Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

We found the shoe print of a shoe everyone buys and that you are wearing, therefore, it could be you.

And even though we think it could be you, we won't take your shoes to analyze them for traces of blood.

8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I wish somehow Drew could get custody of Scout.

I don't think he'd be a better parent than Sam.  It would just be a different car that drops Scout off at the Q's.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ciarra said:

And even though we think it could be you, we won't take your shoes to analyze them for traces of blood.

I don't think he'd be a better parent than Sam.  It would just be a different car that drops Scout off at the Q's.

Drew lives at the Quartermaines, there would be nothing to drop off.

No Sam is a pretty terrible parent when a year ago she was crying about wanting to protect her family and is now essentially back to living with a criminal and being a criminal herself.  Danny can live with his two mensa member parents, Scout should be spared of such stupidity.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I still think they’re going to get rid of Scout.

Of course they will.  Hopefully it involves an auto crash where Drew dies too. Then JaScam can have their actual family. 

6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Of course they will.  Hopefully it involves an auto crash where Drew dies too. Then JaScam can have their actual family. 

JaSam apparently just need biological children somewhere out there in the universe bc they sure as hell don’t want the kids in the same room as them.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

JaSam apparently just need biological children somewhere out there in the universe bc they sure as hell don’t want the kids in the same room as them.

It's ridiculous they have kids and giving Scam two of them....made no sense.  I think the character sucks as a mom and Kelly is extremely awkward with children on screen. I just don't think she shows any warmth around kids.  It always comes across as these kids are props in the scene that Kelly has difficulty holding or playing with. Outside of a few scenes, I have never felt she played mother well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

Leaving poor Monica with only the son who wants nothing to do with her other than babysitting his offspring because he's too busy in his criminal life and saving the world to take care of either of his two children.

This JaSam mess is the very definition of fan-servicing.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Hater said:

It's ridiculous they have kids and giving Scam two of them....made no sense.  I think the character sucks as a mom and Kelly is extremely awkward with children on screen. I just don't think she shows any warmth around kids.  It always comes across as these kids are props in the scene that Kelly has difficulty holding or playing with. Outside of a few scenes, I have never felt she played mother well.

They’re both SO awkward with kids, which is weird because SBu used to be good (like, a long time ago, obvs) with them. I don’t know what happened.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They’re both SO awkward with kids, which is weird because SBu used to be good (like, a long time ago, obvs) with them. I don’t know what happened.

I guess for him too he's a father himself but he has no chemistry with the kids and I'll give him a pass on Danny because TK is horrible but Hudson is very good and there's just nothing.  In contrast, Billy is better with them and even comes across well playing the dad to a teenager.

But yeah Burton and Monaco with kids is just a horrible combo.  Good thing they're never on.

Edit: Maybe make Danny a teen.  Joss and Jasus are ok together.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

No. Drew loves Monica, so you leave that alone!

I’ll compromise no death but he’s got to leave within the year which I think he does. They’ve marginalized Drew and they have given him nothing but an insta family.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I especially loved when Peter said he was a size 12 and Jordan said something along the lines of that clearing him "if he's telling the truth."  Which, gee, too bad there's just no way to verify the size of the shoe that's five feet away from her.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

How maternal can you feel when you give birth through your jeans?

She actually did well in those birth scenes. The only times I’ve really found her believable playing mom was with Scout in the early birth scenes. Everything else “meh”

They better leave my Scout alone. That is why I can't wait for Eeyore to die. So she can go back to being the only kid Drew should give any fucks about. They handed everything back to Jason on a platter. Let him deal with Jake, Danny and I am sure he will be all up in the Baby Wiley shit once they start that up again.

They better leave my Scout alone. That is why I can't wait for Eeyore to die. So she can go back to being the only kid Drew should give any fucks about. They handed everything back to Jason on a platter. Let him deal with Jake, Danny and I am sure he will be all up in the Baby Wiley shit once they start that up again.

• Love 1

I'd rather Scout die than be raised by Sam & Jason. Even if in name only and you'd never see her like you do now (with Monica of course), which I doubt would happen if Drew is gone.   If/when Drew leaves, Scout would be pulled out for family scenes because as evidenced no one can ever win against Sam/Jason, ever.

So I guess the best alternative is she leaves with her father whenever it happens. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

It’s not that I particularly care about Scout, but I don’t see a viable way they keep her around unless she’ll eventually be used as drama between Jason, Sam, and Drew. I think we all know there won’t be a triangle, so what’s the kid’s purpose? GH these days (and in the last decade) only works with kids who have a specific agenda — especially if the kid is not between a main couple. Jake is a perfect example of this. Ron literally brought this kid back from the dead for Liason, and now that Liason is over in every way, they used him for Franco. And now he’s barely around again. 

• Love 1

It’s not that I particularly care about Scout, but I don’t see a viable way they keep her around unless she’ll eventually be used as drama between Jason, Sam, and Drew. I think we all know there won’t be a triangle, so what’s the kid’s purpose? GH these days (and in the last decade) only works with kids who have a specific agenda — especially if the kid is not between a main couple. Jake is a perfect example of this. Ron literally brought this kid back from the dead for Liason, and now that Liason is over in every way, they used him for Franco. And now he’s barely around again. 

Agreed. I strongly feel that Drew is not for long and will be written off/Billy leaves within the year, he should get custody of her just like Spinelli takes care of Georgie in Oregon or whatever.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Agreed. I strongly feel that Drew is not for long and will be written off/Billy leaves within the year, he should get custody of her just like Spinelli takes care of Georgie in Oregon or whatever.  

I was always the person who was like, “Billy is not leaving, you guys!” But now I will be shocked if he renews. I expect him to leave, as well. Then again, if he has no other prospects, no other way to get income, that could change things.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I was always the person who was like, “Billy is not leaving, you guys!” But now I will be shocked if he renews. I expect him to leave, as well. Then again, if he has no other prospects, no other way to get income, that could change things.

I think this is the last year.  He always threatens and doesn't end up doing it, but I feel strongly he's done after this one.  I think he'll be able to figure out something income wise within the year so he can leave it.  But I think he's already on a lighter schedule with less episodes based on simply the screen.

Why stick on for this? When Oscar dies, what else is there to do?  Surely nothing about the memories.

Edited by Hater
Just now, Hater said:

I think this is the last year.  He always threatens and doesn't end up doing it, but I feel strongly he's done after this one.  I think he'll be able to figure out something income wise with this year so he can leave it.  But I think he's already on a lighter schedule with less episodes.

It really sucks bc I do think he’s so wasted and had good chemistry, not only with KeMo, but BH, KMc, LW, DT. A good writer would be able to use him in so many ways. Put him back with BH, for example.

Billy also wasn’t too smart in this situation bc he shouldn’t have tied himself so much to KeMo.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It really sucks bc I do think he’s so wasted and had good chemistry, not only with KeMo, but BH, KMc, LW, DT. A good writer would be able to use him in so many ways. Put him back with BH, for example.

Billy also wasn’t too smart in this situation bc he shouldn’t have tied himself so much to KeMo.

Both acted stupid and are paying for it now.  Whatever I guess.  Billy can find work outside of the show.  Is it steady? Not really but it's better than anything Kelly has ever done.  She's tied down to the show for good (no other outside prospects in acting) and will be stuck imo with Burton till the day it's cancelled. Whether JaSam breaks up or not, it's always going back to that.  So she completely misfired on her little charade on twitter with Billy. Should have kept her mouth closed or played the middle. Now she really has nothing to say on her character looking as awful as she does but talked a lot about not "wanting her work to be ruined."

The Becky thing? I guess, but Roho is a factor in that too with the Friz relationship that consists of them talking about children.  I'd like to know when actual angst will be applied to that pairing.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hater said:

Both acted stupid and are paying for it now.  Whatever I guess.  Billy can find work outside of the show.  Is it steady? Not really but it's better than anything Kelly has ever done.  She's tied down to the show for good (no other outside prospects in acting) and will be stuck imo with Burton till the day its cancelled. Whether JaSam breaks up or not, it's always going back to that.  So she completely misfired on her little charade on twitter with Billy. Should have kept her mouth closed or played the middle.

The Becky thing? I guess, but Roho is a factor in that too with the Friz relationship that consists of them talking about children.  I'd like to know when actual angst will be applied to that pairing.

Oh, I get the RoHo thing, but they could use some drama, as you said. We couldn’t even have a triangle in that situation? Every writing decision has been so boring.

• Love 3

Oh, I get the RoHo thing, but they could use some drama, as you said. We couldn’t even have a triangle in that situation? Every writing decision has been so boring.

Spoiler

Nope. Instead it's apparently Drew vs. Julian for Kim. No words.

re: Scout, does any kid need a purpose on the show? If Leo gets to be on the show, who has to be by far the most pointless child on the show, no reason Scout can't be around off-screen. I just think killing her off on top everything else going on would be a bit much.

I am still mildly surprised they bothered to bring back Tamara Braun. Out of anyone they could have brought back, Tamara Braun???

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

re: Scout, does any kid need a purpose on the show? If Leo gets to be on the show, who has to be by far the most pointless child on the show, no reason Scout can't be around off-screen. I just think killing her off on top everything else going on would be a bit much.

I am still mildly surprised they bothered to bring back Tamara Braun. Out of anyone they could have brought back, Tamara Braun???

She can be off screen but not with her mom and uncle.  Sam acts like Scout is an unwanted t shirt most of the time. Let her live happily with her family of three. Scout can be with her dad, that's all I ask.

Especially since they got rid of Budig to fit in Burton's contract, who imo worked a whole lot better with Billy Miller and is just more appealing to me.  Everything about Kim is bland, right down to her clothing.  But hey Frank wanted her and that's all that matters.

Edited by Hater

A lot of people are saying Sam is majorly regressing but I don't see it. She's always been written this dumb. She's been all about Jason, pretty much from the jump. Fifteen years she's been his sidecar, going where he goes, thinking what he thinks. Five minutes at Aurora with Drew which she promptly trashed once it was over is the part that felt out of character. She'll do whatever Jason wants, whatever version he is, he can treat her like shit, choose a married couple in their fifties over her and their child every time, get her to break any law while dressed up as a "PI," the list goes on, anything to prop Jaysin. 

They never developed Sam to have an identity or pov of her own that wasn't a byproduct of Jason Morgan and I can't think of another long running character, male or female, where that is so overwhelmingly the case. The little bit of outside info we have about her is that she was a remorseless serial con artist before she came to town. I just do not get the popularity of this character and never will. 

• Love 4

I liked Sam the last couple of years when she was with Drew.  I cheered her when she went after Sonny. Buying Aurora was a stupid plot but I liked the impetus which was to get out of the mob so the family can be safe.

But as soon as SBu came back, she went back to being Jason's prop. She waits for him to text her when he goes out, far from being a competent PI she can't even investigate her own stalker, she needs Jason and Spinelli to do it. Her kids only get trotted out if it's about Jason being a great father to Danny.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'd forgotten about Leo. He really is pointless.

But Cameron had no purpose on the show for years and now he's the best part of the teen scene and great in scenes with his brothers.

If they have to move Scout off the show because Drew leaves, okay. But don't kill her off, she's the next generation of Quartermaines and she and Brooklyn are the only girls to Monica's three grandsons and Dillon.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But Cameron had no purpose on the show for years and now he's the best part of the teen scene and great in scenes with his brothers.

But that was because of great casting and giving the actor more material. Cam had previously been the third wheel between Emma and Spencer, and that was what they initially had him being with Joss and Oscar.

When the show lucks out with a good child actor, they will actually give the kids more material and story.

• Love 2

I just realized the DA has been MIA for quite some time. Has it been more than a week? Why is she not around when there has been another attack by the serial killer and a suspect brought in. I guess they are not going through with her and Sonny's sexy time. Darn. I really wanted to see Carly's face. 

On 1/27/2019 at 6:33 PM, statsgirl said:

I liked Sam the last couple of years when she was with Drew.  I cheered her when she went after Sonny. 

Which was immediately attributed to mental illness - not growth, not revenge, not even anger/jealousy.  Just catshit disease. KeMo genuinely seems to like working with BM and it shows up onscreen, but the stories were still ill-constructed crap.

Buying Aurora was a stupid plot but I liked the impetus which was to get out of the mob so the family can be safe.

The PI job gets mocked because it's one more thing that the writers are crap at writing, but at least it was hers. Sam went after it herself while she wasn't in a relationship and she seemed to like it.

RC then had her (and just about every other woman in PC) stop working for several years so they could really focus on baby rabies.  When she finally got to work again her only "case" was running around with Drew solving some Sonny mystery*.  At least until she started "working" at Aurora.

Now, if Sam had convinced Julian to sell his company to her because she (ridiculously) wanted to run a communications company, that would be growth. Sitting in Drew's lap while he sits at the big desk at the company her father built isn't. It's still just doing whatever Jakeson wants.

*I think. It was boring, so I just tuned in for the Curtis sightings.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
Just now, TVbitch said:

I just realized the DA has been MIA for quite some time. Has it been more than a week? Why is she not around when there has been another attack by the serial killer and a suspect brought in. I guess they are not going through with her and Sonny's sexy time. Darn. I really wanted to see Carly's face. 

Doesn't seem that way.

<====This and Carson are the greatest loves of GEEH of all time.  Can't be broken!

But in all seriousness, why is EH still here? Should have just kept her with Billy Miller and had her usher him off the stage.

• Love 1

I can see a role for a DA on the show, you know so that Dianne can show how superior she is and get all the Corinthos mob off just in case Jordan happens to arrest them by mistake. But I don't see her as a love interest for anyone on the show right now.

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

The PI job gets mocked because it's one more thing that the writers are crap at writing, but at least it was hers. Sam went after it herself while she wasn't in a relationship and she seemed to like it.

She isn't even doing that competently right now. She needs Jason to save her from her stalker, even basic PI functions are lost.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She isn't even doing that competently right now. She needs Jason to save her from her stalker, even basic PI functions are lost

These writers don't seem to be any good at writing jobs - any jobs (See also, Lulu, Nina, Maxie, Kim, Laura). They are amazingly bad at it.  Maybe that's why they didn't bother for the first 5 years?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

She isn't even doing that competently right now. She needs Jason to save her from her stalker, even basic PI functions are lost.

The only time Sam was successful in her PI business was due to her partners at the time (Spinelli or Curtis) with a heavy from Drew as Jason and Jason.

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The only time Sam was successful in her PI business was due to her partners at the time (Spinelli or Curtis) with a heavy assist from Drew as Jason and Jason.

• Love 3

PI Sam has never done anything.  

And it doesn't help that her "undercover operations" consist of her playing dress up and not even slightly attempting to change her personality and or voice.  It's all so bad.  Nor does it look as thrilling as Sam claims it is for her.

How unfortunate Curtis was removed from Drew's orbit to be placed in some lame Ashford and McCall nonsense. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

So, will Lulu die a thousands deaths this week or will Laura walk in and stop Ryan?  If so, the Ryan & Kevin storyline would seem a bit short. I still want Ryan to scare the bejeezas out of Carly. Hopefully, it will still happen. Why was Anna all pissy with Robert? I wish they’d just sign TR to a contract and drop a few contract people to do so. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

So, will Lulu die a thousands deaths this week or will Laura walk in and stop Ryan?  If so, the Ryan & Kevin storyline would seem a bit short. I still want Ryan to scare the bejeezas out of Carly. Hopefully, it will still happen. Why was Anna all pissy with Robert? I wish they’d just sign TR to a contract and drop a few contract people to do so. 

Easton, Staff, Wes Wright and Tams all need to hit the road.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wish they’d just sign TR to a contract and drop a few contract people to do so

I ADORE Tristan.  He was my first soap crush when I was but a teen, but I don't want him here on a regular basis because it will mean having him pray at the altar of Sonny and Jason.  I much prefer these occasionaly drop ins where he;s helping Anna with a case.  And maybe the occasional visit with the Scorpio-Drake group.  Enough people (Anna included) have been sacrificed at the SaSon altar.  

5 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Easton, Staff, Wes Wright and Tams all need to hit the road.

Two of those four are medically related on a medical show.  So many others need to go before Finn and Kim.  

• Love 7
On 1/26/2019 at 10:34 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  But Terry is part of the LGBT community and a close friend of Liz's, so why wouldn't she seek her out for advice?  We know next to nothing about their childhood, but there could be something there that Terry could pass along that could be of help. 

It's also possible Terry first identified as gay before realizing her true gender identity (I have a family member who had this experience). 

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On the one hand, talking to Terry does seem like an obvious idea, which means it likely won't happen even though it should.  But, if Liz did talk to Terry, I'd want Terry to point out that being a sensitive kid, liking to bake, and even enjoying a princess show doesn't mean Aiden is gay and thinking that just reinforces antiquated gender stereotypes. I don't see that happening so honestly, whether Liz talks to Terry or not, I see this storyline just irritating me.  

11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

See, they should use the Ryan storyline to accomplish this.  Have him off some of the characters who have overstayed their welcome and are well past their prime.  Sonny would be a great one to kill because no one would see that coming and it would improve the show immensely.  Sam's a great pile of uselessness so maybe she can get killed too, especially great if she is killed while playing dress up trying to nab the killer undercover.  Carly can get dropped to recurring and she can get rolled out when they need her for a Metrocourt scene or when Joss needs a mother figure. Jason has an accident that turns him back into Jason Quartermaine and he finishes med school. Then TR can get on contract and continue kicking ass and taking names.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this.  On the one hand, talking to Terry does seem like an obvious idea, which means it likely won't happen even though it should.  But, if Liz did talk to Terry, I'd want Terry to point out that being a sensitive kid, liking to bake, and even enjoying a princess show doesn't mean Aiden is gay and thinking that just reinforces antiquated gender stereotypes.

That would be a great way to start to develop Terry's character and talk a little about her history. I don't want gender-identity to be her whole story but it's weird that Liz/the writers are just ignoring this relationship.

• Love 1