Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If they don't have Liz  talk to Terry about this, it's a huge missed opportunity.  

I feel like that's the main reason they brought Terry on. She's also an oncologist, but that was just to give her something to do until they ramped up Aidan's story.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:
3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Liking pink and cupcakes =! Gay, and the stereotypes that are being reinforced here are not healthy ones.  Which doesn't mean there aren't gay men who love pink and baking. But liking pink and baking seem like kind of regressive indicators - the kind of thing you'd come up with 10/20 years ago.

I came from a culture where both men and women (of all sexual orientations) baked and shared in the cooking. I also know kids can be so cruel to pick on someone different as "gay" or other derogatory terms, without the someone being gay. So, I know where Show is going, but it's hitting false notes with me.

This is exactly why I hate this story. I'd like this story to be about Aidan getting teased because of his likes and that's it. It would be much more progressive if Cam were the one who was figuring out if he was gay: His tastes are less stereotypical, he seems to be one of the "cool kids" at school, he plays sports. Let's show that anyone can be gay, not just the guys who like baking, pink icing, and princesses. 

Don't even get me started on the Valerie/Kristina story, which right now comes across (to me) as Valerie wanting to try things with Kristina because she's horny and there are no dudes for her to sleep with. Insulting and regressive.

As always, the show takes the path of least imagination and care.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

lmao, I have to say, the comments on here about the big Jason and Sam reunion sex, are giving me life. Even funnier, on social media, their shippers are all gushing and declaring themselves in tears over how magical and amazing and perfect it all was.

If I ever tear up about two soap characters doing the deed, kill me.

• Love 3

Can't Bobbie be Laura's moral support? She is Lulu's aunt, after all. Sonny is SO the wrong person.

LOL at Griffin being Ryan's surgeon. I also liked how Finn hightailed it out once he thought Ava wouldn't stab Griffin with a scalpel, hee.

Robert Fucking! Scorpio! Always a treat for sore eyes.

5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

One of Jason's first things to do was to call Carly and tell her that he and Sam had sex? And then Carly gloated to Sonny? That is so gross and everything that is wrong with this show.

Also dumb and childish, which describes everyone involved.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

One of Jason's first things to do was to call Carly and tell her that he and Sam had sex? And then Carly gloated to Sonny? That is so gross and everything that is wrong with this show.

Gross.  What are they, high schoolers who have to share that they 'did it?'

• Love 7

Wow, Jason can successfully scramble eggs! Give the man a Nobel prize in chemistry!

Spinelli texted he was about to land? You can text when you're on the ground, but not in the air, I thought.

I really wished that when Jason said, "I'm coming back," he got kidnapped and we never saw him again.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's also gross that Jason sat there like a bump on a log and said nothing to defend the "love of his life" when Carly smugly opinioned that maybe someday Sam would actually be worthy of him.

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Also dumb and childish, which describes everyone involved.

It's also weirdly out-of-character for him to talk about his sex life, especially with Carly.

I just.... Are the writers actually this bad at their jobs? Or do they actually think that their writing reflects the intelligence and maturity level of their audience?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's all so weirdly out-of-character for him to talk about his sex life, especially with Carly.

Don’t you feel his relationship with Carly has been OOC since he got back? I guess you could say it makes sense because he lost five years of his life, but he used to spend the majority of his time rolling his eyes at her and didn’t have problems telling her to shut up when she insulted women he was dating.

• Love 6

Robert Fucking! Scorpio is at GH. He should stop in and see his old friend Laura Webber and give her support. I don't care that Sonny is Lulu's father-in-law. It's so wrong he's the only one with Laura.

I hope Emme got in a nap during her brief unconscious scene. Of course Jordan didn't think about putting a police guard on Lulu's room.

LOL at Sonny's unimpressed reaction to Carly's big "news" about Sam and Jason. 

So it's only after Sam and Jason sleep together that she's worried about

The Elizabeth/Aidan cuddle was so cute, as was Jake telling Aidan to take the win of eating a cupcake at 10 a.m. That discussion was so realistic.

• Love 6

It was nice to see Robert Scorpio and I will just always love the interaction between him and Anna, which puts Anna's other interactions on the show to shame.

Carly is gross. Jason and Sam had sex, let's throw confetti. Sonny spent the night in the hospital because her cousin Lulu was stabbed and almost died and the first thing she tells him about is Sam and Jason are back together? WTF is wrong with these writers? Priorities are all in the wrong place.

Lulu, latest victim of the serial killer has no cops posted outside her door. 

And Sam is now sitting by her phone with anxiety because Jason went out. Welcome back to square one. And Drew was the one who was suffocating her and not allowing her to be herself. Good one!

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Sam is now sitting by her phone with anxiety

And it’s funny that they’re basically masking it as her being “irrational.” No, she has anxiety. Will the show actually develop this? No. 

• Love 4

They are making Sam such a twit.  She's so thrilled that Jason made her a grilled cheese sandwich and now scrambled eggs, and she's terrified to let him out of her sight.  Why didn't she go with him to meet up with Spinelli? It's about her stalker after all.   But then, we couldn't have got that high school scene of Carly and Jason gossiping about Jason's love life.

By the way, did they ever say where Danny and Scout are, or are we to assume they are at Monica's where Drew is taking care of them when he's not in tender scenes with Carly? I hope BM is getting enough money to make it worth his while to be in scenes only to prop LW

I loved seeing RF!S back and TR giving a master class in how to be charming, even if Robert could have sent the file through an encrypted email.  Go talk to Laura, Robert. Remember all those good times in earlier days? I hate Sonny for making me fast forward through the Laura scenes.

Liz's family scenes were lovely even if they are writing a stereotypical story. It's nice to see one of the show's families supportive rather than hysterical. I thought her worries about what would happen to Aiden when he's older was very realistic. So was Franco's rebuttal that they have ten years before they have to worry about that.

45 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Don’t you feel his relationship with Carly has been OOC since he got back? I guess you could say it makes sense because he lost five years of his life, but he used to spend the majority of his time rolling his eyes at her and didn’t have problems telling her to shut up when she insulted women he was dating.

It feels like the writers are trying to recreate the Jason and his relationships of before without actually knowing what they were like. The horror of Jason and Sam scenes isn't all on the actors.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yes! These writers have been here for long enough to grasp the basics of these relationships.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And Sam is now sitting by her phone with anxiety because Jason went out. Welcome back to square one. And Drew was the one who was suffocating her and not allowing her to be herself. Good one!

To be fair, Drew did ~make her sit at a desk and wear a skirt.  That monster!

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

To be fair, Drew did ~make her sit at a desk and wear a skirt.  That monster!

He wanted to move her away from Port Charles to keep her and their children safe, even! And she agreed!

• Love 4

I'm in the Eastern Time Zone, where the show was interrupted, so now I'm time-addled.  Here's where I'm confused. Yesterday, Aiden wanted to take his cupcakes to school and was told he could frost them in the morning. Today, none of the kids are going to school, apparently. Did Liz decide to keep all the kids home from school to avoid the possible cupcake problem? Was there a snow day declared? Did it suddenly become Saturday? 

And, FWIW, no school in the area where I taught allowed home-made products to be brought in for general consumption. Any parties, celebrations, fetes, etc. had to have food that was commercially made for health and safety reasons. 

• Love 1

And Sam is now sitting by her phone with anxiety

And it’s funny that they’re basically masking it as her being “irrational.” No, she has anxiety. Will the show actually develop this? No. 

At least KM looked awake this week but seemed more thrilled about the eggs than the sex.  Not judging.  Thankfully, Sam is not on one of her non-stop crying benders.  Sam also referred to herself as "crazy" twice in the episode.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Sonny Laura's only support system? You'd think she's new to town and doesn't know anyone.

TPTB bring Bobbie out for Lucy's stupid book reveal, but they won't even show her supporting Laura while her niece is recovering from a stab wound in the hospital.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

TPTB bring Bobbie out for Lucy's stupid book reveal, but they won't even show her supporting Laura while her niece is recovering from a stab wound in the hospital.

Seriously.  If not for Laura, then the fact Lulu is her beloved brother's only daughter should be enough.  

I guess Bobbie can only hand out tea and sympathy to Carly.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously.  If not for Laura, then the fact Lulu is her beloved brother's only daughter should be enough.  

I guess Bobbie can only hand out tea and sympathy to Carly.  

Yeah, it irritates me how TPTB missuse the vets on this show. We rarely see them as it is, so the least they can do when we do see them is showcase them correctly. There is no reason why Bobbie shouldn't be at GH holding Laura's hand and comforting both her and Lulu.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I missed that part due to Trump's speech. It is completely uncharacteristic for Jason to talk to Carly about those kind of matters. It would be have been more realistic if Carly dropped by Sam's place while Jason was there and figured it out on her own.

• Love 3

Jason never outright said he and Sam had slept together; he let the penny drop with Carly. He also let her gush about it. He should have told her MYOB, but that doesn't seem to be in this Jason's repetoire anymore.

Edited by dubbel zout
"you" isn't "her"
  • Love 1

Where is Luke? Where is Lucky? They did say Lulu might not make it through the night. Did they even mention why her father and brother would not be coming? Maxie seems more concerned about Peter. Oh well, hopefully the dearth of visitors and lack of guard on the ONLY living witness who can ID the serial killer will give said serial killer an opportunity to finish the job.   

• Love 7
Just now, TVbitch said:

Where is Luke? Where is Lucky? They did say Lulu might not make it through the night. Did they even mention why her father and brother would not be coming? Maxie seems more concerned about Peter. Oh well, hopefully the dearth of visitors and lack of guard on the ONLY living witness who can ID the serial killer will give said serial killer an opportunity to finish the job.   

What you said. Lulu is a cop's wife, Sonny's daughter-in-law, the mayor's daughter, and most importantly she is the latest and only living victim of the serial killer. Why in the world are there not police guards at her hospital room or even one/two of Sonny's men?!

• Love 8
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why is Sonny Laura's only support system?

Let's see....Valentin killed one of her sons and the other is wandering around cemetaries sherking his parental duties and trying to find himself.  Oh and her son in law is spending 89 years looking for some guy who threw Lulu off a boat 12 years ago.  Oh, and apparently Sonny is the patriarch of the show.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

at Sonny's unimpressed reaction to Carly's big "news" about Sam and Jason. 

Hey, we have to put your father in a facility and your daughter-in-law/my cousin was stabbed by a homicidal maniac, but alls' good in the world because Jason and Sam played hide the salami.  

• Love 5

In the past 24 hours Sonny has dealt with facing the fact he has to put Mike in a permanent care facility, had his daughter-in-law stabbed and his stepdaughter ~trapped in a eight-foot-nothing-hole catacomb.  But, yes, Carly, by ALL means practically strong-arm him into admitting you were right that Jason and Sam would get back together and how it's so awesome that you were right. 

God, could she be anymore of a narcissist?

Also, gotta love how Jordan was harder on LWB than she's ever been on Sonny or Jason.  PCPD at its finest.

Also, part two: for a computer genius (per him), Spinelli can't just skype with Jason to let him know what he found out, re Sam's stalker?  For someone who left town he's IN town way too much.  Also, part three: if it's Sam's stalker, why is she not involved in the meeting?  But, sure, Sam, Jason let's you be independent.

• Love 7

I need more Robert.  And less...everything else.

eta: @TeeVee329  Lulu squeezed Laura's hand, Laura ran to get a doctor (since there is no way to summon assistance from a patient's room).  And next scene Ryan is hovering over Lulu and her eyes are open.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 4
On 1/24/2019 at 8:43 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'd be happy to have him get a brain injury that turns him back into Jason Quartermaine.  I'd love to see she-beast's reaction to that.

That would be a true game-changer, a classically soapy development that would realign the entire canvas and create endless possibilities for compelling drama.

Therefore, the writers will never do it.

16 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I just with BM would go back to Y&R and JT would come back to GH. 

BM going back to Y&R and reclaiming his rightful role would be an awesome development.  But there is no place for Patrick Drake on the canvas anymore and JT is too untalented to make any scene work unless he has KMc in it to carry his sorry ass.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

BM going back to Y&R and reclaiming his rightful role would be an awesome development.  But there is no place for Patrick Drake on the canvas anymore and JT is too untalented to make any scene work unless he has KMc in it to carry his sorry ass.

Aaaaw, JT is better on GH. :p No, but I agree with you that they shouldn't bring Patrick back, at least not full time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Why was sam acting like a tweaker during the breakfast scenes pulling her hoodie down her shoulder and then up again?

OMG OMG he made scrambled eggs!  The attempt to recreate almost word for word dialogue used when Billy was Jason is just sad, but whatever I guess.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Hater said:

I thought Kelly looked particularly haggard today.

OMG OMG he made scrambled eggs!  The attempt to recreate almost word for word dialogue used when Billy was Jason is just sad, but whatever I guess.

They just copy and paste their dialogue for a lot of crap. I remember the Dante/Valerie morning after scene played a lot like the friggin Anna/Sloane morning after scene. I feel like they have a big book of candy heart phrases by their computers.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

And they really should. I complained (a lot) about the fact that they didn't bother to play this story beat with Jakeson so I hope they actually do something with it. It's too bad that they wasted the Sonny shooting on cat-shit disease. A "Who Shot Sonny" story  would be a good next step 

• Love 1

I haven’t seen Friday’s show yet, so forgive me if I’m missing something important in the Aiden storyline.  But so far, what I see is a boy who likes traditional “girly” things (nothing wrong with that), little kids who call him gay because of it (sounds like what little bully kids would do), and parents/parental figures who are having a conversation about the possibility that said boy could be gay due to the fact that his peers are calling him gay. I heard no indication that Liz equated cupcakes with homosexuality. I heard a parent who sees that her little boy is going through something and she doesn’t know what, coupled with people calling him gay, and it seems natural that she would consider the possibility. What would be regressive would be her saying “My boy gay? No way.” and dismissing it out of hand. So I don’t think the show is doing a bad job of it...yet. That can always change.

16 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

If they don't have Liz  talk to Terry about this, it's a huge missed opportunity.  

I don’t know why. Transgender and gay are not the same thing.

• Love 3

I apparently wasn’t paying close enough attention, so can someone explain Jason’s underwater adventure to me? He fell through the floor to some subterranean sewer or something? And instead of waiting for someone to lower a ladder, he just wandered off? And then decided to swim into the unknown instead of heading back to where he could be lifted out? (I admit, I was so confounded and mesmerized by the grates, trying to figure out if that was toilet paper or paper towels and how they came to be so carefully wrapped around the bars, that I totally lost the storyline at that point.)

So how then did he come to be unconscious and floating in the poo water (assuming that was toilet paper)? I know Sam had Spinelli research where the tunnels branched out to, but there was only one possible outlet? At that one pier? Did any of that make sense to anybody??

One last comment, about the post-rescue sex: Of course Sam can have sex with her pants on. She can give birth through them, right?

• Love 3

Jason equating Sam to nothing more than a receptacle to his friend was fantastic!  "haven't been better in six years!"  Nothing about how much he loves her but how much he wanted to get laid!  Glorious.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, gotta love how Jordan was harder on LWB than she's ever been on Sonny or Jason.  PCPD at its finest.

So about this, nice how the PCPD looked utterly incompetent and Peter had to remind Jordan that they are looking for a serial killer and that he couldn't be it because he was at Jordan's wedding when Kiki was murdered.

We found the shoe print of a shoe everyone buys and that you are wearing, therefore, it could be you. Jordan could not have looked stupider if she tried. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So about this, nice how the PCPD looked utterly incompetent and Peter had to remind Jordan that they are looking for a serial killer and that he couldn't be it because he was at Jordan's wedding when Kiki was murdered.

We found the shoe print of a shoe everyone buys and that you are wearing, therefore, it could be you. Jordan could not have looked stupider if she tried. 

Oh yes she can. 

When Lulu stumbled in front of everyone after being stabbed Jordan did not send all the cops that she had stationed at the Metrocourt (because she thought the serial killer would do something during the book launch) to Lulu's office located in the same building until well after a blind Ryan left the scene of the crime and was taken to GH.

But to top that off, Jordan knows that Lulu has been writing articles on Ryan and the serial killer whom everyone suspects is a Ryan copycat killer.  Even though Lulu was stabbed like the other victims, Jordan doesn't think to have a posted guard outside of Lulu's hospital. Even if she wasn't a victim of a serial killer, she is the wife of one of Jordan's detectives and she should have done that at least until Lulu's attacker was found.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:
23 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don’t know why. Transgender and gay are not the same thing.

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  But Terry is part of the LGBT community and a close friend of Liz's, so why wouldn't she seek her out for advice?  We know next to nothing about their childhood, but there could be something there that Terry could pass along that could be of help. 

It's also possible Terry first identified as gay before realizing her true gender identity (I have a family member who had this experience). 

• Love 3

Bobbie not being there with Laura is definitely an omission, but for me the biggest and most glaring absence from the tale of Lulu's peril is Olivia.  There's no way in hell that Olivia wouldn't be there for her son's wife, her daughter-in-law.  We could have had some decent female bonding with Laura and Olivia, even some pretty cool awkwardness as Olivia notes that she knows just how Laura feels as she directs a piercing glance at Sonny. ("You just shot your own son!")

But nope. Just Laura with Sonny, which is crazy stupid wrong.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

And they really should. I complained (a lot) about the fact that they didn't bother to play this story beat with Jakeson so I hope they actually do something with it. It's too bad that they wasted the Sonny shooting on cat-shit disease. A "Who Shot Sonny" story  would be a good next step 

But they never will because Sam was always the one ~perfect~ for Jason because she just let him do whatever he wants. They’ll never change Jason or Sam to move beyond this “criminal lifestyle.” For whatever reason, and I don’t care to analyze why, most of their fans like this decade-old schtick where they run around with guns in heeled boots and tight t-shirts, with Spinelli and his laptop as a tag along. This is it. Sadly.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

But they never will because Sam was always the one ~perfect~ for Jason because she just let him do whatever he wants. They’ll never change Jason or Sam to move beyond this “criminal lifestyle.” For whatever reason, and I don’t care to analyze why, most of their fans like this decade-old schtick where they run around with guns in healed boots and tight t-shirts, with Spinelli and his laptop as a tag along. This is it. Sadly.

Yeah I don't think those scenes meant anything yesterday, it was more nostalgia for their stans to coo over.  This time he came home to Scam and didn't die!

Spoiler

Sam's next story is essentially her going back to her con days.  

Thrilling adventure for the leather twins and their son Spinelli.  I wish somehow Drew could get custody of Scout.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Hater said:

Yeah I don't think those scenes meant anything yesterday, it was more nostalgia for their stans to coo over.  This time Lassie came home to Scam and didn't die!

Sam's next story is essentially her going back to her con days.   Thrilling adventure for the leather twins and their son Spinelli.  I wish somehow Drew could get custody of Scout.

It is funny that TPTB believes that Jason coming back and not dying was the main obstacle JaSam had to overcome in order to move on. Let’s pretend like what happened last time could never happen again...except it very much could because NOTHING CHANGED.

• Love 4