Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did he literally exchange him with Nelle and Jonah/Wiley?

Nelle took dead baby to the hospital and claimed he died in childbirth and blamed the car accident to stick the knife in a little harder.  MIchael, allegedly had an autopsy done, which stupidly did not show that the baby wasn't born stillborn but had also been fed at least once, since we saw Brad feed the original baby at home before he died.  So much stupid there, it' burned.  

To prove dead baby is Willow/Shiloh's original son, they would have to exume the body and do a DNA test on him.  

I'd really like it if the baby is Nelle and some random dude's she met at some truck stop. Michael doesn't get a baby, Lucas gets to keep his son and maybe divorce Brad in the process and find himself a more decent dude. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

OTOH, takes some shine off Shiloh's world domination, but on the other, it's easy work and every likes that. 

What did you mean here?

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

You think they're going to ret-con it that Nelle had sex with Shiloh at some point?  I don't know, Nelle is a complete wackadoo.

That's what I'm saying. :)  It's no stupider (or less random) than her "relationship" with Chase.  Nelle goes to a bar, meets Shiloh, they do the deed.  Pregnant.  Passes it off as Michael's. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Nelle goes to a bar, meets Shiloh, they do the deed.  Pregnant.  Passes it off as Michael's. 

Didn't Carly force Nelle to have a DNA test? I know those mean nothing in Port Charles, and are used almost exclusively as plot points, but I can't see the show undercutting Carly that way.

• Love 1

The whole point of Nelle's revenge is for Michael to believe his son died. If it turns out that the baby didn't die but wasn't his son, then what was the point. The only way that would have worked and been effective in hurting Michael was if he was raising his son all this time and then Nelle dropped the bomb that the kid wasn't his. Then she gets to hurt him even further.

• Love 1

Who is leaving PC for Paris? I came on that part. Did they show who is was or is yet another mystery?

Oh, and look, Jax is somehow involved with Cassadra Pierce who refuses to just go away.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Who is leaving PC for Paris? I came on that part. Did they show who is was or is yet another mystery?

I am going to assume it was

Spoiler

Hayden as Anna will be gone for months and Finn needs a story in the meantime.

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I respectfully disagree. Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Was the best Police Commissioner Port Charles Ever Had. He actually put away the bad guys, mobsters, criminals. Without ever having to sacrifice his own integrity. While I loved Mac as a Commish, too many times he had to kowtow to Mooby. And I understand that's the writing and because of Guzasshole glorifying the petulant manbaby. Anna, during her first run as Commissioner after Robert, was also very good. Hell, so was Donnelly. But of course both Anna and Sean had baggage, where they were good guys/turned bad guys/redeemed to good guys. I think even Mac was a con when he first came, right? No?

Yes!! Hands down YES!! 

• Love 1

I enjoy seeing the dynamics of the Ashford family now that Stella and Jordan are on the same team. It actually makes them seem more authentic as a family unit that we know how they struggled to get to this level of closeness. T.J., despite his good intentions, absolutely needed to be told to keep his butt in school. I'm also intrigued by Stella's ancestry DNA results, mainly because I'm drawing a blank as to where they're heading with this.

Watching Jax and Ava go back and forth with each other makes me wish they could hook up, as improbable as that scenario probably is. I'd gladly prefer Jax with Ava instead of Nina or fucking Cassandra, who pops up every year uninvited like a cold sore, forcing us to endure her presence.

As if this summer wasn't thrilling enough with spina bifida baby, parents mourning their dead kid, and convoluted Wiley drama, now we've got Scott's relationship woes to really spice things up. I don't mind Scott, but c'mon. (And yo, Franco, keep your cracks about Cameron to yourself. That kid's already twice the man you'll ever be.) 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

Watching Jax and Ava go back and forth with each other makes me wish they could hook up, as improbable as that scenario probably is. I'd gladly prefer Jax with Ava instead of Nina or fucking Cassandra, who pops up every year uninvited like a cold sore, forcing us to endure her presence.

Jax married Carly so anything is possible . MW and IR seem to work well together.  It would drive Carly and Sonny nuts, there is that !!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

JJY is a silver fox. He just gets better looking as he get older.  Mac is the best police commissioner Port Charles has ever had.  I hope he stays in the job once Jordan is ready to return to work.  Maybe she can be offered a job with the FBI or DEA.  

I respectfully disagree. Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! Was the best Police Commissioner Port Charles Ever Had. He actually put away the bad guys, mobsters, criminals. Without ever having to sacrifice his own integrity. While I loved Mac as a Commish, too many times he had to kowtow to Mooby. And I understand that's the writing and because of Guzasshole glorifying the petulant manbaby. Anna, during her first run as Commissioner after Robert, was also very good. Hell, so was Donnelly. But of course both Anna and Sean had baggage, where they were good guys/turned bad guys/redeemed to good guys. I think even Mac was a con when he first came, right? No?

You do have a point.  I guess I was thinking back to the 1990's and 2000's.  In the late 70's and early 80's Robert was the best.  Both Commissioner Scorpio's were the best.   On GH, Scorpios do indeed Rule. :) 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

You do have a point.  I guess I was thinking back to the 1990's and 2000's.  In the late 70's and early 80's Robert was the best.  Both Commissioner Scorpio's were the best.   On GH, Scorpios do indeed Rule. 🙂

I can't recall if Port Charles had a Police Commissioner in the 70s, but I do know Robert was made Commissioner shortly after he, Luke and Laura saved the world from being frozen. Ah! Good Times! THOSE are the soapy, cheesy, good times! I think Robert was hired after Luke and Laura's wedding?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Jax married Carly so anything is possible . MW and IR seem to work well together.  It would drive Carly and Sonny nuts, there is that !!

Unless Jax falls madly in love with Ava, I don't see him going there as Joss hates Ava and right now she is Jax's top priority as he helps her with her grief. I cannot see Jax trying to add more drama into Joss' life by having anything more than professional relationship with Ava.

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't recall if Port Charles had a Police Commissioner in the 70s,

Wasn't it Mr. Big? Or was he the chief of police? Maybe they updated the title after that story ended?

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't Carly force Nelle to have a DNA test? I know those mean nothing in Port Charles, and are used almost exclusively as plot points, but I can't see the show undercutting Carly that way.

I think Nelle wanted to "prove" that the baby was Michael's so she could get him and his money back.   Carly once again played right into Nelle's hands.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I think Nelle wanted to "prove" that the baby was Michael's so she could get him and his money back.   Carly once again played right into Nelle's hands.

At that point, yes. But we all know the Corinthii ultimately never lose.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't it Mr. Big?

I thought Bert Ramsey was Mr. Big, and he worked for Police Commissioner Robert as his second-in-command?  But then my memory is hazy.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought Bert Ramsey was Mr. Big, and he worked for Police Commissioner Robert as his second-in-command?  But then my memory is hazy.

Yes.  That was the late '80s.  Apparently when Robert left and the mayor appointed Bert and Anna as co-chiefs instead of just making Burt commissioner, he snapped and became the head of the mob.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Who is leaving PC for Paris?

It was Paris to PC.  It could be Cassandra (there was tons of talk about her today between Finn and Chase, plus Curtis found a file on her in Jax' office), or Hayden or Alex (though doubtful that it's Alex since FH is away for the summer)

After Anna, Sean Donnelly was police commissioner.  I don't remember any other commissioners until Mac was given the job.   

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can't recall if Port Charles had a Police Commissioner in the 70s, but I do know Robert was made Commissioner shortly after he, Luke and Laura saved the world from being frozen. Ah! Good Times! THOSE are the soapy, cheesy, good times! I think Robert was hired after Luke and Laura's wedding?

GHSCORPIOSRULE, Your post really brought back so many good soapy memories of GH.  I even got out my old 45 record of The Afternoon Delights rap classic    “General Hospi-Tale”.  I still have it, but I have to listen to the song on Youtube.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Wasn't it Mr. Big? Or was he the chief of police? Maybe they updated the title after that story ended?

No. Burt was Captain, hoping he'd be appointed Commissioner. But he became Mr. Big, because he was always overlooked/passed over for Robert. Now THAT, was the BEST.REVEAL.EVAH! I had NO CLUE that it would turn out to be Burt Ramsey! But the conclusion was pathetic. Having him go into a catatonic state after he was exposed. But yeah, he was co-commissioner or whatever with Anna.

• Love 4

I was annoyed that they had to have Sonny talk about giving tons of money to the Special Olympics and other foundations. And acting they like actually showed up to events that didn't involve handing over a big check. Gross.

I did like Carly being insecure about having a special-needs baby.

Way to be a professional, Curtis, snooping around and being generally obnoxious. You and Sam were well matched in your PI business.

News flash, Scott: Maybe look for a woman, rather than a girl, for a partner, huh? You'll have better luck finding someone who shares your reference points.

Whoever purchased that Paris-to-PC ticket (Cassandra, of course) didn't specify an airline. They couldn't make up a fake one? Oh, Show.

• Love 4
(edited)

Carly: how much we need this child, how much this child can give us.

You've got to be fucking kidding meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Can't LW or MB throw a fit already?

ETA: I am waiting for Sonny to tell someone his dad has "alltimers" and his kid has "spindle bathtime".

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 4

"All that blood money we donated to those 'unfortunate' children, and this is how we're repaid?  And our invisible children still need us, how will it affect them, wherever the hell they are?  Oh, and Morgan is still dead!".  Whaah, whaaa, whaaah.  "At least we have money to take care of our disabled child --you know, get him or her the best nanny!

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

News flash, Scott: Maybe look for a woman, rather than a girl, for a partner, huh? 

IIRC, Scott called Dominique a "girl" when she was the love of his life, and the same with Laura. I think that term is supposed to be a Scotty characteristic (and now it shows his age).  Makes me think of Sonny throwing barware - inappropriate but expected.

• Useful 1

Looks like Jax decorated his office with help from Ava’s gallery. I think I remember seeing similar mirrored animal prints there.

For years, the Corinthos gang was confined to that tiny living room. Now, they apparently never leave the kitchen. At least this room is not so dark and dreary.  I’m still weirded out by the giant bowl of moss tufts, though. And they need to be careful with those gold plated utensils— they look like they will scratch the hell out of a nonstick pan.

Why is Scotty riding a scooter?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

At least we have money to take care of our disabled child -

I don't understand this story.  No way are they giving CarSon a disabled child where they will have to deal with the issue.  Heck, MIke's story last a year then he was shoved offscreen at Turning Woods to get rid of the story and this is an adult actor who can act the heck out of crap material he's given.  They won't be able to do that with a disable child.

I highly doubt they'll have Carly have an abortion.  That would be too controversial even though were in 2019.  So the baby will either be miscarried or they'll do surgery before birth and have it be born perfectly healthy.  At which point he/she will spend all of it's time with Avery and the nanny.  So they're doing all of this for two months of angst and an attempt at an Emmy nod?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whoever purchased that Paris-to-PC ticket

Hayden would make sense, since they need a story for Finn with Finola gone all sumer.  Someone had the screen shot up on Facebook and it also said 0 children, so if it's Hayden, she's coming without the baby.

I don't understand the point of Cassandra, so I'm really hoping it isn't her.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Way to be a professional, Curtis, snooping around and being generally obnoxious. You and Sam were well matched in your PI business.

I must have missed something since I really haven't been paying attention, but when did Curtis become such a douche?

I'm confused as to why he seems to hate Jax, I'm not really sure who actually hired him and when did he become so annoying? I get that he's stressed out about Jordan and hospital bills but he seems like a different character. Why can't we have more of the Drew/Curtis friendship thing that was going on instead of Curtis wandering around making weird noises and looking thru Jax's stuff? Did Valentine hire him because he's worried about Nina working with Jax? Also, I think I would like NuNina a lot more if she was a new character instead of NuNina. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would miss OG Nina.

This show is pretty much a hot mess. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Did Valentine hire him because he's worried about Nina working with Jax?

Yes.  Valentin got his panties in a bunch when Nina seemed to be lusting after Jax after meeting him for two seconds at the Nurses Ball.  Then he found out Jax was her new boss, so first he went to Sonny to basically say, lets work together to send Jax away.  Sonny didn't bite, so then he went to Curtis and hired him to dig up dirt on Jax.  Valentin laid it on thick that he was worried about Nina's safety and since Curtis and NIna are friends, that's why he agreed to do it, to protect Nina from big bad Jax (and for the extra money)

16 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I would like NuNina a lot more if she was a new character instead of NuNina. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would miss OG Nina.

It's weird because I hated MSt's ticks and over the top, dramatic nonsense.  I like CW but her Nina is so totally the opposite, almost zen like, that it's too much of a contrast.  I don't want MSt back, though I might want just a smidge of drama from CW.  

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I must have missed something since I really haven't been paying attention, but when did Curtis become such a douche?

When they invented money problems for him that he now has to compromise his integrity and his friendship with Drew to investigate a man Valentin is jealous of because all he has to offer his woman to keep her on a leash is a fake daughter.

• Love 5

Laura and Robert have a 2 minute conversation about how Robert went to law school - he obviously hasn't practiced in at least 30 years (if ever), and now he is the new D.A.?   Okaaay, then...... since it is RFS, I'll allow it, but for anyone else, I'd call bullshit.

Drew is great with little kids - loved his scenes with Scout (when was she born - should she be that old already?)  I really hope Billy Miller sticks around, but wouldn't blame him for leaving.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, MarciNJ said:

Laura and Robert have a 2 minute conversation about how Robert went to law school - he obviously hasn't practiced in at least 30 years (if ever), and now he is the new D.A.?   Okaaay, then...... since it is RFS, I'll allow it, but for anyone else, I'd call bullshit.

I do too, but it wasn't Laura that gave that job. He mentioned that he went to law school to explain how he knew the governor who was his classmate back then. Later Laura was talking with Mac about needed a new DA and how only the governor could appoint one. Robert shows up at that moment and tells her the governor offered him the job. When Laura and Robert were talking earlier, he already had the job but did not mention it to her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Yes.  Valentin got his panties in a bunch when Nina seemed to be lusting after Jax after meeting him for two seconds at the Nurses Ball.  Then he found out Jax was her new boss, so first he went to Sonny to basically say, lets work together to send Jax away.  Sonny didn't bite, so then he went to Curtis and hired him to dig up dirt on Jax.  Valentin laid it on thick that he was worried about Nina's safety and since Curtis and NIna are friends, that's why he agreed to do it, to protect Nina from big bad Jax (and for the extra money)

It's weird because I hated MSt's ticks and over the top, dramatic nonsense.  I like CW but her Nina is so totally the opposite, almost zen like, that it's too much of a contrast.  I don't want MSt back, though I might want just a smidge of drama from CW.  

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

When they invented money problems for him that he now has to compromise his integrity and his friendship with Drew to investigate a man Valentin is jealous of because all he has to offer his woman to keep her on a leash is a fake daughter.

Thank you Perkie1968 and thank you Yaddayadda, it's so silly since Valentin was supposed to be the Baddest Cassidine That Ever Cassidined. I mean I kinda like the actor when I see him in Hallmark movies but he's definitely not a Big Bad at all.

I hated MSt's over the top stuff too, and I also like CW (who looks so familiar it's driving me crazy trying to figure out where I know her from, even when I looked her up nothing seemed familiar, she keeps reminding me of the actress who played Kate on Angel or maybe I saw her in a Hallmark/Lifetime movie) but yes, I don't want OG Nina back either and I really wish CW had a little more oomph.

I hate the way they invented the money problems for Jordan, between her health insurance and Drew's offer to pay it's really stupid they've warped Curtis's character due to money problems. He was one of the few people on the show who was actually a good guy and I really loved his friendship with Drew.

It's funny when I read "fake daughter" I thought of Charlotte, I totally forgot about Sasha! I'm trying to remember if Sasha and NuNina have had any scenes together. I guess they dropped the "Willow is Nina's daughter" storyline and I guess we'll never find out who has the other half of that dumb necklace. (The necklace itself isn't really dumb, I know people who have that necklace, but the plot point is beyond dumb, especially since they made kind of a big deal about it.)

• Love 3

This all-encompassing and overwhelming desire the writers and this show has that every character, even ones with legitimate reasons to despise Franco, must get along with him, is frankly quite creepy. I understand Laura's desire for family harmony but to guilt her grandson into making nice with his new stepfather is not the way to make Cameron respect Franco or even like him. Why is it Cameron's job to put his mother's and his little brother's happiness above his own when his mother proved that she will always choose Franco over her children? Cameron is a teenager and is able to read articles about what Franco did in the past, but even if we are to accept all of that was the tumor, a few months ago Franco was accused of multiple murders and the attempted murder of Lulu, Cameron's aunt. Cameron was attacked at school because of this. What did Elizabeth do? She called Cameron's aunt and grandmother liars and married Franco anyway despite her oldest son's concerns. Why is Cameron supposed to respect a man like that or even his mother?

Did they forget Scotty has two daughters when he said yesterday that he didn't like kids? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

when did Curtis become such a douche?

And he's a horrible investigator, on par with Sam McCall.  Let's look through file folders during business hours when anyone can walk in.  And Jax has labeled file folders having just moved into his office a minute ago?  And on paper?  Welcome to the last millennium.  And I hate the rhino painting from Ava's gallery.  The red looks trashy in Jax's office, but then Carly is responsible for decorating.

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did they forget Scotty has two daughters when he said yesterday that he didn't like kids? 

I took that to mean he didn't like young kids. And there are plenty of people who dislike kids in general but are fine with their own.

• Love 3

Typical Sonny, asking someone for help and threatening them in the same conversation. Has the actress, Dev's "grandmother," been on GH before? She looks familiar.

I loved seeing Laura behaving as compassionate grandmother to Cam, however the Show not even allowing her to say her own son's name seems like a *glaring* way of punishing JJ for leaving the role of Lucky. It seems like shades of the treatment Robin got when Kimberly McC decided to move on with her career.  Elizabeth, what Laura did is not called magic - it's called tuning in and having a real conversation with your son, instead of spending all your time telling Franco how wonderful he is. Cam has been your son his entire life; Franco has only been in your life for a few years. I liked that Laura pointed out to Elizabeth that Cam is a good kid. It was cute seeing Cam perk up at the obvious thought he was going to ask Joss to be his date. 

Don't even get me started on attorney Scott getting so-called advice from his serial killer son, and then yelling at Franco when Bobbie said no. Franco saying "Dad" made me roll my eyes. 

• Love 2

JPS was more evil when he was the DA on The Closer than Valentine is.

Why didn't Alexis send Kristina to Diane as a client to determine if there are going to be any legal repercussions to Shiloh knowing the secret about Alexis?  Then she can deal with the real problem which is Kristina's bias in favor of her criminal father.

Cameron: Franco is temporary. (Cameron knows he's on a soap opera. )

Why does Mike's cousin look a couple of decades younger than Sonny? What happens when the authorities ask for documents of the birth?

Scott deserves better than Bobbie-the-Sonny-worshipper. Remember Karen?

Day late here, but I think the DNA sample from the burp cloth will show what we all know - that Wiley isn't Willow and Shiloh's baby. So Shiloh will keep the pressure up in court to find out where his baby is.  At some point Willow will admit she gave the baby up to Brad/Lucas, Shiloh will argue that he had a DNA test done and it proves Wiley is not his, and everyone will be all "Wha???" and Brad will have to come clean about the baby switch.

Mike's cousin looks younger than Sonny.  Which is plausible...but then why not make her Sonny's cousin that he hasn't seen in 20 years?

Aged Scout is cute. But if she can be aged, why can't Avery? Or Aidan? Or Jake? Or - my aging of choice - Spencer?

• Love 1

I really used to enjoy watching Bobbie and Scott way back in the day. Today, they both overact something awful. Can’t they just relax and talk to each other like long time friends? Why does everything have to be so DRAMATIC? And will someone please dye Bobbie’s hair a color known to man on earth and cut that dang lanky stuff? She’d look 20 years younger.

• Love 4

Franco is probably the only father that Aiden will ever know.

SHUT UP LAURA!

I really hate when anyone tries to change Cam's mind about he feels about Franco. While he is cold with Franco, Cam isn't cursing him out, defying him or saying horrible things about Franco (you know the truth). Franco is the grown-up who has done a zillion horrible things. He should suck it up and accept that Cam is never going to see him as family.

• Love 8