Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Elizabeth is married to her brother's brother, so....

That happens a lot.  At least dating.  Courtney dated Ric.  AJ dated Nikki.  I actually thought I had more than that, but I think I was thinking of sibling sharing.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

He named Jason the executor of his estate

He named an executioner his executor??? Shouldn't he have picked someone with a working brain or at least Michael or Alexis

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And if Nik were around, Charlotte would be his niece on both her maternal and paternal side, right?

Yes. The same way Charlotte and Spencer are cousins via Lulu/Nik and Valentin/Nik. Ew. 

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Dr. Terry tell Drew/Kim that Oscar's last seizure severely impacted his motor skills and cognitive function?

She said his mobility would be decreasing and he was using a cane today, when he was walking.   And they had him get tired when he was playing the guitar so there's that.  

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Well, Michael did date/impregnate his aunt

Nelle wasn't related to Carly in any way shape or form.   Frank Benson was briefly married to Carly's mother, than went on and married whoever and had Nelle.  No connection there.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And if Nik were around, Charlotte would be his niece on both her maternal and paternal side, right?

No, neice on Lulu's side (his sister) but cousin on Valentin's side (uncle).  

I love how Sonny is certain that Kristina's pledge involves him. Of course his pea brain can't fathom her thinking of anyone else.

FFS, Olivia, pull yourself together. Oscar isn't dead yet. (Though I did like the callback to her crying at animal-shelter commercials and them all agreeing the ones with the Sarah MacLachlan song are the worst. Hee.)

If everyone is going to walk around the Q mansion sobbing, Oscar is better off elsewhere. Being with everyone is supposed to make his death better for him.

Color me slightly surprised Sonny and/or Jason didn't see Shiloh and Julian shaking hands and one of them immediately shouting "J'accuse!" (figuratively, of course; neither of them would know what it means) and implicating Julian in Kristina getting involved with DoD. Though I'm sure Alexis will spill the beans about Julian loaning Kristina the ten grand.

Shiloh files the pledges in a hanging folder? Alrighty then. Also, so what if she's signed it? That doesn't make it legally binding.

4 hours ago, Linny said:

I do want to give credit to Neil for having the line of the day: "Have you ever seen glass shatter, Sonny?" Oh, Neil, you really are new here, aren't you? 

I died laughing at that, especially Sonny's face when Neil goes on about being able to fix broken glass, but shattered glass can't be repaired. The Duh face rises again.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I do want to give credit to Neil for having the line of the day: "Have you ever seen glass shatter, Sonny?" Oh, Neil, you really are new here, aren't you? 

Sonny:  Does barware count?

Did anyone else's Comcast DVR not record today's show?  For some reason both my DVR's failed to record this crapfest.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't know what's worse, that Sam seems to be completely ignorant that Oscar is living out his final days, or she would be told about it and just continue on with her Shiloh business as though nothing's happened since the writers refuse to write her in any scenes with Drew.

The whole thing just reeks of BTS agenda and this is the type of garbage TPTB expect the fans to tune into. 

I don't believe Sam will even show up to give her respects to Drew when Oscar dies. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

That happens a lot.  At least dating.  Courtney dated Ric.  AJ dated Nikki.  I actually thought I had more than that, but I think I was thinking of sibling sharing.

There was also the time that Nik walked in on his brother Lucky and cousin Sam making out. I recall Sam claimed (to Elizabeth) that she was over Jason and falling in love with Lucky.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Yes. The same way Charlotte and Spencer are cousins via Lulu/Nik and Valentin/Nik. Ew. 

The ick factor is high for me when I think about how Helena wanted to use Lulu's egg and Stavros's sperm. That means Nik would have been both brother and uncle to that baby. Vomit.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

No, neice on Lulu's side (his sister) but cousin on Valentin's side (uncle).  

Oh okay. I didn't remember who Val's father was and thought it might have also been Stavros.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Color me slightly surprised Sonny and/or Jason didn't see Shiloh and Julian shaking hands and one of them immediately shouting "J'accuse!" (figuratively, of course; neither of them would know what it means) and implicating Julian in Kristina getting involved with DoD. Though I'm sure Alexis will spill the beans about Julian loaning Kristina the ten grand.

Which is just another reason Julian is the absolute worst! Asshole is always around that bar of his bothering his customers who go there even though they hate him. Now he has the audacity to give Kristina an advance on her pay because she told him she needs it for class? How is this man still allowed to be around polite society? High time Jason takes the garbage out, if you ask me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Sam really has some nerve looking perplexed as to why Julian would be short with her.  She's only given him the glacial treatment for, what, 3 years at least?  Bout time she got some of it back.

Also, LOL of the day for her "I have to go pick up my kids" line and the next time we see her she's up Jason's ass.  Pretty sure at this point Scout couldn't pick her out of a lineup as "Mommy" even if all the others in said lineup were kangaroos.

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Dr. Terry tell Drew/Kim that Oscar's last seizure severely impacted his motor skills and cognitive function? Yet he can walk, talk, carry on important conversations, and write a song

Yes, but when he came into Q. house he had a cane!  Look how disabled he is!  A cane!

Joss needs a new sweater because the moths have eaten that one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sonny:  Does barware count?

Did anyone else's Comcast DVR not record today's show?  For some reason both my DVR's failed to record this crapfest.

So it wasn’t just me. Whew! I have it on season pass (or, whatever you call it). I happened to be home and “taped” the last half hour. Then I had to watch the first half on the abc app and then back to the DVR for the second half. I really need to get a life or care less. LOL!!!!

On 4/17/2019 at 11:28 PM, 30 Helens said:

Oh look, Lucas got let out of the attic today! Lucky for him, they needed someone to fulfill the role of Gay Yoda. Because, why else would he be there? 

Ugh, more groundbreaking and progressive writing from Shelly Altman, I see.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I didn't remember who Val's father was and thought it might have also been Stavros.

Mikos was everyone's father!  Stefan and Stavros via Helena, Alexis via opera singer Kristina and Valentin via, I think, the maid. 

Which means the Davis girls are first cousin to Nik and Charlotte.  The Davis girls and Charlotte are second cousin to Spencer.  Danny and Scout are second cousin to Charlotte but third cousin to Spencer.

You think that's bad,wait til you get into MIchael's family tree.  That ones wacky on a whole bunch of sides. 

Anyone else think it was odd that Alexis wipped out a check book to write Julian a check?  1992 called, they want their checkbook back.  I mean, I still have a checkbook and will occasionally write a check (for example, my alarm company still takes checks,they haven't entered the 21st century of paying bills by credit or through the bank) but for the most part that thing sits in my drawer collecting dust.  I just thought it was hilarious that she'd be carrying one around on her person. 

34 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Anyone else think it was odd that Alexis wipped out a check book to write Julian a check?  1992 called, they want their checkbook back.  I mean, I still have a checkbook and will occasionally write a check (for example, my alarm company still takes checks,they haven't entered the 21st century of paying bills by credit or through the bank) but for the most part that thing sits in my drawer collecting dust.  I just thought it was hilarious that she'd be carrying one around on her person. 

I carry mine around. With checks I pay my dentist, my eye doctor, my regular doctor, my rent, my cable, my electric, and sometimes one of my credit card bills.  If I were to want to give a large amount (just meaning more than I have in cash) to a person, I would write them a check.  It's not that bizarre.

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I carry mine around. With checks I pay my dentist, my eye doctor, my regular doctor, my rent, my cable, my electric, and sometimes one of my credit card bills.  If I were to want to give a large amount (just meaning more than I have in cash) to a person, I would write them a check.  It's not that bizarre.

I pay all my bills by check.   Because I'm old.   LOl.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I pay all my bills by check.   Because I'm old.   LOl.

I don't even have a choice as far as the dentist and rent are concerned.  They don't take cards.  I guess I don't know about the rent.  I've been living there forever.

For ten grand I'd write a check, too. It feels safer, for some reason. Maybe because I'm old. 

yeah-- I can't imagine venmo(ing) somebody ten grand. I write checks for some bills-- because I still want to receive paper bills for things like utilities (which is useful for 'proof of address' for things like renewing drivers licenses).

And for things like medical expenses-- so I have a physical record of what I paid if I have to submit expenses for any reason.

so Alexis wrote Julien a check and Anna found proof she's Robin's mom all in the last ten minutes of the show? The news broke in for the Dem press conference on the Mueller report... did I miss anything else in the last ten minutes?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

yeah-- I can't imagine venmo(ing) somebody ten grand. I write checks for some bills-- because I still want to receive paper bills for things like utilities (which is useful for 'proof of address' for things like renewing drivers licenses).

Ah, yes, all the paperwork you now need to renew driver's licenses.  It's gotten a bit crazy.  Birth certificate, social security card, current DL AND a bill. I feel like I'm forgetting something. And, this is also another place you can pay with check since they charge extra if you use a card.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I just can't with the Joss/Oscar pairing and call me a jerk, but them writing a song together is so cheesy, it borders on annoying.

I'm calling it now: Oscar dies before the Nurses' Ball and, per his request, Joss and Cam sing the song they wrote, thus starting the transition to "Joss learns to love again with Cam."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Do they have to make Jordan so completely stupid? I get she doesn't want to devote a lot of resources to finding out if Ryan is actually dead, but can't she assign one person to keep an eye on things? Or just let Curtis do it and keep her in the loop? 

Does Ava not know that Franco and Elizabeth are married? Even if she doesn't, Ryan would, so I'd think he'd see through that. 

AVA! Scott is your friend. Do NOT set him up to be bait for Ryan. Sheesh.

Liesl should never be cowed by Valentin. NEVER.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm calling it now: Oscar dies before the Nurses' Ball and, per his request, Joss and Cam sing the song they wrote, thus starting the transition to "Joss learns to love again with Cam."

If they have Cam get in an accident that completely changes his personality, I'm out. They are trying so hard to make Joss and Oscar the Robin and Stone of this generation and it isn't working.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oscar dies before the Nurses' Ball and, per his request, Joss and Cam sing the song they wrote,

Ten bucks says she sings it by herself, collapses with grief on stage and Jason comes and picks her up and takes her away.  Because this show loves to recycle story lines.  

Re; writing checks.  My bad.  Didn't realize it was still common practice for so many people.  Here in Canada, I pay everything online or by phone through my bank(though I still get a paper bill for my records).  Dentist and prescriptions gets paid by credit card and we have universal health care.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Do they have to make Jordan so completely stupid? I get she doesn't want to devote a lot of resources to finding out if Ryan is actually dead, but can't she assign one person to keep an eye on things? Or just let Curtis do it and keep her in the loop? 

I stopped listening to her today after she told Franco the PCPD wanted to honor him for his help with finding a serial killer. Thank him? Okay. Have a bloody hero celebration for him? No way.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

I stopped listening to her today after she told Franco the PCPD wanted to honor him for his help with finding a serial killer. Thank him? Okay. Have a bloody hero celebration for him? No way.

What's the matter with you? Franco is awesome!

Drink the kool-aid, will you? Be susceptible to their form of brainwashing and join the cult of CO77X. Resistance is futile!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile Julian has to have a restraining order from half the town.

Seriously, seriously show? Liz saying it's thanks to thanks to LAURA that she has Franco?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Meanwhile Julian has to have a restraining order from half the town.

Seriously, seriously show? Liz saying it's thanks to thanks to LAURA that she has Franco?

Well, Laura did champion Friz from the beginning and never questioned the idea of her grandsons living with the serial killer that strapped her daughter to a bomb, so by those standards Elizabeth DOES owe her relationship with Franco to Laura, doesn't she?

52 minutes ago, nilyank said:

To his credit, Franco was  "yeah, no," especially given that he reminded Jordan that she basically blackmailed him into "helping."

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Or just let Curtis do it and keep her in the loop? 

She told Curtis last week that because Margaux officially closed the case, she can't assign any of her men to it, but asked Curtis to go to NIagara Falls and snoop around for what he could find.  Curtis said no, he wanted to stay close to her because of her medical situation.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Have not seen today, but still, ew!  C'mon Liesl, pick out your kickiest wig and throw that lame-o off the parapet.

• Love 2

I believe they were chem-tested in scenes maybe a week ago, but to your point, not much of a story build.  I'm guessing this is just a distraction until they can throw Michael into a triangle (he should lose) with Chase and Willow.

13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I believe they were chem-tested in scenes maybe a week ago, but to your point, not much of a story build.  I'm guessing this is just a distraction until they can throw Michael into a triangle (he should lose) with Chase and Willow.

But I don't think they are going to go into a triangle. Chase and Willow are really cute by themselves and Michael doesn't seem to  be interested in her as more than a friend.

However I am all for no strings attached sex for Michael. He should be having more of that considering that he was raised by Sonny.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

But I don't think they are going to go into a triangle. Chase and Willow are really cute by themselves and Michael doesn't seem to  be interested in her as more than a friend.

I have a feeling that will change when the baby swap starts to untangle.

26 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm not even sure she was cowed, she just seemed confused.  Like she really believed that Sasha was a plant so when Maxie's DNA test came back positive instead, she couldn't wrap her head around it.  Then Valentin threatens her but why would he if Sasha is really Nina's daughter.   I thought KG was playing it confused and not cowed.  

27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm not snarking on this one, I'm legit asking: have Michael and Sasha shared any one-on-one scenes before they randomly had sex today?

The met at the Rib about a week or so ago and flirted with each other.  Then Michael decided to tell her his life story in regards to Nelle and her evil, lying ways.  So Sasha got all, "oh you like them honest, well that ain't me bitch" and ran out like her butt was on fire.  And Michael was all, "wuhhh??"

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The met at the Rib about a week or so ago and flirted with each other.  Then Michael decided to tell her his life story in regards to Nelle and her evil, lying ways.  So Sasha got all, "oh you like them honest, well that ain't me bitch" and ran out like her butt was on fire.  And Michael was all, "wuhhh??"

Nina introduced them first, trying to play matchmaker between them.

• Useful 1
56 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm not snarking on this one, I'm legit asking: have Michael and Sasha shared any one-on-one scenes before they randomly had sex today?

Yes, a few. I've liked Michael around Sasha, not as a couple, but as a character, because he seemed more like a normal guy who is attracted to a girl and is acting like it. Not his usual totally chaste way of courting.

38 minutes ago, nilyank said:

However I am all for no strings attached sex for Michael. He should be having more of that considering that he was raised by Sonny.

Ha, Michael has had more partners than a lot of characters on the show, although not necessarily one night stands. 

And compliment where they're due: Chad has kept in shape.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Ha, Michael has had more partners than a lot of characters on the show, although not necessarily one night stands. 

Abby, Starr, Kiki, Penny, Rosalee, Nelle and now Sasha.