Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Joss tells Trina that as long as the lock was on the bridge, she could go there and remember Oscar.  She knows that one day he'll be gone from her heart.  Joss doesn't want to betray his memory but Trina says she can move on and still hold him in her heart. 

They're really obnoxious with this. Compass, locks . . . what else? Go away with that, show! People don't go from a person's heart because they die, dumbass. 

Carly meets with Dr Navarro and asks about the in utero surgery for babies with Spina Bifida.  Dr Navarro says Carly isn't a candidate because of her issues with stress.  Carly has her ultrasound, then Dr Navarro tells her that her specific condition means that the baby will be born via C Section than will have immediate surgery based on the severity of the nerve damage.  

Great. Just great.

Willow's looking for a job at the Metrocourt but doesn't want Michael's help in getting it.  

You're a teacher! With great references! And the Metrocourt is not the only place of business in PC.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Willow's looking for a job at the Metrocourt but doesn't want Michael's help in getting it.  

You're a teacher! With great references! And the Metrocourt is not the only place of business in PC.

There is apparently only one grade school in Port Charles, so Willow has no other education options. FFS, Show. DO BETTER.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I don't mind the bickering trope if it works. This doesn't, for numerous reasons. The primary one being neither of them are strong actors. 

58 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Same here. I didn’t mind it when it was Ric and Alexis or Robin and Patrick because at least their bickering was somewhat entertaining but Joss and Dev are just annoying me right now.

I enjoy the bickering trope when done well. Though I think of it more as banter. (Which sends my mind to Gravity Falls. Dipper: "Banter is like talking, only smarter." Mabel: "That sounds like a dumb idea for poopheads." Dipper: "Yeah, see? This isn't banter.")

Banter has to be witty. And even when the two people are genuinely angry or dislike each other, there has to be a sense that they are enjoying the war of words on some level. It's no surprise that ffwbe mentions Robin and Patrick and Ric and Alexis. Those couples were made up of intelligent, quick-witted people who liked challenging each other.

Two brats sniping petulantly at each other isn't witty, it's tiresome.

• Love 8

I think I'd rather see Willow working at Ava's gallery than at the Metrocourt.  It could open up new worlds for her, and extend the sets for us.

And that reminds me: why does Charlotte need a governess when she attends the local school during the winter, is in Lyla's kids during the summer, and spends half her time at Lulu's? Being Charlotte's governess must be the easiest job in the world.

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It was just a plot point to run into Michael.  It was about the fact that todays is Jonah and Wylie's birthday and Willow was commiserating with MIchael's loss.  Which then got compounded by Nelle calling him.  

Though I think they actually made a mistake with that.  I thought original recipe Wylie was born the day before Jonah.  That Alexis had found Brad and told him they were keeping the baby overnight then she would be bringing him to Brucas and she showed up the next day,, which is the day that OG Wylie died/Jonah was born and switched.  

And now I've given it more thought then the writers have.  

• LOL 6

Yes, these writers are right. Once someone dies, we totally forget about them. We have no memories of them so it’s like they never existed. Good job, show.

• LOL 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Thanks for the recap, perkie.

Why can't Trina be the female ingenue instead of Joss? She's smart, sensible, a good actress plays her and she's not mini-Carly.

To quote the movie 'Speed' "... relationships based on intense experiences never work." Nor do they on the kind of dismissive antagonism that they are writing for Joss and Dev. It's not entertaining or romantic at all.

Because she’s not white and blonde. I think I could name the number of a black ingenues on one hand having watched since 1978. I don’t even think I would use 4 fingers & stop at the thumb. Daytime is worse than prime for AA actresses. Especially, in the teen spectrum. I don’t even think any of them were even considered a lead. They were always the best friend of..........

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Yes, these writers are right. Once someone dies, we totally forget about them. We have no memories of them so it’s like they never existed. Good job, show.

Unless it's Morgan. Then they visit his grave, hold anniversary vigils, talk endless about him and show his picture to siblings  too young to have known who he is so that they expect messages from him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Unless it's Morgan. Then they visit his grave, hold anniversary vigils, talk endless about him and show his picture to siblings  too young to have known who he is so that they expect messages from him.

And, they’re hoping his new series gets cancelled and beg him to come back.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

And the Metrocourt is not the only place of business in PC.

Yeah, Willow could always dish up chili at Kelly's.  In the tradition of SWSNBN and Liz. 

I thought it was insulting how Michael cancelled his trip with Sasha by saying "something important came up" -- like Sasha is unimportant.  And I know I'd love to be invited to a 1 year old's birthday party instead of a promised vacation.  Especially after asking for days off work.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

And, they’re hoping his new series gets cancelled and beg him to come back.

If they're hoping for that, (and I don't think they are since they knocked up Carly so we could have another bio Carson kid who comes second to Michael), they're really dumb because Brydog is breaking fucking fingers out there. He's gotten other stuff besides this show and he'll probably keep getting stuff.

I don't get how Chad hasn't vamoosed by now, unless he plans on not being an actor after GH. But he can't depend on GH for his retirement.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought it was insulting how Michael cancelled his trip with Sasha by saying "something important came up" -- like Sasha is unimportant.  And I know I'd love to be invited to a 1 year old's birthday party instead of a promised vacation.  Especially after asking for days off work.

One good thing will come of Michael finding out Wylie is his and that's that we'll never see the kid and he'll rarely speak of him.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought it was insulting how Michael cancelled his trip with Sasha by saying "something important came up" -- like Sasha is unimportant.  

As far as getting Mikey a girlfriend goes, it's always one step forward and two steps back. His canceling on Sasha is just another reason why he can't seem to generate romantic chemistry with a female. A character who makes those kinds of choices isn't going to be seen as a dashing leading man. 

• Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, rur said:

As far as getting Mikey a girlfriend goes, it's always one step forward and two steps back. His canceling on Sasha is just another reason why he can't seem to generate romantic chemistry with a female. A character who makes those kinds of choices isn't going to be seen as a dashing leading man. 

He couldn't even manage to get through a softball game without getting his wimpy ass kicked. After he trash talked Chase who was too nice not to laugh in his face.

And then they think the love in the afternoon we want is him and Sasha. Or Curtis and Fake Jordan talking about laundry and dusting. Or Jason and Sam being as unsexy as possible.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, rur said:

That's only true for sane viewers, though. Look who the dashing leading men of this show are.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

If they're hoping for that, (and I don't think they are since they knocked up Carly so we could have another bio Carson kid who comes second to Michael), they're really dumb because Brydog is breaking fucking fingers out there. He's gotten other stuff besides this show and he'll probably keep getting stuff.

I don't get how Chad hasn't vamoosed by now, unless he plans on not being an actor after GH. But he can't depend on GH for his retirement.

So "breaking fucking fingers" is a good thing? Anyhoo, I do agree that the Carly baby (which I totally forgot about) should keep them busy with something to obsess about.

10 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought it was insulting how Michael cancelled his trip with Sasha by saying "something important came up" -- like Sasha is unimportant. 

He should have said "something suddenly came up."  That always works.  Just ask Greg Brady.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You care more than TIIC.

I think we all do. I know we all put more thought into the show than anyone connected with it does.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:
11 hours ago, ciarra said:

He should have said "something suddenly came up."  That always works.  Just ask Greg Brady.

LOL. But look how it backfired on Marcia! Too bad Sasha can't call Michael out on his rudeness.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. But look how it backfired on Marcia! Too bad Sasha can't call Michael out on his rudeness.

Only because she got hit in the face with a football. But, the mere fact that Greg said it works every time means that he used it with impunity for a while. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So "breaking fucking fingers" is a good thing? Anyhoo, I do agree that the Carly baby (which I totally forgot about) should keep them busy with something to obsess about.

Only when it's used as a metaphor.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, rur said:

I have a hard time believing that they still think he’s capable of being a romantic lead since they’ve paired him with at least  6 or 7 different women and the only one he’s maybe had any chemistry with was Abby. I think the only reason he’s even with Sasha now is that Chase and Willow ended up being a lot more popular than they predicted so they backed off a bit from their love triangle.

• Love 3

I love the irony of how proud Joss is that other people were putting locks on the bridge too after she and Oscar put theirs on.  The accumulation of locks is the reason the city decided to get rid of them.

I don't like LW but I have to give her credit for how she's playing Carly in this pregnancy storyline. Quiet and strong is much better than the usual shouting and self-centredness.

Does anyone else wonder if the Big Bad behind Cassandra is Jerry Jacks?

1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I have a hard time believing that they still think he’s capable of being a romantic lead since they’ve paired him with at least  6 or 7 different women and the only one he’s maybe had any chemistry with was Abby. I think the only reason he’s even with Sasha now is that Chase and Willow ended up being a lot more popular than they predicted so they backed off a bit from their love triangle.

The comparison to the actor who is playing Chase that's so striking.  One emotes and and you can see his joy, and his concern, and his effort to do the right thing. Duell sleepwalks through most of his scene, and he's most alive when he's propping CarSon or Jason.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does anyone else wonder if the Big Bad behind Cassandra is Jerry Jacks?

Absolutely. I feel like "unidentified male" Cassandra was spotted with must be either Jerry or *possibly* Nikolas, IMO, because the characters have been mentioning Jerry about as much as Nikolas and the circumstances of his death. 

Joss is damned lucky to have a friend like Cam!! On the other hand, Cam deserves much better than the attitude and behavior Joss has a tendency to demonstrate that she has learned or inherited from Carly.  

I am half expecting Joss to start listening to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" on repeat as she stares at their Great Lock of Love .... or worse, tries to play the song on Oscar's guitar. And btw,  I don't believe teenage girls would want to spend summer hours binge watching Grey's Anatomy.  Why suck up to that show? Something going on with the network?

Given how Carly and Jason's closeness was on full display today (she certainly seems more emotionally dependent on him than Sonny), I am wondering if the baby will die of complications in the surgery right after birth and then Carly will have grief sex with Jason. (Hey, remember the limo sex with Sonny after they left comatose Michael at the institution, while she was married to Jax.)

Willow and Chase, can you please take up time on the show that's been devoted to some other couples? I prefer to see you two over least 6 other couples on this show. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

Josslyn needs to be off screen for a while. Or forever.

Chase and Willow can stay, because they're cute. And they are also normal. 

Sonny can kindly fuck off with his interrogation of Robert. Dude, he doesn't work for the WSB anymore. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I wish they had forgone the Shiloh/"Drew" flashbacks altogether and brought one of Drew's seal buddies to tell the truth about Shiloh because Burton is very incompetent when it comes to playing any other character.

That very clearly wasn't Drew in the flashbacks, so thanks for bringing Jason Morgan to that party writers and SBu. Could have made a goddamn effort, but nope. 

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, Bringonthedrama said:

It doesn't help that Burton being Drew in the flashback isn't anything like how Drew behaves. He is playing his own character, raging/threatening Shiloh just as Jason would at one of his or Sonny's enemies.  It's such lazy acting, and potentially confusing for the audience.

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

YES! Drew is much calmer than Jason, even when angered. He did grab Shiloh and tell him not to say Oscar's name, but he's much less violent acting than Jason. It's a calm threat that he possess and I'd argue that in a way, that makes him much more frightening. A person who can maintain their cool while boiling just under the surface is not someone I'd want to mess with... and would be much more common in a former SEAL than how Jason played Drew. That just sucked.

I am a few episodes behind, and just watched this.  While I intellectually knew that Drew had Jason's face when he met Kim and when he was a Seal, I mostly put that out of my mind so that I could believe that Kim adored Drew back then.  But to see SB actually portray Drew as a Seal ruined that whole fantasy in my head.  Somehow I convinced myself that Navy Seal Drew was played by BM.  So those scenes were so jarring and truly laughable.  BM already looks younger than SB so SB playing a much younger Drew was ridiculous, not to mention he did a terrible job of it.

I still love Drew, but if they are going to keep putting him together with Jason as bros, I would rather they just write out the character.

• Love 4

This Dev guy is really making me long for Oscar back

2 hours ago, bannana said:

I am a few episodes behind, and just watched this.  While I intellectually knew that Drew had Jason's face when he met Kim and when he was a Seal, I mostly put that out of my mind so that I could believe that Kim adored Drew back then.  But to see SB actually portray Drew as a Seal ruined that whole fantasy in my head.  Somehow I convinced myself that Navy Seal Drew was played by BM.  So those scenes were so jarring and truly laughable.  BM already looks younger than SB so SB playing a much younger Drew was ridiculous, not to mention he did a terrible job of it.

I still love Drew, but if they are going to keep putting him together with Jason as bros, I would rather they just write out the character.

This is me too!  LOL  Exactly!  I could not get past it.  

• Love 3

I hope Trina's sole purpose is not to provide support to Joss. She deserves her own storyline where Joss and Cam can support her. 

CW's Nina is such a relief from MS. Now if wardrobe could find a middle ground between the island dresses and the floral sheet ensembles it would be good. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, paisley said:

I hope Trina's sole purpose is not to provide support to Joss. She deserves her own storyline where Joss and Cam can support her. 

Word. Trina deserves better than being a crutch for Joss. 

Of course, more drama is coming her way with her half-sibling having these potential health issues and having to have surgery. So Trina will have to be there for Joss like the good trooper that she is.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, paisley said:

I hope Trina's sole purpose is not to provide support to Joss.

It is, she's the Langston.  She might get some minor dramas, but her main purpose will always be listening to Joss, supporting Joss, telling Joss she's awesome, etc.

• Love 4

Carly's dress was great, though it made her boobs look a little squashed. It must be the padding. I'd wear that not pregnant.

I'm sick of hearing Joss whine every time some object connected to Oscar disappears or whatever. It's just stuff. Your memories are what matter, you nitwit. Her friends are saints to put up with her. After a while I'd get really fed up.

Can we stop calling him Cousin Dev, please? WE GET IT.

The dramatic musical sting after Jax asked Nina what she knows about Cassandra Pierce was hilariously overwrought. I enjoyed that. Might as well go big.

Good for Robert Fucking! Scorpio telling Sonny that Dante is a grownup who made his own decisions and now has to suffer the consequences. Of course that's all lost on Sonny, because it's not what he wants, but tough shit.

I had to LOL about Sonny whining about Shiloh strutting around on bail. Irritating, right? That's how people feel about you, Corinthos.

Color me shocked Sonny decided to show up for the baby's test. His disgust at modern medicine not being able to give him the instant answers he demands is typical Sonny.

Poor Jax, having to match wits, as it were, with Nina and Valentin about Cassandra Pierce. Oof.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to LOL about Sonny whining about Shiloh strutting around on bail. Irritating, right? That's how people feel about you, Corinthos.

ZERO self-awareness.  Also, I'm totally irked that for some reason Robert's bronzer was worse than Sonny's.  MB is usually the King of the Orange Skin and today Tristan was.  Not a good look.

High point of the day was Chase and Willow saying their first "I love you"s.  I'll fess up that I got teary.  They're freakin' adorable AND the actors are totally committing to selling it. 

• Love 8

Is Tristan Rogers that difficult to fit for a suit jacket?  The arms were way too short, made worse by pairing it with a white shirt so that the cuffs really showed.

The other day...Hayden thought the house she was going to buy with Finn two years ago would still be available? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Good for Robert Fucking! Scorpio telling Sonny that Dante is a grownup who made his own decisions and now has to suffer the consequences. Of course that's all lost on Sonny, because it's not what he wants, but tough shit.

They were aiming for 'caring father' and landed on 'petulant child'. Because Robert can control whether Dante has to get mental treatment or not.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sick of hearing Joss whine every time some object connected to Oscar disappears or whatever.

Did a large piece of plywood disappear? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Can we stop calling him Cousin Dev,

I thnk Trina is the only one that calls him that and she puts a sarcastic spin on "cousin", and since she comes across as an intelligent girl,, I'm guessing that she knows he's not Sonny's cousin.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not what he wants. He's Sonny Corinthos. He doesn't understand what suffering consequences means because he never suffered the consequences of his actions. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, sacrebleu said:

*sigh* Tristan and Isoldt, the original bickering because they really like each other couple, was only 'a thing' because they accidentally ingested a potion meant for Isoldt and her intended, to ensure a happy union. Tristan was merely a knight, entrusted with bringing his king's bride safely to him. Tristan and Isoldt genuinely didn't like each other, but *potion* so bickering turned into passion. And thus, hundreds of generations of audiences were fooled into thinking constant bickering meant twue luv.

*this has been today's literary minute*

Mon Dieu! Sacrebleu!!!! Dinna be comparing the story of Tristan and Isoldt with the horrid and horrible and undeserving "story" with Joss this fakakta show is trying to sell. First they're trying to make them Stone and Robin II, with Stone's AIDS, and whatever it was that pissed me off up thread, of them trying to make Joss happen. And while I haven't watched the past two weeks yet (Parents visiting from India--having fun spending time with them and getting SUCKED into the MELODRAMAAAATIC Indian soaps as always happens!), I've been reading about some lock on some bridge? Bridge? Like Robin and Jason's bridge? Lock? Like Original Lucky and Liz's metaphor about a lock? I usually hate acronyms, but GMAFB. First of all, Kimberly, Michael Sutton, Jonathan and Becky were MUCH better actors as teens, then the current lot. Hell, even Vanessa and Antonio, who only looked good in undies and with those dimples, did much better jobs acting as teens.

On 7/24/2019 at 4:48 PM, perkie1968 said:

Robert admits that the WSB handled this badly, but that Dante acted on his own and got in over his head.  Sonny then asks about Shiloh and how he's walking around free.  Robert says he was let out on bail then reminds Sonny that he's a criminal and there are boundaries.

[snip]

Robert finds Finn and tells him that he spoke with Anna about Valentin's concern for Cassandra.  He says she was spotted once, in Italy with a gentleman that the bureau couldn't identify. Robert says Finn's involvement in this is over, that Cassandra is a dangerous woman and he needs to stay out of it.  

[snip] 

Carly meets with Dr Navarro and asks about the in utero surgery for babies with Spina Bifida.  Dr Navarro says Carly isn't a candidate because of her issues with stress.  Carly has her ultrasound, then Dr Navarro tells her that her specific condition means that the baby will be born via C Section than will have immediate surgery based on the severity of the nerve damage.  

Michael runs into Jason at the Corinthi home and mentions the Quartermain treehouse.  He thinks they can put one in the Corinthi backyard for Avery and the new baby, which Jason agrees to help with. 

1. YES!!!!! to the bolded. He may not be able to throw the petulant man-baby Vito/Michael Corleone wannabe in prison, where he fucking belongs, but at least Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Gets to tell him to his FACE, he's a thug and criminal. Not that it will affect that narcissistic, tone-deaf manbaby.

2. Love this. Love anytime Robert needles Finn, or tells him what's what. 

3. Don't give any bluedilly figgedity fucks.

4. So I guess Jason is over hating everything Quartermaine? Growth, I guess?
48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's not what he wants. He's Sonny Corinthos. He doesn't understand what suffering consequences means because he never suffered the consequences of his actions. 

Well, except when he SHOT DANTE IN.THE.CHEST*. He SUFFERED SOOOO MUCH. But it was Olivia's fault, don'tchaknow? And it was "so awful" for him, shooting his son IN.THE.CHEST.*

*That will never get old.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Looks like good Robert stuff is on.

(edited)
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

at least Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Gets to tell him to his FACE, he's a thug and criminal.

well...not exactly. He did say that they have to be careful about their interactions now that he's in law enforcement. Then Sonny piped in with 'and I'm not' while Robert walked away. Unless I missed it, there was no explicit mention of Sonny being a criminal or a thug. 😞

And the lock is an actual padlock. Joss and Oscar put their initials in nail polish and hung the lock from the footbridge (yes, Robin and Jason's bridge). Cam's boss ordered him to cut off all the locks so he did. Then he went to the garbage dump to retrieve the lock and return it to Joss because she was soooooo upset that she'd never remember Oscar without it.

Edited by Sake614
35 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Joss and Oscar put their initials in nail polish and hung the lock from the footbridge

Speaking of nail polish, Joss' green that she is wearing on her nails is hideous.

• Love 2