Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Is it possible that the dead woman isn't dead?  It's not like either Curtis or Laura paid that close attention to her.  she could have been faking and when Ryan knocked out Curtis she helped him tie them up.  

But there was a knife sticking out of her, and blood pouring out of her chest...right? Or did I imagine that?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Cam is lucky the llama didn't spit at him.

Haha, that’s exactly what I was waiting for. I would never get my face that close to a llama.

Re. DoD house: They have a bunch of people living there, right? Why is nobody ever home? And aren’t there already a bunch of cameras in place? I could swear I’ve overhead video from both the living room and the initiation/rape room.  Because if so, there’s no reason Shiloh wouldn’t have seen all the shenanigans that have been going on, including today. I will say, though, it was nice of him to leave the front door unlocked so Jason didn’t have to kick it in again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Hater said:

But Joss will magically appear with one!

But she would already have had one ready to go since she was originally planning on performing with Oscar.  

I'm more surprised that Yvonne and Mike had formal wear in their nursing home closets to wear to the occasion.  

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

But there was a knife sticking out of her, and blood pouring out of her chest...right?

I remember the blood, because I thought it looked fake, but I don't remember a knife.  

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I could swear I’ve overhead video from both the living room and the initiation/rape room.

For sure over the living room because he had overhead shots of him and Sam with the red scarf.  Which she found in her file which seemed to gross her out, so she would know the cameras are there.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I guess the new teen couple will be Joss & Cam. They are nice kids but kinda boring. Not to mention they look a lot a like. Are we sure they aren't related? Ewwww!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

. . . I'm more surprised that Yvonne and Mike had formal wear in their nursing home closets to wear to the occasion.  

. . . For sure over the living room because he had overhead shots of him and Sam with the red scarf.  Which she found in her file which seemed to gross her out, so she would know the cameras are there.  

Is anyone else bemused by the bizarro-world memory issues that folks in PC seem to have? The dementia patients seem to have no real short term memory loss although they can't remember their past (where they apparently frequently attended formal affairs), and Sam can't remember something that creeped her out a couple of days ago. There must be some more realistic ways to move the story forward. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Me, I'm just hoping Cam brings his new friend on stage, scraps whatever syrupy Oscar-related dirge he was planning to sing, and performs the Neil Young classic "(I'm Gonna) Ride My Llama." 

Someone on a popular social media platform said she looks forward to the NB episodes more than anything else, because of all the amazing musical talent the cast shows. Is it possible that there are pro-GH bots? I don't trust anything anymore. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Lulu's "She does?" when she heard Molly was going to write an exposé for the Intruder. Uh-oh, someone has some competition for the Girl Reporter title! 

Double LOL at "I can mentor her."

I know! If anything, Molly should mentor Lulu. Molly at least presumably understands journalistic practices.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also liked Alexis trying to explain her relationship with Jax to Neil.

I loved both men's bemused looks during that, and Neil's "I take it you're good friends?" to Jax. Though I was also kind of annoyed that they had Alexis babble-explain things in the first place. A simple introduction was all that was necessary.

12 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

the amazing musical talent the cast shows

Of the current folks, Sonya Eddy has legit pipes—she wasn't autotuned like everyone else. James Patrick Stuart is pretty good, too. I think the main problem is the songs are chosen for some plot advancement or to be "hip" rather than be in a range the singer is comfortable in. Hence the horrendous autotuning we're subjected to.

• Love 6

How many times has Alexis been married? Was she in lurv with Jax when she married him? I'm surprised that they still haven't put Alexis and Jullian back together. I mean how long ago was it that he had a knife to her throat? Isn't there a statue of limitation on soaps for dumb ideas? Just put them back together and call it a day. WD doesn't have chemestry with TB but NLG does have nice chemestry with the actor playing Neil.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Was she in lurv with Jax when she married him? 

No. Theirs was a marriage of convenience. She was involved with Ned at the time, and Chloe was involved with Jax. I forget why they did the switcharoo. But Alexis and Jax are best friends. They love and respect each other.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. Theirs was a marriage of convenience. She was involved with Ned at the time, and Chloe was involved with Jax. I forget why they did the switcharoo. But Alexis and Jax are best friends. They love and respect each other.

Chloe's uncle left everything to her in his will, but only if she married for love.  Chloe wanted a business arrangement, so she married Ned instead of Jax.  They went off to Vegas with Alexis and Jax and her Aunt Gertrude showed up and said that if she were eloping it couldn't possibly be love (not sure that's true, but whatever).  So, then they lied and said they were there for Jax and Alexis to get married.

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! If anything, Molly should mentor Lulu. Molly at least presumably understands journalistic practices.

She also is finishing up a degree in literature and is a published author. Two things that Girl Reporter does not.

Also way to keep your eye on the pulse of Port Charles. Not only does Lulu not heard of Dawn of Day but that is also a cult. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

What the eff was Joss wearing?  She pulled off a shower curtain and away she went.  

Love, love, love Cameron.  

Her dress was hideous.

I found Cam's voice to be just average, but his stage presence is awesome. Sometimes, music isn't just about pristine vocals. It's about the whole package.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anna just sounded and looked the fool today. 

17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Double LOL at "I can mentor her."

Anna looked even more foolish today. That lame proposal and then the hesitation and acceptance, followed by Anna wanting to ditch the NB to celebrate alone with Finn and their extreme awkwardness together in their room ... so much UGH.  It is all just a really bad look for Anna.  Felicia's "perfect for each other" line was just more WTF-ery.

I also thought it was hilarious that Lulu, with no writing/lit background who fancies herself an awesome reporter, told Peter she would be happy to "mentor" Molly. Molly, who has been reading real authors all her life and is studying lit in college, is probably a better writer than you could ever hope to be, Girl Reporter.

I turned off Dr. O & Franco's performance. I just can't, re: both or either of them.

I wanted Willow to slap Nina *hard* for that uber bitch comment about giving the baby up for adoption.  

GH is sooo subtle about Cam being Josslyn's next love. Cam's performance was fabulous! It made me wish Lucky could be seen suddenly appearing to see his son perform. Elizabeth, in character, would at least mention Lucky and their past after seeing how talented Cam was. Instead, we get the Hayden name drop because the writers wanted the audience to think that Finn and Anna getting engaged at the NB is so awesome and beautiful and exciting.  Uh, no not so much.

Ava looked fantastic on stage;  I did not know she could sing. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Zander is Cam's dad.

No, Zander was Cameron's biological/birth father. Lucky is Cam's father in that he raised him until Lucky left Port Charles. Lucky and Elizabeth considered Cam to be their son (although he may not have legally adopted him). I believe Lucky even spoke of wanting to teach Cam music. Cam, when he was a kid, said "I love you Dad" to Lucky a few times. They considered themselves to be father and son.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I turned off Dr. O & Franco's performance. I just can't, re: both or either of them.

General Hospial under Frank’s rule has lost so much heart and feeling. The show is beyond repair.

• Love 5
(edited)

MW cannot sing. Please do not let her near a stage or a microphone again.  Last year was bad enough...but they topped it.

Roger Howarth is a clown. 

All these actors are now willing to do anything and everything to make a buck without giving any shits about the product that airs on screen.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Because nothing says "fun act for charity" than the serial killer and sexual assaulter teaming up with the international terrorist and kidnapper to sing a song that ends with them literally dropping the mics on the line "we don't have anything to be guilty for." With the man he had raped in prison, the woman he drugged and sexually assaulted, the teenager he kidnapped as a baby, and the woman he strapped to a bomb, as well as Robin's entire family, watch from the audience.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

MW cannot sing. Please to not let her near a stage or a microphone again.  Last year was bad enough...but they topped it.

Roger Howarth is a clown. 

All these actors are now willing to do anything and everything to make a buck without giving any shits about the product that airs on screen.

It’s funny in a sad way bc it’s all these actors who were “big names” back in the day and now they just look desperate to keep that feeling alive for themselves. 

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Because nothing says "fun act for charity" than the serial killer and sexual assaulter teaming up with the international terrorist and kidnapper to sing a song that ends with them literally dropping the mics on the line "we don't have anything to be guilty for." With the man he had raped in prison, the woman he drugged and sexually assaulted, the teenager he kidnapped as a baby, and the woman he strapped to a bomb, as well as Robin's entire family, watch from the audience.

It’s fucking gross.

(edited)

The vocals sounded terrible for everyone!  Please just stop this!

Frankie Valli has to resent listening to MW destroy his song.  Christopher Walken and Robert DeNiro even aced that in The Deer Hunter.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

the teenager he kidnapped as a baby,

Not to split hairs (and yet, I am!!) Franco kidnapped Aiden, not Cameron.  but I get where you were going with that.  

4 minutes ago, Hater said:

The vocals sounded terrible for everyone!

I actually though Cam sounded pretty decent.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Not to split hairs (and yet, I am!!) Franco kidnapped Aiden, not Cameron.  but I get where you were going with that.  

I actually meant Joss. Wasn't Franco creepy with baby Joss?

• Love 1
(edited)

They could have replaced Kelly Monaco with a mannequin and no one would have known the difference.  Not only by how she was "acting" but she wasn't needed!

I know she has to get her minimums in, but Sam could have sat in the bathroom the entire time.  This show is stuck on stupid.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

General Hospial under Frank’s rule has lost so much heart and feeling. 

I was thinking that when Lucy did the intro for Dr. O. Dr. O happily tortured/helped hold HIV+ Robin captive, endangering her life, so even allowing the woman at the NB is in very poor taste - but having her as a performer is just appalling (and that was my reaction before I realized Franco would be joining her on stage).   

Anna, who claims to love Robin more than anything, is totes happy to leave this event that means so much to Robin and other survivors, in order to "celebrate our engagement." Excuse me?! Instead of appropriately having Robert, Anna and Mac on stage to each have a line about HIV research, their love for Robin and a mention of Stone, Anna's brief speech was a way for her to be on stage to allow for the yucky Anna-Finn spectacle. 

It's ironic that Cam - a teenager who does not personally know Robin and never met Stone - is the one showing grace and respect for those who did not live long enough to be there. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9
22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't Franco creepy with baby Joss?

Carly came home to find JF Franco holding Joss in the nursery.

18 minutes ago, Hater said:

They could replaced have Kelly Monaco with a mannequin and no one would have known the difference. 

Mannequins don't have big enough boobs.  

15 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It's ironic that Cam - a teenager who does not personally know Robin and never met Stone - is the one showing grace and respect for those who did not live long enough to be there. 

I'm willing to bet 10 dollars that Cam was referring to Oscar and not anyone who has passed of Aids.  

15 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

have a line about HIV research,

The Nurses's Ball used to be about awareness but since it was revived it's all about surprises and shocking turns of events and returns of the dead and who's the daddy.  

• Love 3

I thought Cam sounded fine as far as his voice goes, but he tended to do that thing that many teenage singers do today where he didn't enunciate at all.

I'm also one of the weirdos who didn't mind Franco and Leisl's number. It was cheesy and I'm sure their characters were inappropriate (wasn't watching duringall of that) but I like both characters week enough and KG does have talent.

I hate Nina. Why can't Sonny just kill her? Charlotte seems like a junior sociopath; why can she not kill Nina? Why can't Nina just fall off the Ferry on her way to Spoon Island and drown? Why can't the ghost of Helena haunt her until she kills herself in terror? The fact that Willow didn't slap Nina, much less kick the crap out of her shows that Willow has more class and decorum than Nina could ever hope to have.

Love Chase.

Why with Anna Anna Finn? Why?

Anyone watch AHS Freak show? MW's performance reminded me of Jessica Lange in that.

• Love 5

When Ava began “singing”, I thought this was the light hearted, humorous, jokey part of the show. Holy Shit, people! As bad as the other singers were, she was absolutely pitiful and embarrassing. I cannot believe she agreed to do that on television. Even on General Hospital.

• Love 5

Putting aside a number that sounds like it would give me an embolism, I'll just ask: Why is mobster and cold-blooded killer Ava singing at the Nurses Ball? Almost as ludicrous as dreaded Cassadine scion Valentin singing Billy Joel.

• Love 8

MW can’t sing. She can speak sing but not sing 🎤 sing. I’m not sure who insist she can and also insist she performs. Everyone has a lane and singing isn’t MW lane. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Putting aside a number that sounds like it would give me an embolism, I'll just ask: Why is mobster and cold-blooded killer Ava singing at the Nurses Ball? Almost as ludicrous as dreaded Cassadine scion Valentin singing Billy Joel.

General question for anyone: Who are the bad guys on this show? Shiloh? Is that it right now? Or will he be performing next year because Frank can’t let go of the actor?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

General question for anyone: Who are the bad guys on this show? Shiloh? Is that it right now? Or will he be performing next year because Frank can’t let go of the actor?

Shiloh is suppose to be but is more likable than 90% of the cast.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2019 at 1:28 PM, Kiki777 said:

I believe Helena Cassadise could have recovered from decapitation.  'Cause she was that awesome.  A perfectly coiffed head would have grown out of her severed neck.

That’s what I always thought her signature string of pearls were for. Remove those and her head falls off.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Julian is still treated like a horrible human being by much of Port Charles. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

As bad as the other singers were, she was absolutely pitiful and embarrassing.

I think the opposite. I thought MW was awesome. Not many people have her guts or class. She and the cast have fun doing them because it's different from their everyday lines they recite. I also liked Liesl singing, and she looked amazing. That song is quite a familiar one from my childhood. My mom loved Babs, and she would put on her 8-tracks and send it blasting throughout the entire house.

5 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I found Cam's voice to be just average, but his stage presence is awesome. Sometimes, music isn't just about pristine vocals. It's about the whole package.

I thought his performance was very average, and he looked and sounded just like some typical whiter than pale ass white guy on American Idol.

Willow really needed to smack the hell out of Nina. I was glad to hear her talk back, but it just wasn't enough. In a way it's too bad MS is leaving, it would have been nice to see her grovel. But I'm certainly not complaining.

Joss' hair was fantastic, but her dress was simply awful.

Shiloh and the cult stuff is really tired.

As far as the characters performing that have done bad things, I think they feel like this is almost a show within a show for performances. The reactions in the audience can be worth it. Nina actually pulled a hilarious embarrassed face when Liesl was singing.

Kelly might be stiff as a board as far as acting the past couple of days, but the girls are still impressive.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I thought MW's act was a blast.  She changed up the classic song, and it was fun.  She certainly is a bombshell!   

I like Cam, Willow, and Chase.  Joss has possibilities in a story with Cam.  Everything else is just omg so bad right now.  I cannot wait for the ball and this DOD storyline to be kaputy.   Like, everyone is plotting to get Ryan to attack Kevin and Ava, and yet still, Kevin is taken by surprise and knocked out.  What a joke.

I was actually embarrassed for Kelly hanging out of her dress like that.  I cringed every time she came on screen.  Just cringed. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 5

Was KG singing with an accent? I like "Guilty"—it's an excellent pop song. Plus, Babs and Barry Bee Gee were a great duo.

Cam's face when he saw it was Franco singing was hilarious. Actually, everyone had really good expressions. 

Oof, Joss's dress was hideous.

Gee, Sam, who'd've thought that not telling people you're trying to bring down Shiloh would backfire? 

MW was grievously autotuned last year, so it was a pleasant surprise they dialed it way back this year. I didn't like the arrangement at all, though. It reminded me of Lenny Kravitz's tuneless cover of "American Woman."

• Love 5
(edited)

I will credit MW with trying. They all tried, but this is not their thing.  FV should not be having non singers sing.  

Apparently the Shiloh actor can sing...wait for next year.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Was KG singing with an accent? I like "Guilty"—it's an excellent pop song. Plus, Babs and Barry Bee Gee were a great duo.

Pretty sure she was, which makes it even more impressive. EDIT: KG confirmed that she did keep the accent consistent throughout the song, which took a lot of focus.

Franco was the one that I felt couldn't sing at all.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

I was actually embarrassed for Kelly hanging out of her dress like that.  I cringed every time she came on screen.  Just cringed. 

I think her hair and make up are much better than last year.  However, the gown is too Kim Kardashian.  The material is the tackiest part to me.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

Holy God. I though Chase's lame boy band moves yesterday were hard to watch, but Franco and Ava are making my ears bleed. 

Please Lord, let Ryan kill a few more people before he bites it.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Why does Kim look so heavy in her gold dress when she’s skinny as a rail? Odd. She had light duty on the dialogue today. No sign of Jason or Spinelli today. It’s a win for everyone. Thanks, Frank.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Why does Kim look so heavy in her gold dress when she’s skinny as a rail? Odd. She had light duty on the dialogue today. No sign of Jason or Spinelli today. It’s a win for everyone. Thanks, Frank.

Spoiler

Oh it's coming....Thursday and Friday...Scam needs rescuing.

I didn't see today, but my dear Dr. O should be crashing the ball to sing her evil heart out, not invited on stage.  And she certainly shouldn't have to carry Franco on her back; I hate their friendship.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Hater said:

I will credit MW with trying. They all tried, but this is not their thing.  FV should not be having non singers sing.  

Apparently the Shiloh actor can sing...wait for next year.

Shiloh will be dating Maxie in two years.