Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

They should make Ava a recurring character. I do like MW but it's too much of her character does something shitty, she overacts a bunch about it because she has to fill her minimums. But then, of course, Valentin/JPS is recurring too so it might not lessen her airtime all that much.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Well, I asked for a Jason/Drew scene and the show delivered, albeit in an awkward and kind of senseless way. Drew doesn't need Jason to communicate with Carly about Joss and her feelings regarding Oscar's mortality; Drew and Carly are on decent enough terms that he could talk to her directly, as they just did the other week. It's like the show realized they needed Jason to weigh in on things and created a reason for Drew to reach out to Jason, when really it should have happened the other way around. It wouldn't kill Jason to show some initiative and extend a gesture of sympathy unprompted.

I was highly amused by Joss and Cam going on and on about sugar cookies from a place Oscar is clueless about, despite having lived in PC for a couple years now. See what you miss out on, Oscar, by spending so much of your time at Charlie's or sitting in that raggedy-ass park? 

Pitbull mom Nina is the WORST. I don't care if she thinks Willow is out to get Charlotte, she could conduct herself in a manner that isn't openly confrontational and full of resentment.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

Drew doesn't need Jason to communicate with Carly about Joss and her feelings regarding Oscar's mortality

This.  Drew's going on about how Joss is going to slow down their time with Oscar because she wants to find a miracle cure.  What?  Joss wanted to find a miracle cure for about 5 minutes, when she asked Carly for Sonny's resources.  Then Carly talked her down and since then Joss has been very much aware that there is no miracle cure, she even told Cam that yesterday (or Monday?).  Was the Drew/Jason scenes taped out of sequence?  Did the poo flinging monkeys forget what they wrote?

19 minutes ago, Linny said:

Pitbull mom Nina is the WORST.

Ugh.  I can't even with her.  There was a mom at my kid's school who thought her kid's poop didn't stink and that there was no way her kid was the one to blame.  Turns out it was that kid who was doing the bullying and terrorizing.  Guh.  I can't stand parents like that.  I'll defend my kid, but I'm also fully aware that she isn't an angel.  

• Love 7

Drew going to Jason to ask him to talk to Carly so that she can talk to Joss is just the show shoe-horning Jason along with Carson into every storyline there is.  Drew wanting Joss to pull back when it makes Oscar happy makes no sense.

So Cam is going to take Oscar and Joss down into the dangerous catacombs. I bet they get into trouble. Ooooh, I wonder who is going to save them?  Seriously, show, less Jason is better Jason.

It was so inappropriate of Lulu and Valentin to push Willow into talking what's going on with Charlotte in a social situation. That said, it's pretty easy to see find out what's going on -- give two versions of the tests and make sure that Charlotte and Kendra get different ones.

I recommend the Neil Flambe books for Aiden. Young Neil Flambe is a world-famous chef and solves mysteries in his spare time.

Oh, Sam, a class on regrets will do nothing for you because Jason keeps telling you that you did nothing wrong and he's the ultimate word on everything for you. Neither of you can understand what Kristina could possibly get out of a support circle that's not you.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oh, Sam, a class on regrets will do nothing for you because Jason keeps telling you that you did nothing wrong and he's the ultimate word on everything for you.

Has Sam ever done anything wrong and/or apologized for anything in the last decade? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Has Sam ever done anything wrong and/or apologized for anything in the last decade? 

She apologized to Sonny for shooting him. But yeah, that doesn't really count. Everyone has to apologize to Sonny.

• Love 5

I actually adore both Lexi and Kristina. To me, LA sells that Kristina is sweet and sensitive and totally lost.

Honestly half my enjoyment of the cult storyline is sort of a "lol, girl, you would" reaction. Falling into pseudo-NXIVM is such a Kristina thing to do. 

(the other half is the character of Shiloh, who continues to be excellent.)

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She apologized to Sonny for shooting him. But yeah, that doesn't really count. Everyone has to apologize to Sonny.

Even though she had giving-birth-thru-her-jeans-disease at the time and didn't know what she was doing, she still had to apologize to that asshole.  

• Love 2

I’ve been to the readings of several wills. I’m certainly no expert but not one of those wills was compartmentalized. Why was Gail’s will to be read in parts? Where are the other parts? Why would Gail have written her will to be a mystery to be doled out bit by bit? Who wrote this crap?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What aggravates me is that none of this in and of itself means anything. I know this is the beginning of the story, but for now it's just reinforcing tired gender stereotypes. Boys must be gay if they like baking and princesses because baking and princesses are only for girls. 

I don’t think the show is saying that. I think the show is saying kids will rally around those stereotypes and bully over them, which may or may not be true. When I was a kid, it would have been true. But that was awhile ago.  I’m sure the goal of the storyline is well-intended, but I am on the side of those who doubt their ability to carry it off.  As someone who recently lost a parent to Alzheimer’s, I am constantly frustrated by the way they’re doing that story.

Jason, how do you have any idea what Shiloh’s MO is? You’ve talked to him a total of five minutes.

Lulu is reaching Kristina levels of irritation for me. I just look at her and my eyes start rolling out of my head.

Shut. Up. Nina.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve been to the readings of several wills. I’m certainly no expert but not one of those wills was compartmentalized. Why was Gail’s will to be read in parts? Where are the other parts? Why would Gail have written her will to be a mystery to be doled out bit by bit? Who wrote this crap?

That was super annoying and, likely, more of the show's bad pacing.

Although I'm putting it on the record now, my guess is that the condition is that Kevin has to run the mental health unit, which will either trip up Ryan or provide a reason for a rescued slash disgraced Kevin to remain in town.

One thing I can be happy about is the will specifically saying money for a great-grandchildren's medical education was specifically for Serena's children.  Sucks to be you, Franco and fans!  Although, sniff, I guess poor Christina is truly lost in the annals of time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t think the show is saying that. I think the show is saying kids will rally around those stereotypes and bully over them, which may or may not be true. When I was a kid, it would have been true. But that was awhile ago.  I’m sure the goal of the storyline is well-intended, but I am on the side of those who doubt their ability to carry it off.  

I think they've done okay with it so far. The worst thing about is that the show's present-day budget/other restrictions have given it a hollowed-out, tell-rather-than-show feel. The only onscreen representation of the bullying has been via another character we know (Charlotte), and even most of that has happened offscreen. If a better-funded TV show or movie were telling this story, we'd be seeing more of Aiden at school, and there would be other kids. It's being told mostly indirectly through the adults.  

But the response I'm seeing on line is a little disheartening. Inclusiveness and the ability to be "seen" is important to a lot of people, and Aiden's story is a real thing. But it apparently went over better with the audience when Liz's other son was a brainwashed terrorist who was going to release a biotoxin. No one was threatening to stop watching over that (which I'm seeing on other sites re: the Aiden hints). No one that I recall was saying the show should never go there with a child so young. When the story of "Aiden being Aiden" is much more upsetting and objectionable than Jake's brainwashing and the young Michael's hit-ordering, it says a lot about why kids like Aiden get bullied or retreat into invisibility and fake it 'til they make it. Even here, the preferred response is that all this setup will conclude with a reassurance that he's still within the viewers' parameters of "normal."

• Love 5

OMG the Drew/Jason scenes were hysterical.  Billy looked like he had just woken up from a bad hangover wanting to murder Jasus. I laughed so hard.

Also playing with the paper on the table so he doesn't have to look at Burton.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, Hater said:

OMG the Drew/Jason scenes were hysterical.  Billy looked like he had just woken up from a bad hangover wanting to murder Jasus. I laughed so hard.

Also playing with the paper on the table so he doesn't have to look at Burton.

Yeah WTF was that scene? I thought, oh, Jason is obviously going to fill Drew in on the Shank stuff. Nope! How is it that Shiloh is heavily involved with Drew's mysterious past and the story is centered on Sam and Jason? And Kristina. Ugh. Their conversation made no sense whatsoever. Drew already spoke with Carly about this at the Q mansion. He and Carly are on good terms, there's no reason he can't speak to her himself. Carly feels this way already and has spoken to Joss. The whole thing was random and weird.

And yes, Billy had murder eyes the whole time and looked half in the bag. I have to say nothing really seems to phase Burton. He's a cool cucumber. As long as he gets paid and Frank keeps letting him hang with Mo and Laura I don't think he gives a flying fudge how miserable anyone around him is. Steve takes care of Steve. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CharethCutestory said:

Yeah WTF was that scene? I thought, oh, Jason is obviously going to fill Drew in on the Shank stuff. Nope! How is it that Shiloh is heavily involved with Drew's mysterious past and the story is centered on Sam and Jason? And Kristina. Ugh. Their conversation made no sense whatsoever. Drew already spoke with Carly about this at the Q mansion. He and Carly are on good terms, there's no reason he can't speak to her himself. Carly feels this way already and has spoken to Joss. The whole thing was random and weird.

And yes, Billy had murder eyes the whole time and looked half in the bag. I have to say nothing really seems to phase Burton. He's a cool cucumber. As long as he gets paid and Frank keeps letting him hang with Mo and Laura I don't think he gives a flying fudge how miserable anyone around him is. Steve takes care of Steve. 

I think a lot of Drew's stuff was cut this week. He was suppose to be warned about Shiloh instead it was some Oscar crap. Was suppose to be on Tuesday and nada.

Maybe BM was off filming something else and they cut his scenes.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why was Gails will to be read in parts? Where are the other parts? Why would Gail have written her will to be a mystery to be doled out bit by bit?

Maybe they're going to have a competition for the money.  Like a reality show.  <rme>  I agree.  A lot of drah-mah over nothing, like Helena's will reading of keys and empty envelopes.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I think the show is saying kids will rally around those stereotypes and bully over them, which may or may not be true.

My bigger point is, liking princesses and baking aren't weird in any way. I know kids don't need weird to tease and bully, but then why take the direction that there is something wrong with Aiden for liking either of these? Why are these the indicators something deeper is going on with him?

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Shut. Up. Nina.

Ugh, she's unbearable. It's even worse that Valentin doesn't tell her she's way out of line and to back the fuck off.

2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

How is it that Shiloh is heavily involved with Drew's mysterious past and the story is centered on Sam and Jason? And Kristina.

Because Drew is barely a character, and the show hasn't the faintest idea what to do with him now that he's not Jason anymore.

I sort of get why Drew talked to Jason about Joss. Even though Drew and Carly are on decent terms, I think she'd take the Joss stuff better from Jason than from Drew.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
5 hours ago, Gam2 said:

That was super annoying and, likely, more of the show's bad pacing.

Although I'm putting it on the record now, my guess is that the condition is that Kevin has to run the mental health unit, which will either trip up Ryan or provide a reason for a rescued slash disgraced Kevin to remain in town.

It's way out of character for Gail to jerk people around like this, but I bet the show wants to draw out the reveal that, as @TeeVee329 posits, Kevin has to run the new unit. That's not a bad idea, but the plotting/pacing is so terrible.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Maybe they're going to have a competition for the money.  Like a reality show.  <rme>  I agree.  A lot of drah-mah over nothing, like Helena's will reading of keys and empty envelopes.

Why does the show always do this shit with will readings? It is one thing for someone like Helena Cassadine to pull shit like this because she was batshit crazy and evil, but relatively normal, high status women like Lila Quartermaine and now Gail Baldwin. What the heck? I remember Guza ruining the rather love tribute to Lila Q's character with similar bullshit with Felicia awarding the money to Justus Ward, who wasn't even one of her descedants. A lovely "I hate Q's and I not ready to stop killing them" letter for Guza to the audience. (Why didn't Felicia decide Jason should have the money? Because he was just too morally pure for it. It is more noble to kill for cash than to scheme for it. No points awarded to Alan and Monica for letting Lila run the household for years even though it was her daughter in law's house, or for saving Maxie's life). 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Drew is barely a character, and the show hasn't the faintest idea what to do with him now that he's not Jason anymore.

This is true. And it's a shame because there's a lot of potential there but there are the standard issues inhibiting it. BM's performance and a reluctance to recast. Lack of talent on the writers part to come up with a really great and layered back story. Drew could've been a great character but everything about him from characterization to performance is crap. 

This show is so friggin' depressing I wish they'd somehow cure Oscar, get Drew his memories back and send Drew, Kim and Oscar as a happy family back to San Diego or wherever they came from never to be seen or heard from again. It'd achieve trimming the fat and providing something uplifting in all the doom and gloom. 

I totally didn’t get the scene st the metro  court. Willow tells lulu that Charlotte is cheating, then they tell Valentin. When informed that Charlotte is pulling C’s in history and is clearly not interested in the subject, Nina preens? Is she proud that Charlotte is just barely passing?

then after Valentin says he’s been studying with  Charlotte and she doesn’t need to cheat, Willow tells lulu that she doesn’t know anything for sure. Well then why make the accusation? And why not call in both sets of parents to the school to discuss it with the kids there? No one wants to think their child is cheating but when I was in school, it was dealt with there and then. Not at some later date down the road. In fact, when I was in HS my teacher accused me of cheating on a test. When the grades came back and I scored waaaaay below the student I was accused of cheating from, I asked the teacher ‘if I were going to cheat, wouldn’t I have done a better job?’ He had no answer lol!

but especially in 3rd grade, you’d think the teacher would be on top of the situation, not just casually discussing it with the parents in a social setting.  

• Love 2

Falling into pseudo-NXIVM is such a Kristina thing to do. 

damn! the bizarre sex-cult Alison Mack (Smallville) was in??? It didn't even occur to me that they would go that route. But some of that craziness happened in upstate New York, so you might be on to something.

and congratulations to the writer who remembered the Eckert's owned a bakery... mentioning the Eckert name made me a little nervous, I can't imagine they'd bring back more Spencer cousins when they don't even write for the Spencer (Valerie) they currently have.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I totally didn’t get the scene st the metro  court. Willow tells lulu that Charlotte is cheating, then they tell Valentin. When informed that Charlotte is pulling C’s in history and is clearly not interested in the subject, Nina preens? Is she proud that Charlotte is just barely passing?

They could not put it any plainer than that. Charlotte's behavior has been laid at Nina's doorstep. 

• Love 1

This show is so friggin' depressing I wish they'd somehow cure Oscar, get Drew his memories back and send Drew, Kim and Oscar as a happy family back to San Diego or wherever they came from never to be seen or heard from again. It'd achieve trimming the fat and providing something uplifting in all the doom and gloom. 

JMO - but another doctor (especially one that can act) should not be removed from the show and BM is generally enjoyable to watch when he is engaged.  Oscar should be recast.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 5

Why are they teasing me with Kevin killing Sonny, Carly, and Lulu?  I'd take one out of the three. Sadly, I know none will die. 

My gosh, just repeating the story of Tony listening to BJ's heart beating in Maxie got me a choked up.  Why can't they write like that?  I don't give a flying pancake about Oscar dying because the writing has been so meh.  Then again, the actor sucking might be part of the problem.  When he was in the scenes with Cam and Joss yesterday, I thought it was painfully obvious that Cam is head and shoulders better than either of the other two and Joss and significantly better than Oscar. 

Please, writers. Please.  Kill off Carly. Or Sonny.  Or Sam. Or current Lulu. I really don't care which one you pick.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

My gosh, just repeating the story of Tony listening to BJ's heart beating in Maxie got me a choked up.  Why can't they write like that?

I dunno why the show thought it was a good idea to run through some of its greatest hits in the midst of pedaling garbage, i.e. Maxie comparing LWB/FS to Nathan, yet another visit to Morgan's grave, Lulu doing a disserve to fictional journalists everywhere, etc.

Aw Lucy wondering if Doc was going to come to her event.  And then yay to her finding out about "him" and Ava and going nuts. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

KW looked very foxy in her reading glasses.

Ryan's list of victims continually cracks me up. So subtle! There's no way anyone will connect that to anything, right?

"Nina, can you please tell me parents nobody will die here tonight?" "Uh, that's a hope." Hee.

Is Lynn Herring in the opening credits? I didn't see her in today's, but since they change a bit from day to day, it's possible she's in some iteration.

3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why are they teasing me with Kevin killing Sonny, Carly, and Lulu?  I'd take one out of the three. Sadly, I know none will die. 

It's so stupid and insulting. 

• Love 2

Nina's continued bleating to anyone that will listen that Valentin killed Nikolas in self-defense is insulting. She wasn't there, and besides, Valentin has lied to her about everything big and small since they day they met. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Nina's continued bleating to anyone that will listen that Valentin killed Nikolas in self-defense is insulting. She wasn't there, and besides, Valentin has lied to her about everything big and small since they day they met. 

Nina is a goddamn idiot. If Ryan isn't going to kill any of the people on that list, can he at least just off Nina. He doesn't have to add her to the list, it could be a nice surprise. 

She and Valentin will marry, then she will find out he lied about her daughter, so she will leave him. Then she will go back to him again, then something will happen to make her realize that he did all the things he is accused of, so she will leave him. Then he will figure out a way to get her back, because that's probably what he does in his free time because he's that gross, then she will go back to him because she's that much of a moron.

Awesome.

• Love 8

Good lord, the session with "Kevin" really showed what a petulant baby Sonny is. Gah. 

The book excerpts Lucy read did nothing to make me want to get it IRL. Big fat fail, tie-in department!

"Let's just hope that link doesn't get publicized." Oh, Curtis. Oh, Laura. Since when does the GIrl Reporter listen to reason? 

That cliffhanger was just cruel, Show!

• Love 4

I found that last scene with Carson on Morgans grave unintentionally funny for some reason. Both of them freezing their asses off, Carly trying to get Sonny to talk to a tombstone because her quack serial killer shrink doc told them to, Sonny looking bored and having fuck all clue what to say and wanting to gtf out of dodge. The only thing was missing was Margaux walking in on them yet again. With Sonny's scarf.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 5

Lulu just tosses off the statement that Rocco is spending the night at the Q mansion. Let’s see: Monica is 80 years old, is a cardiologist, chief of staff of the entire hospital, owns a mansion with 35-45 residents, multiple staff members/chefs/gardeners, etc to supervise. Why do all of these young people drop their little kids off for Monica/her staff to take care of them? Do these writers know how very bone deep stupid this is? Every time some idiot says she’d dropped her kids off at the Q Mansion? Is my hair on fire at the very feeble attempts to write something, anything even slightly realistic? Why, yes. It is.

And now I’m convinced that Lucy Coe is on some strong hallucinogenic drugs. Her behavior today at her book launch wasn’t even funny or entertaining. It was embarrassing for the show and especially, this actress. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Why do all of these young people drop their little kids off for Monica/her staff to take care of them?

You said it yourself.  There's staff there. Why would daycare or babysitters be so much more preferable?  The only problem is looking at how all the Q kids turned out, you might not want them there.  OK, Emily turned out OK until  she died.  And while Ned has his issues, he's mostly fine.  But, Jason?  AJ?  Lulu even lived there for a while and she's pretty insufferable.  Dillon?  Yeah, sure people may side eye that one, but I stick by it.  Dillon sucks.  

13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

And now I’m convinced that Lucy Coe is on some strong hallucinogenic drugs. Her behavior today at her book launch wasn’t even funny or entertaining. It was embarrassing for the show and especially, this actress. 

Yeah I wasn't sure what that was about.  Was her intent to antagonize?  Elicit sympathy?  Really weird.  Seriously detracted from that killer dress and hourglass figure.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Lulu just tosses off the statement that Rocco is spending the night at the Q mansion. Let’s see: Monica is 80 years old,

Olivia is Rocco's grandmother and she now lives at the Q mansion with Ned and Leo.  So when Lulu said sleepover, I assumed it was Rocco spending time with Nonna, Grandpa Ned and Uncle Leo in a different wing of the house from Monica.  

I thought the book was supposed to be a travel guide, like the kind you read when you want to know what's there and where it is, and what highway to take to get there.  Why is it called a travel guide if it's a tell all about the townspeople.  Also, did Lucy interview people for the stories, because how would she know things, like exactly how Valentin killed Nikolas?

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5

I have been skimming a lot on DVR, just watched live on Friday. I know I was supposed to be interested in the Lucy Coe Jones drama and moobster's scene number 5,000 with him making vacant lost expressions at a women he has known forever...

but I was mostly wondering what the story was with the extra standing at the back of the stage with the dollar store sunglasses. 

• Love 1

Friday's episode was just so Goddamn dumb. 

And I'm surprised GH is willing to put in black and white things like how Nicholas actually died since it seems to want to re-write that and other plot points all the time. 

• Love 1

While I can see Lucy delightfully throwing shade and gossips to the citizens of Port Charles that she have rivalries with, I expected better when it came to the people that she cared about. I mean when Lucy started talking about BJ and Maxie as the appropriate story to entertain the audience, I was seriously wondering if she lost her damned mind. She used one the major sorrows in her life (and LH managed to convey that as she recounted the story) to shill her book and be used to entertain the party guests? No way.

Yeah, Sonny why did you give money to Lucy to write that book? 

• Love 5

Count me in as someone who was totally turned off by Lucy and her book yesterday.  First off, it's a travel guide and yet a tell-all?  OK, there.  Secondly, yeah, read the ENTIRE thing, Lucy, so no one will have any incentive to buy it.  But, mostly, it just came off as her being mean-spirited.  Considering all the skeletons in her closet, she's got little room to judge.

Speaking of mean-spirited, I'm so over Bobbie.  She seems to only be around to be antagonistic to whomever the evil du jour is.  Sometimes it's Julian, sometimes it's Ava, sometimes it's whatever random she (or more likely Carly) has an issue with.  Again, glass houses given her past.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, CeChase said:

The show hit gold (probably completely by accident) with the Cam actor.   

I wonder if he was cast by Mark Teschner, who has an excellent track record when he's allowed to do his job.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

And I'm surprised GH is willing to put in black and white things like how Nicholas actually died since it seems to want to re-write that and other plot points all the time.

Oh, they'll rewrite it when they need to.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if he was cast by Mark Teschner, who has an excellent track record when he's allowed to do his job.

Oh, they'll rewrite it when they need to.

Especially if Nikolas ever comes back. After he had successfully framed Drew/Jason for killing him, Nikolas once again will have faked his death by not informing everyone that he survived. Unless he has amnesia.

• Love 1

Speaking of mean-spirited, I'm so over Bobbie. 

Yeah, but ... I enjoyed her scene with Laura.  Many decades have passed but these two ladies are still standing!

I am so over Sonny Corinthos.  Despite, writers once again heaping praise on this vile thug with two mentions of his book sponsorship in yesterday's episode,  I still take umbrage when his name is mentioned in the same sentence as Dr. Steve Hardy. 

Maurice - diction classes are in order. 

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
  • Love 6

So is this book a travel guide or a tell-all? And how did neither Nina nor Maxie bother to read the damn thing (or at least skim it) before agreeing to host this stupid launch party?  

honestly if I was supposed to be amused or intrigued, it didn’t work. I was actually pretty horrified, especially by the opening ‘reading’ about PC’s most intriguing person...the mini mobster.

• Love 8

That book was stupid beyond reason. It's a tell-all, not a travel guide, which interestingly, it was the trio of Joss/Oscar/Cam who were talking about the places to see, where to eat the best cookies and so on, which is what travel guides are about.

Lucy's book needs to be thrown in the incinerator.

• Love 11