Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Of course Sonny makes the Nurses Ball all about him. Him threatening Shiloh was laughably inadequate. DoD thinks of itself as a family, you idiot, so you're "Family first, always" is hardly something to get nervous about.

5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sitting back and waiting for the Jax fan outrage.  I'm interested in Jax/Nina.

Same. Especially since she will not be playing by MS anymore.

MS not being Nina anymore is the only reason I have even a modicum of interest in Jax/Nina. Here's hoping Nina gets a maturity upgrade along with a new actor. (When is Cynthia Watros's first air date?)

Robert Fucking! Scorpio in a tuxedo was the balm my troubled soul needed today. He's so dreamy.

LOL at some people's expression of "Wow! The room looks amazing!" to other's "Yeah, whatever. I need more booze."

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hopefully also nuNina will not say Ava Jzzzzerome either.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Sonny makes the Nurses Ball all about him. Him threatening Shiloh was laughably inadequate. DoD thinks of itself as a family, you idiot, so you're "Family first, always" is hardly something to get nervous about.

He said "family first, at any cost". Yes, even if he has to shoot them himself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I didn't like the look Liz had on at all.

Sam looked better than last year and her hair/make up was nice but the outfit was Kim Kardashian trashy.

Maxie. Awful.

Carly looked good.

I don't like the flower on Nina's dress but I think that dress out of all of them works nicely on Stafford's body.  Everyone else had some ill fitting ensemble.

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh did the Ball start today?

All I want to know is if Robin was there? And if Robert was there?

That's right. Those are the only two I give a Frack about.

Robin wasn't. 

Robert was with Fanna.  <voms>

I admit that sometimes I'm doing other things while the show is on, but, did we ever actually see Ryan, or is that just a given that he's the one who killed the woman in the house and then tied up Laura and Curtis? 

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I heard something about Lucy and Scotty getting up to shenanigans.  Any truth to it?  Did Serena get name checked like last year?

As far as I know from Twitter, Scotty/Lucy had a plan for Lucy to proposition Kevin in one of the hotel rooms while Scotty brought Ava up to the room so Ava could "catch" them. 

Or something like that. Someone else can correct me if I am wrong. 

45 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

but, did we ever actually see Ryan,

We haven't seen Ryan yet, but Laura was talking to Curtis today as though it was him and she would know since she saw him come at her on wednesday.  (Laura and Curtis were knocked out and tied to chairs.  Came to, untied themselves and got out of the house just as it exploded)

8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I heard something about Lucy and Scotty getting up to shenanigans.

Lucy and Scott are pissed that Ava and Kevin are together.  They have an employee tell Kevin that a woman passed out and needs medical attention in one of the hotel rooms.  Kevin heads up there,  It's Lucy begging to stay away from Ava.  Meanwhile Scott convinces Ava to go up to that room with him and opens the door with an "AHA" moment, expecting Kevin and Lucy to be doing something that Ava won't want to see, but his expression shows that might not be what's going on.  

2 hours ago, Hater said:

Robert was with Fanna.

Not really.  They walked in first, and then he walked in on his own.  And Finn immediately asked him where the eff his ring is.  I've adored Robert since I was 15 (which was way longer ago than I care to admit!!) but he was wrong to take the ring and not return it immediately.  That's shit I would expect from Franco, not Robert Effin' Scorpio

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Da Fuck?

Oh yaaaawwwwwn.

At least last year had Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! all scruffy, head toward Valentin and cold cock him.

I knew I wasn't the only one who enjoyed that part of the Nurses Ball more than any other part.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Lucy and Scott are pissed that Ava and Kevin are together.  They have an employee tell Kevin that a woman passed out and needs medical attention in one of the hotel rooms.  Kevin heads up there,  It's Lucy begging to stay away from Ava.  Meanwhile Scott convinces Ava to go up to that room with him and opens the door with an "AHA" moment, expecting Kevin and Lucy to be doing something that Ava won't want to see, but his expression shows that might not be what's going on.  

I mean, that does sound like classic Lucy and Scotty.  But...while I would rather have Kevin and Lucy back together and see the show give Ava and Scotty a spin, if they're committed to not doing that, I kinda want Lucy and Scotty to just get together, for realsies.  And then bring in their daughters to cause problems! #idreamedadream

ETA...oh, but there's Lucy on stage at the Ball in the previews for Monday.  Suspenseful! #eyeroll 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Oh, and I guess they redid the opening again?  Pros - they slooowed down the flipbook and actually showed THE HOSPITAL in the cityscape behind the logo.  Cons - this awful new theme music.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

As far as I know, it’s Ryan who tied up Laura and Curtis but we never actually saw anyone do it. 

How could Ryan tie up two people with one hand?   Either it's not Ryan or he has an accomplice. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Not really.  They walked in first, and then he walked in on his own.  And Finn immediately asked him where the eff his ring is.  I've adored Robert since I was 15 (which was way longer ago than I care to admit!!) but he was wrong to take the ring and not return it immediately.  That's shit I would expect from Franco, not Robert Effin' Scorpio

Meh. Maybe. But Finn is so UGH! that I don't mind Robert fucking him over in any way imaginable.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maxie's extensions are heinous.

so she made out of a Toronto blizzard and sex with Peter  to be back in time to get full extensions and get ready for the nurses ball.  When she thought Peter was taking her away to Paris did she at anytime say "oh btw I have a hair appointment tomorrow morning for the nurses ball tomorrow night".

Carly's hair is the best it has looked in a looong time.  And I think I asked this before but forget if anyone answered, is LW pregnant is real life?

• Love 2
(edited)

Some random thoughts on today's show...

I always hate flesh tone inserts so it's unfortunate that Shondra had one because I actually liked her dress and her hair...I would have loved Lucy's dress if she didn't have those flesh colored panels on the sides but then again she would have been half naked...

I liked Carly's dress and for once I didn't mind her hair and I loved her earrings

I thought Maxie looked completely hideous from head to toe

Lulu, Anna & Felicia looked fine but nothing special

I absolutely loved Ava's dress

Sam had her girls front and center and I would expect nothing less from her

Nina has a banging body so anything she wears looks good and I actually liked her dress very much along with her hair

I didn't like the color of Liz's dress and I hated that up-do because it needed some messing up, it was too severe

I thought Willow looked beautiful but I hated Sasha's dress because the top & bottom did not match

I thought all of the men look good with Ingo of course leading the pack and I am not even an Ingo fan but he looked delicious today..!

Sonny grinning maniacally at the end towards Shiloh was so offputting and God it's hard to look at Mo..

...could that red carpet have been any more offputting, nerve-racking and just  plain awkward...,.

.. amongst the nurses, I loved the way Amy looked the best...

Splicing in Laura & Curtis was weird but since it ended with Laura in shock on Wednesday.. and then Thursday nothing was even mentioned, I was sort of glad to see it stuck in today...

let the games begin...👩🏻‍🔬👩🏻‍🔬👩🏻‍🔬

Edited by SiouxB

I will find it hilarious if Molly with her intelligence and degree in literature and experience as a published writer somehow supplants Girl Reporter from being the star at Peter's paper.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SiouxB said:

I thought Maxie looked completely hideous from head to toe

I was wondering who that was next to ER/Lulu in the video still above (I didn't play it, obviously)! Putting this quote and a few other posts together, it's KSt/Maxie?! Holy shit. Those extensions do her NO favors. Ditch them!

• Love 3

What is the purpose of the red carpet at the Nurses Ball? Seriously, what? It is awful, painfully to watch, just awful. 

The hairstylists must be understaffed and overworked. That's the only possible excuse for Liz's hair. Her hair always looks decent on a daily basis so why so severe on this 'special' occasion?

Sam in a non-black dress was a surprise but I guess it was part of the Shiloh seduction.

I was happy to see Deanna, Amy, and Felix.

The Nurses Ball sucks as do Nina and Lucy. They should consider having folks donate bucks for them not to have it. 

I wonder if  Laura, Curtis, and Ryan will hit the wormhole and make it to PC for some of the Ball.

Jax did look very good but the thought of him and current Nina makes me queasy. When does NuNina arrive? Hope she brings a more chill personality with her.

This current Mike storyline is tarnishing the good work he did to win the Emmy.

I'll be glad when most of these storylines are done. DoD is killing me, so so boring. Sonny, Jason, Krissy, and Spinelli, too much awful. This is not how you build an audience. Jax, Curtis,

Chase, Robert  and Drew are worth investing in, let's have some of that.

• Love 6

I guarantee you that music the used for the opening is something in the public domain. They probably googled "dramatic music" and used whatever popped up,

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I guarantee you that music the used for the opening is something in the public domain. They probably googled "dramatic music" and used whatever popped up,

It’s not good. Why change the theme? 

• Love 2

Nobody's dress wowed me, but I did like Carly's, Sasha's, and Nina's.

I was surprised by how boring and conservative Maxie's dress was given that she's suppose to be a fashionista. 

It was nice to see Sam in some color other than black. KM has a great figure that the show should let her showcase more than they do.

• Love 1
(edited)

I really liked Sasha's dress, but I think a big reason for that is pink is my favorite color and that dark pink color looks awful on me. Loved Willow's, as well. I could have done will less of Sam's cans I display and thought they styled Maxi terribly from head to toe, but loved that no one was dressed completely outrageously. Agree that Jax, Robert, and Chase looked great. That shot of Jax holding out champagne was clearly thought out and worked in making him look extra hot.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

That shot of Jax holding out champagne was clearly thought out and worked in making him look extra hot.

Absolutely!!! I cant believe he would be single and has to come to Port Charles looking for love.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

How could Ryan tie up two people with one hand?   Either it's not Ryan or he has an accomplice. 

It's that woman from the cabin, I think, whom he later apparently killed.

Ryan is alive, duh. They're not going to have all this nonsense about Ava and Kevin for nothing, and Kevin needs to kill Ryan to get his Redemption Tour started.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No, she was killed before Laura and Curtis were tied up They found her stabbed, and then Laura went outside to get cell service. When she got back, Curtis was knocked out and then Laura saw someone and screamed. (Seriously, if you're thinking that there is a serial killer in the building, DON'T SPLIT UP!)

Next scene was them both tied up.

13 hours ago, paisley said:

What is the purpose of the red carpet at the Nurses Ball? Seriously, what? It is awful, painfully to watch, just awful.

I loathe that red carpet.  What's the point?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Sonny makes the Nurses Ball all about him. Him threatening Shiloh was laughably inadequate.

Plus, he looked soooo old.  Like "grandpa dyed his hair and put on a ton of makeup to look younger for his trophy wife" old.  Blech.

I tell you what, I get why Nina got so gobsmacked at Jax.  If I turned around and saw him standing there in a tux, looking like he looks, with champagne in hand, I'd swoon, too.

Dresses: really liked Felicia's and Willow's, didn't care for Nina's, but I don't like lavender, so that's why--the style was nice.  Same goes for Elizabeth (ugh, that's color).  Maxie's extensions were awful.  Sam's boobs were on display and shouldn't Lucy be getting ready to go on stage, not acting like a moron with Kevin?

Worst line of the day: "Milo has work obligations, so this year he'll be keeping his magic in his pants."  A visual I did not need.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

You're right.   I entertained the thought of an accomplice but forgot that it could have been that woman.  

Ugh. Yeah, right, like Finn or Chase are even remotely capable of “getting back at” Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! It’s laughable if it weren’t so pathetic.

And since when is it public knowledge that Robert and Anna are “super spies?” Frank, Chris and ALL THEIR HACKS are STOOPID to boot, having what’sherface reveal that to the public.

And the “red carpet” again, so so cringeworthy. I didn’t think it could get worse but it did.

And what’s up with Anna being irked that Robert would attend? This event is something near and dear to Robin’s heart. So SUCK IT! Anna.

It breaks my heart that Frank has massacred what the Nurses Ball has been about and how it was always held: an intimate fundraiser that the wealthy citizens of Port Charles would go to that had none of the cringeworthy pseudo “Emmy/Oscar” Frank has turned it into.

Just SHITTY CRAP.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ugh. Yeah, right, like Finn or Chase are even remotely capable of “getting back at” Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! It’s laughable if it weren’t so pathetic.

And since when is it public knowledge that Robert and Anna are “super spies?” Frank, Chris and ALL THEIR HACKS are STOOPID to boot, having what’sherface reveal that to the public.

And the “red carpet” again, so so cringeworthy. I didn’t think it could get worse but it did.

And what’s up with Anna being irked that Robert would attend? This event is something near and dear to Robin’s heart. So SUCK IT! Anna.

It breaks my heart that Frank has massacred what the Nurses Ball has been about and how it was always held: an intimate fundraiser that the wealthy citizens of Port Charles would go to that had none of the cringeworthy pseudo “Emmy/Oscar” Frank has turned it into.

Just SHITTY CRAP.

Finola’s summer vacation is earlier and longer this year according to the “insiders.” I wonder why....

51 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's always been common knowledge that Anna and Robert are connected to the WSB. They try to keep their cases under wraps (until the plot demands they don't), but their employer has been known for ages.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's always been common knowledge that Anna and Robert are connected to the WSB. They try to keep their cases under wraps (until the plot demands they don't), but their employer has been known for ages.

Oh, I know that. But they (and I know I'm reaching buuuttt) could be known to work for them, but the public need not know they're spies/agents, except for those within the show, know. Like, how would that doctor from Gray's KNOW??? She's not a PC citizen who's been around when Robert OR Anna first showed up. And...ah, forget it. Why do I bother to argue? Frank will do what he wants to do, and forget about canon and history...

2 hours ago, texastornado said:

The woman Ryan killed was already dead before Laura and Curtis we’re tied up, right?  Or did I miss something?

Yes, but she was his accomplice to steal the drugs -- the woman who still uses high school? bumper stickers on her car (hello 1970's!).  We don't know how Ryan one-handed lifted and tied up two people, but the woman was definitely dead when Laura and Curtis arrived.

• Love 7

It's because she wrongly thinks he's getting ready to propose to her and she's trying to avoid him.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Yes, but she was his accomplice to steal the drugs -- the woman who still uses high school? bumper stickers on her car (hello 1970's!).  We don't know how Ryan one-handed lifted and tied up two people, but the woman was definitely dead when Laura and Curtis arrived.

Yes, and then Laura commented that he had removed the body.  Which doesn't make sense because he was blowing up the cabin (in Toronto FFS!) so he could have left the dead woman there to get blowed up with Curtis and Laura.

I guess the reason the knot was so easy to untie was because of the one-hand handicap.  Ryan did a shitty job of tying it.  However, he did accomplish a lot with one hand in knocking both of them out, getting then onto the chairs and tying them up.  Oh, and dragging a corpse out of there. 🙄

I am so relieved that MS is leaving and especially after that pathetic performance on Friday's ep.  She is just awful.  But sadly she is going to Genoa City to ruin that show instead.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's because she wrongly thinks he's getting ready to propose to her and she's trying to avoid him.

Ugh, I despise all of this nonsense. Adults who can't use their fucking words isn't an interesting story, Show. Gah.

• Love 6

Oh, I know that. But they (and I know I'm reaching buuuttt) could be known to work for them, but the public need not know they're spies/agents, except for those within the show, know. Like, how would that doctor from Gray's KNOW??? She's not a PC citizen who's been around when Robert OR Anna first showed up. And...ah, forget it. Why do I bother to argue? Frank will do what he wants to do, and forget about canon and history...

I would actually take back my hatred of the red carpet if they would introduce Sonny as a mob boss.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I hate the red carpet thing.  It's so non-sensical.  Who would watch it?  These people are not famous.  I mean I'm assuming it's on Public access or something, but still.  Why would they even bother?

It eats up a lot of airtime.  It's a bit of fluff that they don't have to write meaningful dialog for.  And it reminds us that GH has nurses, since the only time you see them, other than Liz, is at the Nurses' Ball. 

They didn't give Chandra Wilson much to work with, but I don't think she brought her acting "A" game.  Nina is supposed to be painfully awkward on camera, anyone else, not so much.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anna seems to just want Robert to go away. I thought the "God help us all' comment in response to Felicia''s line about the Scorpio brothers was rude and unnecessary. The writing for Anna lately appears to be a lame attempt by the writers to try to force the audience to believe Anna and Finn are an awesome couple, while the ex-husband with whom she has great chemistry is mostly an annoyance to her - but she tolerates him out of love for Robin and the grandkids. Ughhh. 

• Love 4