Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So very interesting (not to mention rage-inducing), that while this regime SHITS on Robin, they have no shame in using STEALING storylines from her character’s history to try and make...I don’t even know what the words are to explain/express to complete this sentence. But I’m sure you know what I mean.🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

They’re also just lazy af.

And I also believe they never cared about Robin bc she doesn’t rate on their “attractive/hot” meter. They just use her bc of her history/fanbase they realized (too late) that they can’t ignore. I love how no one really noticed that she ALWAYS worked with them to make time for guest appearances and they had some of y’all believing she “couldn’t do it.” 🙃

• Love 2

So, Shiloh, who is out on bail with a boatload of criminal charges, including murder, is allowed to visit Harmony at Pentonville, the wife of the man he's accused of murdering, who is also a witness in his case.  

Also, why were Harmony and Shiloh allowed to visit face to face whereas Ryan and Jordan had to be seperated by glass?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, why were Harmony and Shiloh allowed to visit face to face whereas Ryan and Jordan had to be separated by glass? 

Ryan is a serial killer. Shiloh is a rapist charlatan.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Except I do think ER has chemistry with Mark Lawson. In fact I liked them more in that brief scene than I did any of the Lante scenes since she was cast. If they insist on keeping her around she should at least be with someone who can make her laugh and smile. 

I did think they had nice chemistry.  I mean, not gonna set the world on fire or anything, but I did take note of her smiling because we haven't seen it a lot lately.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I love how no one really noticed that she ALWAYS worked with them to make time for guest appearances and they had some of y’all believing she “couldn’t do it.” 🙃

Unpopular opinion - they certainly didn't do right by the character all the time, but I don't think they HATE Robin or KMc.  And isn't the story that Wolf was going to kill Robin for reals and Frank/Ron were the ones that convinced KMc that Robin should just be "dead"?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Unpopular opinion - they certainly didn't do right by the character all the time, but I don't think they HATE Robin or KMc.  And isn't the story that Wolf was going to kill Robin for reals and Frank/Ron were the ones that convinced KMc that Robin should just be "dead"?

Never said hate; I said they don’t “care for” the character as played by Kimberly. And I totally believe Ron wanted to recast, as well, which is why TPTB had people believing that Kim couldn’t make time for the show. She was available- just not on a full-time, everyday basis. It doesn’t shock me that she has appeared MORE and her character mentioned MORE since JT’s exit. That’s not a coincidence to me. 

And, no, Kim never wanted Robin killed off. I don’t know if she had to say the company line initially when it happened, but there are interviews after that where she basically says that she was not satisfied, including this quote from a Fairman interview.

”SinceI left the show more than a year ago, I was not ever satisfied with the way it happened.  Frank knew that I was always wanting, and willing, to come back and do something else that was more respectful of the character..”

• Love 2

I'm talking about before Frank and Ron even got there, when KMc gave her notice and Garin Wolfe wrote that stuff about Robin's HIV meds not working and her filming that video for Patrick about moving on.  Isn't the story that Frank and Ron are the ones who changed it to a "death"?

The biggest mistake, IMO, is still how they handled things after Robin's Rescue 1.0.  If Jason Thompson was staying (and again, I've said this before, I'm not here for people being like "He should have quit!" because he was under no obligation to quit his job, IMO), instead of the Victor Cassadine foolishness, they should have just had them bittersweetly realize that they had changed in their time apart, and that they still loved each other, but it wasn't the time to be together.  And then Robin could have gotten a great job in NYC to continue her research and could have checked in whenever she/they wanted.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I did take note of her smiling because we haven't seen it a lot lately.

Why is this fakakta show so grim so much of the time? If there isn't some disgusting story going on, everyone is glowering as a general mood. There used to be at least one lighter story that had some intentional humor to it, and that rarely happens nowadays. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Did anyone else get hit by anvils falling all over the place on Friday?

Spoiler

Now that Ryan is going to read Shiloh’s book, I expect we’ll see Shiloh and Ryan, and possibly Nelle teaming up. (That SOD cover a few weeks ago hinted at it.)

I thought Harmony would be involved, but now I’m wondering if she is in danger. 

It makes no sense that Kristina, Harmony, and Carol turned on Shiloh so quickly without any wavering. I’m glad to see they brought Daisy back as a loyal follower and not another person turning against him. She seemed totally subservient to him - even more than before. I’m curious to see what happens with her.

Edited by Peppermint Patty
Edited because punctuation is a thing.
Just now, Peppermint Patty said:

I’m glad to see they brought Daisy back as a loyal follower and not another person turning against him. She seemed totally subservient to him - even more than before. I’m curious to see what happens with her.

She is no Alison Perkins, escaped mental patient.

• Love 1

Barbara Garrick was so good in that role!

3 minutes ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I thought Harmony would be involved, but now I’m wondering if she is in danger. 

I will not be surprised if she dies.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm talking about before Frank and Ron even got there, when KMc gave her notice and Garin Wolfe wrote that stuff about Robin's HIV meds not working and her filming that video for Patrick about moving on.  Isn't the story that Frank and Ron are the ones who changed it to a "death"?

Well, yes, obviously they changed how Robin would “die” and that she wasn’t really dead. I was answering the portion of “Ron/Frank convinced KMc.” She didn’t need convincing; she never wanted the character to be killed off.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, yes, obviously they changed how Robin would “die” and that she wasn’t really dead. I was answering the portion of “Ron/Frank convinced KMc.” She didn’t need convincing; she never wanted the character to be killed off.

I guess I'm surprised that Wolfe would have had the authority to kill off Robin if it wasn't a request from Kim.  And I wouldn't have necessarily blamed KMc if she wanted to really tie up that part of her life, full-on commit to directing, you know?

When is the last time we saw Robin, btw?  When she briefly visited and grossly gave LWB/FS a chance?

Edited by TeeVee329
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So very interesting (not to mention rage-inducing), that while this regime SHITS on Robin, they have no shame in using STEALING storylines from her character’s history to try and make...I don’t even know what the words are to explain/express to complete this sentence. But I’m sure you know what I mean.🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Perhaps you mean that Robin was made to look like she abandoned her family, and then her storyline was re-purposed to make Dante look like a tragic hero since he had been working for the WSB to take Raj down because of Lulu? But now he's too messed up to be Lulu's husband. 

Show was never going to make Sonny's first-born son look like a bad person/family abandoner.  The same standard does not apply to Robert Scorpio's only child.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I wouldn't have necessarily blamed KMc if she wanted to really tie up that part of her life, full-on commit to directing, you know?

I wouldn’t either. But that’s not how Kim ever rolled. She was never going to be that actor who left GH forever. 

Yes, I believe her last appearance was with the Peter story.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Show was never going to make Sonny's first-born son look like a bad person/family abandoner.  The same standard does not apply to Robert Scorpio's only child.

Being the son of fuckin' Luke & Laura didn't save Lucky from that fate.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Perhaps you mean that Robin was made to look like she abandoned her family, and then her storyline was re-purposed to make Dante look like a tragic hero since he had been working for the WSB to take Raj down because of Lulu? But now he's too messed up to be Lulu's husband. 

I don’t even necessarily think they’re trying to make Dante look good. The only male off-screen characters who got that treatment were weirdly Jax and Patrick. 

I think the writers just don't want to commit to anything, so we get these wishy-washy endings that can always be retconned whenever the actor returns/the show recasts/they "fall in love" with an actor. It's so frustrating as a viewer, especially because it's not as if news doesn't leak out. It's not really the show's fault that there's no element of surprise anymore, but they're still writing as if there is. No creative risks are taken, the show has no imagination and humor. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Peppermint Patty said:

It makes no sense that Kristina, Harmony, and Carol turned on Shiloh so quickly without any wavering. I’m glad to see they brought Daisy back as a loyal follower and not another person turning against him. She seemed totally subservient to him - even more than before. I’m curious to see what happens with her.

I actually felt sorry for Daisy, watching her like that. She emptied out her trust fund and he talked to her like she owed it to him. How much was this super massive bail they kept talking about and where are this girl's parents? 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

where are this girl's parents? 

Daisy is an adult. She might be estranged from her family. Not everyone is as lucky as Kristina to have such loving, supportive parents. /mildly sarcastic

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Daisy is an adult. She might be estranged from her family. Not everyone is as lucky as Kristina to have such loving, supportive parents. /mildly sarcastic

She's an adult, but it doesn't negate it for me that she looked like someone who seemed completely overtaken by the events or that I felt bad for her. 

She's also someone with a rather sizable trust fund. So she either had caring parents who wanted her to live well or bad parents who threw money at her and didn't care what happened to her.

Plus I think the actress has a quality to her with those big doe eyes and the way she stood in the background looking confused by everything happening. Shiloh's universe can blow up and he can melt in a pee puddle. He is a nasty piece of work, but I feel more somewhat sorry for Daisy for being taken in by him and then having to watch everything she believed in crumble around her.

I just hope she's not forgotten when the whole DoD storyline is done. I hope Kristina will show enough growth and care enough about her to reach out and try to help her out, or Willow. But I'm thinking Willow will be kicked in the teeth soon enough. 

Pretty sure Harmony is marked for death now and she's eventually going to find out that her son actually died.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I don’t even necessarily think they’re trying to make Dante look good. The only male off-screen characters who got that treatment were weirdly Jax and Patrick. 

I’m pretty sure they just did that with Jax because Sonny was the reason he couldn’t be in town, first with trying to kill him and then getting him kicked out of the country. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Daisy daisy told Shiloh that her mother cut her off when she joined DOD so there is no more money.

I think the order of events was: Daisy emptied her trust fund to pay Shiloh’s bail. The trustee contacted her parents to tell them she emptied it out. Her parents cut her off, probably because they see Shiloh as a con artist and want to protect their assets even if they can’t protect their daughter.

I hope that eventually we get a proper resolution for Daisy’s story, since she is as much a victim as Willow, Carol, and Kristina and she was our first introduction into DoD. She not only gave Shiloh her trust fund, but as a member of the trust, we can assume that Daisy also has been manipulated into sleeping with Shiloh. I hope we eventually see her wake up and leave.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No creative risks are taken, the show has no imagination and humor. 

This is why I like shows on Netflix, etc. I feel like bc they basically release them as complete each season, it’s less likely that fan BS/fan service will dictate story. And a lot of what’s happening, especially on soaps, is this fear to divert from a specific formula.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If the way they are writing Dante right now had anything to do with Sonny, he would have been cured by a night of orange juice and breaking glass. Heck, Dante didn't even get to succeed at the assignment. 90 pound Sonny (his arms being 30 lbs of sheer muscle each, of course*) had to go and help him out.

*a reference Diane made about Sonny having 30 lbs of sheer muscle on Claudia, played by Sarah Brown, who had biceps of steel.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Lulu will no doubt be calling an Uber home from the party. I don't know if I can handle a "Lulu learning to love again" story. We just puked our way through that with Maxi. While I like Justin, ER's acting is so one note for me ..okay maybe two: bland and frantic. 

Glad they didn't kill Dante, cuz he's one of the few redeeming characters and I've always liked the actor. But for fucks sake, they HAD DZ coming back and could have written a great, deeply emotional PTSD or other story that took Dante off the map for a while. Instead we get MUST COMPLETE THE MISSION and him shutting Lulu out. Totally unsatisfying, but if this show knows anything it is how to utterly trash what could be potential great.

I hope Daisy sticks around too, cuz the 20 something crowd needs some new blood. But she will probably kill Shiloh.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

they HAD DZ coming back and could have written a great, deeply emotional PTSD or other story that took Dante off the map for a while.

It almost feels like the only reason they brought DZ back was to usher in Dev, since that's where we met the little snot nosed Sonny wannabe.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

It almost feels like the only reason they brought DZ back was to usher in Dev, since that's where we met the little snot nosed Sonny wannabe.  

Ugh. Thanks a lot, Dante! I can’t stand smug Dev. I hope he fucks up royally and takes Sonny down. I can dream, right?

• Love 3

I can't stand Dev. If he's going to be on, though, at least he is part of the Sonny universe so I can just fast forward him when I do Sonny and Co. It's truly amazing how quickly he joined Sonny, Jason, Carly, and Sam as a least favorite character for me.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Ugh. Thanks a lot, Dante! I can’t stand smug Dev. I hope he fucks up royally and takes Sonny down. I can dream, right?

Hey! Dante was gonna let the criminals kill him but it was Sonny who said they had to help. He tried lol!

Fucking typical GH, they bring DZ back and instead of using this time for an emotional story centered around his wife, kids, career and PTSD --they make it all about Mo and Chachi!  

• LOL 3

It is amazing that GH didn’t replace DZ. I always thought he was the anti soap hunk and sort of irreplaceable and I think I was right. He was a good actor and wasn’t taller than MB which must have made him happy. LOL!!! That said, the short return story arc they had him play was horrible and it shouldn’t have happened at all. Now, they have to get divorced off screen because he doesn’t want to come back again. They didn’t really have any other choice other then killing off Dante and then unkilling him in 3-5 years from now. The return from the dead has been done a million times already. DZ was just too good and a real find for the show.

• Love 1

Finally caught up on the last three episodes. Had to take a little break because I wasn't that excited about what was on screen. Pretty much the only things I liked were Chase and Willow (still). The other categories fall into mildly annoying, tolerable, and downright rage inducing. I think Harmony could be a great addition to work with Ryan and Nelle behind the scenes. Sadly, I don't think Shiloh is going anywhere.

Nina, you are no champion of children. And your dress is...bad. Another Wardrobe fail.

Rot in hell, Sonny.

Dev isn't even interesting enough for me to complain about.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Finally caught up on the last three episodes. Had to take a little break because I wasn't that excited about what was on screen. Pretty much the only things I liked were Chase and Willow (still). The other categories fall into mildly annoying, tolerable, and downright rage inducing. I think Harmony could be a great addition to work with Ryan and Nelle behind the scenes. Sadly, I don't think Shiloh is going anywhere.

Nina, you are no champion of children. And your dress is...bad. Another Wardrobe fail.

Rot in hell, Sonny.

Dev isn't even interesting enough for me to complain about.

Yeah, the dress wasn’t Nina like at all. Maybe, it was CW as Nina like but not MS as Nina like. It was too flowy for Nina. It was more for Willow or Sasha. I may need to keep a closer eye on Nina’s wardrobe. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 11:35 PM, ByaNose said:

It is amazing that GH didn’t replace DZ. I always thought he was the anti soap hunk and sort of irreplaceable and I think I was right. He was a good actor and wasn’t taller than MB which must have made him happy. LOL!!! That said, the short return story arc they had him play was horrible and it shouldn’t have happened at all. Now, they have to get divorced off screen because he doesn’t want to come back again.

MB did like it  . . . he said so in an interview lol. 

I'm surprised they didn't recast. They weren't doing anything with Dante anyway. The only reason there is a stall with Lulu now is because they don't care enough to write her out of it. I don't know why some people think recasting Dante would give her a story, since they didn't have one before.

I liked the short return arc. It didn't make much sense but neither does most stuff on GH, and he got to act more during those two weeks than he had in a long time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)

Ryan is a serial killer. Shiloh is a rapist charlatan.

Rot in hell, Sonny.

With only one (1) doctor and one (1) nurse on contract, Frank and Doris Hursley continue to turn in their graves.  #freeDrsMatt&Stephen

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

I hope he fucks up royally and takes Sonny down. I can dream, right?

My dream.......Dev is actually a 21 Jumpstreet type undercover agent (FBI, WSB, CIA, whatever) who's here to infiltrate and take down SaSon.  Also, I want a pony and to be able to eat all the chocolate I want without gaining weight.  

11 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I can't stand Dev.

The worst part is that they got rid of Oscar, who was dating Joss and brought in Dev, who looks like he's here to date Joss.  what was the point.  GS was no Meryl Streep, but at least he had family onscreen (including Quartermains) and we knew and somewhat cared about him.  I care less for Dev than I do the rocks on my patio.  They had the perfect story with Cam there for Joss in her time of grief and the conflict of her new feelings for Cam versus her old feelings for Oscar, but nope, ruined that to bring on a mini Sonny.  Because that's what we needed.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

My dream.......Dev is actually a 21 Jumpstreet type undercover agent (FBI, WSB, CIA, whatever) who's here to infiltrate and take down SaSon.  Also, I want a pony and to be able to eat all the chocolate I want without gaining weight.  

The worst part is that they got rid of Oscar, who was dating Joss and brought in Dev, who looks like he's here to date Joss.  what was the point.  GS was no Meryl Streep, but at least he had family onscreen (including Quartermains) and we knew and somewhat cared about him.  I care less for Dev than I do the rocks on my patio.  They had the perfect story with Cam there for Joss in her time of grief and the conflict of her new feelings for Cam versus her old feelings for Oscar, but nope, ruined that to bring on a mini Sonny.  Because that's what we needed.  

Yeah, purse snatcher Dev needs to go. I know they are going for the whole rebel without a cause thing but he's more annoying then a rebel. I know in real life that EMc is life long friends with the actor playing Dev but it's not showing up on screen. I know she likes the actor playing Cam because they are always on social media. I got the impression she didn't care for the actor playing Oscar because she never posted anything about him. Even when the character died. Teenagers are so fickle. LOL!!! Anyhoo.....Dev might be here a while if MB likes him. He seems to have a say who stays around if he likes them

4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

With only one (1) doctor and one (1) nurse on contract, Frank and Doris Hursley continue to turn in their graves.  #freeDrsMatt&Stephen

Can we please get someone else to play Stephen Lars? 

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

GS was no Meryl Streep

Okay, you're cracking me up this Monday morning! Far from it.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Anyhoo.....Dev might be here a while if MB likes him. He seems to have a say who stays around if he likes them

This is a HUGE part of the problem. [/Elaine Benes]

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I know in real life that EMc is life long friends with the actor playing Dev

Seriously?  Is that why he was hired?  She's morphing into LW offscreen as well as on.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Sooo, how long 'til a recast Nikolas shows up now that Valentin, Ava, Nina and Jax were all talking about his death in the same episode? Who the hell does Nina think she is to call Laura delusional?!  She was not there when Nikolas died. She did not know Nikolas.

Lulu yelling about having to make the decisions now about dinner, movies to watch,  what the kids wear was dumb because she's been making those decisions since Dante left to work undercover for the WSB. The new decisions would be about $ and related issues, like what to do regarding Rocco's education and activities, if they had a retirement plan in place, etc. I would have liked to see a scene of Sonny and Olivia leaving Dante and Lulu's home at Laura's request. Olivia was way out of line demanding that Lulu tear up the divorce papers. It was good that Laura said 'we have to support whatever decision Lulu makes" but I wanted more than that.  

Today's show was a great example of why the Drew and Curtis friendship is awesome.  I really liked Curtis's truth telling.

I almost laughed out loud at Valentin's look of hurt/rage/betrayal when he heard Nina bring up Cassandra to Jax. 

Sooo, how long 'til a recast Nikolas shows up now that Valentin, Ava, Nina and Jax were all talking about his death in the same episode? Who the hell does Nina think she is to call Laura delusional?!  She was not there when Nikolas died. She did not know Nikolas.

Lulu yelling about having to make the decisions now about dinner, movies to watch,  what the kids wear was dumb because she's been making those decisions since Dante left to work undercover for the WSB. The new decisions would be about $ and related issues, like what to do regarding Rocco's education and activities, if they had a retirement plan in place, etc. I would have liked to see a scene of Sonny and Olivia leaving Dante and Lulu's home at Laura's request. Olivia was way out of line demanding that Lulu tear up the divorce papers. It was good that Laura said 'we have to support whatever decision Lulu makes" but I wanted more than that.  

Today's show was a great example of why the Drew and Curtis friendship is awesome.  I really liked Curtis's truth telling.

I almost laughed out loud at Valentin's look of hurt/rage/betrayal when he heard Nina bring up Cassandra to Jax. 

• Love 1

For an episode without Sonny, Carly and Sam, that was still fairly boring. We still had to have Jason though. I thought it was so weird at the start when all we saw was Jason's back that it was SBu's voice and not BMs, but once he got violent, it fit. That wasn't Drew there, that was Jason.

What does Jax have against Ava that the article wasn't mean enough? I don't remember him being that close to Nik to go full bore on Ava for him.  Did he even know Kate?  It all feels so off kilter.

ER did a good job on Lulu's hurt and pain  I can understand why she fell apart, she'd been holding it together waiting for Dante to come back and now she finds out he's not going to. Worse he's taken any kind of autonomy out of her hands short of contesting the divorce.

I liked the Neil/Alexis scenes. Frankly, I'm on Alexis side, given her history and the lack of decent available men in Port Charles, she made the right decision.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

For an episode without Sonny, 

What does Jax have against Ava that the article wasn't mean enough? I don't remember him being that close to Nik to go full bore on Ava for him.  Did he even know Kate? 

Sonny had scenes one-on-one with Olivia, and he and Olivia were in scenes with Laura and Lulu.

Jax resented Nikolas for having an affair with his wife Courtney and so she didn't know who her baby's father was-no friendship there. He was, however, good friends with Kate Howard and brought up to Ava how she killed his friend as well as business associate Kate (by then she was "Connie") in cold blood, right there in the Crimson office. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Sonny had scenes one-on-one with Olivia, and he and Olivia were in scenes with Laura and Lulu.

LOL, he wasn't being a mob boss or annoying throwing his weight around. I mistook him for a different character.

If Jax brought up Nik when Kate was the one who was really closer to him, it's another anvil of Nik's return.  It would also distract Laura and Lulu from the divorce woes.

42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jax resented Nikolas for having an affair with his wife Courtney and so she didn't know who her baby's father was-no friendship there. He was, however, good friends with Kate Howard and brought up to Ava how she killed his friend as well as business associate Kate (by then she was "Connie") in cold blood, right there in the Crimson office. 

Plus, Morgan.  He thought of him like a son.  A really dim, dumb-as-a-rock son, but a son nonetheless.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 7/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, ulkis said:

Nothing against Emme, but she's just never been Lulu to me, so I'm really not interested in seeing her featured in a storyline. 

So because Billy Miller is leaving the show, they're going to rewrite Drew and Shiloh's history? So Shiloh is not only a sexual predator and cult leader, he's a war criminal too. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1