Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I know we're never supposed to feel bad for Franco, but I do in this case

But why? And I'm not asking in a "how dare u" way. But imo all that's gonna happen is that Liz stands by her man, Franco's in a cell for a week when someone else gets murdered. Then everyone apologizes to him.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Blackie said:

So Aiden is going to be a figure skater?

Yes. His nickname will be "The Ice Princess."  

(I know. I'm going to hell. It's just all I could think of, especially remembering that scene of Liz trying to control Lucky's mind when she stole the diamond from Helena.) 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What's in it for Sasha to pretend to be Nina's daughter?

She gets a mother.  Her mother passed away and this gives her back a mother, who would literally do anything for her.  I mean, Nina's crazy but she would do anything for Sasha, believing that she's her daughter.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

She gets a mother.  Her mother passed away and this gives her back a mother, who would literally do anything for her.  I mean, Nina's crazy but she would do anything for Sasha, believing that she's her daughter.  

That's it? At least make some sort of cash grab so you have something after the lie blows up, Sasha. 

• Love 1

Can we also have Aiden suddenly take an interest in Cher or Judy Garland? I am so appalled at this storyline. They had a great opportunity to do a story about how a child can have whatever interests he happens to have and it doesn't mean anything. Instead, we are going to reinforce stereotypes. And kudos to the writers for teaching all the kids on this show to buy into the stereotypes, as well. Someone had better call Duff Goldman and tell him to go ahead and get divorced since his secret is out and a beard is no longer needed. 

Sam, Jason, and Carly can just go away. I mean, please, just go away. Why would anyone freak out that they broke up? She held him at arms length for however long for who knows why. They get together for 20 minutes, break up, and everyone is supposed to but that causes her to have some giant meltdown. Who would even care outside of maybe Molly and Kristina? Move over Narcissus; we have someone else who is even more into herself.

It's not normal how much I adore Obrecht. Maybe She and Shiloh can team up and wreak havoc on the people of PC who clearly need it most ( Carly, Sam, Jason, etc.).

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's it? At least make some sort of cash grab so you have something after the lie blows up, Sasha. 

I'm assuming Valentin is paying her.  That was probably her motivation when this started, you know, those student loans on a temp degree are HUGE!  But when it all comes out, and it will, she'll claim that she kept doing it once she met Nina, because she wanted to be her daughter.  It will be the only way Nina can forgive Valetin so they can have round 34 of their push/pull boring relationship.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I assume he's paying her.  Although I would think she'd have shown more interest in the Paris trip and getting Nina to buy her things.   Maybe she was just afraid of Nina's brand of crazy?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I assume he's paying her.  Although I would think she'd have shown more interest in the Paris trip and getting Nina to buy her things.   Maybe she was just afraid of Nina's brand of crazy?

Great point!  It'd be so much more fun if Sasha was trying to milk as much as she could out of this setup.

Also, the idea that we'll have to sit through a lot of these beats again when the real daughter *coughWillowcough* eventually is revealed is making me sleepy.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, the idea that we'll have to sit through a lot of these beats again when the real daughter *coughWillowcough* eventually is revealed is making me sleepy.

Oh, god, this just reminded me that Nina will then be involved in the baby swap, and I am NOT HERE FOR THIS.

Also, poor Willow. Does she really need Nina as mother added to her already rather tragic existence?

• Love 6

Oh, I remember Valentin giving Sasha a cheque(!) for her pain and suffering after the Ava drugging incident.   I assume the cheque is one of many.  Paper trail, much?

I would have liked to have seen how Ryan convinced Lulu that she saw Franco, rather than it just happening, out of the blue.  How did he plant that memory?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, god, this just reminded me that Nina will then be involved in the baby swap, and I am NOT HERE FOR THIS.

Also, poor Willow. Does she really need Nina as mother added to her already rather tragic existence?

If they have Willow kidnap Wiley to then draw the parallels between her nuttiness and that of Nina, I might scream. But I can so see them going that route.

• Love 3

Liz dear, Jordan is a horrible police commissioner, but you don't get to demand she go back to witnesses and make them change their stories just because your SERIAL KILLER sweetie has been implicated.

Of COURSE Dr. Michael Easton knows Dr. Cabot so he gets to go on another spy mission, one that Anna can't even go on, HE IS NOT JOHN MCBAIN!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I'm assuming Franco is going to be arrested, so the question is how long Ryan can stand for someone else to get credit for his kills.  I'm hoping at least one more of the bloated cast is culled before his spree is over.  

• Love 4

I am so annoyed that the writers have put Finn in the middle of the Robert and Anna scenes because he makes them unwatchable.  Finn is so smug and that his smugness has rubbed off on Anna.  Anna has always been a bad ass super spy and was confident without the smug attitude.  Together, Robert and Anna make an ultimate spy-team, they do not need Finn's assistance.  I love Anna and Robert scenes but I have been FF thru their scenes because of Finn.   

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 4

To say something nice, this dramz with Franco could create some interesting drama for Laura.  She loves Liz like a daughter, but Lulu is her actual daughter who was almost killed, and she might have to ask herself during the course of this some hard questions about not asking Liz some hard questions about having Franco around her grandsons. 

As is, it is impossible to feel bad for Liz here.  "I know he did terrible things to you, BUT HE'S MY REFORMED SERIAL KILLER SWEETIE!"  Does Liz think Lulu accused him just for funsies?  SIt fuckin' down.

• Love 5

Goddamn, Liz, maybe try defending Franco without immediately getting in Lulu's face and accusing her of lying. Lulu is hurt and vulnerable, and Liz treating her like she'd be malicious enough to knowingly falsely accuse Franco is so uncalled for. Liz's defense of Franco never fails to bring out the ugliest parts of her.

Nina's obnoxious self-satisfied attitude is wearing thin, but I do like how Sasha is willing to play her part while also doling out a healthy amount of side-eye for Nina's relationship with Valentin. The actress is good, much better than Willow, imo.

Ryan treasuring the remaining licenses in his possession was effectively creepy.

• Love 5

Way to sideline Anna, writers. Finn goes to Sweden and Anna stays in PC to protect her grown ass 40-some year old son.

I really hate Nina, or maybe it's MS's acting choices when she's around Valentin. 

Jordan is incompetent. But I'm sure the criminal subset of PC will be all too happy to solve this puzzle. Sonny is already throwing his weight around with the DA in the preview for tomorrow.

This soap is exhausting.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Way to sideline Anna, writers. Finn goes to Sweden and Anna stays in PC to protect her grown ass 40-some year old son.

I 100% agree with your larger point, but I thought Anna didn't go because Cabot would recognize her slash Alex.

And forgive me if I've forgotten, but has anyone floated the idea of finding Alex herself?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

100% agree with your larger point, but I thought Anna didn't go because Cabot would recognize her slash Alex.

That's the argument Robert made but then Finn figured Anna had agreed a little too quickly, which was likely because she's worried about Peter.  

15 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Way to sideline Anna, writers. Finn goes to Sweden and Anna stays in PC

Maybe it's tiime for ME's holidays whereas FH is still working.  

57 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

so the question is how long Ryan can stand for someone else to get credit for his kills

I' think he'll be good for awhile.  He took the four current licences, and while we didn't see it, likely put them in the art studio where Franco was arrested.  Then spoke to the remaining licences, telling them that the others were sacrificed for the greater good.  

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I really hate Nina, or maybe it's MS's acting choices when she's around Valentin. 

She's acting really juvenile again, all "golly, my boyfriend's dreamy!" and using the baby voice.

28 minutes ago, Perkie said:

which was likely because she's worried about Peter.  

Why? General maternal feelings or some specific reason? LWB/FS has been cleared of being the serial killer.

34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And forgive me if I've forgotten, but has anyone floated the idea of finding Alex herself?

Probably not, given how it always takes everyone way too long to remember she exists in the first place. 

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Why? General maternal feelings or some specific reason? LWB/FS has been cleared of being the serial killer.

Because of Obrecht now working for/with him.  She also threatened Obrecht with harm if anything happened to poor, precious LWB/FS.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oof. Let your 40-year-old son fend for himself, Anna.

Well, in Anna's defence, the last time she did that, he ended up tied to a bed with no food or pee breaks for a month.  The boy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer!!

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hope Liesl indulges herself in some petty revenges.  Put a tack on his chair.  Spit in his coffee.  Ya know, just for fun.

Gaslight him so he ends up in Ferncliff. You know she has the capability to do it successfully. Then while she's visiting the facility to enjoy seeing him, straightjacketed, in his cell, SHE can solve the Kevin/Ryan mystery. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Perkie said:
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oof. Let your 40-year-old son fend for himself, Anna.

Well, in Anna's defence, the last time she did that, he ended up tied to a bed with no food or pee breaks for a month.  The boy is not the sharpest knife in the drawer!!

She was crazed with grief. It will not happen again.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She was crazed with grief. It will not happen again.

Which is unfortunate, because there are a few people that I wouldn't mind she lock up somewhere never to be seen again.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Oh, I remember Valentin giving Sasha a cheque(!) for her pain and suffering after the Ava drugging incident.   I assume the cheque is one of many.  

I am 99% sure I remember a discussion of payment when Sasha first appeared.

19 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Was the story about Finn & Chase being brothers or whatever just dropped? 

If you mean the story of Finn's antagonism towards his father because he married Chase's mother five minutes after his mother died and the speculation that Finn is actually Chase's father and not brother via an affair with the father's wife, then yes, that one seems to have been dropped.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liz dear, Jordan is a horrible police commissioner, but you don't get to demand she go back to witnesses and make them change their stories just because your SERIAL KILLER sweetie has been implicated.

Of COURSE Dr. Michael Easton knows Dr. Cabot so he gets to go on another spy mission, one that Anna can't even go on, HE IS NOT JOHN MCBAIN!

Maybe he is, though! Maybe Finn and McBain are also twins separated at birth and were part of the program!  Oh don't act like THAT is the storyline too ridiculous for GH.

Nina sucks. NuJordan sucks. Jason sucks. Sam Sucks.  Carly sucks.  When my favorite characters are Leisl, Shiloh, and Chase, you know something is wrong with this show.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Perkie said:
52 minutes ago, makelemons said:

Was the story about Finn & Chase being brothers or whatever just dropped? 

If you mean the story of Finn's antagonism towards his father because he married Chase's mother five minutes after his mother died and the speculation that Finn is actually Chase's father and not brother via an affair with the father's wife, then yes, that one seems to have been dropped.  

I'm not mad about this. It was a really stupid story to begin with. I get Finn being mad at his father, but to be mad at Chase? He can't help his parents or the circumstances of his birth. 

I can't believe information gotten from hypnosis is admissible in court. Even Scott should be able to get that stuff thrown out.

Wouldn't Jordan have checked out Franco's alibi when she first hauled him in for questioning? FFS. Can't they make her look even remotely competent?

Charlotte was in today's opening credits; some of the recurring characters must be in them when they're in that ep.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Can we also have Aiden suddenly take an interest in Cher or Judy Garland?

Thank you!  As a heterosexual male, I love Cher, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand and Patti LaBelle (have seen three out of those four in concert).  All the so-called icons for gay males.  And me likey women.  A lot.  It's really time for that real-life trope to go away.

1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Maybe Finn and McBain are also twins separated at birth and were part of the program!  Oh don't act like THAT is the storyline too ridiculous for GH.

We already had Retconia, we don't need Retconio.

I have wondered if we're going to discover an unknown pair of twins as part of this.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We already had Retconia, we don't need Retconio.

I have wondered if we're going to discover an unknown pair of twins as part of this.

Odds on favorite for unknown twins would be the FV pets that get shoved into every story. Ava and Frodd. But really GH should just go for total camp absurdity and make it any two of the 1000 characters played by ME. 

Lulu was stabbed less than 24 hours ago, yet Charlotte has missed a crapload of schoolwork?  And her classmates have had the time to write to her with their condolences?  Seriously?

• Love 1

Willow is possibly the worst actress this show has had for a while. I can barely concentrate in any scene she's in. She's just so awful. I am practically in awe of just how truly terrible she is. There is a complete unnaturalism to her "acting" that I almost want to cry. Everything about her makes me long for a scene with anyone else. Even Sonny. Or Carly. Or geez, even Spinelli. She's so bad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

The rapid flipping flashcard faces opening must be some kind of failed mind control ploy to keep us from realizing how awful this show is. What I do notice everyday is the complete lack of diversity.

Having said that I hate to suggest this: Jordan should be victim # 5. It would be so demoralizing for the inept PCPD that they would need Dante back. 

Margo serves no purpose.

Please do not let Billy Miller slip away to Genoa City. He's one of the few people I like.

The rapid flipping flashcard faces opening must be some kind of failed mind control ploy to keep us from realizing how awful this show is. What I do notice everyday is the complete lack of diversity.

Having said that I hate to suggest this: Jordan should be victim # 5. It would be so demoralizing for the inept PCPD that they would need Dante back. 

Margo serves no purpose.

Please do not let Billy Miller slip away to Genoa City. He's one of the few people I like.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Can we also have Aiden suddenly take an interest in Cher or Judy Garland? I am so appalled at this storyline. They had a great opportunity to do a story about how a child can have whatever interests he happens to have and it doesn't mean anything. Instead, we are going to reinforce stereotypes.

But...what about the occasions when it does mean something? Should people like that (and their stories) be made invisible?

This is reminding me of the spasms of outrage over Felix five or six years ago, as if gay men with his speaking style and mannerisms didn't exist, and weren't part of the behavior spectrum just like the more understated, "non-stereotypical" Lucas. I don't consider that progress.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3

Wait, how come the soft plinky piano keys are telling me it's wonderful for baby James to get to know Obrecht, but everyone is still haranguing Julian about going 5 feet within Wiley. I FEEL CONFUSION.

• Love 12