Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Typical Sonny, asking someone for help and threatening them in the same conversation. Has the actress, Dev's "grandmother," been on GH before? She looks familiar.

I loved seeing Laura behaving as compassionate grandmother to Cam, however the Show not even allowing her to say her own son's name seems like a *glaring* way of punishing JJ for leaving the role of Lucky. It seems like shades of the treatment Robin got when Kimberly McC decided to move on with her career.  

I don't think they're punishing JJ, I just think they don't want to highlight how they've turned Lucky into a deadbeat. Or Lucky in general.

2 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I really used to enjoy watching Bobbie and Scott way back in the day. Today, they both overact something awful. Can’t they just relax and talk to each other like long time friends? Why does everything have to be so DRAMATIC? And will someone please dye Bobbie’s hair a color known to man on earth and cut that dang lanky stuff? She’d look 20 years younger.

This, all of this.

Joss looks older than both Willow and Kristina.

• Love 2

Did we REALLY just get a whole-ass scene involving Cam and Laura sidestepping the Lucky-sized crater in the room? Say his name, ffs. Better yet, recast the character and let him make amends for his lack of parenting. How sad to hear Laura say that Aiden can't remember any father but Franco. It's also sad that Cam keeps getting strong-armed into giving Franco a chance. Cam's very real concerns have never been taken seriously by Liz; he's basically been dismissed and told he's wrong and not given any option but to get on board. It's dangerous to give the implication that Liz, the parent, is unquestionably correct, and Cam, the child, just needs to deal. It's so shitty that the Cam and Franco conflict has been skewed in Franco's favor from the onset and that to Liz, Cam's feelings have never, ever taken priority over Franco's.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Benji said:

On a shallow note, I hate that pantsuit Bobbie's been wearing. The color is not good on her and clashes with her hair. 

Is there anything that does not clash with bobbie's hair though?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Some of Laura's remarks seemed kind of anvil-ish towards Lucky, but what it portends to I don't know. Maybe Franco rescuing Cam somehow, eyeroll.

• Love 2
On 7/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, nilyank said:

Franco is probably the only father that Aiden will ever know.

SHUT UP LAURA!

I heard her say that Franco is the only father Aiden can remember.

Laura had a valid point. For all his faults, Franco has been a decent father figure to Aiden. If Cameron continues to fight Franco because he doesn't want him as a stepfather, it's going to hurt the family as a whole not to mention Aiden and Jake themselves.  What she didn't say but could have is that if Cameron does try to tear the family apart, the person who could be hurt most  is Cameron himself.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:
1 hour ago, Benji said:

On a shallow note, I hate that pantsuit Bobbie's been wearing. The color is not good on her and clashes with her hair. 

Is there anything that does not clash with bobbie's hair though?

Ugh, it's so bright I need sunglasses.  She really should do everyone a favor and tone it down.  

• Love 2
(edited)
45 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I heard her say that Franco is the only father Aiden can remember.

I guess we're supposed to forget the scenes we saw when JJ was last here of hearing that they Skype and seeing Aiden throw himself into Lucky's arms.

Aiden probably also remembers when Jake(son) was the father figure in the household.

What-fuckin'-ever, Show.  I'm soooo tired of Franco, Super Dad.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess we're supposed to forget the scenes we saw when JJ was last here of hearing that they Skype and seeing Aiden throw himself into Lucky's arms.

I don't necessarily think so, he was about 5 at the time.

Shouldn't Laura be more upset about it though?

• Love 1
(edited)

Considering her chest-beating about losing Nikolas, you would think Laura would do whatever she had to to pull her surviving son to her and to his children.

I just don't get it.  They did a decent job of this with Joss and Jax at times Jax was off-canvas, why is it so hard to do with Lucky?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
(edited)

You all remember when Franco kidnapped newborn Aiden right out of the hospital and Lucky rescued him? Doesn't that fill you with warm fuzzies about Franco being a daddy?

As for Franco's "faults," they include serial murder, sexual assault and facilitating the rape of a teenage boy. Cam's reaction is warranted. If anything, it's understated. I hope he hates him forever.

You guys know I can't even start on Lucky's deadbeat edit without lapsing into incoherent obscenities. FLAMES ON THE SIDE OF MY FACE.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5

Billy Miller is in the best shape, that is for sure.  During the scenes with  him and Scout, and he was leaning over her, all you could see was massive arms.  He's also trimmer than he had been.  That's when I first started believing the gossip that he's leaving.   He must have something lined up.  I remember he suddenly got into better shape when he landed Ray Donovan, though even then, he wasn't in this good of shape.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I heard her day that Franco is the only father Aiden can remember.

Laura had a valid point. For all his faults, Franco has been a decent father figure to Aiden. If Cameron continues to fight Franco because he doesn't want him as a stepfather, it's going to hurt the family as a whole not to mention Aiden and Jake themselves.  What she didn't say but could have is that if Cameron does try to tear the family apart, the person who could be hurt most  is Cameron himself.

Yes, that's what she said. I agree with your interpretation of what Laura said. For all his crimes/felonies which included kidnapping newborn Aiden, Franco has been a present father figure to Aiden in recent years. Laura didn't say 'embrace Franco and tell him he's awesome,' she indicated that open or barely disguised hostility which makes the point 'you're not family, get lost' could hurt the family considering how attached Jake and Aiden are to Franco. It seemed like she was also trying to tell Cam, hey you have to accept that this is the guy your mother has chosen to love/marry and they are clearly committed to each other.  

I'm still mad that Laura wouldn't even say Lucky's name and Cam wasn't allowed to acknowledge he misses his father. Of the three boys, Cam would be the one with great memories of spending time with Lucky when he was little.

• Love 6

Just got caught up on the week. I am FFing Spina Bifida Baby and Diabetes Bobbie.

I must point out that on the first scene Monday with Jasam, as they begin to eat breakfast, Sams half wig is so poorly attached that I could not stop looking at it. Someone fixed it before their second scene. I know most of the woman wear them, but it's usually well blended. 

I think Laura/Robert have more chemistry that Laura/Kevin.

Scorpio brothers working together. Fuck ya!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I think Laura/Robert have more chemistry that Laura/Kevin.

I read that way back when Tristan Rogers was upset that Tony Geary got paired with Genie Francis because he wanted to be paired with her.  I can't remember where I read it, though, so take with a grain of salt unless someone can corroborate.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I heard her day that Franco is the only father Aiden can remember.

Laura had a valid point

It’s definitely valid, because obviously kids can’t really remember people they may have known at that young age, especially as they get older. 

But, like, is anyone concerned as to where Lucky is at and why he’s not having interaction with his children? Or will this be retconned later when they feel like it and pretend he’s been Skyping this whole time. Frank’s recipe.

• Love 5

I never again want to see a GH fan talk about how much exposure Sabrina got after seeing what they are doing with Willow now. Sabrina at least had vets in her storylines, Willow’s connections are a parade of newbies except Michael and Lucas.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, avocadohead said:

I never again want to see a GH fan talk about how much exposure Sabrina got after seeing what they are doing with Willow now. Sabrina at least had vets in her storylines, Willow’s connections are a parade of newbies except Michael and Lucas.

Her connections are also Diane, Kristina, Elizabeth and Franco, and Lulu, none of whom are newbies. She is a teacher of legacy characters' children, who is getting a sad backstory and we as the audience have witnessed her developing real relationships with these people as well as Lucas and Brad over time. That is why people care about what happens to her. Sabrina was dropped into the hospital one day, ran into Patrick, and had an instacrush on him. She was a nurse and Patrick decided she could babysit Emma. Somehow Emma and Sabrina getting attached to each other snowballed into everyone - for no good reason - talking about Sabrina being a wonderful person, amazing nurse,  ideal partner for Patrick and perfect stepmom for Emma. The only real non-superficial relationship she had with another adult was Felix. Her "relationship" with Patrick was in no way comparable to the mature adult relationship Willow and Chase have. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What-fuckin'-ever, Show.  I'm soooo tired of Franco, Super Dad.

He's so propped that he never has to stand up again for the rest of his life.

6 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am FFing Spina Bifida Baby and Diabetes Bobbie.

Smart idea. I wish I had thought to do that.

I'm all caught up, because I want to be current before Hayden shows up. The only thing that I enjoyed was Ava with Jax and Chase with Willow.

Carly's reaction to Scott proposing was kind of funny, but she has absolutely zero room to talk when it comes to taste in men. And I so am not looking forward to the spina bifida Special Needs baby. The collectors of kids can go jump off a cliff or die by the giant moss bacteria growing in their kitchen.

• Love 4

What I also see as a problem is how badly the show has handled its twentysomething canvas.  Because this ascendancy of Willow has to do in part, IMO, with the lack of female characters in that age range, because they spent years keeping it to just Kiki.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

What I also see as a problem is how badly the show has handled its twentysomething canvas.  Because this ascendancy of Willow has to do in part, IMO, with the lack of female characters in that age range, because they spent years keeping it to just Kiki.

There's Kristina too, but yes their 20's scene is seriously lacking. Their 30's presence isn't much better.

I mean, there's Molly too, but they don't invest really in her or Kristina.  But for years, it was Kiki front and center, having all the guys in the age range after her.  She had no female friends, no female rivals, nothing.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Willow is also in every story.

• Love 3
(edited)
23 hours ago, nilyank said:

I do too, but it wasn't Laura that gave that job. He mentioned that he went to law school to explain how he knew the governor who was his classmate back then. Later Laura was talking with Mac about needed a new DA and how only the governor could appoint one. Robert shows up at that moment and tells her the governor offered him the job. When Laura and Robert were talking earlier, he already had the job but did not mention it to her.

No, I was calling BS on TIIC and the show in general, and maybe the governor, not Laura, who I generally like. (is this the same governor who gave Sonny that pardon for saving his daughter?)

Also, something occurred to me earlier today.  Officer Billy from Beecher's Corner said that Michael had no ID so they didn't know who he was when they put him in lockup.  But wouldn't they have fingerprinted him?  And, since he has been in Pentonville, wouldn't his prints be on file?

2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

KM (the Willow actress, not Robin!) is a much better actress than TC (not saying she is so great, - that is a low bar, I realize)

Edited by MarciNJ
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

too bad they killed off Kiki - she and Willow could have been friends

• Love 1

I don't remember the exact quote but when Carly was talking to Joss about what's-his-face aka StoneLite, she said something about how hard it must be for him to try to stay one step ahead of the law therefore Joss needs to be nicer to him I was thinking yep, that right there is some good parenting advice Carly. Make sure your daughter knows the importance of being kind to somebody who is running from the law.

And Sonny bribing/strong arming a relative into covering for some kid in the country illegally made me roll my eyes so hard they nearly fell out. Stop it writers, we want summer fun stories, we don't need you trying to get political when half the Country is fighting the other half about immigration issues, especially when you can't get even the simplest storyline right, never mind a complicated issue like immigration. I openly admit that the fact that it's Sonny-centric is what makes me hate the whole thing. Can we please have some romance? And not Joss and StoneLite. 

I hate Sonny so much. He really does ruin everything.

• Love 11

Sonny is such a bully when he doesn't immediately get his way.  And of course his cousin (?) wasn't turning him down first because she has morals--nope, just wanted more money, because the playing field needs to be level and everyone has to be as shitty a person as Sonny is so they can't judge him.

I hate when they write Alexis like an obsessed teenager.  Staring at Neil's daughter's obituary while she's sitting in his waiting room as if she was scrolling thru Instagram is not a good look for a 50-something attorney.

• Love 5
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I hate when they write Alexis like an obsessed teenager.  Staring at Neil's daughter's obituary while she's sitting in his waiting room as if she was scrolling thru Instagram is not a good look for a 50-something attorney.

But, other than the need to service a plot, it's also rather irrational for a psychologist/psychiatrist/whatever whose credentials and daughter's death are both posted on the internet to become huffy and end treatment when the daughter is mentioned. He should be expecting his clients to research him and be aware of what is out there. I enjoyed hearing Alexis turn things back on him, whether he agreed with her or not.

Edited by rur
  • Love 7

Is it common to put carrots away, tops and all, in your fridge?  Does anyone use the tops?

I had no idea potato chips had the potential to harm a pregnant woman and her unborn child, so they must be banned from the house.

Neal.  They need to advance his story before I die of boredom. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I don't think this is true at all - it just seems true because about 85-90% of the main focus is DoD / Baby Wiley eating the show. She's not involved in Oscar lameness and Kim's cray cray of wanting another baby, Liz and her freakshow husband and their upcoming wedding celebration, Special Needs Spina Bifada Baby, Crimson - Ava/Jax/Nina/Valentin, Jordan and Curtis' insulting saga of not being able to pay their hospital bills, Maxie butting into Lulu's life over Dante and bringing PLP along, Ava's continuing grief over losing Kiki, Bobbie's diabetes/Scott's ridiculous proposal to her, the stupidity of the Dev storyline, Hayden's return, etc.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I had no idea potato chips had the potential to harm a pregnant woman and her unborn child, so they must be banned from the house. 

This is so stupid I want to smash my head against the wall. BEWARE POTATO CHIPS! CHIPS BAD, CARROTS GOOD!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Chips are a bio-hazard to pregnant women. It is known.

This is Carly's tenth pregnancy (it feels like it is). She knows what's up but of course she has to be patronized by the dumbasses around her. She's not eating out, she knows what she's putting in her food. A bag of chips or a slice of frozen pizza every now and again is not going to kill her. Just leave her be. 

I think the worst part in all of this is that all this whinging over her eating habits hasn't stopped her kid from having this health issue. So they can take their food plot and stick it. 

This is the second time that I remember them bringing up a woman's eating habits during pregnancy. I remember McBoring dogging Sam when she was pregnant with Danny because she was eating Cheetos. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I had no idea potato chips had the potential to harm a pregnant woman and her unborn child,

In Carly's case, potato chips should fall behind trusting Sonny and his gun(s) and her general life choices (i.e. thinking she knows what she's doing and then getting in over her head) for potential harm to herself and her unborn child.

Speaking of mothers and children, I watched the GH rerun today (didn't see it the first time) and could Maxie be dumber than to yank out Sasha's hair (for a DNA test against Nina) as Sasha and Michael chatted, and then take it triumphantly - with a smirk toward LWB/FS - back to her seat as Valentin watched her. A sign on her chest spelling out her intentions would have been more subtle, geez.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ciarra said:

When Carly asked if she did anything to cause the spina bifida, I honestly half expected the doctor or Sonny to bring up frozen pizzas.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I'm just glad they're not charging Carly for negligence because the baby is not perfect.

10 hours ago, rur said:

But, other than the need to service a plot, it's also rather irrational for a psychologist/psychiatrist/whatever whose credentials and daughter's death are both posted on the internet to become huffy and end treatment when the daughter is mentioned. He should be expecting his clients to research him and be aware of what is out there. I enjoyed hearing Alexis turn things back on him, whether he agreed with her or not.

The idea that the therapist needs to be a completely blank slate drives me crazy.  A competent person would check out the therapist before committing to the therapy.

I'd love it if they swerved from Alexis being neurotic to it being Neil's issue. Gives Neil  storyline and gives Alexis something difference. My hopes are somewhat up since Neil went to see Kevin about how to keep his own issues out of the therapy sessions.

• Love 2

Here’s my take on Alexis/Neil:  

yes of course she could have checked him out online. And perhaps she would have stumbled across the obit for his daughter. But that doesn’t give her the right to bring it up in her sessions. It has zero to do with why she’s seeing him. She’s only doing it because she’s hot for him and wants to get closer. 

He was very clear with her that his personal life is off limits. And yet she persisted. He’s her doctor, not her friend/fuck buddy. If she’s incapable of staying in the boundaries, then she should find someone else. Her getting indignant and ‘Well it really wasn’t me, it was my friend Diane. I told her not to do it but she did anyway’ just makes her look stupid and like a school girl. 

I don’t blame Neil for shutting her down.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Her getting indignant and ‘Well it really wasn’t me, it was my friend Diane. I told her not to do it but she did anyway’ just makes her look stupid and like a school girl. 

I agree with this. It's just a step beyond "Those aren't my cigarettes; they belong to a friend  whose mother doesn't know she smokes."

But I can understand how her knowledge about his daughter could accidentally, peripherally slip out, especially when a therapist encourages speaking without self-censoring first.

I just think a better response for him in this case would have been, "Yes, my daughter passed away. . . . other shrink stuff . . . And if you ever bring this or something similar to it up in a session again, I WILL refer you to someone else."

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, rur said:

But I can understand how her knowledge about his daughter could accidentally, peripherally slip out, especially when a therapist encourages speaking without self-censoring first.

I just think a better response for him in this case would have been, "Yes, my daughter passed away. . . . other shrink stuff . . . And if you ever bring this or something similar to it up in a session again, I WILL refer you to someone else."

Mentioning his daughter wasn't the worst, but Neil was right that Alexis has pushed the boundaries more than once. She did in the session before mentioning the dead daughter. 

The Scott/Bobbie stuff was so terrible. Both actors overacted (embarrassingly so), and the entire thing is completely pointless.

"Is he still overselling the humble-waif act?" Ugh, Sonny, is such a jerk. Dev is overdoing it, but is that really so unbelievable? He has no idea what's going to happen to him. Of course he's going to try to ingratiate himself.

And the thing with Mike's cousin was also gross. Whoever mentioned Sonny's habit of threatening people he wants a favor from was spot on. I applaud the cousin for shaking down Sonny for more money, though. 

I really liked the Laura/Cameron talk, especially when she talked about how the parent/child relationship changes as you both get older. I also liked that Laura didn't belittle Cam's totally legit feelings about Franco, even if she had to ultimately prop the gentle farmer. I feel like Elizabeth does that too much when it comes to Cam's feelings.

I've been liking LW's hair color these days. The blonde/gray works for her.

• Love 3

YES!!!!!!!!!!! To Mac as Commissioner and ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!! as DA!

LOVED Mac shutting down ExtraKeystone Cop, Price. But we all know he won’t be able to do anything to do Jason down the road. And I mean other crimes he will commit. But it was GLORIOUS seeing that smackdown.

And just as Nikolas being Laura’s son was a believable retcon and not something that didn’t make any sense, So is the ‘splanation of Robert going to Law School. He told Laura—the day he passed the NY bar, the WSB recruited him. I’ll take it, as:

1.   Robert was already WSB when we first met him and didn’t know of his past before he joined; and 

2.  It’s ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!

I really liked the scenes with him and Laura.

But I really didn’t care for all the scenes of the Diabetes. First, it’s not fucking cancer. I’m trying to wrap my brain how Bobbie, a NURSE, would ignore the clear signs. I suspected it could be diabetes for me, with the sudden onslaught of thirst that wouldn’t go away. The fatigue, not so much.

FUCK YOU, Show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Sake614 said:

He was very clear with her that his personal life is off limits. And yet she persisted. He’s her doctor, not her friend/fuck buddy. If she’s incapable of staying in the boundaries, then she should find someone else.

For a good therapist and one that isn't overwhelmed by counter-transference* issues, that would be the topic of their next session. If they still can't work it out ad after two of three sessions she's still breaking the rules, then I understand referring her on. At this point, it still feels like the issues are as much his as hers.

I know someone who was fired by her psychiatrist because what he was doing wasn't working. It was pretty rough on her. Fortunately she's now found someone who is actually a good therapist.

*Transference is what the patient projects on to the analyst; counter-transference is what the analyst projects on to the patient. Some workplaces run counter-transference groups for the therapists so that they keep their personal stuff away from the therapy sessions.

• Love 4

Alexis looks like she's going to a funeral. It's summer, try some color. Hard to watch a little bit because some of the dialogue between her and Kristina rang kind of close to home. I've got a very difficult relationship with my mother, albeit in a different way.

Jason questioning Harmony about Shiloh would come off a lot better if he wasn't a criminal/murderer himself. Although the Harmony actress was really good today, very natural.

Ugh, Stephen A. Smith, please go away. And gross, Sonny wants Shiloh's lawyer to step away and says that Ava is "a problem" to tempt her? Go fuck yourself, Mobster M*****.

Kristina's relationship with her father grosses me out.

These teens are awful except Trina. Keep her and dump the rest.

This episode is full of Sonny/Jason/Sam plus Shiloh and Stephen A. Smith. GROSS. Sorry Show, complete fail.

• Love 5

Like Pentonville wouldn't recognize Jason Morgan as the mob hit man he is and not some lawyer. 

We complain about how Jason doesn't wear anything but a black T-shirt and jeans, but wow, does SBu look uncomfortable in that jacket. Heh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I want the summer teen story to be about Cameron and Trina.  Go away, Joss and Dev.

I know we're supposed to believe that Sonny had a hard childhood, but New York even without Mike around doesn't compare to Ankara on the streets.

Why isn't Jason recording the conversation with Harmony?  Between Kristina, Sam and Jason, I'm worried that Shiloh is going to be defeated legally.  I want a Who Dun It? murder for the summer.

It was a good scene between Kristina and Alexis in the therapist's office. What really struck me is Kristina saying that she told the Keefer story and lied "because I wanted to be important" to someone. She picked her mother for the pledge because there is nothing that her father has done that makes her look important.

NEVER, NEVER should a therapist tell a patients "I don't trust you any more". Or make her grovel.

• Love 5

Shut up, Dev. Stop commenting on things you know nothing about. Why does the show insist on doing this with characters?

Sam's "disguise" was hilarious. Why couldn't she approach Carol in regular clothes? She could also make chitchat with that policeman in civvies, too, given what a femme fatale she's supposed to be. Ugh.

As we all suspected, Kristina's pledge was that Alexis ran over Kiefer, something the entire town already knows. It doesn't matter than Kristina lied and said it was deliberate. Alexis was cleared. I'm pretty sure double jeopardy is attached, but on this fakakta show, who knows.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

As we all suspected, Kristina's pledge was that Alexis ran over Kiefer, something the entire town already knows. It doesn't matter than Kristina lied and said it was deliberate. Alexis was cleared. I'm pretty sure double jeopardy is attached, but on this fakakta show, who knows.

If it was deliberate, would Double Jeopardy apply? I can’t remember what she was charged with but I don’t think it applies to greater charges so they might have been able to go after her for something else

There's nothing that's a threat about the Keifer pledge, Kristina admits that she lied about it and everyone knows what really happened.

Emotionally, it was Kristina making up something to please Shiloh and show him that she's important enough to have someone kill for her (not her criminal father or his hit-man); plot-wise it was to give Jason and Sam an excuse to do their investigation of DoD because they thought it was about Sonny. You know they wouldn't have lifted a finger for Alexis, particularly Jason.

• Love 3

Of course Jason is the one to get through to Harmony. SPARE ME.

3 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

f it was deliberate, would Double Jeopardy apply? I can’t remember what she was charged with but I don’t think it applies to greater charges so they might have been able to go after her for something else

Prosecutors get one bite at the apple, which is why grand juries will often indict on several charges, and at different levels of severity (e.g., manslaughter and murder, first degree and second degree, etc.). The underlying crime is Alexis hitting Kiefer. She was cleared of that charge. She shouldn't be charged again. Emphasis on shouldn't, of course.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, rur said:

Alexis spoke of the real problem today - she had come to think of him as a friend (silently add: a friend she finds attractive). She had been talking about 'I can't imagine the hell these two people are going through since they just lost a child" and then was like "Sorry" because with her knowledge that he lost a daughter, she felt she was being insensitive. That's something you say to a friend or family member (or maybe a colleague you've become friends with)  when you feel you've thoughtlessly hurt them by being self-absorbed. 

He is in fact, not her friend. He is her therapist. She needs to remember that.

• Love 3