Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, look! Joss has a new boyfriend! He can help her get over the Sads, while forming a triangle with Cameron. I can already see the storyline, and I’m already yawning.

Who was Foreground Nurse? Are we actually going to revisit the Drew’s Memories story again? (How many times has this been started, then stopped?) I’m guessing this will be Billy’s exit story.  Maybe he will remember he has a better life somewhere else, with family and friends who actually interact with him, where he has something to do besides skulk in the background and swing his arms, and he will go off to join them. Happy ending for Drew!

I understand why Julian didn’t want to be just a handy sperm donor, but I don’t think Kim’s idea was such a misguided one. No, she can’t replace her dead son, and shouldn’t try to. But if she wants another chance to be a mom, and another child she can give her love to, she doesn’t have a lot of time to wait around until the time is “right”.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 30 Helens said:

But if she wants another chance to be a mom, and another child she can give her love to, she doesn’t have a lot of time to wait around until the time is “right”.

So be a foster parent, or sponsor a starving child somewhere. There are many ways to love a child; you don't have to give birth to one. Gah.

• Love 7

I think at Kim's age it kind of is a bad desire. She, of all people, knows what can go wrong with pregnancy, especially a geriatric one, which is what she would medically be.

I just hate that all this show can do with women is have them obsess over fricking babies. I'm a little surprised Jordan and Curtis haven't started on that yet. After all, they're married! What are they waiting for? Jordan has her kidney! Get cracking!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I just hate that all this show can do with women is have them obsess over fricking babies. I'm a little surprised Jordan and Curtis haven't started on that yet. After all, they're married! What are they waiting for? Jordan has her kidney! Get cracking!

Jordan already said she didn't want anymore children. 

And since when did women have to be married to get pregnant? Especially very young women? Good grief, what would be the fun if a couple were married, settled, owned a home and were financially responsible? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Someone needs to direct Mo a little better.  When your wife tells you that your baby might be born with a birth defect, the correct reaction isn't one of "for fucks sake why do I have to put with this shit".  

Lately, whenever Mo's been onscreen, I've thought that something about the way he was holding his mouth reminded me of a little old man. Today, during a close up with Carly I noticed that he didn't seem to have many wrinkles, so now I think maybe he's been botoxed into being even less expressive than he usually is. Maybe the only expression he can generate is  his FFS look. 

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Truth.  I'm also so fucking tired of all these middle aged women getting pregnant like it just happens every day.  Ava, Olivia, Carly, and now Kim wants a kid?!  At least as a doctor she should know that would be highly improbable occurrence. . . . All these ladies should be close to menopause, not popping out kids like it's no big thing.

This. It's kind of insulting that being pregnant is the go-to plotline, and it's kind of ridiculous that so many women that age out of the small PC sample group would want to be pregnant as well. And I think it's probably statistically improbable that so many women in that same group would have birth control fail.

That said, I was very satisfied with Julian's response today. It was exactly what should have been said, and that rarely happens on GH.  I fear we haven't seen the last of I-want-another-baby-Kim, though. Other than the fact that it would deprive Julian of the small bit of happiness that he is being allowed by his family members and associates, I wouldn't mind seeing her go BSCrazy and exit the screen for a mental hospital.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jordan already said she didn't want anymore children. 

Like that makes any difference with these writers. She's had a near-death experience. What better way to celebrate than to create a new life?

• Love 3

I can hardly watch Sonny anymore. He obviously cannot remember his lines or how he’s supposed to act when he says them. It must be difficult for his colleagues (especially Carly) to keep up and wonder when to prompt him to remember his lines. And may I say about Maxie and Lulu? I can’t decide which one is the more stupid, naive, delusional or dangerous. Maxie says that Dante doesn’t need to be at the rehab facility to deal with his PTSB, etc so he doesn’t come home to PC and murder his wife, children, family, friends, neighbors and the folks cleaning the park? Is she nuts? There are no words for what a whack job that Lulu is. Every day, she just gets more and more stupid. No wonder Dante doesn’t want to come home!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Ugh, that Rocco actor is awful.

I'm sure Dante needs the "time isn't infinite" lecture from Joss, of all people. And Maxie, STFU and butt the fuck out. Robert tried to beat it into her brainless head that if Dante doesn't get the treatment he needs, his marriage might not survive. A longer separation now might save things later. 

LOL at the Istanbul urchin picking Lulu's lock with one tool. You need at least two: one to hold the tumblers and the other to trip the lock.

Of course Shiloh wanting his baby is a crime against nature, but for Sonny? It's God's plan that he have every child he fathered in his home. Ugh.

• Love 4

NuRocco is an awful actor but he does look like he could be DZs and ER's natural kid with those eyes.

3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I understand why Julian didn’t want to be just a handy sperm donor, but I don’t think Kim’s idea was such a misguided one. No, she can’t replace her dead son, and shouldn’t try to. But if she wants another chance to be a mom, and another child she can give her love to, she doesn’t have a lot of time to wait around until the time is “right”.

Julian said that he would be positive to it after she's she's had time to properly mourn and is able to appreciate a new baby for its own sake rather than seeing it as another Oscar. I thought it was the perfect answer.

• Love 18

Maxie talking about Lulu doing this dangerous thing shows she needs Dante to come home and is lost without him made me think Maxie doesn't really know her BFF at all. Lulu doing stupid, reckless stuff pre-dates her marriage to, and even the start of her relationship with, Dante. One such moment I remember is JMB's Lulu screaming out to challenge Johnny's father Anthony Z. to come get her. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, jsbt said:

I have no idea why Maxie is still on the show right now.

They missed another opportunity to pair Maxie with Dante after Nathan died. There was a lot of story potential - the both of them grieving a husband and a best friend/partner, Dante trying to comfort her, both angry at Lulu for her role in the whole mess. But I guess they didn't want Dante to cheat on Lulu again.

• Love 2

Martin's been on a year and finally got a decent scene with Drew on her way out. Wow writers

Sonny's reaction to Carly's pregnancy drama made me laugh. First Carly started with the initials for the condition and Sonny rolled his eyes like "too many letters for me to understand" then she tried to hand him some literature sand he reacted like  "What? You expect me to read too?" Too funny!!

Stupid Lulu. Stupid Maxie. Stupid Joss. Smart Julian.

I liked Cynthia Watros yesterday. I interested to see how her Nina interacts with Willow.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I liked Cynthia Watros yesterday. I interested to see how her Nina interacts with Willow.

Considering the low bar that Michelle Stafford set, Cynthia Watros can't lose as an improvement to another USELESS character.   I am interested in JP Stuart's expressions/reactions/acting choices with his new partner. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think at Kim's age it kind of is a bad desire.

I read this, and thought, what age?  I was guessing Kim/TB would be late thirties.  Color me shocked when I went looking and found out she's 48.  She does not look 48.  

8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So which guy is gonna knock up Kim up? Who isn’t getting action? 

Drew

• Love 1

Back when Tamara Braun took over Carly, a lot of people thought she was younger than she was. NLG was giving slightly passive-aggressive Sexis-pushing interviews that year, and she made an adjustment at some point from saying she (NLG) wasn't a midriff-baring 20-year-old to saying she wasn't a midriff-baring 30-year-old. Some of us guessed that she had learned Braun's real age along the way. 

And Braun had, just a couple years before Carly, guested as a high school girl on 7th Heaven, so that was the kind of thing she was getting sent out for. Her future bestie Alicia Leigh Willis played an occasional role on that show. 

So her appearance has always lagged a bit behind her age. She does look great. I wish Kim's material were more interesting. It took a wrong turn at "I know Oscar has cancer but I've never told him" and has never got back on track. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

NuRocco is an awful actor but he does look like he could be DZs and ER's natural kid with those eyes.

I still maintain the kid looks like Colt McCoy. And you're right that he is a bad actor. The kid that plays Aiden is better. This one is up there with Danny and oldJake in the bad acting department.

• Love 1

They missed another opportunity to pair Maxie with Dante after Nathan died. There was a lot of story potential - the both of them grieving a husband and a best friend/partner, Dante trying to comfort her, both angry at Lulu for her role in the whole mess.

I suppose it would have made sense from a purely soapyness standpoint, but one of the consistent things about Maxie is that she had absolutely interest in or use for Dante-- and I've always kind of liked that about her. 

And I'm iwth @30 Helens that foreground nurse with the short hair was super cute!

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I still maintain the kid looks like Colt McCoy. And you're right that he is a bad actor. The kid that plays Aiden is better. This one is up there with Danny and oldJake in the bad acting department.

Speaking of Aiden, did they drop the storyline about him liking princesses and baking which makes him totes gay?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maxie talking about Lulu doing this dangerous thing shows she needs Dante to come home and is lost without him made me think Maxie doesn't really know her BFF at all.

It's also grossly sexist. Ugh, Show!

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Speaking of Aiden, did they drop the storyline about him liking princesses and baking which makes him totes gay?

The school year might be finished (or it nearly is), so this might be on hold for the summer. Or it'll happen whenever the show needs to prop Franco as Best Stepfather Evah!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm hoping they realized how offensive it is and are trying to redo the storyline. Perhaps go with the idea that a person can have whatever interest he or she has and it has to bearing on their sexuality. Crazy concept.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

It's also grossly sexist. Ugh, Show!

Actually, I though Felicia's line to Lulu that 'you know Dante wouldn't approve' was much more offensive because it showed S&C levels of sexism and hypocrisy. First and most obvious, Lulu doesn't need Dante's permission/approval to decide to do something (that doesn't involve Rocco). But Felicia is being hypocritical and sexist because she has never had the "Mac must approve" mindset regarding her own choices and conduct.  Her most recent choice regarding something stupid/dangerous was she and Ava got almost giddy about putting a plan in motion to lure serial killer Ryan back to Port Charles. Mac told them, and Laura once she agreed to it, that the plan was dangerous and he didn't agree with it. They all just got lucky that Ryan decided to make a spectacle of Kevin once he knocked him out, rather than murder him. 

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm hoping they realized how offensive it is and are trying to redo the storyline. Perhaps go with the idea that a person can have whatever interest he or she has and it has to bearing on their sexuality. Crazy concept.

Well, you know, tone deaf is tone deaf. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I still disagree on the Aiden story. I wasn't offended by it. I have been offended and frankly saddened by a lot of the viewer reactions to it, but not by the story itself. It is somewhat hamstrung by the need to tell the story through older characters, the actor/character at the center being so young, but I thought it was decently balanced and one of the better-told stories they've had in recent years. Also...at least some of the people writing GH are themselves gay or lesbian, and may be drawing on their own childhood experiences. Not everyone's personal story is like Lucas's. People's identities and personalities don't always reveal themselves as if they have been engineered to confound stereotypes. 

But I agree it's probably just back-burnered, with the school year out. I hope it hasn't gone away completely, because I don't want certain people pushing for it to be dropped (the "I need Lucky's only son to be a 'normal' child" and the "I'll stop watching if you keep shoving this gay crap down my throat!" people who are vocal on some other sites) to be able to declare victory. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6

I'm actually glad they didn't do Aiden's story during Pride Month.  No way would this show have been able to do that with any kind of subtlety.

It was clever of Joss to take a picture of the burglar. But when the kid kept telliing her that he knows Sonny, why did she just send Sonny the picture on her phone?  He would still have come down to the station but at least she would have looked a bit more intelligent.

Why can't Carly eat just one cheeseburger or BLT? How is one burger more unhealthy than a wrap?  Get her a turkey burger if beef is too bad. I hate this Carly Feeding storyline because it so reminiscent of the argument that women are just baby-breeders rather than having autonomy in their own right.

I liked Lulu laying into Joss about the danger of going into a house where there may be a burglary going on. But seriously, the PCPD doesn't know about the dating burglar when the media do?  I know Jordan is ill and all but isn't anyone replacing her in the brains department?

• Love 7

My objection to the Aidan story is the examples they chose. Baking? Liking princesses? Neither of these is some definite marker for being gay or even gender-questioning. Kids like a bunch of stuff at different stages. Sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not saying Aiden has to start dressing like Liza Minnelli or RuPaul in order to be gay, but let's also not use examples that are truly nonstarters. 

14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why can't Carly eat just one cheeseburger or BLT? How is one burger more unhealthy than a wrap?  Get her a turkey burger if beef is too bad. I hate this Carly Feeding storyline because it so reminiscent of the argument that women are just baby-breeders rather than having autonomy in their own right.

Her terrible eating habits have been a part of her character for a long time. There have been many comments about her love of frozen pizza. Sonny is always condescending about it.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

My objection to the Aidan story is the examples they chose. Baking? Liking princesses? Neither of these is some definite marker for being gay or even gender-questioning. Kids like a bunch of stuff at different stages. Sometimes it means something, sometimes it doesn't. I'm not saying Aiden has to start dressing like Liza Minnelli or RuPaul in order to be gay, but let's also not use examples that are truly nonstarters. 

It reminded me of the Friends episode when Ross freaks out because Ben wanted to play with a Barbie and tries during a whole episode to give him a G.I Joe instead.

The premise they chose for Aidan was stupid. And they decided that the adults in Aidan's life were the ones who would decide who Aidan was and what he was. They spoke to him for a hot second where the child wasn't really all that able to express himself.

I like that he was encouraged to do something he liked doing and that he looked much happier and I thought the kid did manage to rise to the challenge. The story was a huge miss for the most part, though.

• Love 3

I love Genie and Jon together.  They make me believe that Laura and Kevin are a real couple that love each other.

I also love Chase.  It helps that he's super pretty, but everything today made me love him.  Giving Willow the key to his place and letting her know that he's there for her.  Pointing out to Lulu that she's not an undercover cop.  

I loved the Lulu/Joss scene where Lulu tore a strip off of her for walking into the house and then looking like she felt a little guilty since her column is what caused the break in and possible endangering of Joss, in the first place.    I thought both Eden and Emme did a good job with Emme losing her shit and Eden being all teenagery, "why are you yelling at me" type thing.  

Maybe it was the mood I was in, but I didn't hate the Carly/Jason scene at the end where she's worried about Joss and saying she's more stressed waiting at home than had she gone down to the station.  

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Her terrible eating habits have been a part of her character for a long time. There have been many comments about her love of frozen pizza. Sonny is always condescending about it.

I know, it's been a running joke. But this one crossed the line for me because not only were they commenting on her eating habits, and Sonny and Jason trying to control her as they usually do, her son is now controlling her too.  Yes, she should eat healthy for the baby. But she's an adult, if she wants to have a bite of a cheeseburger for a change, or even a whole damn cheeseburger one time, she should be allowed to. She's more than a baby incubator.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think at Kim's age it kind of is a bad desire.

I read this, and thought, what age?  I was guessing Kim/TB would be late thirties.  Color me shocked when I went looking and found out she's 48.  She does not look 48.  

Yeah, given Oscar was 17 when he died and Kim said she was in med school (I think--unless misremembering) when she got pregnant, the character is probably supposed to be 40-ish, not late 40's.  

15 hours ago, paisley said:

Sonny's reaction to Carly's pregnancy drama made me laugh. First Carly started with the initials for the condition and Sonny rolled his eyes like "too many letters for me to understand" then she tried to hand him some literature sand he reacted like  "What? You expect me to read too?" Too funny!!

MB was absolutely awful in that scene.  He portrayed it that Sonny was pissed that Carly was getting these tests done.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I was shocked to see that Jason is capable of being deliberately funny/sarcastic. If three guys had been trying to supervise/manage any woman other than Carly  (ok, or Maxie) I would have found those scenes gross BUT Carly is indeed an overgrown teenager who doesn't have the sense to think before she eats, takes action, or even speaks. 

The Chase & Willow and Laura & Kevin scenes were sweet.  Finn offering to be a friend and listen to Kevin if needs it came off as kind of odd. Maybe chalk that up to ME? I assume Finn is going to be the one to need Kevin to talk to this summer.

I think?? ER was trying to show that Lulu had a glimmer of self-awareness when she was yelling at Joss.  Also, Show, Dante is not Joss's "brother." Lulu dear, you know that Olivia is not Joss's mother and Sonny is not Joss's father - he's her step-dad.  Your husband is Joss's cousin-in-law (due to your marriage) and her step-brother via Sonny's marriage to her mother/your cousin. Lulu's defiant "because I'm an investigative reporter!" response to Chase made me roll my eyes. 

Speaking of eye-rolling, Willow's last line to Michael.  Hey Michael, if Willow says she doesn't want to talk about it, respect that as her friend - aim higher in life than being like your mother.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

Kevin getting his job reinstated didn't seem like a big deal considering how little impact the loss of his job has had. Outside of his brief court case, it had no bearing on Kevin's story these past few months. Really, the job issue was just a loose end that needed tying up to center Kevin and keep him and Laura on the path to happiness (and I am glad to see them happy).

I've had my fill of Jason/Sonny/Michael being so ridiculously controlling of Carly's behavior while pregnant. It's clearly supposed to be protective but comes across like they're putting a grown woman on a leash. It's Carly's body and baby and Carly's decision on how to care for it and I don't think it's funny to watch a bunch of men dictating her choices. And damn, what kind of message does it send that they feel free to monitor her so closely only when she's pregnant?

No matter how much I love Chase, I didn't like him proudly listing Sonny and Jason's contributions to "Wiley's Army." Even if he doesn't condone their methods he's sure willing to appreciate them so long as it's benefiting his girlfriend. Since Chase is genuinely such a great guy,  I'd really prefer a greater demarcation between him and Sonny's ilk.

• Love 3

Carly is a baby. Her sandwich sounded delicious!

2 hours ago, Linny said:

Kevin getting his job reinstated didn't seem like a big deal considering how little impact the loss of his job has had.

I thought Laura was a little too disingenuous saying, "Kevin made a mistake." Yeah, one that got three people killed. That's a bit more than a mistake.

Laura, pizza with champagne is delicious! The bubbles cut through the cheezy goodness in the most delightful way.

I wondered if we'd get a Turkey flashback. MB's facial expressions were hilarious, like Sonny really had to think hard if he knew the kid. Which he probably did have to do, seeing as how Sonny is an idiot.

I wonder who Shiloh's lawyer will turn out to be. The "shark" reference made me think Nora, but I can't see her defending a cult leader with her experience with Colin.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I still disagree on the Aiden story. I wasn't offended by it. I have been offended and frankly saddened by a lot of the viewer reactions to it, but not by the story itself. It is somewhat hamstrung by the need to tell the story through older characters, the actor/character at the center being so young, but I thought it was decently balanced and one of the better-told stories they've had in recent years. Also...at least some of the people writing GH are themselves gay or lesbian, and may be drawing on their own childhood experiences. Not everyone's personal story is like Lucas's. People's identities and personalities don't always reveal themselves as if they have been engineered to confound stereotypes. 

Which may have been part of the problem? Their experiences at that age are several decades out of date at this point. Reality TV is a thing. Other moms are more likely to force their kid to be nice to a child who might end up on a TV baking show than to exclude him because he bakes at age 6(?). The examples were dated stereotypes that already feel regressive and eye-rolly.

The story also wasn't about Aiden, it was about the adults around him (mostly Franco!) reacting - and then everyone ignoring the fact that Aiden* was much more likely to be excluded because his stepfather is a SERIAL KILLER who arranged to have an 18-year old boy raped and then made that rape the centerpiece of a public outdoor art installation. 

I actually think it's a decent idea for a soap to have a child who doesn't have to come out as a teen because he's grown up gay onscreen. But I think  this story was a piss poor attempt  at that. I also think Spencer makes much more sense in that role - both because of the actor and the  fact that Spencer's family would actually care. 

*and Jake and Cam

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder who Shiloh's lawyer will turn out to be.

Tea?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Laura was a little too disingenuous saying, "Kevin made a mistake." Yeah, one that got three people killed. That's a bit more than a mistake.

I'm torn.  It's not like I wanted Kevin miserable and suffering given the many criminals walking around without a care in the world, but I feel like they pivoted away from Kevin having to face consequences a tad too quickly.  Why even introduce the idea to immediately sweep it away?  And now his life is 100% back to the way it was before?  That's kinda weak sauce.

12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder who Shiloh's lawyer will turn out to be. The "shark" reference made me think Nora, but I can't see her defending a cult leader with her experience with Colin.

Nora (to Shiloh): I've met Mitch Laurence, little boy, you are no cult leader.

• Love 5

I would love to see Diane and Nora go up against each other in a case against this low life, rapist, mind controlling, misogynist. Go at it, girls! As an attorney, I could never defend someone like Shiloh no matter how the law said everyone is entitled to an adequate defense. Not everyone, folks. Not everyone. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Which may have been part of the problem? Their experiences at that age are several decades out of date at this point. Reality TV is a thing. Other moms are more likely to force their kid to be nice to a child who might end up on a TV baking show than to exclude him because he bakes at age 6(?).

Forcing a kid to be nice to another child rarely works, IMO. The most parents can do is insist that a child be invited to something, with which their child will go along resentfully, and forbidding/punishing active cruelty. But making them like someone and enjoy someone? That's much harder. And even the most hovering parent cannot be around 24/7 for every interaction. So the "different" kids such as Aiden often have tough, lonely childhoods socially, and a supportive home is important. Depicting that reality is something I think the story has done well.   

The examples were dated stereotypes that already feel regressive and eye-rolly.

I don't agree here. With Aiden, it isn't any one thing as much as it's a cluster that supports intuition of the people close to him. But again, both points of view have been served. Cameron (who seems conflicted about the idea of having a gay brother) said, "You think he's gay just because he bakes?" and Franco said it's a little more than that. Elizabeth said she's considered for a long time, even before the bullying began, that it could be possible.

Sometimes an aggressive disavowal of "stereotypes" in drama can be harmful, in that it erases the reality of some people by making them marginal or invisible. It can also result in silly overreach. A hypothetical example would be if someone in production gave a note that Brad and Lucas can't be mentioned in passing to be hosting an Academy Awards party or watching RuPaul's Drag Race; they have to be doing something involving sports. Or the RuPaul's Drag Race plug has to be given to straight characters.  

The story also wasn't about Aiden, it was about the adults around him (mostly Franco!) reacting

I'd argue that Elizabeth and Cameron have had just as much of a voice in it as Franco, but why doesn't that make sense? The adults and young adults are the main characters and contract players on the show. It's about Aiden as much as it can be with a young actor who can only be asked to do so much, because of the age-related limitations on his abilities and the restrictions of his on-set time.  

- and then everyone ignoring the fact that Aiden* was much more likely to be excluded because his stepfather is a SERIAL KILLER who arranged to have an 18-year old boy raped and then made that rape the centerpiece of a public outdoor art installation.

There are also kids on the show whose parents are gangland figures. Even some of the "good," law-abiding, even law-practicing characters have murders to their credit. Within the world of Port Charles, in the hierarchy of schoolchildren, a kid would be more likely to be ostracized for being who he/she is than for family members' stories from 2009, 1996 or 1981. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6

I'm just gonna come out and say it: I haven't minded the recent Sonny/Carly/Jason scenes. 

HEAR ME OUT, I HAVE REASONS. 

It has nothing to do with them, their storyline, their acting. I barely listen to what they're saying. 

I simply love that they're using the Corinthos kitchen set a lot for those scenes. It is fabulous and I kind of covet the decor!!

I'm not horrible, right??? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

With Aiden, it isn't any one thing as much as it's a cluster that supports intuition of the people close to him. But again, both points of view have been served. Cameron (who seems conflicted about the idea of having a gay brother) said, "You think he's gay just because he bakes?" and Franco said it's a little more than that. Elizabeth said she's considered for a long time, even before the bullying began, that it could be possible. <snip>

It 's about Aiden as much as it can be with a young actor who can only be asked to do so much, because of the age-related limitations on his abilities and the restrictions of his on-set t i me .

Then commit to it, and tell a story about Aiden being gay. Either age up the kid so he can be part of his own story, or choose an older child on the canvas who can do it. Because most of this story felt like Morgan's penguins and fireflies - with the "cluster of things" only occurring offscreen.

Franco was a famous artist before he moved to Port Charles and his trial for serial murder and rape took place in Port Charles 5 years ago, right before his stint in the mental hospital. But parents were excluding Aidan from birthday parties because of Aidan's behavior?  There is no way that that matters more to the parents of his schoolmates than the fact that Franco lives with him.

And Guza did write Sonny's kids as being isolated because of their father. They didn't have friends. Michael made up an imaginary child when he was little, and he was ostracized when he was older. Morgan was sent off to military school under his mother's name. The other parents did care, and their kids did too.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3