Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Hater said:

It makes me uncomfortable too at this point. She almost always looks visibly repulsed by him.

She closes her eyes at....interesting moments.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is the big reunion sex between your insanely shipped couple...and that's what you do, shove it in to the end of an episode?  The show's handling of this whole Jason/Sam/at one point Drew thing since Jason returned has been horrid.

Beginning, middle, or end, the entire story was handled horribly because they never discussed anything, or had any real drama. Apparently the only thing show needed to do is have 90 lbs. Sam “save” Jason and everything is full circle! Wow! 

Where’s Scout again?

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Curtis should always wear a suit. He is so goddamn dashing in it.

This should be in his contract because, damn, the man wears a suit like James Bond.

32 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Josslyn: "Jason saved my life"

Like mother, like daughter.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I need someone to explain to me how MIke's Alzheimers works.  He remember Yvonne, he remembers "the mean guy" but doesn't remember that said guy's name is Marcus and that he's Yvonne's husband.  Sure.  

I don't know if memory loss is predictable, from people I know with their parents with Alzheimers, some days they remember them, some days they don't, until it gets to the point they totally don't remember, I think the progression is the same for everyone.

Skinny little Sam pulling hulking Jason out of the water while she was wearing her  scuba weight belt.  Now THAT is something I doubt.

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Also, is it wrong that I want Jason to develop some internal bleeding from those cracked ribs?  

I was thinking some sort of flesh eating bacteria after swimming through the sewers. 

33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This is the big reunion sex between your insanely shipped couple...and that's what you do, shove it in to the end of an episode?  The show's handling of this whole Jason/Sam/at one point Drew thing since Jason returned has been horrid.

They're a train wreck. It looked as hard for those two to film that love scene as it was to watch it. And I was able to deduce this on 3x FF speed. The lead up was pathetic. Instead of having them kiss once out of the water full of adrenaline they chill out and phone...Carly. The Brandy, shower, grilled cheese bits were a misfire on trying to be cute. It was awkward because everything they do is painfully awkward and passionless. Every episode they're in they suck the life out of it. Even platonic roommates Sonny and Carly bring better stuff. 

• Love 8

... ... now I need a shower, too. yellow-onion-head-emoticon-42.gif

Jason should totally switch to blue t-shirts though. They really make his eyes pop. 

Jake and Aiden whiffing their high-five was cute. I'm with Liz, let Jake take the cupcakes to school. Maybe have Charlotte be the first to take one and say how delicious they are.    

• Love 1

Haven't watched the "love scene" yet.

Still laughing about how the brilliant Jason Morgan stone cold mob hitman, didn't have enough smarts to just keep his ass put. Pretty sure he knew the rescue squad was on the way-even if he didn't. Everyone over the age of 8 knows that you that you STAY PUT DUMBASS. How hard is that to figure out? Instead he wanders through the tunnels, removes a toiletpaper (ewwwww) covered grate & freaking swims in the sewers to the docks??

And somehow 80lb Sam knows he'll surface there and in full wetsuit(?) and tank is ready to jump in & save him this time like she couldn't before? (BTW, so is that were they dump the sewage in PC? lol) If they are trying to recreate when she lost him before,then OMG, these writers need to rethink A LOT of their writing (which they need to do anyway.)

This is all so bad. Not sure I can watch them consummate (or is it reconstitute lol) their twu wuv. (I wonder what their faces looked like when they saw that script for the first time.)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This should be in his contract because, damn, the man wears a suit like James Bond.

Fact.  Aint nothing wrong with that man in a suit.  Actually, very little is wrong with that man.  Only faults I see are him working with Sam and being buddies with that nutter, Nina.  I want more scenes with him and Drew. Chase should become their friend, as well. Let Curtis replace Sonny as the face of the show.

53 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Am I wrong for wishing that Jason got yet another brain injury and this one was fatal.

I'd be happy to have him get a brain injury that turns him back into Jason Quartermaine.  I'd love to see she-beast's reaction to that.

• Love 12

lmao, I have to say, the comments on here about the big Jason and Sam reunion sex, are giving me life. Even funnier, on social media, their shippers are all gushing and declaring themselves in tears over how magical and amazing and perfect it all was.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

lmao, I have to say, the comments on here about the big Jason and Sam reunion sex, are giving me life. Even funnier, on social media, their shippers are all gushing and declaring themselves in tears over how magical and amazing and perfect it all was.

It was as magical as a wet fart. Any more magic and it would have turned into something more vile.

• Love 3

For some reason that erotic passion filled love scene made me want to hear "Pain" by the Ohio Players. Somehow having that as background music made it so perverse and amusing.

It is a day later and it still really irks my soul that the only one there to comfort Laura in her time of need was Sonny. That was so  completely wrong. The writers need to stop positioning CarSon as worthwhile members of the community. Plus once again Ryan has failed to live up to my expectations of a serial killer.

I liked Willow's dress. However I'm growing tired of her sour stomach face in situations regarding the baby. This story is going to go on forever and that face should not..

I'm real ready for some scenes with Curtis, Chase, Drew and Robert. They could go on some kind of handsome man adventure leaving their lame storylines behind. Or on the cheap side, a card game at Chase 's apartment would be good. 

For some reason that erotic passion filled love scene made me want to hear "Pain" by the Ohio Players. Somehow having that as background music made it so perverse and amusing.

It is a day later and it still really irks my soul that the only one there to comfort Laura in her time of need was Sonny. That was so  completely wrong. The writers need to stop positioning CarSon as worthwhile members of the community. Plus once again Ryan has failed to live up to my expectations of a serial killer.

I liked Willow's dress. However I'm growing tired of her sour stomach face in situations regarding the baby. This story is going to go on forever and that face should not..

I'm real ready for some scenes with Curtis, Chase, Drew and Robert. They could go on some kind of handsome man adventure leaving their lame storylines behind. Or on the cheap side, a card game at Chase 's apartment would be good. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

on social media, their shippers are all gushing and declaring themselves in tears over how magical and amazing and perfect it all was.

93% of those on that app think KeMo and SBu are best friends. That should set the scene for you, lol.

• Love 4

Was I the only one creeped out by "I'll carry you to the shower"?  Because I vaguely recall original recipe Franco drugging Sam and grabbing her out of her shower.  (Wrapping her in the shower curtain?)

I'm surprised they got SBu to take off his shirt.  Doesn't he hate that because he has to work out and stay away from the donuts?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I'm surprised they got SBu to take off his shirt.  Doesn't he hate that because he has to work out and stay away from the donuts?

I feel like that became a running joke bc he would never take off his shirt for JaSam scenes until they got back together in like, ‘08/‘09.

5 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Was I the only one creeped out by "I'll carry you to the shower"?  Because I vaguely recall original recipe Franco drugging Sam and grabbing her out of her shower.  (Wrapping her in the shower curtain?)

Didn't think of that, but it's kind of creepy and the way he said it too.

Sbu didn't look all that great.  Sure he's in shape but that man is not sexy in the slightest.  Yuck.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Because heaven forbid we do a storyline about breaking down gender stereotypes and have a perfectly straight Aiden enjoy baking and princess shows more than football. And you just know the writers are paying themselves on the back for being so with it and edgy doing an obnoxiously obvious and stereotypical storyline.

Exactly.

I did think the Elizabeth/Franco discussion about Aidan maybe being gay was well done.

Of course the great Jason Morgan can't go to the ER to get checked out. This does not make him look strong and invincible. It makes him look reckless and stupid. I did LOL at the hilarious sweatpants he was wearing. Another LOL at his reaction to brandy, as if it's some brand new liquor he's never heard of.

Of course Sonny makes Mike's worsening condition about Sonny, and then he has the nerve to pat himself on the back for finally putting Mike someplace he can get the proper care.

Mercifully, I FFed through the Jason/Sam love scene. I hope their fans were happy.

• Love 4

KM pretty much had the most non-erotic sports bra possible on in that "love" scene -- and, as someone pointed out, long pants instead of her usual lingerie. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but at the beginning, it looked like they were going to do that thing where the woman hungrily kisses a man's stomach. But KM just kind of kneeled down, looked at it, and then got back up again, LOL.  

• Love 6

I didn't watch the Jasam love scene. I just saw screencaps and that was enough to portray the horrid I am sure it was. I am tickled that Sam still can't cook for Jason, but she made Patrick a damn risotto before she took him upstairs to sex him in the bed and shower.

Twitter hadn't been this funny in ages about this show.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

KM pretty much had the most non-erotic sports bra possible on in that "love" scene -- and, as someone pointed out, long pants instead of her usual lingerie. Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but at the beginning, it looked like they were going to do that thing where the woman hungrily kisses a man's stomach. But KM just kind of kneeled down, looked at it, and then got back up again, LOL.  

I noticed the same thing.  She looked at it and I thought "oh she'll kiss his stomach" instead she kind of looked like she wanted to throw up.

• Love 3

It was cute when Sam said "no, I'm just gonna leave him out on the pier" in response to Carly asking if she was gonna make sure Jason was okay. 

The sex scene was awkward but I think most are.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I am tickled that Sam still can't cook for Jason, but she made Patrick a damn risotto

I forgot about that. RC decided she should stop working for herself and just learn to cook

• Love 2

Out of curiosity, I looked to see if the fanbase had made any Drewson/Sam love montages, and of course they had. The contrast is -- striking, to put it mildly. I think their first actual "doin' it" scene is around the 2-minute mark, but they were practically dry-humping even before their characters progressed from kissing to being sexually involved.   

• Love 15

I don't get it.  If you see that your actress played a much happier Sam with a fake Jason, how can you allow this to continually air?  It's not just a tiny difference, it's a chasm. Now forget even sex scenes, I'm talking about basic happiness..looking like you are not dead inside and hate yourself because you are in the same room as your apparent "true love."

It's torture.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

I don't get it.  If you see that your actress played a much happier Sam with a fake Jason, how can you allow this to continually air?  It's not just a tiny difference, it's a chasm. Now forget even sex scenes, I'm talking about basic happiness..looking like you are not dead inside and hate yourself because you are in the same room as your apparent "true love."

It's torture.

Personally, I think KeMo and BM were probably perceived as unprofessional when SBu came back and it turned off TPTB, so now we are all suffering the consequences. Ha.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Personally, I think KeMo and BM were probably perceived as unprofessional when SBu came back and it turned off TPTB, so now we are all suffering the consequences. Ha.

Oh for sure I agree it played a part but how is TPTB winning anything when Monaco looks like she'd rather take a rusty nail in her eye than act with Steve Burton?  This is torture. I'd rather see Sam with freaking Finn than watch this garbage with Jason. 

Even Peter...anyone but Jason! 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

But, that's not how jobs work, especially not acting jobs - and it's for sure not how jobs work on the 4th place soap.

You like working with your bf more than your previous pairing? Noted. Now, act.  It's just continuing to make KeMo look unprofessional. And it doesn't reflect badly on SBu, he shows up and does his job.

This isn't Sonny/Angel; it's a popular pairing with an established, popular character and a rabid devoted fanbase.

GF was apparently devastated over being forced to come back to GH, but Laura ran into Luke's arms like she never wanted to be anywhere else ever again.

Maybe if KeMo had played the damn triangle the writers were obviously trying to set up, she would have ended up with a different outcome at the end of it. At minimum, she'd have been able to work with BM for longer.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

She's clearly not going act and even if she starts to, it's not going to salvage this horrid ship. They're toast.  Finished.  So maybe TPTB should take some other action instead of continually allowing her to behave this way.  Like @HeatLifer said the audience is suffering from this. 

Allowing your actors to have this much control in how stories turn out on screen is a bad look.

Don't agree about Burton, he's more present than her but that's not saying much.  His "i love you" today sounded like disdain.   There's nothing going on both sides in my opinion and I doubt it's going to get better.

Spoiler

Sam apparently cozies up to Shiloh to get information.  I'd bet Kemo tries more with him than she does with Burton and the difference will be striking as well.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
On 1/21/2019 at 6:45 PM, ByaNose said:

First off, I’m surprised that the show went there. Lulu on the lying on the floor in cold blood and then getting up. At first, I thought it was a dream sequence. Then she shows up in the elevator and almost walks a mile before anyone does or says anything. It was kind of comical. “Hey, it’s Lulu.....why is she stumbling crying for her Mommy......Oh, wait! Is that blood?......Wait! This could be serious.” LOL!!! Then Ryan goes randomly blind. Okayyyyyyy, whatever!!!! The soaps have been real good at keeping casting/firings close to the vest so I’m dying to see how this plays out. All in all, it was an exciting episode but with a few unintended laughs by the show itself. C’mon! Emme Rylan coming from the elevator, down the steps and then finally falling to the floor while everyone just stared at her was HYSTERICAL!!!!!

This post is days old, but I just had to agree. Whoever directed that entire sequence needs to be fired. Emme literally had nothing to work with, lol.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I feel like that became a running joke bc he would never take off his shirt for JaSam scenes until they got back together in like, ‘08/‘09.

He didn't like taking off his shirt on Y and R and we the viewers were grateful.  I remember one sex scene with Sharon in his entire time there, where he was shirtless. It was kind of dark and I am pretty sure every one was looking at Sharon, not him.

3 minutes ago, bannana said:

He didn't like taking off his shirt on Y and R and we the viewers were grateful.  I remember one sex scene with Sharon in his entire time there, where he was shirtless. It was kind of dark and I am pretty sure every one was looking at Sharon, not him.

That man should never do love scenes.  He's just not good at them. Whether it's with an actress that wants to do them with him or not.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

I'm not really convinced there's any feuding between Burton and Monaco, even though she obviously prefers to work with BM. (Not going by the screen here but because they are friends off-screen.) I mean no one is really setting this show alight nowadays.

I'm not really convinced there's any feuding between Burton and Monaco, even though she obviously prefers to work with BM. (Not going by the screen here but because they are friends off-screen.) I mean no one is really setting this show alight nowadays.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That's true too. I mean, it's obvious that she prefers to work with BM*. But whenever I've watched a scene after reading about it here, I'm surprised that it doesn't include active revulsion - just a lack of effort.**

*Embarrassingly obvious after the Twitter campaign

**Occasionally, an embarrassing lack of effort

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Yeah, I think LW prefers working with MB & SB. KM prefers working with BM. There was no way that SB was coming back to the show and not be paired up with KM. So, that left BM out of working with LW & MB. It's so complicated. I just wish BM would go back to Y&R and JT would come back to GH. Throw in bringing back IR to GH and I'll be happy. And, isn't that what we all want. Me to be happy?! LOL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Hater said:

Now forget even sex scenes, I'm talking about basic happiness..looking like you are not dead inside and hate yourself because you are in the same room as your apparent "true love."

It's torture.

This is really the most striking thing for me. Granted I don't watch the show regularly and at best give it a few cursory glances. But every time I do and I see Sam and Jason, the "great love story", what stands out to me is that Sam looks resigned. Not happy, not giddy, not passionately in love, not even a "comfortable, this is my normal/my home" kind of love. Just this dead eyes, resigned expression. Like that woman who accepts her relationship is shit but accepts that she'll never end it and so she's just resigned. And every time I think, this is the pairing that you have to root for?

Like I get nostalgia. Trust, I was totally a Jason/Sam shipper back in the day (before the Summer of Sleaze where I said fuck the writers and the pairing became dead to me) but that magic those two had is long gone. As my friend would say, this is the remains of Sam and Jason. Like some Weekend at Bernie's shit where they're dragging the dead bodies of this once interesting pairing and trying to make them seem alive. 

As for the passion and love scenes, honestly, if I think about it, I don't think think Burton has ever really been a great romantic partner despite being a part of all these legendary pairings on the show. Maybe way back in the day he had better chemistry but I think it's been years since he stopped putting much effort and having any kind of real passionate connection with any of his screen partners. In my opinion, it's one of the reasons he fell so flat on Y&R. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9

I assume a lot of people here saw the Best Picture winner of a couple years ago, Moonlight. In that movie, we follow the same character at three points of life, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. In the first part of the movie, he is about Aiden's age. Everyone realizes he's gay (or, tm Curb Your Enthusiasm, "pre-gay"). His mother. The drug dealer who becomes a father figure of sorts, and that man's girlfriend. Other kids his age. The first time we see him, he has taken refuge in an abandoned building because other kids are chasing him. Excerpt from the screenplay:

PAULA: You ever see the way he walk, Juan?

JUAN: Watch your damn mouth.

[Paula real close now, extremely close, her nose at his chin, looking up into his eyes:]

PAULA: You gon' tell him why the other boys kick his ass all the time? Huh?

Now, Barry Jenkins could have made a movie about a kid who proves everyone wrong by growing up to be crazy about the ladies. That just wasn't the story he chose to tell. The character was, in fact, gay. In the final third of the movie, he has a male love interest. The people who knew him at a young age sensed something, and whether they were cruel about it or compassionate about it, they were not wrong.  

I think the General Hospital story is trying for something similar. Liz does have two other sons, and there are several other boys on the canvas who, if the show goes on long enough to SORAS them, will be there to carry the torch for heterosexuality. I actually think it's a refreshing change from the usual gay reveals in soaps, such as Lucas and Kristina, who become gay or bi in their young adulthood for storyline purposes, with no preparation of it.

Edit: Spelling of Jenkins's first name.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7

He didn't like taking off his shirt on Y and R and we the viewers were grateful.  

and when he used to take off his shirt in love scenes...  (this is JMO) It's the least sexy thing ever. He has this habit of putting his arms up so the woman can take his shirt off... it's really weird, it always struck me as kind of child-like... The way a kid will stand at bedtime and allow you to undress them. I swear it always weirded me out when I saw it.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

The people who knew him at a young age sensed something, and whether they were cruel about it or compassionate about it, they were not wrong.  

Yes, but GH isn't really doing that with Aiden. Spencer? Sure. If he came out next year, I'd be pretty unsurprised.

Liking pink and cupcakes =! Gay, and the stereotypes that are being reinforced here are not healthy ones.  Which doesn't mean there aren't gay men who love pink and baking. But liking pink and baking seem like kind of regressive indicators - the kind of thing you'd come up with 10/20 years ago.

A story that recognizes a young child as gay is probably the kind of social story that soaps used to do a great job of telling - but these are not Moonlight quality writers. They're not even GH quality writers most of the time.

Also, really? Lucky is just going to be MIA for this? Just recast Lucky with a good actor who doesn't have chemistry with BH so that RoHo's position as her love interest isn't threatened

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Given the spoilers about what's coming up story-wise for Franco and Liz, I kinda thought that discussion about Aiden maybe being gay and that they would be there for him if and when he came out was an endpoint versus the launch of something.

And again, Show, how about you tell some real stories with Lucas/Brad (who barely feel like a couple anymore), Kristina/Valerie (whose story got dropped all month) and Terry (who exists only to provide medical exposition or be a talk-to for Liz).

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Given the spoilers about what's coming up story-wise for Franco and Liz, I kinda thought that discussion about Aiden maybe being gay and that they would be there for him if and when he came out was an endpoint versus the launch of something.

And again, Show, how about you tell some real stories with Lucas/Brad (who barely feel like a couple anymore), Kristina/Valerie (whose story got dropped all month) and Terry (who exists only to provide medical exposition or be a talk-to for Liz).

If they don't have Liz  talk to Terry about this, it's a huge missed opportunity.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Also, really? Lucky is just going to be MIA for this? Just recast Lucky with a good actor who doesn't have chemistry with BH so that RoHo's position as her love interest isn't threatened

But the odds of a recast having chemistry with BH are better than good (unless they bring back JY... but he was a horrid Lucky)

add in .... FV doesn't want Lucky around, because in a story about Liz and Lucky's child.... the majority of the story will actually focus on Frodd....

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Liking pink and cupcakes =! Gay, and the stereotypes that are being reinforced here are not healthy ones.  Which doesn't mean there aren't gay men who love pink and baking. But liking pink and baking seem like kind of regressive indicators - the kind of thing you'd come up with 10/20 years ago.

I came from a culture where both men and women (of all sexual orientations) baked and shared in the cooking. I also know kids can be so cruel to pick on someone different as "gay" or other derogatory terms, without the someone being gay. So, I know where Show is going, but it's hitting false notes with me.

God help me, my heart broke for the Moobster. He finally saw that the Mike he knew is slipping away quickly. It would be easier if Mike was lying at GH in a bed and hooked up to machines as brain dead (like BJ), that you know the person s/he once was is no longer, and will not be coming back.

My heart also broke because they inserted the fucking Croton subplot about Pinot Noir and her dead father into the storyline, when it wasn't fucking necessary.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2