Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They never should have been paired, but I thought LW and RoHo had good chem. LW is pretty good at generating sparks, IMO.

For as much as i hate Carly, I do have to give LW credit. Unlike the other three stars of this show that she is always paired with, she gives it her all. She memories her lined 3 and puts on effort to really connect with the other characters and i actually buy her as having friendship or romantic relationships with most she is opposite of.

I still can't stand the character of Nina, but I do like this actress more. Nina, while still annoying, is much less annoying in that I don't fast forward many of her scenes.

• Love 5
On 6/20/2019 at 4:36 AM, 30 Helens said:

How has nobody mentioned the giant plate of moss in the middle of the kitchen table? When did this become a decorating choice??

I logged on today just to ask about that. I've been arguing with myself as to whether it is moss or not. It sure looks like moss. But who does that?  And why?

• LOL 1

Jax sharing scenes today with Robert (who was defending Robin!) AND Curtis is the kind of content I like to see. Now if they could incorporate Drew into the scene instead of just referring to his off-screen conversations with Jax, that'd be great. Though TBH, it does kind of suck that Curtis is only there reluctantly digging up dirt because he needs the money. That P.I. business with Sam really disappeared into thin air, huh?

Considering New Nina has a very different vibe from Old Nina, I'd love it if the writing for her would begin to shift. Less of the immaturity towards Willow and more competence regarding Crimson would be appreciated. So far I think the new actress plays better with Jax than Valentin, but it's still early days.

I laughed at the decision to have riffraff Dev wolfing down food while pretty, perfect Joss had nothing but a grapefruit in front of her. Dev's inclusion as a distraction for Joss and her probable new love interest just seems unnecessary, especially since Cam is around. He's got the perfect foundation for a story with Joss and the most important quality that we already care about him. But if the show went that route then they'd be breaking the cardinal rule of making everything about Sonny as much as possible, so we're stuck with Dev, sadly.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Linny said:

Dev's inclusion as a distraction for Joss and her probable new love interest just seems unnecessary, especially since Cam is around. He's got the perfect foundation for a story with Joss and the most important quality that we already care about him. But if the show went that route then they'd be breaking the cardinal rule of making everything about Sonny as much as possible, so we're stuck with Dev, sadly.

When Oscar had his out of body experience, telling him it was okay to move on, he saw Joss on her HS graduation day. She was talking with her friends, including Cam, and then her boyfriend came up to her, so maybe she never connects with Cam. 

But now that I think of it, maybe it's a good thing. At least one decent person in Port Charles won't be too connected to the Corinthi.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

WTF with Sonny moving a teen boy into the house with his two young daughters. He knows next to nothing about this kid, who has already proven capable of theft and lies (at the very least). And if Raj's people are after him, that puts all of them in danger from that as well. Totally fucking stupid. 

Please God, not a whole summer of Dev and Joss while Cam hates Dev and looks on longingly. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Lucas is going to have his child ripped away from him any minute now and the Carly/Sonny household has a new teen and a baby on the way?

H-A-T-E.

WEll, that's what you get when you marry some unscrupulous guy who will just switch out a dead baby with another one.  I really can't feel much pity for anyone in this story except Willow and the baby.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, that's what you get when you marry some unscrupulous guy who will just switch out a dead baby with another one.

Because if anyone's got scruples, it's...Sonny and Carly?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I really can't feel much pity for anyone in this story except Willow and the baby.

I feel pity for Lucas because Carly didn't give a damn how her actions hurt him/his family when he was a child. I feel pity for Lucas because Carly is all up in his business right now when she hasn't shown any signs of being invested in his well-being over the years. I feel pity for Lucas knowing that Carly will most likely be all "sorry you got hurt bro, but you're not his father, Michael is his father, this little boy belongs with his real father" when the truth comes out. I reallllly hope someone, preferably Lucas, throws in her face that she didn't feel that way when she knew AJ was Michael's father. 

• Love 20

I've always believed that the only reason Jason and Carly don't bang is because Jason isn't interested. Carly sublimated her diesire by claiming the profound friendship but given a half an opportunity she'd hop on him with the quickness. Beside their deaths, that is the only storyline involving them I'd voluntarily watch.

I agree with everyone about Sonny moving a unknown boy into his house.it's just ridiculous but it does delay the inevitable Cam/Joss hookup. Summer has arrived so has the teen storyline. How long before they go on the run? Are there any teens actually watching this? 

I'm so relieved that nuNina is less abrasive. I'm sure Cynthia Watros will bring some different colors to Nina's palette and since we must have Nina it will be a relief. 

So very tired of DoD but very glad the Nxivm guy got convicted.

I guess the paternity stories will resolve in the fall. Summer is going to drag.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shiloh's attorney does not come across at all as fierce; her gaze is not menacing and the thing she's doing with with her mouth is really distracting, making it appear it takes a lot of effort for her to speak. Did GH maybe hire an actress who recently had a stroke? In general I wouldn't care, but it undermines the "Shiloh's attorney is a real shark and so Diane is concerned" impression we're supposed to have. It seems to me the actress would be more appropriate in the role of a doctor or nurse or an important character's BFF.

The actress Maysoon Zayid has cerebral palsy. I've seen her before on TV and in a movie of Adam Sandler's years ago that she was in. I think she'll be fine. Attorneys can be good at their jobs without being menacing. I guess her acting tics didn't bother me since I knew who she was. Michael J. Fox played an attorney on The Good Wife who was good at what he did even though he had noticeable symptoms of Parkinson's disease which the show described as dyskinesia.

I'm glad The Staff is off of GH but hate that she's now back to infecting Y&R. I'm looking forward to seeing what Cynthia can do with the role of Nina.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

The actress Maysoon Zayid has cerebral palsy.

Well, I gotta give props when due. So, good for this show for hiring someone with CP. Maybe it's because I have CP myself and can relate. But it's cool to see more representation.

(I do remember way back in the '80s that an actress with CP on The Facts of Life played Blair's cousin. But that was, as said, ages ago. And really, I could see where her character annoyed. Not because of the CP, but because the dialogue she was often given was so damned preachy some of the time.)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

I'm the opposite only person I care about in this baby switch story is Lucas whom I'm sure will barely get a point of view especially in comparison to the shows new pet willow.

Yup.  Lucas already doesn’t have a point of view.  We won’t see him get angry or go through the pain of losing his child or whatever.  Noooo.  It’s all about the show’s new pet, Willow, and how she feels and how all the men are ganging up to protect her.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Michael is his father, this little boy belongs with his real father" when the truth comes out. I reallllly hope someone, preferably Lucas, throws in her face that she didn't feel that way when she knew AJ was Michael's father. 

Hopefully.  It will be fun watching her try to say how that's different and blah blah blah.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Katy M said:

WEll, that's what you get when you marry some unscrupulous guy who will just switch out a dead baby with another one.  I really can't feel much pity for anyone in this story except Willow and the baby.

Come on!  Anyone would stop to pick up a hitchhiker while rushing their dying/dead infant to the hospital. It’s not like ambulances exist. 

1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

Yup.  Lucas already doesn’t have a point of view.  We won’t see him get angry or go through the pain of losing his child or whatever.  Noooo.  It’s all about the show’s new pet, Willow, and how she feels and how all the men are ganging up to protect her.

Yup, this.

It's just so frustrating how little POV Lucas and Brad have gotten in all this.  Lucas having to give his child to his nephew, Carly and Bobbie being caught in the middle, could have been heartbreaking family soap, but these relationships are never shown and thus feel shallow on-screen so it won't be.  We may get some crocodile tears from Carly, but if the show expects me to believe like she actually feels torn, forget it.

And Brad...okay, as I've said before, he is obviously doing a bad, bad thing.  But we forget - because it was barely shown on-screen - that the adoption process took them, what, almost a year and was constantly jeopardized and then, after waiting a while for Wiley (ugh), he died through no fault of Brad's that very first night and he acted on grief and the fear that they wouldn't get another opportunity to have a child.  And also, as Britt and Nelle too, I think, kinda rightly noted, he's protecting that child from a family that is constantly under threat from being shot, being blown up by bombs, etc.  It doesn't excuse it, obviously, but I'm not looking forward to murderers like Sonny and Jason, mob molls like Carly and Sam, and even drug addicts like Dr. Michael Easton, say, bellowing about Brad being the worst person on Earth.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Anyone would stop to pick up a hitchhiker while rushing their dying/dead infant to the hospital. It’s not like ambulances exist. 

I'm not even sure he was heading to the hospital.  I never had the impression that the hospital was near the woods.   I would assume that it would be in a heavily populated area, as are most hospitals.  Yet Brad was driving aimlessly around the woods,  where Nelle walked out of with her live baby.  It was all so weird.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And also, as Britt and Nelle too, I think, kinda rightly noted, he's protecting that child from a family that is constantly under threat from being shot, being blown up by bombs, etc.  It doesn't excuse it, obviously, but I'm not looking forward to murderers like Sonny and Jason, mob molls like Carly and Sam, and even drug addicts like Dr. Michael Easton, say, bellowing about Brad being the worst person on Earth.

But that's not why Brad did. He was in shock and grieving the lost of his son and not knowing how to tell Lucas what happened when Nelle told him to take her kid.

I have sympathy for the loss he felt after all the plans he and Lucas made only for the child to die through no fault of his own and Lucas never having a chance to meet him.

However when crazy Nelle suggested for him to take her kid for her petty reasons of making sure that Michael and his family would suffer, Brad lost me. He knew exactly what Michael was feeling when he was told that his son was dead. He compounded the original lie and made it worse with the nonsense of the homeless woman and the truth is eventually going to come out with Shiloh custody case. Because that case has to go court and Shiloh will have to prove his paternity and when the test gets run, Willow will know something is wrong when Shiloh is not a match.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because that case has to go court and Shiloh will have to prove his paternity and when the test gets run, Willow will know something is wrong when Shiloh is not a match.

You know what the weird thing about this is. Diane has been saying that the DNA will not match, so some people seem to be fully prepared to temper with Wylie's DNA test so that it shows that Shiloh is not the father.

Brad is clearly a devoted father, so it sucks that he did what he did. Willow will now have a good reason to seek out the bereavement group and I don't even know what will happen to Lucas, but I'm fully prepared to see him abandoned by his family. Of course, Julian will get his because he knew all along that Wylie is not the baby that his son had originally adopted. Michael will take Wylie, rename him Jonah (I hate the name so much!). And that will be the end of that. 

The baby hoards will have a toddler and a brand new baby they will name Penguin Firefly if it's a boy or Firefly Penguin if it's a girl in honor of Morgan.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Brad and Lucas are barely day players in this story, and it heavily involves them. They were LITERALLY pulled out of the closet for this crappy story and don't even have any real, substantive POV. As a Brucas and Brad fan, I have not been pleased. This story sucks. 

Plus, the last thing boring Michael needs is a baby. If this show had any imagination or creativity, they would reveal that Nelle lied to Michael about him being the father. That would be the ultimate twist and would be unbelievably cruel of her - make him and his family mourn a child that was never his.  Michael can get a child later. He doesn't need one now, esp. when the kid is just going to go upstairs never to be seen again until a holiday! 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I feel pity for Lucas because Carly didn't give a damn how her actions hurt him/his family when he was a child. I feel pity for Lucas because Carly is all up in his business right now when she hasn't shown any signs of being invested in his well-being over the years. I feel pity for Lucas knowing that Carly will most likely be all "sorry you got hurt bro, but you're not his father, Michael is his father, this little boy belongs with his real father" when the truth comes out. I reallllly hope someone, preferably Lucas, throws in her face that she didn't feel that way when she knew AJ was Michael's father. 

I want a tag team with Brad and Lucas throwing all of the shit that Jason, Sonny and Carly did to others in the name of keeping other people's children away from their families. The reality is, the baby is far safer with them than with Jason, Sonny and Carly. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I reallllly hope someone, preferably Lucas, throws in her face that she didn't feel that way when she knew AJ was Michael's father. 

Even if someone/Lucas says this, Carly will justify it because it's about her. We all know the rules go out the window when it affects Sonny and Carly. It's one of the worst things about the show. It's okay to recognize hypocrisy and be angry about it, Show. Stop trying to have it both ways.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But we forget - because it was barely shown on-screen - that the adoption process took them, what, almost a year

Which is actually really fast IRL, but I get your point.

I dislike intensely how the baby swap was set up, mostly because Lucas is so in the dark about it all. Not only does he have no idea his first baby died, but now he has to find out Wiley is actually Michael's? Ugh. And it's probably too much to ask that Bobbie will truly support her son over her grandson, even though I totally understand the conflict. You know Carly will pay only lip service to the pain Lucas will have and be totally Team Michael. Lucas deserves someone in his corner that strongly. (Julian might be, but he's OMG TEH EVUL, so he doesn't count.)

32 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Plus, the last thing boring Michael needs is a baby. If this show had any imagination or creativity, they would reveal that Nelle lied to Michael about him being the father. That would be the ultimate twist and would be unbelievably cruel of her - make him and his family mourn a child that was never his.  Michael can get a child later. He doesn't need one now, esp. when the kid is just going to go upstairs never to be seen again until a holiday! 

I like this idea of Nelle lying about the paternity—she might as well go all in—but then that means someone else is the father, and I don't want it to be Chase or some random newbie who decides to butt in. I'm so sick and tired of baby/paternity/custody stories. 

26 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

The reality is, the baby is far safer with them than with Jason, Sonny and Carly. 

The baby is safer with Nina, let's face it. Heh.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Even if someone/Lucas says this, Carly will justify it because it's about her. We all know the rules go out the window when it affects Sonny and Carly.

Yes I realize that, but I just want Lucas and possibly Bobbie to point out her hypocrisy to her face, as well as the fact that her "correct" choice resulted in Michael getting shot in the head when he was a tween.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like this idea of Nelle lying about the paternity

There was talk originally that the writers were thinking of changing the paternity from Michael to Dillon (dillon and Nelle were in Moroco with Nina on a photo shoot in and around the time that she could maybe, possibly have conceived).  But I doubt they would change the baby from Michael, who's entire family is onscreen, versus Dillon.  

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes I realize that, but I just want Lucas and possibly Bobbie to point out her hypocrisy to her face, as well as the fact that her "correct" choice resulted in Michael getting shot in the head when he was a tween.

I don't think Bobbie would have any room to talk.  She knew Lucas was Sherryl's and ran around trying to cover it up (with Frisco's help) until Robert discovered the truth.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

There was talk originally that the writers were thinking of changing the paternity from Michael to Dillon (dillon and Nelle were in Moroco with Nina on a photo shoot in and around the time that she could maybe, possibly have conceived).  But I doubt they would change the baby from Michael, who's entire family is onscreen, versus Dillon.  

Thank gawd this didn't happen.  We could have gotten a lot of screaming about how Dillion is an EVUL QUARTERMAINE from murderers, mobsters, and molls.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Thank gawd this didn't happen.  We could have gotten a lot of screaming about how Dillion is an EVUL QUARTERMAINE from murderers, mobsters, and molls.

Yeah, I don't need to listen to that.

I still want Nelle to completely screw over the Corinthii, though.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, TVbitch said:

WTF with Sonny moving a teen boy into the house with his two young daughters. He knows next to nothing about this kid, who has already proven capable of theft and lies (at the very least). And if Raj's people are after him, that puts all of them in danger from that as well. Totally fucking stupid. 

Dev is sketchy as hell and he has terrorist/mobsters after him.  He did help Sonny in Turkey.  However, Sonny does not need to bring him home.  He has a wife who is dealing with a high risk pregnancy, a teenage stepdaughter who is grieving the death of her boyfriend and a preschool aged daughter.  He could put Dev up at Carly's HOTEL, one of the rooms above Kelly's, where he could work or send him to live with Jason.  Carly should be the voice of reason and tell Sonny that it is too dangerous to have Dev around her family.  Those to are idiots.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:
14 hours ago, Jaded said:

The actress Maysoon Zayid has cerebral palsy.

Well, I gotta give props when due. So, good for this show for hiring someone with CP. Maybe it's because I have CP myself and can relate. But it's cool to see more representation.

(I do remember way back in the '80s that an actress with CP on The Facts of Life played Blair's cousin. But that was, as said, ages ago. And really, I could see where her character annoyed. Not because of the CP, but because the dialogue she was often given was so damned preachy some of the time.)

Geri Jewell. And if you ever get the chance, watch "Deadwood". Very different, irreverent role.

Are they really going to have Willow miss her court date because she's being blockaded from leaving the classroom by well-meaning parents? Might as well hogtie her and sit on her for subtlety.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

Are they really going to have Willow miss her court date because she's being blockaded from leaving the classroom by well-meaning parents? Might as well hogtie her and sit on her for subtlety.

Why not reschedule after school is over for the year? It's one frickin' day. The plot-point stupidity is so aggravating.

• Love 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

It's not just that. You know Nina is going to have some sort of meltdown because Willow, I'm assuming, will get to keep her job after all. So it's not just that the parents are not letting her leave, she will have to deal with the 7 year old woman throwing a temper tantrum even though the Bride of Chucky will not even be in her class next year.

Also, while we're at it, they need to stop with Valentin's efforts at French. I fall into an eye roll induced coma every time he chokes out "mon petit" or maybe he's saying "ma petite." Either way, stop. We know, he speaks French and Charlotte is the smartest creepy child who ever smarted.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I'm still wondering why the classroom bully got the "kindness counts" award.  So she called Aiden once to arrange a playdate that I don't recall ever happening.  So what?  Is that progress that should be awarded?

I find it hilarious that a 3rd grade teacher has all this time on her hands hanging around an empty classroom while her students are elsewhere, "art class", "assembly".  From what I remember of grade school, you were stuck all day with the same teacher, and if you went to assembly, your teacher was required to go too. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

and if you went to assembly, your teacher was required to go too. 

Right!  And who was giving the kids their awards if it wasn't their teacher.  Also, were there any parents there other than Friz, Lulu and ValNina?  Are there only two children in that class?!!

36 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

throwing a temper tantrum even though the Bride of Chucky will not even be in her class next year.

I'm guessing the principal will offer Willow the fourth grade next year, so that we can keep having parent/teacher interaction with the same group of kids.  

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I'm guessing the principal will offer Willow the fourth grade next year, so that we can keep having parent/teacher interaction with the same group of kids.  

That means Charlotte won't be going into that advanced program. 

31 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Who is the toddler, Avery? Did I miss it and they de-SORASed her or are the Scarola twins no longer playing her?

I called her a toddler because I haven't got a clue how old she's supposed to be.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Katy M said:

I don't think Bobbie would have any room to talk.  She knew Lucas was Sherryl's and ran around trying to cover it up (with Frisco's help) until Robert discovered the truth.

It's hereditary!

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

I'm still wondering why the classroom bully got the "kindness counts" award.  So she called Aiden once to arrange a playdate that I don't recall ever happening.  So what?  Is that progress that should be awarded?

She was much nicer with Aiden there at the end.

I think it's hilarious that Nina was so angry that Charlotte got a relationship award rather than an academic one.  And I agree with Willow that for Charlotte, this was the more difficult task.

46 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I called her a toddler because I haven't got a clue how old she's supposed to be.

Too young to put her toys away, which suggests she's younger than my Syrian friend's 3 year old. Although this is Morgan's sister so maybe she'll never learn to put her toys away.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

She's 4 1/2. She was born on Halloween of 2014.

She has the same birthday as Maxie.

Willow should be concerned. That was the same judge that took custody away from Maxie and gave Georgie to Spinelli.

(edited)

So I only watch after reading comments here because I will only watch if ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO! is on. And it gave me such JOY to see Jax and Robert together!

Jax: “Robin was my friend—“

Robert: “MY DAUGHTER!!”

Me:🥰🥰❤️❤️🥰🥰

I just wish Jax had said Robin IS my friend. The use of was makes it sound like either Robin no longer is Jax’s friend or that she’s dead.😒

But then all my good FEELINGS were crapped on when Mooby is the next person Robert speaks to and as if ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!! is answerable to that puny Vito/Michael Corleone wannabe. And before I continue my RIGHTEOUS dragging of the petulant man-baby, is Robert no longer working for the WSB or was that a lie he told Mooby to get him off his back?

I wish Robert had gotten in his face and said the only reason he’s even dealing with him is because Mooby was good to Robin after Stone.

And I also want a 🐴 🐎.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

is Robert no longer working for the WSB or was that a lie he told Mooby to get him off his back?

That’s what we’re led to believe. At Peter’s sad birthday party, Robert came in and said the WSB was forcing him into retirement, effective immediately. It seemed purposeless so I figured it was some weird super-undercover thing, but likely it was just a plot point for the subsequent overheard phone conversation with his replacement. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

If Willow misses her court date, does Shiloh automatically get the judgement? 

I don't think so, but this is GH law, so who knows?

14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Willow should be concerned. That was the same judge that took custody away from Maxie and gave Georgie to Spinelli.

I thought that was Judge Cornpone (played by Dakin Matthews; a.k.a. Headmaster Charleston)?

Regardless, the plot-pointiness of Willow missing her court date is so aggravating.

I just wish Jax had said Robin IS my friend. The use of was makes it sound like either Robin no longer is Jax’s friend or that she’s dead.😒

I wondered about the past tense, too. I can buy they aren't in regular communication, but that doesn't mean they aren't still friends.

668834976_ScreenShot2019-06-23at1_54_22PM.png.5f9e72563921c1639041c9c80a21c5fd.png

19 minutes ago, mbluecpa said:

is Robert no longer working for the WSB or was that a lie he told Mooby to get him off his back?

That’s what we’re led to believe. At Peter’s sad birthday party, Robert came in and said the WSB was forcing him into retirement, effective immediately. It seemed purposeless so I figured it was some weird super-undercover thing, but likely it was just a plot point for the subsequent overheard phone conversation with his replacement. 

I think Robert was legit forced out, as he also told Anna about before she left, IIRC.

• Love 3