Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I guess Jason and Sam are too good to hang out with the other parents. Those two really have NOTHING to say to each other on their beautiful family day, do they?

The only thing they talk about is the danger in their lives. 

"Oh, isn't this perfect--being normal.  Look at Danny having a good time.  We're such a happy fahhhhh-mily."

"But it could all change in a second."

"You're right--let's talk about Shiloh and the giant mess that my scheme made of everything."

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

I guess Jason and Sam are too good to hang out with the other parents. Those two really have NOTHING to say to each other on their beautiful family day, do they? They hem and haw for two seconds and then just start talking about Shiloh/Drew/Franco again. 

Please please please let this Peter bullshit end with Robert leading him away to Steinmow while Maxi looks on in absurd astonishment.

Maxie's other evil boyfriend was also Peter (Levi's birth name). Maybe she should just avoid the name Peter in general. Hopefully she doesn't encounter a cop named Peter, who would probably turn evil and then die on the spot when he met her.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The only thing they talk about is the danger in their lives. 

"Oh, isn't this perfect--being normal.  Look at Danny having a good time.  We're such a happy fahhhhh-mily."

"But it could all change in a second."

"You're right--let's talk about Shiloh and the giant mess that my scheme made of everything."

How Do You Know You're In A Bad Relationship?

Answer: when if there's no threat of danger, you have nothing to talk about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Ava is such a freaking annoying self-pitying whiner.

Her soliloquies leave more to be desired but her scenes with Franco yesterday displayed some of the best acting that this show has seen since JE left the building.  ymmv.

Please please please let this Peter bullshit end with Robert leading him away to Steinmow while Maxi looks on in absurd astonishment.

That's pretty much all that Maxi is good for these days.  She is nearing the finish line of using up all of the good will afforded to her for dealing with Spinelli for a couple of years.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh.  No.  I.  Missed.  Kiki.  Day.  So.  Sad.

#sarcasmfilter

It went like this:

Ava'  I need your forgiveness

Kiki:  You were a terrible mother

Ava:  I need closure

Kiki:  You killed Connie and destroyed Morgan and set up Griffin with a drugged Sasha

Ava:  So, you're not going to forgive me and give me closure?

Kiki:  I'M DEAD MOTHER (disapears)

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Kiki:  You killed Connie and destroyed Morgan and set up Griffin with a drugged Sasha

Me: And you, Keeks, kissed and flashed your boobs at your presumed cousin, took up with your husband's brother the second you dumped him, slept with your mom's boyfriend, and drugged a man who was taking care of a baby and called it "Operation Alcoholic".  You're no f-ing saint.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Me: And you, Keeks, kissed and flashed your boobs at your presumed cousin, took up with your husband's brother the second you dumped him, slept with your mom's boyfriend, and drugged a man who was taking care of a baby and called it "Operation Alcoholic".  You're no f-ing saint.

Sure, but Ava is the one who got into contact with her first and started demanding for things. She's doing the thing that started this in the first place, going to someone who would tell her what she wants to hear. Maybe she should volunteer somewhere or try yoga before asks murdered people to help her out. (Aaand look at the sentence i just wrote, heh.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sure, but Ava is the one who got into contact with her first and started demanding for things. She's doing the thing that started this in the first place, going to someone who would tell her what she wants to hear. Maybe she should volunteer somewhere or try yoga before asks murdered people to help her out. (Aaand look at the sentence i just wrote, heh.)

And you know this is not a ghost but just Ava's own demon sand guilty conscience over what she did prior to Kiki's death.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

And you know this is not a ghost but just Ava's own demon sand guilty conscience over what she did prior to Kiki's death.

Since the psychic was channeling her I think it's supposed to murky. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Kiki was truly Ava's daughter.

• Love 3

I have the feeling I'm supposed to be worried about Sasha but I have zero anxiety or interest about what will happen to Sasha and that's a fault of the writing as well as the null chemistry.  It's moved so slowly that it feels like it ess a couple of months ago that Cassandra injected the virus and then disappeared. We still don't know why she did it, there's been no connection to anything else in the show such as Jax having her file, and nothing about Sasha's maternity other than a brief line asking if it was a punishment.

Meanwhile they left with a Drew memory cliffhanger with Andre and possibly Liesl working on a cure, Shiloh isn't dead yet and now he may team up with Nelle, there's Ava and her psychic, and Julian and Kim leaving, and Carly's baby and wedding vow renewal, and annoying Dev. And I wouldn't mind another scene with Alexis and Neil.

Unless they're going to do something soon with Cassandra, it should have been left for a later date.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's moved so slowly that it feels like it ess a couple of months ago that Cassandra injected the virus and then disappeared. We still don't know why she did it, there's been no connection to anything else in the show such as Jax having her file, and nothing about Sasha's maternity other than a brief line asking if it was a punishment.

I assume that Cassandra poisoned Sasha as payback to Nina for injecting her with the drug that almost killed her. She got awfully interested in Michael and Sasha once she found out that Nina was her mother.

• Love 2

The show loves to do this sort of thing: Drop some fairly big plot point and then ignore it for weeks. It doesn't keep people interested; if anything, the lag time between followups is so long everyone forgets what the deal is. It's just a way to drag out stories. The writers are so lazy. It's really aggravating and insulting.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I assume that Cassandra poisoned Sasha as payback to Nina for injecting her with the drug that almost killed her. She got awfully interested in Michael and Sasha once she found out that Nina was her mother.

That's the only way to handle it, create theories about what the show means.

But if there ever was a type of TV show where it shouldn't be neccessary, it's a show that has to fill 47 minutes of programming 5 days a week. There is more than enough screentime to do it. Instead of Mike and his delusional wedding and handwringing over Dante, fill in the blanks so that the Cassandra story is set to launch.

Personally I think that any Peter and Maxie scene at this point is pure unnecessary filler.

• Love 4

I agree about the pacing on the Cassandra story.  She should at least be sending Nina the selfie she took with Mikey and Sasha.  How is it sweet revenge if your victim doesn't know you're responsible?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Does this mean you've skipped all/most of the Anna and Finn scenes of "falling/being in love"?

You had to remind me. I wish I had skipped them.

But I still feel that Peter/Maxie is worse. WR sends off a sleaze factor even when Peter is supposed to be a good guy.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 5:45 PM, ulkis said:

Ava fans might want to skip my post.

Ava is such a freaking annoying self-pitying whiner. I have no idea what the writers are trying to do with her. Maybe she and Peter will hook up after Maxie dumps him.

In general this was a snooze of an episode.

GROSS.

• Love 1

2 things. 

First, Carly was absolutely right about Joss and I'm annoyed as shit that Jax was being a dumbass.  Sure, lets teach the 16 year old that if life is too hard, you can just run away, that will fix it!  I don't like agreeing with Carly, especially against Jax.  It makes my skin crawl, thanks assholes.

Second, I have no problem believing that Franco can totally be forced into getting a procedure.  These same people ganged up on Ryan and got his kidney, I have faith in my duplicitous medical friends.  Kim can drug him, someone can forge permission, they can get a room and do this shit.  I don't feel any sense of urgency or doubt.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ouinason said:

Second, I have no problem believing that Franco can totally be forced into getting a procedure.  These same people ganged up on Ryan and got his kidney, I have faith in my duplicitous medical friends.  Kim can drug him, someone can forge permission, they can get a room and do this shit.  I don't feel any sense of urgency or doubt.  

I don't think it would even take much. I mean, how hard would it be to have him declare mentally incompetent? It wouldn't be hard considering he thinks he is someone else. That's a good indicator of mental instability. It would be Elizabeth's call regarding medical procedures once he is declared mentally incompetent.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ouinason said:

2 things. 

First, Carly was absolutely right about Joss and I'm annoyed as shit that Jax was being a dumbass.  Sure, lets teach the 16 year old that if life is too hard, you can just run away, that will fix it!  I don't like agreeing with Carly, especially against Jax.  It makes my skin crawl, thanks assholes.

Oddly enough, that's how IR raises his own kids. His kids don't go to school. He and his wife & 2 boys are always hopping around. Right now, they're back in Hawaii. It's a different life but I guess some parents don't think a traditional school is right for their kids. I'm guessing they're home schooled but he doesn't really go in to much detail about that part on his social media. It's always fun, fun, fun stuff. I'm assuming GH is dark for a few weeks for Labor Day and that is why he's back in Hawaii. Nice life.

Avery is so cute and was, by far, the best thing about Sonny and Carly's gazillionth wedding.  My favorite part was when Carly called herself Caroline and Sonny Michael, Avery interjected and asked, "Who are these people?" It was so adorable.

• Love 3

I’m not sure what Diane wants Alexis to do with Neil. She’s already told him she cares about him and he wasn’t interested pursing a personal relationship because of their previous dr/pt relationship. Obviously, he’s going to change his mind but i don’t get what else she expects her to do in the meantime. Keep approaching him and ask him to reconsider? Also, I thought the woman looking into Alexis was going to be Keifer’s mom but she looks way too young. A sister maybe?

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5
On 8/24/2019 at 11:48 PM, statsgirl said:

It's moved so slowly that it feels like it ess a couple of months ago that Cassandra injected the virus and then disappeared. We still don't know why she did it,

Unless they're going to do something soon with Cassandra, it should have been left for a later date.

So much this. I feel like the writers just read your post and realized they needed to start addressing the Cassandra poisons Sasha plot line in the show today. Today when nuNina said Sasha's been sick more than 48 hours, I was thinking, yeah how many weeks has this been going on now?  But I rolled my eyes that Cassandra sent the pic just after Sasha took the medicine and Finn speculated about deliberate food contamination. 

The Alexis and Diane scenes were fun/ny especially in the park, and Willow and Chase are so sweet and adorable and attractive. Willow looked as gorgeous today in a summer dress as she did at the Nurse's Ball. 

In contrast, there's the Casa Corinthos home of dysfunction. The best part was LA as Kristina looked prettier, happier and more energized than she has in a long time, Josslyn looked quite pretty, and Avery looked adorable. I skipped most of it, just had a WTF, seriously?! reaction to Sam asking Sonny if he was nervous and felt bad for little Avery about marching stone-faced down the "aisle" tossing petals as fast as her little legs could go. Was she reacting to Step-Grandma Bobbie's fugly dress? If so, I feel ya kid. 

• Love 8

That was a rather pathetic celebration.  Everyone Sonny and Carly love are apparently limited to her mother, his forgetting father, their 4 children, 2 friends and tag along Dev. Yeah, that sounds about right. They didn't even invite Diane who was on the show anyway.

34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I thought the woman looking into Alexis was going to be Keifer’s mom but she looks way too young. A sister maybe?

Going after Alexis because of Keifer is more interesting than going after her because of Neil, but the case is open knowledge. Why now?

Also, Shut Up Diane. Just because you found great sex with a monster doesn't mean Alexis should stalk a man who rejected her twice.

• Love 4

Found it ironic, but not surprising that Jason remained with Sonny and Carly after everything was over. Personally, I was wondering why they just didn't have a three-fer and let him make some vows, too, since he clearly preferred them to his own kids.

I also wish he hadn't worn unpolished boots if he was going to sit the way he did. 

• Love 9

Top 5 worst parts of today's "Sonny and Carly are equally awful and inevitable, so deal with it" vow renewal:

1) Ugly floral dresses galore. Everyone save Bobbie would have been fine individually, but as a group it was an eyesore.

2) The super lame "Oh no, where's Joss?" fakeout. That living room was dripping in flowers and yet she had to run out for a bouquet, riiiight.

3) That big-ass cake. Eleven people at this ceremony and they've got a cake that feeds at least fifty.

4) "I love you both, so much." Shut up, Sam, until you can find friends or interests that aren't just copies of Jason's.

5) "Aim for Sam." Listen, Kristina, you may pride yourself on being the leading JaSam pusher, but Carly really does not need any assistance in that department, okay? Relax and mind your own business.

In contrast, Chase and Willow accomplished ten times as much love and romance with something as simple as an honest conversation. No grand gesture required, just two people genuinely into each other, and it worked beautifully. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Linny said:

Everyone save Bobbie would have been fine individually, but as a group it was an eyesore.

Agree.  I liked all the dresses but together it was too much.  Sam looked really pretty too in something other than black.  I must just be in a great mood because I even thought her little wink to Jason was cute.

Sweet Jesus Bobbie can't even move her damn face anymore.  What did that woman do to herself, she was beautiful.

Little Avery was so sweet!  Best part for me by far.

I continue to love Chase and Willow together.  Just a very normal, functional relationship.  I didn't know GH writers had it in them!

Diane and Alexis were funny in the park.  Although the renewing of vows premise was stupid I thought it was a solid episode.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

4) "I love you both, so much." Shut up, Sam, until you can find friends or interests that aren't just copies of Jason's.

Sam and Carson together are awful.  This reminded me of the scenes 2 weeks ago.  I just do not buy their friendship.  At all.  The acting is also so stiff and off.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

Have Sonny and Carly ever had a big wedding with a lot of the cast? I know they have with other people but I think their weddings guests have pretty much just been some variation of their kids, Jason and Bobbie. Which makes sense to me because I can’t see who else would want to celebrate them but if they are really supposed to be the show’s “main” couple, you’d think the show would spring more for them. I don’t even think the vow renewal was part of the the show’s promo for this week

• LOL 2
Just now, ffwbe said:

Have Sonny and Carly ever had a big wedding with a lot of the cast? I know they have with other people but I think their weddings guests have pretty much just been some variation of their kids, Jason and Bobbie. Which makes sense to me because I can’t see who else would want to celebrate them but if they are really supposed to be the show’s “main” couple, you’d think the show would spring more for them. I don’t even think the vow renewal was part of the the show’s promo for this week

It wasn't because it was pointless filler for whatever.

The salaries of the loathesome foursome make it difficult for FV to actually get anymore guests. They cost a fortune.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Also, I thought the woman looking into Alexis was going to be Keifer’s mom but she looks way too young. A sister maybe?

Likely a sister who has decided now, 9 years later, to avenge her idiot brother's death.  Because we haven't seen that story before.  

51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Everyone Sonny and Carly love are apparently limited to her mother, his forgetting father, their 4 children, 2 friends and tag along Dev.

Where was Lulu, daughter in law and mother to his grandchild and Carly's cousin?  Where was brother Lucas.  Or Olivia.  Not that I wanted more emphasis on the renewal nonsense but some missing people were glaring.  

43 minutes ago, Linny said:

The super lame "Oh no, where's Joss?" fakeout. That living room was dripping in flowers and yet she had to run out for a bouquet, riiiight.

This.  If they had said the florist dropped off the flowers and forgot the bouquet, so Joss had to get it, would have made more sense.  And what was the point of the nine seconds of drama.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That was a rather pathetic celebration.  Everyone Sonny and Carly love are apparently limited to her mother, his forgetting father, their 4 children, 2 friends and tag along Dev. Yeah, that sounds about right.

Was there any mention of regretting that Lulu didn't want Rocco to come because he would be missing Dante, or that Morgan would have been so happy about this, or that Laura was invited but couldn't attend?  Just wondering because we're repeatedly been reminded that Laura and Sonny have known each/been friends a long time, and Laura and Carly are family via Laura's daughter/Carly's cousin Lulu as well as Rocco regardless of the Lante divorce.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Where was Lulu, daughter in law and mother to his grandchild and Carly's cousin?  Where was brother Lucas.  Or Olivia.  Not that I wanted more emphasis on the renewal nonsense but some missing people were glaring.  

Olivia I don't think was glaring. Poor Molly, though. Lulu I'm just thankful was not there 

9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Oddly enough, that's how IR raises his own kids. His kids don't go to school. He and his wife & 2 boys are always hopping around. Right now, they're back in Hawaii. It's a different life but I guess some parents don't think a traditional school is right for their kids. I'm guessing they're home schooled but he doesn't really go in to much detail about that part on his social media. It's always fun, fun, fun stuff. I'm assuming GH is dark for a few weeks for Labor Day and that is why he's back in Hawaii. Nice life.

My problem isn't the traveling and home schooling on their own merits, it's the why of it.  It's the running away from the hard parts of life, which is what Jax was encouraging, and Sonny too.  You know what kind of kids have those kind of permissive, stupid, parents?  Spencer Cassidine and that Affluenza kid.  

• Love 7

As Sonny was waiting for Carly to walk down the aisle, he looked like a serial killer waiting for his next prey

Willow and Chase continue to be delightful, in contrast to Nina/Valentin, Finna/Anna, Maxie/Peter, JaSam, CarSon , and Sasha/Michael.  That's a pretty bad ratio for a soap opera (I'd put Laura/Kevin, Kim/Julian and the barely visible Felicia/Mac on the plus side. Jordan/Curtis and Friz are acquired tastes and I fear the Who's will break up by Christmas.)

42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Was there any mention of regretting that Lulu didn't want Rocco to come because he would be missing Dante, or that Morgan would have been so happy about this, or that Laura was invited but couldn't attend?  Just wondering because we're repeatedly been reminded that Laura and Sonny have known each/been friends a long time, and Laura and Carly are family via Laura's daughter/Carly's cousin Lulu as well as Rocco regardless of the Lante divorce.

GF and ER are probably under contract so they wouldn't need to put out more money.  Lulu should have taken Rocco to his grandfather's celebration.

And who was looking after Danny and Scout? I hope they at least got some of that huge cake.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Mo's blinking is very distracting. That's all I got to say about today. 

Did you see the picture of him in the spoiler thread? His eyes looked odd there too.

I always feel sad when I see Bobbie now. She’s so weird looking and has lost her ability to act. If you get a chance to view some old episodes of GH, you’ll know what I mean. 

• Love 4