Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As much as I hate the Ava/Carly battles, I actually thought Maura and Laura did a great job in those scenes.  Yes, Carly was her usual screechy, preachy self, but she did back off when it was obvious Ava was losing her shit.  And Maura's ability to have Ava lose her shit gets me every single time.  

Ava:  Its my fault Kiki's gone.  I don't know how to live with that.  

Maybe it was just the mood I'm in, but that made me cry.  (yes, yes, Ava is evil for kiling the saintly Connie.  there, I said it before someone could jump on me with it!!)

Dante/Sonny:  I don't know what the eff is going on, but DZ's talent are being wasted and I'm being distracted by Sonny's beard which is so much lighter than the hair on his head.

Another shocker:

Oscar:  How much time do I have

Terri:  A month to 6 weeks

Me:  Holy free holies, did not expect that.  So they're going to kill him off after all

Liz/Franco:  Oh look, she took him back nine minutes after she dumped him for the sake of her boys.  And he swore he'd never hurt her intentionally.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ava:  Its my fault Kiki's gone.  I don't know how to live with that.  

Maybe it was just the mood I'm in, but that made me cry.  (yes, yes, Ava is evil for kiling the saintly Connie.  there, I said it before someone could jump on me with it!!)

I don't really think one thing has to do with the other.  Should she have been punished for murder?  Absolutely.  Does that make it any less painful that her daughter died?  Not even a bit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

don't know what the eff is going on, but DZ's talent are being wasted

He is not coming back on this show for long is he?  (I do love seeing him, but he is way to good for this)

• Love 3

I know almost everyone hates Franco, but my favorite part of yesterday was Sonny practically crowing that Franco stabbed Lulu because he was undeniably wrong, wrong, WRONG--and we so seldom get that in clearcut terms.  I know that he thought he was right based on his knowledge (but he's been 100% out of touch with Port Charles?  I mean, seems overly pointless--then again, so is he), but it was still enjoyable seeing him sound like an idiot.

• Love 9

Should she (Ava) have been punished for murder?  Absolutely. 

I remember Ava did go to jail for a period of time - I just don't remember what it was for.  Was it for Connie's death?  Weren't Sonny, Julian, Ava and Franco??? all involved in that prison transport accident that ended up with all of them getting out of jail?  Sonny got out because he went to Port Charles and "saved" the governor's daughter on the Haunted Star by taking the bomb out of Michael's hands and jumping in the water.  I don't remember how the others got out of their jail sentences.  I don't even remember who planted the bomb.  I do remember that being the end of my watching because it was then that Michael Quartermaine went back to being Michael Corinthos.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Blackie said:

He is not coming back on this show for long is he?  (I do love seeing him, but he is way to good for this)

Apparently he liked what he was given story wise for this stint going by his interviews in the rags. I think DZ thinks if he works with Maurice he's somehow doing great things (just the impression I get).  But I beg to differ. 

Speaking of not coming back to the show or possibly leaving, is it possible for Drew to walk off a bridge somewhere?  More ass kissing Friz today with a side of Oscar. 

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

I love Finola Hughes as much as anyone, but her discomfort playing twins is excruciatingly evident. Let's get Peter's maternity amended and then never see Alex again, please. 

And then maybe Andre can remove the memories of Peter and Anna being family, too. I don't want another "I lost a child" story.

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Carly's one to talk about wallowing in self-pity. And what an asshole to tell Ava she'll keep what she said as leverage. UGH.

My cable preview included this howler: "Sonny gives an extraordinary command." It would be extraordinary only if Dante truly killed Sonny. Their scenes were so boring. I was more entertained by Cam, Oscar, and Joss looking at cellphone pictures of Cam's bus trip back to Port Charles.

Dante, you're not even with Sonny until you shoot him and mean to kill him. Dinging him on the arm is nothing.

I never saw Alex on AMC: Did FH always overplay her like she's doing now? It's really hard to watch those scenes, and that's not even about the content of the scenes.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I never saw Alex on AMC: Did FH always overplay her like she's doing now? It's really hard to watch those scenes, and that's not even about the content of the scenes.

Alex on AMC is nothing like Alex on GH.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Funny - I checked out this board largely to see if there were any comments on this.  I catch GH once or twice a month and have never seen Alex on it before.  I was still watching AMC when she as on there, and she seems like a completely different character.  If I remember correctly, she was pretty understated - almost prim and proper with the classic British stiff upper lip.  I think people thought she was a bit of a cold fish, but there was probably some unfair bias against her because people unfairly blamed her for Michael Nader leaving the show and the writing of her love story with Edmund was pretty bad (plus a lot of people would have preferred Edmund to go back to Brooke).   She worked better as a foil for David and Erica and later as Anna in a mismatched relationship with David.

Edited by CCTC
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly's one to talk about wallowing in self-pity. And what an asshole to tell Ava she'll keep what she said as leverage. UGH.

She is THE WORST!!!  "You need to stop."  Wow, great advice, Ms. Compassion. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She is THE WORST!!!  "You need to stop."  Wow, great advice, Ms. Compassion.

Well, Ava does need someone to tell her to snap out of it, it just shouldn't be Carly. Hopefully the show remembers Julian can do that, since he's her brother. There was a taste of that today, but given Oscar's gotten his expiration date (maybe? I still wonder if he'll actually die or if he'll get a last-minute reprieve), Julian has his hands full with Kim, and we know how the show prefers to prioritize love interests over family.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Alex on AMC is nothing like Alex on GH. 

As someone who used to watch AMC and very sporadically watches GH these days, when did Alex become evil?  Has she been on GH before?  On AMC she was a doctor stuck in a boring love triangle, now she's become some kind of criminal mastermind.  I know that almost everyone on GH is a criminal these days, but that's quite a character rewrite. 

Playing twins was never really FH's strong suit, AMC wrote off Alex not that long after Anna appeared.   Anna always worked better as a character on AMC anyway.  Alex had such a horrible introduction on AMC that that character was probably doomed from the beginning. 

Like I said, my GH viewing has been extremely sporadic so I have missed a lot, but Tamara Braun's back?  And not as Carly?  I know this shouldn't surprise me on a show where Michael Easton's playing a new character every time I tune in, but that's a bit awkward.  My old instincts to start fast forwarding when she appears still seem to be intact, though.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, zucchini said:

As someone who used to watch AMC and very sporadically watches GH these days, when did Alex become evil?  Has she been on GH before?  On AMC she was a doctor stuck in a boring love triangle, now she's become some kind of criminal mastermind.  I know that almost everyone on GH is a criminal these days, but that's quite a character rewrite. 

Playing twins was never really FH's strong suit, AMC wrote off Alex not that long after Anna appeared.   Anna always worked better as a character on AMC anyway.  Alex had such a horrible introduction on AMC that that character was probably doomed from the beginning. 

Like I said, my GH viewing has been extremely sporadic so I have missed a lot, but Tamara Braun's back?  And not as Carly?  I know this shouldn't surprise me on a show where Michael Easton's playing a new character every time I tune in, but that's a bit awkward.  My old instincts to start fast forwarding when she appears still seem to be intact, though.

Alex has popped up before in the last year and a half of so. She was posing as Anna for a while, and maybe holding her hostage (?). Someone else will remember better than I do. Yes, she seems to have turned mysteriously evil in the years since moving to Hungary with Dimitri (not a word has been said about him, either.) So many gaps, though I guess we should be used to it. 

And yes, re: Alex's terrible intro! I peeked back at Finola's AMC stint a year or two ago and JESUS, it was possibly the worst I've ever seen. "Hi, I'm Dimitri's wife. Why yes, we met, fell in love, and got married, all in the last three months since he left town. Nope, he never felt the need to tell any of his loved ones. Also, now he's dead. Anyway, Pine Valley seems like a nice town, guess I'll stick around!" Truly insane that they got one of daytime's most popular actresses and immediately saddled her with that mess. 

Re: Tamara Braun, she's not even the first Carly to come back in a different role. 
I would say she's not long for this show, though. We need her son to die and for her to stand in the way of a Julexis reunion for maybe another year, tops. 

16 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

Alex has popped up before in the last year and a half of so. She was posing as Anna for a while, and maybe holding her hostage (?). Someone else will remember better than I do. Yes, she seems to have turned mysteriously evil in the years since moving to Hungary with Dimitri (not a word has been said about him, either.) So many gaps, though I guess we should be used to it

On the online reboot of AMC, Dimitri reveal that he and Alex broke up.

19 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

And yes, re: Alex's terrible intro! I peeked back at Finola's AMC stint a year or two ago and JESUS, it was possibly the worst I've ever seen. "Hi, I'm Dimitri's wife. Why yes, we met, fell in love, and got married, all in the last three months since he left town. Nope, he never felt the need to tell any of his loved ones. Also, now he's dead. Anyway, Pine Valley seems like a nice town, guess I'll stick around!" Truly insane that they got one of daytime's most popular actresses and immediately saddled her with that mess. 

It was so bad.  I know there was all the off-screen drama with Michael Nader and I've always been under the impression that ABC kind of foisted Finola on AMC, but literally any other introduction would have been better.  She could have been doing crazy twin memory transfer on Adam and Stuart and it would have been better than stepping over Dimitri's dead body on her way into Pine Valley.

Thanks for the info about what the GH version of Alex has been up to, even if it is apparently wildly out of character from her AMC days. 

• Love 1

What happened to Oscar's car?  Is it going to walk home from Niagara Falls after it's fixed?  What happened when Cam missed his community service, or whatever he was supposed to be doing for parole?  

Has Aiden's being bullied gotten worse, thanks to Franco?   

How was Carly able to restrain herself from announcing her pregnancy to Ava?  "A little bro or sis for Avery, whom you'll never see again. Ha, ha, ha."

• Love 1

I kinda got a lump in my throat when Oscar was given the results. The kid isn’t the greatest actor but the story overall is kind of sad. That said, the next six weeks are going to be down right depressing.

Carly is a hypocrite but I did like the work between LW & MW. I’ve been watching them since the 90’s and they do great work and are big supporters of the soaps.   

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I remember Ava did go to jail for a period of time - I just don't remember what it was for.  Was it for Connie's death? 

Ava was arrested and sent to jail to await trail for Connie's murder, but then she was presumed dead following the prison transport accident.  Then...the Denise Incident.  And then, I think, Paul stole the evidence against her so she was set free.

Okay I’ll admit it...I choked up when oscar was telling Kim how much he loves her and how everything he is, he is because of her. I don’t give a rats ass about the character because the actor is soooo bad. But the words got to me...

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Okay I’ll admit it...I choked up when oscar was telling Kim how much he loves her and how everything he is, he is because of her. I don’t give a rats ass about the character because the actor is soooo bad. But the words got to me...

I wanted him to cry. He didn't shed any tears. Maybe, he was directed that way but I liked how he was thanking her and comforting her but I wanted him to be balling in the moment. I think another actor would have brought that scene home. Oh, well! It's 6 weeks and counting..................

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Dante, you're not even with Sonny until you shoot him and mean to kill him. Dinging him on the arm is nothing.

1. 🤣🤣
  2. I only ever saw Alex when I watched Robin's Reunion with Anna, and she seemed fairly normal. But I see others have already provided better answers.
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

but given Oscar's gotten his expiration date (maybe? I still wonder if he'll actually die or if he'll get a last-minute reprieve), Julian has his hands full with Kim, and we know how the show prefers to prioritize love interests over family.

Yeah, only on a soap, because in REAL LIFE, every single person that I know who had this brain cancer, died within a year/year and a half after being diagnosed.

9 hours ago, zucchini said:

Regarding the bolded: That's par for the course for the hacks that pretend they're writers for this show. Every good character has to be massacred and unrecognizable in order to make the real thugs and murderers look like the good guys in comparison.

• Love 3

I don't have much more to add about how wildly different the GH version of Alex is from the AMC version. They both suck and are pointless, but they go about it differently. I think the GH writers and Finola are trying too hard to give the sisters distinct identities. GH Alex has this taunting humor that wasn't AMC Alex's style at all. She was downright humorless.  

I gather they explained on the AMC web soap why she isn't with Dmitri anymore, but whatever happened to her and Anna's younger half brother, Gabriel, who was mocked by other Pine Valley youth as "Dog Boy" because he had been kept in a cage and...growled when angry, or something I'm blocking out? They left town with him in tow, didn't they? For the love of God, where is Dog Boy?! I must account for every badly conceived ABC soap character from 2001, and Angel Ellis's trail is cold! 

If he ever shows up, I hope it isn't with the same actor. I'm all for greater diversity in soaps, but that dude's range of expressions was barely sufficient for catalog modeling. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wanted him to cry. He didn't shed any tears. Maybe, he was directed that way but I liked how he was thanking her and comforting her but I wanted him to be balling in the moment. I think another actor would have brought that scene home.

IDK, I thought that scene was played pretty spot on.  My sister, in the last weeks of her life, did a lot of contemplating and there weren't really any tears, just a sort of sad resignation that I thought Oscar actor (I can never remember his name) played well.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

IDK, I thought that scene was played pretty spot on.  My sister, in the last weeks of her life, did a lot of contemplating and there weren't really any tears, just a sort of sad resignation that I thought Oscar actor (I can never remember his name) played well.

I can only remember Eden McCoy but never remember the boys names. I don't know why though. I guess I don't care enought to look. Which is odd. Because back in the day I would know all the young kids names. Once there was this young teen set and their names were Genie Francis & Kin Shriner. I wonder what ever happened to them? LOL!!!!

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I gather they explained on the AMC web soap why she isn't with Dmitri anymore, but whatever happened to her and Anna's younger half brother, Gabriel, who was mocked by other Pine Valley youth as "Dog Boy" because he had been kept in a cage and...growled when angry, or something I'm blocking out? They left town with him in tow, didn't they? For the love of God, where is Dog Boy?! I must account for every badly conceived ABC soap character from 2001, and Angel Ellis's trail is cold! 

If he ever shows up, I hope it isn't with the same actor. I'm all for greater diversity in soaps, but that dude's range of expressions was barely sufficient for catalog modeling. 

Oh man, I had forgotten about dog boy.  Surely they got letters about just how offensive that was?  I remember Anna wandering onscreen and telling David or someone that she’d just shipped Gabriel off to live with Alex, and then he was never mentioned again.  It was definitely for the best, although maybe that’s why Alex started hating Anna. I feel like AMC got better around this time, there must have been a writing change.

Speaking of a character that should have also been shipped off to Hungary a long time ago, I can’t believe Franco is still a character on this show.  

• Love 1
On 3/17/2019 at 4:27 AM, RedheadZombie said:

The Nexium cult branded women. 

I know, that's what made me think of it. But since I wrote that I realized (with an assist from The Walking Dead) that the brand wouldn't look like that. So it's probably just a tattoo that was inspired by the Nxivm cult.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Julian has his hands full with Kim, and we know how the show prefers to prioritize love interests over family.

That's why I was a little shocked when Oscar asked to have a private moment with his mom, rather than Joss. That was a very sweet scene, and I admit I choked up a little.

I have a theory that the Oscar actor is more comfortable when he doesn't have to stand or move around -- common self-consciousness of new actors. So his hospital bed scenes are a little more authentic. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

Alex has popped up before in the last year and a half of so. She was posing as Anna for a while

This. Anyone who's curious about the Alex character could watch the scenes of Alex running in to Robin and Emma at the airport. Alex had successfully deceived the Port Charles folks for a while. Robin (pregnant with Noah) seemed perplexed by how Alex was speaking to them, and reacted in surprise because Alex said "my flat" when Anna hadn't used that word in many years. Emma figured out in under 5 minutes that Alex wasn't "Grandma."

• Love 2

Today.....

Carly to Lulu and Olivia:  I'm pregnant, but we're keeping it quiet.  

So that's why Sonny, Jason, Sam, Joss, Micheal and Mike all know?!!

Sonny does something stupid to save the pickpocket kid which causes Dante to kill Raj, when he wanted to bring him in alive.  Sonny ruins everything.

Jason:  Ima gonna kill Shiloh, because that's how I solve all my problems

Sam:  Ugh, Kristina will know you killed him and blame herself.  

Alex:  I'm going to tell you what you want to know.  Changed my mind, not gonna tell you.  changed my mind again, gonna tell you.  Nope, just kidding, not gonna.  Okay, here it is, random memory about a scientist led into an ambush.

Me;  What?  Who cares?  

I actually loved the conversation between Michael and Kristina.  CD was playing it very much, concerned brother and LA was playing it very much, brainwashed cult member.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Perkie said:

Well, to be fair, that's hubby/father, best friend, bf's significant other, daughter/sister, son/brother, and father-in-law/grandfather. Not strangers.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well, to be fair, that's hubby/father, best friend, bf's significant other, daughter/sister, son/brother, and father-in-law/grandfather. Not strangers.

Agreed.  I just thought it was funny that she was all, 'shh keep it quiet' when we've seen her tell a bunch of people.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

There should be a drinking for how many times

Monaco stares at the ceiling & Burton blinks.   Plus the conversation of talking about what to do with  26 year old woman is just hysterical.

The lines are on the ceiling.  But at least I could understand her today.

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 5.33.23 PM.png

And where are all those hot and heavy Jasam sneaking around moments since they can't be together because of Shiloh?

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I actually was able to understand Sam today! I wonder if she’s been wised up that we hate her portrayal of Sam, the sleepwalker. Zzzzzzzzz.

Yea she was audible today maybe next time she'll work on the ceiling eyes.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Carly to Lulu and Olivia:  I'm pregnant, but we're keeping it quiet.  

I'm still waiting for Nina to find out.  I want to see her head explode.

47 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Will Willow be he next dead body on this show?

Weirdo has to be Nina's real kid, the one with the other half of the heart necklace.  So I don't see them killing her any time soon.

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bannana said:

I want to know why it is the next morning for Carly and for Julian, but Anna, Alex and Finn are all still in yesterday's conversation.

Groundhog Day? 

• LOL 5

LOL at Sonny's big scheme to get out of that cell. Playing dead? Why didn't he just boop the guard on the nose? At least they had Dante say, "I can't believe that worked," because it was kindergarten levels of stupidity.

Did Raj really not recognize Sonny standing right behind Dante? The beret and kerchief were not that transformative!

Too bad Kristina isn't deep undercover into Dawn of Day to bust it wide open, because that's the only thing that makes this story interesting for me regarding her. Otherwise I just don't care.

I love that Olivia still has RF!S's phone number and they occasionally text.

KeMo was definitely more awake today. Maybe they've changed her filming time to jibe with her caffeine intake.

Previews: Mac and Kevin together!

• Love 5

Regarding Kelly Monaco's looking at the ceiling-I think that's an old actor trick when you can't remember your lines. And since I don't even know who half these people are that ya'll are talking about, that's all I have to add LOL.

Isn't Oscar Drew's son, and isn't Drew still a Quartermaine? But he's like a lesser Quartermaine since he isn't Jason, so that's why they are killing off his kid. It's like you know, Jason's kids are the Gucci or Prada kids, and Drew's kid is the Great Value brand Walmart knock off. Or even worse, a blue light special at KMart.

Don't mind me. Just trolling.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Perkie said:

Jason:  Ima gonna kill Shiloh, because that's how I solve all my problems

Sam:  Ugh, Kristina will know you killed him and blame herself.  

Someone brought it to Twitter's attention that this discussion Jason/Sam were having, where they so nonchalantly spoke of killing Shiloh, happened in the same room where Oscar got his death diagnosis. You know him, he's Jason's nephew and the brother of Sam's daughter. I doubt Sam or Jason have thought about Oscar OR Drew lately.

• Love 8

So even Shiloh’s not interested in Kristina’s boring history with Parker.  Smart guy.

And the point of the whole Sonny-to-the-Rescue storyline was... what? Just to highlight how inept he is? Because that’s really all that happened.  And the “disguise” reminded me of all the times Lucy Ricardo would put on a wig or black out a tooth, and Ricky never had a clue. Ai-yi-yi....

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
On 3/20/2019 at 7:36 AM, Sake614 said:

I cried like a baby during the whole scene.  Couldn't help myself.

Ava's breakdowns are spectacular.  It took me a while to warm up to her, but I'm rooting for her.  Maura is not averse to an ugly  full out meltdown, smeared mascara and all. And for the most part I enjoy her fashion choices.

Oh Sam, you are nap inducing for me.

• Love 6