Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
GHScorpiosRule

Episode Discussion: TFGH

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'll make sure my phone is fully charged so I can play sudoku during those Michael/Nelly scenes. 

I'm pretty sure Michael and Nelle will be playing sudoku too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Great big giant fat kudos to Finola Hughes and Kimberly McCullough.   I hope other actors were hanging out on set because, that, is how it's done.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, LeftPhalange said:

Nelly will be whining about her childhood. 

she's a great multi-tasker! That's why she's Carly's assistant! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am so tired of the show trying to make me believe that Morgan had this wonderful childhood with Sonny as his father.   Morgan was born in 2003 and Carly married Jax in 2007.  Jax raised Morgan until he was sent to military school, NOT Sonny.  

 "Remember the cabin we took Michael and Morgan to?"  "Remember when Morgan was a little drummer boy in that christmas play".  "Remember that time when Morgan was little and he helped the Amish monks cross the Andes in that blizzard".  

No, no one remembers that because it wouldn't have happened.  

15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nelly will be whining about her childhood. 

Or, she'll be whining about how wonderful Michael's childhood was, you know, like that time he was shot in the head and spent a year in a coma.  Or that time he killed his stepmother and went to prison and got raped.  Yeah, unless any of those things happened to Nelle she needs to shut it about her terrible childhood.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

she's a great multi-tasker! That's why she's Carly's assistant! 

She must be doing something right if she can manage to get her work done while also spending the majority of her time whining, looking at her memory box of crap, and staring at the recording. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, rags said:

So glad KMc is back. Anna & Robin scenes are always strong no matter the material. Loved the blatantly positioned water pitcher to hide Kimberly's pregnancy. Interesting to see if they let OJ and Robin interact at all given their history.

Hopefully the writers will acknowledge that Dr. Robin has created a cure for plutonium poisoning AND brought people back from the dead.....so what's the reason she can't try to create a cure for her mother. 

AMC's Dr. David Hayward (AKA Robin's former stepfather) did the whole bringing people back from the dead thing first.

 

(And I know back from the dead existed long before that, but up to that point, had there ever actually been a half-plot with any actual long-term character actually trying to bring dead people back?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly, I don't get why the show is hiding KMc's pregnancy. Her character is happily married off screen (minus the visits). I could see Patrick and Robin deciding to have another kid since they are in a much more stable place than when Emma came along.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

er character is happily married off screen (minus the visits). I could see Patrick and Robin deciding to have another kid since they are in a much more stable place than when Emma came along.

With her HIV status though it makes it a harder pregnancy to write in.   As in, it's not your average couple having another baby.  And I don't really want these writers to try and tackle that.  Plus it's easier for Robin to come and go for visits if she's doesn't have a newborn to deal with.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

With her HIV status though it makes it a harder pregnancy to write in.   As in, it's not your average couple having another baby.  And I don't really want these writers to try and tackle that.  Plus it's easier for Robin to come and go for visits if she's doesn't have a newborn to deal with.  

Not really. AI isn't that difficult. And as for a newborn, just say Noah is in town - or Matt - and they are playing the "nanny" to their grandchild/niece/nephew and wanted to give Robin and Emma some alone time. Easy peasy. I think it's more idiotic hiding this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, backhometome said:

Julian trying to poison big sis is literally the first useful thing he has tried to do in this story ever. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Not really. AI isn't that difficult. And as for a newborn, just say Noah is in town - or Matt - and they are playing the "nanny" to their grandchild/niece/nephew and wanted to give Robin and Emma some alone time. Easy peasy. I think it's more idiotic hiding this.

 
 

Absolutely. It isn't insane that Robin, after years in captivity, Emma having lost a brother previously, and her closing in on 40, that she would want one more kid. It is a lot easier to explain away a baby if Robin makes the occasional visit to see Anna.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe she asked them not to write it in because of her previous miscarriage. A new onscreen baby would be a fairly painful thing to have to deal with (even on periodic visits) if something had gone wrong. They can always add a baby to the Scorpio-Drake family after her child is born 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Good times. I only wish Anna's story could involve Patty and Emma too. And Robert. ... ... Okay, Luke can come too. He and Robert can figure out that OJ is behind it.  

Nelle to Carly: "Like, OMG! Like everything just always works out for you, doesn't it?!" Well, aside from the small matter of her son being recently blown up, yeah, it pretty much does.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe she asked them not to write it in because of her previous miscarriage. A new onscreen baby would be a fairly painful thing to have to deal with (even on periodic visits) if something had gone wrong. They can always add a baby to the Scorpio-Drake family after her child is born 

Hmm. That's a good point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I'm kind of grossed out by a story that's sponsored by a pharmaceutical company. 

Exactly.  It's bad enough that they have one or two pharmaceutical company advertisements each commercial break, but now they have to be on the show as well?

Tracy's objections then sudden change of heart about Ned's engagement was ridiculous.  She didn't want him to get engaged because he would move out?  Uh, the guy is in his fifties, not some 17 year old.  Olivia's running out was just as foolish.  (Although she made a valiant effort to run in a dress that tight.) 

Edited by ciarra

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Lila's engagement ring was so ugly that Olivia panicked. Seriously, though, what if Dillon decides to propose to Kiki? Would she miss out on Lila's ring just because she got engaged to one of Tracy's sons later?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm in shock that Tracy wouldn't have just told Ned and Dillon that Brook-lyn is getting Lila's ring. If not all of Tracy's and Lila's jewelry. I could see Tracy giving any important pieces of Edward's jewelry, cuffs, tie pins or watches to her sons and for Alan's male heirs (including Jake and Danny). But since Ned has a daughter, I would think that it would be a safe assumption that Brook-Lyn would be the heir to Lila's jewelry. Unless other females are produced by Ned, Dillon and maybe AJ or Jason. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought it was funny when Tracy trashed Oliva about her having 2 babies with 2 diferent men. Um, doesn't Tracy have 2 different babies with 2 different men? One is Ned Ashton & the other Paul Hornsby. How is it that no one questioned or said anything to Tracy about her baby Daddy's?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Um, doesn't Tracy have 2 different babies with 2 different men?

One of those men is a con man and the other, apparently is a serial killer, so yeah, not much of a leg to stand on there.  Although I think her emphasis was on the  2 different "mobster" men, but that doesn't hold up either since Tracy herself was married to Gino Soleto, mobster.  

The whole thing was just weird.  They were going for some type of suspense, "oh no, Tracy won't approve of Olivia" suspense, "oh no, wait, she's coming around".  That works if there is a week in between the scenes but not when it's only a commercial break.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:
16 hours ago, backhometome said:

Julian trying to poison big sis is literally the first useful thing he has tried to do in this story. 

And he can't even do that correctly!

Big bottle of champagne can be used as a weapon. One swing to knock a gun out of a hand, another swing to the head, and several swings to doubletap. Minions come out of woodwork and sing "Brand New Day".

Anna/Robin was great as always. I guess they needed corporate sponsorship to find a real disease with real symptoms. How they will weave this with Val and Liv.... I don't trust Writers.

Oh, Nelle, your scheme has met Sonnyness. It was doomed to fail.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I'm idly thinking "how is the Show going to take Anna's biopsy and cancer scare as being all about Sonny Corinthos before too long?" But hey that's easy. Sonny will be the only one who can donate his bone marrow to Anna, thus saving her life and earning a big hug from Emma.

We would have also accepted "Robin talks with Sonny, and Robin gets strength from Sonny's mumblings about Deke and Bensonhurst, even though she just had a kick-ass inspirational speech to Anna about "Gee, how does one live daily with a life-threatening disease, Mom?"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Oh, Nelle, your scheme has met Sonnyness. It was doomed to fail.

Already, Sonnyness has caused an effect on the weather, increasing the snowstorm that has trapped Michael and Nelle together in the cabin. Now Carson will not have sexytimes, but instead potential incest can occur if Michael and Nelle are brother and sister somehow and they do what comes naturally.

Sonny ruins everything.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Already, Sonnyness has caused an effect on the weather, increasing the snowstorm that has trapped Michael and Nelle together in the cabin. Now Carson will not have sexytimes, but instead potential incest can occur if Michael and Nelle are brother and sister somehow and they do what comes naturally.

Remember what show you're watching! If they are brother and sister, we'll get a repeat of Brit and Nathan -- they'll almost do it, decide not to for some reason, find out the next day that they're related, then look at each other and say "Whew!" No need to try something original when you can just pull out a script from the past. 

/sarcasm

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought it was funny when Tracy trashed Oliva about her having 2 babies with 2 diferent men. Um, doesn't Tracy have 2 different babies with 2 different men? One is Ned Ashton & the other Paul Hornsby. How is it that no one questioned or said anything to Tracy about her baby Daddy's?

I think Tracy believes that since she was married to both of her son's father's at the time they were born, it puts her leaps and bounds above Olivia, who was never married to either father.  Tracy has always been a snob.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, I like Ned and Olivia okay, and it's always great to see Tracy, but trying to drum up drama tied to the Ned/Olivia relationship given the crumbs of air time it's been given - and during sweeps, no less - is so dumb.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Wait, so Anna is actually, legitimately sick?  I thought for sure her symptoms were Valentin or Olivia J. related, that she was being poisoned or something.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, so Anna is actually, legitimately sick?  I thought for sure her symptoms were Valentin or Olivia J. related, that she was being poisoned or something.

Me too. And honestly I wish they were. I know it's kind of a staple for soaps, but I really don't wanna watch an "Anna has cancer" story right now. Like I wanna just escape the real shitty stuff in life these days and especially on this soap.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, so Anna is actually, legitimately sick?  I thought for sure her symptoms were Valentin or Olivia J. related, that she was being poisoned or something.

With the sponsorship from the pharmaceutical company, they may have written it in without curveballs. I was waiting for Val/Liv to be the impedance.

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't watched in ages but my husband has PV so I watched the parts with Anna to see if they got it right. (They mostly did.) When I saw the little PSA at the end with the drug company logo, I cringed and thought, "Ohhhh, so that's why."  

My guess is that she will soon go on as if nothing ever happened, like most soap disease storylines. If only it were so easy for my hubby.

Quote

Me too. And honestly I wish they were. I know it's kind of a staple for soaps, but I really don't wanna watch an "Anna has cancer" story right now. Like I wanna just escape the real shitty stuff in life these days and especially on this soap.

It's not the same thing as a traditional cancer, which they attempted to explain a little. It's more of a chronic, long-term disease that is classified as a cancer due to the way the bone marrow is overproducing cells. There is no radiation or chemo but it is deadly if left untreated (strokes, clots, heart attacks). With proper treatment, most live a normal life span now. They do have chronic issues though like extreme fatigue, bone pain, anemia, etc. A small percentage progress to leukemia over the long term.  But in general, you just go on living your life. I'll be surprised if it is ever mentioned much again.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, a pharmaceutical company is sponsoring the story?

When Finola did the PSA at the end of the show, they flashed the Incyte logo. They are a manufacturer of a drug given to some PV patients.

Edited by AheadofStraight
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oooh, I dunno about that.

It just seems weird to insert this story here, now, separate from the feud with Valentin and any kind of targeting she might be under from Olivia J.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

To have a drug company "sponsor" that PSA crap was weird and worrisome to me. Giving Shriner's hospitals some well deserved attention is one thing. Doing this crap just feels weird. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oooh, I dunno about that.

It just seems weird to insert this story here, now, separate from the feud with Valentin and any kind of targeting she might be under from Olivia J.

Especially because now we have the subplot of Valentin being the one to find Anna and bring her to GH and worry over her. Is that for nothing except to bother Nina?

Share this post


Link to post

Cue Robin making a mysterious phone call.  "I know we haven't talked in a long time, but my mother needs you.  And Port Charles isn't that far from Pine Valley..."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Cue Robin making a mysterious phone call.  "I know we haven't talked in a long time, but my mother needs you.  And Port Charles isn't that far from Pine Valley..."

And then I throw my remote into the ocean.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I just watched the Anna/Robin scenes from yesterday and they are quite lovely, I was annoyed when Dr. Michael Easton sauntered in.  Did I miss an explanation as to why he - an infectious disease specialist - is on this case?

Also, despite my earlier complaints about the stupidity of wringing non-drama from Ned and Olivia's relationship at this point, Jane Elliot was quite wonderful in that scene as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And then I throw my remote into the ocean.

The Pennsylvania one?

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, despite my earlier complaints about the stupidity of wringing non-drama from Ned and Olivia's relationship at this point, Jane Elliot was quite wonderful in that scene as well.

JE is gonna leave a hole as big as fat, fat AJ's when/if* she leaves. 

*saying if because there has been nothing official, but there have been strong rumors and it kinda does feel like she's leaving.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was annoyed when Dr. Michael Easton sauntered in.  Did I miss an explanation as to why he - an infectious disease specialist - is on this case?

The nurses are on a sick out, therefore the doctors are doing double duty, therefore an infection disease specialist is helping the neurologist.  

Yeah, that's all I got.  

Plus, we need to see the eleventy seven times that Finn shakes, drops something, looks like he'll pass out and/or take another pill from the supposedly empty pill bottle.  You don't want to miss it.  It's pretty riveting.

Edited by Perkie
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

This show is so bad at showing familial bonds, that Dante sat down with Ned and I though, "How do these two know each other again?".  Took me a minute to remember that one is dating the other's mother.  Eeesh.  Or maybe I just have a bad memory!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

On 2/20/2017 at 0:44 PM, rur said:

And what 40-ish woman says "I can't" to a marriage proposal and runs from the room? Olivia ain't 20-something, writers, and having her react like one just add to show's daily suck.

Olivia has a horrible walk and running from the room made me LMAO!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

This show is so bad at showing familial bonds, that Dante sat down with Ned and I though, "How do these two know each other again?".  Took me a minute to remember that one is dating the other's mother.  Eeesh.  Or maybe I just have a bad memory!!

All the show needs is writers that know the actually connections and get rid of some of FV's pets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Seriously, though, what if Dillon decides to propose to Kiki? Would she miss out on Lila's ring just because she got engaged to one of Tracy's sons later?

Hey, you snooze, you lose.

7 hours ago, stlbf said:

I would think that it would be a safe assumption that Brook-Lyn would be the heir to Lila's jewelry.

Usually/often an engagement ring is passed down in the male line.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've always kinda wanted Lucas and Julian to have a discussion about Cheryl.  But Julian writing about "his mom" in a letter we'll never hear a word of as part of Julian's plot point forgiveness/walking to the gallows tour is not what I had in mind.

Ned going on and on about being unworthy of Olivia was gross.

Michael and Nelle are anti-sex.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Can we take half of Curtis and Jordan's screen time and devote it to Ned and Olivia? I find them so much more likeable. Curtis and Jordan's foreplay disguised as bickering has gotten stale.

When Robin mentioned Olivia Jerome and how awful she was, you could see the gears in Sonny's brain slowly moving. You can figure this out Sonny, I believe in you! Well, I believe you'll present this information to Jason and he'll do the heavy lifting.

Ah, a pregnant woman in peril. It's been a while since that happened, so sorry, Sam, your number's up.

They shoved Michael and Nelle into one of the most contrived romantic situations, and I still feel zero heat between them.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously, though, what if Dillon decides to propose to Kiki? Would she miss out on Lila's ring just because she got engaged to one of Tracy's sons later?

But this isn't the first time Ned's gotten married, so had he used Lilas' ring before?  Is he recycling now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size