Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Are you serious? The PC police has gone way too far. Are adults soon going to be forced to invite everyone from their job to their birthday parties?

Kids need to understand from an early age that not everyone is going to like you or invite you places. That's life.

I don't know. I don't have kids. It's just what I've heard from others.

4 hours ago, Bawoman said:

Sam was just generally awful today, between using her kids to get Jason off, yelling at Kristina for telling the truth about Jason's line of work, and the smugging it up in the end.....Kemo is so zombied out and lifeless so that doesn't help either.

Awful.  And I can't even enjoy Kristina's turnaround about Jason, given she's supposed to be brainwashed by THE EVUL SHILOH.  I'm sure when Sam and Jason inevitably rescue her she'll prostrate herself in front of Jason begging his forgiven for ever utterly THE TRUTH about him. 

• Love 4

What was up with Dante thanking Curtis for “looking after Lulu” while he was gone? First of all, DimwitReporter is a grown woman and doesn’t need a babysitter. And second, thanks for what, exactly? She got attacked and nearly killed by a serial killer while under his “watch”. 

Does Dante even know that Franco wasn’t the attacker yet? I keep waiting for him to seek revenge.

9 hours ago, Perkie said:

Okay, raise your hands, who else thought Willow was either going to take off with Wylie right then and there

Hand raised. I was sure she was about to take off in a sprint, which would have been hilariousI got visions of Brad chasing Willow, Chase running after Brad, Shiloh running after Chase, all in a line, Benny Hill-style. 

I think RoHo went to Judge Judy’s new hairstylist. 

• LOL 5

What was up with Dante thanking Curtis for “looking after Lulu” while he was gone

Laura hired Curtis as Lulu's bodyguard after she was stabbed.  Dante was just acknowledging that.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

She got attacked and nearly killed by a serial killer while under his “watch”. 

She wasn't under Curtis' watch before the attack, only after.  She was, however, supposedly under Sonny's watch before the attack.  But he's incompetent and only had guards on her at home and not at work.....where she was attacked.  If I were Dante, I'd be pissed at Sonny about that.  But apparently, Dante can no longer be pissed at Sonny about anything, including getting shot in the chest (which was played for chuckles in Turkey)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Does Dante even know that Franco wasn’t the attacker yet?

A LOT of things are discovered in offscreen GH land.  Sonny was updated on Ryan's attack on Carly when he returned and he didn't know Ryan existed when he was in Turkey, so conversations were had.  

22 hours ago, BlueMax said:

So Lulu didn't see Dante's back scars the first night he returned and they made love?  But instead saw them for the first time when she came into the bedroom while he was sleeping. 

The first time they showed us the scars, they seemed very red, raw and raised, like they would have been done recently.  It was meant for us to go 'holy cow, look at that'.  But at the same time, it makes it very hard to believe/understand that she didn't feel them  when she was touching them. 

The second time they showed them, they were paler (more pale?!) and not raised, more in line with the skin, like old scars.    Which would make sense that she didn't feel them and only saw them when she was faced with them.  

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

The first time they showed us the scars, they seemed very red, raw and raised, like they would have been done recently.  It was meant for us to go 'holy cow, look at that'.  But at the same time, it makes it very hard to believe/understand that she didn't feel them  when she was touching them. 

It's Lulu. If her girl reporter schtick is anything to go by, then her not noticing there was something off with her husband's back is on par.

• LOL 4

What the hell did Jordan look so smug about at the end of yesterday's show?  

Also, I was surprised that Sam used Jake instead of shoehorning Scout into her little "the poor children, losing time with their father" speech, mostly because it's hilarious to think that Jake would give half a shit.  

13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm sure when Sam and Jason inevitably rescue her she'll prostrate herself in front of Jason begging his forgiven for ever utterly THE TRUTH about him. 

Of course Kristina will. The entire town will be lining up to thank Jason for ridding Port Charles of the scourge that is Shiloh. It's so aggravating.

3 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Briana Nicole Henry has more than a smidge of Resting Smug Face.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I was surprised that Sam used Jake instead of shoehorning Scout into her little "the poor children, losing time with their father" speech, mostly because it's hilarious to think that Jake would give half a shit.  

At this point, does Jake even remember who his dad is?  What a joke for her to claim how protective Jason is when he literally hasn't seen Jake in months, let alone cared about anything that's going on in his life.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Am I the only one who thought that Aiden wasn't invited to the party because of his (former) serial killer step daddy? 

It might be, but they don't know that.  I got the impression from the Friz dialogue that they would understand if that was the case.  Not to mention that Bianca has apparently been close with Aiden for years, and as long as Franco has been living there, but there has never been an issue before.

And as for Jason, he seems remarkably unbothered by Jake living with Friz, and having nearly no contact with him, so he must be over all that anger and rage at Franco now that Sam is no longer threatened.  Whatever.

Edited by ouinason
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Does Dante even know that Franco wasn’t the attacker yet? I keep waiting for him to seek revenge.

Yes, Lulu had a line about Ryan when she and Dante were in bed the night he came home.  So he was told off-screen at some point. I'm not expecting Dante to be ready for revenge because there's no confirmation right now that Ryan survived/is alive and an active threat. If the show wanted to make things interesting, Ryan would turn up alive and Dante and Ava would both plays parts in making Ryan most sincerely dead. So, that won't happen.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

If the show wanted to make things interesting, Ryan would turn up alive and Dante and Ava would both plays parts in making Ryan most sincerely dead. So, that won't happen.

I'd rather Dante not be involved in bringing down Ryan, if only because Lulu should be the one to do that. She was the one directly affected. Dante being in Port Charles most likely wouldn't have changed her getting stabbed. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Also, I was surprised that Sam used Jake instead of shoehorning Scout into her little "the poor children, losing time with their father" speech, mostly because it's hilarious to think that Jake would give half a shit.  

Right? At this point, Drew, Franco, and even Lucky are more father-figures to Jake than Jason.

• Love 5

Really, we're going to send Dante away for deprogramming without even understanding the impetus for the brainwashing? How disappointing. At least this arc allowed us to see DZ act circles around almost everyone else. 

Nina ain't wrong for being pissed at the unprofessional way Willow treated her and being unwilling to start over, but at the same time...shut up, Nina. Even when she's right, she's unbearably cocky. I need the Sasha reveal to happen and SOON to let some of that wind out of her sails.

Drew and Monica were wonderful, as always. How kind of Monica to offer her home and its amenities to make Oscar comfortable in his final days. Plus being at the Q mansion means there's a 100% guarantee that Oscar can spend time with his sister before he dies, which doesn't seem to be a priority on anybody else's mind, ahem, SAM.

• Love 7

When Carly started in about how great Sonny is because he could bring Dante back when the WSB couldn't I wanted to slap her. Again. It's called "undercover" for a reason, Carly.

There aren't enough eyerolls for Jason being there to save everyone when Dante was triggered. Of course his solution for Kristina's cult issues is to threaten to kill Shiloh. My only hope is that one day Jason is so stupid he forgets to breathe and dies.

Carly, if Shiloh managed to get into Danny's head in the two minutes Sam was in the washroom, all he would have found is pictures of Annabelle and dead air.

When Lulu said "I believe that Charlotte is every bit as intelligent as her father is", I thought, because condemning her to be as intelligent as her mother is would be too cruel. I don't like Valentin in the slightest but he's right that Charlotte should be in a program that teaches her at her ability rather than forcing her to stay in a class where she's so bored she's making trouble. 8 is not too young and it pains me that Valentin is the good parent here. Nina, on the other hand, is still a bitch. I don't get why Valentin is so desperate to have her.

Monica to Drew: "You're not okay. You wouldn't be human if you were okay. ". That's how Monica can tell Drew from Jason even if they didn't look different.  (I called it on Monica having Oscar move in.)

Hey, @GHScorpiosRule, RF!S continues to be totally awesome. To Finn "Man, you really are an idiot, aren't you?"

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hey, @GHScorpiosRule, RF!S continues to be totally awesome. To Finn "Man, you really are an idiot, aren't you?"

I must Google and find this on youtube! I swear, the BEST Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! moment in the past two years was him escaping wherever Valentin put him, charging across the stage at the Nurses Ball, and COLD COCKING Valentin. Made more awesume, cuz he was all scruffy looking! 😍ROWR!!!!😍

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Linny said:

At least this arc allowed us to see DZ act circles around almost everyone else. 

THIS.  And his scene with FH was all kinds of awesome.  

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Carly started in about how great Sonny is because he could bring Dante back when the WSB couldn't I wanted to slap her.

That was the writers trolling those of us who are gigantic Robert fans.  They paired up Robert/Sonny, which disgusted most of us, then had Robert basically do nothing, while Sonny played the saviour.  

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I must Google and find this on youtube!

It had to do with Robert telling Finn that Anna is emotionally damaged and will never ask for a commitment and that she'll probably try to push Finn away.  Finn thinks Robert is telling him to break up wtih Anna before she breaks up with Finn.  But Robert meant to tell her that he loves her and to grovel for her.  

• Love 3

When it comes out that Willow was once involved with the DOD cult, I bet Nina will have a field day raking Willow over the coals for that. Nina needs to shut up and remember that she was once loony toons and cut Ava's baby out of her womb and kidnapped her. Can someone remind me how Nina got away with that ? Did she spend all of one minute in Ferncliff and then was pronounced cured ? I also don't see what Valentin sees in her. She is so annoying and unbearable.

• Love 7

I was hoping Dante would stab Carly, but alas, Jason got to him first.

34 minutes ago, Linny said:

Really, we're going to send Dante away for deprogramming without even understanding the impetus for the brainwashing?

That's the trouble with bringing Dante back in the first place when the actor isn't going to stick around. How else could they send him away? Have him go undercover again? If recasting isn't an option, I can't really think of a satisfying way to account for Dante being offscreen. 

I liked that Dante reached out to Anna about being brainwashed. It was actually logical for a change, rather than Dante talking to Jason, say.

Kim and Drew talking to Monica was logical, too, even in a non-grandmother capacity. Who better to talk about losing a child than a woman who's lost so many?

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Carly started in about how great Sonny is because he could bring Dante back when the WSB couldn't I wanted to slap her. Again. It's called "undercover" for a reason, Carly.

I just laughed at that, because Dante was on his way back to Port Charles when Sonny blundered his way into things. Sonny saved no one except maybe that pickpocket kid, and even then, the kid getting mixed up with Raj was because of Sonny in the first place. Sonny truly ruins everything.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Kim and Drew talking to Monica was logical, too, even in a non-grandmother capacity. Who better to talk about losing a child than a woman who's lost all but one of hers?

She's also a doctor who has dealt with more death than Kim has so she'll have a better idea of the process of dying.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's the trouble with bringing Dante back in the first place when the actor isn't going to stick around. How else could they send him away? Have him go undercover again? If recasting isn't an option, I can't really think of a satisfying way to account for Dante being offscreen. 

I liked that Dante reached out to Anna about being brainwashed. It was actually logical for a change, rather than Dante talking to Jason, say.

I was thinking while I was watching his scenes yesterday w/ Max and then today w/ Finola that this was truly soapy -- they involved someone other than Sonny, they called upon the known history of some characters, and they were complicated enough that future possibilities were created. It's sad that we can't get that kind of writing more often. 

49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Carly, if Shiloh managed to get into Danny's head in the two minutes Sam was in the washroom, all he would have found is pictures of Annabelle and dead air.

And, uh, show, everyone who was watching saw that Sam didn't leave him "all alone with Shiloh"  even though Carly apparently wanted that to be so. Brad was standing right there, even if he was distracted, and Shiloh is too clever to try anything untoward with a witness 5 feet away. 

And finally, what the heck was up with the back of RF!S's hair? It looked like he'd slept on it wrong and hadn't combed it yet. Even if they're on a budget, someone must have noticed that. It's almost as if he were being filmed from the back today intentionally.

• Love 3
Just now, ciarra said:

So that's it for DZ?  Why did they bother?  Why don't they recast? 

So Lulu can still be married when she sleeps with whoever.

• Love 1

They could have easily written a regular break-up for Lulu and Dante. Why would they recast relatively quickly when they didn't do anything with them for two years? If anything DZ leaving has generated some story for her. And ER is a nice lady but not the greatest actress and it's not a big deal if she doesn't have major story.

Dante should have been brainwashed to make out with Anna, heh.

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Nina actually made me laugh today comparing Elizabeth and Wiilow to two porcelain dolls having a tea party.

Nina is one to talk about manipulating people. I just rolled my eyes at the rest of that rant. (The quoted comment was pretty funny, though; those two actresses have amazing skin!)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Benji said:

When it comes out that Willow was once involved with the DOD cult, I bet Nina will have a field day raking Willow over the coals for that. Nina needs to shut up and remember that she was once loony toons and cut Ava's baby out of her womb and kidnapped her. Can someone remind me how Nina got away with that ? Did she spend all of one minute in Ferncliff and then was pronounced cured ? I also don't see what Valentin sees in her. She is so annoying and unbearable.

The assholes on this show have no self-awareness. Even if someone took the time to remind Nina of the things she did, she would turn around and scream about how she is being judged.

I can't wait for the truth about Sacha to blow up in her face.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

And ER is a nice lady but not the greatest actress and it's not a big deal if she doesn't have major story.

She's never felt like Lulu to me. The writing really dumbed down the character (not ER's fault, of course), and even with understandable changes due to a new actor and wanting to tailor the character to her, I think the essence of Lulu has been lost. It's like when GV was Larry instead of Lucky. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Otherwise known as the Robin Conundrum.  

Actually, I think it's more the Lucky Conundrum.  With Robin, she's living with her family in another state, as many people do.  She periodically visits to see her mother and while there, to see her friends.  Makes perfect sense.  

Lucky is somewhere in Africa working for who knows with no return visits to family or friends and no mention that he's in contact with anyone.  

Dante becomes a similar problem, unless Lulu and the kids were to move with him to wherever, because unless they truly break up, where is he and why isn't he here.   I adore DZ but he's had crap writing for the past few years and never had the same connection with Lulu since the switch.  For that reason, I'd be ok with a recast.  

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think the essence of Lulu has been lost. It's like when GV was Larry instead of Lucky. 

This.  ER seems like a lovely girl, but she's never been Lulu to me.  It doesn't help that I search out early Dante/Lulu (around the time he was shot) when DZ and JMB were on fire and it just doesn't compare.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe they're hoping DZ will drop in occasionally when he's between whatever other projects he's working on.

He is so much better then this show, it was so glaring in his scene with SB, ER is ok with him, today only FH matched him.  I miss him on this show but I am really hoping he gets something big he deserves and he doesn't have to come back.

I guess this show is not allowing ER to have any PTSD after what she went through. or will she totally break down once Dante is gone? Actually wont be surprised if Dante tells Lulu he was brainwashed and she'll be like " What is that , how can that happen" sort of like how everyone is so shocked when someone returns from the dead, although just about every resident of PC has, some more then once.

The Monica/Drew scenes were really nice. I just really enjoy them together. 

And to join the chorus of praise for DZ. Yes, he had been really great and he should have been given a storyline while he was under contract, something FV seemed allergic to. 

Even Valerie. The actress has had a handful of scenes on YR, but she is actually talented (and gorgeous) and she had to sit on the sidelines for however long she was on GH. It sucks that the show loses talent because they keep giving the same people the storylines.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Really, we're going to send Dante away for deprogramming without even understanding the impetus for the brainwashing? How disappointing. At least this arc allowed us to see DZ act circles around almost everyone else. 

Nina ain't wrong for being pissed at the unprofessional way Willow treated her and being unwilling to start over, but at the same time...shut up, Nina. Even when she's right, she's unbearably cocky. I need the Sasha reveal to happen and SOON to let some of that wind out of her sails.

To the first paragraph: it is painfully obvious that DZ is a better actor than most on this show and just leaves you wondering why on earth he wasn't better utilized.

To the second paragraph: I hate Nina. She is up there with Carson and Jasam for me. But, I wouldn't mind a bit if Valentine was the one to put an end to DOD and Shiloh as a way to get back in Nina's good graces once the fake baby crap all comes out. Him being the hero instead of Jason is good in my book.

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I must Google and find this on youtube! I swear, the BEST Robert!Fucking!Scorpio! moment in the past two years was him escaping wherever Valentin put him, charging across the stage at the Nurses Ball, and COLD COCKING Valentin. Made more awesume, cuz he was all scruffy looking! 😍ROWR!!!!😍

I still watch clips of that on YouTube. It was great.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Actually, I think it's more the Lucky Conundrum.  With Robin, she's living with her family in another state, as many people do.  She periodically visits to see her mother and while there, to see her friends.  Makes perfect sense.  

I meant when Patrick was still on the show and they had her go back and forth with the lame excuse of ~curing Jason.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Monica/Drew scenes were really nice. I just really enjoy them together. 

And to join the chorus of praise for DZ. Yes, he had been really great and he should have been given a storyline while he was under contract, something FV seemed allergic to. 

Even Valerie. The actress has had a handful of scenes on YR, but she is actually talented (and gorgeous) and she had to sit on the sidelines for however long she was on GH. It sucks that the show loses talent because they keep giving the same people the storylines.

I think billy was just ok today probably bored of saying the same crap over and over again but yes his best chemistry has often been with Monica. I even like him a lot with his ex mother in law. He plays son well too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Another classic Carly line: "Sorry Sonny and I weren't at the party." No one was looking for them.

LOL, for sure.  Given Dante had just left Sonny--who was sitting in his living room like he had NOTHING TO DO--I'm going to assume they weren't invited.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The Carly/Jason scenes were beyond obnoxious today.   They're both horrible people and every word out of their mouths is disgusting and/or hypocritical.

• Love 7

Could someone please enlighten me as to what expression KM is going for during the extra-seconds that the camera focuses on Sam at the end of the Shiloh scenes?

Does FV think that Sonny and Jason showing rage is appealing?  The writing is convoluted enough trying to demonstrate what an awesome dad Sonny is but cannot help but fail because his chosen profession is to engage in violent and illegal behavior.  There are never any consequences for Sonny and Jason's thuggish behavior.  How about suspending Jason's concealed gun permit for leaving parts of a guy's brain on a wall?  😡☢️🚫🚽🛑👎🖤

Will FV ever cast some DOCTORS for this show?  Monica and an infectious disease doctor are the only regular medical staff on the show besides Liz who has been sacrificed for a serial killer/rapist character.

ETA:  Thanks @Perkie.  Forgot about Kim Nero (as my conscious tries to ignore the Oscar and Franco plots due to FV's galling insensitivity towards brain cancer and brain tumors).

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny and watching 4 episodes in one sitting
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Could someone please enlighten me as to what expression KM is going for during the extra-seconds that the camera focuses on Sam at the end of the Shiloh scenes?

Smug because jason got the gun back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1