Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Watching clips and listening to Liz whine about Franco.  Torture. Drew holding a tea kettle and listening to this shit!

Franco gets to take down Ryan and of course

Spoiler

Jason too..blah!

Edited by Hater
19 minutes ago, ciarra said:

They took Jordan to surgery due to her blood pressure spiking, due to kidney damage.  It just seems silly to me that Curtis is completely blindsided by the outcome.

I thought he was just alarmed because he knows the other kidney is in peril as well.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ryan claims he had to stab Franco in self defence

This right here should tell everyone something is terribly wrong: What doctor would EVER stab a patient who's in a secure (well...) hospital? FFS.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And it almost feels like Kiki was killed so, in this part of the story, there could be a lot of, "Well Franco might have killed those randoms, but he'd NEVER kill Kiki."  Whatever.

"So there's no way he can be the killer!"

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Based on the description of today, does sound like the Ryan story is (w)rapping up.  Do we think he'll take anyone else out before he's stopped?

One more rando, I'm sure, so who cares. Zzzz.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

Long story short, ryan outted himself to Franco then stabbed him in the stomach.  Franco rolls around on the floor for a bit.  Nurse comes in, Ryan claims he had to stab Franco in self defence, she leaves, Franco and Ryan fight.  Franco knocks Ryan down and runs out of the room, locking Ryan in.  Franco leaves Jordan a voicemail that Ryan's the killer as he runs ot of Ferncliff.

So not only are Ferncliff's staff incompetent to the point that they can't recognize twins and haven't yet noticed that one of their patients is missing, not to mention not reporting to a superior that one of their patients was denied medical treatment from their doctor, now a nurse leaves the room and leaves a stabbing victim that is bleeding alone with the man that stabbed him? This freaking show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

So not only are Ferncliff's staff incompetent to the point that they can't recognize twins and haven't yet noticed that one of their patients is missing, not to mention not reporting to a superior that one of their patients was denied medical treatment from their doctor, now a nurse leaves the room and leaves a stabbing victim that is bleeding alone with the man that stabbed him? This freaking show.

Maybe nurse thought, "well it's just Franco. The world would be better off without him."

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Hater said:

The show just doesn't care.

It's really sad what they have let it become. Everyone can point to different reasons based on what you used to love about GH. 

But I watch YR pretty regularly. And got back into parts of Days last fall. Obviously they both have issues too. But the characters are still recognizable (aside from the Days kids where I get confused who is who) and stories make some sort of sense for the most part.

GH is just a mess. I stopped watching and following anything about it for the most part in 2009. Yes. I came back for Burtons return.... and I didn't recognize half the characters (aside from as actors on other shows).  And I gave up again last Xmas when it became apparent they weren't giving Jason a story with his also back from the dead child. But still reading spoilers/recaps hoping something changes. 

But it just seems to be the same stories over and over again 

oldPhyliss from YR and the guy from AMc get together.  He lies. They breakup. Repeat

OLTL Todd --- feel sorry for him! He had a tumah!

old Carly from ATwT -- some drama  so she can show her chops  (I actually like MW so I don't mind this as much

Sonny, Scam , more random people I don't know-- I don't care 

Carly screeching about something 

GH Vets window dressing 

11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

So not only are Ferncliff's staff incompetent to the point that they can't recognize twins and haven't yet noticed that one of their patients is missing, not to mention not reporting to a superior that one of their patients was denied medical treatment from their doctor, now a nurse leaves the room and leaves a stabbing victim that is bleeding alone with the man that stabbed him?

It's a sad, sad day when you have to say 'yeah, Carly was right about that place.'  Of course, the asterisk on that statement is that her whine was totally self-serving and actually her experience there wasn't that awful (and totally of her own doing).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Maybe nurse thought, "well it's just Franco. The world would be better off without him."

Nurse 2020.

15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's a sad, sad day when you have to say 'yeah, Carly was right about that place.'

But don't forget, the patient Carly was so certain didn't belong there and was being mistreated...was Ryan.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nurse 2020.

But don't forget, the patient Carly was so certain didn't belong there and was being mistreated...was Ryan.

True, true!  And yet somehow when this all comes out she'll take credit on "knowing something was off."  Because Carly.

• Love 2

I wonder the fear and pain of being stabbed by a serial killer will make Franco - and maybe Liz too - reflect on the immense amount of pain and suffering he caused his numerous victims.  ...nah!

Scotty comparing losing Franco to losing Gail was ew.  Go see your daughter(s), Baldwin.

• Love 6

Putting aside the grossness of Franco stumbling away with his life and the knowledge of the true killer, I'm so distracted by the missing connections the show is failing to flesh out. Liz mentions Drew's hospitalization with nary a word about Jason (who as Jake's FATHER should really tear himself away from Shiloh and the contents of Carly's womb to check in on the kid). Lulu, girl reporter extraordinaire, isn't even a little suspicious that her protective mother has fallen off the face of the earth. And of course, there's Franco and Jordan's secret plan that no one else knows about, so Franco has no one to turn to for help. Everything's happening in isolation to extend the life of this mess, and not only is it stupid, it's shitty storytelling. A dominant storyline like this should be drawing on relationships between characters and tying them together, not keeping them in a bubble.

They should have quit while they were ahead and wrapped things up around the time of Lulu's stabbing, which was actually entertaining and unexpected. Switching the focus to Franco and making him hit rock bottom so that he can later have the glory of redemption was a big mistake.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

So, how long have Laura and Kevin been without water now?

I think it's been a day. I often find myself wondering what they do in these situations regarding bathrooms. I mean, in a 7 hour period, provided no one had severe dehydration, someone is going to have to pee. In a full day, you know they are going to have to go. 

I'm wondering what the odds are that Franco will stumble down to the basement, real Kevin will save him, and the three of them will be the ones to take down Ryan.

I'm going to feel so sorry for Ava when all of this is over.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm going to feel so sorry for Ava when all of this is over.

For real. I don't even really like Ava,  but I think the writers are awful for this Ryan stuff. I'll never forgive the show for the gross imagery of Ryan banging Ava while featuring (simultaneously), Kiki wrapped up in bed sheets, dead. 

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think it's been a day. I often find myself wondering what they do in these situations regarding bathrooms. I mean, in a 7 hour period, provided no one had severe dehydration, someone is going to have to pee. In a full day, you know they are going to have to go. 

I mean, they can go anywhere there lol. I don't need them to address that. But if it's a situation where they don't have water, that's a glaring plot point imo.

I . . . will not feel sorry for Ava. The whole reason the relationship came about is she lapped up Ryan telling her to indulge in murderous feelings about her daughter.

• Love 4

Previews...

Frank Valentini: OMG, the climax we're building to this Ryan story is great!  We have Franco nicely positioned front and center.  And all the hard work we did showing Lulu becoming fiction's greatest journalist is paying off.  Just gotta pivot Carly and Jason in and we'll be all set!

Shelly Altman: And having Terry parachute in to listen to Liz's problems and not tell us anything about her life, it was just so progressive and groundbreaking, don't you all think?

Chris Van Etten: (fidgets uncomfortably in his chair)

Frank Valentini: What's up, Chris?

Chris Van Etten: Well...maybe, just maybe now, we could maybe throw Mac and Felicia into the story.  Maybe?

Frank: ...I'm sorry, who?

Chris Van Etten: ...Mac and Felicia?  Felicia was the...original target of Ryan's obsession?  Mac...has been Kevin's best friend for years?  They...know these players better than Franco and Lulu do?  You know, just spit balling, boss.

Frank: I mean, I guess.  Shelly?

Shelly Altman: Hmmm?  Oh, sorry, I'm looking over some scripts for the summer.  I can't decide if Lucas and Brad's fight about the baby swap secret should be relayed on-screen by Michael or Carly...

Frank: Alright, Chris, go ahead and put Matt and Francine in.  But have them be in Lulu's office, basking in the glow of her reporting mastery!

Chris Van Etten (sighs): Sure thing.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
On 2/27/2019 at 3:47 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Based on the description of today, does sound like the Ryan story is (w)rapping up.  Do we think he'll take anyone else out before he's stopped?

I remain deeply bitter that he has not and will not kill Carly. Deeply bitter.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I . . . will not feel sorry for Ava. The whole reason the relationship came about is she lapped up Ryan telling her to indulge in murderous feelings about her daughter.

Same here.  

Those were some enormous mugs Elizabeth used for tea. Hee.

Way to chew the scenery after Franco got stabbed, RoHo. That was some primo chomping.

4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Holy balls, that scene with Franco running in slomo in a hallway that looked like it was filmed on home video was so damn embarrassing. 

Who needs location shooting when your studio can stand in for so many things? LOL.

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess Franco will be fine. Way to blow your shot at redemption,  Ryan!

It still opens up an important discussion that pleagues society; Is serial killer on serial killer voilence actually a crime?...

Edited by Gigi43
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Liz's whiney voice when she's upset is something I can't handle.  Please bring Franco back for that reason alone.

Drew, you'll be right over for Liz's boys. You do have children of your own, ya know. 

11 minutes ago, Hater said:

Drew, you'll be right over for Liz's boys. You do have children of your own, ya know. 

To be fair, he was thisclose to becoming the boys' stepdad a few years ago, he was dad/is now beloved uncle to Liz's middle son. He's been much more of a father to Jake than Jason ever was or will be.  I can fanwank that Drew spends a lot of with Scout because he lives in the Q mansion and Sam is constantly saying that Scout is "at Monica's." He has spent a lot of on-screen time with Oscar. Personally, I would like to see Drew adopt Cameron (and marry Elizabeth, after Franco dies of sepsis from the stab wound). 😛

The line "You do have children of your own" should be applied to Jason; it's times like these I would love for Tracy to say, "why do you continue to get into your late brother's adult son's business, when you have two young sons of your own to parent in the moments when you're not doing Sonny or Carly's bidding."

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

To be fair, he was thisclose to becoming the boys' stepdad a few years ago, he was dad/is now beloved uncle to Liz's middle son. He's been much more of a father to Jake than Jason ever was or will be.  I can fanwank that Drew spends a lot of with Scout because he lives in the Q mansion and Sam is constantly saying that Scout is "at Monica's." He has spent a lot of on-screen time with Oscar. Personally, I would like to see Drew adopt Cameron (and marry Elizabeth, after Franco dies of sepsis from the stab wound). 😛

The line "You do have children of your own" should be applied to Jason; it's times like these I would love for Tracy to say, "why do you continue to get into your late brother's adult son's business, when you have two young sons of your own to parent in the moments when you're not doing Sonny or Carly's bidding."

I get what you're saying but anytime Scout is mentioned Drew acts like he hasn't spent time with her.  Drew needs his own thing and needs to stop worrying about everyone's else problems, especially Liz and Franco when he's walking around with no memories, just went blind, hit a woman with his car, and his kid is dying.  Not that I care about Oscar but he has enough to mine a story from and instead it's this garbage that is about everyone else but him.

This isn't going to do anything for Drew in the end, outside of "oh he's a good guy" (we know that). 

They've done nothing with the character trying to figure out anything about his past.  He should be figuring out Shiloh.  Talking to Anna about the twins.  Knowing that the actor wanted a memory storyline and still hasn't gotten one.....

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

I'm figuring Franco will be healed by Monday's show.  Seems they heal real quick from a stab wound.  Remarkable hospital.  

I think they will milk it and have liz whining and wringing her hands as he lays in the hospital. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering what the odds are that Franco will stumble down to the basement, real Kevin will save him, and the three of them will be the ones to take down Ryan.

Oh, I just assumed he would find and free Laura and Kevin while trying to escape Ferncliff, thereby solidifying him as the 'real hero' of the story *blech* 

• Love 1
(edited)

C'mon, Ryan, it's your last chance because everyone in town grew a brain today (thanks Mac and Felicia!), KILL CARLY!

And Robert dragging LWB/FS, lord was that sexy!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Ooh, pretty good cliffhanger.  I thought it would be Ava catching him, but it's Carly.  So, will Ryan kill her (probably not), or cause her to lose the baby?  Glad this story is finally coming to an end, even though it's been the best of the storylines they have going right now.

• Love 2
Just now, AuxArx said:

Ooh, pretty good cliffhanger.  I thought it would be Ava catching him, but it's Carly.  So, will Ryan kill her (probably not), or cause her to lose the baby?  Glad this story is finally coming to an end, even though it's been the best of the storylines they have going right now.

And this was really only supposed to be the Thursday cliffhanger, right? I think now we have to wait until Monday to see the "Don't. Miss. The. Last. Five. Minutes!" ep that was supposed to be the traditional Friday cliffhanger.

Franco managed to spit out more info before passing out than most victims do on this show. And Liz knew where her own towels were. (On TV, people always have plenty of folded, clean dishtowels in their kitchen.)

• Love 1

Wow, Mac and Felicia, and they're on to talk about Ryan! A writer with some sense must have wrested control of the script today.

"You and your baby are a million times more important than Shiloh." So...fuck Kristina, huh, Jason? Nice way to treat your supposed true love's sister. (And of course Carly isn't satisfied: "Only a million?" Ugh.)

3 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

(On TV, people always have plenty of folded, clean dishtowels in their kitchen.)

Real life talk: I have plenty of folded, clean dishtowels in my kitchen. I went crazy at the Williams-Sonoma outlet a few years ago and bought a half dozen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

We finally get confirmation that Jason is aware of what's going on with Franco, and his only comment is...Carly shouldn't think about such awful things because it's bad for her baby, whose safety is paramount. I want to throw something, y'all.

Continuity problem: Lulu said Deborah Jones and Suzanne Smith were murdered in Texas at the time Ryan was known to live there, yet Suzanne's license that Ryan was holding said it was issued in 2006. I don't why I'm bothered that the show gets the small details wrong when heaven knows they can't get the big details right either, but here I am, complaining anyway.

That brief fantasy of Ryan getting showered with adoration while Felicia sulks on the sidelines was bizarre yet really funny to me. I've enjoyed these intermittent flashes into Ryan's mind, it brings some needed levity to the situation.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"You and your baby are a million times more important than Shiloh." So...fuck Kristina, huh, Jason? Nice way to treat your supposed true love's sister. (And of course Carly isn't satisfied: "Only a million?" Ugh.)

Again proves where his loyalties lie.  Carly>Michael>Sonny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sam.

In conclusion, Sam's a doormat.  BUT AT LEAST SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO WEAR A SKIRT AND SIT AT A DESK LIKE THAT BASTARD DREW MADE HER DO!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm with you, Linny. I live in Texas and the fact that that is our current license rather than the style issued on the 90's is bothering me.

Robert Scorpio telling Peter what's up was my favorite part of today. A close second was Ryan fantasizing about getting an award while Felicia regrets how it could have been her on his arm.

Ryan. Please Ryan. Please, in the name of all General Hospital, kill Carly. Kill her good.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 4

I really wish people would stop telling Carly to take it easy. If she wants to be an idiot and do something that makes her stroke out and/or lose her baby, that's on her.

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

That brief fantasy of Ryan getting showered with adoration while Felicia sulks on the sidelines was bizarre yet really funny to me.

It was funny and bizarre. And rather telling that Ryan is still kind of hung up on Felicia. If he were really over her, I'd think she wouldn't have even been in the fantasy.

"Why do you want to get married tonight?" Ryan lists a bunch of reasons to Ava, but not the most important one: "If we get married, you can't be compelled to testify against me." Though given Ava's vengeful nature, I can totally see her throwing marital privilege out the window. (This assumes Ryan lives long enough to be put on trial, which is highly doubtful, I think.)

That POV from the trunk of Ryan's car was really weird.

• Love 3

I know it's Carly, but why were her and her mounds of hair so self-satisfied in the car garage? Why does she think Kevin owes her any explanations? Whyyyyyyyy.

I have seen the phrase "flounce" in novels, something like "so-and-so flounced out the door" and watching today I think that word applied to Peter perfectly. His hair flounces. His voices flounces. His head flounces. It all flounces.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

When Carly inevitably loses her zygote because she so very clearly doesn't care about her well-being or that of her baby, she better take a seat and shut her yap. 

She's the worst. Nothing is ever enough for her. And she's the female lead of this show. I spit on the idea that a strong woman has to behave like Carly. Whatever the writers are smoking, they need to put it down. And we've had a revolving door of writers and none of them have tried to fix this mess of a woman. 

I am so tired of her.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I know it's Carly, but why were her and her mounds of hair so self-satisfied in the car garage? Why does she think Kevin owes her any explanations? Whyyyyyyyy.

She's Carly, dammit! Everything that goes on in Port Charles directly affects her and is therefore her business.

• LOL 1

Jordan lost only one kidney, right?  Why in the world would she go on a transplant list?  So Curtis or TJ should give her a kidney, leaving them with one, so she can have two?  Unless I missed the part where Jordan's remaining kidney is compromised, this is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

And this was really only supposed to be the Thursday cliffhanger, right? I think now we have to wait until Monday to see the "Don't. Miss. The. Last. Five. Minutes!" ep that was supposed to be the traditional Friday cliffhanger.

Franco managed to spit out more info before passing out than most victims do on this show. And Liz knew where her own towels were. (On TV, people always have plenty of folded, clean dishtowels in their kitchen.)

Franco was giving a dying declaration while Elizabeth is on the phone with the 911 operator!  Why in the world wouldn't she have had him repeat it to the dispatcher? 

Exactly how far is Ferncliff from Elizabeth's house?  FFS!   Even though I know who was at the door, I yelled at the TV when she opened and her husband fell inside.   How did he get there?   He walked all the way with blood pouring out of his stomach?   Did he hail a cab?   COME ON.   I'm rewatching Dark Shadows right now and GH has now surpassed the stupid I see on on that show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, sas616 said:

Exactly how far is Ferncliff from Elizabeth's house?  FFS!   Even though I know who was at the door, I yelled at the TV when she opened and her husband fell inside.   How did he get there?   He walked all the way with blood pouring out of his stomach?   Did he hail a cab?   COME ON.   I'm rewatching Dark Shadows right now and GH has now surpassed the stupid I see on on that show. 

Imagine the story that Uber driver will have at Happy Hour.

• LOL 7
17 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Jordan lost only one kidney, right?  Why in the world would she go on a transplant list?  So Curtis or TJ should give her a kidney, leaving them with one, so she can have two?  Unless I missed the part where Jordan's remaining kidney is compromised, this is ridiculous.

Yes, you missed where the other kidney was compromised as well.  I believe something about grades of damage was mentioned.  Grade 2 damage for the "good" remaining kidney, if I recall correctly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Oh gawd, the idea of actual Kevin having to beg for her forgiveness makes me sick.

• Love 4

Franco staggered on foot to Liz's house, only for her to call the police and an ambulance. ...couldn't the first fucking place he saw do that with less travel time!  

If Ryan 'red weddinged" Carly that would be pretty epic. 

So, Ryan and Ava and Cameron/Joss heading to Niagra falls. They should let Cameron be the hero. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Franco staggered on foot to Liz's house, only for her to call the police and an ambulance. ...couldn't the first fucking place he saw do that with less travel time!  

Staggered on foot, bleeding.

• LOL 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh gawd, the idea of actual Kevin having to beg for her forgiveness makes me sick.

It's probably too much to ask that Carly crows about her fantastic instincts and leaves it at that, right?