Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tveyeonyou said:

From now on, I will forever think of Carly as Gladys Kravitz, the neighbor on Bewitched. Yes I am that old ☺️

30 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Oh, I know who she is. I've watched tons of rerun. 😘

I know her, too. Carly is definitely more Gladys#2 rather than the original. Original was too endearing to ever be compared to Carly

• Love 3
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, she told Bobbie she was picking up prenatal vitamins but is that something Americans get from a hospital? 

Characters have been picking up prenatal vitamins at GH for years.  It's a ridiculously contrived way of getting them to the hospital.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Characters have been picking up prenatal vitamins at GH for years.  It's a ridiculously contrived way of getting them to the hospital.

It was ridiculously contrived some years ago too when Carly was at the hospital for some plot point scene and when asked what she was doing there, she said she had to pick up a prescription for (child) Morgan. Because apparently there is not a single pharmacy in Port Charles.

• Love 3

General Hospital probably has a  pharmacy in it.  Most pharmacies want you to use the same pharmacy for everything so that they can catch interactions.  Plus, as a hospital who most likely has a relationship with all the suppliers, maybe they can offer lower prices.

Of all the ridiculous things that happen on this show, people going to the hospital pharmacy to pick up drugs isn't even on my top 100.

• Love 3

I just caught the first few minutes before needing to go run some errands but I did love the twinkle in Max Gail's eyes when he referenced Barney Miller among his favorite TV shows.  Mine too, Max, mine too. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Because apparently there is not a single pharmacy in Port Charles.

Except for when Alexis had to get a home pregnancy test to confirm if she was preggers after a dizzy spell and for her to bump into Scotty when purchasing said item. In other words: PLOT!CONTRIVANCE! Or maybe it was just to show Scotty seeing Alexis having a dizzy spell?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

The actor is not bad but I already hate the kid with the not-Turkish name with the fire of a thousand suns. This is Spencer x 2000.

I refuse to worry about Bobbie. She's being a witch  but Julian will get blamed if she has a stroke.  But this is another reason I can't with this show -- equating Julian to Shiloh. Why didn't Scott tell Lucas she was yelling at Julian when she had her incident? That's important medical information.

Really cheap Barney Miller joke.

5 hours ago, Blackie said:

General Hospital...your on-stop shopping needs for vitamin pick-up, paternity testing, specialty treatment for rare viruses and diseases, HIV research, kidney transplants and not being able to see a Dr when you have pain and an ex-nurse MIL

This makes sense to me if the vitamins are prescription ones. It's easy to go to the hospital pharmacy after you leave the doctor's office and den then on, they hold the refills.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Grundoon59 said:

I just caught the first few minutes before needing to go run some errands but I did love the twinkle in Max Gail's eyes when he referenced Barney Miller among his favorite TV shows.  Mine too, Max, mine too. 

I missed the beginning and only came in when MG said "they don't make TV like they used too" and I was hoping he had been watching Barney Miller because they certainly dont make shows like that anymore!!  Recently was watching reruns of it, and it holds today, if not even more!

• Love 5
(edited)

This show is headed down a very slippery slope if they are now allowing rapists to collect information on their rape-resulted children, considering the only reason Shiloh knows Willow had a child is because of HIPPA violations and there hasn't even been mention of a DNA test to prove Shiloh's paternity. 

Did they void the adoption?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5
(edited)

The best parts of today's show: Julian having no use for Bobbie and walking away from her as she was screaming/demanding he come back, and Cam being a sweet, thoughtful kid.  It's nice to see him be appreciated.  

Poor Drew. Kim, he showed no signs of wanting to kiss you. Also stupid and eye-roll worthy and OTT: Willow's tirade in court. 

Sonny has in his home: a stepdaughter mourning her recently deceased boyfriend, an impressionable 4-year-old daughter, and a wife with a high-risk pregnancy. Yet he's concerned about/focused on taking care of a teenage boy whom he knows next to nothing about. Dev helped him out briefly in Turkey and Carly decides she likes him, so it's totes okay for him to live indefinitely in the home with their two minor children? Okayyyy. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Why was Scotty on a scooter?

They didn't explain it, but he's left leg had a boot on it, so I figured Kin had injured it somehow.  It was weird that no one mentioned it though.  

50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Did they void the adoption?

Not yet

50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

hasn't even been mention of a DNA test to prove Shiloh's paternity. 

Well, Willow pretty much took care of that today by losing her shit and screaming at Shiloh, in court that he would never find the child.  That kind of proves he's the baby daddy.  

• Love 1

That trial is such a shit show. Look at the smug rapist who doesn't have to say a word to get what he wants. I think the actor is good, but please, enough of this. 

JZ's face is looking less pulled. 

I really hate this whole Mike/Yvonne storyline. So he forgets everyone on a whim, confuses people with other people, but Yvonne, he remembers all the time. Did her husband divorce her, or something.

The Dev actor is less wooden than the Oscar actor and I think he and the Josslyn actress have some chemistry, but he's like the Jordan actress. It feels like he's reading off some menu.

That was some 3 months romance Kim and Drew must have had. Favorite song to dance to, trips to Napa. Girl, he doesn't remember, it has been some 3 years and he doesn't care about you like that. 

Why do the writers insist on turning women into walking incubators?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

This show is headed down a very slippery slope if they are now allowing rapists to collect information on their rape-resulted children, considering the only reason Shiloh knows Willow had a child is because of HIPPA violations and there hasn't even been mention of a DNA test to prove Shiloh's paternity.

Sadly, it's not inconsistent with reality.  A man who is in prison for rape got visitation with the child of the girl he had abused for years. IIRC, the mother went to jail because she refused him access, as Willow is going to jail for refusing to hand over the papers to Shiloh.

I'm not a lawyer but .... if the judge orders Willow to hand over the information and Willow's lawyer ways she's going to appeal that ruling, doesn't Willow get to wait until the appeal has gone through instead of turning them over immediately? Because if Willow does have to turn the papers over now, it makes the appeal meaningless. 

Speaking of which, does Willow have any of those papers in her possession? Does Dianne? Because if either does, Julian and Sam getting rid of the papers in the courthouse is meaningless.  Willow really should have got rid of her papers if she wanted to keep her son safe.

LOL at the case law of Lord vs Buchanan Shiloh's lawyer cited.

I just know that Jason is going to save the day, or Jason and Michael together.  I know Jason is supposed to be Stone Cold but when he was listening to Michael's conversation with the witness, SBu barely twitched a muscle.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does Dianne? Because if either does, Julian and Sam getting rid of the papers in the courthouse is meaningless.  Willow really should have got rid of her papers if she wanted to keep her son safe.

Willow got rid of hers.  She asked Diane to do the same but she refused since it's illegal.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sadly, it's not inconsistent with reality.  A man who is in prison for rape got visitation with the child of the girl he had abused for years. IIRC, the mother went to jail because she refused him access, as Willow is going to jail for refusing to hand over the papers to Shiloh.

I'm not a lawyer but .... if the judge orders Willow to hand over the information and Willow's lawyer ways she's going to appeal that ruling, doesn't Willow get to wait until the appeal has gone through instead of turning them over immediately? Because if Willow does have to turn the papers over now, it makes the appeal meaningless. 

Speaking of which, does Willow have any of those papers in her possession? Does Dianne? Because if either does, Julian and Sam getting rid of the papers in the courthouse is meaningless.  Willow really should have got rid of her papers if she wanted to keep her son safe.

Once Shiloh learns that Brad and Lucas adopted Wylie is he going back to court to get the adoption overturned? Will Brad and Lucas be arrested and held in contempt if they don't allow Shiloh access to the child?

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Once Shiloh learns that Brad and Lucas adopted Wylie is he going back to court to get the adoption overturned? Will Brad and Lucas be arrested and held in contempt if they don't allow Shiloh access to the child?

They'll end up in court and Brad will blurt out how the child that was Shiloh's died and that this is Michael's baby and then Sonny and Carly will come swooping in like the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz and whisk Wiley back to their child prison.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

They'll end up in court and Brad will blurt out how the child that was Shiloh's died and that this is Michael's baby and then Sonny and Carly will come swooping in like the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz and whisk Wiley back to their child prison.

Since he knows it's not Shiloh's, he should just suggest a paternity test.  Then tell Willow on the sly that he had the test faked when it comes back that Shiloh is not the father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Why was Scotty on a scooter?

And how did he manage to navigate said scooter down the steps at Charlie's?  Did Julian install a ramp?  You heard the door close, then Scott was rolling up on his scooter.

50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Since he knows it's not Shiloh's, he should just suggest a paternity test.  Then tell Willow on the sly that he had the test faked when it comes back that Shiloh is not the father.

That makes way too much sense for this show!

I'm hoping Chase was using trick handcuffs on Willow. Ones that he keeps handy, just in case. 

• Love 3

The Shiloh/Willow stuff is definitely my latest rage-blackout story. The stupid does more than burn, it incinerates.

The "let's keep Oscar alive" story is totally idiotic. As long as you're thinking of someone, they're alive in your memory. Gah.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable teen triangle, but at least it doesn't involve Spencer.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That was some 3 months romance Kim and Drew must have had. Favorite song to dance to, trips to Napa. Girl, he doesn't remember, it has been some 3 years and he doesn't care about you like that. 

Is she trying to get pregnant again with him? Because that is super gross on every level I can imagine.

I'm pretty sure you can't ban someone from a city. 

My god, this whole episode was galactically stupid from start to finish. There's usually some mildly watchable story, but not today.

• Love 7
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Is she trying to get pregnant again with him? Because that is super gross on every level I can imagine.

That's exactly what she is doing!

Drew has shown zero romantic interest in her and today she tried everything to get him to sleep with her.

Free Drew!

• Love 9

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is obnoxious that Diane is so wonderful at her job that she can get Sonny and Co. off for all of their countless crimes, many times without it ever even going to trial but now that she actually has the law and HIPAA on her side, she was almost thrown in jail and her client is now in jail. And Willow blurting everything out was next-level stupid. Diane was find going to jail too protect Willow's rights. Let her go get dang job. That's what you pay her for, nitwit.

Drew and Kim just make me roll my eyes. Poor Drew. Kim is working on getting herself a room reserved at the hoohoo hotel and appears to want to do as much damage to all of her existing relationships along the way. 

Far be it for me to defend Jason, but here in America, you can't just ban someone from a city. That's just stupid.

It annoys the crap out of me that currently, the only reason anyone, save Chase and Diane (who is getting paid), is helping Willow is because of Wiley. They brought her in to help Kristina, heard her story, but instead of carrying about how this situation is screwing with her mental stability, it's all about letting Lucas and Brad keep Wiley. A little compassion for her and checking in on her to let her know you support her wouldn't be unreasonable.

• Love 2

Here's a question - if the Shiloh/Willow angle is how the baby swap secret is going to come out, what was the point of Dr. O finding out?  We even later had that moment when Carly and Jason were all, "Hmmm" about a slip she made re: Nelle, but it went nowhere.  Has Kathleen Gati fled to greener pastures?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

then Sonny and Carly will come swooping in like the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz 

Thank you. 

This is a perfect description.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She planted a kiss on him and in the preview, she tells him she wants a baby. So nothing is getting through her head right now. Not what Julian said. Not what Elizabeth said.

I don't even think she wants to be with Drew. She is still with Julian as far as things stand right now. It seems like she just wants the swimmers.  She needs to see a grief counselor ASAP. 

• Love 3

Kim wants to re-make Oscar, as Julian said. She even said that seeing Drew reminded her of Oscar.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

It annoys the crap out of me that currently, the only reason anyone, save Chase and Diane (who is getting paid), is helping Willow is because of Wiley. They brought her in to help Kristina, heard her story, but instead of carrying about how this situation is screwing with her mental stability, it's all about letting Lucas and Brad keep Wiley. A little compassion for her and checking in on her to let her know you support her wouldn't be unreasonable.

That's sad. Sonny and Carly are completely selfish but Alexis should be better than that as should Michael.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I Kim is working on getting herself a room reserved at the hoohoo hotel

Her obsession is starting to get on my nerves, and  I'm wondering if this story is going to be an exit from the show for her. I'm also getting tired of her head tilt and sad half-smile. It's all she ever does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

And his was always my favorite character. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable teen triangle, but at least it doesn't involve Spencer.

Why are they even bothering with a summer teen romance? Do any teens actually watch the show? I know the show used to ramp up all the teen drama during the summer to hook those burgeoning fans, but... I think that ship has sailed. And I for one have no interest in watching Stone2 try to hit on Joss.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, rur said:

I'm also getting tired of her head tilt and sad half-smile. It's all she ever does. 

For my money, the best scene she ever had was as Carly when she slammed the baseball bat on the conference table of the Five Families.  She was amazing.  Now she's all wistful, head tilt, fingers in tight jeans pockets, and half-smile.  She's phoning it in.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That's sad. Sonny and Carly are completely selfish but Alexis should be better than that as should Michael.

Neil handed Willow his business card after she told her story,  saying she could reach out to talk. Michael seems to be involved both because he's concerned for his friend Willow and he doesn't want Shiloh getting his hands on Lucas and Brad's son/"my godson." Alexis seemed to empathize with Willow, but is worried as both Lucas and Brad's attorney as well as Kristina's mother. I understand her concern since Shiloh is implying to her he's not done messing with Kristina's life and thinks he can blow up her life and possibly Sam's in the process. I personally see Willow as a strong young woman who can handle/walk away from Shiloh's b.s. (and has a boyfriend who can threaten to arrest him), while Kristina comes off as still easy to manipulate and Wiley is a baby so he can't run away. 

ETA: I really wonder if Nelle and Ryan will break out of Pentonville and either Nelle will kill Shiloh, or Ryan will kill Shiloh as a favor/thank you to Nelle for her help.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

And I for one have no interest in watching Stone2 try to hit on Joss.

And once again, Cam has more chemistry with a boy than said boy does with Joss.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Captanne said:

For my money, the best scene she ever had was as Carly when she slammed the baseball bat on the conference table of the Five Families.  She was amazing.  Now she's all wistful, head tilt, fingers in tight jeans pockets, and half-smile.  She's phoning it in.

To be fair, these are two entirely different characters, so of course she is playing them differently. As I see it, the problem is not TB’s portrayal, it’s the way the character is written. I think she’s doing the best she can with what she’s given— which is very little.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And once again, Cam has more chemistry with a boy than said boy does with Joss.

I picked up on that, too. I’d be mildly interested in a Cam and Dev summer romance, but I’m sick of all the propping of Joss.

Did anyone else think Carol is still a loyal Shilohite who ran and got the cops while she was “feeding her dog”? 

• Love 2

All the props to JZ for Bobbie's delivery of the lines about a measles outbreak/anti-vaxers and to BM for the "holy shit, you belong in a psych ward" wide eyes/facial expression today, then anger as Kim explained that "it's up to us" to create a new life.  This should be an exit storyline for Tamara Braun.

Shiloh definitely came off as Sonny-esque; his attorney did a good job of shutting him down with a reality check.

I'm a little shocked that Sam voluntarily said Drew's name and sounded like she maybe sorta cared about him, but then she lost any shred of credibility as a supposedly independent woman with the fretting over Jason not texting her. 

I think?? the Brad-Alexis-Julian conversation, especially her 'tell the truth about Wylie' line and Brad's stricken look, means this storyline will wrap up in a few weeks. Alexis and Julian are good together when talking or arguing about family matters and legal ramifications.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

BM for the "holy shit, you belong in a psych ward"

LOved Billy's facial read on that.  Once he put the pieces together and realized that she'd already asked Julian and he'd say to wait so she was coming to him, the expression on his face was priceless.  The most energy I've seen from Billy in months.  

Also, I have to give kudos to Tamara because yowza she came across as completely unhinged.  "I'm not trying to replace Oscar, but let's replace Oscar."  "Oscar wanted siblings, so....."  And she's looking like her mind is completely unravelling as she's saying it.  

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

think?? the Brad-Alexis-Julian conversation, especially her 'tell the truth about Wylie' line and Brad's stricken look, means this storyline will wrap up in a few weeks

I think it's the opposite.,  Brad reacted to the "Shiloh will need to do a DNa to match with Wylie".  I think Julian and Brad are going to make sure the DNA test from Wylie doesn't match anyone and possibly have Willow claim she slept with someoen else around the same time.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, I have to give kudos to Tamara because yowza she came across as completely unhinged.  "I'm not trying to replace Oscar, but let's replace Oscar."  "Oscar wanted siblings, so....."  And she's looking like her mind is completely unravelling as she's saying it.   

Oscar has a sibling, keep Kim away from Scout. 

• Love 4

How fucking typical the show brought up McCall & Ashford only in the context of dissolving their partnership. That business and any potential Sam/Curtis friendship evaporated the moment Sam got back with Jason and prioritized him as her sole confidant. Now Sam's stuck aimlessly waiting around on Jason to be released from jail for the umpteenth time (and no, show, that jerk Beechers Corners cop doesn't negate that Jason was indeed engaging in illegal activity and is right where he belongs).

Bobbie's diabetes diagnosis might be more meaningful if it hadn't abruptly transpired over the span of two episodes, but the overall handling was informative. I liked seeing Lucas in the simultaneous roles of doctor and son. Plus, Bobbie's awesome slam of anti-vaxxers was much appreciated.

Kim behavior (and Drew's palpable distress) kickstarted my secondhand embarrassment so hard today. The thing is, I think it would be interesting to explore how Oscar's death and the loss of active motherhood has warped Kim's perception of herself. But this manic, desperate need to create a baby -- and forcing that need on unwilling participants -- is really uncomfortable to watch, and it leans into the "women are crazy and can't handle their emotions" trope more than I care for. I'd rather Kim grieve and redefine her life without grasping at the idea of a new baby as a cure-all.

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think it's the opposite.,  Brad reacted to the "Shiloh will need to do a DNa to match with Wylie".  I think Julian and Brad are going to make sure the DNA test from Wylie doesn't match anyone 

Brad reacted in panic to Alexis saying Shiloh would get an order for a DNA test, but he looked stricken - like he had been caught (due to a guilty conscience) when Alexis said "tell the truth." That line makes me think this is the beginning of the end of the storyline. Since Shiloh is showing Sonny-like behaviors, I think he'll either do a secret DNA test after overhearing one of the many non-private conversations going on about Wiley, or something very public like crash Wiley's 1st birthday party (you know there's going to be a birthday scene!!) for a DNA test.  The most interesting way for this to play out is that Lucas, Willow, Michael, Shiloh's attorney,  etc. find out Shiloh tested negative as Wiley's bio father at the same time as Shiloh's corpse is discovered. Then Brad has to 'fess up and deal with the fact that a guy he (stupidly) respected got killed as a result of his lies. 

37 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Oscar has a sibling, keep Kim away from Scout. 

I think Drew deliberately didn't bring up Scout due to how Kim was behaving.  He probably has concerns now that if rejected about a baby, Kim might want to kidnap/raise Scout as their own, "Sam dumped you, got back together with your brother and they are happily raising their son. Oscar adored Scout! Let's raise her together to honor Oscar's memory!"

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Linny said:

oesn't negate that Jason was indeed engaging in illegal activity

Was he though?  Far be it for me to defend Jason (ew I feel dirty now), but all he was doing at that moment was sitting in the parking lot of a diner, with the waitress, having a chat.  Plus, the diner is outside of BC, so not the cop's jurisdiction.  What was he being arrested for?  

That's the problem with this show, there are mulititude of legitimate reasons why Jason (and Sonny and Spinelli and Franco) need to have their asses in jail, but the show will have them put in there for a reason that isn't legitimate, so we can feel badly for him.  Mean ole cops.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Was he though?  Far be it for me to defend Jason (ew I feel dirty now), but all he was doing at that moment was sitting in the parking lot of a diner, with the waitress, having a chat.  Plus, the diner is outside of BC, so not the cop's jurisdiction.  What was he being arrested for?  

That's the problem with this show, there are mulititude of legitimate reasons why Jason (and Sonny and Spinelli and Franco) need to have their asses in jail, but the show will have them put in there for a reason that isn't legitimate, so we can feel badly for him.  Mean ole cops.  

The girl in the car is under house arrest or something similar. Her being outside of Beechers Corners meant she was violating her parole. Barney Fife got her to say she was being kidnapped and that is why she was in the car. That way, she stayed out of trouble and head could arrest Jason. But, since he was out of his jurisdiction, I think he would have to have called in backup with the police on whatever town they were in, right?

The dichotomy of how Drew and Julian are treating Kim (quietly concerned for her state of mind, being gentle with her) versus how Jason and Sonny were with Sam (basically allowing her to be branded, drugged and assaulted all for the greater good) is quite telling, and not in a good way.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

(Re Kim)...

I don't even think she wants to be with Drew. She is still with Julian as far as things stand right now. It seems like she just wants the swimmers. 

She’ll be at Sonny’s door within the next few weeks...

(actually, a preview of Friday’s show could take care of it...)

Edited by Originalroux
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

She’ll be at Sonny’s door within the next few weeks...

(actually, a preview of Friday’s show could take care of it...)

We know that Sonny's swimmers are nuclear once released. Sonny always needs one more baby to add to his collection.

• Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Why do the writers insist on turning women into walking incubators?

I half expected Lucas to tell Bobbi that her tests showed she was pregnant.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The girl in the car is under house arrest or something similar. Her being outside of Beechers Corners meant she was violating her parole

They were in the parking lot of the diner she works at, which according to Jason was on the border of BC and whatever town.  So if she's allowed to work at the diner, she's allowed to sit in a car in the parking lot.  

2 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Barney Fife got her to say she was being kidnapped

Totally didn't catch that.  I heard the cop say Jason must be kidnapping her since she's got the ankle monitor, but I didn't catch that she agreed with the cop.  

• Love 1