Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Schmoopy LWB/FS is not how I want to see LWB/FS.

37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

LOL at Jordan saying "Dr. Finn is proof that you can be a successful doctor without any discernible bedside manner."

He's got more of a bedside manner than Silas "Your kid totes has cancer; see ya!" Clay.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Shut up Sonny. Take it as a standing order.

Ugh with his harping on the dumb pledge. He only cares about it because he thinks it's about him. He couldn't care less if it's about anyone else. He'd be telling them not to make such a big deal about it. He's such a selfish asshole.

• Love 4

I don't understand what happened in this episode. Maxie/DishRag were in Paris and Laura/Curtis were in Ontario. Then Laura/Curtis are in Paris ???? and it's snowing there, because you can see a winter wonderland right out of the window.

WTF happened there?

And I didn't even hear what Shiloh said, but moving the pledges, does that mean he's onto Sam? Or he just moved them after Kristina was taken?

• Love 5

I was sure Maxie and Peter were flying to Paris.  Maxie's comment about how great the shopping was fits in perfectly with Paris.  Toronto...well, not so much.  Maybe it's better than in Port Charles, but it's not Paris. (And before any Torontonians jump all over me, I'm a born-and-bred Torontonian.)

How did I miss the instead-of-romantic-Paris-let's-hop-across-Lake Ontario-to-Toronto-instead conversation?

And with just teensy bit of research, the PTB would have known that Canadians have been flooded with fake Revenue Canada phone calls for the last couple of years, and everyone knows that anyone calling you up or showing up at your door is fake.

And why would Laura and Curtis, who were in the Niagara region, have driven to Toronto? There are hotels in the Niagara area. Cities and towns,too!

Although...there is a Paris in Ontario.  Maybe that's where Peter and Maxie went!  But if Maxie is oohing and aahing over the shopping in Paris, Ontario then the shopping in Port Charles must really suck.

I'm just confused.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I was sure Maxie and Peter were flying to Paris.  Maxie's comment about how great the shopping was fits in perfectly with Paris.  Toronto...well, not so much.  Maybe it's better than in Port Charles, but it's not Paris. (And before any Torontonians jump all over me, I'm a born-and-bred Torontonian.)

She went to Holt Renfrew, so there!

The whole thing was extremely weird. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

How did I miss the instead-of-romantic-Paris-let's-hop-across-Lake Ontario-to-Toronto-instead conversation?

IIRC, there were lots of conversations about restaurants and sites in Paris that they bonded over while they were in the plane and Maxie saying that it's a good thing she always carries her passport. And then when they were eating in the hotel room, the food was all cheese and cuts and bread on a wooden board that looked as it it should have been in France.

But they never actively said that they were in Paris, just implied it, so I suspect that this is the GH "Aren't we clever?" writing.

In a way, I'm good with that. It was too soon for Peter to whisk Maxie away to Paris, and too little time for the flight unless they were using the GH wormhole.  (Ironically it's colder in Paris today than it is in Toronto.)

I cannot praise Neil enough today for telling Sonny that Alexis was right.

49 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's got more of a bedside manner than Silas "Your kid totes has cancer; see ya!" Clay.

The charm of ME.

39 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And I didn't even hear what Shiloh said, but moving the pledges, does that mean he's onto Sam? Or he just moved them after Kristina was taken?

He knows someone is after them but I'd be shocked if he connected it to Sam. She's such a good con artist.

He told whoever he was talking to on the phone (Harmony?) that he still has Kristina's pledge for when they need it.  Since it's about Alexis, I wonder if he's going to keep it for when someone takes him to court.

• Love 1

I wasn't surprised when Ava leaned in for that kiss but it still pissed me off. Kevin and Laura are putting themselves and the rest of Port Charles at great risk for Ava's ungrateful and unrepentant ass; the least she could do is play by Kevin's rules and honor Laura's boundaries.  You think Kevin isn't telling everything Ava does to Laura? Good for Kevin for attempting to shut that shit down.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For whatever reason, Maxie and Peter ended up in Canada, not Paris. There was no explanation given, so I wonder if that got cut?

Maxie had a line about Peter's plan not turning out as he intended but that it was a perfect date anyway - so I guess the plane had to land in Canada instead but the explanation scene(s) got cut. 

I really laughed at how he was beaming with joy about the probability of having sex with Maxie that night (and seeing her new lingerie), but then she deliberately ruined it by returning with Laura and Curtis and inviting them to spend the night. I enjoyed Laura's "well this is awkward" look when she saw the champagne and chocolate-covered fruit. I wonder if she'll end up telling Lulu "Your boss clearly had a romantic evening planned for your best friend, but she announced to him that we were staying."

Kristina did well in her scene with Shiloh. I *knew* that the staged Ava-Kevin kiss was going to start Ava feeling a real attraction to Kevin.  Can we keep the new psychiatrist Neil and get rid of Finn? He pointed out how not bright Sonny is, without calling him stupid. Jordan's line about Finn's lack of bedside manner was the best line of the day, yet (I guess due to the recasting) I feel zero mother-son bond between Jordan and TJ.

• Love 7

Why didn't Maxie and Peter go to Montreal or Quebec city , more like being in France then Toronto. I think Maxie could have  found some high end shops in Yorkville that they dont have in PC, I don't know, I generally shop at Value Village 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Hater said:

I'll eat crow on Sam being at the memorial.  I'll wait to see if she makes it all about Jason.

In the previews for Monday she is there, standing in conversation with Jason and Michael, presumably discussing Shiloh.

• Love 1

Oh my God you guys thank you !!!

I was so confused about how Laura and Curtis ended up in the same spot as Maxie and Peter and I figured an explanation was given during Thursday's episode about why they couldn't take the plane to Paris (I thought I fast forwarded over the explanation but it seems I didn't)...I fast forward a lot of these two dullards....so I really wasn't sure what the hell happened !!

Sonny is such a petulant moron and you can't say anything civil to him without him jumping down your throat...thank God for Neil being there as the voice of reason....

Ava...keep your lips to yourself and don't kiss Laura's husband....

• Love 4
On 5/9/2019 at 4:57 PM, Sake614 said:

It wouldn't be an issue now if people didn't always see ulterior motives 😞

GH has done less than nothing to earn itself the benefit of the doubt on that score.

• Love 2

Dear show runners:

While it has been effin' cold here for the past six months (including today for the love of Pete!), we do not currently have snow, nor is it cold enough for the rink at Nathan Phillips Square to still have ice.  That's just stupid.  

Also, while we have the rare winter storm in April (see April 15 2018) we don't usually have full blown blizzards in May, causing people to be stranded and unable to make it to their own hotel rooms.  

What the eff was that?  It's snowing so much that Laura and Curtis can't make it to their own hotel, that they need to bunk in with Peter and Maxie?  Because the hotel wouldn't have another room for them?  My brain hurts from the stupidity.  

.....and there's Kristina's sourpuss face back.  We got a break from it, for a day or so, while she was playing pinocle with Milo and getting her head on straight.  But it's back.  Didn't miss it.  

I love Neil.

That is all

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Ha! I too came here to see if I had a massive brain fart (brain shart?) about Maxie and Peter's location.

So Kevin is pre-diabetic and can't donate.  I too was told I was pre-diabetic and it took only 3 months of healthy food and exercise to bring my A1C down to a 5.2.  Kevin even suggested he do that and Finn said there was no time.  Understandable.  However, he suggests to Jordan that she sign up for 23-and-me or whatever, find a long-lost relative who's a match and convince them to donate?  How long would that take? Dumb show.

Of course this is leading up to Ryan being the donor but whatever.

Unpopular opinion - I don't mind the DOD story.  The guy who plays Shiloh is doing a great job as the charming/creepy cult leader.  He's fun to watch.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

IIRC, there were lots of conversations about restaurants and sites in Paris that they bonded over while they were in the plane and Maxie saying that it's a good thing she always carries her passport.

They def said Paris, several times, because Maxie reminisced about being in Paris in 2012 for fashion week.  Plus they talked about the Eiffel Tower and the Metro, not the subway or TTC!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Why didn't Maxie and Peter go to Montreal or Quebec city , more like being in France then Toronto. I think Maxie could have  found some high end shops in Yorkville that they dont have in PC, I don't know, I generally shop at Value Village 

I just can't believe I was subjected to Peter's obnoxious attempt at French for them to end up in Toronto.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
49 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Dear show runners:

While it has been effin' cold here for the past six months (including today for the love of Pete!), we do not currently have snow, nor is it cold enough for the rink at Nathan Phillips Square to still have ice.  That's just stupid.  

Also, while we have the rare winter storm in April (see April 15 2018) we don't usually have full blown blizzards in May, causing people to be stranded and unable to make it to their own hotel rooms.  

What the eff was that?  It's snowing so much that Laura and Curtis can't make it to their own hotel, that they need to bunk in with Peter and Maxie?  Because the hotel wouldn't have another room for them?  My brain hurts from the stupidity.  

.....and there's Kristina's sourpuss face back.  We got a break from it, for a day or so, while she was playing pinocle with Milo and getting her head on straight.  But it's back.  Didn't miss it.  

I love Neil.

That is all

It's Canada. There's always snow and everyone is a mountie, eh? Kind of like how here in Texas we all wear nothing but boots and cowboy hats and nothing grows here except cactus and tumbleweeds. I'm surprised they don't have Jax show up dressed like Crocodile Dundee offering to kill a kangaroo for dinner with his boomerang and the serenading us with his didgeridoo with how ignorant these writers are.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

I'm actually glad they didn't end up in Paris. I remember when Anna (and Robert?) were there, and I don't want my memory of that tainted by the blancmange that is Peter and Maxie.

44 minutes ago, bannana said:

Plus they talked about the Eiffel Tower and the Metro, not the subway or TTC!

Toronto's Yorkville can hold its own for the kind of shopping Maxie did. But the Metro outclasses the TTC by a mile!

• Love 2

I get Willow's impulse to call her lawyer, I just don't get how she can afford legal advice.  Fresh out of a cult, (I assume) new to teaching, probably swamped with student loans.  How can she afford Diane, of all people?

So what can Brad be arrested for?  Failing to report a dead Wylie, "kidnapping" Jonah.  Fraud when signing adoption papers?  And is Ju-lyin' on the hook for accessory?  Since he knew about the "dead baby, homeless woman gave me a new baby" story and didn't report it? 

• Love 1

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one who was surprised to learn that Toronto and Paris share a hotel! Small world, indeed.

9 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

with just teensy bit of research, the PTB would have known that Canadians have been flooded with fake Revenue Canada phone calls for the last couple of years, and everyone knows that anyone calling you up or showing up at your door is fake.

My concern was, isn’t it against the law for someone to impersonate a government official in Canada? Why would Laura risk that kind of problem when she could just as easily pretend to be a long lost relative, or a private detective, or anything else that wouldn’t potentially land her in jail?

5 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Considering how many times people have walked around PC in short sleeves and no jacket in the middle of winter, this is not surprising to me. On this show, seasons change only when the plot demands it.

4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Unpopular opinion - I don't mind the DOD story.  The guy who plays Shiloh is doing a great job as the charming/creepy cult leader.  He's fun to watch.

I find the storyline pretty boring and dumb in general, except for the rapey parts which are offensive, but I do really like the Shiloh actor. He’s the only bright spot in this, and I would not be unhappy if they kept him around for the long term.

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He told whoever he was talking to on the phone (Harmony?) that he still has Kristina's pledge for when they need it.  

The way he said this, like he was reporting to someone, made me wonder if we’re going to learn that Shiloh isn’t the Big Bad after all. Maybe there’s a Bigger Bad pulling the strings. But who would that be?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I get Willow's impulse to call her lawyer, I just don't get how she can afford legal advice.  Fresh out of a cult, (I assume) new to teaching, probably swamped with student loans.  How can she afford Diane, of all people?

Diane was her original lawyer to handle the adoption, so she managed to afford her in the past. I think Willow said Shiloh and DOD paid for her to go to school.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Aside from all the previously stated reasons about Paris, I personally wouldn't want to go there for a romantic rendezvous when all the Yellow Vest people are protesting all over the place. And the Notre Dame fire isn't the only fire happening, there have been a bunch of fires where the Yellow Vest have been clashing with the French police over the last few months.

Also, there is way more to the Pine Barrons than dead bodies left there by Jason.

In other words, can you do even a tiny bit of research writers? 

PS: Please stop the Maxie and Peter thing, it's stupid and gross.

PS2: Your NXIUM ripoff storyline sucks.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

While I appreciate the shout-out to Toronto it's  58F (14C) today. There ain't no one skating in front of City Hall in May.

Did they actually film on location? If so, I imagine the difference in weather arose due to how early they tape shows. 

Or, someone has pulled the ice princess out of retirement.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:52 PM, Tenshinhan said:

It's okay if not every viewer sees the same thing.  That's to be expected.  However, just because someone can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there.  To me, the message is as clear as day.  I can only speak for myself of course.

OK, we're probably splitting hairs, but it feels like you are setting yourself up as more discerning. But this forum is exceptional at dissecting dangerous subtext on this and other shows, so when posters say that even subtle anti-gay parenting assumptions don't seem to be part of this story, it's not that they don't know what it looks like. Or that they don't care when it does happen. 

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I wasn't surprised when Ava leaned in for that kiss but it still pissed me off. Kevin and Laura are putting themselves and the rest of Port Charles at great risk for Ava's ungrateful and unrepentant ass; the least she could do is play by Kevin's rules and honor Laura's boundaries.  You think Kevin isn't telling everything Ava does to Laura? Good for Kevin for attempting to shut that shit down.

It's so rare for a male character on television to express feelings of alarm, violation and/or irritation when a woman unexpectedly comes on to him. Usually even a "good" man is shown as being at least tempted.

Kudos to GH for realizing that there is nothing lame about a man not getting an immediate boner when a vixen* violates his trust.

*Obviously Ava is more complex than that, and it is totally natural that her feelings are all over the place at this point.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

The way he said this, like he was reporting to someone, made me wonder if we’re going to learn that Shiloh isn’t the Big Bad after all. Maybe there’s a Bigger Bad pulling the strings. But who would that be?

I agree with something else is going on.  Why would Shiloh be looking for a possession of Drew's?  And what could it be?  Please tell me it's not a microchip.

2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

Also, there is way more to the Pine Barrons than dead bodies left there by Jason.

True--the Jersey Devil is there! 😉

But, yeah, the lameness of Jason mentioning that--this show obviously thinks Sonny and Jason are equivalent to Tony Soprano.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jason mentioned the pine barrens yesterday again? That was such a pet peeve of mine when Guza was writing. Jason would be making like a 15 hour round trip writers!! WITH PLENTY OF LUSH WOODS BETWEEN THEM TO DUMP OFF A BODY.

I don't know what this says about me when I'm like, damn it, there are plenty of beautiful spots in New York State to dump a dead body!

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

Did they actually film on location? If so, I imagine the difference in weather arose due to how early they tape shows. 

Or, someone has pulled the ice princess out of retirement.

LOL, I wish it were the ice princess.

Stock footage.  The rink itself closed two months ago March 17th.

14 hours ago, ciarra said:

On this show, it's ether Diane, Alexis or Nora Buchanan if you're really rich. When is Molly going to be finished law school? It TJ is already working at the hospital, wouldn't that make him fourth year?  In that case, Molly should be articling.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL, no. "On location" for GH these days is the studio parking lot.

Or that dumb park with same dumb bench.

When does NuNina (heh that's a fun word) come on?

• Love 3

Wherever they are, I am grossed out by Maxie and Peter and all her mixed signals. They need to decide they are better off as friends, pronto.  

Shiloh is a good actor but there is no way they can keep him around. Even if he is being controled by a bigger evil, he is still a rapist, and they can't possibly go about redeeming another rapist so soon, right? RIGHT?! (I know they are careful to not explicitly call him a rapist, but he drugged women and had sex with them, so he is a rapist.)

Are we really supposed to believe the MAYOR of Port Charles can disappear to Canada and commit fraud on some undercover mission and no one in her office, nor the press, is onto her? Jesus God. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK, we're probably splitting hairs, but it feels like you are setting yourself up as more discerning. 

Definitely not trying to set myself up as more discerning.

3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But this forum is exceptional at dissecting dangerous subtext on this and other shows, so when posters say that even subtle anti-gay parenting assumptions don't seem to be part of this story, it's not that they don't know what it looks like. 

There's a whole host of reasons why audiences may not pick up on something.  Even for the most exceptionally perceptive of viewers.  It doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing to pick up on, is what I was trying to say.  

3 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Definitely not trying to set myself up as more discerning.

There's a whole host of reasons why audiences may not pick up on something.  Even for the most exceptionally perceptive of viewers.  It doesn't necessarily mean that there is nothing to pick up on, is what I was trying to say.  

And sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar 

• Love 11

Did they say they were in Toronto?  I did not hear it.

And it makes no sense, considering that Laura and Curtis are suddenly there, with only one hotel with no rooms.

So I am thinking Niagara on the Lake.  This would make much more sense.  They should go to the Angel Inn for a drink.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Did they say they were in Toronto?  I did not hear it.

They showed the Toronto sign that's at Nathan Phillips Square, with kids skating on the rink,  then showed Laura and Curtis in winter parkas and gloves, so the assumption was that they were in Toronto (in January, since there is no snow or rink here in May).  

• Love 1

First off, the actor playing Neil is great. Great looking & great acting. Secondly, KS is looking awful. I wish she’d get the hair out of her face. Also, I wish show would stop trying to make Maxie & Peter a thing. It ain’t working. Thirdly, is show purposely trying to keep KM & BM apart? How is it that Sam hasn’t stopped by to see Drew and offer condolences about Oscar? It’s almost like TPTB don’t want them near each other or KM or BM don’t want it either. Very odd. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, the actor playing Neil is great. Great looking & great acting. Secondly, KS is looking awful. I wish she’d get the hair out of her face. Also, I wish show would stop trying to make Maxie & Peter a thing. It ain’t working. Thirdly, is show purposely trying to keep KM & BM apart? How is it that Sam hasn’t stopped by to see Drew and offer condolences about Oscar? It’s almost like TPTB don’t want them near each other or KM or BM don’t want it either. Very odd. 

If Kelly had gotten her way she would have never been paired with Burton. But who knows?   I tend to think Sam as written now is a horrible, vapid twit who only cares about Shiloh and Jason.

She shows up to the memorial on Monday based on the preview.

4 hours ago, ByaNose said:

First off, the actor playing Neil is great. Great looking & great acting. Secondly, KS is looking awful. 

I like Neil too.  He is nerdy-cute and the town needs more than one shrink and he seems like a good one.  Just please don't pair him with Alexis.  I like Alexis but she's much better single.  Though, now that Jax is back... That could be interesting.  They have great chemistry as friends, so maybe that could work.

Not sure what is up wih KS.  I think she had some kind of surgery on her face because there's some kind on divot on her left cheek that almost looks like a dimple but not quite.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Not sure what is up wih KS.  I think she had some kind of surgery on her face because there's some kind on divot on her left cheek that almost looks like a dimple but not quite.

That's old. I think it's from getting acne removed when she was on leave two years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Whatever the thing is between Maxie and Peter, they both act like 14 year olds on their first dates. Peter may be socially introverted and just weird but Maxie has had two children, been married to Nathan and had a child with him and lived through his death. I’m sure there’s much more from before I started watching but the point is, she’s not 14 years old. Act like an adult, Maxie. Maybe you can lead that child, Peter, into adulthood too. Maybe. Probably not. This is just so stupid. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

They showed the Toronto sign that's at Nathan Phillips Square, with kids skating on the rink,  then showed Laura and Curtis in winter parkas and gloves, so the assumption was that they were in Toronto (in January, since there is no snow or rink here in May).  

Thanks, I completely missed that!  That is hilarious that they showed the skating rink in May! 

10 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Whatever the thing is between Maxie and Peter, they both act like 14 year olds on their first dates. 

The show writes most of the its couples as teenagers. Look at Finn and Anna. It's pathetic.

2 minutes ago, bannana said:

That is hilarious that they showed the skating rink in May! 

The outdoor ice rink at Rockefeller Center closed fairly recently—maybe the end of April? I don't think it's that odd for a rink to still be open, especially farther north. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The show writes most of the its couples as teenagers. Look at Finn and Anna. It's pathetic.

The outdoor ice rink at Rockefeller Center closed fairly recently—maybe the end of April? I don't think it's that odd for a rink to still be open, especially farther north. 

Even though it is also artificial, NP rink closed in March.  But we also saw a tiny foot bridge as a potential border crossing, so nothing surprises me about how the soaps portray Canada!

34 minutes ago, bannana said:

Even though it is also artificial, NP rink closed in March.  But we also saw a tiny foot bridge as a potential border crossing, so nothing surprises me about how the soaps portray Canada!

Today was a crap miserable day here in Toronto and everyone was walking around with parkas. mitts and toques. We have had warmer days in March when the rink is open!  I wish it would have been open today, I would have gone skating!.

I would have laughed if they were NP rink and Julie Berman skated by.  I am only saying that because she was in some Ice Princess movie that filmed in Northern Ontario. Laura would have been "heh there is my daughter ....what?"

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It took me less than 2 minutes to google that the rink at Nathan Phillips Square, where the big Toronto sign is that they showed, closes on March 17.  All other outdoor rinks in Toronto close at the end of February because the weather is not reliably below freezing and the city doesn't have money to waste. (Other Torontonians will know what I mean.)

On the other hand, setting out for Paris and ending up in Toronto is the perfect metaphor for the Peter/Maxie "romance".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1