Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Griffin's half-assed departure is a fitting ending for a largely shitty and forgettable character, but I didn't totally hate it. I liked that Ava was able to have the clarity to stop Griffin from hurting Kevin. No matter the pain Griffin caused Ava during their relationship, he undeniably helped get her through one of the worst periods of her life and changed the way she thought and behaved going forward. Ava paying that back by preventing Griffin from engaging in his worst impulses was a nice bit of finality between the characters.

I had completely spaced on the fact that Griffin and Lucas knew each other from med school. The show really took advantage of that connection, huh? I don't want to complain about seeing Lucas, but honestly, it should have been Liz in that scene given her and Griffin's established on-screen friendship.

I got zero fucks to give about the conglomeration of Willow/Shiloh, JaSam, and Brad/Julian/Wiley. There's too many components and the new revelation about Willow and Shiloh and their baby adds nothing, since that baby's dead. I can't believe Wiley's closing in on a year old and we're still so far removed from the truth of his parentage coming to light.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Linny said:

I can't believe Wiley's closing in on a year old and we're still so far removed from the truth of his parentage coming to light.

And remember we had that weird beat where Dr. O accidentally let something slip, Carly and Jason were all, "Hmmm" about it, and then nothing.

37 minutes ago, Linny said:

I had completely spaced on the fact that Griffin and Lucas knew each other from med school. The show really took advantage of that connection, huh? I don't want to complain about seeing Lucas, but honestly, it should have been Liz in that scene given her and Griffin's established on-screen friendship.

I didn't see today, but that is freakin' weak, using Lucas as a prop to usher Griffin in and usher Griffin out, but doing zero with them in between.  Did they talk about the fact that Griffin's bewuved Kiki was Lucas' cousin?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Griffin didn't phase me one way or the other but I'm so relieved that we didn't get the implied Fight Club story. At some point it would've involved Sonny, jock extraordinaire, no thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Upon further review, Sam is so not a mother.  She treats Danny like an object.  

I liked the Lante stuff but something was missing. They were just given too little I think in an episode where there is so much other stupid nonsense going on like Danny at Kelly's.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know Lulu is self-absorbed, but she would have felt those GIANT SCARS on Dante's back.

Poor Dante.  😞 I'm afraid this storyline is going to go down with Dante being put down like a mad dog. 

Griffin should have been pushed off the roof by Ryan and have it appear like suicide.  I don't know why they gave him this lame ending.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5

Griffin was an ill conceived character. Matt Cohen was good looking enough and a good actor but Griffin was DOA.  They never knew what to do with him. He’s a priest! He’s a doctor! He’s not a priest! He’s not a doctor! Oddly enough, I liked his friendships with Anna & Elizabeth. It was in the romance department with Carly & Kiki where he didn’t measure up. He got a pretty good sendoff but it was out of the blue since he gave little notice. I would like to have seen more of him and Anna on his last day then with Ava. Oh well. I guess they’ll be using the money for IR return. I’ve always liked IR and I’m looking forward to see what Jax is up to. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Hater said:

I see Danny still hasn’t learned how to act. All in the family I guess.

That is too funny. Yeah, the kid playing Danny is awful. I hate to pick on a kid but he’s not very good. Also, I totally forgot about Margaux until today. Out of sight & Outta mind. I was beginning to this she had gone off contract or something. Personally, I’d rather have Rebecca Budig back and can Elizabeth Hendrickson. 

1 minute ago, bannana said:

Did Griffin have a romance with Carly?

Oooops! I meant Ava. I still think of her as Carly from ATWT. Some habits just never die. LOL!!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Same here. He hasn’t been properly utilized in awhile. And now I can finally stop confusing Matt Cohen/Griffin with Josh Swickard/Chase.

OMG! I did that too--must be the dueling  5 o'clock shadows!

• LOL 2

I am so pissed that Griffin's last scene and goodbye was to CarSon and not Anna or Liz.  

Is it just me or did Ava seem completely sober in the early scene with Griffin and Kevin, but once she was alone with Kevin, then later with Julian, came across as falling down drunk.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3

There are some things really working for me right now.  I actually really loved the whole Collins/Chambers storyline.  I enjoyed the heck out of it for the most part.  I have to say that I feel they are moving towards Kevin and Ava actually falling for each other.  I am surprisingly not against this.  Of course he still loves Laura.  I like all three actors involved and I am up for this.

I absolutely love Chase and Willow they are a fresh adorable couple.  Young love.  Honesty.  I am really enjoying it.

Any scene with Cam, boy they hit it out of the park with that casting.

I continue to be so sick of Jason, Sonny, and Carly.  What really saddens me is that I used to love Kemo, but the old Kemo is gone.  

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I am so pissed that Griffin's last scene and goodbye was to CarSon and not Anna or Liz.  

Of course--I'm surprised his last words weren't "you both made my time in Port Charles meaningful and happy and I love you both."  Because, of course.

That Danny actor, man.  He makes old Jake look like Lawrence Olivier.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, CeChase said:

What really saddens me is that I used to love Kemo, but the old Kemo is gone.  

This.  She was never some booming actress on screen, but her acting and character are just sad right now. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That is too funny. Yeah, the kid playing Danny is awful. I hate to pick on a kid but he’s not very good. Also, I totally forgot about Margaux until today. Out of sight & Outta mind. I was beginning to this she had gone off contract or something. Personally, I’d rather have Rebecca Budig back and can Elizabeth Hendrickson. 

Oooops! I meant Ava. I still think of her as Carly from ATWT. Some habits just never die. LOL!!!! 

She has actually never been on contract at GH. Recurring this whole time, and they've been seeing where things went. 

I really like Elizabeth Hendrickson as an actress, but the writing for her has been kind of non-committal. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That Danny actor, man.  He makes old Jake look like Lawrence Olivier.

IKR? Unless I am imagining, there were some brother scenes with current Danny and old Jake, and it was freaking painful.

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Is it just me or did Ava seem completely sober in the early scene with Griffin and Kevin, but once she was alone with Kevin, then later with Julian, came across as falling down drunk.  

I guess being drunk is Ava's default mode right now, but it wasn't just you.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

IKR? Unless I am imagining, there were some brother scenes with current Danny and old Jake, and it was freaking painful.

Danny played  by TK debuted in May 2016, old Jake was already off the show.

Danny still has not improved since he first showed up. In fact, he has gotten worse. He has no acting chemistry with either of his pretend parents, and Jason and Sam have no parental care or emotion for their child. At least Billy fits the role of playing dad so it wasn't as bad when he first came on.

TK Weaver's stage mom is too busy pretending to be her son on twitter instead of getting him some classes.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Hater said:
2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Danny played  by TK debuted in May 2016, old Jake was already off the show

Old Jake came back from the dead then was switched with current Jake.  I think that's what Auntie Velvet meant when she said old Jake.  

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Old Jake was James Nigbor, whom we also called SerialKiller!Jake for his unnerving facial expressions.

Which, oddly enough, fit in quite well with the story when Jake was supposed to be traumatized from Cassadine Island and manufacturing drama to get his mother and Jake Doe/Jason back together and get Sam out of the picture. Even though I'm still not sure that's what that storyline was going for.

• Love 2

I’ve always liked DZ. He has the anti soap hunk look. Unfortunately, he’s always in MB orbit which I hate & ER who looks 12. I’m glad he’s back for a visit & he has a good storyline. I would be happy if he won the Emmy but I think Max Gail will take it home. 

• Love 6
On 3/22/2019 at 2:19 PM, dubbel zout said:

To be fair, Carly just found out she's pregnant, so it's still very early stages. It's super common to not tell too many people until the second trimester.

Ah, okay. Yes, I know most people do that-not telling until that far into the pregnancy. I guess I'm just bitter the show's writers will never stop treating the idea that there is going to be yet another Corinthii as a cause for celebration.

Did anyone here ever see that old Twilight Zone episode where Katherine Heigl went back in time as a nanny(she worked as some kind of government agent) and her mission was to kill baby Adolf Hitler ? And she actually ends up doing it even though she's tortured at the thought of killing a kid. She throws the baby off a bridge or something, I can't remember. Anyway, she wonders why she hasn't travelled back to the present since her "mission" is completed. She stays there because she has no other choice-she hasn't been brought back yet-and soon enough mama and papa Hitler announce Mrs is pregnant again and they say they'll name this baby "Adolf, of course". And then Katherine Heigl's shocked face, and it ends.

All that to say, that reminds me of the Corinthii. Even if someone were to finally take Sonny and Jason out-someone else would rise up and take their place. And I know the show doesn't care that one woman who watched this show off and on for decades, no longer watches because of that whole group. But sometimes I just gotta get it off my chest.  Of all the families to multiply, you pick THEM, show. It's really sad.

• Love 7
On 3/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, sacrebleu said:

and how the hell doesn't THAT set off any warning bells? "Hey Kristina, I think you're great, but if you want to be super special extra awesome friends, you have to tell me a secret about you, or someone you know, that WOULD FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGE HOW THAT PERSON IS VIEWED!"  

I'm pretty sure Kristina might be too stupid to live on her own.

Jim Jones got people to sign blank sheets of people so he could type in confessions to awful things on the paper later.  

On 3/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

Margaux has a point that Kevin is Ryan's accomplice. Kevin knew Ryan was a violent criminal who was likely to commit another crime.

There has to be a specific crime.  As usual the law in PC is strange.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:58 AM, bannana said:

Did Griffin have a romance with Carly?

Carly Tenney Snyder!

• Love 3

I don't mind if Kevin gets in some legal hot water for the Ryan mess.  I'm glad he's suffering consequences and everybody's not all, "Not your fault, Kev!".

I've said this before, but I'm convinced whatever's in Gail's will will (heh) be a MacGuffin to keep Kevin at the hospital, out of jail, whatever.

• Love 3

Kind of wasteful for props to have a map at the PD, emblazoned with "Ryan Chamberlain Manhunt" on it.  Yes, we get it.  The old mug shots of Mullet!Ryan were kind of unnecessary as well.

Can't wait for Nina to find out her enemy is actually her daughter. 

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Kim0820 said:

Margaux has a point that Kevin is Ryan's accomplice. Kevin knew Ryan was a violent criminal who was likely to commit another crime.

There has to be a specific crime.  As usual the law in PC is strange.

The murders of Lauren and Peyton, and the attempted murder of Lulu. 

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I've said this before, but I'm convinced whatever's in Gail's will will (heh) be a MacGuffin to keep Kevin at the hospital, out of jail, whatever.

Yeah, it will probably be some sort of program that Kevin has to head up.

But Kevin had him locked up in Ferncliff, not a room in home or a safe house of some kind. 

• Love 5
On 3/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, CeChase said:

I have to say that I feel they are moving towards Kevin and Ava actually falling for each other.  I am surprisingly not against this.  Of course he still loves Laura.  I like all three actors involved and I am up for this.

Me too. And like you, I got some definite Future Romance vibes from their scene together. The idea of Kevin and Ava bonding as co-pariahs while helping each other find self-forgiveness is very intriguing to me.  And when/if Ryan resurfaces, it could set up a great final confrontation that hopefully would have nothing to do with Jason.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Me too. And like you, I got some definite Future Romance vibes from their scene together. The idea of Kevin and Ava bonding as co-pariahs while helping each other find self-forgiveness is very intriguing to me.  And when/if Ryan resurfaces, it could set up a great final confrontation that hopefully would have nothing to do with Jason.

so many interesting story lines come up in this forum....and what do we get on the screen from professional writers...crap!

• Love 10

I'm curious to see who IR is paired up with. In theory, it should be Carly but she's pregnant and all. I would say Margaux but the camera people would hate having to shoot those two together. LOL!!! I guess I'll have to wait a month or two to find out. I'm glad Dante is home. He's a good guy. I miss him on the show.

BTW! I totally for to mention last week when Sonny was "hiding" behind Dante in his miliatary uniform and no one knew it was Sonny. WTF? You have 2 short guys and no one knew it was him. It was HYTSTERICAL!!!!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I totally for to mention last week when Sonny was "hiding" behind Dante in his miliatary uniform and no one knew it was Sonny. WTF? You have 2 short guys and no one knew it was him. It was HYTSTERICAL!!!!

It reminded me of the Frisco/Felicia era of this show, when a backwards baseball cap was a disguise.

• Love 3
On 3/22/2019 at 6:05 PM, Sake614 said:

I’d be perfectly content if the truth about Wiley’s identity never came to light. Michael doesn’t deserve that kid. He’s better off with brad and Lucas.

If these writers had any talent, the reveal could be extraordinary.  Michael finding out that the child he thought had died was being raised by his cousin should cause him to reflect on what his own biological father went through.  But the writers are terrible and so the denouement of this story will be too. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, norahs99 said:

If these writers had any talent, the reveal could be extraordinary.  Michael finding out that the child he thought had died was being raised by his cousin should cause him to reflect on what his own biological father went through.  But the writers are terrible and so the denouement of this story will be too. 

The recent scenes of Shiloh being introduced to Brad and "Wiley" and then Chase figuring out that Shiloh was Willow's baby daddy, have me speculating that Shiloh will find out/realize he fathered a child with her and that child is "Wiley." He'll try to seize the baby from L&B by claiming he never gave up his rights, and Brad (knowing that Shiloh is a cult leader) will blurt out that "Wiley" is not Shiloh's son - he's Michael's son.  Cue Carly starting a fight with Brad and/or Nelle for keeping the baby from Michael. I think she'll have a miscarriage as a result of either a fight about Michael's baby, or something to do with Mike's illness (e.g. she goes looking for him when he's missing and has a nasty fall, is driving around looking for him and gets into a car crash, etc.) I would like to see Bobbie lash out at Carly for being dismissive of Lucas in pain ... because that is what I expect from Carly. 

I will be shocked if GH doesn't set it up that Carly gets to be a "victim" by losing her baby because she's "doing the right thing" by fighting to get Michael's son or trying to take care of ill, elderly Mike.

• Love 3

Watching the Chase/Willow scenes today made me realize how far the Chase actor has come since his beginnings as Pinocchio’s understudy, and how far the Willow actress has to go. I still think she has potential, though. If she could just learn to keep her voice above Sam-level whispering, it would help a lot.

I think Shiloh actor is doing a good job, albeit in a dumb storyline, and has a lot of charisma. Too bad he’ll be gone when this wraps up.

Jason: NO TOUCHING! (tm George Bluth)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, Hater said:

I see Danny still hasn’t learned how to act. All in the family I guess.

I will add little Rocco to the Danny list.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:29 AM, ByaNose said:

Griffin was an ill conceived character. Matt Cohen was good looking enough and a good actor but Griffin was DOA.  They never knew what to do with him. He’s a priest! He’s a doctor! He’s not a priest! He’s not a doctor! Oddly enough, I liked his friendships with Anna & Elizabeth. It was in the romance department with Carly & Kiki where he didn’t measure up. He got a pretty good sendoff but it was out of the blue since he gave little notice. I would like to have seen more of him and Anna on his last day then with Ava. Oh well. I guess they’ll be using the money for IR return. I’ve always liked IR and I’m looking forward to see what Jax is up to. 

"Griffin" was nice looking, but I would put his acting abilities on par with Nathan and Chase.

2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I will add little Rocco to the Danny list.

"Griffin" was nice looking, but I would put his acting abilities on par with Nathan and Chase.

but Nathan was beyond amazing looking. Horibble actor but you can't have everything. Chase just stares a lot. Once again. he's good looking in a soap way but he's no Rayn Paevey.

• Love 2

Why is Scout still spitting up at age 2? Aren't kids suppose to be eating solid foods at this point? Or is just Lassie too stupid to understand?

Danny's vocabulary has not advanced past "daddy"  "dog" and "Annabelle"

This shit is embarrassing at age 50:

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 4.06.04 PM.png

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Anybody else notice the round window in Lante's bedroom?  What is that?  They live in a house not on the Haunted Star.  I vagely remember seeing a round window in Brucas' bedroom when we had the Brad/original Wylie scenes months ago.  They're clearly recycle their sets, but I need to know why the window is round.  

• Love 2

I was trying to figure out why today's episode was so boring, and then I realized that it was all about the Corinthos clan. The only relief was Chase and Willow and even that is going to be about Jason saving Kristina. Still, they brought some enjoyment, and it's a sad day when Josh S and the Willow actress are amongst the best actors on the episode.

I laughed so hard at Burton trying to look intimidating.  But isn't Shiloh supposed to be this amazing person who can read other people so well?  He's a total miss when it comes to reading Sam and Jason.

Willow talking about how Shiloh can force you to reveal you innermost secrets and you can't stop him reminded of of when a colleague was doing therapy with a woman and trying to help her leave an abusive situation. The therapist persuaded the women to invite the man to a session but she was very reluctant and kept insisting that he was so magnetic that we wouldn't be able to resist him when we met him. And when we did meet him, he was unattractive and a complete sleazebag.  Other people don't always react the way you do, Willow.

So Shiloh sent Willow to college so that she could teach the children and she audited a course in child development. Is Charlotte's school so desperate for teachers that they will hire someone with a fake name and few university courses, or did she lie on her resume and fake a social security number?

• Love 3

I think all these layers to Willow's story are nothing more than a freshly-invented way for the show to integrate her into another story and justify her existence, but still, the actress sold it well today. I also really appreciated Chase's measured response--no judgment, no disbelief, just compassion and a desire to reassure and help.

Dante's scars and his bad dream (poor Lulu, she still has shit luck even in dream form) are already 100% more interesting to me than anything happening with Kristina and DoD. Kristina is such a bad choice to be at the center of everyone's worries, since by my estimation, she's the most consistently awful Corinthos this side of Morgan. Let her rot in DoD for all I care.

Really not seeing how the violent thug hit man can be considered anything more than marginally better than the narcissistic cult leader. Shiloh being an ass gives Jason no right to physically assault him.

• Love 9