Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh Show, a Drew/Kim/Julian triangle is not it.

Carly's subtle-as-a-sledgehammer pushing Drew towards Kim was obnoxious, and I was glad Drew even got to call her on her obvious ulterior motives. If Carly is so sure that Jason and Sam have the bestest and most unshakeable love of all time why does she need to make sure Drew is otherwise occupied with a new woman?

• Love 19

Someone in wardrobe must hate Carly/LW because she looked overwheming in that coat. Between her hair, coat, and relative height she looked like she was going to crush Kim.

Please, show, please, never have emotional Olivia and Ava in the same room.

• Love 3

A real contrast to yesterday.  There were only two things I liked about today, well maybe three.

• Drew calling out Carly that the only reason she's happy that he's getting closer to Kim is because  it keeps him out of Sam's way
  • The director cutting from Lulu saying that she'll try hypnotherapy to the hypnosis certificate on Kevin's wall
  • Kim and Julian deciding to give it another try just as Drew opens up to the idea of a relationship with her  It's good soap.

The Laura and Ava scene was also good soap but I felt to sorry for Ava I couldn't enjoy it. Is there anyone more stupid than Jordan and the SCPD?  All Carly and Sony scenes were a waste of time.

19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

If Carly is so sure that Jason and Sam have the bestest and most unshakeable love of all time why does she need to make sure Drew is otherwise occupied with a new woman?

Bingo.

Is she so afraid that if Jason and Sam aren't together, he'll leave Port Charles?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Drew calling out Carly that the only reason she's happy that he's getting closer to Kim is because  it keeps him out of Sam's way

I don't even know why Drew talks to Carly. She's seen him as a threat to Jason and Sam since the reveal of the twins and even when he was Jason Morgan, she didn't like it that he was pulling away from her and Sonny and taking Sam with him. She proved it with her unceremonious dropping of him since SBu returned that she was never Drew's friend. Why does he even tolerate her?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, sacrebleu said:

I'm just annoyed Jason/Drew haven't gone blind. I mean, they stick Jason in every other story... Now you've got a mad scientist who's making twins go blind, and Jason/Drew are unaffected?  What gives?

I'm wondering if there's a delay based on when they were patients.  Like maybe Anna (and presumably Alex) went blind first because they were the first set of twins, then Kevin/Ryan because they came later, and Jason/Drew are still to come.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

He felt even more pointless than usual today.  Sonny asks him to find Dante.  He says he can't find Dante.  Sonny recaps a bunch of crap we already know about Mike.  The end.

I know Stephen A. Smith is a huge fan of MB's and of the show, in general, but there's something about the way he salivates over MB when they play their scenes that makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A real contrast to yesterday.  There were only two things I liked about today, well maybe three.

• Drew calling out Carly that the only reason she's happy that he's getting closer to Kim is because  it keeps him out of Sam's way
  • The director cutting from Lulu saying that she'll try hypnotherapy to the hypnosis certificate on Kevin's wall
  • Kim and Julian deciding to give it another try just as Drew opens up to the idea of a relationship with her  It's good soap.

The Laura and Ava scene was also good soap but I felt to sorry for Ava I couldn't enjoy it. Is there anyone more stupid than Jordan and the SCPD?  All Carly and Sony scenes were a waste of time.

Bingo.

Is she so afraid that if Jason and Sam aren't together, he'll leave Port Charles?

MW is really doing a great job showcasing Ava's grieving process. She's alternating between depression and anger. Even though Ava was a first class bitch to Olivia and Lulu, I really felt her pain. She will literally do anything to find Kiki's killer. And on one hand, I think she's happy that Lulu was able to survive being stabbed, but on another hand, I think she is angry that Kiki wasn't able to survive her attack. She's resentful that Laura still has her daughter when she doesn't. It's going to be an awful day for Ava when she finds out that she's been sleeping with her daughter's killer. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a nervous breakdown.

• Love 12

I know there are parts of the Ryan plot that are a swing and a miss but I can't not enjoy this story because Jon Lindstrom is so. freakin'. good. I'm also excited for the hypnosis angle, I was hoping that would be a part of this for a while, particularly on the Franco/Patsy end.

1 hour ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

MW is really doing a great job showcasing Ava's grieving process. She's alternating between depression and anger. Even though Ava was a first class bitch to Olivia and Lulu, I really felt her pain. She will literally do anything to find Kiki's killer. And on one hand, I think she's happy that Lulu was able to survive being stabbed, but on another hand, I think she is angry that Kiki wasn't able to survive her attack. She's resentful that Laura still has her daughter when she doesn't. It's going to be an awful day for Ava when she finds out that she's been sleeping with her daughter's killer. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a nervous breakdown.

Agreed, also the added layer that her relationship with Kiki was so damaged when she died and she'll never being able to fix that. She is out to make the killer pay no matter what but it's the last chance she has to make things right with her in a sense, hence the desperation. MW is fantastic, it's why I really don't mind that she's such a large a part of the Ryan story. She and Jon are the two strongest actors on the show, imo. And when she ultimately finds out the truth she's going to knock it out of the park. She's done a great job of playing a mother that's angry, grieving, but filtering it through what Ava's personality has always been. Her going to Olivia and Lulu the way she did was wrong, it was crazy, but it was 100% Ava. She nails the range of emotions you go through after such a loss. TB should take notes. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly is such an annoying gnat.  Why people don't flee when they see her coming, I dunno.  She's not your friend, Drew, you don't actually have to talk to her.

Seriously. Plus the bitch dropped him like a hot potato when the real Jasus came back, Drew shouldn't giver her the time of day. She should get an eye roll like Sam got the other day and that's it. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ulkis said:

That was a lot.

59 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

It's going to be an awful day for Ava when she finds out that she's been sleeping with her daughter's killer. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a nervous breakdown.

Of course she'll have a nervous breakdown. She's a wimmins. We're weak and unable to handle any kind of emotional trauma.

Why hasn't Ava hired her own private investigators? Her haranguing of Olivia and Lulu was gross. I get there was genuine grief and desperation behind it, but that doesn't give her the right to force people to give her information they don't have.

I didn't really like Kim blaming Julian for pushing her away when Oscar's diagnosis hit. The lying was wrong, definitely, but Kim wasn't exactly letting Julian help her.

LOL that Sonny expected Brick to find Dante in the five minutes of phone calls Brick made.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

That was a lot.

It's going to be an awful day for Ava when she finds out that she's been sleeping with her daughter's killer. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a nervous breakdown.

Of course she'll have a nervous breakdown. She's a wimmins. We're weak and unable to handle any kind of emotional trauma.

Why hasn't Ava hired her own private investigators? Her haranguing of Olivia and Lulu was gross. I get there was genuine grief and desperation behind it, but that doesn't give her the right to force people to give her information they don't have.

I didn't really like Kim blaming Julian for pushing her away when Oscar's diagnosis hit. The lying was wrong, definitely, but Kim wasn't exactly letting Julian help her.

LOL that Sonny expected Brick to find Dante in the five minutes of phone calls Brick made.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

That was a lot.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was so weird and dumb

Sonny : Hey can you find Dante?

Brick:  Let me make ONE phone call.  Nope, can't find it

Sonny:  Eh, what can you do

• Love 8

Olivia could have tried a little harder to have a vision. Sit in a dimly lit room, put on candles, get out some wind chimes, man. Instead she just stood for a minute in the middle of metro court.

And it's super gross how she is best buds with Sonny. At least she snarked back when he was a dick about her saying Olivia Quartermaine.

I can't peg down why I don't think Genie Francis' hair suits her.

4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

That was so weird and dumb

Sonny : Hey can you find Dante?

Brick:  Let me make ONE phone call.  Nope, can't find it

Sonny:  Eh, what can you do

He had no scenes with Lulu until a week before she was stabbed and now he's super dad in law. This show is so lazy.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Olivia could have tried a little harder to have a vision. Sit in a dimly lit room, put on candles, get out some wind chimes, man. Instead she just stood for a minute in the middle of metro court.

LOL I thought the same. Teresa Caputo she ain't! They should have her have a psychic dream then wake up with a start, gasping. She can turn to Ned, trying to wake him but he'll just roll over muttering, "Fuck Mayor Webber. I should've won that election." 

Spoiler

I'm not sure who it was or if this person is a total poser or legit, but a twitter post was circulating recently that Olivia would be one of Ryan's next victims. ....I can see it. Especially after today. And if she does have a vision, and starts on a certain trail, Ryan would seek to get rid of her. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was thinking about it today, too, and I think there isn't enough contrast between her hair color and skin tone. Also, is she wearing colored contacts or something? Her eyes looked brown not blue.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was thinking about it today, too, and I think there isn't enough contrast between her hair color and skin tone. Also, is she wearing colored contacts or something? Her eyes looked brown not blue.

I thought she always had brown eyes. No?

I found it sort of ironic that Laura was lecturing anyone on hysteria and grief given she's gold medaled in both.

Carly looked like a blue Bigfoot in that coat.  

If Jordan knew how to question for correctly, she would've ascertained from Lulu's dream that Lulu was happy to hear from the unknown person at her door, hence it was someone she knew and would have a reason to be there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

I thought she always had brown eyes. No?

As far as I can tell, her eyes have always been a darker blue/green. Not brown, but a little grayish?

I actually don't dislike her hair color right now, but if I could tweak it, I would take it more towards ash and away from bronze. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

And it's super gross how she is best buds with Sonny. At least she snarked back when he was a dick about her saying Olivia Quartermaine.

He had no scenes with Lulu until a week before she was stabbed and now he's super dad in law. This show is so lazy.

And then Olivia said today that she visited Lulu, but they didn't even show it.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't know why she even bothered. She hasn't had a so-called vision in years and they were always silly to begin with. Those scenes went on for way too long that they needed to be.

I wonder if Ryan knows how to hypnotize people the way that Kevin does. Because if he did, the first thing he should do is plant false memories during his upcoming sessions with Franco whereby Franco starts fearing that he is off serial killing people again.

• Love 3

Strangely, I liked a lot of today's episode.

Jason, Sonny, Carly, and Sam were absent from the canvas in Thursday's episode.  Why was it strange to like a lot of an episode that doesn't feature a mob kingpin, his hitman and their molls?

• Love 11
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I was wondering just how extensive his network could be if he contacted everyone he knew in that five minute period.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wonder if Ryan knows how to hypnotize people the way that Kevin does. Because if he did, the first thing he should do is plant false memories during his upcoming sessions with Franco whereby Franco starts fearing that he is off serial killing people again.

I'm pretty sure that's where they're going with this.  Implant memories in Franco to make him think it's him, then when Lulu has her hypnotherapy session, get her to think she saw Franco.  

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ulkis said:

That would have been unbelievably cruel, and one thing Olivia isn't is cruel.

I'm hating Ava's behavior right now—hire your own damn PIs, FFS!—but I do like that everyone else (except Sonny, naturally) recognizes it's coming from her grief and desperation and they react accordingly. Ava deserved what she got from Laura, but Laura delivered it as kindly as she could.

I dread Ava finding out that "Kevin" is Ryan and responsible for Lauren's death. Dread it for MW's acting and dread it for the terrible writing Ava will inevitably get. 

• Love 2

Dread it for MW's acting and dread it for the terrible writing Ava will inevitably get. 

I think that MW will knock it out of the park.  Except for her stint as cousin lois, MW has exceeded my low expectations, which is remarkable considering i couldn't stand either Kiki and especially Morgan.  Remember when there was hope that she and Tracy would become business partners.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I think that MW will knock it out of the park.  Except for her stint as cousin lois, MW has exceeded my low expectations, which is remarkable considering i couldn't stand either Kiki and especially Morgan.  Remember when there was hope that she and Tracy would become business partners.

Was that before or after she framed her nephew AJ for murdering Kate and being an accessory to AJ getting killed by Sonny? I know that Tracy fought AJ and got him and his mother arrested, but out of an ounce of loyalty to Alan and Monica, she should not even acknowlege her.  

On to AJ and his murder. I really wish that the show would verbalize, especially to Monica or by Monica,  that everyone responsible for AJ's death and for which none faced any or little prison time for their completely heinous crimes, ended losing their lives, like with Duke or losing their children, like Sonny, Carly and Ava.  

• Love 3

I am not looking forward to Ava screeching and sobbing endlessly. I'm also not looking forward to Sonny and/or Carly sneering at her for not knowing better, when they and everyone else in Port Charles were equally duped. 

3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Was that before or after she framed her nephew AJ for murdering Kate

Ava isn't related to the Qs, and neither was Denise as Ava's cousin. Or am I misreading who "she" is?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I am not looking forward to Ava screeching and sobbing endlessly. I'm also not looking forward to Sonny and/or Carly sneering at her for not knowing better, when they and everyone else in Port Charles were equally duped. 

Ava isn't related to the Qs, and neither was Denise as Ava's cousin. Or am I misreading who "she" is?

Misreading "she". Ava helped kill Tracy nephew. Heck, Tracy was even rather fond of Kate (unfortunely Kate had embraced that whole Connie nonsense) and hated AJ when she thought he killed Connie.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
On 2/1/2019 at 3:11 PM, LexieLily said:

Carly's subtle-as-a-sledgehammer pushing Drew towards Kim was obnoxious, and I was glad Drew even got to call her on her obvious ulterior motives. If Carly is so sure that Jason and Sam have the bestest and most unshakeable love of all time why does she need to make sure Drew is otherwise occupied with a new woman?

This scene just showed up on my Explore page on Instagram and the only thing that made it tolerable was Billy Miller's continued perfection of showing how Drew seems to just loathe all of these people's very existence. I hated that of course it ended on a semi-amicable note, especially that they didn't have him tell Carly to take a flying leap somewhere and not bring his sick kid into her bullshit but those first moments of his "I'm not here for this shit" was so worth it. And especially his laying it out flat that she only gives a fuck about his love life because she figures if he's with someone that solidifies he and Sam are forever done. Although I don't know why she should be worried, everyone knows that once Sam is back under Jason's ass, she ain't going nowhere. Even if Kelly Monaco has Sam looking like a hollow shell of a woman. 

• Love 10

So while Carly was being a busybody with Drew, Sonny was butting into a conversation (Ava/ Olivia) that likewise had nothing to do with him. Don’t these two have anything better to do than tell everybody else how to live?

I think the reason nobody can find Dante is he has a new face.

If Ava wants psychic visions, why doesn’t she ask Lucy? That would be one way to get her into this storyline. (But not if it means getting her killed, please.)

On 2/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, sacrebleu said:

I'm just annoyed Jason/Drew haven't gone blind. I mean, they stick Jason in every other story... Now you've got a mad scientist who's making twins go blind, and Jason/Drew are unaffected?  What gives?

Oh, it will happen. Jason gets shoehorned into stories where he doesn’t belong; there’s no way he’ll be left out of one where he’s actually a natural fit.  I suspect he’s being saved for the grand finale.  Also: Damn, there’s a lot of twins in this town!

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 3

Was that before or after she framed her nephew AJ for murdering Kate and being an accessory to AJ getting killed by Sonny? I know that Tracy fought AJ and got him and his mother arrested, but out of an ounce of loyalty to Alan and Monica, she should not even acknowlege her.  

Before.  There was rumor of her having a Q story.  I was delusional that Ava's role on show was to be anything other than to be at least one degree worse than the father of her child who threatened her throughout her pregnancy. 

• Love 2

Why can’t Lulu go look for Dante and start her new life elsewhere?! If she can’t remeber who attacked her what good is she? LOL!!!! I’m so glad Carly is giving love advice to everyone. She has a stellar record in that department. Bit*h take a seat and STFU! I’m sooooo bored with Billy Miller being bored. Why doesn’t he just quit!?! That said, I’m blaming the writers who I don’t even know. I used to blame RC but now I don’t have an earthly idea who he/she is. I don’t know who to put him with. I thought William DeVry showed a lot more heat with TB. At least, they’re putting him with somebody if they can’t/won’t put him back with Nancy Lee Grahn. Now, if he would get back to taking his shirt off the world would be a better place. Such a terrible waste. 

Carly never convinces that she really cares about anyone outside of her little bubble of (roughly descending order of importance) Jason, Sonny, her two living kids, Sam, and (barely) her mother. Sam only makes the cut because that's who Jason wants to be with, so she accepts her as a sort of a sexual surrogate. If Jason informed her one day that his taste had changed and he now preferred an inflatable rubber woman, I suspect we'd see as much of her friendship with Sam as we see of her friendship with Olivia. When she's showing up at Kim's place or giving Drew advice, it rings so hollow. 

Oh, and if Jason did suddenly decide he preferred an inflatable rubber woman, I doubt the Jason romantic story could be any less dynamic. Hell, they'd probably be running neck and neck with Jason/Sam in fan polls. It would be the new fan-base war. Especially if the inflatable rubber woman were designed with a convincing smile.  

Brick is a weird recurring character. How much of the audience is up enough on his ESPN doings to even get these in-jokes they always put into his dialogue, like the thing about how he had an appointment in Toronto that he couldn't miss? (Stephen A. Smith has had a love/hate relationship with Canada, and Toronto specifically, in his day job. I think a flare-up was going on when this stuff was taping.) 

I liked the Liz/Brad/Lucas scene because it covered various points of view that have been argued here. A lot of people may have had Lucas's experience, but also Brad's. But...Liz nodding in agreement that most of Aiden's friends are girls? He has friends now, of any kind? 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

When she's showing up at Kim's place or giving Drew advice, it rings so hollow. 

I know. If the show wants me to believe Carly cares about these people (ha! your list is dead on, @TeeVee329, but I think I'd put Bobbie over Sam, though it's really close), it needs to make those connections not just be plot points for Carly to look good.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I liked the Liz/Brad/Lucas scene because it covered various points of view that have been argued here. A lot of people may have had Lucas's experience, but also Brad's. But...Liz nodding in agreement that most of Aiden's friends are girls? He has friends now, of any kind? 

I saw that more as Elizabeth acknowledging that Aidan is more comfortable with girls than with boys. I can hand wave that it wasn't really the main point.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Carly never convinces that she really cares about anyone outside of her little bubble of (roughly descending order of importance) Jason, Sonny, her two living kids, Sam, and (barely) her mother.

Which is another problem with the baby swap story.  The show will expect us to believe that Carly feels super torn when her brother Lucas' heart gets broken by the reveal and he has to hand baby Wiley over to Michael.  But...it's not believable, they have next-to-no relationship as shown on-screen.  Sure, she'll make sure to drag Brad for the swap - a glass house this bitch should not be chucking boulders in given her penchant of lying to baby daddies - but that'll be about hurting Michael, and moreso Carly herself, versus caring a fig about Lucas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4