Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 3/31/2019 at 2:54 PM, dubbel zout said:

I think she's miscast, as well, but I also think anyone in the PC DA role is going to be a dud, given that Sonny/Jason/Carly always have to win in the end. Those interactions are never interesting to watch, since the DA makes threats we know will never pan out, and those interactions are enraging when those three demand the PCPD take action when something finally doesn't go in their favor. Ugh.

She can't spin shit into gold but when she's gotten good writting like the reveal of her mother and going against Sonny I think she proved herself more than capable and has had really good chemistry with every person they put in front of her.  But it is a thankless role in a thankless, piece of shit soap. If the character is a failure it is 100%  on the inept morons they hire as writers. 

• Love 3

I don't know why anyone in PC ever says the words "DNA test" out loud in any public place. You're just asking to be overheard and have the test tinkered with. Send it to a lab outside the city and never mention it until you get the results.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I hate Nina -- so -- goddamn -- much.

Jerk, the only person who is really looking out for you is Maxie. Sure, scold her, but don't be an asshole about it when the guy you're planning on marrying has done nothing but lie since he stumbled upon your door.

That pencil head can't be that good in bed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Unsurprisingly, I loooved Lucy (heh) today, from the minute Lynn Herring came sashaying around that courtroom corner, looking gorgeous if slightly inappropriate for court in those boots.  Calling Kevin her best friend, her entire philosophy on friendship, in fact, that it means showing up when the going gets tough.  Her spirited defense of his character and his intentions, even if the writers made her "babble comedically" for way too long first.  The nods to her own history in Port Charles, not just with Kevin and Ryan, but by having her turn on Nora when she realized she represented Olivia Jerome.  Even her taking it a step too far, as always, by being all, "Kevin can stay with me!".  Glad she's finally in this story in a real way.

What I did not love was having to listen to Franco hypocritically rail at Kevin.  Being all enraged that Ryan relished killing Kiki, enjoyed it?  YOU TURNED YOUR VICTIMS INTO ART EXHIBITS!  That he's had second chance after second chance, but thinks Kevin should be burned at the stake, is enraging if classic behavior for this dipstick.

Standing next to Nora made it feel like Elizabeth Hendrickson was playing dress-up even more than usual.  I didn't mind the Pine Valley reference, though.  Hey, do Hendrickson and Finola Hughes ever share scenes?

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

her entire philosophy on friendship, in fact, that it means showing up when the going gets tough. 

She's absolutely right. Anyone can be there when things are good. It's when stuff goes sideways that you find out who the true blues are. 

45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That he's had second chance after second chance, but thinks Kevin should be burned at the stake, is enraging if classic behavior for this dipstick fakakta soap.

Fixed that for you.

• Love 2

Rocco isn’t a very good actor but he’s a kid and not being asked to carry any load so I can give him a pass. If the show decides to put him in a real storyline, they’ll need to recast.  But I’m not going to rag on the kid when he has maybe 3 lines every month.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

What I did not love was having to listen to Franco hypocritically rail at Kevin.  Being all enraged that Ryan relished killing Kiki, enjoyed it?  YOU TURNED YOUR VICTIMS INTO ART EXHIBITS!  That he's had second chance after second chance, but thinks Kevin should be burned at the stake, is enraging if classic behavior for this dipstick.

What irritated me more was Howarth's delivery. I got distinct "Hey, look! I'm acting!" vibes. It made him more loathsome than usual.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, rur said:

What irritated me more was Howarth's delivery. I got distinct "Hey, look! I'm acting!" vibes. It made him more loathsome than usual.

Didn't Franco bitch about when his victim's families sued him for all of his money? Fuck this guy. The pairing I really want with Jax...is Kevin. He should be sympathetic to having a brother who is a psychopath.

• Love 2

Lynn Herring looked AMAZING today. The short skirt and thigh high boots. Damn! She’s 60 years old and has had 2 kids. Simply incredible. I’m so glad I only 4 cookies instead of my normal 5 while watching her today. Otherwise, I would have felt like a real load. LOL!!!! I thought it was a nice touch to have her stand by Kevin. She’s more annoying now then back in the old days but I do like seeing her in small doses. Elizabeth Hendrickson’s hair looked beautiful. That’s all I have for her. The Llanview/Pine Valley shoutouts were nice, too. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I would not be opposed to a Lucy/Ava/Kevin triangle, but it looks like they will do the boring thing and have Laura slink back to him.  

I really really want a Kevin/ Ava story. Please, Show. I ask for so little and you give me even less.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I really really want a Kevin/ Ava story. Please, Show. I ask for so little and you give me even less.

but does Kevin even know Ava? I'm confused by the timeline. Was Kevin treating Ava for a while and then Ryan took over?

8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Norah Buchanan?  Again?  Ugh, I couldn't stand her on OLTL.

Her skirt was so high up on her stomach. Thank goodness she wasn't standing too long. I'm not sure why they needed her though. A day player would probably have been cheaper. You gotta think about the budget, Frank. That's why Michelle left. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Was Kevin treating Ava for a while and then Ryan took over?

No, Kevin was already in Ferncliff when Ryan started "treating' Ava.   But it would be interesting to have Ava and Kevin interact since they were both messed up by Ryan.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed today's show with all the old timers.  Not sure how this scavenger hunt was allowed in a busy hospital, but oh well.  Monica and Leslie, Bobbie and Elizabeth, Scott and Laura, Lucy and Kevin--so many good pairings.

Wish I had seen the nurse's ball when Alan sang from Cinderella because that's where I saw him first, as the prince in the TV musical.  My mother bought that album and we listened to it over and over. 

Why was Julian there?  I guess I missed that part, but he seemed out of place.

My biggest take-away was....dang, Mac is the best looking man on the show even though he's older than many of the others!  He just gets better as the years go by.

• Love 6
(edited)

No, Laura. Sonny is a professional scumbag everyone calls a good guy!!!

I don't need this BS the day before my birthday.  I'm getting too old to be this annoyed...

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

I enjoyed today's show with all the old timers.  Not sure how this scavenger hunt was allowed in a busy hospital, but oh well.  Monica and Leslie, Bobbie and Elizabeth, Scott and Laura, Lucy and Kevin--so many good pairings.

Wish I had seen the nurse's ball when Alan sang from Cinderella because that's where I saw him first, as the prince in the TV musical.  My mother bought that album and we listened to it over and over. 

That's where I first saw him, too. Loved him as the Prince.

• Love 5

My eyes stung a little when Elizabeth talked about her rape, and Alexis's reading of the letter ended in the montage.

I recognized every montage scene except the one in which it looked like Monica walked in on herself kissing a blond man.  Can anyone tell me who the non-Monica's were?

• Love 2

Thanks so much for posting that, @BlancheDevoreaux. I enjoyed it, even if it did get a little dusty in the room while I was watching it. 

Contrast that opening of the Nurses's Ball with the male striptease we had to endure for a couple of  years, and it's easy to see exactly why people used to love soaps and exactly how far GH has fallen.

• Love 7
(edited)

Obviously the idea of Gail Baldwin turning her last wishes into a scavenger hunt is pretty far-fetched, let alone including several people she didn't really know. But I loved today anyway.  A whole episode in the hospital!

Lynn Herring was really wonderful and heartbreaking (and gorgeous, wow). I hope we get to see more of this version of Lucy. 

And I loved Scotty with both Laura and Bobbie.  I'm really hoping never to have a retread of those romantic relationships, but it's nice seeing them all as old friends. (But my, JZ's face is looking taut).

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

Why was Julian there? 

I questioned that too.  He asked Alexis about it, and she admitted that she's talked to Gail over the past few years and told her about Julian, so he figured Gail was matchmaking.  Which is dumb and served no purpose since he's with Kim.  Unless they're planning on getting rid of Kim when Oscar dies and they need Julian back in Alexis' orbit.  

That flashback of Felicia finding out about BJ's heart and dropping to the floor gets me every single time.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 9

Yeah, Jackie’s face is pulled so tight that she doesn’t look human. And I used to think she was a good actress. Not so much any more. I did enjoy today’s show and wish they’d have shown many more flashbacks of the old days.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Yeah, Jackie’s face is pulled so tight that she doesn’t look human. And I used to think she was a good actress. Not so much any more. I did enjoy today’s show and wish they’d have shown many more flashbacks of the old days.

I think because, like you said, her face has been pulled so tight, that it's very difficult for her to have expressions.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

She has also over used fillers for a long, long time.  I used to really enjoy her, but the look and the cartoon voice grate these last five or so years (or even a decade +).

21 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I questioned that too.  He asked Alexis about it, and she admitted that she's talked to Gail over the past few years and told her about Julian, so he figured Gail was matchmaking.  Which is dumb and served no purpose since he's with Kim.  Unless they're planning on getting rid of Kim when Oscar dies and they need Julian back in Alexis' orbit.  

That flashback of Felicia finding out about BJ's heart and dropping to the floor gets me every single time.  

Yes, the BJ flashbacks will always make me shed tears. Same with the scenes of Bobbie examining Liz after she had been raped. I missed the days when the writers could write stories that could tug on the heart strings. The closet we have to a heart wrenching story nowadays is Oscar's story, but I'm not invested enough in Oscar to be all that broken up about it.

I think Lulu should have been at GH. She did have a bone marrow transplant as a child, which is how we were introduced to Nikolas.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

Obviously the idea of Gail Baldwin turning her last wishes into a scavenger hunt is pretty far-fetched, let alone including several people she didn't really know. But I loved today anyway.  A whole episode in the hospital!

Lynn Herring was really wonderful and heartbreaking (and gorgeous, wow). I hope we get to see more of this version of Lucy. 

And I loved Scotty with both Laura and Bobbie.  I'm really hoping never to have a retread of those romantic relationships, but it's nice seeing them all as old friends. (But my, JZ's face is looking taut).

I don't think we'll ever see a retread of Scott and Bobbie or Scott and Laura because Kin Shriner simply isn't on enough to have a romantic relationship with anyone at this point. I always liked him best with Lucy. But I was also a Lucy and Kevin fan. 

It's amazing that Lynn Herring/Lucy is only five years younger than Jackie Zeman/Bobbie, but Lynn looks so much younger. I'm sure Lynn has had work done too, but whatever she has had done looks subtle and natural as opposed to surgeries Jackie has had done, which make her look like a wax figure.

• Love 4

They should totally have a couple of characters spit into a tube and send their tests off to Ancestry (23/me/FTDNA...whatever) because those hospital tests just cannot be trusted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I would not be opposed to a Lucy/Ava/Kevin triangle, but it looks like they will do the boring thing and have Laura slink back to him.  

I like Laura and Kevin. The problem is the writers don't write anything interesting for them.

Lucy isn't on enough, unfortunately, to be featured in a love triangle. Today was the first time we saw her in a substantial capacity. The last time I remember her being on was a couple of months back when she had a press conference for that stupid book.

• Love 4
(edited)

Franco, Julian, Sonny and Carly.

HARD PASS.  It's in Mo and LW's contract that they be featured in anniversary episodes these days.  I know. I know. Carson and their lap dog have been the center of the show for years now, but sometimes the show needs to stop trying to fit Sonny into everything!  What the hell do those two characters have anything to do with Gail?

The show cannot go one day without praising Sonny for how GREAT he is!    Such a random nonsensical scene that made zero sense.......oh wait MB needed to plug his "I am a sponsor for mental health" promo.

That entire Julexis scene on the stairs was just odd. Completely odd. This constant "I'm so sexually charged" stuff is not doing anything for me.  Either pair them up or move on.  

I liked Maxie/Mac. Leslie/Monica.   Anything that had nothing to do with the above characters.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13

Any interaction between Alexis and Julian seems so forced and awkward to me. That thing on the stairs today was just stupid and embarassing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I like Laura and Kevin. The problem is the writers don't write anything interesting for them.

Lucy isn't on enough, unfortunately, to be featured in a love triangle. Today was the first time we saw her in a substantial capacity. The last time I remember her being on was a couple of months back when she had a press conference for that stupid book.

Oh, I don't know... A year and a half ago this would have been said about Kevin. Given that they made her the author of that guide book, I think they know that Lucy is widely remembered and relatively popular (though I realize she has detractors). I'm still holding out hope!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Franco, Julian, Sonny and Carly.

HARD PASS.  It's in Mo and LW's contract that they be featured in anniversary episodes these days.  I know. I know. Carson and their lap dog have been the center of the show for years now, but sometimes the show needs to stop trying to fit Sonny into everything!  What the hell do those two characters have anything to do with Gail?

The show cannot go one day without praising Sonny for how GREAT he is!    Such a random nonsensical scene that made zero sense.......oh wait MB needed to plug his "I am a sponsor for mental health" promo.

That entire Julexis scene on the stairs was just odd. Completely odd. This constant "I'm so sexually charged" stuff is not doing anything for me.  Either pair them up or move on.  

I liked Maxie/Mac. Leslie/Monica.   Anything that had nothing to do with the above characters.

Today's episode was about celebrating Gail AND the hospital. Sonny didn't have anything to do with Gail, but the Stone Cates Memorial Wing gives him a tie to GH, so I didn't mind his presence in this episode. Carly said she found her envelope in the Pediatric section of the hospital, which was dedicated to Michael. I'm assuming it was when Michael was shot and suffered a brain injury. So that explains her reason for being there.

The only thing that annoyed in regards to Sonny was when Laura told him how misunderstood he was and how he was a good man in a bad's man clothing or something like that. I wish the writers would stop trying to whitewash Sonny's character. Yes, he has done some noble things throughout his 25 years on the show, but that still doesn't change the fact that he is a murderer.  Laura should have just thanked him for being open about his manic depression and left it at that.

• Love 6

I was going to ask if Alan really sang one of the cinderella songs so thank you for posting that! 

I was absolutely in love with Stuart Damon as Prince Charming. Used to watch it every single time it was on TV. But even after watching GH for several years I had NO IDEA It was the same man. In my defense I was just a teenager in the 70s but still lol!  

I was furious that sonny and Carly were at Gail’s will reading. Did either of them even know her? And of course Franco went all ‘wah I didn’t even know her. I’m a terrible son because I didn’t console you when she died.’ Well yes you are a terrible son. But that’s the least of the reasons.

throughout the episode, I kept thinking they should show flashbacks to the scenes the characters were discussing so it was nice to get some at the end. But I agree there should have been some of Gail and Lee, along with audio.

all in all not a horrible show.

• Love 4

Live look at me lured back in like a cheap dock hooker by Nora mentioning the obviously well and no longer a therapist-killing psychopath Marty Saybrooke from OLTL:

M7HEt5u.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Today's episode was about celebrating Gail AND the hospital. Sonny didn't have anything to do with Gail, but the Stone Cates Memorial Wing gives him a tie to GH, so I didn't mind his presence in this episode. Carly said she found her envelope in the Pediatric section of the hospital, which was dedicated to Michael. I'm assuming it was when Michael was shot and suffered a brain injury. So that explains her reason for being there.

He wasn't necessary.  I don't care what Carson donated to the hospital. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who donated to the hospital.  They're shoved into everything and it always turns into an ass kissing session of both characters that was simply not needed in this episode where Gail had zero to do with them.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

I liked when Scotty told Laura that she smiles the same as when she was seventeen.  That was sweet, and true.

That spark is still there. In that moment I was transported back to 1978. They really should work together more & stop making Scotty such a moron. He wasn’t like that at all in the 70’s. 

I would have replaced Franco, Sonny, Carly & Julian with Robert, Anna & Robin. See it’s not that hard FV. 

• Love 6

The scavenger hunt was a dumb idea, but at least it gave us some nice moments. 

Jordan wants to go to Mercy? That death trap?

2 hours ago, Hater said:

MB needed to plug his "I am a sponsor for mental health" promo.

Ugh, that was so bad. What made the whole thing worse is that the writing for Sonny totally undercuts his bipolar diagnosis.

Watching LC and DA shuffle around the hospital was kind of sad, tbh. I know LC has had some hip issues and age isn't kind to everyone, but I wish a bit more consideration had been shown to them.

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

stop making Scotty such a moron. He wasn’t like that at all in the 70’s. 

He wasn't the doofus he is now, but he was always a hothead.

I always laugh when anyone on a soap talks about working hard, because the last thing we see is people actually working, LOL.

I feel sorry for the person who had to clean up all that glitter. It's such a hassle to get it all.

I miss Laura Wright's bob. She looked great with it.

John J. York just gets better looking as the years go on. Rowr. I love that they've kept Mac's amazement at loving fatherhood so consistent. He's been the best parent on the show for a long time.

• Love 3