Type keyword(s) to search

Detective Mike Logan: Hot-Tempered Alpha Bad Ass

• Start Topic

I totally stole the first part from TWoP, because, yeah, He's a TOTAL BAD ASS, Alpha, has a hot temper. And doesn't cotton to bullshit.

The Hot temper got him into trouble many a time, but it was also used to force cooperation from other anal dickwads who refused to provide our guys with information they needed!

What's a guy to do?

Well, as Maggie (the uni) once told him, "So Go Light my fire."

Don't know if he lit Maggie's fire, but he sure lit mine.

Errr...this is a PG-13 thread, right?

Well, I'm a straight guy, so Mike never "lit my fire" so to speak.  He certainly entertains me, though, with his cheesy one-liners, plaid ties, and attempts to flirt with every woman on the show not named "Anita."

Mike: Can you describe the car?

Woman: Oh, no. I don't know anything about cars. [Pause, as she pulls something from her pocket] All I got was the license plate number.

Mike (to the woman's husband): Can I hug her?

I remember that scene! It was so awesome, because nobody ever gets a plate number on teevee.

• Love 4

I did find the constant "Rey is so attractive" annoying but they did that with Chris Noth too and Jeremy Sisto IIRC. Maybe it's just Benjamin Bratt you don't like! :)

They did? I don't recall practically every witness they spoke to, or fellow colleague, flirting or coming on to Mike, like they did with regularity toward Rey. I mean, for Mike, there was that uni Maggie, who told Mike to "light" her fire...the bag lady in "Mayhem", who Profaci, I think it was, told Mike "his girlfriend" was back to id their suspect..and yeah, slight flirtation with Beverly Johnson, for 30 seconds, but I suspect the latter was because they were dating each other at the time in real life.

• Love 1

Mike was all about the flirting!  In Kiss the Girls (from this week) Mike's talking to a gym partner of the victim and there's a whole scene of her getting him to "spot" her and he's practically in her lap!  I love knowing how/why people react to some of the same behaviors from different people. 

Mike was all about the flirting!  In Kiss the Girls (from this week) Mike's talking to a gym partner of the victim and there's a whole scene of her getting him to "spot" her and he's practically in her lap!  I love knowing how/why people react to some of the same behaviors from different people. 

Oh yeah! Oh....yeahhhhhhhh.

What?

• Love 1

As much as I love this show, and I do, I also have a LOT of problems with some of the episodes, that demonstrate how much further we have come as a society, yet, Wolf would give us episodes that would make me question it: be they about how his hate for the military comes through, abortion and post 9/11 episodes.

That said, it amazes me, no, it shocks me, that in the era of the mid 90's, that despite his occasional insubordination, hot temper, shooting off at the mouth, bending the law thisclose at times, that Mike Logan is the perfect man, and how come I never found someone like him in real life?

He's all for women's rights--their right to choose to have an abortion or not; and when Lennie snarkily asked him if he ever experienced it or knew someone, he said YES. The woman he was with at the time got one and it was her right; she's married now with two or three kids. That shut Lennie up.

And I'm watching season five, episode 1 with that quack "doctor" who convinces women who have breast cancer that chemo is the EVUHL, and just sells them snake oil. Again, Mike is on the phone, trying to reach said "doctor" and tells Lennie, if you have breast cancer and are that sick, she should be in a hospital. My ovaries exploded.

Yeah, yeah, Mike was also a horn dog. What'syerpoint?

• Love 2

He's all for women's rights--their right to choose to have an abortion or not; and when Lennie snarkily asked him if he ever experienced it or knew someone, he said YES. The woman he was with at the time got one and it was her right; she's married now with two or three kids. That shut Lennie up.

Lennie?  I thought that was from "Life Choice" with Max Greevey?

Lennie?  I thought that was from "Life Choice" with Max Greevey?

D'OH! You may be right. But I also recall a similar conversation with Lennie, about how Lennie said something about wait till you have kids, you don't know, and Mike brought up how he almost did have a kid. But that shut Max up, too, heh. Now that I've said that, I'll have to go back and rewatch to make sure.

Just watched "Seed" today, and yes, Mike told Max about an ex who got an abortion, it was here, where Lennie said, "If I didn't know you didn't have kids, I'd know you didn't have kids" and Mike said that women today now have a choice and it wasn't the '50s anymore.

Not nearly the same thing, but sigh, my heart just melted, cuz, see, Mike's not being a sexist pig of an asshole.

• Love 1

So, I will say this about Mike - I never found him attractive (please don't stone me Scorpio!), but I have always found Chris Noth to be incredibly charismatic.  Whether it's as Mike Logan, Mr Big, or Peter Florrick, there is something about him that's inherently watchable.

And much as I like Lennie, I actually think my favorite partnership was Logan/Ceretta.  I don't know why, I just liked the two together.  Lennie & Logan snark was a little too much; like one snark and one sincere-ish partner.

• Love 1

Heh. I won't hold it against you, Sparkle. More Mike for me! Although aren't you contradicting yourself? I mean Mike is being played by Noth! Who, I totally agree, is so very charismatic. He can play a blue collar, hot headed New Yawk Pohlice Detective, an asshole (from what I understand. Never watched Sex and the City), and a sleazy politician with layers.

I loved Logan's partnership with Max the best.

• Love 1
Heh. I won't hold it against you, Sparkle. More Mike for me! Although aren't you contradicting yourself? I mean Mike is being played by Noth! Who, I totally agree, is so very charismatic.

Oh, I will watch him.  Just not in an "oooh, I wanna pounce on THAT" kind of way.  More in a "ehhh....you're not my type but I TOTALLY get why Carrie Bradshaw can't let you go" way.  

My secret shame is that I find Ben Stone insanely attractive in those first four seasons....there's something about quiet confidence mixed with simmering rage.  I'll go hide in a corner now.

• Love 1
(edited)

No need to hide in shame! I feel the same way! Hell when this show first premiered, I was a sophomore in college, and decided I wanted to work for the New York's District Attorney's office when I saw Ben Stone. And I was a Journalism Major, Minoring in Criminal Justice. In hindsight, my majors should have been reversed. But I had to let go of that dream because, well, I don't quite recall why.

Ahem

I found and still continue to find Ben's simmering rage, contempt, and soft voice much more sexy and attractive than Jack's bursts of temper, and blow ups. Part of it is because Ben never cut corners or split hairs.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Mike: Can you describe the car?

Woman: Oh, no. I don't know anything about cars. [Pause, as she pulls something from her pocket] All I got was the license plate number.

Mike (to the woman's husband): Can I hug her?

I love, love, LOVE that moment. Especially the expression on their faces after he asks for the hug. Lolololololol.

• Love 4

So, I will say this about Mike - I never found him attractive (please don't stone me Scorpio!), but I have always found Chris Noth to be incredibly charismatic.  Whether it's as Mike Logan, Mr Big, or Peter Florrick, there is something about him that's inherently watchable.

I do not understand the first part of that but at least you get the equation.  Big is not a jerk, she is CRAZY!  GHScorpio, give SATC a chance.

And I just noticed something:

Noth, because I'm totally crediting him with this, gave Mike that swag, he does when Mike is walking. It's hard to desribe, but y'all know it when you see it. It's all in the hips, I think. And it's only with this character that he does it. Other characters he's played don't walk with that swagger, like he had Detective Michael Logan do.

What?

• Love 1

You know, I get Noth wanted to leave when Mike exited the Mothership, and okay, slugging a politician is never good for a career. But I was still sort of perplexed how Mike was dogged about that forever after, even over on CI. When you consider Lennie admitted working drunk before he got help, etc. (and Cragen all the way back in S1 admitting to pointing his gun at a cab while drunk as a detective - and he made it to captain in two separate precincts!), it doesn't seem like what Logan did was worse than everything else.

Still, yeah, I know. Politics. Blah, blah.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

it doesn't seem like what Logan did was worse than everything else.

Punching a politician gets you on the news.  The other things can get dealt with internally, but show up on the front page of the Daily News, and it's a different story - people notice, and it doesn't reflect favorably on the department.

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 1

Yes, but it's a feeling so many relate to.

And I'm watching season five, episode 1 with that quack "doctor" who convinces women who have breast cancer that chemo is the EVUHL, and just sells them snake oil. Again, Mike is on the phone, trying to reach said "doctor" and tells Lennie, if you have breast cancer and are that sick, she should be in a hospital. My ovaries exploded.

U mean in a good way, or were you angry?

1 hour ago, mansonlamps said:

I thought she was saying Mike was super attractive for caring about women and breast cancer.  I guess we need GHSR to weigh in.

Yup. That was it. I wasn't pissed at Mike. I found it really hot. And even more so when I watched the episode after I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was pissed and angry with all the women who would rather die than seek treatment, even if it was to remove one or both breasts, where there was reconstructive surgery available.

• Love 3