Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

To be fair, Sasha noped out on Michael after hearing about Nelle because she's lying her ass off in the exact same way that he was fucked by his ex, and she doesn't want to drag him into the scheme she's running with Valentine.  That was actually her being nice by being mean.  But... she does like him, and he is... a well built, rich, nice guy.  Go get 'im girl!!

ETA:  I just remembered that Michael was with Kiki, who's supposedly Sasha's sister, who was married to and later back with his brother, who fucked her mom even AFTER she slept with his dad, who screwed and impregnated a different mother and daughter pair, both of whom slept with, and one had a child with, his brother, who also attempted to marry his sister, who had a kid with his daughter's cousin, who fucked his brother's fiance, who married her brother's brother!!!!

Jesus.

Edited by ouinason
had to add some rambling.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Laura's line to Elizabeth about how invested Franco is in Aiden made me want Lucky to just appear out of thin air and snark, "You could say that, Mom. His investment in Aiden started when he kidnapped him from the hospital right after birth, and gave him to his mother to raise. You do remember that, don't you, Elizabeth? How you cried because a sick freak had taken your newborn son? "

Was Elizabeth's line about "full disclosure from my husband" intended to make her look pathetic again? Many people who have dealt with him, and her own numerous experiences with him in the time since the tumor was removed, provide ample evidence that Franco doesn't do full disclosure voluntarily. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm calling it now: Oscar dies before the Nurses' Ball and, per his request, Joss and Cam sing the song they wrote, thus starting the transition to "Joss learns to love again with Cam."

My money’s on Joss and Oscar singing the song together, but right before they get to the end, Oscar collapses and dies onstage.  Because that sounds like just the right amount of melodramatic cheese for this show. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Or just let Curtis do it and keep her in the loop? 

She told Curtis last week that because Margaux officially closed the case, she can't assign any of her men to it, but asked Curtis to go to NIagara Falls and snoop around for what he could find.  Curtis said no, he wanted to stay close to her because of her medical situation.  

Thanks, @perkie1968. So Jordan isn't completely stupid, just mostly stupid. Heh.

11 hours ago, ulkis said:

And compliment where they're due: Chad has kept in shape.

His very long shorts took me right out of it.

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
17 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm calling it now: Oscar dies before the Nurses' Ball and, per his request, Joss and Cam sing the song they wrote, thus starting the transition to "Joss learns to love again with Cam."

My money’s on Joss and Oscar singing the song together, but right before they get to the end, Oscar collapses and dies onstage.  Because that sounds like just the right amount of melodramatic cheese for this show. 

I think they'll finish the song and Oscar collapses after that. Maybe at the NB, maybe not, depending on what else the show has in store there. The baby-swap reveal is starting to simmer (FINALLY), and the NB is a very public place for it to get revealed, though the show isn't known for choosing its big moments that well.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

You do remember that, don't you, Elizabeth? How you cried because a sick freak had taken your newborn son?

But Lucky, that was because of the tumah.  He's not the same man anymore because of the tumah.  He had a tumah.  

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Abby, Starr, Kiki, Penny, Rosalee, Nelle and now Sasha.

Hilariously, everyone has forgotten Sabrina. Including me, I thought this list didn't seem complete, but it took me a little bit to remember who was missing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Chad Duell debuted 9 years ago today. The brass & cast must love him at GH. He’s never tried to leave. He must make good money & enjoy working there. And, Michael finally had sex which seemed like a long dry spell. LOL!!!

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Chad Duell debuted 9 years ago today. The brass & cast must love him at GH.

MB protects him, I believe.

He doesn't look much different from that first day. Too bad Aaron Renfrew isn't Morgan—he was far and away the best one. (But I get they wanted to SORAS the character so he could have a rivalry with Michael.)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

His very long shorts took me right out of it.

Ditto...as well as the fact that they apparently didn’t shower between working out and heading to the bedroom.

19 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Laura's line to Elizabeth about how invested Franco is in Aiden

Hey, remember when Franco was all invested in Jake.  The show changes up which of Liz's kids he's super bonded to whenever the plot requires it.  Blech.

• Love 1

Eh, the squeaky hinge gets the oil and all that.  I'd bet Jake is grateful as hell that his brothers are having drama now and he can just coast for a while.  

I would have thought that people would be more upset by Liz telling Franco what a good "husband and father" he is.  I like them and it gave me pause, lol.

I'm terrible, but I want Friz to have a kid, a girl, cause he would NOT know how to handle a baby/toddler.  This would amuse me.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, remember when Franco was all invested in Jake.  The show changes up which of Liz's kids he's super bonded to whenever the plot requires it.  Blech.

I think Jake became less of a factor when Burton returned in order to limit Liz and Jason scenes.  When Billy was Jason, it was constant.  Jake and his issues.  Jake and Franco in his life.  Constantly.

FV does not want to play up Liz/Franco/Jason because imo he doesn't want to even throw Jason/Liz fans a bone and because Jasam suck so bad, they can't have any interference from Liz or Drew.  

So you have this horrible scenario where Drew is still up Franco's ass and Jason doesn't give a shit that his kid lives with Franco, when they made such a huge deal out of what Franco did to Sam and Michael.

This show is infuriating but I can't think of any other reason why Liz shares zero scenes with Jason other than to protect the travesty that is Jason and Sam.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

I laughed at Liz's face when Jason asked her about getting the cup tested.  She was SO not interested in getting involved in whatever crap he has going on.  I like that she has no patience for him anymore.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

This show is infuriating but I can't think of any other reason why Liz shares zero scenes with Jason other than to protect the travesty that is Jason and Sam.

I think this goes both ways. JaSam, Friz. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Well that too...but at least Friz have chemistry.  

I am sure any scene with Becky and Burton would be more tolerable than anything Kelly and Steve do together.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I'm terrible, but I want Friz to have a kid, a girl, cause he would NOT know how to handle a baby/toddler.  This would amuse me.

After all his insistence that he didn't want to have any children and was a big reason why Nina and Franco broke up, hard pass. 

• Love 3

Okay, so I've been wondering what the Peter story reminded me of. Like, the broad strokes seemed familiar, but I couldn't think of from where.  Today I figured it out, and with all the clues in my face, from actors to a character name, I'm sort of embarrassed it took so long.

It reminds me of Jonathan on GL.  Kid given up by his mother to protect him, ends up with a hateful and abusive father through no fault of hers, comes in PISSED OFF at her.  Of course Jonathan came to town and fucked his cousin/stepsister, Peter got his brother killed.

Clues that should have helped me out

Wes and Laura were both on GL, and Laura's character was a huge part of that story, being the aunt/stepmom of the guy.

And Jon's aunt Olivia's name is the same as a character on this show.

Duh Ouida!!

Sorry, but I don't give any bluedilly fucks how long Duell's been on this show. Like he's some great thespian and I should go rah-rah, yay? Or Congratulations?

Stoopid, don't give a fuck news bulletin cut in on Thursday, so can someone fill in the blanks? What happened between Anna pulling out drawings and cards, to her telling Finn she found "proof" that Robin is actually hers? That fugly bracelet? Whu...????

• Love 1

Duell is protected by the threesome of suck. 

Plus the guy has zero prospects outside of GH, wtf is he going to do? 

The young actor who plays Kyle on YR has more sexual chemistry with his female co stars than Chad ever had on GH and that guy hasn't been on the damn show for 9 years.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

Isn't it enough that Liz has 3 kids by 1. a one-night stand who was the former hubby of her BFF, 2. the local hitman, and 3. the cuckolded once-upon-a-time true love that left because of daddy issues and Liz repeatedly metaphorically kicking him in the nuts?

Liz needs no more spawn. And SERIAL KILLER need never spawn.

• Love 4

Apropos of nothing, Peter’s hair looks like a mushroom cap. It’s very distracting. I don’t know anything he and Maxie talked about on Friday, because I kept picturing him as Toad in Mario Kart.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Apropos of nothing, Peter’s hair looks like a mushroom cap.

LWB 'seems' pretty annoyed with Kst lately.  He does light up around JdV though.

Well that too...but at least Friz have chemistry. 

RH has chemistry with just about everyone.  Ever since Roho came and failed with LW, MW, and MS, her character has been stuck looking at the undercarriage of a bus. 

Shut up Curtis.  You don't provide advice to Sonny, Jason, Carly, or Sam to stop committing felonies.  This cult story just rings hollow in that the crimes that Shiloh has committed are not any worse than violence and Sonny/Jason commit for their 9-5 mob jobs.  Maybe y'all think that MB/SBu were once nice to look at or could act but this viewer (who started in the late '70s and started re-watching around the time that James Franco graced the soap) remains bewildered watching these two EVIL and loathsome characters continue to stain the fabric of this show.  It's past time to remove this blight from the show.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Maybe y'all think that MB/SBu were once nice to look at or could act but this viewer (who started in the late '70s and started re-watching around the time that James Franco graced the soap) remains bewildered watching these two EVIL and loathsome characters continue to stain the fabric of this show.  It's past time to remove this blight from the show.

Ship has sailed.  Look what happened when Burton returned. He didn't get the girl for what 4 months? And then all that happened was he did absolutely nothing to get her back and Sam had not one ounce of POV as to why he was a better man for her than Drew, expect "Dresses are evil, sitting at a desk is bad, Drew forced me to be at Aurora."

Plus he's hogging up screen time like he did before with no storyline except infiltrating everyone else's.....and now he can't even lift women who weigh no more than 100 pounds.

This show had multiple ways to put Maurice and Burton in the background and they have chosen not to.  I'm pretty sure if MB were ever delegated though he'd lose his ever living shit just like he did when Ron was writing, which is funny since everyone thought Ron was the worst and now there's CVE and Shelly who by far have created the worst stories possible for this junk.

FV has proved he is never moving away from the loathsome foursome.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care about the morality of my soap characters. They can be as evil and immoral and manipulative as they want. All I ask is that they be interesting. I’m as fed up with Sonny, Jason, et al. as the rest of you. But not because they’re criminals. Because they’re boring and their stories never change.

• Love 6

The problem is they are criminals who are written as the moral center of the show and can never do wrong or be rightfully punished.  Their stories will never change because no one will ever admit that they are wrong or will they suffer actual looses.

The show needs some sort of balance in terms of good guys vs bad guys and all this show does is push criminals and they say "oh they're mobsters with a heart of gold or reformed serial killers."

And then of course there's double standards like Julian who is a piece of shit just like Sonny yet is somehow worse, even though he does the same things.

That's why the Shiloh storyline is one big failure to me because I don't see how he is so much more evil and disgusting than Sonny and his lap dog.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 15

Not sure how true this is, since the spoiler site is known for making stuff up, but they're saying Drew Garrett is coming back as Morgan.  Not sure if that's just to dispell any notion that he's replacing Chad as Michael. 

https://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2019/general-hospital-spoilers-drew-garretts-gh-return-as-morgan-corinthos-perfect-replacement-for-bryan-craig/?fbclid=IwAR0HmMtd1xwaP2vo3i9tqzWL4YCKOwoaEqqxMd_fv7E4w8agb2ioIcTSjsU

6 hours ago, Hater said:

The show needs some sort of balance in terms of good guys vs bad guys and all this show does is push criminals and they say "oh they're mobsters with a heart of gold or reformed serial killers."

A+ post, but especially this. The “evil” characters rarely answer for anything. And I’m not saying that all characters should not be fleshed out and be more than a caricature of something but IMO you cannot have these “evil” people do bad things to your “good” characters and never pay for it. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't think they'd have Drew Garrett back on this show.  And he's not one of Mo's pets.  I'm going to call fiction on this rumor.

MB loved DG. He was really upset they fired him. I don't think the rumor has any legs though.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

MB loved DG.

I didn't know that.  I knew he loved Carly #3? and was upset when they fired her, but I hadn't heard about DG.

I think DG was a better Michael -- closer to what Carly's kid would be like -- impulsive, mouthy, self-sabotaging.

• Love 4

I'm highly discomforted by Michael leaving his sex romp to go hug on Carly and play coy about being in a great mood. And then Carly questioning Sasha and putting the pieces together...Michael is like 30 years old, please, please cut the umbilical cord and stay out of his relationships/sex life. It's just so icky.

"Kristina has some great qualities," says TJ, in a tone which suggests that if pressed, he couldn't name a single one of those qualities. It must be rough for him to deal with Molly's anxious state of mind, though to her credit, her worries seem to come from a sincere urgency to know Kristina's safe. Can't say the same for the sister who's mumbling and fumbling her way around DoD.

I'm not very enthused by whatever scheme Ava is cooking up, but put MW and JL together and you have my attention. They're such great screen partners, I'll take any Ava and Kevin scenes in any capacity.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I think DG was a better Michael -- closer to what Carly's kid would be like -- impulsive, mouthy, self-sabotaging.

Yup. The only SLS that Jaysus actually called and yelled "You Stupid Bitch!" or something like that.

That said, any Anna or Robert today?

I thought Michael talking to Krissy about her life and what she thought Shiloh offered her was quite good.  God I hope she takes him up on his offer and goes to live at the Q mansion and tells Sonny to fuck himself.  Then I hope Sam really does fall in love with Shiloh and tells Jason to fuck himself. C'mon show give us something interesting!!

Edited by Blackie
to actually finish a thought
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm still trying to figure out how Shiloh is suppose to be this master con artist, but he can't figure out that he's being played by Sam. What's that saying? "You can't con a conman."

And it's odd that to me that DOD has absolutely no security. Sam can just wonder around the house with no issue. Most cults I've read about spare no expense on protecting their headquarters.

• Love 5

I’ve not been a fan of this cult storyline (and I’m definitely not a Kristina fan) but I found the intervention session surprisingly affecting and I thought LA did a good job.

I hope new psychiatrist guy sticks around. I like him.

• Love 10
On 4/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, Hater said:

Duell is protected by the threesome of suck. 

Plus the guy has zero prospects outside of GH, wtf is he going to do? 

The young actor who plays Kyle on YR has more sexual chemistry with his female co stars than Chad ever had on GH and that guy hasn't been on the damn show for 9 years.  

I don't mind Chad as Michael. My only critique of him is I find him extremely asexual. Michael has never been able to generate chemistry with anyone they've paired him with IMO. Michael's most interesting relationships are his platonic ones.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

The curious thing is that Duelly is never better than when Michael has a bit of an edge, like when he turned on S&C for a while and taunted them about how they were going to be staying in jail.  He can do sarcastic pretty well. I suspect that that's closer to how he is in real life than the character's droopy-dog default...which began right around the time he took over, and Michael was being menaced by Carter in prison. 

I'm not taking that CDL casting speculation about Garrett as Morgan seriously yet. They've been too wildly out there before. A lot of their pieces are "Wouldn't it be crazy if...?" 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

God I hope she takes him up on his offer and goes to live at the Q mansion and tells Sonny to fuck himself.  Then I hope Sam really does fall in love with Shiloh and tells Jason to fuck himself. C'mon show give us something interesting!!

Can this be followed by Shiloh laughing in Sam's face and telling her to fuck herself?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

And it's odd that to me that DOD has absolutely no security. Sam can just wonder around the house with no issue.

It's odd to me that Kristina had her own room.   One that looked like it was out of a trendy decorator store.  No barracks-style dorm rooms with a footlocker to keep all your stuff in. 

Ridiculous how they put drab clothes on her for the deprogramming.  Clothes that she doesn't ordinarily wear.  It's like when a character is injured or ill, and suddenly they break out the sweatpants.

On 4/20/2019 at 9:51 PM, YaddaYadda said:
On 4/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, Hater said:

Yeah, but I don't think FV cares about JaSam enough to protect it. Of the two, I think FV only actually cares about Friz - and that's because it gives RoHo job security. I doubt JaSam is bringing in new fans but they have a relatively large, loyal fanbase that probably won't abandon the couple because of Liz/Jason scenes.

Friz, though? Friz fandom appears to be made up of new fans of the couple, RoHo fans and disaffected Liaison fans who abandoned the ship due to the Liz/Jakeson story and aftermath. I would think that those fans would be more susceptible to Liz/"Real"Jason stories.

In fact, the Jason/Sam relationship should be stressed right now by Jason's obsession with reducing Franco's influence on his son. But, it isn't,  for the same reason that Laura is cheerleading the Friz relationship and that Lucky still hasn't been recast.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I don't mind Chad as Michael. My only critique of him is I find him extremely asexual. Michael has never been able to generate chemistry with anyone they've paired him with IMO. Michael's most interesting relationships are his platonic ones.

Same here. CD is so obviously uncomfortable doing love scenes. It's a weird part of the job, but it's part of the job. Someone needs to talk to him about it, as awkward as that would be.

I don't think another actor would be able to do much with the character given the writing for Michael. We joked that Robert Palmer Watkins's Dillon was a jar of mayonnaise, but Michael isn't much better.

Am I the only one who thinks the hand should have been a cliffhanger? It was obvious what was in the package, but it would have been a fun way to end a Friday, I think.

I had to laugh at Jason petulantly taking the heavy bag when Shiloh asked if he could use it, and then pointedly ignoring anything Shiloh said. What an infant! 

Laura's semi-estrangement from Kevin didn't last long. I knew it wouldn't, but I feel like she should support him without wanting him to move back home just yet.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It was obvious what was in the package, but it would have been a fun way to end a Friday, I think.

It was supposed to be a Friday episode, but it was delayed because of last week's preemption.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah, but I don't think FV cares about JaSam enough to protect it. Of the two, I think FV only actually cares about Friz - and that's because it gives RoHo job security. I doubt JaSam is bringing in new fans but they have a relatively large, loyal fanbase that probably won't abandon the couple because of Liz/Jason scenes.

Friz, though? Friz fandom appears to be made up of new fans of the couple, RoHo fans and disaffected Liaison fans who abandoned the ship due to the Liz/Jakeson story and aftermath. I would think that those fans would be more susceptible to Liz/"Real"Jason stories.

In fact, the Jason/Sam relationship should be stressed right now by Jason's obsession with reducing Franco's influence on his son. But, it isn't,  for the same reason that Laura is cheerleading the Friz relationship and that Lucky still hasn't been recast.

But don’t you think that Frank’s GH only saw Liz as a spoiler for JaSam? I mean, that was the reason Jake was brought back to life in the first place. Essentially, they never actually established a real bond between Liz and Jason. Since 2012, although I could probably go back to even before that, there was always only ONE purpose to a Liason scene.

• Love 3

Let's carry around important incriminating files and then lock them in storage areas on the premises.  Sam should have gone with the candle fire last time. 

If precious Brick could analyze the cup, why didn't Jason do that first?  Why didn't Brad wash it out?

Deprogramming.   How am I supposed to know that Lemonface is mad, when that's her normal expression?  Why is Alexis always slapped down and never Sonny?  "You took a phone call and left." Wah, wah, wah. 

Here is the thing that I find strange about the cult story. Prior to coming to Port Charles, Shiloh had beef with Sam for marrying his dad and stealing all his money. He never met Jason although he knew Drew who had Jason's face. However with the way that Shiloh enjoy baiting Jason, you would think that the reason Shiloh came to town was to screw with Jason and not Sam as it was originally written.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Here is the thing that I find strange about the cult story. Prior to coming to Port Charles, Shiloh had beef with Sam for marrying his dad and stealing all his money. He never met Jason although he knew Drew who had Jason's face. However with the way that Shiloh enjoy baiting Jason, you would think that the reason Shiloh came to town was to screw with Jason and not Sam as it was originally written.

Because Jason needs to be involved in every story, even when he's not needed.

• Love 7