Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh, look, we get Valentin being a dick and trying to keep Charlotte from Lulu for an extended period. We haven't seen that in awhile.

I'm not a fan of Laura threatening Valentin with Sonny, though. Lulu needs to threaten him with taking him to court and then actually do it.

Edited by LexieLily
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 12:40 PM, YaddaYadda said:

It was a chance to see Shiloh prance into the Q living room and twinkle and smug all over the place. I wanted to reach into my screen and slap him.

Yeah, he very strongly reminds me of Sonny that way. He and Sonny could have a contest trying to out-smug each other; hopefully they would kill each other and we could all be done with both of them.

I really thought today that Sonny would accidentally call the Dev kid "Stone." I also saw a nice lack of respect for Carly when he was all "Nahh, go to the Metrocourt. Carly will hire you" because of course, what hotel owner wouldn't want a kid with pickpocket skills getting to know all of the hotel guests. So Jason gets to be a hero to Laura now too for stopping Dev? Uggghhh.

No matter all the excuses that will come forth, IMO that gunshot is forever Maxie's fault because she should have stayed outtttt of Dante and Lulu's business. 

I'm disappointed that Lucas and Michael didn't open the envelope and have a dramatic scene, or that Lucas didn't look down and freeze, eyes wide with shock,  upon unintentionally seeing important info on a corner or fold while tearing. However, Show made up for it slightly with the way Jax spoke to Hayden, Valentin and nuNina. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

So many of those head shots in the opening are so bad. I usually FF through it so I don't notice it as much as I did today watching live.

34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Madam Mayor dressed the way she is? No one said she needs to be wearing a DvF dress, but how about an effort? She is the mayor, splurge a bit.

I was thinking how badly they were dressing Laura, too. So what if GF isn't some sylph—there's no reason to put her in the Coldwater Canyon sale rack.

28 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

So Jason gets to be a hero to Laura now too for stopping Dev? Uggghhh.

It's also so Jason can once again tell Sonny that taking in Dev is wrong and not to trust him. Who will ultimately be right, Sonny or Jason? The suspense is so intense!

I really hate how everyone is ragging on Dante for having the nerve to get treatment for PTSD. How dare he want to get specialized attention so he doesn't accidentally shoot someone he loves! Gah.

That said, I kind of loved Jason thwarting Dev. Dev is such a punk.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Hey, Michael, remember your words about Wylie's genes not mattering when you find out who he really is.

Ha!  Get ready for the deluge of "my son, my son" dialogue.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I knew Maxie would make someone kill themselves someday.

Eh, we don't know at the moment that anybody actually died.  Can't say the same about Carly; I absolutely believe Pat Spencer chose to die instantly rather than meet Carly (during TG's retirement storyline). Hey, if I heard that voice and annoying laugh headed my way I would totally collapse and play dead (hoping for it to come true any second). 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nice timing that just as Shiloh is about to open the DNA results, Mac shows up to arrest him. Soapy.

Soooooo frustrating!!  I spent the entire time yelling at Lucas, Sam, Michael, anyone to open the stupid thing and read it.  I mean, if I couldn't have Shiloh and his stupid face as he read that he wasn't the father, I had hoped to at least have someone else find out.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What is this I'm hearing about stupid Oscar having screwed over the Q's from beyond the grave?

He left his voting shares to Shiloh.  But after the will was written he told MIchael and Jason that he wanted the shares to go to a foundation for kids in need (Kilimangaro Foundation) and that Jason was the executor of that new document.  alexis says the new document supercedes the original will, but Shiloh's not hearing it.  

• Love 1

Laura looked like she got her clothes from a thrift store under the guise of being undercover.  

Also, her threat to Valentin about Sonny was pathetic.  Valentin wasn't threatening her precious Lulu, nor did he push the custody issue.  Shut up, Laura.

Also, part two: why is arresting someone an event that warrants an audience?  Shut up, Sam.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh.  Stop doing stories about peoples' wills, Show, you're bad at them.

If this show stopped doing stories about topics it was bad at, the show would be canceled.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, her threat to Valentin about Sonny was pathetic.  Valentin wasn't threatening her precious Lulu, nor did he push the custody issue.  Shut up, Laura.

Ew, Laura used Sonny's name as a threat?  I freaking HATE when characters on this show do that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I didn't like her using Sonny as a threat but I have no issue with Laura getting in Valentin's face. Setting aside that he killed her son, while Valentin wasn't threatening Lulu he was being a dick with his pointed comments about Dante being gone and Lulu needing to work on her marriage. This from the guy currently lying to his fianceé about who her daughter is.

• Love 10

Dev is not endearing himself. He's going to be the next Oscar or the next Shiloh. The next character that gets shoved down our throats ad nauseum.

Maxie, I have no words. Except one. IDIOT.

Nina is so boring now that she belongs with Finn. She sure as hell doesn't deserve Jax.

This stupid DNA test that got thrown away will end up as the proof that can't be used since Michael ordered Lucas to get rid of it by whatever means necessary. Sam will be caught in the middle between her brother and her psuedo-brother. Jason will of course side with Michael. It might actually give them organic conflict, but I doubt it. They wouldn't dare do anything to mess with their precious snore of a pairing.

You know who isn't a snore of a couple? Willow and Chase. They were adorable at getting to finally be together, first the hug and then the kiss which they both went for. Love them.

I liked the whole Chase not knowing about Hayden, Hayden not knowing about Chase. It was kind of comical.

Not a terrible episode, but at least no Carly so that's always a plus.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Madam Mayor dressed the way she is? No one said she needs to be wearing a DvF dress, but how about an effort? She is the mayor, splurge a bit.

Her clothes are just awful lately. There's no excuse. They're fug.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ugh.  Stop doing stories about peoples' wills, Show, you're bad at them.

And while they're at it, stop doing stories about custody altogether. This show focuses too much on kids that are never even seen. Get back to the bedroom, people. And wear a freaking condom so you don't create said problem. Not the defective ones though.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Eh, we don't know at the moment that anybody actually died.

If I were writing, I'd make it that it was Dante who had a flashback, grabbed the gun and shot the agent (who deserved it for carrying a gun around a person with PTSD).  Explanation for why Dante can't return home  - he's too dangerous and remains off-screen.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

So many of those head shots in the opening are so bad. I usually FF through it so I don't notice it as much as I did today watching live.

What struck me watching that was how many of the actors had blue eyes. In the quick pass-through, I counted two-thirds of the actors had blue eyes while in the actual US population, it's only about 17%. Diverse this show isn't.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The only way Dev works for me is if he is an undercover WSB agent embedded in the Corinthos vortex of hell to gain info on their practices and build an international criminal case. But of course that would require a much better actor and more creative writers.

One of the few encouraging reasons to watch this show is the frequent appearances of the Scorpios and Curtis in suits. Also Drew with or without clothes. (I would include Jax but some half remembered old IR business keeps .me from fully enjoying him).

Ava looked nice this week, hairstyle and lovely white blouse.

Maxie and Lulu have once again turned up the stupid ans Son of Faison trailing around after Maxie like he's brain dead isn't helping.

I like Hayden. I hope she doesn't wimp out. I want her to be 'take no prisoners' like Tracy was.

I enjoy Chase and Willow and would like them to get past this

DoD baby drama soon.

Anytime Jason acts like he has cognitive abilities is a big disconnect for me because for so long he was like Hodor only less pleasant.

So, shall we play 'Who's Gonna Kill Shiloh?'. I saw a nomination for Harmony. Today I'm voting for Jordan because: a) unexpected b) wouldn't be a loss c)eventually frees up Curtis to love again. Any other nominees?

I'm happy they created something for Robert to do but I think he would've made a better hospital administrator like Dan Rooney was thereby placing more emphasis on hospital doings and less on inept law enforcement activities. (Letting Hit man interview that woman is collusion of the worst kind).

How did Shiloh know when, where, and why to show up for the will foolishness if Alexis didn't know about the bequest?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, paisley said:

How did Shiloh know when, where, and why to show up for the will foolishness if Alexis didn't know about the bequest?

Alexis said that she had been busy so her assistant did the arrangements for the reading of the will. Presumably said never-seen assistant didn't know that Shiloh was the spawn of the devil and invited him since he was in the will.

• LOL 1

Of course Lucas didn’t open the test results, because soap, but it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t want to.  Or that Michael and Sam wouldn’t try to convince him to. They don't know for sure that Shiloh’s the dad. Why not see if he’s lying? They don’t know Willow’s sexual history, either— for all they know, she could be mistaken. Knowledge is power, people. Don’t be dumb.

I just remembered another teen boy who annoyed me as much as Pebble: Rafe.  Why does this show suck so much at writing male adolescents?

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They are horrible!! Not a natural smile in the bunch. Everyone looks like they’re either in pain or psychotic. It astounds me that they wouldn’t all demand a do-over.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, paisley said:

One of the few encouraging reasons to watch this show is the frequent appearances of the Scorpios and Curtis in suits. Also Drew with or without clothes.

This is currently the only reason I am actually watching, meaning, I usually have the show on and am cooking or working or on my computer.  Suddenly, I am watching! 😀

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

This stupid DNA test that got thrown away will end up as the proof that can't be used since Michael ordered Lucas to get rid of it by whatever means necessary.

They threw away a piece of paper with results. It would be a super dumb plot point if that was the only documentation that existed. (Which likely means that's exactly what's going to happen.)

8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Explanation for why Dante can't return home  - he's too dangerous and remains off-screen.

He's got some nerve not getting well on Maxie's schedule!

16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or lulus. I really hope Sonny uses the one brain cell he has and tells her to leave it alone and let Dante heal on his own time. 

But speaking of maxie, previews show her telling Peter they have to get (I presume) the guard to gh. Because apparently there are no hospitals in Ithaca. 🙄

8 hours ago, paisley said:

The only way Dev works for me is if he is an undercover WSB agent embedded in the Corinthos vortex of hell to gain info on their practices and build an international criminal case. But of course that would require a much better actor and more creative writers.

Well Jason already doesn't like him, so you know, Jason is always right.

Maybe Sonny shoots Dev in the chest and finds another long lost son.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

But speaking of maxie, previews show her telling Peter they have to get (I presume) the guard to gh. Because apparently there are no hospitals in Ithaca. 🙄

Maxie and Peter said that they it took 1 1/2 hours to get there, so the shooting victim is going to be dead if Maxie insists on taking them to GH.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They threw away a piece of paper with results. It would be a super dumb plot point if that was the only documentation that existed. (Which likely means that's exactly what's going to happen.)

10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Either Michael or Sam mentioned that GH still had the results in their system since they ran the test. So there is nothing stopping Shiloh from getting another printed result.

So stupid. Read the  damn paper.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Either Michael or Sam mentioned that GH still had the results in their system since they ran the test. So there is nothing stopping Shiloh from getting another printed result.

Doesn't mean there won't be some inane plot point that once Shiloh got the results, the test was deleted from the system. I can see something like that happen, since this show loves that sort of thing.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Or lulus. I really hope Sonny uses the one brain cell he has and tells her to leave it alone and let Dante heal on his own time. 

Sonny will probably "my son, my son" overact all over the place, but in the end Dante won't be brought back because Dom wants no part of this trainwreck (that's my story anyway). 

Too bad during his last stint, he didn't actually 'complete the mission" and kill Lulu. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Soooooo frustrating!!  I spent the entire time yelling at Lucas, Sam, Michael, anyone to open the stupid thing and read it.  I mean, if I couldn't have Shiloh and his stupid face as he read that he wasn't the father, I had hoped to at least have someone else find out.  

I really thought it was going to move along at that point!  So typical of them to take the chance to NOT move things along!  

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Of course Lucas didn’t open the tst results, because soap, but it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t want to.  Or that Michael and Sam wouldn’t try to convince him to. They don't know for sure that Shiloh’s the dad. Why not see if he’s lying? They don’t know Willow’s sexual history, either— for all they know, she could be mistaken. Knowledge is power, people. Don’t be dumb.

12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I just remembered another teen boy who annoyed me as much as Pebble: Rafe.  Why does this show suck so much at writing male adolescents?

God, Rafe was so awful. I cheered the day he died. Oscar was just as bad, if not worse. And now this Aladdin-type pickpocketer who idolizes Sonny. THE WORST. The previous TJ was the only one that I liked and acted well so of course they let him get away.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Doesn't mean there won't be some inane plot point that once Shiloh got the results, the test was deleted from the system. I can see something like that happen, since this show loves that sort of thing.

Exactly. Those results from the system will most likely mysteriously go missing.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

And now this Aladdin-type pickpocketer who idolizes Sonny.

Yes, just what this show needs: another Sonny worshipper. 

Also, Sonny's a real asshole to just assume Carly will give him a job. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Of course Lucas didn’t open the test results, because soap, but it doesn’t make sense that he wouldn’t want to.

If he opens the envelope and reads it, it will make it real. I understand completely. (I still haven't looked at my mark on a course paper I handed in in April  because I'm afraid to look)

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, Sonny's a real asshole to just assume Carly will give him a job. 

And yet is he going to be wrong?

• Love 1
(edited)

Usually, casual for a soap opera woman character is a dress but GF looked like she just rolled out of bed. It was such a weird hobo on skid row look. I can understand if the role was of some out of towner in an under five role but this f’ing Genie Francis aka Laura Webber Baldwin Spencer (I cant type the rest...too lazy) and now the mayor. What the hell was that getup? I think she has put some of her weight back on and may have asked for very loose clothing or something. She looked so out of place in the Metro Court and on the show itself. Very odd. Let’s see what next week brings. 

Also, MB can’t act. It was hysterical in his scenes with Dev at the coffee shop booth. He started his lines and stopped and then stammered more and then he tapped his hands on the table and then said his line. I have never understood the fascination with him and that he’s a great actor. He can’t speak a line with stammering in between a sentence. Horrible!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 6

Ah, the often shown but never opened DNA results envelope. The Thursday/Friday tease, culminating with Shiloh's arrest BEFORE he could open them was entertaining.

TBH it was giving me PASSIONS flashbacks-- they could streeeeeeeeeetch out the opening of a significant envelope for over a week.

• LOL 1

GF looked like she just rolled out of bed.  It was such a weird hobo on skid row look. 

She can't be expected to be on call 24/7.  Laura was just rocking the upstate NY hippie/grunge look (at the Metro Court🙂). 

Hey, btw, I don't know if anyone caught the line today, but did y'all know Michael is Wiley's godfather and will protect him like his own?  I almost missed it because of the anvil crashing yet again on my head.

I would be rooting for Michael Quartermaine, but I am not for Michael Corinthos (and a grandson for Carson).  The only part of his story I might enjoy is if the writers address how Michael put his kid in danger by not waiting to confront/engage Nelle until after she delivered Jonah.

But speaking of maxie,

Sam's worse?

• LOL 3

Just got through last week's shows last night.

Did I miss it, or I don't recall anyone here saying that AJ got a POSITIVE shout out! At Eyeore's reading of the will, no less! And since I didn't give any blue dilly figgedity fucks about him when he was alive and fast forwarded all his scenes, did Michael actually talk about AJ in a positive matter?

And what a crock of shit that Shiloh just waltzes in to the mansion, as if he KNEW that Oscar had given his shares to him. What? Did Oscar tell him he was going to do it? And how did he know the will reading was that day? Yeah, Yeah, I should know better than to try to apply logic to this fakakta show. That whole thing was so ridiculous. Just like Alexis being shocked at Eyore's bequest to Shiloh, then a few scenes later, is all, you won't get it because he changed his mind and gave them to the Kilimanjaro Foundation. Or that when she drew up the fucking thing, she would have KNOWN who was given what.

And my eyes 🙄🙄so HARD they fell out when Drew got the glass that Eyeore STOLE as a bequest? I leave you the glass I stole from you. I hope you enjoy it.

Shut up, Bobbie.

Shut up, Liz.

SHUT UP CHASE. I mean, when did he become such a whiny twat? As a cop, he should KNOW that Justice isn't always served; that there are always roadblocks.  Then he gets his boxers in a twist because Finn didn't tell him about his past relationship with Hayden? Go find a binky and suck on it, Chase.

♥️💕♥️ROWR ♥️💕♥️to ♥️💕♥️Robert!Fucking!Scorpio!♥️💕♥️ in a suit and tie!

But, FUCK YOU, SHOW for letting the 'roid take over. And just what the fuck was that with Jason "showing" Robert and Mac that Harmony had proof.

Does Burton have blackmail material on Frank?

• Love 2
(edited)

Dev's arrival reminds me that "dark-haired teen/early-twenties wannabe-protégé" has been almost as much of a recurring male presence in Sonny's life as "dark-haired, 'complicated' love interest" has been a female one. Those scenes in which Sonny encouraged Dev to go to school but Dev was so insistent on coming to work for the organization, reminded me a lot of the days of VH-Juan and later Zander. Stone preceded those two, of course. Were there others?

It reminded me most specifically of Juan.  I may be influenced by knowledge that this actor sings and plays.  

I do think Ashton Arbab has more potential than the young man who played Oscar, and so far I'm enjoying Dev the character more (or minding him less, if we want to put it that way). I think when Arbab is more used to the soap grind, he might actually be good. If I'm going to have to put up with as much Josslyn as they're going to give us, I like the idea of a character who challenges her.    

I remember when Genie Francis came back this last time, she said she wasn't going to do it just for an anniversary walk-on, and she had made a favorable deal for herself story-wise. And she must have, because she's really been getting the Sonny/Carly treatment of being connected to everyone, everyone's talk-to. I wish she had also negotiated for better clothes.  

I liked the scenes for Dr. Michael Easton, Chase, and Rebecca Budig too. I'm really thrilled to have RB back. I was sorry to see her go in 2017, so I hope she sticks around long term.    

Mac being funny ("I see you've never had in-laws")! Intentionally! 

I don't think Michelle Stafford was necessarily playing Nina the way she was because she was bringing the crazy. When the character first appeared, sure, but for the recent era of happily married Nina, doting stepparent and new "parent," brilliant Crimson editor and taunter of schoolteachers, Nina has been intended to be in a stable period. Stafford is just so mannered and wired all the time that it read otherwise. I'm glad Cynthia Watros didn't watch tape and try to imitate the performance Stafford was giving, because love The Staff or hate her, she's inimitable. I don't have a doubt that when everything about Valentin and Sasha comes out, and if/when Nina implodes over it, Watros will play "over the edge" in her own way. So far, I like that piece of recasting. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

hose scenes in which Sonny encouraged Dev to go to school but Dev was so insistent on coming to work for the organization, reminded me a lot of the days of VH-Juan and later Zander. Stone preceded those two, of course.

Except Stone never wanted to work for Sonny's organization. He was just a gopher. At least, that's what I remember. He cleaned the bar/nightclub, and just ran harmless errands. Wasn't involved in "da biznezz."

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Did I miss it, or I don't recall anyone here saying that AJ got a POSITIVE shout out! At Eyeore's reading of the will, no less! And since I didn't give any blue dilly figgedity fucks about him when he was alive and fast forwarded all his scenes, did Michael actually talk about AJ in a positive matter?

And what a crock of shit that Shiloh just waltzes in to the mansion, as if he KNEW that Oscar had given his shares to him. What? Did Oscar tell him he was going to do it? And how did he know the will reading was that day?

A) I mentioned the AJ shout out. Michael apparently did speak to Oscar about AJ positively, regarding the dark room. However, that was off-screen along with all the rest of the bonding time Oscar supposedly spent with his Q family. The purpose of that specific shout out was for Michael to receive the black and white photo of himself holding Wylie, which Oscar had taken and developed without Michael's knowledge, put in a frame and then left in that box.  Because the writers want us all to have concussions from the anvil, and also to make extra sure we will never forget that Oscar was such a saint as he was dying.

B) Alexis said her (never before mentioned, and never seen) assistant had reached out to everyone mentioned in the will, so she wasn't sure who/how many people to expect. It is nonsense that Alexis would be shocked to see Shiloh's name in the will as she was reading it aloud to Oscar's family and friends.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Did I miss an episode where Lulu complained Dante wasn't getting better fast enough?

she's hinted at it a couple of times. And she definitely isn't happy about it. But until Laura forced the issue last week, she's been fairly quiet. Now all of a sudden she's running to Sonny to bring Dante home.

21 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

she's hinted at it a couple of times. And she definitely isn't happy about it. But until Laura forced the issue last week, she's been fairly quiet. Now all of a sudden she's running to Sonny to bring Dante home.

This storyline is just bad and everyone around Dante is being an asshole, starting with Maxie. 

I don't know, should Dante have held a gun to Lulu's head and threatened to blow her brains out for her to understand that he was in terrible shape? She saw the scars on his back which seem to indicate that he was tortured. 

Is DZ planning to return to his role or are they about to recast the role? And if Dante is still being deprogrammed, I think he should just kill Maxie for being such a busy body who thinks she knows better than everyone. He should take Peter out while he's at it. 

Sure, Lulu needs her husband and the children need Dante, but Dante needs help. He didn't leave because he wanted to. He left because he had to. Mental health issues are not a joke, but everyone's feelings are more important than Dante's.

These writers need to assess themselves. I get it's a soap, but we've had 2 sexual assault situations, 1 mental health issue situation and they don't seem to care about what they write at all. They're just pushing stories without any sort of forethought.

If Dante comes back, then I will actively root for him to start taking people out. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I mentioned the AJ shout out. Michael apparently did speak to Oscar about AJ positively, regarding the dark room. However, that was off-screen along with all the rest of the bonding time Oscar supposedly spent with his Q family.

Ah. How'd I miss that? And thanks for letting me know, that once again, any mention of AJ is offscreensville.

33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Alexis said her (never before mentioned, and never seen) assistant had reached out to everyone mentioned in the will, so she wasn't sure who/how many people to expect. It is nonsense that Alexis would be shocked to see Shiloh's name in the will as she was reading it aloud to Oscar's family and friends.

Even if her never seen or heard before assistant reached out to everyone mentioned, Alexis' shock that Shiloh was mentioned was bullshit, because SHE, if I'm not mistaken, drafted and executed the fucking will, and should have known who was getting what.

And EWWWWW. I just realized, Michael's sister and cousin were dating each other! Blech.Ptooey.

Shirtless Jax and Drew made up for it, though. And I'll sit at my table for one and say I loved Drew being all clean-shaven. Though by the time Kim drugged him and put him on the bed, that five o'clock shadow was in strong form!

• Love 1