Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I meant when Patrick was still on the show and they had her go back and forth with the lame excuse of ~curing Jason.

Ah, I see what you're saying.  My bad!

5 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Will FV ever cast some DOCTORS for this show?  Monica and an infectious disease doctor are the only regular

You also have OB Kim and never seen trauma doc Lucas (who?)

• Love 2

I tend to hate television characters (and, actually, people in real life) who talk about how "strong" they are, and Nina is approaching Carly levels. And Carly at least has done more to earn it. What has Nina overcome? She was in a coma until a few years ago, and ever since she woke up, people have been giving her stuff. The coma was sad, but while she was snoozing away most of her adult life, Liz was dealing with a rape, her boyfriend's "death" in a fire, numerous kidnappings, a stroke, two miscarriages, blindness, her best friend's brutal murder, three marriages and divorces, an epic verbal assault from the love of her life, a breakdown, targeting by Helena Cassadine, all the drama connected with Jake...that's not even a complete list. Despite it all, she's managed to distinguish herself as a nurse while raising three boyzzz who are all sweethearts as soap kids go. Willow we don't know as much about, but she seems resilient too. She escaped a cult, at least. So Nina can have a seat with her "helpless women, unlike me" smugness. 

If it weren't for Stafford's real-life beliefs, I'd wonder if this were heading in the direction of Nina getting involved with Dawn of Day when she finds out about Valentin's deception and is reeling from it. That would keep the Nina/Willow antagonism going and make it about more than Charlotte. "She's lying! Shiloh explained everything to me. He kicked her out of DoD because she wasn't devoted enough to cleaning the planet. Don't listen to her entheta. Read this book instead."  

Is Thursday's show the first time, re: Aiden, that anyone has said "gender identity"? In an earlier meeting with Liz, months ago, Willow said she thought he was beginning to discover "his identity," but I don't remember the g-word getting into it. I thought they had settled on a direction of gay, rather than trans, with this. That was what Liz and Franco talked about in their discussions; that was the subject in the scene with Liz, Brad and Lucas, and the other kids' taunts were "Gayden," rather than, you know, "Adrienne" or whatever they would call him to make him a girl.  

The biggest laugh in the episode was when Carly asked Jason if Sonny were aware that Dante has been having psychological problems since he got back. I can imagine how that would go. He'd assume it was bipolar disorder, and he'd talk about how terrible it was when Morgan started showing signs of the same illness ("That beautiful, happy kid who used to bring me fistfuls of dandelions...now he was going to that Dark Place"), and how he didn't know if he could go through it again with another son. Then Jason or Carly would clarify that it was PTSD, not bipolar, and he'd start talking about Deke.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4

Surprised no one mentioned Jason telling Carly that Shiloh is now afraid of Jason. Um, not so much actually. Now that Sam said he’d be dead if Jason wanted to kill him, Shiloh willl simply keep baiting him and next time he’ll press charges. Of course Jason will make bail or Diane will get him off, but the man is delusional if he thinks Shiloh is the least bit frightened.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She's never felt like Lulu to me. The writing really dumbed down the character (not ER's fault, of course), and even with understandable changes due to a new actor and wanting to tailor the character to her, I think the essence of Lulu has been lost. It's like when GV was Larry instead of Lucky. 

Excellent comparison. In both cases - ER's Lulu and GV's Lucky, the essence of the character was lost.  Different writing, different personalities, different acting styles. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ah, I see what you're saying.  My bad!

You also have OB Kim and never seen trauma doc Lucas (who?)

It is odd that Lucas is never shown and Brad is. I guess Brad is the more interesting character and did of sort switch the babies so I can see him getting more screen time. I always forget they are married because they aren't together too much. Ryan Carnes is soap pretty and can act but FV doesn't seem to like him or the character of Lucas too much.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I tend to hate television characters (and, actually, people in real life) who talk about how "strong" they are, and Nina is approaching Carly levels. And Carly at least has done more to earn it. What has Nina overcome? She was in a coma until a few years ago, and ever since she woke up, people have been giving her stuff. The coma was sad, but while she was snoozing away most of her adult life, Liz was dealing with a rape, her boyfriend's "death" in a fire, numerous kidnappings, a stroke, two miscarriages, blindness, her best friend's brutal murder, three marriages and divorces, an epic verbal assault from the love of her life, a breakdown, targeting by Helena Cassadine, all the drama connected with Jake...that's not even a complete list. Despite it all, she's managed to distinguish herself as a nurse while raising three boyzzz who are all sweethearts as soap kids go.

I actually think having years 25-40ish of your life taken from you is much, much worse. 

I've gone back and forth on Nina over the years, but I actually really loved the Medea-like rage she had in her first months, because you don't often see women that relentlessly angry on TV and in her case (having miscarried a much-wanted baby and lost fifteen years because of her own mother) it felt totally earned.  And she really has built a life and career since then. 

(when it comes to the weird entitlement stuff with Charlotte, though, she can sit right down.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Is Thursday's show the first time, re: Aiden, that anyone has said "gender identity"? In an earlier meeting with Liz, months ago, Willow said she thought he was beginning to discover "his identity," but I don't remember the g-word getting into it. I thought they had settled on a direction of gay, rather than trans, with this. That was what Liz and Franco talked about in their discussions; that was the subject in the scene with Liz, Brad and Lucas, and the other kids' taunts were "Gayden," rather than, you know, "Adrienne" or whatever they would call him to make him a girl.  

I'm just assuming these moronic writers don't understand the difference between identity ave sexuality. I'm still hoping they get their act together and turn this into a storyline about gender stereotypes. Liz, Franco, and whoever else can discover that Aiden is a little boy who happens to enjoy baking - nothing more - and that everyone was just being an ignorant ass in their assumptions. Bonus points is it's Willow who educates them all on their assumptions.

24 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It is odd that Lucas is never shown and Brad is. I guess Brad is the more interesting character and did of sort switch the babies so I can see him getting more screen time. I always forget they are married because they aren't together too much. Ryan Carnes is soap pretty and can act but FV doesn't seem to like him or the character of Lucas too much.

But if they want me to give a crap about Lucas when all of this hits the fan, I need to see him bonding with Wiley. As is, it feels like he is never around his son to develop a relationship.

So Carly said something about how Sam thinks she is scamming Shiloh but that she is too dumb to see she is the one actually getting scammed by him. Heaven help me, I'm genuinely curious who the writers are going to have be right here: Carly or Sam? I find myself actually hoping it's Carly.

And now I need to go shower in bleach because I feel dirty voicing that opinion.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, dubbel zout said:

Are Anna and LWB/FS outside Anna's house? Does Peter just drop by unannounced to harangue Anna about giving him up (WHICH WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO) and make her miserable? Ugh. This story is going nowhere way too slowly.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'm convinced Burton has some sort of rider in his contract that limits how many words he has to say each episode (or some average of episodes) and what words he says, since Jason rarely says anything new.

Re the first quote (quote boxes have merged, so I can't split and respond under it):

How old is Heinrik, 12? And why is it that except for the good years on this show, and others, adoption is seen and treated like an EVUHL thing? I was hoping when I read comments about Alex on this show, that he was actually HER spawn, and not Anna's. That Anna had been brainwashed to think she'd spawned this whiny man-boy.

Does he have some blackmail material against Frank? Because I seem to recall, when Jason was shot and "killed" and the show brought back AJ, it was because talks about...money? broke down? Or was that Carvi-what'shisface that told Burton to metaphorically fuck off, and he "killed" Jason? I know I'm wearing the Hypocrite Hat, because I don't like the actor or the character, EXCEPT when he's in scenes with Kimberly McCullough. I call it the Kimberly Effect.😝 I mean, he only ever really lit up and looked engaged whenever he's in scenes with her. Even the last scene I saw of them, where both Jason and Robin were trash talking the Sam and Patrick short relationship. I laughed my ass off when Jason said he'd pay for dinner if they agreed never to talk about it again. Just the delivery. He wasn't 'roid, or Borg or wooden. KnowwhatImean?

On 3/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

This Aiden story is so unrealistic IMO. I don't believe a parent would not invite him to a birthday party because he's too effeminate. A lot of boys Aiden's age don't even like girls yet, so I don't buy that a parent would construe Aiden being gay just because he loves to bake.

By this logic, then all boys who grow up to be men who become chefs or bakers, MUST.BE.GAY. 😒Never change, FAKAKTA GH!🙄

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She's never felt like Lulu to me. The writing really dumbed down the character (not ER's fault, of course), and even with understandable changes due to a new actor and wanting to tailor the character to her, I think the essence of Lulu has been lost. It's like when GV was Larry instead of Lucky. 

I've never liked Emme as Lulu. With her casting, she lost her edge and sharpness, and everything else that made her a Spencer. Just a live version of a BRATZ Doll. There, I said it.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Will FV ever cast some DOCTORS for this show?  Monica and an infectious disease doctor are the only regular medical staff on the show besides Liz who has been sacrificed for a serial killer/rapist character.

ETA:  Thanks @Perkie.  Forgot about Kim Nero (as my conscious tries to ignore the Oscar and Franco plots due to FV's galling insensitivity towards brain cancer and brain tumors).

Also Finn 🙂

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

It is odd that Lucas is never shown and Brad is.

I thought the actor who plays Lucas (Ryan C.?) was offered a contract and didn't want it?  Leaving "Brad" to do all the heavy lifting, because he's available and wants to work. 

35 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought the actor who plays Lucas (Ryan C.?) was offered a contract and didn't want it?  Leaving "Brad" to do all the heavy lifting, because he's available and wants to work. 

That may be true. I hadn't heard that. I know he does a lot of indie movies. Maybe, he doesn't want a contract.

Parry Shen is also recurring, I believe, so that's not the reason we see him more than Ryan Carnes. Right now Brad is the one with the story, though I agree with @BlancheDevoreaux that we should be seeing Lucas and Wiley bonding a lot more than we have. But the show hates writing stuff like that, for anyone. You'd think we'd get scene after scene of Jason bonding with his kids, but we've gotten nothing.

• Love 2

Another thought from yesterday....oscar told Cam that his coordination was off and he got dizzy when joss was tying his shoes, and then 30 seconds later he walked out of the hospital room like he was perfectly fine. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Another thought from yesterday....oscar told Cam that his coordination was off and he got dizzy when joss was tying his shoes, and then 30 seconds later he walked out of the hospital room like he was perfectly fine. 

That's the one thing this whole storyline has lost me. Oscar never looked sick. The actor is pale in general but they never made him look sicker or cut his hair. Now, he's Dead Man Walking right out of his room with his gang like he's going to the local pizza joint.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

like he's going to the local pizza joint.

Well, local bakery for sugar cookies, but yeah same thing 🧐

Edited by Sake614
25 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Well, local bakery for sugar cookies, but yeah same thing 🧐

or, in GH world, Kelly's or whatever that two table resturant the people of PC go to. It has a table and two chairs. So, one of the kids may have to stand.

20 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

JMB was a rock star. She had charisma with everyone. Loved her with Scott Clifton (still miss his Dillon). ER is a pale imitation of JMB's Lulu.

Yes! That was, I believe, the only time I rooted against a married couple. I loved that Lulu with that Dillon. Emme seemed like a perfectly lovely person, but she just doesn't have the fire and spirit the JMB had as Lulu. I can't buy this girl as Luke and Laura's daughter or even Lucky's sister.

• Love 4

"Please do not lie to me. I'll be able to smell a lie from a mile away." Oh, Nina, you've seriously got the hubris to say that to VALENTIN of all people?? It's going to be delicious when life finally knocks her on her ass.

With Maxie seemingly waffling on her feelings for Peter and Dante instructing Lulu to live her life without him, I'm very afraid of a potential Lulu/Peter pairing. If they go there, I hope they wait a while, because Lulu should be raw from Dante leaving for some time to come. ER absolutely pales in comparison to JMB, but I thought she did well with her devastation today.

Can Carly just put an ad in The Invader and spare us these "I'm pregnant!" reveals? Lord help me if I have to see Spinelli find out.

Liz handing off the safe sex conversation with Cam to Franco and Franco choosing to immediately punt that ball down the field was hilarious. For once, that was Franco showing some good judgment. They should just let their support beam Drew handle that one, he knows what he's doing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Emme seemed like a perfectly lovely person, but she just doesn't have the fire and spirit the JMB had as Lulu. I can't buy this girl as Luke and Laura's daughter or even Lucky's sister.

Bingo.  I posted about this years ago too, when ER first assumed the role.   I have never taken to her as LuLu, or, as you said, Luke and Laura's daughter.   JMB looked so much like Laura at the time, and Emme is just this tiny slip of a thing, with absolutely no spunk.  If they wrote her out, it would probably be weeks before I even noticed.   It would be unbelievably fantastic if they could talk Julie into reprising her role, but that probably isn't in the cards.  A good second choice would be anybody - anybody at all - who could play the part like a true Spencer, and one who was not so waif-like.

10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I hate both Lulus equally.

Ditto. I especially could not stand her or Dillon after what they did to Georgie.

Speaking of Lulu. So on the one hand, I get why she doesn't want Dante to go. He just came back and she thinks they can overcome this with him getting therapy in PC.

On the other hand, girl, have you not seen your man's back? Why hasn't she asked him anything about that? Something clearly happened to him and I don't know if she was waiting for him to open up so she didn't ask him anything. But it seemed like the writers decided that Lulu should not get involved or ask him what he went through. 

I was waiting for her to bring it up since she saw what she saw.

The Maxie/Peter scenes were a snooze. And it seems Nina knows something is up, but just doesn't want to acknowledge it because she's Nina and she's an idiot.

In other news, Carly should do a sit down interview with Lulu, in case anyone missed the news of her pregnancy. 

• Love 3

I could never take Emme Rylan seriously as Lulu. She’s always making baby face when she says her lines. Add that with her looking like she’s 12 and you get an annoying character for me. JMB was full of fire and really looked like GF, too. That said, I liked Rylan when she was on GL. Lizzie Spaulding was a firecracker and Rylan did a great job in the role. I’m wondering who Lulu will end up with once Dante eventually leaves again. It looks like they were chem tasting her with Chase yesterday. You always need a love triangle and I guess they could try Lulu, Chase & Willow but that would be 3 nice & boring people. There’s no conflict there.   

53 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

You always need a love triangle and I guess they could try Lulu, Chase & Willow but that would be 3 nice & boring people. There’s no conflict there.   

They'll make it a quad with Michael, because there isn't enough bland.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

"Please do not lie to me. I'll be able to smell a lie from a mile away." Oh, Nina, you've seriously got the hubris to say that to VALENTIN of all people?? It's going to be delicious when life finally knocks her on her ass.

I have some sympathy for Nina, but not when she says stuff like this and crows about strong she is.

I see RoHo still has his Crispin Glover haircut. What is up with that?

I really think DZ's return was a mistake, especially because it was so limited and he's not going to return for good at a later date. (And I doubt the show will recast.) It's not fair to the viewers when a story isn't ended properly, and the Dante/Lulu story certainly hasn't been ended properly. The show just drags it out and it does no one any favors.

Kevin's remorse was pretty weak sauce, IMO. All of this was foreseeable: Ryan is a killer. I get Kevin wanting to think Ryan could change, but Kevin's ego got in the way.

Laura confiding in Carly was so, so wrong. Carly has no friends, of course, but Laura does. She should be talking to Felicia or Mac. Ugh.

Elizabeth's "Cameron, would you like to introduce me to your friend?" was such a mom moment.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hater said:

I liked the Lante scenes today and thought ER did a good job, so there's that.

I was so totally at a different table for this.  I thought the whole thing was awful.  Dante skirted around the issue instead of just coming right out and saying, "I was brainwashed to kill someone and I'm going to a specific clinic to get deprogramed".  Instead it's some skirting around the issue.  "im not the same man, i have to go find myself, i have to take care of it'.  WTF.  

Again, nothing against ER, but she's a terrible crier.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

On the other hand, girl, have you not seen your man's back?

THIS.  Why bother having her see it, if it was never mentioned, not the same day, or the day after or during the conversation about bad things happening to him.  Just awful writing.  

4 hours ago, Linny said:

Liz handing off the safe sex conversation with Cam to Franco They should just let their support beam Drew handle that one, he knows what he's doing.

Who do I have to pay to make this happen.  I mean, Drew, sitting on the couch, having this convo with a squirmy Cam would be fantastic.  

7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

he got dizzy when joss was tying his shoes, and then 30 seconds later he walked out of the hospital room like he was perfectly fine. 

Well, it wasn't all day dizzyness.  I'm sure it comes and goes and he has moments of feeling ok.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

See, I actually like ER ok as Lulu. I feel a warmth that I never got from JMB. For me JMB was more abrasive than "spunky" . JMO

JMB reminds me of Laura Wright in acting style and that's a major no no no from me.   

Both come off as abrasive. I don't think ER is the greatest but I don't have issues with Lulu because of ER.  Lulu's writing started getting really bad when JMB was still in the role.

• Love 8

Previews...LUCY AND KEVIN ARE BREATHING THE SAME OXYGEN!  Lucy is saying she's not gonna turn her back on Doc!  Kevin could look a little less annoyed, given Lucy's been helping him with Ryan-related issues since before AOL was invented! 

Oh, something about today?  Uhhh....

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I didn't like a lot of the things LuLu did (lying to Dillon so he would cheat on her with Georgie, aborting her baby against the father's wishes, being generally bratty), but I did prefer JMB's portrayal.  

I'm assuming since we don't think that Sasha is actually Nina's daughter that she will turn out to be. Or, at least she will turn out to be related somehow.

• Love 1

Why didn't Dante just tell Lulu I got in over my head, got brainwashed and now I keep dreaming of killing you. I have to get my mind right because I love you and the kids and don't want to hurt you. The, "I'm different now," was so dumb and Dante has always been pretty direct. The whole scene was deja vu from the first time he left and went on the mission that got us here. Lots of crying, no goodbyes to any other family, an unspecified future outcome. Dumb.

Dear God this show and their Jasus obsession. He even had to be the one to save Dante from his knife wielding trance. 

The scenes with Cam and Liz and her meeting Trina were cute. But RoHo's haircut is a travesty. Stop it.

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Perkie said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Liz handing off the safe sex conversation with Cam to Franco They should just let their support beam Drew handle that one, he knows what he's doing.

Who do I have to pay to make this happen.  I mean, Drew, sitting on the couch, having this convo with a squirmy Cam would be fantastic.  

This is the sort of conversation soaps used to have all the time. But it's more important for us to see Jason pin Shiloh to a wall and nearly choke him to death.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I see RoHo still has his Crispin Glover haircut. What is up with that?

As I was watching him today (for the sole purpose of deciding whether his hair was as awful today as it was before), I noticed that his hair was MUCH darker than his graying beard. So I'm guessing whatever was used to color his hair is creating that awful look. But, doesn't the show have makeup people who know how to fix that kind of thing? Heck, I imagine there are enough hair products in my bathroom alone that could improve what the audience has been subjected to.

And BTW, Frank and Roger, and anyone else involved in having RoHo and MB sport the grizzled look: When the whiskers are gray and the hair isn't, you don't look young and/or hip. Clean-shaven Jon Windstorm is older, but looks younger, than both of them.

Edited by rur
  • LOL 1

How the hell does this Dante mini-arc wrap up their storyline? If she didn't "move on" when he was off doing some undercover thing she didn't agree with, how would she feel right doing so when he was suffering from PTSD/brainwashing? (Not sure how much she'll be allowed to know about the brainwashing, but she's seen the literal scars.)

This is Frisco Jones all over again. With a possible drive-bye insemination, to boot.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is Emme Rylan pregnant again?  I can't see any other reason to bring back Dante for twelve hours unless it's to knock her up.

Isn't her uterus broken from the Cassadine freeze-fest?  Frosty, non-viable eggs, if I recall correctly.

Why was LW clutching that coat so tightly in front of her at the hospital?  Is she pregnant in RL?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1

They make a point of Lulu seeing Dante’s wounds/scars on his back and it’s never brought up? Then why show them?! I thought bringing back DZ would wrap up his storyline but he’s leaving GC all over again with an even dumber exit. They should have just killed him off. I wouldn’t have recasted him since he’s such a unique actor. So, either Lulu divorces him or goes celebate waiting for him to come back someday. I expected a little more out of the return. He had great scenes with Mike but was so evasive with Lulu. Who could blame her for being angry & upset.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Isn't her uterus broken from the Cassadine freeze-fest?  Frosty, non-viable eggs, if I recall correctly.

Why was LW clutching that coat so tightly in front of her at the hospital?  Is she pregnant in RL?

I saw that too with LW covering up her stomach like a lot of the actresses do when they have to cover their real life pregnancy. I was beginning to think she was really pregnant but she just posted on her Instagram that her & Wes are NOT PREGNANT. I agree it was odd to see her clutching that coat to cover her stomach. Was she covering up for Laura? Why would Laura care one way or the other of Carly was pregnant. 

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

They make a point of Lulu seeing Dante’s wounds/scars on his back and it’s never brought up? Then why show them?! I thought bringing back DZ would wrap up his storyline but he’s leaving GC all over again with an even dumber exit. 

I do not understand the point of this at all. I assumed Dante was returning in order to bring some finality to his relationship with Lulu, so her character could move forward in a new direction.

But instead, he’s leaving her in exactly the same place as before: in limbo, unhappily waiting for him to return.

And as a bonus, we get a handful of unresolved mysteries: What was the mission? Who was Dante supposed to kill? What did he go through that resulted in the scars? And biggest mystery of all, how could Lulu not ask about them??

Unless I’m wrong and there’s still story left to play (although that looked very much like an exit today), this whole exercise was a pointless waste of time.  But maybe that explains the depressed look DZ had in the on-set photos that were posted when he returned: He had just seen the script.

• Love 7

imo, it was a much more decent mini-arc (even though it tried to stuff way too much in) to watch than about 90% of the stuff that's aired in a while, so that in itself has a point.

Nothing on GH has a point nowadays; Franco and Liz just had a story for a month in which the whole point seemed to be to give them airtime. The show killed off the ingenue character they pushed for 5 years and it affected pretty much nothing. The whole show is in stall mode:

Alexis wonders why she's neurotic about men, year 23.

Ava screeches, for what feels like year 23.

Drew has displayed his well-muscled arms for a year by folding them across his chest.

Franco and Liz fret about the kids, interspersed with their yearly story about people unreasonably thinking the gentle Franco committed a crime.

Jason and Sam play the exposition duo.

Maxie and Peter have chatted for the past year.

Michael has also just popped up chatting for a year.

Carly and Sonny, motherfreaking Carly and Sonny, are freaking having a baby.

Nina and Valentin are replaying the same story they had just last year.

Jordan and Curtis are also exposition duo.

Anna is babbling about some off screen WSB mission from off screen 30  years ago for about three years now.

As fo Lulu staying celibate (although I don't think she necessarily will), well, Michael hasn't had sex for almost two years now, so it's not like it doesn't happen. They should have written her off; it's odd how GH insists on keeping actors even when the story direction makes sense for them to write them off. If they want to keep ER, they could create another role for her. Lulu's twin, clone, whatever, that could create a lot of story for Laura.

Is Emme Rylan pregnant again?  I can't see any other reason to bring back Dante for twelve hours unless it's to knock her up.

They may have just wanted to give him more scenes with more characters instead of the one episode send-off they had before.

Yes, but eh, soaps. But I doubt she'll be pregnant, since freaking Carly is freaking pregnant.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

I forgot to add the other big thing that was never brought up. Dante tossing the Buffett table over making a loud crashing sound and no mention from Dante, Lulu or the neighbors next door who obviously heard it. WTF? There was no mention of it being tossed or cleaned up. The return of Dante was an utter disaster. It was edited horribly and rushed. I’m simply confused by the whole thing. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

If they want to keep ER, they could create another role for her. Lulu's twin, clone, whatever, that could create a lot of story for Laura.

Plus, they could blame it on Helena and no one would blink.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

A day later and I'm still rolling my eyes at Carly telling yet another person that she's pregnant--let alone Laura, who I'd classify as a barely acquaintance.  Why not just go on Access Port Charles and broadcast it, with the ending sentence being "but we're not telling everyone yet."  Also, WTF with her asking Jordan for information on an ongoing police investigation and Jordan GIVING IT TO HER?  Good god, the last thing that woman needs is affirmation that being a buttinsky is OK.

In conclusion, shut up, Carly. 

• Love 10

There was an aborted mention of the table toss when Lulu found the scars, she came in the room saying she was right, that Rocco had slept through it and cut herself off because Dante was sleeping.

I HATED those Dante/Lulu scenes yesterday.  They were completely stupid.  Dante never came out and said anything, they just wandered around the subject and for all she really knows, he's going back to work with the WSB to get his head on straight.  No mention of there being a place that is good at dealing with what's wrong with him, just "proper channels" which in itself is a ridiculous thing to say.  Its a clinic, not a fucking safe house.  

I'm glad that Maxie and Peter just straight up came out with it about the DNA test, regardless of the results.  I agree with her reasoning that just getting the truth out there is always better in the long run, and her example of fucking over Dante and Lulu. 

I would be tickled as shit if Sasha turned out to be Nina's daughter after all.  I always had the impression that it could be possible, that maybe Valentine went to Sasha after Curtis talked to her and offered her money to do the test after all, with the understanding that he would fix the results. 

That would be a good story, Sasha trying to scam the person who really turns out to be her mother after all, so it wont happen.  She is already feeling guilty about it, and doesn't want to get involved with Micheal, who she likes, because she doesn't want to hurt someone else with this bullshit.  

Other stuff.  Hate Franco's hair.  Like that he was all "no, ma'am" to the "talk" with Cam.  Kevin is a dumbass and Carly gave Laura actual good advice which annoys the shit out of me.  Although Laura shouldn't have needed that advice since it's basically the same thing she told Liz about Franco some time ago.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

They make a point of Lulu seeing Dante’s wounds/scars on his back and it’s never brought up? Then why show them?! I thought bringing back DZ would wrap up his storyline but he’s leaving GC all over again with an even dumber exit. They should have just killed him off. I wouldn’t have recasted him since he’s such a unique actor. So, either Lulu divorces him or goes celebate waiting for him to come back someday. I expected a little more out of the return. He had great scenes with Mike but was so evasive with Lulu. Who could blame her for being angry & upset.

GH has destroyed another character because they refuse to recast them.  Is there any other soap in which "heroes" abandon their children and spouses?  Frisco, Felicia, Anna, Robert, Dante, Luke, Lucky.  Am I forgetting anyone?

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

GH has destroyed another character because they refuse to recast them.  Is there any other soap in which "heroes" abandon their children and spouses?  Frisco, Felicia, Anna, Robert, Dante, Luke, Lucky.  Am I forgetting anyone?

You know. You make a good point. At least, they’ve recasted Lucky a few times. In fact, they should do it again to upset the Apple cart which is Franco & Elizabeth.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ouinason said:

Dante never came out and said anything, they just wandered around the subject and for all she really knows, he's going back to work with the WSB to get his head on straight. 

The writing was just awful.  He said more to Mike than he did to Lulu.  I truly don't understand why they wrote it that way.  It's not like they were leaving themselves an out for any reason.  He's going to a clinic to be deprogramed.  It may take a week, it may take 6 years.  Why is that a secret to be kept from the wife?  

• Love 5