Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

MS can't possibly have delivered Nina's speech as written, because it made no sense. That plus Nina deciding to open by taking a shot at Willow's judgment, which was to place the book in the library? .... I honestly had no idea until the end whether she was defending the book or not. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 9
(edited)

Wes Ramsey is horrible.  It's like he thinks he's acting in a Shakespearean play every time he's on screen reciting his lines. He tries though.

Kirsten does not look well.

But hey Peter and Maxie fit right in with all the other awful pairings.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kirsten does not look well.

She probably sensed Laura Wright behind the set wall.

I don't think she looks ill, but she does look poorly styled. And it's not the GH wardrobe and make up all to blame, unless they're the ones sticking those crap eyelashes on her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I just commented on the Y&R site that that show had become so boring. I’ll say the same thing about this one. They’re not long for this world.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

MS can't possibly have delivered Nina's speech as written, because it made no sense. That plus Nina deciding to open by taking a shot at Willow's judgment, which was to place the book in the library? .... I honestly had no idea until the end whether she was defending the book or not. 

It was awful. Nina showing off.

My niece came home from kindergarten talking about her friend who has two mommies.  Just tell the homophobe parents that kids in the school already know about same sex parents, the book is just reflecting what is real in their world.

• Love 6

I just have no words. Is Port Charles being set up to be a city that is intolerant as fuck? Considering where it’s located? I know of smaller towns-in real life and fictional that are more progressive. When you take into account past story lines from this show AND Night Shift, it makes no sense.

Just STOP with stealing from Law & Order with its well known premise of “Rioped From The Headlines!” because you SUCK AT IT.

And if you’re trying for reality then how’s about showing that the bean counter or whoever he was, couldn’t fire Willow, because as I understand it, teachers are unionized and have contracts. Unless they’re molesters or rapists, they can’t be fired.

The only parts I enjoyed were the scenes with Robert and Mac!

• Love 1

KS hasn’t looked well since her earlier issues. She doesn’t any chemistry with WR. She had chemistry with RP and he was a horrible actor. LOL!!! Maxie & Nathan had it. The Peter character is so forced. It’s like he was created in a parking lot. Oh, wait! He was. I think he needs to go. KS sorta had chemistry with CD. So if the show can get rid of Peter and Sasha they can try Maxie with Michael.  Case solved. 

• Love 9

The POV camera is ridicuous. We know it’s Ryan - there’s no suspense.  

Why do they insist on dressing Anna in open blouses?  I haven’t seen such detailed chest bones since a cadaver in nursing school. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I just think she’s not that attractive anymore. It happens.

True.  She was so beautiful though.  Anyway, it doesn't matter, I actually like it.  She is far from ugly, she is attractive for normal people.  It makes it a bit more realistic.   

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

The POV camera is ridicuous. We know it’s Ryan - there’s no suspense.  

Why do they insist on dressing Anna in open blouses?  I haven’t seen such detailed chest bones since a cadaver in nursing school. 

Oh it's so horrible, it makes me ff.  Eat a sandwich please!  And at her age, it's so bad for the face.  

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Hater said:

Did Franco really say “the gays?” Why can’t it just “ gays”

There is something so condescending about “the.”

I think that's why it was written like that.  Franco was mimicking/mocking the homophobes.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
10 hours ago, Hater said:

I think that's why it was written like that.  Franco was mimicking/mocking the homophobes.

That's how I took it, too.

The worst part of this story (are we calling it a story?  more like dumb plot point) is that they had Nina soapbox about censorship as, to my view, a way to minimize what a heinous cow she's being towards Willow ("sure, she hates Willow and actively tried to get her fired, but she's against censorship, so bygones!")

I wonder who the unshown person is up in Toronto who stuck a knife in the Ava/Kevin article.  Really, such a mystery...

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why do they insist on dressing Anna in open blouses?

I read (probably here) that FH wears her own clothing.  I don't care for her choice in footwear, either.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wonder who the unshown person is up in Toronto who stuck a knife in the Ava/Kevin article.  Really, such a mystery...

I'll bet he's left handed.  Or one handed.

Mac and Robert in the same room!  How cool is that?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:
12 hours ago, Hater said:

That is how I took it too.  My stepmother-in-law was a horrible bigot and an all around bitch.  She would complain about "the blacks", "the gays" and the "m*****" who had moved into her neighborhood.  I would challenge her about her racists attitudes but she would counter with "I am a good christian and go to church and god agrees with me.  It's in the bible"  After a while I would mockingly repeat what she said and include some choice insults aimed at her.  It was the way I could stop myself from totally lose my temper and I did not want to ruin my husband's yearly visit with his elderly father.  Mr. Moving and I always hated leaving him alone with this woman for 50 weeks out of the year.  

• Love 4

That "Curtis disappeared!" fake out which was immediately undone after the commercial break was such a meager effort at generating tension that I don't know why they even bothered. Also, amazing that Curtis can identify the contents of an upside down newspaper from half a room away yet needs Laura to spell out for him that the situation they're walking into is no bueno. 

Marcus perpetually has such a chip on his shoulder that it's hard for me to feel sorry for him, even though he's stuck in a complicated set of circumstances in which no one is the bad guy. Stella's ability to smooth out the turbulence is really the only thing I appreciate in a story that otherwise makes me uncomfortable (how's Mike going to feel when he has to return that ring?).

"The baby is fine." Dammit, Epiphany, I'm trying real hard not to shoot the messenger here. (I know this baby is happening and I should accept it, but a girl can still hope.)

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Linny said:

"The baby is fine." Dammit, Epiphany, I'm trying real hard not to shoot the messenger here. (I know this baby is happening and I should accept it, but a girl can still hope.)

I'm expecting high drama involving Mike or the baby switch somewhere between month 7 and 9 of the pregnancy. Wouldn't be surprised if she has a miscarriage from stress, or the baby dies at birth, and then soon after a recast Morgan appears at Casa Corinthos.

• Useful 1

I'm legitimately confused now as to what Sam thinks she is going to accomplish with this new version of the plan. Kristina is safe, outside of the DoD house and is presumably no longer influenced by Shiloh and DoD. It's crossed no one's mind that Shiloh, as a manipulative cult leader and with at least one follower that escaped (Willow), wouldn't only have one copy of each person's pledge and that the extra copies would be somewhere safe and therefore not at the DoD house. Even if that copy Kristina wrote was the only copy and Sam/Jason get it away from Shiloh that doesn't solve their problem. Kristina's written pledge isn't a confession or proof of anything, it wouldn't be a threat to Sonny. (Alexis, but god forbid they think it isn't about Sonny!). Kristina could easily say she made it up to get into Shiloh's good graces and get into upper levels of The Trust. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Burton looks horrible in those up close shots. 

Dare I say Kelly actually attempted to act and be into Shiloh today?  Or am I kidding myself?

What a love story JaSam continues to be.

She seems more into having sex with a sexual predator.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm legitimately confused now as to what Sam thinks she is going to accomplish with this new version of the plan.

The way Monaco's playing it is as if Sam will do anything to keep from truly being in a steady relationship with Jason.  Like, the only way she's into him is if they have to sneak around.  How ~romantic.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Linny said:

in which no one is the bad guy.

Eh, Sonny is the bad guy.  Sonny is ALWAYS the bad guy.  

1 hour ago, Linny said:

(how's Mike going to feel when he has to return that ring?

I really, really hope either Stella or Sonny will have the guts to say, "Uh Mike, where do you get that giant ring?"  

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I'm expecting high drama involving Mike or the baby switch somewhere between month 7 and 9 of the pregnancy.

She's supposed to be getting the results of the genetic testing thingy "tomorrow".  Would this show really go to a Down Syndrom baby here?  That is a real risk in a geriatric pregnancy.  

53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

It's crossed no one's mind that Shiloh, as a manipulative cult leader and with at least one follower that escaped (Willow), wouldn't only have one copy of each person's pledge

I think the plan is to tape him drugging/tattooing/sexing Sam and then blackmailing him with it, to give them Kris' pledge and to leave town and/or get prosecuted.  

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The way Monaco's playing it is as if Sam will do anything to keep from truly being in a steady relationship with Jason.  Like, the only way she's into him is if they have to sneak around.  How ~romantic.

I still maintain this storyline was designed in part to limit JaSam romance...because this is hysterically bad.

The writers clearly have no use for them too.  

It's almost like they have to have them together because they have to...and not because it makes sense.  So no one truly wants to do it...except for Burton so he can cash in on his fanbase.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think the plan is to tape him drugging/tattooing/sexing Sam and then blackmailing him with it, to give them Kris' pledge and to leave town and/or get prosecuted.   

But if Sam consents to drinking the rape tea, the tattoo and the sex where is the crime? What is there for Shiloh to get prosecuted for? 

3 minutes ago, Hater said:

I still maintain this storyline was designed to limit JaSam romance...because this is hysterically bad.

What does it say about the crowned Jason/Sam super love story that Sam would literally rather spend most of her time with a creepy cult leader that manipulated her sister than with him?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What does it say about the crowned Jason/Sam super love story that Sam would literally rather spend most of her time with a creepy cult leader that manipulated her sister than with him?

It says the pairing is awful beyond words...and it's not just this..it's been his whole return.  Sam has done nasty things before when she was with Jason...but when she's with Jason these days it seems as if she's bored and would rather be somewhere else...I mean KM's acting doesn't help but the writing isn't there either.  The writing has been so horrendous for them and got even worse after Sam was pulled from Drew completely.

Writers don't care. One half of the pairing doesn't care.  FV probably doesn't care?  Why are these two mandated to be together?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Linny said:

(how's Mike going to feel when he has to return that ring?).

I'm over Mike being trotted out every time a plot line needs "oh, Mike forget XXXX and YYYY happened."  Bad enough when it was self-contained to S/C, but now it's spread to the Anna/Finn plot.  Hard pass.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Hater said:

It says the pairing is awful beyond words...and it's not just this..it's been his whole return.  Sam has done nasty things before when she was with Jason...but when she's with Jason these days it seems as if she's bored and would rather be somewhere else...I mean KM's acting doesn't help but the writing isn't there either.  The writing has been so horrendous for them and got even worse after Sam was pulled from Drew completely.

Writers don't care. One half of the pairing doesn't care.  FV probably doesn't care?  Why are these two mandated to be together?

It's worse when there are multiple scenes showing how Jason's first concern is and always will be with Carly. 

• Love 4
On 5/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, ciarra said:

So what can Brad be arrested for?  Failing to report a dead Wylie, "kidnapping" Jonah.  Fraud when signing adoption papers?  And is Ju-lyin' on the hook for accessory?  Since he knew about the "dead baby, homeless woman gave me a new baby" story and didn't report it? 

It can't be kidnapping because Jonah's mother gave the baby to Brad.  Fraud is kind of tricky because who did he defraud exactly?  Lucas?  Maybe he can be charged with interfering in custodial arrangements?  I'm not really sure there's anything Brad can be charged with, and if Brad can't really be charged with anything, Julian can't really be charged with anything.  And in any event, I don't think the law contains a "duty to report"...

7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't suppose the show will do a swerve and have it turn out to be Heather...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

It can't be kidnapping because Jonah's mother gave the baby to Brad.  Fraud is kind of tricky because who did he defraud exactly?  Lucas?  Maybe he can be charged with interfering in custodial arrangements?  I'm not really sure there's anything Brad can be charged with, and if Brad can't really be charged with anything, Julian can't really be charged with anything.  And in any event, I don't think the law contains a "duty to report"...

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I think that Michael would have to say something about that. They buried a child who was switched with Jonah/Wiley. Just because crazy Nelle gave her baby out of spit to Brad doesn't make that legal especially as custody had not been determined yet.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

Does Brad know who the father is?  Or at least that Nelle knows who the father is?  If so, it's definitely kidnapping.  fathers, if known, have to sign off on an adoption. Besides, it was pretty obviously an illegal adoption in the first place.  You can't just hand your baby over to someone and say "here you go."  

They just switched the dead baby for the live one, right?  I'm sure Brad didn't sign the death certificate, but if he knowingly put wrong info on a death certificate (or a birth certificate) that's fraud and malpractice.  

Identify theft?  He stole baby Wiley's identity and gave it to baby Noah.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Does Brad know who the father is?  Or at least that Nelle knows who the father is?  If so, it's definitely kidnapping.  fathers, if known, have to sign off on an adoption. Besides, it was pretty obviously an illegal adoption in the first place.  You can't just hand your baby over to someone and say "here you go."  

Yes Brad knows. That's why he get all weirded out when Michael is around Wiley.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Yes Brad knows. That's why he get all weirded out when Michael is around Wiley.

Why does he even remotely think this is OK?  I knew there was a reason I've never liked Brad.

36 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, Sonny, yell at your father who's suffering from Alzheimer's. Ugh, he's such a jerk.

I've HATED him in this story from go.  He yells at Mike, he lectures Marcus (as if he'd ever be chill with someone 'dating' his wife, no matter the circumstances), and then he acts like the poor, put-upon son.  Bite me, Sonny.

If Carly's test comes back perfect, then what is the point?  If this was any other show I'd figure there'd be something more to come--them coping with an unborn child with some sort of genetic issue--but on this show they're treated as royalty, so I'm sure that won't be the case.  Prove me wrong, show.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It's worse when there are multiple scenes showing how Jason's first concern is and always will be with Carly. 

I laughed when Sam is in danger but Jason was only concerned about Carly. 

I'm really over the Marcus storyline being jealous of Mike and Sonny telling him to get over it.

I'm also so over Finn and the proposal and the engagement ring. There is zero suspense or interest in that.

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

She's supposed to be getting the results of the genetic testing thingy "tomorrow".  Would this show really go to a Down Syndrom baby here?  That is a real risk in a geriatric pregnancy. 

Only if they can endlessly show how Brave&Strong&LovesWithHerWholeHeart Carly is

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But if Sam consents to drinking the rape tea, the tattoo and the sex where is the crime? What is there for Shiloh to get prosecuted for?

I know. It's so stupid. So is Sam being willing to go through with it for a pledge that she knows nothing about.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I laughed when Sam is in danger but Jason was only concerned about Carly. 

I laughed when she said she was going to pick up her kids at Monica's.  Good one, Sam, good one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I'm legitimately confused now as to what Sam thinks she is going to accomplish with this new version of the plan. Kristina is safe, outside of the DoD house and is presumably no longer influenced by Shiloh and DoD.

Sonny is convinced that Kristina spilled one of his "business" secrets in order to join "The Trust".  Therefore, Sam is putting herself in danger to cover Sonny's ass.  A mother of two small children is endangering her life to protect Sonny and he is such a wimp that he lets her do it!!!  It doesn't occur to him that maybe HE should deal with Shiloh himself.  Why can't he, Max and Milo kidnap Shiloh and hang him on a meathook until he gives Sonny what he wants.  It worked when he stole Michael from AJ.

I know Kristina's secret is really about Alexsis but still,  Sonny is such a coward.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Brad has known full well that Michael is the father, yet hasn't come forward with the information.  Crazy Nell might have given the child to him but he knows who the dad is.  I still think he's on the hook for not reporting dead Wylie.  I'm sure they can find something to take him to court with.  We need trials on this show. 

Wasn't Britt arrested for fraud for the Ben/Rocco story?

I don't mind Brad taking Michael's kid.  Michael is a Corinthi, that automatically makes him suck.

I wish the secret would never come out , and if it has to come out.. Mykill needs to end up on a meat hook like his real dad.

• Love 6

Brad could be arrested, I think. But I'd rather keep him on screen because any time spent on Brad is not time spent on Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam.

11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I laughed when she said she was going to pick up her kids at Monica's.  Good one, Sam, good one.

Well she did need an excuse to delay the ceremony.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm VERY behind.  Anything Lucy/Scotty/Kevin I need to be catching up on?  Has Lucas (who?) been on?  Did Britt sneak back into town for the Nurses' Ball!?!?

I don't think so, nothing that you gotta drop to watch right away at least.

Edited by ulkis
33 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm still hoping that Nelle lied about Michael being Jonah's dad, and Brucas get to keep the kid.  Lucas can be mad for a week, then get over it. 

That is what I always thought would happen. Of course, I thought Nelle was lying about being pregnant in the first place, so what do I know?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Hater said:

Eh. I don't think the other half of the pairing cares either as long as the check clears. He clearly doesn't want to kiss or touch her and he does nothing to hide the duck lips. I still don't understand how anyone in charge is allowing KeMo and SBu looking openly hostile to each other to air on screen. 

But I also don't understand how JaScamNation can't see what's clearly on screen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Laura: "I find it hard to believe that April Tremblay would care who's dating who in Port Charles." The only thing that would have made it more perfect is if she and Curtis had looked directly into the camera and burst out laughing, with Laura pointing at us, before resuming their conversation.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, makelemons said:

Eh. I don't think the other half of the pairing cares either as long as the check clears. He clearly doesn't want to kiss or touch her and he does nothing to hide the duck lips. I still don't understand how anyone in charge is allowing KeMo and SBu looking openly hostile to each other to air on screen. 

But I also don't understand how JaScamNation can't see what's clearly on screen. 

I don’t think the show cares about them either so it doesn’t matter how the acting or writing is,  and while I do believe Kelly doesn’t like the pairing overall she’s not doing much about it.  She’s not the type of person to me that would fight for her character in a meaningful way. She will troll on social media and stop promoting the show but that’s about it.  No one wants it imo but none are actually doing anything about it. And they won’t. They would prefer to stay in this state of suck.  Everyone is lazy. Only cashing the check. Kelly made an entire ass out of herself for months with Billy only to now go into hiding. 

Burton has not been able to properly kiss a woman on screen in decades. 

As for their fans, some believe they are winning as long as the pairing is together no matter how bad it may seem.