Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I can't believe I'm typing this, but Kristina looked lovely today and (aside from the one Sonny ass-kissing line) I liked how she stood up to/told off Shiloh when he decided to corner her at her workplace.

Aiden is super adorable on his own, but add his brothers to the mix and the excitement over his birthday gift from Cam, and the cute moment with Willow, and I'm just all melty inside.   

Shut up, Lulu. Only she would wish for his return when he just shot someone!! It is wrong that I laughed at her horror/despair that Dante sent her divorce papers. 

Some of you called it, re: Ryan taunting Jordan that he is a part of her now.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shut up, Lulu. Only she would wish for his return when he just shot someone!! It is wrong that I laughed at her horror/despair that Dante sent her divorce papers. 

It was just Peter though! 😉

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shut up, Lulu

You know, back in the day, you could always have hope that an actor would leave soaps for other opportunities, however insignificant, and now it’s 2019 and these people have to support their families with something and it’s a tough pill to swallow realizing they’re never leaving by choice. 😑

I don't get why they keep her. They don't want to write for Lulu. You can't tell me FV is nervous about writing off Emme Rylan. Maybe FV has some actor he wants to stick with Lulu but I have my doubts.

• Love 2

So Harmony bites the dust? 

I'm jealous of her skin and the Obrecht actress and KMo's skin. These women look so good and fresh-faced without the full on makeup.

I like how FV is all excited about Drew and Jason sharing scenes that lasted longer than 15 seconds. Them not being in each others' orbit is on him and the writers, so he can go away now.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't get why they keep her. They don't want to write for Lulu. You can't tell me FV is nervous about writing off Emme Rylan. Maybe FV has some actor he wants to stick with Lulu but I have my doubts.

I figured it was something like LLC where they like the actress despite having no interest in giving them a real story. But it’s strange that they left her on contract for what she’s been doing. I know the actress came from Y&R but it doesn’t seem like they’re in danger of her going back

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I like how FV is all excited about Drew and Jason sharing scenes that lasted longer than 15 seconds. Them not being in each others' orbit is on him and the writers, so he can go away now.

I find the excitement hilarious because BM and SB sat across from each other like two kids who have agreed to eat lunch at the same table and bond over a mutual enemy because the teacher has threatened to give them an F if they don't try to get along.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

There are very few Spencers left on the show, just as there are very few Quartermaines so I'm good with Lulu just on the fringes. Maybe with this divorce they will finally find something for her  to do again.

Just when I think I've had as much Jason as I can take, he shows up as Drew in the flashback.

Is prisons for both men and women an American thing?

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

I can totally see Michael having an immaculate softball uniform, but Mac and Chase should have been playing in sweats (JMO)

We played in jeans. I've been on 3 workplace softball teams and none of them had uniforms. We were luck if we had jerseys.

On the other hand, Michael strikes me as the kind of person who would buy his team uniforms to show what a caring boss he is.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Just when I think I've had as much Jason as I can take, he shows up as Drew in the flashback.

I know! BM can't even play those beats in his own story which is annoying.

Drew must be grateful he has a new face or else he might worried he'd look like Jason in a decade. SBu is looking rough.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know! BM can't even play those beats in his own story which is annoying.

Drew must be grateful he has a new face or else he might worried he'd look like Jason in a decade. SBu is looking rough. 

Maybe that's why they rarely share scenes or even pretend like the other exists. There's no way to pass BM and SBu off as twins.

• Love 3

The fake brotherhood between Jason and Drew was made all the worse by their discussion of that damned flashdrive. It's been what, like almost two years, since we first learned of that thing, and the show persists in occasionally bringing it up with zero payoff, as if its mere existence is somehow tantalizing enough on its own. And now we actually get a glimpse of Drew's missing years but it's through Shiloh instead. Maybe I should just quit complaining and enjoy the laugh of Steve Burton, looking very much the late-forties man he is, having to play Drew from sixteen years ago.

Good for Ryan that he got a chance to tell Curtis he knows exactly how Curtis conspired to steal Ryan's kidney. Jordan doesn't deserve his psychological manipulation but I don't have a problem with Ryan calling Curtis out on the crime he helped commit.

I'm actually a little sad that this is how Dante and Lulu are ending: him off-screen, broken and unstable, leaving her heartbroken. Dante and Lulu were falling in love at the beginning of my GH viewership, and despite the recast and the cheating and their backburner status, I still wanted them together. If the show wasn't willing to write the characters off together, then I wish they had planned a more complete, sound resolution instead of this perfunctory effort.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No, I think FV just keeps around the actors that he likes and doesn’t mind keeping employed. He’s not thinking about story or character relevancy...ever.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I figured it was something like LLC where they like the actress despite having no interest in giving them a real story. But it’s strange that they left her on contract for what she’s been doing. I know the actress came from Y&R but it doesn’t seem like they’re in danger of her going back

I suspect some major lowballing went on. She moved right around the time she renewed her contract. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

The fake brotherhood between Jason and Drew was made all the worse by their discussion of that damned flashdrive. It's been what, like almost two years, since we first learned of that thing, and the show persists in occasionally bringing it up with zero payoff, as if its mere existence is somehow tantalizing enough on its own. And now we actually get a glimpse of Drew's missing years but it's through Shiloh instead. Maybe I should just quit complaining and enjoy the laugh of Steve Burton, looking very much the late-forties man he is, having to play Drew from sixteen years ago.

Good for Ryan that he got a chance to tell Curtis he knows exactly how Curtis conspired to steal Ryan's kidney. Jordan doesn't deserve his psychological manipulation but I don't have a problem with Ryan calling Curtis out on the crime he helped commit.

I'm actually a little sad that this is how Dante and Lulu are ending: him off-screen, broken and unstable, leaving her heartbroken. Dante and Lulu were falling in love at the beginning of my GH viewership, and despite the recast and the cheating and their backburner status, I still wanted them together. If the show wasn't willing to write the characters off together, then I wish they had planned a more complete, sound resolution instead of this perfunctory effort.

Honestly, I don't see how else better they could do it besides this besides recasting Dante, which, what would be the point, or writing her off. I don't want them to kill him off so this for me was probably the best route they could take if they insist on having Lulu around for no reason. That's soaps for you.

5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Hmm. Sounds familiar! @ulkis

Pfft, I'm sure he has a cot and three hot meals. Maybe the WSB threw in a snuggie too!

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Pfft, I'm sure he has a cot and three hot means. Maybe the WSB threw in a snuggie too!

Don’t worry, Lulu and the kids will forget about him in 2 months.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There are very few Spencers left on the show, just as there are very few Quartermaines so I'm good with Lulu just on the fringes.

I want Lulu on the show as a character who reminds us through behavior that she's a Spencer, and why she values what she values. For example, a conversation with Laura where she says "It was hard for me to grow up into my teenage years without a real family under one roof, and I want that more than anything now. That's why I've struggled with Valentin over custody of Charlotte,  and why it's so hard being without Dante."  

Then I would empathize with Lulu, that she had more or less reached a place in her life where she had a happy family life and then it was gone, versus acting like he just has some minor mental health issues and went away because he wanted to be alone instead of being a family man.  Lulu should have some in-depth conversations with her mom about what they both missed out on when she was growing up such as time with each other and with her brothers, rather than the idiotic, foundation-less (given her background) "I'm a superstar professional reporter" storyline. Lulu should have a career too, but one that makes sense for who she is. I believe Elizabeth is a nurse because she has a compassionate personality for people who are suffering, and her grandparents were well known at GH. I believe Maxie is a fashion editor because she's been into fashion since she was a teenager and she has the type of scheming personality that can be beneficial in the publishing world.  On the other hand, I don't think I recall Lulu ever even reading a newspaper or magazine before she got the job with Peter.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I know the actress came from Y&R but it doesn’t seem like they’re in danger of her going back

yeah not happening. Melissa Ordway is doing great as Abby and she looks more like Ashley's daughter. I'd have a really hard time seeing ER in Abby's current story.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There are very few Spencers left on the show, just as there are very few Quartermaines so I'm good with Lulu just on the fringes. Maybe with this divorce they will finally find something for her  to do again.

If they were serious about giving her a meaty story they'd recast. They're okay with semi-competent but likable ER to be along the sidelines.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Don’t worry, Lulu and the kids will forget about him in 2 months.

I don't need scenes of Sonny shaming Lulu "how could you forget about my son in 2 months ... well, I can forgive if you are there for Dante's baby brother."  (Not spoiler, just assumption that since Morgan is still dead at the moment and Dante is out of Port Charles indefinitely, Carly & Sonny's spawn must be a boy.)

For a supposed social pariah, Aiden sure had a nice turnout at his birthday party.

Cameron's gift was so adorable.

14 minutes ago, Linny said:

Same here. I love it when Ryan needles (heh) anyone. JL is so good at it.

3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I want Lulu on the show as a character who reminds us through behavior that she's a Spencer, and why she values what she values.

The show has no interest in these sorts of beats for anyone, which is so dumb because that's one of the strong points of soaps. But not this fakakta show.

Can't Drew look at the hard drive without it affecting his current memories, or does it have to be downloaded into him to get access?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Can't Drew look at the hard drive without it affecting his current memories, or does it have to be downloaded into him to get access?

It has to be put inside his head, and then he's going to lose all the memories that he's formed since then like Oscar and Baby Scout

Scientifically, makes no sense at all.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Scientifically, makes no sense at all.

I can't believe you used the word scientifically for this.

Remember how Sam gave birth through her pants? And there was a time when every person who was shot in the arm or the back or the leg or the ass had to get brain surgery.

I actually just got my answer about the stupidity of the characters. Patrick was giving them lobotomies.

Charlotte is an obnoxious child even when she's being nice. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am really surprised Julexis never reunited. I thought for sure once de Vry was signed back on it would be a go eventually. Frank Valentini, you diabolical, uh, mediocremind.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Finally, it's time to get this moving.  It's a bad ending for that couple, but it's an ending, a character can't be handcuffed to someone who's off-screen and the show let this dangle for way too long.

She can mourn the death of her marriage, and do me a solid, by going out again with Brody Dustin.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

but it's an ending,

Is it? Or is it what Frank always does because he doesn’t actually know how to end something? Because characters are still dangling in this story. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's an ending enough that Lulu can be moved to another pairing and maybe actually do something soapy instead of being fiction's worst journalist.

Isn’t it the opposite of soapy to sign divorce papers and just move along to another pairing while pretending that her soon-to-be ex/father of her kids isn’t mentally disturbed in some way? If they want to do this, Dante should be recast.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why are you both doing this to me lol! Write her off. Brody should be Lucky. 

Here’s the order of options they should have attempted:

1. Bye, Lulu!

2. Recast Dante

3. Divorced Lante bc shit happens like that in life, especially after cheating episodes

Here’s what they shouldn’t have done:

1. LITERALLY REPEAT SCRUBS’ HORRIFIC STORY BY HAVING A CHARACTER SUFFER FROM PTSD & LEAVING SAID CHARACTER TO ROT WHILE ON-SCREEN CHARACTER ENTERS NEW CHEMISTRY-LESS PAIRING WITH TERRIBLE WRITING

Sorry, that was loud.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Charlotte is an obnoxious child even when she's being nice. 

The little girl is cute enough, but she is a very bad actress. She over does everything which makes the character seem as if she is being fake and overly saccharine in an attempt to hide something. Since no characters are giving pause or even side-eyeing her, I can only assume they aren't gong there with the character. Plus, I remember seeing her on some other show (maybe American Housewife?) and she wss just as over-the-top with the cutsie act.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I liked how she stood up to/told off Shiloh when he decided to corner her at her workplace.

Both Kristina and Harmony were amazing in telling him off, especially Harmony.  When she stood up and was in his face, I was cheering her on.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why couldn't they have had BM do the audio, so that you see SBu's face, which is what Drew's face would have looked like back then, but you'd hear Drew's voice.  So dumb.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why are you both doing this to me lol! Write her off. Brody should be Lucky. 

If they're ever allowed to interact I bet he'll have chemistry with Liz. Because I can't have nice things and FV is never going to let go of the fucking Franco character

• Love 5
5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Both Kristina and Harmony were amazing in telling him off, especially Harmony.  When she stood up and was in his face, I was cheering her on.  

I agree. I just wish both of their awakenings hadn't happened overnight. Kristina had one conversation with Willow, and she saw the light. Harmony had one conversation with Jason, and she saw the light, even though she was Shiloh's most devoted follower. From what I've read, un-brainwashing a cult member can take anywhere from a few months to several years.

And what is the end game for Shiloh? Are the writers are going to ever try to redeem him? The way he is presently written, he can't have a long future on the show.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:51 PM, TeeVee329 said:

YOU ARE MARRIED TO A FORMER SERIAL KILLER, LIZ!

Also, Liz, I haven't forgotten that you pushed Britt into the harbor, and that was in January! #teambritt

I remember someone questioned how the show could redeem Shiloh. Hell, they redeemed Franco, and he was a serial killer. Now he's treated as a pillar of Port Charles. And don't even get me started with how the show has canonized Sonny and Jason for years despite them being murderers.

7 hours ago, ulkis said:

Nothing against Emme, but she's just never been Lulu to me, so I'm really not interested in seeing her featured in a storyline. 

• Love 2

It's frustrating that it never occurs to Drew that his two big mysteries about his final days as a SEAL -- 1) What exactly went down with Shiloh; and 2) How did Drew come to be kidnapped and transferred to the evil lab -- just might be connected

• Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Blackie said:
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cameron's gift was so adorable.

what was it, I missed the show today  thx

Tickets to a taping of a show with a pastry chef that Aidan likes.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated typo
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Here’s what they shouldn’t have done:

1. LITERALLY REPEAT SCRUBS’ HORRIFIC STORY BY HAVING A CHARACTER SUFFER FROM PTSD & LEAVING SAID CHARACTER TO ROT WHILE ON-SCREEN CHARACTER ENTERS NEW CHEMISTRY-LESS PAIRING WITH TERRIBLE WRITING

Sorry, that was loud.

So very interesting (not to mention rage-inducing), that while this regime SHITS on Robin, they have no shame in using STEALING storylines from her character’s history to try and make...I don’t even know what the words are to explain/express to complete this sentence. But I’m sure you know what I mean.🤯🤯🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

• LOL 1

Except I do think ER has chemistry with Mark Lawson. In fact I liked them more in that brief scene than I did any of the Lante scenes since she was cast. If they insist on keeping her around she should at least be with someone who can make her laugh and smile. 

• Love 4