Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The previews keep taunting me with scenarios that won't be as good as what's in my head. Friday, it was Sonny saying "Is there room for one more?" and he wasn't asking about a mass grave. Now Sam is saying "Maybe I should just bail on the whole thing," and she won't be talking about living in Port Charles.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

My prediction of the Carly situation is that after she is rescued but loses the baby is that Sonny will blame her for putting HIS CHILD in danger because of her nosiness. We know Jax is coming back any minute, and Sonny has his ongoing flirtation with the D.A., so this will give the show a chance to shake things up again. 

I heard Jax coming back is for Nina once she finds out the truth about Sasha and dumps Valentin once and for all.  

There was a lot of talk at Christmas time that tiic in charge were not happy with the writing and the writers were told to make changes.  If that's true, I beleive the Sonny/Carly/Margo was one of the issues that got changed.   which is why we went from Sonny/Margo hanging out and Carly telling Jason in no uncertain terms that she wasn't going to take Sonny back if he cheated, to Margo disapearing for a month and Carly being Sonny's chearleader in the Mike stuff.  She was all "I'm totally standing by your side with your father" whereas two weeks prior she was all "i will dump his ass if he goes sniffing after the DA".  When Margo resurfaced she was dumped into the Shiloh/DOD/Drew's memories story and she's been nowhere near the Corinthi since.  

All that is to say that I don't think Sonny will blame Carly if the baby dies.  though I do see them blaming Ava, because that's what this show loves to do.    Ava will go from town pariah, someone loves her for who she is, that someone turnign out to be a serial killer who killed her daughter, town pariah.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, KW's voice has annoyed me but she really was good when she "knew". The flashback really helped but she played it out so well.

I also liked that they had Felicia just walk away, instead of confronting Ryan or some other dumb action. If anyone knows how dangerous Ryan is, it's Felicia, and there's no way she'd try to do anything by herself.

I just realized yesterday's episode was supposed to be Friday's, and that was our cliffhanger. Given that the audience has known for ages it's Ryan, nothing was all that urgent. So much for the last five minutes, or whatever that inane preview was blaring.

57 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She was all "I'm totally standing by your side with your father" whereas two weeks prior she was all "i will dump his ass if he goes sniffing after the DA".

I don't think those are mutually exclusive. Carly loves Mike, so why wouldn't she want to help him?

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, Carly's losing that baby and she's going to end up blaming Ava.  How friggin' original.

"I blame Ava/Julian" is a half-hearted mantra at Casa Nutmeg. 

Ava was blamed last night during "ABC World News" for everything from the tornadoes in Alabama to Luke Perry's death.

Edited by NutmegsDad
"I blame Ava": Specifics.
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hey guy! First time poster, long time reader.

I actually stopped watching months ago but kept up more or less because of your recaps and comments.

It's like you guys have a road map of my brain. 

The Ryan stuff was boring up to last week or so. Im glad genie and Jon are getting so much play. I hope they arent shoved in a closet after this.

the cult stuff is TERRIBLE. I was/am a big fan of Sam and Drew/Sam so i really thought it would move them closer to sharing air space but the recaps dont seem to show that they have or ever will at this point. Jasam is so dry. 

If it's true nina is moving to Jax at least that is different and he wont be swallowed by carly again. 

Nothing is really pulling me back in though.

Edited by GHInReview
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, GHInReview said:

Hey guy! First time poster, long time reader.

I actually stopped watching months ago but kept up more or less because of your recaps and comments.

Im glad genie and Jon are getting so much play. I hope they arent shoved in a closet after this.

the cult stuff is TERRIBLE. I was/am a big fan of Sam and Drew/Sam so i really thought it would move them closer to sharing air space

Welcome!

Yes, did you see how Genie played the "lightbulb" moment of realizing it was Kevin locked up, and then tears of relief at realizing it was Ryan, not Kevin, who had been so horrible all this time. Jon is doing a good job of playing a blind man.

The cult storyline is terrible, but I thought Sam and Kristina's recent scene in the hospital (just after the JaSam staged fight) was very good. That was the most I've liked Kristina since she was a teenager yelling at Sonny "you only think of yourself." The irony was that Sam was telling the truth about how Jason controls the relationship and makes S&C the priority; she and Kristina both agreed that Sam needs to put herself first. The way Sam looked down/away a few times, I think was supposed to be her perceived as her feeling "conflicted about lying to Kristina" but I wonder if that was Sam (or KeMo) being embarrassed because Sam reunited with Jason knowing that he does not make or their kids a priority, whereas Drew did.

I did not expect Drew and Sam to have more scenes because it would very obvious that they have MUCH better chemistry/connection than Sam and Jason do now. If Oscar had continued living in the Dawn of Day community and Drew was worried, I definitely think they would have more scenes. Drew would be invested in obtaining his own memories, to figure out if Shiloh did anything bad back when they knew each other and could be a danger to Kristina and Oscar. Instead, the focus is on Oscar dying and spending his remaining time with Josslyn, Cameron and Kim and Drew. I feel like Jason isn't really invested in exposing the cult because Kristina is Sonny's adult girl child (via Alexis) and now Carly's unborn must be protected at all costs. When Kristina and Michael were runaways as teenagers and Carly was not pregnant, no way would Jason have left it up to Sam to bring them home safely.

43 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Welcome!

Yes, did you see how Genie played the "lightbulb" moment of realizing it was Kevin locked up, and then tears of relief at realizing it was Ryan, not Kevin, who had been so horrible all this time. Jon is doing a good job of playing a blind man.

The cult storyline is terrible, but I thought Sam and Kristina's recent scene in the hospital (just after the JaSam staged fight) was very good. That was the most I've liked Kristina since she was a teenager yelling at Sonny "you only think of yourself." The irony was that Sam was telling the truth about how Jason controls the relationship and makes S&C the priority; she and Kristina both agreed that Sam needs to put herself first. The way Sam looked down/away a few times, I think was supposed to be her perceived as her feeling "conflicted about lying to Kristina" but I wonder if that was Sam (or KeMo) being embarrassed because Sam reunited with Jason knowing that he does not make or their kids a priority, whereas Drew did.

I did not expect Drew and Sam to have more scenes because it would very obvious that they have MUCH better chemistry/connection than Sam and Jason do now. If Oscar had continued living in the Dawn of Day community and Drew was worried, I definitely think they would have more scenes. Drew would be invested in obtaining his own memories, to figure out if Shiloh did anything bad back when they knew each other and could be a danger to Kristina and Oscar. Instead, the focus is on Oscar dying and spending his remaining time with Josslyn, Cameron and Kim and Drew. I feel like Jason isn't really invested in exposing the cult because Kristina is Sonny's adult girl child (via Alexis) and now Carly's unborn must be protected at all costs. When Kristina and Michael were runaways as teenagers and Carly was not pregnant, no way would Jason have left it up to Sam to bring them home safely.

I feel like they are going out of their way to keep sam isolated to this cult story and jason. It's crazy how they cut off all contact with drew considering they share a child. No other soap does that. So i do wonder if something happened behind the scenes. Like someone decided to cut all ties. But for what purpose?

The short clips i saw of Laura and Felicia were fantastic. Im glad they got their moments.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wow watching jason and Sam is like being water boarded. No not really. But wow. Trying to attempt this family stuff with burton is failing miserably. On top of the lack of chemistry the dialogue is pitiful. I do not buy for one second those two morons care or want to raise a family.

Id rather watch Oscar in the cabin trying to get laid.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

Why don't they have Sam giving one sided phone updates to Alexis and Sonny about Shiloh? The story feels off because Sam is more concerned than either of Kristina's parents.

Jason and Sam talking about building toys with the kids does feel awkward, but imo 50% of it is due to that fucking tee shirt of Jason's. 

Why hasn't mumbling Oscar been killed off yet, holy crap.

Oh yay Franco woke up just in time to till the farm. Otherwise what would Liz and her children would have done?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason and Sam talking about building toys with the kids does feel awkwars, but imo 50% of it is due to that fucking tee shirt of Jason's. 

No lie, I had this same thought.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

No lie, I had this same thought.

Why doesn't he just ride his motorcycle around the house instead of walking while he's at it?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why don't they have Sam giving one sided phone updates to Alexis and Sonny about Shiloh? The story feels off because Sam is more concerned than either of Kristina's parents.

Jason and Sam talking about building toys with the kids does feel awkwars, but imo 50% of it is due to that fucking tee shirt of Jason's. 

Why hasn't mumbling Oscar been killed off yet, holy crap.

Oh yay Franco woke up just in time to till the farm. Otherwise what would Liz and her children would have done?

Lol

His shirt is obnoxiously tight. I think they had jason in a family way on purpose because of the truths Kristina said about putting carly ahead of sam/kids. We all know its true so the show tries to combat the image without really having him choose. 

And Sam really has no standards. She wants whatever Jason wants at this point.  They have really done a number on her character the last year. It's sad to see.

ITA about the Shiloh story. It seems like Sam is running after her grown ass sister who hasnt grown up. Molly is more mature. Her parents dont care and dont care to follow up so why does Sam at this rate? If this guy was linked to her past, then why isnt her past a real factor? It's just so stupid. It sucks she cant get anything else but this crap while jason is shoved everywhere. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Jason is a cartoon and Burton sucks.  

Not to mention that stupid jog/walk down the stairs. This man is clumsy!  What action is there when he can't even walk or jog like a normal person?

Edit: All those toys in the house like they're actually parents. FV "just put more toys on the set, the audience will buy it!"

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Why doesn't he just ride his motorcycle around the house instead of walking while he's at it?

I also love how they scatter 100 toys around as if that entire place doesn’t look like a bachelor pad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sam is more involved because Jason told her he's worried. Sam hasn't had an original thought in her head since they put her back with SBu's Jason.

And Sonny has Dante and Carly's new baby to worry about anyways. He doesn't have time to worry about Alexis' girl child. Can someone remind me why it's so urgent to get Dante back now that Lulu is out of the hospital?

• Love 4

Can someone remind me why it's so urgent to get Dante back now that Lulu is out of the hospital?

@statsgirl, didn't you see what it was like in actual Turkey??? Hookahs everywhere, shiny playing cards! Dante is just a few days away from wearing a fez... Did you hear me! A FEZ!!!!!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

This crap has been extra bad since Burton came back, beyond anything....plus KM's refusal to try and make this work.

But whatever...TPTB think JaSam is this great pairing...so be it.

Just now, Hater said:

"You don't want to leave Carly waiting"

Ahh yes, doormat...know your role.  

Ugh.

Another thing I hate. Sam has no friends of her own. Lol like REAL friends.

She is connected and so disconnected to the canvas. From what it seems she is either in scenes with Jason, carly, Kristina or Shiloh or dayplayers. Rarely with anyone else not Jason adjacent.

Alexis - rarely

molly - Never

Curtis - Her business partner she never sees

Drew - never

julian - never. Last time was when she yelled at him to leave sonny's house

lucas - never. She is the godmother to a kid she also doesnt see.

maxie - never

Her most balanced writing was when her and jason break up or when he was dead.

• Love 7
(edited)

Epiphany is good to see, too bad it's about Franco/

I am not feeling Becky's acting in these "worried about Franco" scenes.  The stuff on Friday wasn't good and the stuff today with Chase/Drew.  Meh.  What is with her odd enunciation choices on certain words?  This has always bugged me.  Monaco & Miller can't enunciate and Becky sometimes over does it.

I guess she was good with Roho.

Swickard is not good.  His line delivery is interesting.

Drew is wallpaper, but we know that.  Changing Liz's diaper on GH.

Edited by Hater

Uh, how old is Danny supposed to be? Because I'd have pegged him at 8-10 years old. And none of the toys strewn around Sam's place looked like anything my kid would have played with when he was 8-10.  And the super-special book that has him falling asleep so fast? He's too old for that.  (And yes, some of the toys would have been Scout's, but they made a point of saying Scout and Danny pulled out all of their toys, so some of them had to have been Danny's.)

The editing seemed off today, when it came to everything about Sam. Sudden cuts/scene beginnings. Was it just me that felt that way?

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Uh, how old is Danny supposed to be? Because I'd have pegged him at 8-10 years old. And none of the toys strewn around Sam's place looked like anything my kid would have played with when he was 8-10.  And the super-special book that has him falling asleep so fast? He's too old for that.  (And yes, some of the toys would have been Scout's, but they made a point of saying Scout and Danny pulled out all of their toys, so some of them had to have been Danny's.)

The editing seemed off today, when it came to everything about Sam. Sudden cuts/scene beginnings. Was it just me that felt that way?

He's suppose to be 7 in June but the child actor who portrays him plays Danny as if he is still in PREK so it's hard to tell what age they are going for.

My guess is FV is so desperate to sell JaSam as some sort of family, that he told  the prop department to get as many toys as possible whether they were age appropriate or not to sell this sham of a family.  Not to mention the Disney pimping with Lighting McQueen on the floor.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Hater said:

My guess is FV is so desperate to sell JaSam as some sort of family, that he told  the prop department to get as many toys as possible whether they were age appropriate or not to sell this sham of a family.  Not to mention the Disney pimping with Lighting McQueen on the floor.

THIS. My cousin's son was obsessed with Lightning McQueen when he turned 4.  I agree with the point though that we're not really supposed to think about how old Danny is. 

I will guess that the sudden scene(s) of JaSam being focused on the house/family is to emphasize that the Sam-Kristina scene was "all a lie" and because Drew has been so good with his nephew/Jason's *other* son Jake, and little Aiden recently ... not to mention teen Cam.

• Love 3

Well at least, I appreciated this bit of dialogue.

Chase: So Franco is innocent.

Laura: Franco is not the killer.

Because if he isn't guilty of these series of murders, he is still guilty of other.

So the cult has some stupid tattoos on their members.

• Love 2

I feel the other way around, like FV and the writers are being really lazy about selling Jasam. Or the most unimaginative way possible might be the better word.

T-shirt in frigid March weather? Check.

Danny mention? Check.

Bad man for Jasam to battle? Check.

Strew some toys around, check.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel the other way around, like FV and the writers are being really lazy about selling Jasam. Or the most unimaginative way possible might be the better word.

T-shirt in frigid March weather? Check.

Danny mention? Check.

Bad man for Jasam to battle? Check.

Strew some toys around, check.

You missed the awful duck kissing: CHECK

Either way its horrendous and it needs to be put to death.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The show has been creatively bankrupt for years. No one cares what happens or how it's written.

I had to laugh when Jason yelled for Carly in the parking lot. 

Today was so boring.

• Love 4

I am not feeling Trina. 

That serial killer Fercliff kept in the boiler room must have had an entire fucking construction crew in there with him to build a mechanized door and tunnel of that quality. 

They should let Cameron be the hero in Niagra Falls.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I am 99% sure Jason wouldn't be able to pick Kevin out of a lineup. Why does he get to be the savior of the Kevin/Ryan story?

So we can get the 4,746th scene of Carly telling Jason how he's her very best friend and she knew--she KNEW--he'd find her. 

Jasam just having a casual night in with the kids (SCOUT IS NOT JASON'S, WRITERS.  STOP TRYING TO IMPLY THAT!!) and she's got her assinine high-heeled booties on.  GMAFB.  Also, all those strewn toys looked like they were for a toddler, not someone Danny's age.  Also, stupid. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So we can get the 4,746th scene of Carly telling Jason how he's her very best friend and she knew--she KNEW--he'd find her. 

Jasam just having a casual night in with the kids (SCOUT IS NOT JASON'S, WRITERS.  STOP TRYING TO IMPLY THAT!!) and she's got her assinine high-heeled booties on.  GMAFB.  Also, all those strewn toys looked like they were for a toddler, not someone Danny's age.  Also, stupid. 

I know no one is ever going to know what Jason said because heaven forbid Jason ever be honest with Sam but I'm never going to see Jason "bonding" with Scout as anything other than Jason finding yet another way to take everything away from his brother without having to lift a finger. You could have been mine, my ass. 

• Love 9

I will say that was the fakest and dumbest looking tattoo that Daisy has. At least, Shiloh is creepy enough for the role but the whole storyline needs to leave my screen and quick.

I nope MB & LW are okay. The weren’t on today. Isn’t it like in their contract they have to be on everyday? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am not feeling Trina. 

We get so few persons of color on this show, why does this one have to be so...shady?  I'm so glad there are no romantic sparks between her and Cam.  He deserves better.

Today I was amused by Liz asking how Ryan could possibly be alive.  This, from a woman who has had at least one husband and one ex-boyfriend come back from the dead.

I believe the only reason Kevin wanted to stay behind in the basement was so he could finally have some privacy to go to the bathroom.  It’s been a long two days, y’all!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Why did Jason and Carly (and perhaps Franco) have to be inserted into the Ryan story?   I am so sick of LW's face seemingly in every plot and rue the day that SBu returned.  What's the point of his character - to save damsels in distress and to commit felonies for his mob boss?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Hater said:

The struggle is real for Jason/Burton.

OMG I nearly fell off the sofa watching his face during that scene. He looked sooo perplexed! UCG indeed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Today I was amused by Liz asking how Ryan could possibly be alive.  This, from a woman who has had at least one husband and one ex-boyfriend come back from the dead.

And her son!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
9 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

We get so few persons of color on this show, why does this one have to be so...shady?  I'm so glad there are no romantic sparks between her and Cam.  He deserves better.

The soaps are so bad when it comes to the person of color. There are usually one or maybe two of a larger group. They don't really have a storyline and are props. Jessie and Angie (AMC) & Neil & Dru (Y&R) are the rare case. I will give GH credit they have Curtis, Jordan & Stella. I can't count nuTJ since he's never on and Valerie is gone. Back in the 80's their was Bryan & Claudia. They hung around Scotty & Laura but never really had a storyline but they did get a wedding.

Just now, ByaNose said:
Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

OMG I nearly fell off the sofa watching his face during that scene. He looked sooo perplexed! UCG indeed.

The only thing missing was him tilting his head like a confused puppy.

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am not feeling Trina. 

We get so few persons of color on this show, why does this one have to be so...shady? 

Why is she shady?  She wanted to give Oscar and Joss private time and came up with an excuse--which she quickly let Cam in on.  And then they watched Mary Poppins.  Seems perfectly fine to me.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that was the fakest and dumbest looking tattoo that Daisy has.

I know. It was SO dark. It cracked me up. And then Sam's finely detailed drawing of it also made me laugh.

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am not feeling Trina. 

I don't think she's shady so much as not very well acted. She's supposed to be someone who everyone thinks is the party animal and a free spirit, and in reality is pretty down-to-earth and sensible. She was the one who brought up the logistics of the road trip. But I agree it's nice there are no romantic sparks between her and Cam, just because it's too convenient. I don't like that Cam is still carrying a (dim) torch for Joss, but it's GH. Carly's daughter will never be undesired by all.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I will say that was the fakest and dumbest looking tattoo that Daisy has.

I know. It was SO dark. It cracked me up. And then Sam's finely detailed drawing of it also made me laugh.

She saw it for half a second and has that kind of recall.  Because, of course.

I'm sure she'll get that right off to Spinelli, who will discover it means "DEATH TO SAM!" in some ancient language.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

As a woman of color i would live to see more representation. But I also dont want to see caricatures. I feel like the old TJ and old Jordan had good chem but the recasts seem disconnected. 

The more this cult thing goes on the lamer it sounds lol. 

• Love 4

Joss seemed surprised that her friend likes Cam, and also jealous but trying to shake off the feelings of jealousy. It amuses me that the Josslyn and Cam actors as well as characters seem to have much better chemistry/connection on-screen than Josslyn and Oscar. Also, it strains credibility that Oscar is supposed to be dying when he doesn't look remotely sick or act like he has any pain.

8 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I thought the same thing considering that first love/now ex-husband Lucky, her son Jake, her dear friend Robin, both of Robin's parents, her late best friend and also ex-lover's brother AJ Quartermaine (whom she then started dating!), her ex-lover Jason and her ex-husband Ric have all been presumed and/or "confirmed" dead only to come back in the years she's been living in Port Charles.  

It's just stupid that she would be that incredulous. I did, however, enjoy seeing Laura exert authority (more than nuJordan has IMO!) and start directing Chase about what he needed to do. Chase should have shown a stronger reaction though, like an "oh damn!" look or *something* at the possibility that he was very recently in the same room with Ryan and now Ryan is out in the world endangering others. He was way too calm and non-urgent, given how Laura was obviously frantic.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

It shows how stupid he truly is and looks on screen all the time. 

Edited by Hater

This is maybe the dumbest thing to be annoyed by, I realize. But I was super annoyed by how inefficiently Sam and Jason cleaned up those toys. From what I've witnessed, parents of small kids can clear a living room full of toys in less than a minute. I know, I know. It's a dumb thing to notice. There are obviously bigger plot holes here. It just bugged the hell out of me.

• Love 4