Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They should have had Jason slip on a patch of ice and fall into the water. Would have been less contrived than yesterday's episode. 

Jason: I've tripped on Carly's sense of entitlement!  Sam, save me!

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could see how a fan of theirs would looove this setup. ("OMG, she's going to save him, like she couldn't that night, squee!").  But oy, this execution is sooo dumb.

My only hope is that this is finally the end of that particular storyline and moment. It’s absolutely exhausting. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

My only hope is that this is finally the end of that particular storyline and moment. It’s absolutely exhausting. 

Can Peter and Maxie be next? I've never been a Maxie fan but she always seemed to be doing something at least. It's been a year of chitchat with Peter. Kiss at least already.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Can Peter and Maxie be next? I've never been a Maxie fan but she always seemed to be doing something at least. It's been a year of chitchat with Peter. Kiss at least already.

Has Ghost Shirtless Nathan come back to give her his blessings yet?

• Love 2

I legit laughed so hard I cried when Sam dove into the water and we saw her swim to save JAYSIN!!!! I rewound and rewatched about four times. Thank you GH, that will not leave my DVR for a long time. When she showed up to the dock in a wetsuit with an air tank I knew it would be good but that was priceless. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I legit laughed so hard I cried when Sam dove into the water and we saw her swim to save JAYSIN!!!! I rewound and rewatched about four times. Thank you GH, that will not leave my DVR for a long time. When she showed up to the dock in a wetsuit with an air tank I knew it would be good but that was priceless. 

Jason and Sam will forever be stuck in this ONE mode. Matching leather jackets, jeans, boots, and all.

• Love 8

So Jason knows the Fire Department is on its way, but thinks a better survival strategy than staying put to be rescued is to wander around passage ways where no one will know where he is, and then proceed into frigid water in the middle of January. hit-himself-with-a-bat-smiley-emoticon.g 

Hilarious that Spinelli actually confirmed that the room where Oscar and Joss were (not)trapped was only 8 feet below the ground floor.  

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 12

Did anyone else think that the bars Jason was trying to loosen looked like they were covered with toilet paper? And did that lead anyone else to wonder if he was in an old sewer? Or was that just me?

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, rur said:

Did anyone else think that the bars Jason was trying to loosen looked like they were covered with toilet paper? And did that lead anyone else to wonder if he was in an old sewer? Or was that just me?

That's what I deduced, that he escaped through the sewer lol There are so many jokes there, I can't pick just one. 

Jason fell all the way down into the abyss, so far he couldn't be seen or heard, landed on concrete and he's got no broken bones,not even a cut on the head. Why didn't the asshole just wait for emergency services that were coming any minute? It's not like the place was caving in or about to be flooded, right? Did I miss some imminent danger that was mentioned? I'm asking honestly because I tuned out most of the Jasam stuff today until Scuba Sam showed up at the end. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Katy M said:

This reminds me of something that happened back int he early-mid '80s.  Young Alan Jr was played by a kid with dark hair and Jason had blond hair.  That was giving my sister absolute fits since both of Jason's parents had dark hair and one of Alan Jr's (not AJ yet) had blonde hair.

Sorry, that didn't really have anything to do with anything, but you would not believe how much this drove her crazy.  Teenagers have too much time on their hands:)

Two dark parents can easily have a blonde baby.  Recessive genes are always there.  However, for two blonde, blue eyed fair people to have a dark haired, dark eyed baby, well that's pretty much not going to happen . . . except on a soap where they don't always try to match the actors.

41 minutes ago, Grammy6 said:

Two dark parents can easily have a blonde baby.  Recessive genes are always there.  However, for two blonde, blue eyed fair people to have a dark haired, dark eyed baby, well that's pretty much not going to happen . . . except on a soap where they don't always try to match the actors.

I know.  I explained that, I think.  Or, I at least said there was no problem with Alan Jr having dark hair.  But, she just fixated on it. It was kind of funny.  

2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Jason fell all the way down into the abyss, so far he couldn't be seen or heard, landed on concrete and he's got no broken bones,not even a cut on the head. Why didn't the asshole just wait for emergency services that were coming any minute? It's not like the place was caving in or about to be flooded, right? Did I miss some imminent danger that was mentioned?

If he'd stayed put, we wouldn't have been able to have witnessed his masterful thinking: "Somebody built this. There must be a way out."

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
On 1/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, dubbel zout said:

It's beyond annoying that everyone is mad that Julian is actually in the gastropub HE OWNS AND OPERATES. Michael can STFU about Julian being such a terrible person when Michael has forgiven Sonny for much much worse. Michael's smugness was so enraging.

Did anyone else catch it when Carly said that the "cellar" Joss and Oscar was trapped in was at a construction site that was an ELQ/Sonny joint venture?  This means that Michael brought Sonny into ELQ as a partner.  What a disgrace.  It is a total betrayal of Edward, AJ and the rest of the Quartermaines.  How could he spit in Monica's face like that?  He murdered her son in cold blood.  What kind of CEO would partner with a known mobster.  His getting ELQ tied up with Corrinthos Mob Money endangers ELQ.  It's a horrible business move.  Now that Ned is no longer mayor he should regain control over the family company.

Michael is a heinous dullard.  The only time he was interesting is when he cut Sonny and Carly out of his life after he found out about Sonny murdering AJ.  It was great seeing Michael use everything he learned from Sonny and Carly against them.  Vengeful Michael was great to watch.  Can we have Michael Quartermaine back and permanently get rid of Michael Corinthos?   

Edited by movingtargetgal
Triple post edited
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Grammy6 said:

Two dark parents can easily have a blonde baby.

A lot of babies are blond for a year or two and then their hair gets darker. And given that babies are cast basically for their lack of fussiness, I don't pay much attention to what they look like. Remember Inexplicably!Asian Spencer? Or dark-haired little Lulu? 

I loved the lack of urgency on the part of the PCFD. They just stroll in to the work area and wander around. Hee.

I also cracked up at Jason using his cell-phone light and the light was pretty decent as is. The show didn't even try.

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I could see how a fan of theirs would looove this setup. ("OMG, she's going to save him, like she couldn't that night, squee!").  But oy, this execution is sooo dumb.

There is literally no sense of urgency. All Jason had to do was wait for the fire fighters to drop a long enough rope and he could climb up. But then we wouldn't get the hilarious sight of Sam in full scuba gear ready to spring into action. 

We got flashbacks to Kevin having a splitting headache: Bliss.

What was the point of Sonny giving Laura and Jordan privacy if Laura told him the serial killer was the one who stabbed Lulu? FFS. And then we get Sonny being all smug about what a terrible person LWB/FS is because he kept Jason prisoner for five years. So of course it makes perfect sense he'd stab his star Girl Reporter. Again, FFS. I'm surprised Julian hasn't been hauled in and beaten with a rubber hose to confess.

Poor Laura, having only Sonny to give her moral support.

• Love 8

They may be killers but Ryan telling Ava that no matter what happens, he wants her to know that no one has cared for him as much as she has and he's never felt this way about anyone is >>>>>>>> more romantic than whatever they were going with JaSam.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:24 PM, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at Sam's outrage over that seminar of Shiloh's. No one "dragged Kristina's past" out of her. Kristina willingly participated. She was upset because she was talking about an upsetting incident.

While I am not a fan of unqualified people doing therapy, that session was better for Kristina than anything Sam had ever done for her.

12 hours ago, Katy M said:

This reminds me of something that happened back int he early-mid '80s.  Young Alan Jr was played by a kid with dark hair and Jason had blond hair.  That was giving my sister absolute fits since both of Jason's parents had dark hair and one of Alan Jr's (not AJ yet) had blonde hair.

Some people are born blond but their hair darkens as they grow older. An English co-worker of mine said that when she was in school, all the Anglo kids were blond.  Many of them were brown-haired as adults. Susan could have been blonde when she was young, as could Lyla.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Laura dragging Jordan about the violent criminal on the loose...while she stands next to a violent criminal, one she praises as being the only one who could have helped her through this Lulu ordeal?  Yuck.

I'll see your yuck and raise you a puke.  Seriously, when Sonny was questioning Jordan I wanted her to say "hey, criminal, this is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.  Maybe your son would tell you confidential police info, but he's not here right now."  I will say the actress conveyed disgust in her look every time he opened his mouth, so there's that.

• Love 13

Too bad Maxie couldn't tell Nathan that what kept her alive after his death was James and Georgie.  He wouldn't have believed it anyway.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't understand why people keep going to Charlie's and are amazed when the über-villain himself is there. Watching people berate Julian in his place of business doesn't make me cheer those people—it makes me want Julian to ban them forever. The show is shooting itself in the foot when it does fakakta stuff like this.

At least have everyone talk about an amazing appetizer they just cant live without.  You know, like the excuse men use when they drag their families to Hooters.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They may be killers but Ryan telling Ava that no matter what happens, he wants her to know that no one has cared for him as much as she has and he's never felt this way about anyone is >>>>>>>> more romantic than whatever they were going with JaSam.

While I am not a fan of unqualified people doing therapy, that session was better for Kristina than anything Sam had ever done for her.

Some people are born blond but their hair darkens as they grow older. An English co-worker of mine said that when she was in school, all the Anglo kids were blond.  Many of them were brown-haired as adults. Susan could have been blonde when she was young, as could Lyla.

Not for me.  Ava is sleeping with a notorious psycho, and oh yeah, he murdered her child.  Not saying JaSam are even remotely romantic, but at least Sam is knowingly with a killer.  Ava thinks she's with a well respected psychiatrist.  Better her than Laura, but still.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ava is sleeping with a notorious psycho, and oh yeah, he murdered her child.  Not saying JaSam are even remotely romantic, but at least Sam is knowingly with a killer.  Ava thinks she's with a well respected psychiatrist.  Better her than Laura, but still.

The beats on that when Ava finds out SHOULD be interesting.  But knowing this show all it will be about is Sonny and Carly screaming profanities at Ava for sleeping with a killer and how she should've known.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The beats on that when Ava finds out SHOULD be interesting.  But knowing this show all it will be about is Sonny and Carly screaming profanities at Ava for sleeping with a killer and how she should've known.

Ava has a type. She has slept with either doctors (Silas, Griffin, and she thinks Kevin) or killers (Franco, Sonny, Paul, Ryan).

Don't know where Morgan fits as he was neither doctor or killer.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, rur said:
10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Don't know where Morgan fits as he was neither doctor or killer.

Most of us have an idiot in our past.

LOL. Also, Morgan is the exception that proves the rule, I think.

3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I just wanted the PCFD to fill in the hole and go home. 

But however would the hospital survive its current drama without patient Jason to save the day?

I'll be surprised if Jason stays at GH for more than a few hours before figuring out Ryan is really Kevin and therefore the serial killer. Jason will also realize Kevin is at Ferncliffe and needs to be released pronto. Whether he goes there to do it himself depends on how badly injured he was. Speaking of, how did he end up face down in the water? Not that I'm complaining—it won't last nearly long enough—but there was no urgency for him to try to get himself out of that hole. I get we have to have the parallel of Sam finally being able to save him this time, but what knocked him out? Can we give that inanimate object a Chandy?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ava has a type. She has slept with either doctors (Silas, Griffin, and she thinks Kevin) or killers (Franco, Sonny, Paul, Ryan).

There's no one  in another occupation in her age group on the show other than Scott and I think she's slept with him too. Valentin is around the right age but he's a killer too.

Ryan killed Kiki to save Ava pain (and Ava doesn't know he did yet) and he's targeting Sonny and Carly for her. It's all so lovely in a Macbeth kind of way.

• Love 7

Oh, yeah, Shirtless Ghost Nathan and Maxie Show, on behalf of the parents and grandparents who lived and died never to see the Red Sox win a World Series over 86 years, fuck you with 27 Pinstripe Championship Trophies.

I actually give Nina props over Carly in the Stepmother Department for stepping back with Lulu in the hospital, and letting Charlotte go to the hospital. We all know if it was Ava, Carly and Sonny would have Diane filing for sole custody and shipping Avery to the Island.

For a moment, I thought Ryan was going to hide Lulu's Driver's License up his ass.

For a brief, shining moment, Laura told Sonny to GTFO. Of course, it was in a Laura way that "this is classified information, and Sonny, can you go off there?", but I'll take it.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 4

I hate the fact that the mayor of PC has to lean on te biggest, baddest mobster on the east coast. So stupid.

I hate that the moobster second-guessed the effin' commissioner about the investigation. (Are you checking the ERs?) How Jordan kept from bitch slapping that oil stain I'll never know. 

I'm also trying to rack my brain, did Kevin ever work for the WSB (or Ryan the DVX?) 

• Love 3

So they're really going to do a gay storyline with Aiden now?  I find it hilarious that Aiden can make elaborate cupcakes but Jason's limit is grilled cheese sandwiches (but the best ever) while all Sam can manage is micro-wave cheesey broccoli.  How are Danny and Scout getting adequate nutrition? Maybe that's why they're always at Monica's.

I might have more sympathy for Sonny if he wasn't eating the show so much. And when did Mike ever have dignity?

But it's not as bad as JaSam. Nothing is as bad as JaSam amongst the pure white sheets.

• Love 3

Because heaven forbid we do a storyline about breaking down gender stereotypes and have a perfectly straight Aiden enjoy baking and princess shows more than football. And you just know the writers are paying themselves on the back for being so with it and edgy doing an obnoxiously obvious and stereotypical storyline.

Because heaven forbid we do a storyline about breaking down gender stereotypes and have a perfectly straight Aiden enjoy baking and princess shows more than football. And you just know the writers are paying themselves on the back for being so with it and edgy doing an obnoxiously obvious and stereotypical storyline.

That Jasam sex scene made me ill.

• Love 8

How am I supposed to find any fucks to give about that paint-by-numbers sex scene when the previews are promising me ROBERT! in tomorrow's episode? Pretty sure I got more excited seeing Robert's face than Sam did during the entirety of that chaste roll in the hay, tbh. (Sorry, Jason. I know it's GH blasphemy to suggest that you aren't the best at everything you do, but that uninspiring performance and Sam's general listless demeanor don't have me convinced.)

• Love 4

JaSam of the tepid kissed. I can't take that scene seriously with the way those two were kissing. This is one of the worst love scenes ever. I could have done without it. 30 seconds of my live I will never get back.

ETA:

Aiden is gay because classmates who don't really understand what that is called him "gayden" and because he enjoys baking and a princess show? WTF kind of leap is that?

Curtis should always wear a suit. He is so goddamn dashing in it.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

Josslyn: "Jason saved my life"

For the love of Pete, all he did was stand behind her while she climbed a freakin' ladder.  If anything Sam and Carly should get more credit since they were the ones to figure out that the kids had gone to the construction site.  

I need someone to explain to me how MIke's Alzheimers works.  He remember Yvonne, he remembers "the mean guy" but doesn't remember that said guy's name is Marcus and that he's Yvonne's husband.  Sure.  

Also, CarSon (and the writers) need to pick a lane when it some to this story.  A couple of weeks ago, Sonny was all, yes the time is coming to put him somewhere.  Than last week, no way no how, I don't care if he punched me in the face, I'll hire more staff. Than today, yep, I need to place him somewhere.  I'm getting whiplash here.

Kudos to Vernee for that scene between Stella and Curtis where she's upset that Mike may not remember her next time she's sees him.  There was so much sadness on her face.  Memo to Mo, that's how you do it.  None of this fake, squeeze a Visine tear out of one eye.

Jake/Aiden/Franco/Liz:  Not sure what to make of that whole thing, or the message that Aiden must be gay since he's baking and others are calling him gay.  But, I thought Hudson did a good job in that scene, having Jake try to make Liz and Franco understand that Aiden will still be bullied.  And I glad that the message on the ipad was shown to Liz.  

I hate when this show tells us that the women can't cook other than to microwave.  Alexis, Carly, Sam, just stop with that nonsense.  The opposite of course, is Olivia who can bake a dish of ziti in 23 seconds that will feed an army of 75.   There is a middle ground there people.  Also, that grilled cheese that Jason manage to make looked cold and gross.  

Also, is it wrong that I want Jason to develop some internal bleeding from those cracked ribs?  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 9

OMG that was the worst love scene this show has done in months. After Nina/Val and Kiki/Griffith....supercouple JaSam BOMBED again.

My favorite moment...lurch coming at her and her reaction:

5c4a2d6bcd589_ScreenShot2019-01-24at4_23_28PM.png.7d5822a7be6b4aa72cf7af945435988b.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 4.24.01 PM.png

• Love 6

This is the big reunion sex between your insanely shipped couple...and that's what you do, shove it in to the end of an episode?  The show's handling of this whole Jason/Sam/at one point Drew thing since Jason returned has been horrid.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Everything they do is so awkward and makes me uncomfortable. And LOL, is this the first time KeMo wore pants in a love scene? 

It makes me uncomfortable too at this point. She almost always looks visibly repulsed by him.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4