Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wish List - Plot and Zombies Please?

• Start Topic

Questions that need to be answered, things we'd like to see in Season 2

Questions:

What does/did Strand do for  a living

Did Travis cheat on LIza with Maddie

What happened to the teenage kid (he better be alive)

Why is Travis a pacifist

Why did Strand think taking Nick would be a good idea

Wish List:

Survivors showing some freaking emotion at what is happening around them

Survivors sharing information

The chaos of not knowing what's going on

Not a rehash of TWD with wandering and horde fighting

More encounters with confused/scared people

More encounters with dead

• Love 3

Rewind and see the actual fall of civilization. :P

(But yea, I agree with most of your wish list. I can't find it in my to care about the questions, other than Tobias.)

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 9

What does/did Strand do for a living?

In "Cobalt," Strand told Nick he's a closer who can sell anything but insurance. Before the finale, showrunner Dave Erickson said Victor Strand is

a wealthy fixer who was in the wrong place in the wrong time

: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fear-walking-dead-ticking-clock-827484 [spoiler-tagged for those who avoid anything not shown on-screen.]

My wishlist includes:

Writing, direction & acting that make me care about the characters

Stunning visuals

On-screen action

More life-and-death tension, less angst & drama

Occasional, intentional humor

Less rape & torture

Flashbacks to the skipped nine days—preferably involving new characters and/or Strand, Dr. Exner, or Tobias

• Love 2

I have to add...  Putting the cast to sea for a zombie apocalypse just sounds like a thoroughly BAD (and boring) idea...  Why not travel to the arctic circle? How can that possibly be entertaining? 

What this season needed was to expand on the creepiness of individual experiences with the zombies.  Night of the Living Dead in the city would have been perfect.  A few characters dealing with ten to fifteen walkers in the various locations (subdivision, grocery store, inner city, etc.) building up to them possibly meeting by episode six.

I don't know how you can put the shit back into the goose at this point...

• Love 1

In World War Z, there were survivors on a submarine who saw walking on the sea floor.  That would be an awesome visual for FTWD but we know TPTB would never spend money on that level of special effects.

• Love 1

I have to add... Putting the cast to sea for a zombie apocalypse just sounds like a thoroughly BAD (and boring) idea... Why not travel to the arctic circle? How can that possibly be entertaining?

I read somewhere that

one of the showrunners noted that Strand's boat is actually a really luxurious yacht and strongly hinted that it would be something that other survivors would covet and want to attack the main cast to get.

But I have to agree with you, that would be interesting for one episode but I dunno what they would do to fill the rest of the season.

Edited by link417

I have to add...  Putting the cast to sea for a zombie apocalypse just sounds like a thoroughly BAD (and boring) idea...  Why not travel to the arctic circle? How can that possibly be entertaining?

I read somewhere that

one of the showrunners noted that Strand's boat is actually a really luxurious yacht and strongly hinted that it would be something that other survivors would covet and want to attack the main cast to get.

But I have to agree with you, that would be interesting for one episode but I dunno what they would do to fill the rest of the season.

I do not want to spoil anyone. But there is this show that has a cast of seven that takes place on an island. There was a single premise throughout all 98 episodes. Which sustained the show for 98 episodes. So I think eight people on a luxurious yacht featuring a single premise could work for probably 60 episodes. Especially if you do it on the cheap.

Just sit right back

And you'll hear a tale

A tale of a fateful ZA,

That started somewhere and some how.

The walkers and biters got out on hand.

So everyone started to hide.

Hiding on this luxury yacht.

The school teacher and his moody son.

The Guidance counselor her booty short wearing daughter

and her junkie son.

The millionaire who owns the luxury yacht.

The torturer and his disillusioned daughter.

All here on Fear the Walking Dead.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 7

Nick:  "what is that out there?"

Strand:  "looks like another boat"

Nick:  "think we should say hello?  Maybe they have some heroin"?

Strand:  "naw,,,  stay away from them...  I going to take a nap"

Nick:  "What if there are walkers (floaters) in the water?"

Strand:  "Let them float"....

Nick"  I'm bored"

Thanks for creating the thread, Ripley68. Excellent idea.

This thread is available for anyone who wants to discuss all things about what they hope, anticipate or would like to see for season 2, and what they would like to see on the show (Gore? Walkers? Actual emotion? Decent Acting?).

I've also created a thread called Season 2 - Spoilers and Speculation. This thread should be used for discussing or speculating on any news or spoilers or press releases or articles you have read about season 2.

For this thread, please do not post spoilers about season 2 in here - just your wish list of what you would want to see on the show.  If you absolutely have to, please spoiler tag. Some people want to avoid spoilers at all costs, but this wish list thread is a great idea!  Thanks!

Oh, and I stole your post for the thread title, Cthulhudrew. Thanks!

• Love 1

Is it wrong of me, or does it make me a bad person to hope the show is canceled after season 2? I don't believe I'll watch the show, but will happily come here to read the posts, and the snark factor.

PS To those who do like the show,  I respect your opinion....really I do.

PPS I do hope Tobias gets to come back, alive.

• Love 1

Strand is the only character I have even the slightest bit of interest in.  That's a problem for a low-budget show that has to depend on compelling characters, great ensemble acting, and decent writing that by necessity has to revolve around character development.

Therefore, my wish list for season 2 episode 1 is that zombies kill all the survivors in Strand's house except Strand.  They wouldn't have to blow their budget, because with these dumbass characters it would only take two or three zombies.  Then re-boot the whole show with an entirely new cast.

Edited by SnarkyTart

Strand is the only character I have even the slightest bit of interest in. That's a problem for a low-rated, low-budget show that has to depend on compelling characters, great ensemble acting, and decent writing that by necessity has to revolve around character development.

“Low-rated”? The premiere broke the Nielsen cable record, and the finale's ratings were higher than the season 1 finale of The Walking Dead: http://deadline.com/2015/10/fear-the-walking-dead-ratings-finale-amc-walking-dead-1201567271/

I agree about the characters, writing, and production values being sub-par—but where's the motivation for TPTB to do any better in Season 2?

• Love 2

“Low-rated”? The premiere broke the Nielsen cable record, and the finale's ratings were higher than the season 1 finale of The Walking Dead: http://deadline.com/2015/10/fear-the-walking-dead-ratings-finale-amc-walking-dead-1201567271/

I agree about the characters, writing, and production values being sub-par—but where's the motivation for TPTB to do any better in Season 2?

Thanks, edited to fix it. Sadly, you're probably right that if the show has good ratings they're not going to re-tool it.  I'll check in when S2 starts, but absent major cast changes, it won't stay in my season passes. 

• Love 1

I hope everyone who hates this show so bitterly and vociferously stops watching and trash posting, ...

Dream on. I'm going to be here talking shit on this steaming turd till they cancel it and put this lame ass show out of it's misery.

• Love 8

I hope everyone who hates this show so bitterly and vociferously stops watching and trash posting, so others could get a word in edgewise.  And I hope stupid Tobias is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.  :-)

I liked it more than some around here but promise to stop posting about FTWD when it comes back unless I end up liking the new season. Leaving aside people's complaints about it being a bait-and-switch, I still didn't think it succeeded on its own terms but I know what it is now and if I watch again, that's on me, not them ;)

• Love 1

I hope everyone who hates this show so bitterly and vociferously stops watching and trash posting, so others could get a word in edgewise.  And I hope stupid Tobias is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.  :-)

The type of person who would call an usher to tell Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot to shut up during the movie.

• Love 1

The type of person who would call an usher to tell Joel Robinson, Mike Nelson, Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot to shut up during the movie.

I guess I am oblivious to whatever point you are trying to make, since I haven't been to a movie theatre in decades and don't give a shit who those guys are (yes, I Binged them and now know, but remain unimpressed at the reference) - but if their chatter was ruining my paid experience, I'd object.  Here?  I'll just forego the pleasure of the majority's company and watch the show in my own private Idaho.  No big deal.

I really didn't go sour until the last episode, when Daniel's stupid and evil rescue plan unleashed a horde which led to the deaths of hundreds in one night, likely countless more over time and most unforgivably, led to the death of Liza, the only character I felt fully invested in. My wish for season 2 is for that fucker to perish, I'm sure Ruben Blades will act the hell out of it. Also, I hope his final act is to take Madison down with him. I mostly hate her.

• Love 3

Wish List for Season 2:

1.  There is no Season 2

Oh well, there are 15 episodes this spring.  I've decided that I've had enough, though.  This show has been horribly botched and has some of the worst casting I have seen on any show in recent memory.  I'm not going to watch more zombie apocalypse than I already do just because it's part of the hallowed franchise.  Even FWD is getting old fast.

• Love 2

Oh well, there are 15 episodes this spring.  I've decided that I've had enough, though.  This show has been horribly botched and has some of the worst casting I have seen on any show in recent memory.  I'm not going to watch more zombie apocalypse than I already do just because it's part of the hallowed franchise.  Even FWD is getting old fast.

The mother show is frustrating enough right now, while all the characters have forgotten everything they knew the past five seasons.  If I watch another season of Fear, I will just start hating the original.  (Maybe the back 8 will change my mind)

And I totally agree that the casting was just terrible.

Edited by peach
  • Love 1

I don't want Season two to be at sea.  I don't give a shit about pirates or floating zombies.  I want L.A....downtown....society in shambles. 

I'd also like about 50% of the principle cast to get eaten.  I'm not fussy on which ones -- we need to feel some distinct loss in order to connect to these characters.

• Love 1

I don't want Season two to be at sea.  I don't give a shit about pirates or floating zombies.  I want L.A....downtown....society in shambles. 

I'd also like about 50% of the principle cast to get eaten.  I'm not fussy on which ones -- we need to feel some distinct loss in order to connect to these characters.

But, it can't be downtown LA. They didn't have LA past the first episode because they're filming in like Canada or something. Given the constraints and what we saw in the first season, staying in "LA" would have been either a disaster or just a pale copy of the mother ship. I've got a "show me" attitude but boarding the SS Minnow but at least it forces different story lines on FtWD .... (By the way "Gilligan's Zombie Island" would be an awesome show)

Edited by rab01

But, it can't be downtown LA. They didn't have LA past the first episode because they're filming in like Canada or something. Given the constraints and what we saw in the first season, staying in "LA" would have been either a disaster or just a pale copy of the mother ship. I've got a "show me" attitude but boarding the SS Minnow but at least it forces different story lines on FtWD .... (By the way "Gilligan's Zombie Island" would be an awesome show)

I understand that, and from what I've read they've moved production to Mexico.  Behind the scenes stuff doesn't bother me, not to mention that Canadian cities are often used to represent US Cities (I live in Toronto) - I would prefer  for them to take that boat up the coast to Vancouver and film on the street there than to be stuck on a  yacht.  YMMV.  I didn't enjoy Waterworld the first time I saw it, and I don't think it'd enjoy it Zombie style.  They don't make the show for just me, so if they produce something I'm not interested in, I will always have the opportunity to hate watch or (more likely) move on.

• Love 1

Oh yeah, that cast stuck on a yacht together with nothing but sniping at each other in between pirates would be deadly dull. But, if the boat lets them move to an area different from the industrialized world, then maybe you get different stories. Like, if it's a poor fishing village, would it's transition to the ZA play very differently from the suburbs of Atlanta and DC ....

• Love 2

I actually think that having the characters on a boat is sounds promising. I found season one disappointing because they could not follow through with the promise of what mayhem would look like in a huge city like LA. On the boat, they can only carry so much food and other supplies. They will have to be stop at various locations which would given opportunities for adventures and you know there will be people who will try to take the boat. Also, we will see how that character from the airplane series hooks up with them.

• Love 2

SimoneS

I actually think that having the characters on a boat is sounds promising. I found season one disappointing because they could not follow through with the promise of what mayhem would look like in a huge city like LA. On the boat, they can only carry so much food and other supplies. They will have to be stop at various locations which would given opportunities for adventures and you know there will be people who will try to take the boat. Also, we will see how that character from the airplane series hooks up with them.

This reminds me a little of the plot for "The Last Ship", having to come ashore for supplies and to do searches.  Of course, "The Last Ship" is a full on US Naval vessel with weapons (albeit with problems)  and not a ragtag bunch of morons.

• Love 3

I would really like them to revisit some of the stuff that skipped over. Couldn't they meet up with a Navy ship and get some backstory? Some mention of what's going on the rest of the world? Maybe Australia's doing okay or New Zealand? If this simply becomes a show where people are trying to steal their boat and they have to risk going ashore for supplies, then it's just going to be boring.

I hope it's more like Parks and Rec in that they had a less than stellar first season and then completely turned things around in season 2.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 1

So I've only just gotten into this (with a 6 ep first season, it's not that hard to catch up) and whoa...the general consensus that FTWD is shit is right! But howww?! I've seen the cast in other things and they're all pretty amazing (so it's not that they're bad actors) especially Cliff Curtis (in all the movies he's done) and ADC in The 100. 

Could it be that the material that they've been given for FTWD is really sub-par? Because boy did they cobble together the most boring family ever.

S2 wishlist:

-Better material for the actors (although isolating the location to a yacht might not be helping?)

-More zombies (I am assuming FTWD is trying to lean towards more of the psychological horror, rather than gore and I think that's not a bad move) cause more zombies wouldn't hurt

-Tobias? Is that you?

-The kids (Alicia, Nick, Chris, Ofelia) actually doing more stuff than just being kids? It's a zombie apocalypse people, say goodbye to your childhoods, time to kick some ass!

• Love 4

What I wish for is to get some answers about the virus, the disease, and why the damn zombies exist.  We are going through the Zika (Xika?) virus "epidemic" right now.  I heard my first story on the virus about two months ago regarding the microencephaly babies.  Now we know how the virus is transmitted, we know where the vectors are, and scientists are beginning to develop biological weapons and vaccines against the mosquitos.  WHY don't these people know anything about why the dead are coming back to life???  It makes no sense.  The zombies can't have eaten all the doctors, researchers and scientists already. Newscasters, commentators, there's no interest in the Big Story.  Naïve, I must be, but I fail to understand how educators and people who drive around in trucks listening to the radio haven't heard ONE WORD about this contagion.  And don't argue that the government is hiding the evidence: there are too many ways to publish conspiracy, anti-government, TRUTHer stories that the mainstream media would surely pick up on.

• Love 2

Also, where are all the dead bodies coming from?  At the beginning of the show, there shouldn't be any.  Seriously, how many dead people do YOU encounter in your work day?  Hospitals and funeral parlors are uniquely equipped to contain any zombies, I would think.  Where does the Horde come from? 

• Love 1