Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I know! Way to blame Elizabeth for something she had no say in or part of. Ugh. 

Jordan didn't blame Elizabeth for that. She said Elizabeth is responsible for bringing Franco into her boys' lives and home; his history and his ability to lie/deceive is an undeniable part of him. So if Elizabeth did not want to deal with Cameron's disgust about Franco's serial killer past, and did not want to worry that Franco might be lying/withholding important information from her, she should have never gotten engaged to him.

Elizabeth understands Jordan's point because she's already fought with/dumped Franco before because of it. Then she took him back  and now she and her kids have really been hurt again. She is dealing with the ramifications of Franco's lie and lack of thought about how her kids could be hurt, as well as her own poor judgement. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

What is with this overkill? Nearly every day they’re teary-eyed about their connection.

On another show, this would be foreshadowing that their friendship is about to be tested or broken by some kind of betrayal. Not this one though.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"As long as I'm breathing, if you need me, I will find a way to get to you." Blech. Also, LOL. Too bad Sam wasn't around to hear that and kick Jason to the curb for good.

I usually read or something during Sonny or Jason scenes, so when Jason said this, it sort of went by me.  I wasn't sure I heard right, but I guess I did.  Ugh.  Why don't those two just go ahead and do it? 

The Turkey scenes are so dumb I probably didn't miss much there.  The pickpocket was kind of cute, but his accent was weird.  Was he supposed to be Turkish? 

Joss's "aren't you too old" was pretty funny and what some people had been saying...but I know women have kids in their 40s.  I remember being a senior in high school when a friend's mother was pregnant, and it was just sort of ewww, those are parents, they're old! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I didn't buy it 20 years ago and I don't buy it now.

I keep saying. They always wanted to pretend that Jason was “good at heart” and “never lied,” but at the same time had him befriend Carly and lie for Carly!? And without ultimately making the point that he wasn’t all that ”good” after all. No,  it doesn’t work that way, show. You want Jarly as besties, make it clear that they’re both manipulative criminals, and that’s me being polite.

• Love 14

If this show wanted to be a real soap opera slash weren't so scared of the shippers, they'd go there with a Jason/Carly affair.  Because, let's get real, it's what they're writing.  And I totally believe that men and women can be just platonic friends, but that's not...this.

Speaking of being a real soap opera...previews...I am very curious to hear Kevin answer Laura's question tomorrow.  Don't just sweep this under the rug, Show, Kevin should get some heat for keeping this secret.  People are dead because he did!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If this show wanted to be a real soap opera slash weren't so scared of the shippers, they'd go there with a Jason/Carly affair.  Because, let's get real, it's what they're writing.  And I totally believe that men and women can be just platonic friends, but that's not...this.

Speaking of being a real soap opera...previews...I am very curious to hear Kevin answer Laura's question tomorrow.  Don't just sweep this under the rug, Show, Kevin should get some heat for keeping this secret.  People are dead because he did!

Seriously. I'm not even speaking of it solely in terms of Jason/Sam but hasn't this show been clear and consistent in Jason putting Carly (and by extension Carly's children and Sonny) in front of every romantic partner he's ever had?

Color me shocked that they are allowing Kevin to tell Laura his side of the story directly and that she didn't hear it from Jason or someone else first.

• Love 4

It is 2019. Can't the word "orgasm" be uttered in parent-teen talks, especially when it is literally a matter of life and death? I mean, if I'm interpreting all the dancing around in the Carly/Joss and Drew/Oscar scenes, what they're discussing is whether Oscar experiencing "the little death" will lead to The Big One, right? 

Also, maybe someone should bring Kim into the conversation. It wouldn't be comfortable, but she IS an actual doctor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It is 2019. Can't the word "orgasm" be uttered in parent-teen talks, especially when it is literally a matter of life and death? I mean, if I'm interpreting all the dancing around in the Carly/Joss and Drew/Oscar scenes, what they're discussing is whether Oscar experiencing "the little death" will lead to The Big One, right? 

Also, maybe someone should bring Kim into the conversation. It wouldn't be comfortable, but she IS an actual doctor.

(Long time no see, everyone. I've largely checked out, but tuned back in for Ava's reaction to which I was not disappointed. I also really want them to address the fact that she was essentially raped by Ryan multiple times.)

I did want to comment on this though. I have epilepsy and had a particularly horrible year last year with back to back seizures after 25 years of not having one (one really bad at home where I live alone that could have killed me due to a head injury). But them having sex could lead to him dying never even crossed my mind with both Carly/Joss and the Drew/Oscar scenes though. I genuinely just thought they were talking about taking the next step and how big that step is when you're a teenager/you're too young/but time is running out/blah blah blah.

And yes, they should bring Kim into the conversation. It was one of the first things I asked when I got my new neurologist. Can I still have sex? Please? Thankfully, the answer was yes.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Typical Jason, though. He's heroically refraining from killing Julian because of Danny. 

What was the point of all of this happening to Carly if all she is now is sore and has a few scratches?

It's a little creepy even knowing better. Baby rabies isn't attractive on anyone. This story needs to move along. 

Sonny in Ankara is so lame. His tough-guy act is hilariously dumb, and being out of Port Charles just magnifies that.

The Joss/Carly pregnancy stuff was well done.

Valentin threatening Liesl made me thing she should always have the advantage over him.

"As long as I'm breathing, if you need me, I will find a way to get to you." Blech. Also, LOL. Too bad Sam wasn't around to hear that and kick Jason to the curb for good.

I think the point is that Sonny was not there, and if not for Jason, Carly and her unborn baby would have died.  He continues to be her saviour, so I guess they are going to go there, and have them finally do it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I love the choices we now have beyond just "like" but good lord we desperately need that puke icon!!!!!!!😬

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Jason is always a piece of shit. Ava should have left his rank ass in Russia. Besides the fact that it is common courtesy to save someone who saved you, you would think he would want to save Sam's aunt's life. It just goes to show he still doesn't give one fuck about Sam's family. He even saved Franco's life due to him helping to save his true love Carly but Drew is the only person still getting shit on by folks cause he dares to talk to the man.

I read a news story about a woman having a stroke due to an orgasm caused by oral sex. May Eeyore go out in a blaze of glory and Mini Carly's vagina be as lethal as her mom's.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

It just goes to show he still doesn't give one fuck about Sam's family.

Not her paternal family anyway. But then neither does she, so he’s just taking his cues from her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Not her paternal family anyway. But then neither does she, so he’s just taking his cues from her.

Exactly. Sam has shown not one shit about her dad or aunt. She doesn’t care. 

The only time she remotely cared was when she had cat poop disease so it wasn’t real.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Welp, I guess the show finally figured out that MB's menacing act really doesn't work with regular actors, and he certainly can't compare to RF!S, so they have him play against a teenaged vagabond so he can come across as tough and worldly wise.

I'm thinking the odds are 50/50 Turkish teen comes home with Sonny.

I'm also thinking that Mayor Laura being on scene to stop the serial killer will provide much cover if Spencer's vote-rigging ever comes to light.

I like the actress playing Willow, but I don't think she's talented enough to play " torn because she's in love with Chase, but will hook up with Michael because it gets her access to Wiley" and I think that's where the show is going.

I fully support Michael getting repeatedly screwed over by relationships though. So far his romantic interests consist of a woman lying about her parentage and a woman hiding the fact that she gave up her baby.

• Love 3

What is it any of Nina's business who Willow dates. The Nina/Willow scenes are always so obnoxious. So of course, we are in for a world of fun when Willow who looks like she could be Sasha's sister turns out to be Nina's long lost daughter.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm thinking the odds are 50/50 Turkish teen comes home with Sonny.

Joss's next boyfriend/love triangle with her and Cam once Oscar's toomah finally kills him.

Michael's obsession with Wiley is supposed to be seen as this otherworldly connection to his son (can't wait for him to start uttering those words every 4.5 seconds), but it comes off as creepy.  

• Love 10
8 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Jason is always a piece of shit. Ava should have left his rank ass in Russia. Besides the fact that it is common courtesy to save someone who saved you, you would think he would want to save Sam's aunt's life.

He is, but I was thinking more about little Avery. Sam does not have a relationship with Ava, but Sonny's youngest child does. Jason is aware that Avery is Sonny and Ava's daughter. Avery and Kiki had a sweet on-screen sister relationship; Kiki is gone from Avery's life forever. Avery also has an established on-screen relationship with her mother Ava. There have been plenty of references on-screen to Ava picking up Avery at S&C's house and spending time with her. It would rock that child's world for first her sister to die, and then her mom - no matter how many times S&C try to act like Carly is Avery's mother.  But I guess the only children who truly matter in Jason's world are Carly's biological kids?  

Sam has a close relationship with her sister Kristina, so she's worried about Kristina getting attached to this guy Shiloh and Dawn of Day. She's looking into the situation. When Carly expresses concern about that situation, Jason tells her it's not worth her stressing herself out because of her pregnancy.  He takes off to rescue Carly, and Sam's behind in Port Charles leaving him a VM about Shiloh and DoD. The only reason he would care about Kristina being in trouble is if Sonny got mad at him for "not protecting my daughter" or Carly and/or Michael were really upset because Kristina got kidnapped/hurt right in front of them. She is not a priority because she's Sam's sister. That was clear when Jason snapped at Sam to not stress Carly out because she's pregnant - right after Sam said to Carly something like "this is my sister we're talking about." 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I mean, if I'm interpreting all the dancing around in the Carly/Joss and Drew/Oscar scenes, what they're discussing is whether Oscar experiencing "the little death" will lead to The Big One, right? 

I looked at the conversations in, I think, a much more teenage way. I think Oscar was just nervous about it being his first time. And, if that was the case, I thought Billy's answer was pretty useless. If I were asking my parent about sex, I'd be asking for some specifics. 

I figured Joss, in a typical teen way was thinking more about herself -- like what if he has a seizure and dies in the middle of me having sex with him? (although I can't fault her too much for that, even though it also demonstrates that's she's truly Carly's child.)

Can't the WSB apprehend Sonny for some reason? First of all there's no need for him in the story when we have RF!S on set. Secondly, I'm sure in real life, the WSB would have found a way to get rid of his annoying presence screwing up their operation. Thirdly, it's Sonny. That should be reason enough to deport him. Wouldn't he be on somebody's watch list? 

• Love 4

Kim already talked with oscar about sex when Carly found a condom in Joss’ bag and freaked out. So this wasn’t really his first conversation about it. But it was the first time he got into specifics of ‘how do I do it?’ And I actually liked Drew’s response. Is he supposed to give the kid step by step instructions?  Draw him a diagram? Point him to the Internet? Granted I’m not a parent but I didn’t think it was so terrible.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I am waiting for Sonny to cause an international incident for being stupid while looking for Dante

If only. I can't stop laughing at how out of place Sonny is when it comes to international intrigue. He's barely competent keeping things going in Port Charles.

12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

hasn't this show been clear and consistent in Jason putting Carly (and by extension Carly's children and Sonny) in front of every romantic partner he's ever had?

Yes, and the idiot women Jason is with accept it unquestioningly. It also goes the other way: Carly puts Jason ahead of any man she's with and expects them to accept it unquestioningly. She and Jax had some arguments about it, and he completely folded, which was enraging.

1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But I guess the only children who truly matter in Jason's world are Carly's biological kids?  

The boy children, at any rate.

21 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Granted I’m not a parent but I didn’t think it was so terrible.

Same here (on both points.) Oscar knows the birds and bees; I think he was asking about how to initiate sex. I thought Drew saying intimacy was both physical and emotional was just right. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The boy children, at any rate.

I said Carly's biological children because Jason has also been hurt, or trapped, as a result of going after Josslyn. The first time was when Carly was sexing up Johnny Z. so she didn't notice that little Joss was gone from her home (because of Jerry Jax). When she realized it she ran to Jason. The result: Jason was injured so he was in the hospital, so Sam yelled at Carly. Carly retorted that Sam couldn't understand because she wasn't a mother, so Sam slapped her across the face.  More recently, Jason held the ladder for Josslyn to get out (after she and Oscar got trapped underground), and then he couldn't get out. Cue drama, and then Sam and Jason climbed out of the harbor onto the pier. Josslyn went to the hospital with Carly and said "Jason saved my life." Gag. 

• Love 4

Hell, Jason's bio son with Liz isn't on his radar either nor is his other bio son Danny. Did he even bother to get tested to see if he is a bone marrow match for Danny or is he content to have Julian be the match. He really doesn't give a fuck about his boyz,

• Love 7

Jason only cares about Sonny, Carly, their kids. The only thing I’m still not certain about is why, when the show didn’t know SBu was coming back, this was eventually written as a bad thing down the line with Sam and Jason/Drew but it’s not a bad thing with OG Sam/Jason. Like, huh?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

LOL at Laura's optimism that Ryan is most sincerely dead. She's been around long enough to know not even finding a body is proof of someone's demise.

Poor Cameron. I knew he'd had become a Franco apologist, but it would be nice if he could have had a bit more time before that happened. Even without the fake confession, Franco being a part of the family is problematic. At least Elizabeth is still conflicted.

At least Laura was able to call Kevin on the Ryan stuff. I just wish Laura hadn't made it so much about her. If Lulu hadn't been nearly killed, would she have been so upset? I tend to think not.

The brain trust that is Sam and Jason is only now looking at the formal definition of a cult? FFS.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Kim already talked with oscar about sex when Carly found a condom in Joss’ bag and freaked out. So this wasn’t really his first conversation about it. But it was the first time he got into specifics of ‘how do I do it?’ And I actually liked Drew’s response. Is he supposed to give the kid step by step instructions?  Draw him a diagram? Point him to the Internet? Granted I’m not a parent but I didn’t think it was so terrible.

Did she talk to him about sex during a time when his seizures were increasing? Did he even know he was sick then?

16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I missed today - so how long did Kevin know about Ryan?

May 2018. Three/four months before he (Kevin) was captured and during the time-frame Laura was still in France tending to Spencer.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

May 2018. Three/four months before he (Kevin) was captured and during the time-frame Laura was still in France tending to Spencer.

Thanks!

I'm pathetically happy that the writers didn't make it so Kevin was lying to Lucy throughout their marriage.  Guess Scotty mentioning to Laura that Kevin kept jetting off to help a patient was just a red herring.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

'm pathetically happy that the writers didn't make it so Kevin was lying to Lucy throughout their marriage.  Guess Scotty mentioning to Laura that Kevin kept jetting off to help a patient was just a red herring.

He told Laura that when Ryan survived the fire, the DVX scooped him up to work for them.  Then over time he became cuckoo for cocoa puffs and hard to manage so they reached out to Kevin.  Kevin wanted to find a way to fix Ryan so started working with him, but fixed him so good that Ryan managed to get the jump on him and switch places.  

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Perkie said:

He told Laura that when Ryan survived the fire, the DVX scooped him up to work for them.  Then over time he became cuckoo for cocoa puffs and hard to manage so they reached out to Kevin.  Kevin wanted to find a way to fix Ryan so started working with him, but fixed him so good that Ryan managed to get the jump on him and switch places.  

But why would the DVX reach out to Kevin? Wouldn't they have their own people to deal with a rogue/defective operative?

• Love 2

Can someone call Julian for Ava? How heartless are these SOBs? The woman just found out that she was about to marry and being manipulated and actually raped by a serial killer who also killed her daughter and they just what? Dropped her off at the bar when they got in from Niagra? Luckily Franco happened to be around to help her out for a minute, good lord. It was bad enough Jason let us know he only saved Ava from plummeting to her death because Laura was there. What?? Grrrrr. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How many Valium did Sam take before Jason got to his apartment?  Lord, low energy doesn't begin to describe it.

And the staring at the ceiling is a random acting choice. 

I know a lot of people say Jason's a bad partner, but I'll give him this, he's listening to this cult stuff even though you know he doesn't give a shit.

I think GF was good. I thought JL was too chipper in the beginning of their scenes and then too over the top later on.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And the staring at the ceiling is a random acting choice. 

I know a lot of people say Jason's a bad partner, but I'll give him this, he's listening to this cult stuff even though you know he doesn't give a shit.

He'll give a shit til Carly calls him because she wants him to come rub her feet and tell her how awesome she is.  Then all Sleepy Sam will be left with is her tablet to look up the definition of a cult.  THEY WERE GOOGLING THE DEFINITION OF A CULT.  Brain meet trust.

I think GF was good. I thought JL was too chipper in the beginning of their scenes and then too over the top later on.

Her reactions were spot-on and everything I'd hoped they'd be.  I think JL played it like he knew she was going to want to know the truth so he was going OTT about how he missed her face and he loved her, etc.  Like, softening the blow.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

He told Laura that when Ryan survived the fire, the DVX scooped him up to work for them. 

Work for them doing what?  Just running around killing people?  And Ryan faithfully followed orders for DECADES and never once tried to go back to Port Charles and Felicia?

ETA...wait, if Kevin only found out a couple of months ago, that means this twin thing was still up and running AFTER Jason was rescued?  That doesn't make sense if Ryan and Kevin are supposed to be Patients 3 and 4.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Jason and Sam have to google "cult" just to make sure DOD is a cult. Jesus God. 

Just today I was thinking that Spinelli has become basically useless since almost anyone can find out whatever they want by going online these days. He no longer has any particular special skill. But, if Sam and Jason had to look up the meaning of cult, then I guess we'll never be rid of Spin, since he apparently has to do everything but wipe their behinds for them.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

"As long as I'm breathing, if you need me, I will find a way to get to you." Blech.

When he said that, it occurred to me -- Jason and Carly are end game. I know they're BFFs, just friends, and all that... but it was just over the top. And as much as I want to gag as I'm typing this, they had 100x more chemistry in that scene than Jason and Sam have ever had. I feel icky now.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Jordan didn't blame Elizabeth for that. She said Elizabeth is responsible for bringing Franco into her boys' lives and home; his history and his ability to lie/deceive is an undeniable part of him. So if Elizabeth did not want to deal with Cameron's disgust about Franco's serial killer past, and did not want to worry that Franco might be lying/withholding important information from her, she should have never gotten engaged to him.

Cameron would not have got beat up at school if Jordan had not pressured Franco into saying that he was guilty to use him as bait. Cameron lately had acutally doing okay with Franco, until the police stormed into the house  and traumatized all three boys and arrested Franco, then made him plead guilty to something he didn't do.

My daughter happened to be around and watched with me. Her anger at Jordan was because she saw Franco as trying to make amends for what he had done and become a better person, and Jordan put him back into what he was trying to get out of.

Yes, Elizabeth married a former serial killer. But Jordan is taking zero responsibility for how she herself helped create the current situation.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:04 AM, ouinason said:

I think Jordan's plan was stupid because it fed into Ryan's plan, and the ONLY reason it worked is because the killer was Ryan.  That hit to the ego was personal.  And... say it did work with another killer, with Franco behind bars and safe from them, who would the target for their anger at him be?  Why, a completely in the dark Nurse and her children being left with no protection and a very public relationship with Franco, that's who.  

Jordan put a target on Liz and left her to swing in the wind.

It was a stupid plan every which way, none the least because she failed to protect Franco or Liz and her family in any way.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, Linny said:

The show glossed over Jason's retelling of the showdown with Ava and Ryan pretty quickly, but I gotta press pause for a moment. "I couldn't let [Ava] die in front of Laura." Um, WTF? So Ava's rescue was conditional on Laura's presence? Is this how Jason is justifying his actions to Carly, who we know would be thrilled if Ava died, or would Jason really have watched a woman fall to her death if there had been no other witnesses? Either way, it's a shitty thing for our supposed "hero" to say. Ava was Ryan's victim just as much as Carly, and whatever Jason might feel for Ava personally, there's no acceptable way he could have NOT saved her. I don't know why the show wouldn't allow him to show some humanity by just saying this outright instead of couching it in terms suggesting he acted out of begrudging obligation.

Because he wouldn't  be Stone Cold if he had any empathy for someone who isn't a Corinthos. He can barely must up any feeling for his twin, and he would probably still be shunning Monica if Drew hadn't gotten close to her.

This is your hero, folks.

12 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

He is, but I was thinking more about little Avery. Sam does not have a relationship with Ava, but Sonny's youngest child does. Jason is aware that Avery is Sonny and Ava's daughter.

If Ava dies, Sonny and Carly have Avery free and clear.  For Jason, killing Ava be like a gift to S&C.

22 hours ago, TVbitch said:

WTF?! Carly didn't even lose the baby?! At keast that would have caused upset that Sonny wasn't there and drama for her. I guess the ONLY reason for her to get kidnapped was so Jason could save her.

So Jason is back with Sam but there is zero chemistry and zero effort. And he's swearing BFF allegiance to Carly just about every day. They are writing for SBu's Jason but doing it in the laziest way possible. It's a toss-up as to who sleep walks through this show the most.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Because he wouldn't  be Stone Cold if he had any empathy for someone who isn't a Corinthos. He can barely must up any feeling for his twin, and he would probably still be shunning Monica if Drew hadn't gotten close to her.

This is your hero, folks.

He barely can show any interest in either of his biological children. I'm trying to think of someone that isn't a Corinthos/Corinthos-adjacent that Jason shows any emotion or concern for and I can't think of one. 

Hey, wasn't Oscar supposed to be a part of this dumb cult? Shouldn't Jason be at least pretending to show concern for his TERMINALLY ILL nephew and not only Sonny's daughter (because you know Kristina isn't on Jason's radar as Sam's sister) that is an adult and can presumably work out her own life for herself?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm trying to think of someone that isn't a Corinthos/Corinthos-adjacent that Jason shows any emotion or concern for and I can't think of one. 

Hey, remember when Jason came back and said he was gonna be a better son to Monica.  Doing a bang-up job, Jase. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5