Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, there you are Sonny, of course, you don't really care about giving Chachi a chance in life, you just want to groom him to become YOUR criminal.

Enough already with Oscar! For fuck's sake: Oscar's months of dying, Oscar's emancipation, Oscar's will shit, the very special episode where Oscar peers into the future of his loved ones, the vigil, the funeral (directed by Oscar), the mourning, the post death Oscar videos and sightings, the Oscar monument, Kim's hallucinations of Oscar, Oscar's will reading. MAKE IT STOP!! There have been legacy characters who didn't even get a proper fucking funeral and were forgotten in a week, but Oscar is treated like some iconic character we all loved and don't want to forget! 

• Love 20

Rowr, Robert Fucking! Scorpio in a suit. Thank you, Show.

I know Olivia is a soft touch anyway, but the way she was constantly on the verge of tears was ridiculous. Oscar wasn't her son.

What a bunch of junk Oscar left to everyone. Typical of a 15-year-old, but it doesn't merit the attention the show is giving this.

I like that Drew didn't let Kim off the hook for drugging and almost raping him. I understand why he didn't press charges, but it's good he told her in no uncertain terms she was wrong.

Jason's stink-eye toward Dev was hilarious, as was Sonny's face when Jason suggested he think about how Dev will fit in with everyone who lives with Sonny. Sonny was like, "They'll adjust! What's the big deal? They'll do what I want."

"Wiley is my nephew, and he's also my godson. That makes him family." What does this even mean?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know Olivia is a soft touch anyway, but the way she was constantly on the verge of tears was ridiculous. Oscar wasn't her son.

What a bunch of junk Oscar left to everyone. Typical of a 15-year-old, but it doesn't merit the attention the show is giving this.

I like that Drew didn't let Kim off the hook for drugging and almost raping him. I understand why he didn't press charges, but it's good he told her in no uncertain terms she was wrong.

Jason's stink-eye toward Dev was hilarious, as was Sonny's face when Jason suggested he think about how Dev will fit in with everyone who lives with Sonny. Sonny was like, "They'll adjust! What's the big deal? They'll do what I want."

"Wiley is my nephew, and he's also my godson. That makes him family." What does this even mean?

This reminds me of when Genius Morgan said Luke was 'technically [his] uncle'.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You know Sam when it comes to children. She has to constantly remind herself how she is related to them.

Exhibit A: Danny. 

Exhibit B: Scout.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It means that she either flubbed her line or the writers actually wrote that. Which I think they did because this is the sort of drivel they think viewers won't notice.

Actually, I liked Oscar's gift to Drew, not because of the gift itself, but because of what he said, that what he did was a violation of Drew's privacy. DID YOU HEAR THAT, KIM? VIOLATION OF PRIVACY. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

How is the will of a 16 year old dying from a brain tumor legal?  He is not a legal adult and the tumor could have impaired his judgement.  Alexis was his lawyer and she knew about Shilo and DoD shenanigans.  Why did she not let Oscar know or give the executor, Jason, about Oscar's intentions?  Jason would have helped Oscar make a better choice about better organizations to leave millions of dollars to.  He and Alexis could have helped Oscar to establish a charitable trust.

• Love 9

I don't buy Alexis being blindsided by the content of Oscar's will.   I doubt he would accept "assistants" working on his will, since Oscar demanded Alexis' personal attention 24/7.

Olivia:  What's good to wear to a will reading?  A red mini dress that's 3 sizes too tight. 

Kilimanjaro and the scattering of Oscar's ashes there has become the new "did you know Lulu had an abortion?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Olivia:  What's good to wear to a will reading?  A red mini dress that's 3 sizes too tight. 

I'm disappointed she didn't tell everyone as they walked thru the door that she had a baked ziti in the oven "for after."

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That she's an idiot?  Also amusing that she seems to want to put herself in danger/out on a limb for her "fahhhhhm-ly" of sisters (Kristina) and nephew/godsons, but her own kids never seem to be on her mind. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 7/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, dubbel zout said:

Kim is at Nina levels of baby-crazy. It's only a matter of time before she completely snaps and rips a baby out of its mother's womb. 

Carly’s?

On 7/9/2019 at 10:41 PM, tvgoddess said:

Although Finn is one of my least favorite characters, his disgust at giving Liesl CPR cracked me up.

I enjoyed the part where she came to and coughed up a bunch of water in his face.  

On 7/9/2019 at 10:55 PM, ByaNose said:

Once again, CW is a good actress but she’s all wrong for Nina or it might be the way it’s being written currently. I know people hated MS as Nina but she was written as nuts and now Nina is normal, boring & business like. 

I liked MS as Nina when she wasn’t being a total bitch. She had a loopy, off-kilter delivery that was often very funny. Makes me wonder if Nuna is actually being written differently or if it’s just a difference in acting style. Either way, she is very boring and CW needs to inject a little of the cray.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I don't buy Alexis being blindsided by the content of Oscar's will.   

Yeah, me either. She took a personal interest in him, she has no assistant that we’ve ever seen, and there’s no way she wouldn’t have read the will before filing it. I was also bugged by the way she had to flip the page to read Shiloh’s name, but when the scene resumed and she continued the sentence, she was reading from the bottom of the page, not the top. But those are the kinds of details that probably annoy only me. 

New guy looks like a Lego man. That is one seriously square jaw.

Oh look, Giant Plate of Moss has been exiled to the outdoor table. I was wondering where that went. So I guess it’s just a matter of time before Enormous Bowl of Lemons shows up in the kitchen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Enough already with Oscar! For fuck's sake: Oscar's months of dying, Oscar's emancipation, Oscar's will shit, the very special episode where Oscar peers into the future of his loved ones, the vigil, the funeral (directed by Oscar), the mourning, the post death Oscar videos and sightings, the Oscar monument, Kim's hallucinations of Oscar, Oscar's will reading. MAKE IT STOP!! There have been legacy characters who didn't even get a proper fucking funeral and were forgotten in a week, but Oscar is treated like some iconic character we all loved and don't want to forget! 

This, for the win. My better half is sick and tired of my saying with every Oscar-related scene “Jesus, this kid got a bigger sendoff than Jane (Tracy).” 

Just caught up on Monday and Tuesday. Where are they going with Stella’s DNA thing? New character coming or maybe establishing a tie to Trina?

Kudos for some reality today with Robert’s dismissal of Sam’s evidence gathering and Kim’s acknowledgement that her little stunt could (should) cost her her medical license. 

• Love 2

Anyone with a law degree, how can Oscar give away ELQ shares?  He's a minor, wouldn't a parent have to a proxy or something?  Plus, the fact that he didn't give them to his mother is just nuts.  I mean, I laughed when it went down, because giving them to Shiloh is super soapy, but after sleeping on it, it makes no sense.  

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Oh, there you are Sonny, of course, you don't really care about giving Chachi a chance in life, you just want to groom him to become YOUR criminal.

This is the ONLY Oscar I care about:

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Thank you for this. I was just coming here to ask if there were any sightings of Robert!

1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Anyone with a law degree, how can Oscar give away ELQ shares?  He's a minor, wouldn't a parent have to a proxy or something?  Plus, the fact that he didn't give them to his mother is just nuts.  I mean, I laughed when it went down, because giving them to Shiloh is super soapy, but after sleeping on it, it makes no sense.  

I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on teevee, but (and I say this knowing this show loves to retcon shit all the time) minors who have been given shares? Their parents are in control of said shares until they reach the age of majority or whatever age Edward said they had to be. I mean, like, on Original Recipe Dallas, after Jock died, JR would use John Ross's share to vote a certain way, because John Ross was a minor. Technically, Kim should be the one who decides what to do with those shares, because as next of kin, they would go to her? And unless Aaaaahskur was an emancipated minor, he couldn't have decreed who got what. And really, like that sad sack EEYORE even had the presence of mind to draft up a will during the months after learning he was dead teen walking?

But the way whatever lackwit wrote out how Edward divvied up the ELQ shares among the grandchildren, is so fucked up. So what happens if future unknown grand kids show up? Which adult has to give up his or her share so that the newfound grandchild can get theirs? 

And I hate this show for making me overthink this nonsense.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
Because THEY'RE is not the same thing as THEIR! STOOPID AUTOCORRECT!
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But the way whatever lackwit wrote out how Edward divvied up the ELQ shares among the grandchildren, is to fucked up. So what happens if future unknown grand kids show up? Which adult has to give up his or her share so that the newfound grandchild can get theirs? 

Yes, that has bothered me with all the new family members showing up and getting shares.  I would think that after the will had gone through probate, any future moneygrubbers, I mean newly found family members, would be out of luck.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

giving them to Shiloh is super soapy

I enjoyed the way he smugged his way into the living room. That actor is excellent at that.

42 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I would think that after the will had gone through probate, any future moneygrubbers, I mean newly found family members, would be out of luck.

It's the only Q story on autopilot: Someone new comes along and the squabble resumes. The writers can pull out old scripts and reuse all of that dialogue.

Oscar was bequeathing a bunch of junk except for the ELQ shares, so his "will" had no legal standing. As people have mentioned, he was a minor, so Kim legally should get his shares. But RL legalities have never stood in the way of a bad plot in this fakakta show.

• Love 4

I think* Oscar can give away the shares, because he did emancipate himself during the whole "I don't want treatment for my brain tumor" story. I don't remember clearly if he went through with the legal emancipation completely ( because who cares about Oscar?) but if he was an emancipated minor-- I thnk those shares were his to give away. 

*not a lawyer

@TVbitch wins the board this week, Chachi is the perfect name for this twit.

Also, I really wish they would get to the "Who Killed Shiloh?" murder mystery-- they're not gonna drag this out until November sweeps are they?  Besides, we all know there will be a few red herrings, but it's gonna be Harmony.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

It was a chance to see Shiloh prance into the Q living room and twinkle and smug all over the place. I wanted to reach into my screen and slap him.

The plot is stupid, albeit soapy as you say. What I want to know is who the fuck let him into the mansion. Did he just let himself in since there was no doorbell?

I don't even understand how Alexis was unaware of this or how Jason didn't raise a stink about it since his stupid ass was already knee deep in the Kristina storyline IIRC. 

Jason: It was Oscar's choice.

Me: Eat cyanide and die.

Anyone wants to wager that that's what he'll say, that it was Oscar's choice to give Shiloh the shares since this is his favorite chorus to sing. 

Shiloh needs to hire a bodyguard. The way this show keeps using him as the town's punching bag is ridiculous

I'm glad Harmony/Lorraine has finally seen the light about Shiloh, but I wish her awakening hadn't happened literally overnight and after she spoke to Jason. Speaking of Jason, what the hell is mobster doing helping interrogate an inmate? This show will stop at nothing to make Jason look like a saint.

• Love 8

Today's show is the reason why I don't care that Mac and Robert are in charge of the PCPD. They write them exactly as inept as the rest of the others that have lead the department. They should just let Sonny and Jason run it since they let them get away with all of their crimes and act like they are bringing everybody else to justice.

Eeyore was a pain in the ass when he was alive and is still a pain in Drew's ass in death. Never has a man ever needed to go back in time and wear a condom.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yes, Jason. Please show everyone how to do their jobs and interrogate Harmony. 

Why did he come back? Why?

While he has an active warrant out for his arrest.

Kim has that syringe to drug Drew at the party with her, she was prepared and she knew what she was doing. How do we know that wasn't how she made Oscar in the first place?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why was Harmony opening up to  him?! Is it the tee shirt?

UCG of the day: a giant dramatic drumbeat when the camera flashed to Kelly Monaco's completely expressionless face. 

Lord there were, what, 7 clips in the previews?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

UCG of the day: a giant dramatic drumbeat when the camera flashed to Kelly Monaco's completely expressionless face. 

Her face screams more "sad trombone" as a musical beat...

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Shiloh needs to hire a bodyguard. The way this show keeps using him as the town's punching bag is ridiculous

Yeah, but Michael shoving him off the chair the other day while Shiloh jumped off of it onto the floor was UCG.

• Love 2
(edited)

Re. ELQ shares: Why isn’t there a clause that sends them back into the pool when the holder croaks? With all the dying/ emerging heirs in that family, that would be an efficient way to recycle the shares.  Otherwise...yeah, I don’t know how they manage to keep funding new heirs. Original shares must be worth about .000001 their starting value by now.

Saw Chachi/Pebble in the previews for tomorrow.  Ugh. Not since Levi have I so wanted a new character to die a quick and painful death. He’s almost making me miss Oscar.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

The whole Harmony/Jason storylette is really obnoxious. 

Are these writers really going to sit here and tell me that Harmony loved this husband of hers? It's not like the reveal that Shiloh murdered him is such a big reveal to her. She knew that Carol didn't do anything because she was there and she didn't have access to the drugs. Shiloh is in lock up as a suspect, he asks to see the girl and all of a sudden, she's the one sitting in a cell while he goes on with his bad self. 

But Jason had to make her see the light and the error of her ways when even her daughter couldn't do that and she was ready to sell her grandson to the devil.

I really wonder, do they start their scripts with "Jason must be the hero, fill in the blanks?" Because fml, what do we need any other characters for? 

Shiloh, get up, Drew didn't even shove you hard enough for you to go flailing like that to the ground.

• Love 5

You practically have to give a DNA sample to get into Sonny's house but  anyone can just walk into the Quartermaine mansion.

But what I can't believe is that Alexis, the lawyer who made Oscar's will official, did't read it until she read it out loud at Monica's. She would have had to have read it to authorize it in the first place and anyone as neurotic as Alexis would have refreshed her  memory by re-reading it before she would have to do it in public.

I never cared for Sad Sack Oscar but he was 100x better than Chiachi.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But what I can't believe is that Alexis, the lawyer who made Oscar's will official, did't read it until she read it out loud at Monica's. She would have had to have read it to authorize it in the first place and anyone as neurotic as Alexis would have refreshed her  memory by re-reading it before she would have to do it in public.

Meanwhile Jason and Diane are working only Oscar's real last wishes with Kilimanjaro group but Alexis had nothing to do with it.  Does this mean that they get the ELQ shares? 

• Love 1

Oh, friends. Please stop trying to make sense of this Oscar will thing. There are no attorneys, doctors, psychiatrists or regular human beings who can make any kind of sense of this story. Or any other story on this show. Suspend your brains.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

WHAT MINOR EVEN HAS A NEED FOR A WILL WHEN THERE SEE NO FAMILY ISSUES? Sorry for the shout but everything involving Oscar has been annoying since day 1. His true love storyline with Joss was annoying, especially since they showed her having feelings for Cam, too. His mom hiding his condition for years was annoying. Making him a Quartermaine was annoying. His reason for breaking up with Joss was annoying. His illness was annoying. His joining the cult in an attempt to be emancipated was annoying. His death was annoying. And now all of this is annoying.

But, his crying that baby cry in Kim's crazy dream was pretty unintentionally hilarious, so there's that.

• Love 8

I love how Chase acts as if Willow is doing hard time. She's in the PCPD lockup. It couldn't be easier as far as jail time goes. IRL (hahahahahahahahaha), she'd get sprung if it were obvious she wasn't going to talk, which she likely won't.

Of course Jason took charge of the questioning of Harmony. He's been arrested/interrogated enough himself to know the drill. As he admitted. Heh.

I like that they didn't have Lucas fly off the handle when Shiloh told him to get Wiley's stuff ready so Shiloh could pick him up.

Otherwise, what snore of an episode.

• Love 2

Did you guys know that Jason will eventually be responsible for bringing world peace? He's able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, he's a bird, he's a plane, he's SUPER JASON! Ugh. Damn you Show. I hate him. And Shiloh's smug, as bad as it is, doesn't cancel it out.

I really like the Harmony actress. Too lazy to look up her name, but she's believable and committed. I also like that she looks like Willow. Speaking of Willow, she is gorgeous without makeup. I could only dream to look as good as she does in jail.

Liesl is continuing to crack me up. She's just the right amount of comedic balance we need right now. "I'm a big personality". Heh.

I couldn't care less about Oscar and his ELQ shares.

Sam is annoying beyond belief with her Jason obsession.

Love how Hayden thought that donuts were going to make up for the hospital staff being pissed at her. It is sweet that she and Elizabeth seem to be getting along. Not sure how long that will last.

The idea that both Anna and Hayden, two attractive, intelligent, sexy females would both go gaga for Finn and his ridiculous shiny vests is beyond me. Both of them could do so much better.

• Love 5

Jason interrogating Harmony like he's fucking Perry Mason still has me steaming.   Robert, the actual D.A., stood there like a dolt and let him happen--nevermind the fact that questioning should've been done in an interrogation room with Jason and his trained seal, aka Sam, nowhere around it.

Speaking of her, why did Sam act so shocked by what Harmony said?  She's been mumbling all of that around town for months. 

Hey, btw, I don't know if anyone caught the line today, but did y'all know Michael is Wiley's godfather and will protect him like his own?  I almost missed it because of the anvil crashing yet again on my head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I LOVED seeing Lucas calm, self-assured and giving Shiloh a "WTF ever" vibe when he was gloating about the DNA test and saying that Lucas and Brad would be forced to turn Wiley over to him any moment now.   

Lucas was a nice contrast to the bullshit scenes of Jason-the-hitman/fugitive-now-attorney-at-law, and all the drama at the Q mansion. Although I really enjoyed Monica telling Shiloh he doesn't speak for her late grandson, and to get out of her house. 

Did I hear correctly, Hayden told Finn that Jax wants to marry her? Funny, he hasn't said one word about her on-screen to his daughter/#1 priority, Josslyn. And that was one lame-ass apology for dumping Finn in a letter and running away pregnant.  I also don't buy the "I've missed you" garbage between Elizabeth and Hayden. Is the show trying to re-write history like these two had a Liz & Emily type closeness? Ugh. 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Did I hear correctly, Hayden told Finn that Jax wants to marry her?

No, she didn't say anything even close to that. She invited Finn and Anna to have dinner with her and Jax. Then she talked about how she was in Rome, she missed Finn so she reached out. He didn't, she went on. Met Jax on a project and now they're sort of "dating". Nowhere in any of the conversation was the word marriage stated.

• Love 1

I also think that she is acting distant with Finn because how things ended between them after her past came back to haunt her. Since she knows that Finn is now engaged with Anna, she is not trying to act needy or wanting Finn back.

The sort of spoke things through mostly. Their child is the ticking bomb that has to be revealed.

• Love 1

As of right now, it's an extended visit (several months). Just for the time that Finola is gone. Personally, I hope it's longer than that but I'm not known for getting my way on these things.

If she's not sticking around permanently, I hope she causes as much chaos as possible and reverts back to the fun, truth-telling Hayden the way she was the first time around. I really disliked the boring, watered-down version she was when she left. And then again, she really works better with Nik, but that's water under the bridge.

• Love 1
On 7/10/2019 at 7:44 PM, TVbitch said:

I totally agree. Gail was on the show for decades, and she got one episode devoted to her. Yet Oscar who was on the show for less than two years has been talked about non-stop for months.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Bringonthedrama said:

Correct. Today Drew said "without my consent" to Kim. I assume Show will not allow any character to say "attempted rape" because Drew is not a woman.  I liked that at least Drew is genuinely angry with/appalled by Kim's actions instead of saying it's okay, don't worry about it, just get help.

As usual, Cam is awesome. The best part of the episode for me was that Monica's face went from "oh cool" to "oh damn" when Cam clarified that his Aunt Hayden, not Aunt Sarah, has returned to Port Charles.  Cam's tears when Alexis gave him the keys from Oscar, and then him comforting Josslyn, also pulled at my heart strings. I knew from the horrified look at the end, before she actually read it aloud, that Alexis was seeing Shiloh's name. 

I was SHOCKED to hear an AJ mention, but then Show lost credit for that as I was rolling my eyes that of course Oscar left Michael a photo he took of Michael holding Wylie. 

I want to know who the hell Sam thinks she is trying to tell Robert Scorpio what to do and giving him bitch face. The only good thing about Sam is the camera showed she has pretty, shiny hair.

It's sad, but not a surprise, that the brain damaged hit man is more concerned for the safety of Sonny's children and stepdaughter than Sonny is ... because Sonny only cares about Sonny's business and how he can benefit from Dev's skills.

I don't like the double standards this show has applied to attempted rape either. What Kim did to Drew was no different than what Shiloh did to Sam.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I don't like the double standards this show has applied to attempted rape either. What Kim did to Drew was no different than what Shiloh did to Sam.

No, it really isn't, but the show doesn't care. They wrote something heavy and intense in their story and I'm assuming that it's essentially dropped.

Last week on B&B, one of the characters was drugged and ended up having sex with someone because his inhibitions were lowered. The levels of gross were off the charts. 

I wish the writers would let go of this trope. It's been done to death and I don't think anyone wants to see a man or a woman drugged and then assaulted. Just stop, writers, especially if your rapist never has to pay for his actions.

Instead of being trialed and sent to jail, they are rewarded with brain tumors, marriages, children and people who tell them they are proud of them. GH has a nasty history when it comes to this, starting with Luke.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Not exactly.... Scammy knew Shank was gonna drug her, brand her, and try to have sex with her........... and her response was sign me up!  Drew was an innocent victim.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Hey, btw, I don't know if anyone caught the line today, but did y'all know Michael is Wiley's godfather and will protect him like his own?  I almost missed it because of the anvil crashing yet again on my head.

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thanks for tagging me so I could see this. Such fun! 

I took a peak in here and I'm seeing that Hayden is back and apparently Mark Lawson is on? I might have to casually start watching again.

Yes and yes.

• Love 2

If Sonny is claustrophobic, why is the door to his office closed as he's working? I'm less claustrophobic then they are making him out to be and I can't stand working in a room with a closed door

Isn't Jason amazing!  He's brought Harmony back as mom to Willow after all these years!  Okay, catching Dev about to steal Laura's money brought me a smile.

Nice timing that just as Shiloh is about to open the DNA results, Mac shows up to arrest him. Soapy.

On the other hand Laura using Sonny to threaten the biggest baddest Cassadine that even Helena was afraid of? Just no.  Also, Michael is an idiot. How is he an effective CEO of ELQ?

Hey WSB?  PTSD pro-tip: seeing a gun can trigger flashbacks. If Dante is that programmed, he might use it to attack the agent.  This whole storyline is dreadful and I think it's only around to give LWBF something to do. There is no point to him on the show at all. It's not like anyone in Port Charles cares about that yellow journalism rag.

I hate Dev, he is such a Gary Stu. No 15-year old would use the phrase "full survival mode."

6 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I see a gulf of difference between what Kim did and what Shiloh has been doing for years.  Kim was in a near psychotic state from grief and wanted to re-create Oscar They've been showing for weeks that she's becoming increasingly unstable mentally and that plan tipped her over the edge. She's already horrified that she did it.

On the other hand, the only mental health label you can put on Shiloh is malignant narcissist. He knew exactly what he was doing and deliberately lied to women for years to get a sex ring for himself.

• Love 5