Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, Linny said:

We finally get confirmation that Jason is aware of what's going on with Franco, and his only comment is...Carly shouldn't think about such awful things because it's bad for her baby, whose safety is paramount. I want to throw something, y'all. 

Franco admitted that the tumor excuse was a lie, and claimed he was still serial killing people - and Jason's too busy to kill him? What is the point of being a professional murderer if he's going to waste opportunities like this?!1!?!1!

I don't think there's any way this baby  isn't a tock. Which make me think the writers knocked up Carly just to give Jason an excuse to ignore Franco's confession.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

The strong lead on this show needs to be Laura, the new mayor and long time resident of PC. When she’s rescued and back with her fine husband, Kevin, they can lead this city back to the city we all know and love. Ha.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah, I don't get what the whole point of this "Franco can't tell Liz about his insane plan with Jordan to draw out the killer!" nonsense was because 1) it's already over and 2) Liz really never lost faith in him, she wavered for like five seconds if that.  Their relationship is not only so toxic and damaging to Liz's character, but it's so boring, this is the same crap we have to sit through every late winter/early spring.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Yeah, I don't get what the whole point of this "Franco can't tell Liz about his insane plan with Jordan to draw out the killer!" nonsense was because 1) it's already over and 2) Liz really never lost faith in him, she wavered for like five seconds if that.  Their relationship is not only so toxic and damaging to Liz's character, but it's so boring, this is the same crap we have to sit through every late winter/early spring.

To give Franco some sort of material. That's about it. Now it's time for RHo to travel back to NYC, occasionally returning so he can tape some filler material for Franco and Liz until next winter. At least this story wasn't so terrible as last year, when we had to witness this:

Edited by ulkis
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, Linny said:

We finally get confirmation that Jason is aware of what's going on with Franco, and his only comment is...Carly shouldn't think about such awful things because it's bad for her baby, whose safety is paramount. I want to throw something, y'all.

Seriously. No, I'm going by now to check on Jake or any comment about his son that's been living with a supposedly cured but recently re-activated serial killer that he's always hated? It's so lazy and pathetic. Just like when Lulu was injured and while they mentioned Dante nobody mentioned Luke or Lucky once. It really doesn't take that much to maintain these familial connections in passing. It's one of the million reasons the show is so terrible. That's what was so great about soaps, everyone was always connecting and in a way that made sense, not a convoluted, surface way that allowed a few characters to but into every story and play savior. 

• Love 5

If they're going to spend the next seven months having people tell Carly that she comes first and can't get stressed because she's such a delicate flower, I'm going to have to nope out of this show.

Ha ha ha to Jason being willing to throw Kristina under the bus so that Carly should be spared one moment's stress.  You do know that Kristina is Sonny's daughter and your True Love's sister, right Jason?

The hero of the day was Robert telling Peter off. He deserves worse. He had one job, to kill Patient 6. Think of what I would have been spared if he had just done it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

So if Anna was patient 1, does that mean Alex, Kevin, Ryan and Drew were patients 1-5? And they’re now retconning the whole  Helena and Faison took Drew because he looked just like Jason story?

ryan, I’m begging you. Please, please PLEASE kill Carly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So if Anna was patient 1, does that mean Alex, Kevin, Ryan and Drew were patients 1-5?

Yes.

37 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

And they’re now retconning the whole  Helena and Faison took Drew because he looked just like Jason story?

This hasn't been explained yet, but it's possible they'll handwave that Helena and Faison were working with the DMZ or whatever it is so the twin study happened with their knowledge and approval.

Port Charles has a mob boss, a hit man, and 2 serial killers, yet the city is overrun by annoying pests. Carly, Lulu, and Kristina. Not to mention Lucy Coe. At the very least they should be detained in a secure room in Ferncliff's basement until they yammer and bitch each other to death.

I wonder why both GH and Days are doing stories with serial killers in love and Y&R and Days have stories about men wrapped in rugs and buried. I'm not sure about B&B (some of their faces are too scary to watch). Have the writers run out of ideas? It's odd that the duplicate stories are running concurrently. Perhaps we should be judging who's doing what best?

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Damn.....thanks for that reminder. 😞  Just keep my favorite away from their toxicity. 

I cried.

You need to start agenda-wanting Lucky to be recast! That'll help people stop saying that Drew and Liz have chemistry, heh.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I cried.

You need to start agenda-wanting Lucky to be recast! That'll help people stop saying that Drew and Liz have chemistry, heh.

They do work well together (Billy also works well with most of the female cast, so this isn't a deal breaker to me, so meh)  but nope will never ship Liz and Drew together.  Drew needs a Jason less female and have his own thing.  Liz is just as much a succubus like Sam is and acts like a mother in all her relationships.

Lucky needs to come back regardless.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If they're going to spend the next seven months having people tell Carly that she comes first and can't get stressed because she's such a delicate flower, I'm going to have to nope out of this show.

Ha ha ha to Jason being willing to throw Kristina under the bus so that Carly should be spared one moment's stress.  You do know that Kristina is Sonny's daughter and your True Love's sister, right Jason?

The hero of the day was Robert telling Peter off. He deserves worse. He had one job, to kill Patient 6. Think of what I would have been spared if he had just done it.

Kristina is honestly so lucky that she is Sonny's daughter as well as Sam's sister, because if she wasn't related to Sonny and/or Carly Jason wouldn't have gone to even this much "trouble" for her. (Such as it is. And Jason isn't even doing anything, Sam is the one that's running the "con.")

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

At least this story wasn't so terrible as last year, when we had to witness this:

Well, if you want to talk about terrible, I think this one wins the prize. Not only was he terrible on his own, once Shirley Jones showed up, his awfulness really shone. And we also need to remember this was post-surgery, after all his murderous instincts were supposed to have been cured.

Edited by rur
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Linny said:
22 hours ago, Linny said:

Continuity problem: Lulu said Deborah Jones and Suzanne Smith were murdered in Texas at the time Ryan was known to live there, yet Suzanne's license that Ryan was holding said it was issued in 2006. I don't why I'm bothered that the show gets the small details wrong when heaven knows they can't get the big details right either, but here I am, complaining anyway.

And it said she was born in 1995. So she got the license when she was 11?? Lol how old was she when he killed her? Geez 

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, Linny said:

Continuity problem: Lulu said Deborah Jones and Suzanne Smith were murdered in Texas at the time Ryan was known to live there, yet Suzanne's license that Ryan was holding said it was issued in 2006. I don't why I'm bothered that the show gets the small details wrong when heaven knows they can't get the big details right either, but here I am, complaining anyway.

Because the show doesn't even bother to catch any of the small details (and this has been the case in JFP/Guza era "coast of Boliva" anyone?) is precisely why they aren't catching any of the big ones. I wanted to bring this one up for a while: Van Halen had a legendary rider where no brown M&Ms were allowed. If there were brown M&Ms, the promoter forfeits the entire show at full price.  Turns out, it wasn't Van Halen being a bunch of self indulgent drama queens, but an indicator that promoters hadn't read the rider, which not only included M&Ms, but complicated technical instructions for their enormous stage shows. If they saw brown M&Ms, there was an almost certainity that stage wasn't set up properly, which was life and death. On better regarded shows like Stranger Things, Millie Bobby Brown made a comment that the costumes were down to the 80s underwear and Stephen Colbert made a comment about having the same bed sheets in the 80s as was on Eleven's pillow fort. What does this all mean? While I show like GH can't police everything to the details of Stranger Things, they refuse to watch out for little details that stuck out like sore thumbs to viewers, and dismiss said viewers when these mistakes are noted. I remember joking on this board about waiting for them to rewrite their history establish at the beginning of an episode by the end of the episode. All joking aside, it seems like they don't care, especially about the quality of their show across the board. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 6

Elizabeth's "my husband" comment to Chase is b.s. As far as I know, you have to have someone with a certification do your wedding ceremony as well as 2 witnesses present for the vow exchange, in order for it be to real and legal. I don't think what Drew did for Elizabeth and Franco can be acceptable as legally valid. 

Laura and Kevin are more than intelligent enough to realize they should *turn off the boiler* to make the building get cold so someone will come down there and find them. The plot point stupidity is so lazy. I realize that Kevin can't see, but his nonchalance about being trapped when he knows Ryan could come back at any time and kill them is just ...bad writing.  You can ask Laura to come sit with you because "I miss you"  AFTER you're free. Sheesh.

Lulu isn't concerned that her hovering, protective mother isn't answering her phone/ seems MIA??

Elizabeth tells Chase that Franco names "Ryan Chamberlin" as the killer, after Chase saw "Kevin's" hand hurt and heard his cover story about trying to stop Franco, and then is just like "hmm, how could a dead man do it." Ugh, sooo stupid. When Chase went into Elizabeth's house, I really missed Dante (and Lucky). Lucky understood that insane stuff happens in Port Charles all the time. 

Felicia, Mac and Lucy should be the ones confronting Ryan ...er "Kevin" at his car. Mac or especially Lucy when written properly in character would get in Kevin's face within moments and demand to know what on God' green earth is he thinking by running off to marry Ava. I'm just going to assume this stupid plot of Carly confronting him means she gets thrown in the trunk and eventually gets saved but has a miscarriage. Cue the *poor poor braveandstrong Carly* chorus.  Ughhhh.

• Love 3

Laura and Kevin are more than intelligent enough to realize they should *turn off the boiler* to make the building get cold so someone will come down there and find them. The plot point stupidity is so lazy.

Using paper (carly and jason) when they have china.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Because the show doesn't even bother to catch any of the small details (and this has been the case in JFP/Guza era "coast of Boliva" anyone?) is precisely why they aren't catching any of the big ones. I wanted to bring this one up for a while: Van Halen had a legendary rider where no brown M&Ms were allowed. If there were brown M&Ms, the promoter forfeits the entire show at full price.  Turns out, it wasn't Van Halen being a bunch of self indulgent drama queens, but an indicator that promoters hadn't read the rider, which not only included M&Ms, but complicated technical instructions for their enormous stage shows. If they saw brown M&Ms, there was an almost certainity that stage wasn't set up properly, which was life and death. 

I could see paying closer attention to the complicated equipment and less to the food, but that's clever. 

20 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth tells Chase that Franco names "Ryan Chamberlin" as the killer, after Chase saw "Kevin's" hand hurt and heard his cover story about trying to stop Franco, and then is just like "hmm, how could a dead man do it." Ugh, sooo stupid. When Chase went into Elizabeth's house, I really missed Dante (and Lucky). Lucky understood that insane stuff happens in Port Charles all the time. 

Citizens of Port Charles should generally understand that dead people can return. I remember laughing when sometime in the late 90s Stefan said to Laura, "We have to consider the possibility that Stavros is alive" and she reacted as if that was a thing that was perfectly reasonable to expect.  

• Useful 2
21 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Elizabeth's "my husband" comment to Chase is b.s. As far as I know, you have to have someone with a certification do your wedding ceremony as well as 2 witnesses present for the vow exchange, in order for it be to real and legal. I don't think what Drew did for Elizabeth and Franco can be acceptable as legally valid.

Some states only require one witness (the guard) and Drew said he got ordained (easy to do online), so it's probably legal.  Now if it will last is another story...

Hey Ryan, find a barrel, put Carly in it and toss it over the Falls.  Pretty please?  I'll never ask you for anything ever again.  You like barrels, you put Mary Pat in one.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I will say the shutting of the trunk door and Carly standing there was a good ending. That said, I think Carly and her beautiful hair may end up in said trunk if Ryan has anything to say about it. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That said, I think Carly and her beautiful hair may end up in said trunk if Ryan has anything to say about it. LOL!!!!

But how?  (I mean, I know it will happen) but Carly's a big girl, unlike someone like Liz where Cameron could pick her up and put her in the trunk if he wanted to.  Do we really beleive Ryan could get Carly into that trunk?

• LOL 2
54 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But how?  (I mean, I know it will happen) but Carly's a big girl, unlike someone like Liz where Cameron could pick her up and put her in the trunk if he wanted to.  Do we really beleive Ryan could get Carly into that trunk?

Oh, I'm sure Ryan has a needle at the ready to stab in her neck or whereever. Minor detail.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Penguins are in the trunk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

My first thought when they showed Sonny on Turkey was, "what is that douche canoe doing? I hate him so much." Then, during that stupid fight scene where he flipped the table and stole some guy's gun, I was laughing. It looked like some nerd's fantasy scene that you see in movies where he is the hero but still looks like an uber dork in the process. Anyway, then my heart skipped a beat when Robert effin Scorpio saved Sonny's hide. I mean, naturally I would have been fine with him dying, but since that won't happen, it makes me happy that a real badass had to save him.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Robert effin Scorpio saved Sonny's hide.

Crap.  I may have to re-evaluate my Scorpio love.  Put a bullet in him, Robert.  You can say anything happened, who would know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hee, we unlocked action sequence Sonny today! This version was as laughable and unrealistic as it gets, but it was stupid in a fun way. I wish Robert didn't have to hang out with Sonny, but I'll forgive it since they were working on behalf of Dante (and since the alternative to Robert assisting here would probably be Jason, I'm content with Robert).

How fortuitous for Laura and Kevin that they were stashed in their very own escape room, clues and all. I'm going to overlook the plausibility of no employee at Ferncliff ever discovering those clues or the freaking TUNNEL attached to the building and just be happy that Laura and Kevin are getting to rescue themselves.

Ryan mocking the many, many marriages of Carly and Sonny was fantastic. Despite my complaints about this story, I think Ryan himself has been an asset. He's murdered one of my least favorite characters, set up a romance with Ava that's sure to end in fireworks, and been unafraid to call characters on their shit. That makes him more valuable than a lot of other characters I could mention.

• Love 12

Too Jordan didn't use her thumbprint to unlock her phone. Curtis could have been saved a trip to PCPD. And why did they play over Franco's voicemail so the audience could hear it again?

Now I will admit that Carly is one of my favorite characters but even I found it ridiculous that Ryan just knocked her out instead of just killing her.

First Lulu. Then Franco. Now Carly.

He is slipping.

See, it only takes Felicia having a heated conversation with Ryan to finally realize what the hell is going on.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Now I will admit that Carly is one of my favorite characters but even I found it ridiculous that Ryan just knocked her out instead of just killing her.

First Lulu. Then Franco. Now Carly.

He is slipping.

I have a feeling that Ryan will give Carly to Ava as a wedding gift.  He knows how much Ava hates her and in his warped mind he fells that giving Ava the "wedding gift" of killing her enemy would be the most romantic gift ever.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

I wish Ryan would give Carly to me as a gift. It was my birthday last week, it's not too late!

While it's great to see Laura and Kevin together again, the Escape Room Adventures are so badly written.  Crazed serial killer Archie Danzinger (an outrage to my old psych prof Kurt Danzinger) was imprisoned in the boiler room of Ferncliffe (I guess space was at a premium then) and left a message to anyone who might follow him there on how to get out. (We got that CU = copper before Kevin did.) But what an amazing pipe that was, to still be around more than 100 years after Danzinger escaped. Did Ferncliffe never need to replace it? That one copper pipe amongst all the rest?

Sonny asked Robert why he was there when it was dangerous for him to be in Turkey and Robert replied that yes but he owed Sonny for Robin. Didn't Sonny once shoot at Robin? So wouldn't the payback have been shooting at Sonny rather than saving his life?

32 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ryan mocking the many, many marriages of Carly and Sonny was fantastic. Despite my complaints about this story, I think Ryan himself has been an asset. He's murdered one of my least favorite characters, set up a romance with Ava that's sure to end in fireworks, and been unafraid to call characters on their shit. That makes him more valuable than a lot of other characters I could mention.

I'm really going to miss Ryan. He was the Truth Speaker I only wish that he could take Carly with him but I'll settle for eliminating the future Corinthos spawn even if it results in endless wailing from Carly & Co.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

This is Ava's third serial killer lover.

Lady has a type.

Actually, Griffin might've made more sense as an intentional attempt to pivot after realizing she'd hit a serial killer trifecta and that she and her baby daddy had conceived her second child on the literal grave of the man they murdered

9 minutes ago, bannana said:
Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have a feeling that Ryan will give Carly to Ava as a wedding gift.  He knows how much Ava hates her and in his warped mind he fells that giving Ava the "wedding gift" of killing her enemy would be the most romantic gift ever.

Ryan fantasized about this a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if Carly and Sva will team up together now that Carly knows and Ava will soon know that Kevin is actually Ryan.

14 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Ryan fantasized about this a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if Carly and Sva will team up together now that Carly knows and Ava will soon know that Kevin is actually Ryan.

And after the end Ryan, Carly will still find a way to bitch at Ava and possibly even blame her for all of this.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And after the end Ryan, Carly will still find a way to bitch at Ava and possibly even blame her for all of this.

And somehow use this to keep Avery with her and Sonny permanently.

• Love 1

And will blame Ava for, I'm assuming, the death of her current unborn sprog.  "That's another child you've taken away from me and Sonny, you bitch!".  Ugh, just kill her, Ryan, and spare us all.

• Love 10
(edited)
53 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

death of her current unborn sprog.

I don't know.  I think it's too early for them to write out Carly's spawn.  They need hours more of dialog, "Carly, you must not get stressed.  Carly, you're as old as hell for having a baby.  Carly, you're doing so well despite your swollen ankles -- you're brave, strong and love with your whole uterus!"  They're going to call this geriatric pregnancy crap "groundbreaking" and Emmy worthy. 

Meanwhile, isn't it convenient how the Mike story just ends, he's packed off to a care home and forgotten.  "Send us a postcard sometime, Mike."

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

Ankara is a hashish bar? Nice cultural cliché there, writers. And those cards! Sonny trying to be a player was excruciating. I had secondhand embarrassment watching those scenes.

If Sonny says "my son" one more time I'm going to scream. He has a name. It's Dante. USE IT. Good grief.

I can't believe Ryan didn't kill Carly. She was right there. At least he put tape over her mouth.

Laura and Kevin's escape was super dumb, but enjoyably so.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Carly, you're as old as hell for having a baby.  Carly, you're doing so well despite your swollen ankles -- you're brave, strong and love with your whole uterus!" 

Can GH please hire Ciarra as a writer? I really prefer this dialogue over everything any character has said to Carly in many months. (I did enjoy Ryan shading Carly and Sonny's multiple marriages today to shut down her criticism about being engaged to Ava.)

• Love 4

My goodness, today's ep was engaging because it was so off the chain stupid.

Sonny-action hero? Please.

Everyone's brain starts working at the same time? Really?

Carly as wedding present? Only if Ryan offed her first.

And he didn't toss her in the convenient trash container? Why not?

Laura, intrepid ex-wife of Luke, needs help escaping? 

Secret tunnel? Nope.

GH is a comedy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I felt so sorry for TR in the "climax" of the Turkey scenes. It took Maurice so long to spit out his lines while everyone was holding up guns that Tristan's arms must have been killing him!

My prediction of the Carly situation is that after she is rescued but loses the baby is that Sonny will blame her for putting HIS CHILD in danger because of her nosiness. We know Jax is coming back any minute, and Sonny has his ongoing flirtation with the D.A., so this will give the show a chance to shake things up again. 

I felt so sorry for TR in the "climax" of the Turkey scenes. It took Maurice so long to spit out his lines while everyone was holding up guns that Tristan's arms must have been killing him!

My prediction of the Carly situation is that after she is rescued but loses the baby is that Sonny will blame her for putting HIS CHILD in danger because of her nosiness. We know Jax is coming back any minute, and Sonny has his ongoing flirtation with the D.A., so this will give the show a chance to shake things up again. 

• Love 1
(edited)

On one hand, I liked that they FINALLY played that beat with Lucy because it's how I feel she's always felt.  That she was able to wish Kevin well with Laura because Laura's a good person and she makes him happy, but that in the back of her mind, she never gave up hope that she and Doc would find their way back to each other someday (not unreasonable given the amount of times they've broken up and reunited) and that that hope would really reignite once Kevin and Laura split.

But the timing almost feels too little, too late.  Because I can't believe Lucy would have been this passive about taking her shot or even confronting Kevin about his behavior, particularly once she found out about him and Ava.  It just feels like the writers were like, "Well crap, we guess we gotta slide Lucy into the story before it's over."  So yeah.  But I thought Lynn Herring was good in these scenes and is looking very pretty.

Kristina Wagner is not the world's greatest actress, but she was really good playing the echo of past trauma in that moment when "Kevin" repeated a phrase Ryan had used.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

On one hand, I liked that they FINALLY played that beat with Lucy because it's how I feel she's always felt.  That she was able to wish Kevin well with Laura because Laura's a good person and she makes him happy, but that in the back of her mind, she never gave up hope that she and Doc would find their way back to each other someday (not unreasonable given the amount of times they've broken up and reunited) and that that hope would really reignite once Kevin and Laura split.

But the timing almost feels too little, too late.  Because I can't believe Lucy would have been this passive about taking her shot or even confronting Kevin about his behavior, particularly once she found out about him and Ava.  It just feels like the writers were like, "Well crap, we guess we gotta slide Lucy into the story before it's over."  So yeah.  But I thought Lynn Herring was good in these scenes and is looking very pretty.

Kristina Wagner is not the world's greatest actress, but she was really good playing the echo of past trauma in that moment when "Kevin" repeated a phrase Ryan had used.

Yeah, KW's voice has annoyed me but she really was good when she "knew". The flashback really helped but she played it out so well.

• Love 6