Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST!!

This is NOT Franco with Drew’s memories. Just turn the clock back 23 years. Franco is acting just like Jason when he woke up from his coma as Jason Morgan.😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄 with the same anger issues and lashing out.

And then there’s the horrific accent that tries to be some Southern Hick Slimeball that showed up when he saw Kim. Give me a fucking break.

This is supposed to be a guy, NO, a NAVY SEAL-A DECORATED SEAL who was a hero and not a rage monster asshole. And if he thinks it’s 2012, and he recognized Jason-then he would KNOW that he’s no longer Jason Quartermaine, since he apparently read up on the family. He just came off as a petulant, self-absorber dick. Howarth isn’t even trying to channel Billy Miller. And... ah fuck it. No use trying to use logic to make sense of this. The whole thing just gives me a headache.

• Love 10

I should've turned this shit off when I saw Dev but no, old habits die hard so I voluntarily exposed myself to numerous atrocities which have all mentioned above. Today's show made me want to use all the profanities I know and create some new ones. And knowing BM is leaving just makes it all worse. He keeps being so good amidst the endless B.S.. There is no discernible thought process to this flash drive story. The writers had a chance to do something if not believable at least interesting, but no, what we're getting is like some drunken party game for writers with no cohesiveness just nonstop junk.

I could bitch forever but it's a waste of time and energy. There is no hope for this.

• Love 4

Oh please. As if Sonny, Carly, Sam or Jason (or most people for that matter) wouldn't just shrug their shoulders at Franco being implanted with Drew's memories. Sucks for Liz, but oh well, so sad.

Dranco is such a jerk. Just like Franco. I can't wait until he finally believes that he is Franco and does a google search on himself and then resists even more from getting back his serial killer memories.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Linny said:

Ugh, Sam as Sonny and Carly's bestie, fucking spare me. I'm dreading this dumb vow renewal, which is basically the show saying "we don't know what to do with this couple so here's a baby AND a vow renewal because we suck at our jobs, you're welcome."

To be fair to the writers, I think Sonny and Carly, both characters and the pairing, are forced on them.

Still, this should be the reaction to a vow renewal.

Anyone on this show: Wow, uh, great. Any . . . particular reason  . . . why . . . ?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

By who!? *has a complete meltdown* 

Frank and the one person in charge at ABC who still knows that GH is airing and is just like "Fred, are Sonny and that lady still on the show! Make sure they are or this show will be shot in your garage!"

• LOL 3
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Frank and the one person in charge at ABC who still knows that GH is airing and is just like "Fred, are Sonny and that lady still on the show! Make sure they are or this show will be shot in your garage!"

That lady? They recast Carly like, 4 times! They’re obsessed with this character, girl. They know her. 🤒

• Love 1
8 hours ago, nilyank said:

Oh please. As if Sonny, Carly, Sam or Jason (or most people for that matter) wouldn't just shrug their shoulders at Franco being implanted with Drew's memories. Sucks for Liz, but oh well, so sad.

Dranco is such a jerk. Just like Franco. I can't wait until he finally believes that he is Franco and does a google search on himself and then resists even more from getting back his serial killer memories.

Totally agree. I’m actually liking the story and RHs portrayal because it’s BSC and only possible on a soap, and that’s why I watch, and I’m totally into Draco melting down when he realizes just what they want to turn him back into 😁

• Love 4
20 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

RH's portrayal of "Dranco" makes me imagine if Todd Manning (OLTL- still miss that show, dammit) had been in military school this is how he'd act. I wonder about the anger stuff, too. Throwing a shot glass at the bar? Then again, dude just got his brain kinda scrambled and like then they put a layer of melted  cheese Drew  memories over it so maybe that did something? 🤪

Sure would have been nice to see BM/Drew play out his own frikkin' backstory. Such a waste of his time on show. Still I hate to see him go.😥

So seconded!

• Love 3
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST!!

This is NOT Franco with Drew’s memories. Just turn the clock back 23 years. Franco is acting just like Jason when he woke up from his coma as Jason Morgan.😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄 with the same anger issues and lashing out.

And then there’s the horrific accent that tries to be some Southern Hick Slimeball that showed up when he saw Kim. Give me a fucking break.

This is supposed to be a guy, NO, a NAVY SEAL-A DECORATED SEAL who was a hero and not a rage monster asshole. And if he thinks it’s 2012, and he recognized Jason-then he would KNOW that he’s no longer Jason Quartermaine, since he apparently read up on the family. He just came off as a petulant, self-absorber dick. Howarth isn’t even trying to channel Billy Miller. And... ah fuck it. No use trying to use logic to make sense of this. The whole thing just gives me a headache.

It's so horrible, and made even worse by BM's departure and giving what should have been his great story to someone else to make a mish mosh of.  It's so bad, and then you add to that those two psychos getting married yet AGAIN?  I took it off my DVR after Friday's episode.  I need a break. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So, Sam, who didn't even care about pomp and circumstance for her own wedding(s), is going all apeshit with the idea of Sonny and Carly having some over the top celebration?

Brain damage from deep-freeze induced oxygen deprivation.

• LOL 4

The propping is so dumb. Sam can be happy for Sonny and Carly, but the squeeing was ridiculous. And wanting to be the first invite along with Jason was nauseating and completely unnecessary. As if Carly would do anything without Jason. She'll probably have him in the delivery room.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The propping is so dumb. Sam can be happy for Sonny and Carly, but the squeeing was ridiculous. And wanting to be the first invite along with Jason was nauseating and completely unnecessary. As if Carly would do anything without Jason. She'll probably have him in the delivery room.

I predict that this baby will be named Jason. I am still surprised that Sonny and Carly didn't name Morgan that.

41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I really hate that they made Sam and Carly friendly. I guess having Carly viewing every woman as competition doesn’t fit into their quest to make Sonny and Carly the patriarch and matriarch of the show but I’ll never buy it with their history 

• Love 12

Drew tells Monica he doesn't want to ask Franco about the lost years.  Shouldn't he at least ask if he has family* somewhere?  No one is that selfless.

*more dull children, like Oscar.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Drew tells Monica he doesn't want to ask Franco about the lost years.  Shouldn't he at least ask if he has family somewhere?  No one is that selfless.

I thought It’s been established that drew grew up in an orphanage and aged out? So there’s no family to know about other than the Qs. And Dranco already knows about them based on his conversation with Jason at the bar,

Edited by Sake614
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

no family to know about other than the Qs.

I added what I meant.  More dull children like Oscar.  There's still a gap where NavySEALDrew! could have gone out and impregnated more women before he left.

• Love 1

FranckenDrew was acting sleazy enough with Kim that I wouldn't be surprised if there was a string of women between Kim and 2012.

5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I predict that this baby will be named Jason. I am still surprised that Sonny and Carly didn't name Morgan that.

Morgan was named after Jason though. To have both the baby and her BFF have the same name would be confusing, and unlike Michael, there's no good diminutive for Jason.  Jace?

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Morgan was named after Jason though. To have both the baby and her BFF have the same name would be confusing, and unlike Michael, there's no good diminutive for Jason.  Jace?

I agree. We really only see characters getting named after someone if the character is dead or one goes by a nickname 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I added what I meant.  More dull children like Oscar.  There's still a gap where NavySEALDrew! could have gone out and impregnated more women before he left.

Dev was pretty hesitant talking about his dad with Joss. But since Drew is leaving the show, it is a moot point.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Dev was pretty hesitant talking about his dad with Joss. But since Drew is leaving the show, it is a moot point.

Well, Billy Miller is leaving, but are we sure Drew is? Frank can always recast, if just out of spite.

I’m not sure why people are so convinced Navy SEAL Drew wouldn’t hVe been a ladies man? Because he was a SEAL? So what? All that means is he has to be focused on the job. But off? He was young, not awful looking (since he looked like SBu) and There are lots of women would have thrown themselves at anything in uniform. 

Yeah Frew is laying it on pretty thick but we don’t actually know what Drew was like back then. Honestly that’s the least offensive part of this whole story to me. I’d love for Drew to have regained some of his own memories to see how BM would have played it.  But alas, as soon as SBu returned that was it for BM. And now he’s out the door. Once again, show wastes talent.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, Billy Miller is leaving, but are we sure Drew is? Frank can always recast, if just out of spite.

He recasted him with Roger. Haha.

• LOL 6

Franco's Drew is an asshole, but that doesn't mean OG Drew (such as he exists) would be one. I think it's too early to really know what sort of person OG Drew was, given that Frew at the moment is working out his anger at having a different face and people calling him a different name.

And as always, I'm on the no-more-kids train. The ones we have are boring enough (save for Cam, but that's because he has a decent story right now. I'm sure that will change soon enough.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco's Drew is an asshole, but that doesn't mean OG Drew (such as he exists) would be one. I think it's too early to really know what sort of person OG Drew was, given that Frew at the moment is working out his anger at having a different face and people calling him a different name.

And as always, I'm on the no-more-kids train. The ones we have are boring enough (save for Cam, but that's because he has a decent story right now. I'm sure that will change soon enough.)

I haven't been paying too much attention, but isn't there still supposed to be some Franco in the mix in there somewhere?  That would certainly account for the asshole-ish mouthing off.

As for the kids/teens, if they're stupidly going to insist Joss be the teen queen a la Starr, I wouldn't mind a girl in that age range as an antagonist to her we could root for.  Lila Rae, perhaps?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I haven't been paying too much attention, but isn't there still supposed to be some Franco in the mix in there somewhere?  That would certainly account for the asshole-ish mouthing off.

That's what Elizabeth is hoping (that part of Franco is still in there, not that he's an asshole, heh), and I'm sure the writers will lean into that since there's been absolutely no internal consistency or logic with the memory swap stuff.

Edited by dubbel zout
clarity
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I’m not sure why people are so convinced Navy SEAL Drew wouldn’t hVe been a ladies man? Because he was a SEAL? So what? All that means is he has to be focused on the job. But off? He was young, not awful looking (since he looked like SBu) and There are lots of women would have thrown themselves at anything in uniform. 

Yeah Frew is laying it on pretty thick but we don’t actually know what Drew was like back then.

I consider Drew one of the five decent men on the show at the moment.  (The others are Kevin, Chase, Robert and Mac. Curtis would have made it but he's too much of a mob propper.) That decency had to have been there before the memory swap otherwise he would just have been a carbon copy of Jason, whose brain damage seems to affect him only when its convenient for the plot.

Memories alone don't make who a person is. Two different people can have the same memory and react differently to it, just as two different people can see the same  movie and perceive it completely differently.  If it were just memories, Drew would be behaving much closer to how Jason is, stone cold and resentful rather than seeking out his Quartermaine roots and trying to establish a family and a legitimate and safe life.

I can believe that Drew might have been a ladies man although it seems to me more that he was looking for the right woman that he can settle down and have a family with after his service is over. I can't see him as the sleaze that Franco is playing, or the flash point anger that both Franco and SBu-as-flashbackDrew show.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But also because Lipton can act and commits to his material.  They're not doing too badly at the moment, I'd put the Trina, Jake and Aiden actors as competent for what they're given to do. Eden is okay is some scenes but not when they give her heavy lifting to do. NuDanny is just bad. Dev sets my teeth on edge but that may be the Gary Stu writing.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

J.J., for Jason Jr.

Would Sonny's ego accept that for his biological child?  I get the feeling that Carly would set Jason above just about everyone else, including Sonny, but for Sonny, blood counts more. If Sonny could save either Jason or Dante, I think he'd pick Dante.

• Love 4
On 8/17/2019 at 7:09 PM, nilyank said:

Morgan is a much better name to give one of their children than Jason, because not only is it Jason's middle name, it is Quartmaine family name as it is Lila's maiden name. Another thing they stole away from the Qs. A lot of people gave Skye a hard time naming her daughter after Lila since she wasn't a real Q, but if you ignore that adoption shit, she was a close family friend (and she gets points for being one of the few people loyal to AJ) to almost all the family members except for Tracy.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Would Sonny's ego accept that for his biological child?  I get the feeling that Carly would set Jason above just about everyone else, including Sonny, but for Sonny, blood counts more. If Sonny could save either Jason or Dante, I think he'd pick Dante.

I kind of don't see what one has to do with the other. Just because he would save Dante over Jason doesn't mean he wouldn't let his kid be named after Jason. Plus, with this child having a birth defect it would make it more likely for Sonny to be less possessive, because he's an ass like that.

I do think Sonny would save Dante over Jason, not because he likes Jason less though but because Dante is younger than Jason and interacts with his children when he's in town. I do think he would save Dante over Michael for that reason too (he has kids) but when they find out about Jonah then he'd save Michael over Dante lol.

Thinking about it though I don't think Sonny is a huge DNA person. I don't think he would ever value his family less over others but he's a people collector who can value them as much as his family. Stone, Jason, Michael and now Dev, even Carly in a weird way is part of his collection.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do think Sonny would save Dante over Jason, not because he likes Jason less though but because Dante is younger than Jason and interacts with his children when he's in town. I do think he would save Dante over Michael for that reason too (he has kids) but when they find out about Jonah then he'd save Michael over Dante lol.

I don't know...Michael has always been his favorite of all of his kids.

• Love 3

I’ve been away for awhile (life happens) but finally got caught up.  My overall take is: damn! this show is really swirling the drain.  In the past, even at its worst, there’s been at least one storyline I could grab onto and enjoy. Now? Can’t think of one.

On the semi-positive side, I’m not hating the Franc-ew stuff. At least, it’s an opportunity to cast aside Franco and create a new character that is less problematic. Unless, of course, Franco re-emerges as his former self in November—which will almost certainly happen. But otherwise, yeah... none of this brain switcheroo nonsense makes a lick of sense.

Why are Peter and Maxie even here? All they do is sit around like chattering magpies and gossip about other people. Maybe if you focused on your own lives, guys, you’d have one.

I enjoyed the snarky comments about depression and lounging clothes. (My all-time fave was Ava, after Kiki died. There was NO WAY that woman owned a pair of sweat pants.) I missed Liz in her high heels, probably because I was too busy noticing how they had her and Cam dressed almost identically, in gray with a swath of red around the middle. I wasn’t paying attention to Sam, either... please someone tell me she was playing baseball in heels. 

Lately, I’ve been binge watching Grey’s Anatomy and just came to the story where a doctor’s wife, afflicted with Alzheimer’s, falls in love with and wants to marry another resident who lives in the same care facility. So now I know where GH cribbed that story from. I’ll just have to keep watching GA to see if Sonny pops in and fixes everything. 

I’d almost forgotten about li’l Pebble until Friday’s show. Damn it!!

Haven't Sonny and Carly already renewed their vows, like, 3 times already? Since every major reveal has to happen during a celebration, I’m guessing this will be when Finn finds out he’s a dad/ Nickolas comes home. Any other possibles?

Edited by 30 Helens
Nobody wants to read my comments 3x

I'm trying to recall if I've ever enjoyed any "renewal of vows" on a soap, ever. It's what soap writers resort to when there's no couple on the canvas appropriate to actually get married, but they think viewers are panting to see someone, anyone, go through the motions of a wedding. It does seem that Sonny and Carly have renewed their vows more than once before, but then, they've also been separated and divorced a lot, and after a while, who can keep track.  

I actually am enjoying the Franco-as-Drew stuff, but that was a busy episode Friday. Way too many characters and settings. Elizabeth/Cameron, Sonny/Carly/Sam, Josslyn/Dev, Franco/Jason, Hayden/Finn, Monica/Drew, and oh, just for the hell of it, here's some Willow/Chase. Not only that, but they were talking about every story that's going on right now. We were getting Sasha flu updates, "Can Willow handle being in a relationship with a cop?" and a recap of Mike/Yvonne, besides the flash-drive news that was the main story. They kept cutting to another location, we'd hear two lines, and then off to someone else. Frenetic.  

I too was wondering why we were seeing Sam catching Sonny and Carly up on the Franco/Drew business. They barely care about Drew and they can't stand Franco. Sonny sort of likes Elizabeth, and Carly hates her less than she used to, but Elizabeth and her kids aren't very important to them. So I didn't get it. The way Sam was building it up, asking them if they knew the rest of the story, it was as though they had a stake. I guess they have to make a pronouncement on everything.  

7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I seem to recall Carly picked the name Josslyn because it was an approximation of a female form or Jason.  So she's had two children named after that robot and he named her other kid. 

I always thought she and Jax named Joss after Jax’s father John.  (?)

Sam can be happy for Sonny and Carly, but the squeeing was ridiculous.

It would not be surprising to have seen a caption bubble sticking out of Sam's head - "Jason and I can retake our vows too!"

Edited by sunnyface
sonny
  • LOL 1

It has occurred to me that we, the audience, have never met Drew.  This is the first time.

BM as Drew was always just someone accepting the words of others that he was not Jason, and then changing the circle of people he interacted with (which immediately made him a better person since he was now free of CarSon.) He took the name Drew because he came to accept what he was being told as truth. But it's not something he ever actually lived. He never did not have Jason's memories.  Even when he was Amnesia Jake, all of that was layered on top of what was supposed to be Jason.  Even the new memories made with Kim and Oscar had Jason's past as a foundation.

So, if this was really the story, this is a totally new person to us and to everyone but Kim and the now defunct Franco (the only person to know him for a short while as a child.)  Oh, and Shiloh.  

I feel bad for Scott. He just lost Lee and Gail, now he also loses another child.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’ve been away for awhile (life happens) but finally got caught up.  My overall take is: damn! this show is really swirling the drain.  In the past, even at its worst, there’s been at least one storyline I could grab onto and enjoy. Now? Can’t think of one.

On the semi-positive side, I’m not hating the Franc-ew stuff. At least, it’s an opportunity to cast aside Franco and create a new character that is less problematic. Unless, of course, Franco re-emerges as his former self in November—which will almost certainly happen. But otherwise, yeah... none of this brain switcheroo nonsense makes a lick of sense.

Why are Peter and Maxie even here? All they do is sit around like chattering magpies and gossip about other people. Maybe if you focused on your own lives, guys, you’d have one.

I enjoyed the snarky comments about depression and lounging clothes. (My all-time fave was Ava, after Kiki died. There was NO WAY that woman owned a pair of sweat pants.) I missed Liz in her high heels, probably because I was too busy noticing how they had her and Cam dressed almost identically, in gray with a swath of red around the middle. I wasn’t paying attention to Sam, either... please someone tell me she was playing baseball in heels. 

Lately, I’ve been binge watching Grey’s Anatomy and just came to the story where a doctor’s wife, afflicted with Alzheimer’s, falls in love with and wants to marry another resident who lives in the same care facility. So now I know where GH cribbed that story from. I’ll just have to keep watching GA to see if Sonny pops in and fixes everything. 

I’d almost forgotten about li’l Pebble until Friday’s show. Damn it!!

Haven't Sonny and Carly already renewed their vows, like, 3 times already? Since every major reveal has to happen during a celebration, I’m guessing this will be when Finn finds out he’s a dad/ Nickolas comes home. Any other possibles?

I'm guessing they are purposedly having the bowels removal ceremony no one asked for so that the Carson baby that no one asked for can be born and it can be a big event or something and we can see Carly's water break on the pews or something and it can be "cute" and "fun" and vomitose.

Sam squeeing like she did made Carson seem like an 80 year old couple who were renewing their love before keeling over in their sleep. It just seemed so forced. I loathe Jason but his blank expression and wooden face was for once needed in that sacharine love fest. At least they tried and actually had Carson kiss. They failed because they continue to have the chemistry of octogenarian amish twins, buy they did try.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can't see him as the sleaze that Franco is playing,

THIS.  Nothing that Billy has shown us of his version of Drew is remotely what Roger is showing us with his version of Drew.  Billy's version seems like a sweet guy that I want to meet.  Roger's version is a douche ball that I want to punch in the throat.  (Again, my severe disgust with all things Franco might be coloring my judgement here!)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

I'm guessing they are purposedly having the bowels removal ceremony no one asked for so that the Carson baby that no one asked for can be born and it can be a big event or something and we can see Carly's water break on the pews or something and it can be "cute" and "fun" and vomitose.

Sam squeeing like she did made Carson seem like an 80 year old couple who were renewing their love before keeling over in their sleep. It just seemed so forced. I loathe Jason but his blank expression and wooden face was for once needed in that sacharine love fest. At least they tried and actually had Carson kiss. They failed because they continue to have the chemistry of octogenarian amish twins, buy they did try.

If bowels removal was intentional, I'm just finished for the day.   LOL!!!!  Best ever.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I'm guessing they are purposedly having the bowels removal ceremony no one asked for so that the Carson baby that no one asked for can be born and it can be a big event or something and we can see Carly's water break on the pews or something and it can be "cute" and "fun" and vomitose

But, we've already been told that the baby has a seriuos medical condition and that Caly will have to have a C Section and the baby will immediately need surgery.  So, that's already a big event that doesn't need anything added to it.  

• Love 2

Even if Franco keeps the memories of Drew, that doesn't erase who HE WAS. He's still a serial killing rapist. He just had someone's memories shoved into his brain. He's STILL Franco. The personality should be the same. And now I'm contradicting myself because of what I posted up thread. And he wasn't take aback that he didn't even sound like himself? Because Howarth and Burton do NOT have the same voice.

Just like Monica, Alan didn't strictly lose a child when Jason Quartermaine became Jason Morgan, Scotty has not lost another child. And even if he has, I'm not crying over it, because I will never accept the revisionist history that made him Scotty's child.

Not ALL SEALS are sleazy assholes. For me, I've met Drew. When he was Jake/John Doe. THAT was, in essence, DREW. He just didn't have his memories. The way Billy Miller plays him, I will believe he was an honorable man; an honorable special forces officer, who earned all those medals. The fact that Burton played him as Jason in cammies in "Afghanistan" is all on him and whoever directed those "flashbacks" and didn't tell him to play him as Drew and NOT Jason.

But then again, here I go, trying to look at this logically, pointing out the flaws and holes, when this show, and Frank doesn't give a shit.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, texastornado said:

I always thought she and Jax named Joss after Jax’s father John.  (?)

They did. Her full name is Josslyn John Jacks. I don't recall "Josslyn" being a reference to Jason, but it wouldn't surprise me.

1 hour ago, amaranta said:

I feel bad for Scott. He just lost Lee and Gail, now he also loses another child.

Eh, Franco's no loss. I felt bad for him being saddled with the serial killing psycho in the first place. Plus, Kin has done his best, but I have never been able to believe in that relationship at all.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

Plus, Kin has done his best, but I have never been able to believe in that relationship at all.

Because it was so forced in the first place. It's been a retcon from day one, and it's stupid and unnecessary. Franco could have been a childhood friend of Drew's without being Scott's son.

NOT EVERYONE HAS TO BE RELATED, SHOW. (Sorry for the all caps; it's a[nother] giant pet peeve of mine with this fakakta show.)

• Love 3

JFC, so street urchin overheard all the tourists to Ankara discussing Civil War-era literature and the Pythagorean Theorem?  And the boy who keeps saying he has no use for education took it upon himself to do the reading?!?!?! Oy this Fakakta show!

I don't think RH or the show knows whether this character is real Drew, Franco with an overlay of Drew's memories, or Franco with subtle Drew notes and an oaky finish. 

But they're not really making me want to find out, which is the real problem.

• Love 3