Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

These teens are awful except Trina. Keep her and dump the rest.

Well, I do like Cam, but I'd rather see him with Trina than Joss. I didn't like the first Trina but I really like this new and improved Trina. She's more fun than Joss, isn't connected to Sonny (yet, that we know of) and I like the banter she has with Cam.

It just occurred to me, they're going to make Trina related to Stella aren't they? Because, you know, these writers always have to look for the easiest way out and they just mentioned the Ancestry.com-soap-opera-version.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I want the summer teen story to be about Cameron and Trina.  Go away, Joss and Dev.

Agreed! I really love the actress playing Trina, and I think she and Cam have chemistry. I want her involved more.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And the thing with Mike's cousin was also gross. Whoever mentioned Sonny's habit of threatening people he wants a favor from was spot on. I applaud the cousin for shaking down Sonny for more money, though. 

Yeah, could someone clarify this for me?  Sonny met up with his cousin or Mike's cousin or something, someone we've never heard of?  And demanded that she tell a lie about her dead soldier son having fathered a child so he can fraudulently keep Stone slash Oscar 2.0 in the country?  And then the show presented her as villainous because she wanted money for this from him?  Is that right?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

Did Sam pick up her waitress ~disguise from Cons R Us?  Great that they had the  exact uniform, right down to the stitching.  Bonus points for acting like a cliche from the '80's with frosted lipstick and hoop earrings.  All that she was missing was chewing gum.

I do not care about Joss's love life.

Stephen A Smith is just as annoying on GH as on ESPN.

As per usual, Sonny is a dick.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, could someone clarify this for me?  Sonny met up with his cousin or Mike's cousin or something, someone we've never heard of?  And demanded that she tell a lie about her dead soldier son having fathered a child so he can fraudulently keep Stone slash Oscar 2.0 in the country?  And then the show presented her as villainous because she wanted money for this from him?  Is that right?

Yes, this is right. The cousin said things better be airtight because she doesn't want to go to jail, and Sonny had the nerve to threaten her not to squeal on him.  Which just made me like Gladys (!) all the more for asking for additional dough. 

• Love 6
(edited)
38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If Willow was initiated into DoD the time-frame that her dad died, in 2014, and Wiley was born in 2018, does that mean Shiloh has been raping Willow for four years?

Willow has said that Shiloh wanted/preferred her more than her mother and her mother was jealous, implying Shiloh had been raping Willow from 2014 until she ran away in late 2017/early 2018 when she discovered she was pregnant (Willow and Harmony had a scene where Harmony mentioned a positive pregnancy test left behind at DoD).  In several scenes she has spoken of Shiloh manipulating her/others into thinking it was an honor to be with him. She has yet to say "rape," I assume because a) she can't stand to think of herself as a 'rape victim' or b) in her mind rape is defined as a violent attack where screaming "No!" is ignored.  I wonder if it's a combination of the two because she feels ashamed that he was able to manipulate her, and because she thinks it was probably not rape since she was conscious and didn't say no or try to stop him. (However, I believe a lawyer would compare her experience to a woman being drunk or drugged without her consent in what she thought was a safe environment, then being too out of it to consent to sex.)

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Willow can't convince her mother that Shiloh is scum. Enter Jason. No one can underestimate the power of the Jason. I wonder how much money they had to shell for SBu to squeeze into a suit.

I rue the day he came back. Y&R have been bringing back a shit ton of characters. Maybe he can go back there.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, this is right. The cousin said things better be airtight because she doesn't want to go to jail, and Sonny had the nerve to threaten her not to squeal on him.  Which just made me like Gladys (!) all the more for asking for additional dough. 

I know I shouldn’t whine complain about this, but isn’t Gladys (And WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD Mel Harris agree to appear on this crapfest?!!) an aunt or if one wants to get technical, a second or third cousin of Mooby, considering she’s a cousin to his fucking father? NIIIIIICE, threatening family.

But yeah, I was 😆😆🤣🤣 when she asked for more 💰💵💵💵 from Mooby.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

I like Alexis and Dr. Byrne together. He is such a find and such a good actor. I would love a doctor like him. Not that I need one......really.....I don’t.

I’m a little over the Joss and Dev bickersons routine. Aren’t they a little old to be acting like 12 year olds? I think Eden McDoy is a good actress but the whole bit is sooooo annoying. 

• Love 4
On 7/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, avocadohead said:

I never again want to see a GH fan talk about how much exposure Sabrina got after seeing what they are doing with Willow now. Sabrina at least had vets in her storylines, Willow’s connections are a parade of newbies except Michael and Lucas.

I find Willow to be a far more interesting character than Sabrina ever was. Sabrina was way too saccharine for my liking.

• Love 8

I'm so ready for the who killed Shiloh summer mystery. They need to put the pedal to the metal on the DoD/Wylie stuff because it's poorly written and excruciating. 

Yes yes yes to more Trina, Trina/Cam and much less Joss and Dev. Trina and Cam have a nice easygoing approach to acting that their contemporaries lack.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know I shouldn’t whine complain about this, but isn’t Gladys (And WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD Mel Harris agree to appear on this crapfest?!!) an aunt or if one wants to get technical, a second or third cousin of Mooby, considering she’s a cousin to his fucking father? NIIIIIICE, threatening family.

That was Mel Harris???  No wonder she could act rings around MB.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He is in fact, not her friend. He is her therapist. She needs to remember that.

As does he. No more sessions over lunch at the Metro Court. Keep those boundaries firm.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Chips are a bio-hazard to pregnant women. It is known.

This is Carly's tenth pregnancy (it feels like it is). She knows what's up but of course she has to be patronized by the dumbasses around her. She's not eating out, she knows what she's putting in her food. A bag of chips or a slice of frozen pizza every now and again is not going to kill her. Just leave her be. 

I think the worst part in all of this is that all this whinging over her eating habits hasn't stopped her kid from having this health issue. So they can take their food plot and stick it. 

This is the second time that I remember them bringing up a woman's eating habits during pregnancy. I remember McBoring dogging Sam when she was pregnant with Danny because she was eating Cheetos. 

The writers started hitting the eating stuff hard because of her stroke risk, so I can certainly see why her family don't want her to have high-sodium foods. But a little reminder about this context would not go amiss in those scenes.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But yeah, I was 😆😆🤣🤣 when she asked for more 💰💵💵💵 from Mooby.

Oh my God -- that was Mel Harris? She didn't look remotely familiar to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm finding Dev to be the most annoying new character I've seen in a long time.  I can't figure out exactly why.  Bad acting? Miraculous accent change?  The fact that he tries so hard to be a rebel but he is still somehow just as boring as Oscar?  I am not looking forward to the Joss/Dev summertime romance being shoved down our throats.

Seeing Jason Morgan cleaned up a bit reminded me of Jason Quartermaine, and my ongoing hope that Jason might still someday go back to that.

Speaking of suits, I can't wait to see Robert in one as DA.

Random note but I liked that Carol's dog is named Jeremy.  That's cute.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The writers started hitting the eating stuff hard because of her stroke risk, so I can certainly see why her family don't want her to have high-sodium foods. But a little reminder about this context would not go amiss in those scenes.

No, it wouldn't and they can stop treating her like a child when it comes to that while they're at it. 

Joining the little chorus of voices, Cam/Trina hella better than whatever is going on with Joss/Dev. Trina 2.0 is hella better than the original one that's for sure.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

All we heard about when Carly was first pregnant was how she could stroke out from all the stress. I, for one, am glad that's been backburnered a bit. It was never going to happen—not even a very mild one—so stop teasing me, Show.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

All we heard about when Carly was first pregnant was how she could stroke out from all the stress. I, for one, am glad that's been backburnered a bit. It was never going to happen—not even a very mild one—so stop teasing me, Show.

God, for real.  We already dealt with this when she was pregnant with Josslyn and she gave birth in a cabin with zero medical equipment around and up and bitching out the world within a couple days, so let's just drop the "Carly's life is in danger" schtick because that woman and cockroaches will be the last things standing.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Here's a thought. How about Cam and Dev decide they are both into Trina, and Joss can just take a back seat. 

I've been in therapy off and on for 25 years and the best therapists I've had shared personal info and experiences with me that related to my issues. It is not some totally taboo thing. It is considered helpful to the client when done in the right way. But it is the therapist's choice to do so.

If she and the therapist end up getting it on, now THAT will be totally inappropriate. 

I cannot stand stuttering, sheepish Alexis. She only does it when she is into somebody. She used to do it around Julian, but now she interacts with him like an adult woman.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

I'm finding Dev to be the most annoying new character I've seen in a long time.  I can't figure out exactly why.  Bad acting? Miraculous accent change?  The fact that he tries so hard to be a rebel but he is still somehow just as boring as Oscar?  I am not looking forward to the Joss/Dev summertime romance being shoved down our throats

He manages to be white bread in spite of his background and he's as annoyingly intrusive into everyone's business as Carly is. Plus, they're pushing the "enemies to romance" with Joss far too hard.

3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I never even knew there was a Trina 1.0. Sounds like I'm better off. The new one (Sydney Mikayla) is now officially on contract.

Good. Hopefully that means she'll be part of a real storyline instead of just popping up like Molly does.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I've been in therapy off and on for 25 years and the best therapists I've had shared personal info and experiences with me that related to my issues. It is not some totally taboo thing. It is considered helpful to the client when done in the right way. But it is the therapist's choice to do so.

The psychoanalytic (Freudian) theory is that the therapist should be a blank slate that the patient projects on to and not disclose anything. I think of that as highly as I think of much of psychoanalytic theory.  I once had a therapist tell me "You know I can't tell you that" when I asked her if she had children because what she told me was so unrealistic. Then there are the therapists that project their own issues all over the client because they haven't got a handle on their own neuroses.  I assume that's why Neil went to see Kevin. More of that, please.

Strangely, there has been next to no research done on how much a therapist should self-disclosure to a patient and under what circumstances. I once proposed doing a research study on that but couldn't get any therapists to sign on.  shrug

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He manages to be white bread in spite of his background and he's as annoyingly intrusive into everyone's business as Carly is. Plus, they're pushing the "enemies to romance" with Joss far too hard.

Seriously. And, you know not that I cared about their romance, but still, Oscar is barely cold. If they're trying to draw on this particular comparison, I'm pretty sure Robin wasn't making eyes at Jason within months of Stone's death. I know soaps are faster-paced than they used to be, but oy.

On a better show, Joss would go to Robin to talk about the experience of your first love dying as a teenager. Or even Elizabeth. He Who Apparently Cannot Be Named wasn't really dead, but she spent a year thinking he was. Can you imagine Carly's head exploding if her daughter formed relationships with either of those two women? It would be worth it for that alone.

I seem to have gone off on a tangent. Current show, current show. Is it me or is there something weird about Dev's eyebrows?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Plus, they're pushing the "enemies to romance" with Joss far too hard.

They always do this. We knew from the instant he got to Port Charles they'd put him with Joss, so why not let things happen even slightly organically? But no, we're force-fed how much they hate each other. Zzzz.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

They always do this. We knew from the instant he got to Port Charles they'd put him with Joss, so why not let things happen even slightly organically? But no, we're force-fed how much they hate each other. Zzzz.

I knew it when he helped out Sonny months ago to find Dante.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Seriously. And, you know not that I cared about their romance, but still, Oscar is barely cold. If they're trying to draw on this particular comparison, I'm pretty sure Robin wasn't making eyes at Jason within months of Stone's death.

No she wasn’t. All I remember was that it was Robin sitting by Jason’s bed when he woke up as Jason Morgan. And that was five months after Stone had died. It was another month before Jason tried to kiss her and she pulled back, asking him what did he think he was doing? 

I loved the slow burn the show did with Robin and Jason before he became a mindless killing thug.

Frank, that asshole and his cadre of hacks can try to sell Joss and Oscar’s wuuv as if it’s in any way comparable to Robin and Stone’s love story, but this fan will never, ever, ever EVER, EVERRR buy it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

I’m old enough to remember when the soaps had kind of, sort of believable story lines with people we actually cared about. That was so long ago. This Dev/Joss story angst is boring and tiring and not believable. One more soap for me to give up on. Bye.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I don’t remember Trina 1.0. Who played her?

Tiana Le:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7830379/

I’ve never flirted with a rage blackout as much as with this Dev/Joss preposterousness. While not of Sonny’s scale (heck, it’s only pickpocketing and traveling on a forged passport), he’s got a good start on being an international criminal. Looks like Joss will be following in mom’s footsteps.  I’ll at least take “Sonny told me to speak in an American accent” over listening to his attempt at a Turkish one. 

I’m fairly intrigued by the Alexis/Neil storyline and Neil’s struggle with his background, though likely in the minority. I’d gladly have that as the medical/hospital storyline over Bobbie’s diabetes and Carly’s baby. 

Edited by mbluecpa
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, mbluecpa said:

While not of Sonny’s scale (heck, it’s only pickpocketing and traveling on a forged passport), he’s got a good start on being an international criminal. Looks like Joss will be following in mom’s footsteps.

Which is why I call bullshit if Jax doesn't have a confrontation with Carly and Sonny soon upon learning that Dev is living under the same roof as Joss. "He saved Sonny's life" is NOT an assurance that Dev is a decent person who poses no physical or mental threat to Joss's well-being, especially since Sonny has already acknowledged that Dev is hiding from dangerous people

As for a romance storyline, the only interesting one the show could do involving Dev is if Cam (who told his mother a while ago that he's been "into Joss forever," not to the mention the kiss) found himself attracted to Dev and some rated G -type flirting went on between the two. I think the Cam actor is talented enough to play confusion about being attracted to both Joss and Dev. He is the right age to be questioning, as a young-ish teenager who has not yet been in a relationship. I don't think Trina would be good for Cam; she said "I'll be your date" in a tone that suggests she would want to order him around in a relationship, and she has been perfectly comfortable with lying and having a fake ID which is Dev's style. 

The "could Aiden be gay" storyline has been full of stereotypes and handled poorly.  IMO Kristina's love life since LA return has also been handled poorly.  If the show wanted her to be bi, gay or generally unsure, we should have seen signs of that back when she was dating Kiefer and crushing on Ethan or before that, like maybe when she was trying to play matchmaker for Michael and her h.s. friend - a look suggesting jealousy when her friend actually tried to get close to Michael.  Kristina was completely infatuated with Ethan when she left Port Charles for college ; no side eyeing any female. The Kristina re-cast was involved with Trey again; again never a hint of attraction to a woman. Then LA returns to the show as Kristina in her 20s and is obsessing over a much older, married lesbian, in a position of authority in her life? To me that doesn't come across as a young woman who finally realizes she is a lesbian or bi - it comes across as a woman with major psych issues who wanted to bribe someone regarding her grade and also wanted attention from an authority figure.  Most recently, her desire for an authority figure's attention resulted in being in that attic waiting for Shiloh. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

The "could Aiden be gay" storyline has been full of stereotypes and handled poorly.  IMO Kristina's love life since LA return has also been handled poorly.  If the show wanted her to be bi, gay or generally unsure, we should have seen signs of that back when she was dating Kiefer and crushing on Ethan or before that, like maybe when she was trying to play matchmaker for Michael and her h.s. friend - a look suggesting jealousy when her friend actually tried to get close to Michael. 

I wonder if they're messing it up on purpose -- they feel like they should do an LGBT story because other shows are but don't really want to so they do it in the most half-assed, stereotyped way possible.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they're messing it up on purpose -- they feel like they should do an LGBT story because other shows are but don't really want to so they do it in the most half-assed, stereotyped way possible.

No story gets much thought these days, really. The lack of effort they're all given is pathetic.

• Love 8

Show really wants us to believe that Elizabeth is so hot for Franco that she thinks it's totes okay for all their guests to wait while they get it on? And the place they decide to have sex is the bed where Franco's pseudo-daughter was found stabbed to death?! 🤮 Well, it was fitting that Elizabeth wore a black dress with some red under layer.

The only good thing about that reception - especially after Kim asked Drew to have a kid with her AGAIN while she's there with Julian - was Cam playing guitar and singing while his brothers played other instruments. Aiden looks adorable! I call BULLSHIT on the words "our dad" - the way he said it shows he feels like a hostage thanks to his mom and Grandma Laura, being forced to accept Franco into their family. 

Does the psychic's "women" prediction to Finn mean that Hayden and Finn's baby (now toddler, I assume) is a girl?

Kim, girllll, stop right now. Poor Drew.  But I cheered when Dr. O got just a smidgeon of what she deserves!! 

• Love 3

Hot damn, this was without question the most entertaining GH has been all summer. A psychic freely handing out intel like it's the daily weather report? Yes, please. A lurker in the shadows sending Liesl ass-overboard the Haunted Star? Give me it. Hayden returning to stir the pot and disturb Finn's domestic bliss? Here for it, if for no other reason than it's a change from all the stale material taking up GH lately. Hayden is also another friend for Curtis and could serve as a confidant for her nephew Cam (who needs someone in his life who won't make him assimilate for Franco), so I'm not mad about her return. Can't be worse than Shiloh or DoD, so bring it.

Kim's deranged attack on Drew is a beat I wish they'd scrapped instead of moving forward with. It's a disservice to the characters and the actors to make them play out such a crude farce on the heels of Oscar's death. TB in particular turned out great work over the course of that storyline, she sure as hell can do better than "generic crazy woman in need of a baby."

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Teri looked lovely in that dress. The color looked good on her. 

This is true. I just couldn't focus on that because she was the one to announce/ congratulate "my oldest friend" and husband to the room of people and all I could think is Teri is a stand-in for the friendships Elizabeth has had over the last 20 years on this show that are no longer present, i.e. Emily, Robin, Lanie, Nikolas. Teri is still new to Port Charles, we know almost nothing about her background, and she's had only a few scenes with Elizabeth.  She has not been invested in any of Elizabeth's history, didn't know the boys' fathers, etc. It's not like Cam, Jake or Aiden think of her as "Aunt Teri."

• Love 5

Oh, so Kim is going to rape or sexually assault Drew for his swimmers? Well done, idiots! Well done!

This is so messed up. I hope he never goes near her dumbass ever again. And I hope Julian doesn't blame him for this because that would be beyond gross.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, so Kim is going to rape or sexually assault Drew for his swimmers? Well done, idiots! Well done!

This is so messed up. I hope he never goes near her dumbass ever again. And I hope Julian doesn't blame him for this because that would be beyond gross.

I’m so confused by what they’re doing to her character. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

Kim's deranged attack on Drew is a beat I wish they'd scrapped instead of moving forward with. It's a disservice to the characters and the actors to make them play out such a crude farce on the heels of Oscar's death. TB in particular turned out great work over the course of that storyline, she sure as hell can do better than "generic crazy woman in need of a baby."

I'm just waiting for Franco to find out about this and give a completely tone-deaf and hypocritical speech about how horrible it is for someone to attempt to sexually assault someone else.

• Love 2

Poor Cam.

He is doing all this nonsense for his mom and brothers. He would never in a million years consider Franco his dad. 

I have hope that psychic is right about Franco and he does something Franco just to prove that he doesn't deserve all this damn support.

See Drew what happens when you go to support Franco as a friend. You make it easy for Kim to  drug and maybe rape you. You should have stayed home.

Hi Hayden. Ignore Finn and look at the handsome billionaire standing next to him.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I’m so confused by what they’re doing to her character. 

They don't know what to do with her, so instead of cutting the character loose they're turning her into a rapist. 

• Love 1

Events like these, featuring several decades-long characters, make you realize how intertwined things get on a soap. Liz and Laura have each had the last names Webber, Spencer and Baldwin, and they've both been involved with Cassadines.

• Love 9

I thought the “performance” by Liz’s sons was downright bad and embarrassing. It was obviously pre-recorded and auto tuned. The little boys acted like they’d rather be anywhere but there. And I still cannot and will not accept this epic love story between Liz and Franco. They’re not selling me on that bs at all. And just forget this Kim with the syringe nonsense. How stupid is that? I hate what these writers have done to a once admired soap.

• Love 3

and all I could think is Teri is a stand-in for the friendships Elizabeth has had over the last 20 years on this show that are no longer present, i.e. Emily, Robin, Lanie, Nikolas.

All I could think about was that if this was Liz's wedding reception with AJ, there would be a dearth of celebrants and Sonny and Carly would be leaving a large carbon footprint all over the episode.   

• LOL 2

Discounting the fact that I hate Franco being turned into a normal person who lives a perfectly normal life when he should still be a hated, very dark character who doesn't deserve Elizabeth even though I've never loved her like most of you, I really did enjoy this episode. Finally, it was actually soapy. No sign whatsoever of the dreaded Unholy Trio, no Cult of Non-Personality. Hospital folks, but not dreary doomsday hospital stories. Love seeing a whole bunch of people together all dressed up. Even the extras were good.

Billy Miller in a suit? My god, he looked damn amazing. Curtis looks really good too. Ladies all pretty much looked good, except I don't see why they need to make Laura look so matronly. They age her so much. Stella looks so much younger than her.

Drunk Liesl was an absolute treat, plus she looked so fabulous. Her scene with Jax was everything. Interested to see who pushed her into the water.

This psychic bitch with my Ava is getting on my nerves. I can't believe they're giving Maura crap like this.

How many damn scenes are they going to have in the kitchen? And where was the moss? The whole conversation with Sasha asking about Franco was so weird with Michael sitting right there. Shows how well she knows him which is not at all.

Jerry Jax mention!

Shut up, Bobbie.

Kim is two shades away from a straitjacket. Girl damn drugged Drew and is then climbing on top of him? Geez shredded cheese. Talk about cray.

My girl is BACK! Make your entrance, Hayden! I'm so damn happy to see her!! And tomorrow, Cupcake!!

• Love 5
Just now, Kiki777 said:

Dear Show, please bring back Drew's facial hair.  He looks 12.

Friz having sex in the bed where Kiki's dead body was found..... Hot?

There's more than one room I think. Or did they specifically say so?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Hi Hayden. Ignore Finn and look at the handsome billionaire standing next to him.

THIS. Every single word of this. Please let the soap gods make this happen. I refuse to believe that Finn satisfies her sexually. We all saw her in the beginning. She was practically Samantha Jones.

Also, I just have to fanwank a little bit and say that I choose to think they were giving Greeenleo fans from AMC an Easter egg and a special shout out that Hayden traveled from Paris. We all know how much Greenlee and Leo loved Paris.

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is this Willow and Michael?

Cult of Non-Personality is DoD for me.

• Love 3