Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I'm trying to recall if I've ever enjoyed any "renewal of vows" on a soap, ever. It's what soap writers resort to when there's no couple on the canvas appropriate to actually get married, but they think viewers are panting to see someone, anyone, go through the motions of a wedding.

But there is a wedding coming up. Nina and Valentin are still getting married in September (provided Sasha doesn't keel over and croak I guess). So this vow renewal or whatever you want to call it on top of Mike/Yvonne's wedding makes even less sense. Fewer weddings, fewer babies, more consensual protected sex please.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I seem to recall Carly picked the name Josslyn because it was an approximation of a female form or Jason.  So she's had two children named after that robot and he named her other kid. 

Where is the vomit icon when I need it? Carly's relationship with Jason really is dysfunctional, made worse by the fact the she keeps marrying other men while Jason is her #1.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I actually am enjoying the Franco-as-Drew stuff, but that was a busy episode Friday. Way too many characters and settings. Elizabeth/Cameron, Sonny/Carly/Sam, Josslyn/Dev, Franco/Jason, Hayden/Finn, Monica/Drew, and oh, just for the hell of it, here's some Willow/Chase. Not only that, but they were talking about every story that's going on right now. We were getting Sasha flu updates, "Can Willow handle being in a relationship with a cop?" and a recap of Mike/Yvonne, besides the flash-drive news that was the main story. They kept cutting to another location, we'd hear two lines, and then off to someone else. Frenetic. 

It make me miss the Guiding Light model where they would do only 3 plots a day and alternate days having 3 different plots the next day, then going back to the first three on the third day.

11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
14 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I seem to recall Carly picked the name Josslyn because it was an approximation of a female form or Jason.  So she's had two children named after that robot and he named her other kid. 

Where is the vomit icon when I need it? Carly's relationship with Jason really is dysfunctional, made worse by the fact the she keeps marrying other men while Jason is her #1.

OK, I went and looked on YT and I'm only sort of correct: apparently she was dragging her feet on a name (me: because Jax had no say in it, I guess) and Michael thought for sure she wanted to name the kid Jason.  She got kind of pissy and said, no, she didn't--and then came up with Josslyn.  Michael's retort was "you like that because I bet you're going to call her Jase."  Then the John was for Jax's father.  

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Haven't Sonny and Carly already renewed their vows, like, 3 times already? Since every major reveal has to happen during a celebration, I’m guessing this will be when Finn finds out he’s a dad/ Nickolas comes home. Any other possibles?

Baby Wiley reveal? We know Michael and Lucas will be there

Sam to Alexis:  So you're okay that Julian is willing to turn his life around for Kim when he wasn't willing to do it for you?

Me to Sam:  You bitch. Way to hurt your mother and turn the knife.  And Julian left the mob for Alexis.

It was a nice thought, Hayden, but there is nothing in that collection of sugar and white flour that is the slightest bit healthy.

If the WSB is still only using medication and psychotherapy, no wonder they screw up so much. Get some cutting edge techniques, guys

Kin played today's scenes just right without all the bombast I usually see from Scott.  And my appreciation to whoever dressed him. Very snazzy.

Shouldn't "Drew" have remembered living with Betsy?  Franco blocked out and remembered the abuse. Drew was the same age as Franco so he should have had some memories of Betsy and Franco.

Helena!!!! You make everything better, especially a scene with SBu.

Reason # 783828 to hate SBu:  he refuses to play FlashbackDrew as anything other than Jason. RoHo might not get it right but at least he's trying.

What idiot at PCPD thought it was a good idea to put FrancenDrew in the same cell area?

And to bookend, Sam: If you had to choose between Franco's past and Drew's past, wouldn't you choose Drew's past? Maybe Franco is better off being Drew.

Me to Sam:  BITCH. What about Scott, Liz and her kids? What about Franco's free will to make his own choices?

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And to bookend, Sam: If you had to choose between Franco's past and Drew's past, wouldn't you choose Drew's past? Maybe Franco is better off being Drew.

Me to Sam:  BITCH. What about Scott, Liz and her kids? What about Franco's free will to make his own choices?

They'll be fine. Liz's hair already looked amazing day 1 without Franco lol.

I can't blame Sam for not caring about Franco's free will.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

Sam doesn’t want her kids around Julian because he held Danny’s bone marrow hostage? Somehow she had no problem with Julian being around Danny for years when he and Alexis were together and even in between. I don’t remember her cutting off contact until the knife incident.

She might as well just admit that she doesn’t want anything to do with Julian because she’s loyal to Jason and Sonny. Plus she can’t really treat Julian getting out of the mob as a redemption when she doesn’t see anything wrong with what Jason does. It was a little different a couple years ago because Drew/Jason was getting out for Sam and his kids’ safety but she doesn’t really have a leg to stand on anymore.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Sam doesn’t want her kids around Julian because he held Danny’s bone marrow hostage? 

The way Sam treats Julian, he didn’t have much choice. She’s such an asshole to Julian. I hate her hypocrisy.

• Love 12

I was at the doctor's today and saw an episode for the first time in ages.

Jeez. Who the hell ARE these people?! I must have recognized only three of them.

What happened to cute Jason from the early-mid 90's? Steve Burton has aged HORRIBLY.

• LOL 1

Where are they going with bringing up Kristina’s pledge again? She already admitted that she lied and Alexis already confessed to the hit and run so I’m not sure what is left there

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I've never really been much of a Sam fan but lately I just flat out hate her. If it's possible, I think she out-hypocrites Carly.

Once they put her back with Jason, I turned any like I had of her in.  She's really at her worst when she is with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Once they put her back with Jason, I turned any like I had of her in.  She's really at her worst when she is with him.

This. If I strain my brain I can think of a few times she was tolerable, but yes, since she's with Jason again, she's a limp version of the character she was supposed to be. There is no life to her at all, she really has no purpose.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

No wonder KM pulled out everything she could to keep Sam from getting paired with Jason again. Between needing to constantly be saved, ditching her kids to kiss his butt and turning into a total hypocrite, there is nothing good about Sam any more.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I can't blame Sam for not caring about Franco's free will.

That's the thing about the loathsome Corinthos foursome, there is no redemption for anyone other than them.

23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Where are they going with bringing up Kristina’s pledge again? She already admitted that she lied and Alexis already confessed to the hit and run so I’m not sure what is left there

Plus it doesn't benefit Shiloh at all to release the information. When he alone had it, maybe he could have parlayed it into something. Now it's just out there and doesn't benefit him at all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

Sam doesn’t want her kids around Julian because he held Danny’s bone marrow hostage? 

The way Sam treats Julian, he didn’t have much choice. She’s such an asshole to Julian. I hate her hypocrisy.

Yeah, she seems to forget the reason he "held his bone marrow hostage" was because Sonny was GOING TO KILL HIM had he banked it for Danny.  So Sam is fine that her pal Sonny was going to put a bullet in Julian, but not that he didn't want to die.  OK, Mumbles.

• Love 17
14 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

This. If I strain my brain I can think of a few times she was tolerable, but yes, since she's with Jason again, she's a limp version of the character she was supposed to be. There is no life to her at all, she really has no purpose.

When Sam’s with Jason, they struggle to write her as having a life outside of him and his issues. Her being a sidekick worked better when they first got together because she didn’t have any friends or family onscreen at that time. But it really doesn’t work now that she has kids, parents, and siblings in town.

I’m just thinking back to a couple months ago when she was talking about how much she enjoyed being at the safe house or on the run? with Jason at the same time we saw Drew with Scout and Alexis leaving to go to Danny’s swim meet. For me, her character isn’t working right now because they’re ignoring 15 years of character growth and experiences to make this couple work

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Read more  

Yeah, she seems to forget the reason he "held his bone marrow hostage" was because Sonny was GOING TO KILL HIM had he banked it for Danny.  So Sam is fine that her pal Sonny was going to put a bullet in Julian, but not that he didn't want to die.  OK, Mumbles.

Julian NEVER threatened to withhold his bone marrow from Danny.  He correctly pointed out to Sonny that freezing his bone marrow was an experimental procedure and it may not be viable if Danny were to need it in the future.  Julian told Sonny that if he were to die and Danny had a recurrence of cancer, the boy could die and Sonny would be to blame.  But in Sam's mind Julian should have agreed to be murdered by Sonny. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Julian NEVER threatened to withhold his bone marrow from Danny.  He correctly pointed out to Sonny that freezing his bone marrow was an experimental procedure and it may not be viable if Danny were to need it in the future.  Julian told Sonny that if he were to die and Danny had a recurrence of cancer, the boy could die and Sonny would be to blame.  But in Sam's mind Julian should have agreed to be murdered by Sonny. 

Julian did initially refuse to bank his marrow because Sonny would kill him but he agreed to do it a year later when Danny had a cancer scare. It’s a moot point anyway since Drew (and Jason I’m assuming) are perfect matches

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Remember when Sam was barely tolerant of Sonny and shot and left him in the pit to die?

Good times. I wish we could go back to that.

• Love 17

I had to laugh when Jordan sneered that Shiloh better say goodbye to the person he's talking to because he'll be in Pentonville. Has she learned nothing? That basically means the person gets off.

Of course he lands in the cell directly opposite from Frew. (What is his portmanteau?)

It was really gratifying to see Shiloh beat up someone with Jason's face.

Add me to those who are puzzled why Kristina's pledge is coming back up. I'm sure they'll find some sort of dumb loophole to get Alexis in trouble.

Shut up, Sam. 

Every time I see Olivia with Robert, I think of LiLoC squeeing internally that she gets to work with TR. Hee.

"I told Dante it would take time. I should have something different." So says Sonny Corinthos, mental health professional. Spare me the hair shirt. And stop making it about you.

Every time Sonny says "my son," it makes me think he's forgotten Dante's name.

5 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Calling it now: the mystery man is Nicholas Cassidine.  😛

The one working with Helena? That seems unlikely. He never wanted to be a part of her schemes. But who knows with these writers. I'm surprised they haven't shoehorned Cassandra Pierce into this story, but there's still time.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The one working with Helena? That seems unlikely. He never wanted to be a part of her schemes. But who knows with these writers. I'm surprised they haven't shoehorned Cassandra Pierce into this story, but there's still time.

I think Jerry Jacks is more likely than Nikolas but they did do the whole “bad Cassadine” SL with him during the end of his last run so they could probably make it work

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Lisa LoCicero going from the devastating news over Dante and being an emotional wreck to skipping and giggling into Charlie's makes me wonder if she thought those scenes would be reversed when she initially filmed them. Benefit of the doubt. Because that was a quick recovery.

How big of Jason to half assed mumble out, Elizabeth probably won't see it Sam's way that her husband and the stepfather her kids adore should vaporize forever. Real talk, I always hated Franco and I hope he is gone forever, and this story is SO STUPID, but I'll take Frew/Dranco over Franco any day. Still in the soap world the brain tumor excuse is, *sighs* legit so Sam and Jason high grounding over anything ever is RICH. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Remember when Sam was barely tolerant of Sonny and shot and left him in the pit to die? 

Good times. I wish we could go back to that.

Too bad she was cured of GivingBirthThruYourJeans Disease.

I really wished Julian had grabbed that cup of tea from her and said "ya know what?  You're right--we don't have a relationship.  So please get your ass out of my bar and don't bother coming back." 

• Love 6

I didn't see today, but I read that Lulu's not contesting the divorce.  Is that true?  Didn't I just complain we just see scenes of her swearing to fight the divorce?  Did I miss when she flip flopped?

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't see today, but I read that Lulu's not contesting the divorce.  Is that true?  Didn't I just complain we just see scenes of her swearing to fight the divorce?  Did I miss when she flip flopped?

LOL, it was weird.  She told Sonny and Olivia that she wasn't going to agree to the divorce, but she wasn't going to fight it, hence it would take effect 20 days after she was served.  I guess in her mind this is her not giving up but just doing what she thought Dante wanted?  IDK, Girl Reporter is a mystery to me.

Random shallow thoughts:

Lucas looks real good in black scribes.

Becky Herbst is very pretty and does not age.

Jason's love of spandex tops is ridiculous.

Peter looks better with a baseball cap.

I hate Hayden 's hair.

Helena is wicked but still gorgeous.

PLC

I don't blame LLC for smacking on Tristan.

Why can't wardrobe find some fashion forward outfits for Maxie? Isn't she a fashionista? 

I miss Billy Miller already. I am sad.

• Love 5

Olivia saying she bought the bar to show Leo what his father built and so he could be proud of it has to be the stupidest thing I've heard on this show in a long while, and we just got through watching someone download a flashdrive in someone's brain. Is wanting to run a restaurant too weak of a reason for a cook to want to buy a restaurant?

9 minutes ago, paisley said:

PLC

PLC?

• Love 1
Just now, Hater said:

Drew was never overtly angry.  Annoyed?  Yes. The only one whoever said Drew had anger issues was Kim but her story changed 50 times.  And he never had an accent, so what Roger is doing is a complete fail and he sucks.  Plus apparently he recently took acting classes...I don't see anything good about this performance.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

Hey Ulkis! 

I don't know what PLC means. Once again my Kindle has jacked my post. I did type 'scrubs' not scribes. Sharing consciousness with a tablet is like a Franco/Drew situation. Please excuse me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, ciarra said:

I buy Franco/Jason as twins more than Jason/Drew.  Maybe because Jason and Franco are both douchebags?

Both also look age appropriate.  Billy looked exactly 10 years younger than Burton. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

LOL, it was weird.  She told Sonny and Olivia that she wasn't going to agree to the divorce, but she wasn't going to fight it, hence it would take effect 20 days after she was served.  I guess in her mind this is her not giving up but just doing what she thought Dante wanted?  IDK, Girl Reporter is a mystery to me.

I liked Drunk Girl Reporter better than any other iteration we've seen of late. Especially the one today where she gushed all over Sonny. I long for JMB's Lulu who barely tolerated him.

Aw, Cupcake is back! That was a very pretty little foursome with Becky, Rebecca, Donnell and Billy.

Sam is really becoming unbearable. Not that I'm a Franco fan or anything, but shut up and mind your own business.

The Afghanistan backstory (and most of this show) is boring me. Wake me up when something interesting actually happens. It's not even good enough to hate watch.

• Love 3

I need RoHo to drop the Deliverance accent stat. But other than that, I prefer Dranko to Franco any day. And honestly,  I prefer his sense of urgency to Drew's frustrating apathy when it comes to his identity.

Meanwhile,  after reading the boards I expected to see the guy flipping tables and slapping nurses - instead of slinging a shot glass at a wall when confronted with the umpteenth person telling him that he was a person he didn't know or remember. 

I do think it's funny that FV finally got RoHo playing opposite SBu as his twin brother.

• Love 2

Franco will be Franco again. Maybe he will have a bit of Drew in him at the end of this. I think the whole point of this story is for Liz's love to get him to remember and I'm sure since he's not a twin, part of Franco is peaking through Drewco and that's how they'll explain it when Liz gets her husband back.  The procedure did not fully work since it's meant for twins.

And that's exactly what Liz said today again.  She's on her mission to get him back and basically told Drew to go find the cure, which is probably how he leaves the show.

Roger is trying something diferent, but it's nothing I want to watch.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Well shit, the stupid brain story is consistent after all.  All the brain damage talk WAS from Faison about Jason being programmed.  So, the transfer would have worked, in theory.  Although, it has to backfire with Franco, because this is not sustainable.

Fuck Sam.  

ETA:  I see you show, "handsome" mystery man is Jax, isn't it?

No, really, I hope not, but this is GH and Helena would only be one of the many women drooling over him.  

Edited by ouinason
24 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I have s hard time seeing Jax as the mystery msn. Why in the world would he be involved with Helena? Ditto nikolas.

Well if it was Nikolas, he looks even worse when he saw Liz get involved with Drew and then get embarrassed at her wedding with the reveal that Drew was Jason and she knew about it. He could have saved a lot of pain by telling everyone that he wasn't Jason but Drew. Liz and Drew would have probably stayed together as thus spared me of Friz. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Too bad she was cured of GivingBirthThruYourJeans Disease.

Too bad SBu came back, because even after she was cured from the disease and apologized tearfully to Sonny, she still kept her distance and tried to build her life away from that situation.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

Olivia saying she bought the bar to show Leo what his father built

Wait, the hell?  Doesn't Olivia still own half of the MetroCourt?  Did she buy this bar with Ned's money, Ned who's functionally raising Leo?  Is Julian really leaving?

• Love 1

I seem to recall Carly picked the name Josslyn 

My memory is not great, but I seem to recall she wanted to keep with the Jax tradition of all "j" names, and Jax had nixed Jason for a boy. I think they were going with John for a boy and Carly picked Josslyn for a girl.

Well if it was Nikolas, he looks even worse when he saw Liz get involved with Drew and then get embarrassed at her wedding with the reveal that Drew was Jason and she knew about it. He could have saved a lot of pain by telling everyone that he wasn't Jason but Drew. Liz and Drew would have probably stayed together as thus spared me of Friz. 

Yeah-- I lean toward mystery bad guy being Jerry-- who is somehow involved with Cassandra which is why Jax and Rebecca Buddig are doing... something... with Valentin.

But I always enjoy Jerry-- I wouldn't even mind if he threw Sam around a few times for old times sake, given her behavior of late. 

I have to ding the writers though, for Helena's dialog: "I don't mind brutality, but yours lacks finesse" WTF?!?!  that makes no sense at all-- somebody probably thought it sounded like something a supervillain might say. Serious script fail.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

I have to ding the writers though, for Helena's dialog: "I don't mind brutality, but yours lacks finesse" WTF?!?!  that makes no sense at all-- somebody probably thought it sounded like something a supervillain might say. Serious script fail.

That was typical Helena, actually. She's not one for brute force. She prefers torture or something more along those lines. You know, something classier.

11 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

And honestly,  I prefer his sense of urgency to Drew's frustrating apathy when it comes to his identity.

Oh, that drove me absolutely bonkers. Drew showed no interest whatsoever in who he was—he just accepted whatever anyone told him. Frew is annoying in a different way, but at least he's owning his identity, even if it's not really his.

And I enjoyed him taunting Shiloh. As much as I've enjoyed Shiloh smugging his way around town, I'm also ready for him to leave for good. His value as a villain is dunzo.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ouinason said:

I see you show, "handsome" mystery man is Jax, isn't it?

No, really, I hope not, but this is GH and Helena would only be one of the many women drooling over him.  

Don't quote me on this, but according to the Twitter spoiler sources, it's 

Spoiler

Peter. Not going to make his character any more interesting, Frank. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

And I enjoyed him taunting Shiloh. 

This. It figures that the only time I've enjoyed Howarth as Franco is when he's supposed to be playing another character,  and the character is treating another character with deserved contempt. 

Aside from Franco as Drew taunting Shiloh, the only thing I enjoyed was the acknowledgement of history in Lulu and Sonny's conversation about Dante/the Lante marriage.  I was definitely surprised that Sonny referenced his history with her parents and watching her grow up. The one line from today I liked because I think it was accurate for back when JMB and DZ played the characters coming together as a couple, was "we chose each other."

Olivia sounded like an idiot today - she is aware that Dante with his mental health issues shot Peter and she is acting like they just need to bring him home and give him lots of hugs, repeatedly tell him they love him, give him her homemade lasagna and that will somehow restore him to the Dante they all know. Then she proclaims to Julian and Alexis she wants to buy the place because it's their elementary school-aged son's favorite bar and she wants it for when he grows up?! There have been quite a few scenes of baby Jonah/Wiley their with Brad, Lucas or both but has Julian or Olivia ever had a scene there that included Leo?!  The only time(s) I recall Olivia being there was for the Ned/Laura election stuff in big group scenes. 

The scene of Elizabeth and Hayden made me roll my eyes because it's just Hayden propping. The "my other sister" line makes it seem like Sarah has never been to decent to/sisterly with Elizabeth. Yeah, she thought of Sarah as a rival when they were kids but I guess the writers are forgetting that she and her three sons went to live with Sarah for several months when Aiden was a newborn, at Sarah's invitation.  It is a  That is a lot more of a commitment to being a supportive sister than staying the night and offering pastries for breakfast, geez.

ETA:  I would like to see Sonny, Jason, Shiloh and Sam fall in a deep hole and leave them there to kill each other. I have felt that way about three of them already, but Sam's love for Alexis, Kristina and Molly made her not a total waste. After the bitchy lines to Alexis and Julian yesterday (especially given her hypocrisy in loyalty to Sonny and Jason), I want to see her dropped in the hole too.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
forgot to mention
  • Love 3

As for Olivia being ridiculous in the show yesterday, I thought she was being in character for what they wrote her as:  an hysterical Italian mother protecting her son at any cost.  That is a cliche stereotype and I found it insulting but I don't want to get self-righteous on someone else's stereotype.  I don't have a dog in that fight.

Edited by Captanne