Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think the show just wants everyone to accept Franco as a good man.  They have basically stripped the character of anything else but being Joan Cleaver and he and Liz are essentially labeled as a mainstay family on the show imo.  This is what FV has sold for the last 2 years, without fail.  He is raising those kids more than their fathers ever did and its actually shown on screen, unlike the other dads who are portrayed as good dads but only spend time with one kid (see Drew/Jason).  I mean Lassie is in town and never checks up on Jake...ever.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Congrats to Laura and Kevin on the sizes of their bladders, but they'll need to go at least a month without a potty break to beat Peter's record.

Nice to see the hot water heater from Luke's family's basement make an encore appearance.  I really doubt Ferncliffe would have a single household-sized water heater.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I keep waiting for Laura's years of marriage to Luke to pay off somehow in her ability to get away from Ryan, but no. Maybe she is lost without the bag she travelled to Port Charles with in 1993.

ETA: I couldn't resist:

The level of acting in this clip compared to GH these days...incredible.

• Love 2
On 2/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, Hater said:

Well in the preview Sam is at the hospital with Shiloh and Drew/Borg both in hospital beds. I take it that Sam won't bother to check on the father of her unwanted daughter.

Her daughter was never unwanted.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Her daughter was never unwanted.

Unfortunately, the way Sam is written these days, I don't buy that Scout is something she wants in her life or she should have.  

If the writers are going to keep having her drop her children off at Monica's so she can play out her stupid P.I. fantasies then this is how I will continue to feel about the character.  It's especially bad when prior to Burton's return she was crying every episode about wanting her "family"  and being "safe" but has no problem not being an actual mother now.  The writers can't do a 180 on a character like this all the time and expect me to buy it. The way it comes across on screen is that Sam's kids are in the way of her living out her dangerous lifestyle that she wants and needs.  Remember Aurora was not good enough for Sam because apparently she was not herself, safe was not her. Yes, other kids are not shown because of filming purposes or whatever but when you write the character dropping off her kids to do some stupid investigation then that's a different story.  It's not like they're just in the attic and can't be shown.  Sam appears to be choosing to do stupid shit over taking care of her kids. This Shiloh thing is the perfect example. He has done nothing wrong, yet the leather twins are going AFTER him and choosing themselves to investigate and get involved in a potentially dangerous situation.  This does the character zero favors.

Maxie is the same way.  Why did they bother to give her 2 kids when she doesn't even have custody of the first one?

I also don't find anything particularly warm about Sam as a mom on screen.  There's just zero connection between her and the kids.  It was a bit better when Billy was playing the role of Jason as a daddy because he works really well with the child actors.  JaSam played by Kelly and Steve do not exude much connection with their on screen kids.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 15
44 minutes ago, Hater said:

Maxie is the same way.  Why did they bother give her 2 kids when she doesn't even have custody of the first one?

This one I know. So fucking Nina and Obrecht have a reason to be around Maxie.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This one I know. So fucking Nina and Obrecht have a reason to be around Maxie.

Yep because why doesn't she have joint custody of Georgie with Spinelli? He wouldn't fight her on it.  

It never made any sense to me that she has limited visitation rights of her daughter (by her own choice it seems) going back to when she first got married with Nathan.

• Love 3

As Stats said and maybe because I work in a very old building and have to deal with this stuff but...

There is a boiler RIGHT BEHINDTHEM. Just. Turn. It. Off. Someone will be down in that room within the hour.  UGH!

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Yep because why doesn't she have joint custody of Georgie with Spinelli? He wouldn't fight her on it. 

Because the idiotic judge gave Spin full custody to punish Maxie for lying about Georgie's paternity when Lulu and Dante sued her because they thought it was their baby. It was all so stupid, and Maxie was supposed to be able to petition for custody after a bit, but I think she thought it wouldn't be good for Georgie because Georgie was settled with Spin and Ellie in Portland.

• Love 1

If Sam was doing anything remotely soapy while her kids were at Monica's maybe I wouldn't care so much. Instead the audience is subjected to a boring mind numbing PEE-EYE investigation as both actors half ass through every single scene and just go nowhere with it.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 7

Count me in as another viewer who snickerred at Jason's fall down the steps, with his gun drawn. I was hoping he would shoot himself but we do not live in a right universe. Do the writers realize how comedic this show is?

I've been trying to hold back on negative comments about nuJordan but she's just not working as police commissioner or Curtis's true love. The writers are providing no assistance to her. Has PC ever had a competent police commissioner?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, paisley said:

Count me in as another viewer who snickerred at Jason's fall down the steps, with his gun drawn. I was hoping he would shoot himself but we do not live in a right universe. Do the writers realize how comedic this show is?

I've been trying to hold back on negative comments about nuJordan but she's just not working as police commissioner or Curtis's true love. The writers are providing no assistance to her. Has PC ever had a competent police commissioner?

Robert Scorpio. Even the guy before him (who voiced comissioner Gordon on Batman the animated series) before the show decided to trash his character to make Anna more prominent. Sean Donely (I am convinced one of the reasons he was let go was because the actor came across as so cool, thus tarnishing Sonny's star). Per Mac Scorpio were all very good, until the show decided to take up residency up Sonny's Ass.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because the idiotic judge gave Spin full custody to punish Maxie for lying about Georgie's paternity when Lulu and Dante sued her because they thought it was their baby. It was all so stupid, and Maxie was supposed to be able to petition for custody after a bit, but I think she thought it wouldn't be good for Georgie because Georgie was settled with Spin and Ellie in Portland.

I go back to when Maxie was working for that magazine in Portland and was able to spend time with her daughter.  When her gig was over, there was no reason why she couldn't have stay in Portland to stay closer to Georgie. The only thing that kept her in Port Charles was her family who would have understood and Nathan who could have gotten a job in Portland. 

But instead they both decide to stay in Port Charles.

• Love 2

Absolutely right Ambrosefolly. When Sonny arrived everyone's intelligence quotient had to be downgraded 50%. I believe the commissioner you referred to was Bert Ramsey, decent guy until the writers corrupted him. 

If Jordan survives she should be fired for this half assed scheme. And while she's purging Mayor Laura should dump the useless Margo also. What is her purpose? Her vendetta against Sonny is over, she gave up the Drew memory thing, she doesn't interact with other citizens, so what is she for? Reading the cult book doesn't count for anything. Just because she had a thing with BM in Genoa City doesn't mean it flies in PC. Every time they try that it doesn't work. Patch and Kayla, nope. Mason and Julia, nope. That love won't cross the PC city limits.

18 minutes ago, paisley said:

Absolutely right Ambrosefolly. When Sonny arrived everyone's intelligence quotient had to be downgraded 50%. I believe the commissioner you referred to was Bert Ramsey, decent guy until the writers corrupted him. 

If Jordan survives she should be fired for this half assed scheme. And while she's purging Mayor Laura should dump the useless Margo also. What is her purpose? Her vendetta against Sonny is over, she gave up the Drew memory thing, she doesn't interact with other citizens, so what is she for? Reading the cult book doesn't count for anything. Just because she had a thing with BM in Genoa City doesn't mean it flies in PC. Every time they try that it doesn't work. Patch and Kayla, nope. Mason and Julia, nope. That love won't cross the PC city limits.

I am convinced EH was brought on to usher Billy out in a storyline about Drew giving up borg's secrets to the DA.  I think that changed when Billy re-upped his contract and then for whatever reason Maurice took a liking to her and then teased Margo/Sonny, but went no where with it.  I think because the network someone at ABC/ GH clearly supports Carson like they do JaSam and just don't want to get messy.  I think MB would prefer that Sonny did maybe a little something with Margo.

But I believe EH was originally for Billy and then it got all rewritten.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

So, it took a couple years, but they finally answered the most annoying question from Jason's return.  Who are patients 1 - 5.  Apparently the answer is Anna and Alex Devane, Ryan Chamberlin, Kevin Collins and Andrew Cane.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Hater said:

I keep waiting for Laura's years of marriage to Luke to pay off somehow in her ability to get away from Ryan, but no. Maybe she is lost without the bag she traveled to Port Charles with in 1993.

ETA: I couldn't resist:

The level of acting in this clip compared to GH these days...incredible

Thank you for that Hater, it made me both happy and sad.  That YT clip reminded me that even in 1993, a little past its Zenith, GH was still re-writing the genre.  Real action and adventure in the afternoon.  Damn.  Today's show runners can't pull that off - even worse, they don't even care that they don't have those kind of creative chops.  All we get now is blind Borgs pulling their guns out for no real reason.  And as a TG/Luke fan, it's kinda painful to think there's a whole generation of fans who don't realize how cool he was back in the day (retconned rape S/L aside).  The best reformed character we get now is fucking Franco.  Gag.  Retch.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Hater said:

I am convinced EH was brought on to usher Billy out in a storyline about Drew giving up borg's secrets to the DA.  I think that changed when Billy re-upped his contract and then for whatever reason Maurice took a liking to her and then teased Margo/Sonny, but went no where with it.  I think because the network someone at ABC/ GH clearly supports Carson like they do JaSam and just don't want to get messy.  I think MB would prefer that Sonny did maybe a little something with Margo.

But I believe EH was originally for Billy and then it got all rewritten.

I think it's hilarious that they're saddling Sonny with yet another baby, instead of giving him a hit and miss romance with the much younger woman.

• LOL 2
11 hours ago, paisley said:

I've been trying to hold back on negative comments about nuJordan but she's just not working as police commissioner or Curtis's true love.

This.  I mean, the actress is fine, but just not in this role.  Vinessa brought a bit of gravitas to the role that made you believe that she was once undercover DEA, adulterer, messed up mother, police commissioner.  Brianna doesn't have that, though she'd be great as a doctor.  

It's the same with Emme.  Great actress, but she isn't Lulu.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's hilarious that they're saddling Sonny with yet another baby, instead of giving him a hit and miss romance with the much younger woman.

Given how ambivalent he's been about Carly's pregnancy, I'm not sure this baby won't be a tock. I wouldn't be surprised if this was LW's Emmy bait for 2019.

• Love 2

I’m still not feeling nuJordan. She and her hair drive me nuts. Yes! I know I’m being picky but GH does that to me. She just doesn’t have the believable leadership that VA had. I don’t buy her being in charge. She has nice one on one conversations with Curtis but I don’t feel the sexual chemistry that VA had with him. So, she gets hit by the car and is in a coma for a good few months. At least, until May sweeps I’m guessing for the Ryan/Franco reveal. I don’t think I can wait that long. 

As for the Jason, Sam & Shiloh twirly staircase debacle I have no answers.  Somehow Jason beat them to the place where Sam didn’t even know where they were going. Jason’s GPS is very impressive. Can I buy that on Amazon? Also, why hasn’t Shiloh taken off his shirt yet? What’s the hold up? Ryan Paevey showed his goods his first week. Scruffy Shiloh is in flannel EVERYDAY. Jeez! That said, I’ll be watching Monday because I like to torture myself. How is it that I’ve been watching GH since 1978 and survived? Lots of wine afterwards. It works like a charm. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

IMO there is no way that baby will be born.  The Ryan story hasn't been nearly enough about Carson yet, so I have to imagine that's all about to change. Ryan will 110% attack Carly and cause a miscarriage, just as Sonny has stopped worrying and really gotten excited about the miracle baby (maybe after a gender is announced? A boy like Morgan?).  

• Love 1
On 2/23/2019 at 11:01 PM, dubbel zout said:

That was an awesome, soapy reveal: "I'm Mr. Big!"

I remember that so well, mostly because as the chair was turning and Mr. Big was about to be revealed, some kind of lame news story broke in. (Not sure if this was just in the NYC area.) The ABC switchboard must have been lit up like the Fourth of July! On Monday, they actually aired those last few seconds of the reveal before that day's episode was shown. #badolddayspreInternet 

• Love 1

So both of Monica's living children are in the hospital, the hospital she works at, and she's nowhere.

Meanwhile Carly, who has two minor children in her charge (and we heard Sonny's off looking for Dante) and who is in the midst of a high-risk pregnancy, camped out at Jason's bedside all freakin' night.

I hate this show.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, ciarra said:

How long can they keep Laura and Kevin on ice?

Remember how long super spies Anna and Robert were locked up/unable to outwit Faison, in order to drag out Robin reuniting with Patrick and Emma? I assume this is going to be dragged out as well, so that Lulu can heroically both remember Ryan tried to kill her and figure out her mother has been missing/is in danger.

Carly's juvenile need for affirmation of her status as Jason's best friend hasn't ever been cute, but it's even worse now that she's firmly into middle age and pregnant yet again. Then she can't stop herself from butting in and baring her teeth at Sam, and Jason just sits there and lets her get away with this nonsense, even when it clearly frustrates Sam. Grow a spine and stop indulging her crap, ffs.

Stella's apology to Jordan was much more touching and sincere than her last minute reversal at the wedding, so it's too bad Jordan was unconscious for it. And someone needs to give Curtis a hug, because he was killing me with his grief today (T.J.? Molly? Where y'all at?)

Kissing in a public place in front of an open door, nice work, amateurs. Can't wait to see the high school theater performance Sam's gonna bust out to cover her ass for this one.

• Love 7

Sam McCall= a sorry excuse for a female character.  Jason raising his voice at her,  "Carly's pregnant and can't be stressed!" and what does she do?  She submits, says nothing and hugs slagbeast. Then duck kisses Lassie later on in the episode.

Yet Drew was the DEVIL!  The only time he did anything remotely close to that was when he was Jake Doe and thought Sam was trying to destroy Liz. 

Do all the soaps write female characters this badly?  This show is beyond insulting to women. Demeaning. Degrading garbage.

Edited by Hater
forgot the exclamation point because he did yell at her.
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam McCall= a sorry excuse for a female character.  Jason raising his voice at her,  "Carly's pregnant and can't be stressed!" and what does she do?  She submits, says nothing and hugs slagbeast. Then duck kisses Lassie later on in the episode.

Yet Drew was the DEVIL!  The only time he did anything remotely close to that was when he was Jake Doe and thought Sam was trying to destroy Liz. 

Do all the soaps write female characters this badly?  This show is beyond insulting to women. Demeaning. Degrading garbage.

I despised Erica Kane, but there was no doubt that AMC was a female character driven soap. 

• Love 1

I guess Drew doesn't deserve to be informed about the blindness from Anna only Jasus gets the the run down?

I know Billy Miller probably loves this schedule he gets...does nothing and makes a shit load of money, but as a fan of the character this is the pits.

Drew can be played by a useless dayplayer.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Hater said:

I guess Drew doesn't deserve to be informed about the blindness from Anna only Jasus gets the the run down?

He also doesn't deserve a visit from his daughter's mother. 

And I really resent that out of all the people who have gone blind, he's the one who hurt someone.

And Sam and Carly saying they love each other made me roll my eyes so hard, I actually hurt myself. Please keep them apart from each other. There was nothing cute about that scene. And yes, a little argument from the she-beast who started it warrants a slap on the wrist for Sam because she's stressing poor sweet Carly out.

This bitch seeks confrontation at every turn. It's her life's blood. Did anyone tell her to go confront her boyfriend about what happened to Jason. Good effin' grief. She needs to be muzzled.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He also doesn't deserve a visit from his daughter's mother. 

And I really resent that out of all the people who have gone blind, he's the one who hurt someone.

And Sam and Carly saying they love each other made me roll my eyes so hard, I actually hurt myself. Please keep them apart from each other. There was nothing cute about that scene. And yes, a little argument from the she-beast who started it warrants a slap on the wrist for Sam because she's stressing poor sweet Carly out.

This bitch seeks confrontation at every turn. It's her life's blood. Did anyone tell her to go confront her boyfriend about what happened to Jason. Good effin' grief. She needs to be muzzled.

I knew that was going to happen.  Drew and Sam are permitted from sharing scenes, just makes Sam especially look like a vapid degenerate.  

Carly/Sam are so terrible.  KM and LW are so bad at playing friendly with each other.

Shiloh should wipe the floor with those two dumbasses....

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Linny said:

Carly's juvenile need for affirmation of her status as Jason's best friend hasn't ever been cute, but it's even worse now that she's firmly into middle age and pregnant yet again. Then she can't stop herself from butting in and baring her teeth at Sam, and Jason just sits there and lets her get away with this nonsense, even when it clearly frustrates Sam. Grow a spine and stop indulging her crap, ffs

That Jason/Carly/Sam scene tells me everything I need to know about Jason and Carly. Sam will never be first with Jason and I want to feel sorry for her but I can't because this is the life she chose. She also chose not to check on her daughter's father and I doubt Jason spared a second thought for how his brother was doing.

The fact that one of Drew's first thoughts was "did I hurt anyone?" and him apologizing constantly to Curtis for how Jordan is hurt because of him, makes Jason look even worse. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Sam will never be first with Jason and I want to feel sorry for her but I can't because this is the life she chose.

It's impossible to feel sorry for her. The writing for this character has been abysmal and super destructive. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's impossible to feel sorry for her. The writing for this character has been abysmal and super destructive. 

The writing has been awful...beyond awful.  She's not even SOAPY. That's my issue, it's one thing to dislike a character but there is NOTHING interesting about Sam!  

She's just a vapid, brainless idiot who whispers every single line.  At least give me an entertaining reason to loathe your character...like an Ava or something.  She needs to be killed off the show.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

I was a little late turning the show on today (but only maybe 5 minutes), and maybe I missed part of Friday, so please someone explain how we got from Jason and Drew blacking out to them both being in the hospital today (and Jordan, too).  Did we see them brought to the hospital?  How did their friends know to be there since everyone seemed to have someone at their bedsides already?  Did Jason and Drew have surgery to fix their blindness (or did they just get headaches and no blindness?).  I'm so confused.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, AuxArx said:

I was a little late turning the show on today (but only maybe 5 minutes), and maybe I missed part of Friday, so please someone explain how we got from Jason and Drew blacking out to them both being in the hospital today (and Jordan, too).  Did we see them brought to the hospital?  How did their friends know to be there since everyone seemed to have someone at their bedsides already?  Did Jason and Drew have surgery to fix their blindness (or did they just get headaches and no blindness?).  I'm so confused.

The show started with them in the hospital having already had the surgery. Scam called slag beast to let her know that Jasus had fallen.

So the show took a cliffhanger and did nothing with it the following episode.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Hater said:

I mean, I'd "submit" too, if this was something I hadn't known. Carly was a stroke risk 15 years ago, and it's only going to be worse now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I mean, I'd "submit" too, if this was something I hadn't known. Carly was a stroke risk 15 years ago, and it's only going to be worse now. 

Carly was acting like a rabid dog though and started the entire thing. Idk...it just highlights how downright pathetic Sam is. The only time I have liked her is when she was away from the tired stale creepy threesome.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

I know people think this is a return to Guza, but if Guza was writing Jason would have said, why the hell did you got off the pill Carly? How do you think Michael's gonna feel after he just lost his son!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

They aired a repeat of Feb 14 here. My friend in Mississippi said that she got a repeat too.

2 hours ago, Hater said:

She's just a vapid, brainless idiot who whispers every single line.  At least give me an entertaining reason to loathe your character...like an Ava or something.  She needs to be killed off the show.

At this point I don't disagree.  But I put my foot down at Jason getting custody of Scout and adding her to the Corinthos child-stealing ring.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They aired a repeat of Feb 14 here. My friend in Mississippi said that she got a repeat too.

At this point I don't disagree.  But I put my foot down at Jason getting custody of Scout and adding her to the Corinthos child-stealing ring.

Interesting...wonder how ABC botched this up.