Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The Mike story is annoying. Jumped the shark, if you will. I feel like they want us to feel badly for all involved but I don't. Realistic or not, it annoys me that Mike remembers ads much as he does but not that Yvonne is married. I'm also annoyed that Yvonne is able to remember Carly (even addressed her by name today) but not Marcus at all. And Sonny? He can take a seat with his indignation towards Marcus. I'm on his side here. 

However, I will consider forgiving all if Sonny decides to repay Willow for helping with Kristina by killing Nina. 

Anyone know when the Nurses' Ball is? I don't think they've mentioned it.

• LOL 2
7 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The Mike story is annoying.

I was just coming here to say this Mike story is so bad. Is it supposed to be funny? Once again a story has fizzled out because they wanted to keep the actor around.

• Love 3

Sonny can't be at the appointment to hear about his baby's potential genetic problems? What an ass. I don't get why they're writing him as so unconcerned.

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I was just coming here to say this Mike story is so bad. Is it supposed to be funny? Once again a story has fizzled out because they wanted to keep the actor around.

I think we're supposed to find it poignant and heartbreaking. At this point I find it insulting and boring.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Speaking of hell....Spinelli and everything that comes with that.

Oh, lord, not him again.  My repeated prayers for some showrunner to give BA a job so he doesn't have to keep coming back are not being answered.

Taking a seat at the "annoyed at the Mike storyline" table.  TBH, I haven't been keen on MG's portrayal from the beginning and now it's just obnoxious.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam looked like hell today. Hair. Worn out. And outfit.

Speaking of hell....Spinelli and everything that comes with that.

The more they write this stupid DoD mission story the more everyone in it looks like an asshole. Spinelli tells Jason that Shiloh wants what he wants from Sam and if he doesn't get it he might get violent and Jason's non-reaction is that Sam knows what she is doing? Sam is an adult making her own choices but how is the man that is supposed to love her so unconcerned and unbothered with her safety?

• Love 8

It cracks me up that neither Molly nor Kristina have figured out that Sam is trying to bring down Shiloh and DoD.

LOL that Shiloh is going to the Nurses Ball. He really doesn't strike me as the type.

"What did the doctor say about our baby?" How about you deign to go with Carly to an appointment, Sonny? I'm pretty sure Mike's toast could have waited for both of you.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

However, I will consider forgiving all if Sonny decides to repay Willow for helping with Kristina by killing Nina. 

This legit made me LOL!! Sonny should offer that to Willow just as a nice gesture. If written in character, he should hold a big grudge against Nina for both taking off with newborn Avery and defending/repeatedly marrying/living at Wydemere with Valentin, the man who killed his precious nephew Spencer's dad (God knows Spencer never shuts up about the depth of his pain that Valentin took his home and killed "father.") 

• Love 3

Spinelli actually had a good point, that what if Sam is drugged and tells Shiloh the plan? (Shocking, I know)  The Genius Squad.

Also Sam, if you're going to trap Shiloh tonight, it doesn't matter if Molly pitches Peter a story tomorrow and spends a day or two writing it and then it gets published in a week.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Shiloh is going to the Nurses Ball. He really doesn't strike me as the type.

Sam invited him and he took the challenge.

I'm more excited at the thought that Alexis is going to see Neil there.

The Julian/Kim/Drew triangle is forming. Maybe Kim should go to an outfitters store instead of just raiding her closet; mountain climbing is cold and requires good footwear.

25 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

The Mike story is annoying.

Worse, it's boring and annoying. Who cares if Mike wants to marry someone at his home? Unless I'm supposed to feel indignant on behalf of Marcus, here is nothing at all interesting in this story.

It annoyed me all episode that Mike had an obviously expensive ring he was going to give Yvonne and neither Sonny nor Michael cared where he had got it from.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny can't be at the appointment to hear about his baby's potential genetic problems? What an ass. I don't get why they're writing him as so unconcerned.

That's so we can have endless conversations where Sonny asks what's wrong and Carly fobs him off.  It's really unforgiveable not to go with Carly for a potentially bad new appointment. Mike's not going to know if they come later.

It's got to be a boy. Sonny wouldn't be that happy with a girlchild. Now they can have a Morgan replacement.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't think anything is happening with Krew.  

Billy and Tamara have zero romantic chemistry, although their scenes have gotten better.

They did this in January and it amounted to absolutely nothing.  Julian doesn't even seem jealous.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It annoyed me all episode that Mike had an obviously expensive ring he was going to give Yvonne and neither Sonny nor Michael cared where he had got it from.

THIS.  Also that it wasn't the first words out of STella's mouth yesterday when she saw it.  I was glad that Carly finally said something.  But then Sonny claims he asked around the home and no one's missing a ring, so it's all good.  Douche, you took your father out for breakfast "yesterday".  Maybe he swiped it from someone then.  Make an effort for crying out loud.  

• Love 4

Lulu: I will be texting you for fashion advice. You, Maxie, who today are wearing an oversized sheet shaped into a button down blouse. And who wore a floral caftan a couple of weeks ago.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

(God knows Spencer never shuts up about the depth of his pain that Valentin took his home and killed "father.") 

I've pretty much disliked Spencer with the heat of maybe seven suns (the million suns hatred I save for Sonny, Jason and Franco), but I'm with him on this one.  Valentin did force Nikolas to sign over his fortune than shot him, presumably, dead.  Then took over the family home as well as the family fortune.  So as often as he wants to annoy Valentin, I'm good with it.  

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up that neither Molly nor Kristina have figured out that Sam is trying to bring down Shiloh and DoD.

Kristina I understand because she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but no way does Molly not have figured this out yet.  

46 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Sam is an adult making her own choices but how is the man that is supposed to love her so unconcerned and unbothered with her safety?

I'm pretty sure Jason wants things to go south so he can swoop in and kill Shiloh, which is what he's been itching to do for months.  Shiloh hurting Sam gives him the excuse that Kristina will accept.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu: I will be texting you for fashion advice. You, Maxie, who today are wearing an oversized sheet shaped into a button down blouse. And who wore a floral caftan a couple of weeks ago.

Lulu:  I will be texting you for fashion advice

Me;  Yes, dog forbid you should show up wearing another giant Pepto Bismol colored curtain as a gown.  (remember when ER was pregnant and they were trying, unsuccessfully to hide it)

image.thumb.png.fdf07ccce603e46891df43ef1f4d6f56.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

No one is asking Lulu for fashion advice though or saying she's stylish though.

Agreed.  They have been dressing Maxie pretty horifically lately and I'm not sure if that's KS's choice since she seems to have gained a bit of weight (not in a bad way)

• Love 2

What's really telling is that no one seems to be trying to do for Sam what they did for Kristina. Where is Sam's intervention/kidnapping/deprogramming? Why aren't Molly and Kristina camped at Jason's imploring him to whisk Sam away?

Does everyone know it's a con now? Did I miss that conversation? The whole story lacks urgency-- in part because Monaco is comatose, but mostly it's just poorly conceived and executed.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Hater said:

JaSam feels like a ho with her pimp.

I didn't want to respond to this but the show shouldn't be surprised that it is starting to come across that way. Sam is actively willing to get drugged and raped and Jason is nonchalant at best if not actively pushing for her to do this to cover Sonny's butt to get the copy of the pledge.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Jason could not be showing less concern for Sam: "She knows what she's doing." Okay!

There were so many falling anvils that something will go wrong, starting with that one.  Also  "the audio needs to be perfect so we can hear Sam when she needs us".  Oh noes what will happen to the audio? Will it cut out at the wrong moment?   I'm on the edge of my seat.  Then there is the "what if Sam spills the bean while drugged and Shiloh gets violent".  Lets ignore the fact that the drugged knocked out Kristina but somehow will become a truth serum for Sam.   Oh noes what will happen there?  I guess I don't need to watch the scenes since they gave us all the foreshadowing.  

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Sam is actively willing to get drugged and raped and Jason is nonchalant at best if not actively pushing for her to do this to cover Sonny's butt to get the copy of the pledge.

If only Jason knew that the secret was about Alexis and not Sonny. He and  Spinelli would be out of there so fast....

• Love 4
(edited)

Do you think that anyone, ever, tells Monaco to speak up? It’s unbearable. 

What is with Maxie and the caftans? Did she just gain weight and they’re trying to hide her in golden girls clothes? Peter took his shirt off and she didn’t so much as remove a bracelet.

oh, and Anna’s one darker eyebrow drives me crazy. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also Sam, if you're going to trap Shiloh tonight, it doesn't matter if Molly pitches Peter a story tomorrow and spends a day or two writing it and then it gets published in a week.

I thought that was kinda strange, too.  What?  She's going to get permission, write, and publish all before Sam's big set-up that night?  Boy, Peter's publication must move at supersonic speed.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

What is with Maxie and the caftans? Did she just gain weight and they’re trying to hide her in golden girls clothes? 

Yes. I can't help but think it's some weird passive aggressive way of FV trying to get her to lose weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wes Ramsey looks to have better skin than the entire cast.

Edit: Becky still has the best skin...but Wes...yes, he's aging well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

The whole story lacks urgency-- in part because Monaco is comatose,

Yesterday's 'cliffhanger' became today's yawn. 

So the main focus of the NB will be Sam.

Speaking of felons, if we have to suffer through another appearance by Spinelli, why cannot we have Ellie accompany him?

Props to Maurice for making it through his first scene of an episode without butchering his lines.  Seems like the first time in months.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sunnyface said:

Props to Maurice for making it through his first scene of an episode without butchering his lines.  Seems like the first time in months.

Probably b.c of Max Gail, who should be credited with two Emmys...

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Wes Ramsey looks to have better skin than the entire cast.

Edit: Becky still has the best skin...but Wes...yes, he's aging well.

Yeah, credit where credit is due, WR must have an ace esthetician. 

Unintentional laugh of the day goes to Spinelli calling anyone 'cliche.' 

ETA: I hated the "engagement" scenes today.  The character of Mike isn't working for me at all and I don't like the fast and loose way the show plays the Alzheimer's angle.  Also, give Finn his fucking ring back. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 3

The chances of reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro is highly dependent on the number of days taken to trek the mountain.

All climbers, all routes 45%

All climbers, all 5 day routes 27%

All climbers, all 6 day routes 44%

All climbers, all 7 days routes 64%

All climbers, all 8 day routes 85%

we estimate between 3-7 deaths a year.

Deaths on the mountain occur due to various reasons including AMS (such as HACE and HAPE), falls, and hypothermia.

Sometimes porters die due to the onset of malaria whilst on the trek.

Drew and Kim make it sound like a stroll down to the Port Charles docks.  And it involves less planning than going for groceries.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Drew and Kim make it sound like a stroll down to the Port Charles docks.  And it involves less planning than going for groceries.

Hopefully Drew can die there.

• LOL 1
On 5/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, ciarra said:

I'll bet he's left handed.  Or one handed.

I really want Ryan to show up with a Jaime Lannister-style golden hand. Just because.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, LexieLily said:

But if Sam consents to drinking the rape tea, the tattoo and the sex where is the crime? What is there for Shiloh to get prosecuted for? 

They’ve actually discussed this, and admitted it’s a problem. So I don’t know why they’re continuing to pursue this angle.

I’m kind of glad they are, though, only because I can’t wait to see how KM plays being drugged. I mean... how much slower can she actually talk?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

…  I can’t wait to see how KM plays being drugged. I mean... how much slower can she actually talk?

A co-worker and I were once taking the same painkilling drug, and while it would make me sleepy, it made her hyper. So maybe the tea will have a stimulating effect on her, she'll be blathering on about something a mile a minute, and to get her to shut the heck up Shiloh will give her all the super secret  papers she wants. Or he'll shoot her. Either one works for me.

Edited by rur
to fix a speeling error.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

The chances of reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro is highly dependent on the number of days taken to trek the mountain.

yeah-- I'm calling BS on this Kilimanjaro 'hike'

*humblebrag* I climbed Kilimanjaro to celebrate my 30th-- and I trained for months.

It's impossible to find elevations of more than 7K on the east coast (where I live and the show is set) so I climbed what I could nearby and hoarded vacation days for the actual trip. 

Kilimanjaro is 19K.

So we took the 7-day route (which allowed for a slower pace and more acclimation to elevation)

I don't expect them to adhere to anything approaching reality-- but just jetting off to Tanzania is a recipe for disaster.

• Love 7

Real talk, how much of that awkward-city red carpet was intentional and how much was ineptitude? The bumbling with the microphones and forgetting to point them at the person speaking and shuffling around trying to find the camera was more annoying than funny. Nina accidentally (I guess?) bumping her hand into Sydney's hair and then petting it was weird, too. Best part was Scott straight-up plowing through that shit to get to the other side.

Nina is wholly undeserving of Jax's charms but I loved how starstruck she was by him, 'cause fucking SAME. He looked incredible. No disrespect to Valentin (or to JPS, actually) but putting Valentin next to Jax is like comparing a finger-painting to a Monet. It's just not a fair match.

Liz looked lovely, albeit slightly bridesmaid-y; Maxie and Lulu looked the best I can remember seeing them lately; Ava's look was age-appropriate with an edge; Nina was downright demure compared to some of the other stuff she wears; and then there was Sam, bursting at the seams. Put those things away before someone gets hurt, girl. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Scotty yelling "EXPENSIVE!" in his cranky old man voice when Maxie asked him who he was wearing was the most intentionally funny moment this show has had in years. Also him putting up his hand and yelling "no!" at the camera, ha.

Whoever put that hunk of straw on Maxie's head should have their pay docked.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Maxie's extensions are heinous.

I'm sitting back and waiting for the Jax fan outrage.  I'm interested in Jax/Nina.

19 hours ago, ulkis said:

Yes. I can't help but think it's some weird passive aggressive way of FV trying to get her to lose weight.

It's a delicate subject.  I'm not sure if the rumors are true, but she seemed to struggle with an ED for quite a few years.  They obviously like KS since she's been allowed to take two extended breaks, so I hope they tread carefully.

• Love 2

This show really plays favourites in terms of how nice the dresses are. It seems like Liz always gets the short end of the stick; it was so plain and looked polyester although the train was very nice. 

Fashion: Lucy looked great, I liked Ava's dress, Lulu's and Maxie's, Carly looked good  MS had a good figure but they shouldn't put her in skin tight dresses. The beige flap at the cleavage of Chandra Wilson's dress was awful.  Anna's dress was boring, and Felicia's would have looked better if the silver hadn't been a complete border around the one cold shoulder. Agree about Sam showing off too much in a dress that was very Not Sam.  Did Drew pick it out for her? (sarcasm)

Scott = me about the red carpet.

I don't like the makeup style of super dark eyes and pale make-up.

IR looks very good in a tux.  Nina losing her mind on seeing him was ridiculous; isn't she supposed to be in love with Valentine?  You know, the guy she was making out with on the red carpet.  I got a hint of a Jax/Valentin competition, which might give Valentin some life.

Nina is like a little kid, if you stop paying attention to her, she butts in and makes herself the centre of attention again.

6 hours ago, rur said:

A co-worker and I were once taking the same painkilling drug, and while it would make me sleepy, it made her hyper.

It happens for people who have ADHD.  Someone gave me an Ativan once and you couldn't peel me off the ceiling.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

*humblebrag* I climbed Kilimanjaro to celebrate my 30th-- and I trained for months.

Brag away. I'm in awe. I couldn't have done it.

• Love 3

I usually DVR the show and FF through the opening sequence—when did the music change? 

Sydney ValJean ("Val Zhan"), heh.

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

Liz looked lovely, albeit slightly bridesmaid-y

I wish her hair had been more sophisticated. 

I liked Carly's dress. Everyone this year looked pretty good. There wasn't a real clunker in the group for a change.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I usually DVR the show and FF through the opening sequence—when did the music change? 

Sydney ValJean ("Val Zhan"), heh.

I wish her hair had been more sophisticated. 

I liked Carly's dress. Everyone this year looked pretty good. There wasn't a real clunker in the group for a change.

I don't remember the new music or the slowing down of the pictures before today.

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm sitting back and waiting for the Jax fan outrage.  I'm interested in Jax/Nina.

Same. Especially since she will not be played by MS anymore.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Scotty yelling "EXPENSIVE!" in his cranky old man voice when Maxie asked him who he was wearing was the most intentionally funny moment this show has had in years. Also him putting up his hand and yelling "no!" at the camera, ha.

Whoever put that hunk of straw on Maxie's head should have their pay docked.

Maxie's dress was the only one that didn't fit right, too

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Same. Especially since she will not be played by MS anymore.

I'm not immediately rejecting because of the recast. Anything that makes Carly cranky is a bonus.

• Love 3