Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

On 1/18/2019 at 7:16 PM, Katy M said:

You said it yourself.  There's staff there. Why would daycare or babysitters be so much more preferable?  The only problem is looking at how all the Q kids turned out, you might not want them there.  OK, Emily turned out OK until  she died.  And while Ned has his issues, he's mostly fine.  But, Jason?  AJ?  Lulu even lived there for a while and she's pretty insufferable.  Dillon?  Yeah, sure people may side eye that one, but I stick by it.  Dillon sucks.  

I know there’s “staff” there. The staff is comprised of a butler, a chef with sous chefs, cleaning staff, gardners, the chauffeur, etc. They were not hired to be child care professionals, nor were they trained to be such, unless I’ve missed something about there being a state sanctioned child care facility at Monica’s house. It’s understandable for Rocco to go to visit and have a sleepover with his grandmother, Olivia. Sam is always taking/just taken/having her mother pick up  her kids to go to Monica’s. That is ridiculous. And yes, a well functioning, state sanctioned day care with trained professionals is better than a bunch of people at Monica’s mansion who have no idea how to take care of a bunch of infants/young children.

Leo has a nanny, who I assume is now completely overworked because not only is she taking care of him, she gets Rocco, Danny, and probably Scout dumped on her on a regular basis.

Edited by dubbel zout
added a child and fixed a pronoun
  • Love 5

Don't forget Scout, who at least has her daddy living there.. The nameless nanny may be as overworked as Carly's nannies were but at least she doesn't have to worry about getting shot or kidnapped.  I wonder if Sam contributes to her pay.

• Love 3
On 1/18/2019 at 2:13 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Queen.

DxNo6PfWoAAm_4q.jpg:large

While I have never appreciated the full extent of her wackiness, I truly shake my head in wonder sometimes as to why they hired Michelle Stafford (or renewed her contract) when they have Lynn Herring on board.  To my eyes, Michelle Stafford isn't any more beautiful or a better actress than Lynn Herring - ymmv.

• Love 11

I thought Lucy & Felicia are friends? Why is Lucy being such a biotch to her? I know they’ve dumbed down the character of Lucy over the years but Lynn Herring should sue for defamation of  character. The whole press conference was soooooo cringe worthy. Why was everyone so shocked by the book. Almost everyone was reading the book even before Lucy showed up. Also, the people of Port Charles have already read the stupid book. No wonder this show is tanking. I did like the Bobbie and Laura scenes. Granted, it wasn’t anything like the 1978 but nothing ever could. Bobbie was so mean to Laura back then. It was the best. LOL!!!!!  I am enjoying the Ryan is Kevin storyline. While I hate for any actor to lose their job I would be okay if Ryan offs Lulu. Because you know they are never killing off Sonny or Carly. We should only be so lucky. Happy Monday y’all. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I get the show was trying to shill the actual contents of the book, but that didn't really work narratively or with Lucy's character.  Yes, Lucy can be self-centered and thoughtless, but not to the people she really cares about, like Felicia.

Although I couldn't help thinking of the time Ron wrote Lucy as giving vampire tours of Port Charles, including the spot where her friend Alison was brutally murdered.  Like, c'mon.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Although I couldn't help thinking of the time Ron wrote Lucy as giving vampire tours of Port Charles, including the spot where her friend Alison was brutally murdered.  Like, c'mon.

But, but, that was History!

• Love 1

I'm so tired of the "Michael doesn't know he's godfather to his own son!!" anvils. 

31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Does this show want to physically hurt me?  Because having Lucy say that Ava tricked Sonny into killing AJ was like a punch in the stomach.

There are so many more accurate words than "tricked" the writers could have chosen. You suck, writers.

LOL at the CLANG! of Willow and Chase's wineglasses. Not exactly fine crystal there, hee.

"You know, Lulu, if you're going to be a journalist, you need to be really diligent about checking your facts." Oh, Ryan, too bad everyone will ignore that entirely appropriate statement because you're, you know, Ryan.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Linny said:

Ryan shading the fuck out of Lulu's journalism skills, stabbing her ("How'd I miss?"), and then falling victim to The Blindness was everything I never knew I needed. No, I'm not clear to the how/why Ryan became afflicted with the same thing that struck Anna, but I don't care, because that whole sequence was MAGNIFICENT. Lulu lumbering through the Metro Court bleeding out everywhere, Lucas/Laura/Michael jumping to her aid while Sonny stands stock-still in the background in accordance with his commitment to ineptitude, GOD BLESS. What a fun way to start the week!

You summed up why I thought today was so good! I was totally expecting Ryan to kidnap Lulu and then we'd have weeks of her trapped somewhere why he taunted her. But I was genuinely shocked when I saw he stabbed her and then went blind! This is so much more fun than what I thought it'd be...

• Love 4
Just now, dubbel zout said:

"You know, Lulu, if you're going to be a journalist, you need to be really diligent about checking your facts." Oh, Ryan, too bad everyone will ignore that entirely appropriate statement because you're, you know, Ryan.

"Pedestrian writing aside."

Ah, Ryan truer words have never as true as that.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ryan shading the fuck out of Lulu's journalism skills, stabbing her ("How'd I miss?"), and then falling victim to The Blindness was everything I never knew I needed. No, I'm not clear to the how/why Ryan became afflicted with the same thing that struck Anna, but I don't care, because that whole sequence was MAGNIFICENT. Lulu lumbering through the Metro Court bleeding out everywhere, Lucas/Laura/Michael jumping to her aid while Sonny stands stock-still in the background in accordance with his commitment to ineptitude, GOD BLESS. What a fun way to start the week!

Sonny: Anybody know where the towels are in my wife's hotel?

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

"Pedestrian writing aside."

Ah, Ryan truer words have never as true as that.

That seemed a generous assessment, heh.

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm not clear to the how/why Ryan became afflicted with the same thing that struck Anna, but I don't care, because that whole sequence was MAGNIFICENT. Lulu lumbering through the Metro Court bleeding out everywhere, Lucas/Laura/Michael jumping to her aid while Sonny stands stock-still in the background in accordance with his commitment to ineptitude, GOD BLESS.

It was amazing soap. The only improvement would have been Sonny trying to remember how to dial 911. Good thing other people were around who knew how to do that.

• Love 13

Hot ER doc can stay, please.

Why would Laura be so much more upset seeing Lulu in the ER? It's not like it was the first time Laura saw Lulu after the stabbing. The only difference from the MetroCourt was she had an oxygen mask on, and that's pretty standard.

Watching Sonny and Carly, of all people, be Laura's support group was so, so wrong. I'd accept Lucy before those two.

I hope Jordan is smart enough to put a police guard on Lulu, not that that has historically made much different at GH.

Previews: Way to give it away that Oscar is okay tomorrow, Show! Also, why do we see Sam and Jason talking about getting into the catacombs (LOL; really?!) before we see Carly make her SOS call to Jason?

Oh the PCPD. They literally have suspected that the serial killer would  strike again at the Lucy's book launch and had a ton of cops at the Metrocourt. The latest victim comes stumbling off the elevators. Everyone knows that she has an office in that hotel. The killer is literally stumbling around blind for a while, but they don't send any cops to Lulu's office until after both Lulu and Kevin have been taken to the hospital.

So did Anna infect Ryan with blindness disease or the other way around when they bumped into each other.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So did Anna infect Ryan with blindness disease or the other way around when they bumped into each other.

I actually thought this might FINALLY be tying back to the Patients 1-5 stuff.  Anna goes blind with this illness right after mentioning Alex.  Ryan is posing as Kevin and comes down with the same affliction.  An interesting idea, though the pacing is again terrible given the setup happened back in the summer.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm so tired of the "Michael doesn't know he's godfather to his own son!!" anvils.

And I get that it was an anvil, but I thought he was really overstepping today.  You know, give Wiley a check towards college on his birthday or whatever?  Fine.  Setting up a college fund without talking it over with his actual dads?  That's kinda not cool.

And these little beats aren't enough.  The moment when Lucas had to hand Wiley over to Michael should be heartbreaking, but it won't be because the show won't give their relationship the depth and screen time that would require.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

So Ryan/Kevin and Anna/Ava are going to end up having been part of Faison's little experiment like Drew/Jason, right? That's how they both got blind disease, right?

And it will turn out that Alex is really Peter's mom, right? That would be an excellent bonus.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So Ryan/Kevin and Anna/Ava are going to end up having been part of Faison's little experiment like Drew/Jason, right? That's how they both got blind disease, right?

And it will turn out that Alex is really Peter's mom, right? That would be an excellent bonus.

Did something happen today that indicated Peter would no longer be Anna's?  I didn't watch so I really have no clue.

Edited by Hater
2 hours ago, Linny said:

I liked it too. The reactions of some of the people there were a little too reserved when Lulu stumbled in, but it was very soapy overall. I guess the virus was already knocking Ryan off his game because I said the same thing he did. How'd he miss? I kept waiting for Lulu to have a, "You're not Viki! You're Niki!" moment, but Girl Reporter never quite got there. Connecting Ryan and Anna through the virus I did not see coming at all but I'm all for it. Ryan stabbing Lulu, her getting up, and him going down, unable to stop her was great stuff. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually thought this might FINALLY be tying back to the Patients 1-5 stuff.  Anna goes blind with this illness right after mentioning Alex.  Ryan is posing as Kevin and comes down with the same affliction.  An interesting idea, though the pacing is again terrible given the setup happened back in the summer.

I so hope they they go that way with his. They'd really have to commit and plan it out to make it work, and we all know that's not GH's strong suit. We'll see. 

• Love 5
On 1/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, dubbel zout said:

What aggravates me is that none of this in and of itself means anything. I know this is the beginning of the story, but for now it's just reinforcing tired gender stereotypes. Boys must be gay if they like baking and princesses because baking and princesses are only for girls. 

Unless it turns out that Aiden IS gay, I think what it's doing is exposing the stereotypes, not reinforcing them. In other words, it's pretty believable that a bunch of grammar school kids would throw around the "gay" label just because a boy isn't interested in stereotypical "boy" stuff. 

• Love 4
On 1/19/2019 at 12:27 PM, nilyank said:

Especially if Nikolas ever comes back. After he had successfully framed Drew/Jason for killing him, Nikolas once again will have faked his death by not informing everyone that he survived. Unless he has amnesia.

Ava certainly seems to have amnesia that he called her after he "died," or that she thought it was him long enough to say, "Nicholas??" before the scene cut. 

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Does this show want to physically hurt me?  Because having Lucy say that Ava tricked Sonny into killing AJ was like a punch in the stomach.

But she did! 

But she did! 

But she did! 

But she did! 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
Edited to say sorry for the glitch. I promise I wasn't THAT passionate about it to repeat it 45 times.
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But she did! 

She manipulated the events, sure.  But dialogue like that is meant to excuse Sonny completely, that he was just an innocent bystander caught in an evil vixen's web.  NO!  He wanted to murder AJ, he had wanted to murder AJ for weeks, and Ava simply provided an excuse.  Nothing she did excuses him pulling the trigger, sitting at AJ's bedside and snarling at him to die, having the balls to force his way into AJ's funeral over Monica's objections, etc.  

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

But she did! 

I can't speak for @TeeVee329, but "tricked" implies to me that Sonny is somehow an innocent victim. (OF COURSE this show endorses that view.) He may have got some bad info b/c of Ava, but he chose to murder AJ of his own volition. I don't consider that being tricked. "Manipulated" might be closer to the mark, but it still hews too closely to letting Sonny off the hook for my taste. If anything, Ava gave Sonny a very convenient excuse to do exactly what he wanted to do since the minute AJ came back to town.

• Love 16

So I haven't watched in nearly a year...the last episode I saw was Nathan's funeral.  I had a snow day today and tuned in and what do I see but Carly telling Ava she's a POS and will never get Avery, again, for the 5 millionth time. Same shit, different year.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

only reason Sonny wanted to kill AJ at the time was because he though AJ killed Connie and got away with it.

I don't think it was the only reason; Sonny was also pissed that his property wanted a relationship with bio-dad.

• Love 9

Oh I think Sonny wanted AJ dead the minute he reappeared.  And Sonny's a mobster, murdering people is how he solves his problems!  And it's also not like he feels any remorse that he ultimately killed an innocent man, Sonny (and Carly) are thrilled he's dead and they got away with it.

In any case, why did that even have to be part of this Lucy/Ava conversation?  I wish they had just stuck to the matter at hand - Lucy caring about Kevin and warning Ava not to hurt him.

• Love 5

First off, I’m surprised that the show went there. Lulu on the lying on the floor in cold blood and then getting up. At first, I thought it was a dream sequence. Then she shows up in the elevator and almost walks a mile before anyone does or says anything. It was kind of comical. “Hey, it’s Lulu.....why is she stumbling crying for her Mommy......Oh, wait! Is that blood?......Wait! This could be serious.” LOL!!! Then Ryan goes randomly blind. Okayyyyyyy, whatever!!!! The soaps have been real good at keeping casting/firings close to the vest so I’m dying to see how this plays out. All in all, it was an exciting episode but with a few unintended laughs by the show itself. C’mon! Emme Rylan coming from the elevator, down the steps and then finally falling to the floor while everyone just stared at her was HYSTERICAL!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

I can't speak for @TeeVee329, but "tricked" implies to me that Sonny is somehow an innocent victim. (OF COURSE this show endorses that view.) He may have got some bad info b/c of Ava, but he chose to murder AJ of his own volition. I don't consider that being tricked. "Manipulated" might be closer to the mark, but it still hews too closely to letting Sonny off the hook for my taste. If anything, Ava gave Sonny a very convenient excuse to do exactly what he wanted to do since the minute AJ came back to town.

Bingo!!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why would Laura be so much more upset seeing Lulu in the ER?

This.  I totally didn't understand that reaction.  

1 hour ago, CharethCutestory said:

The reactions of some of the people there were a little too reserved when Lulu stumbled in

This!  Jordan just stood there looking confused.  Girl, get your ass in that elevator up to Lulu's office immediately.  

49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Then she shows up in the elevator and almost walks a mile before anyone does or says anything.

Nor does she say anything.  She had the strength to walk a mile before collapsing, she should have been screaming "It was Kevin/Ryan" the entire way.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

This.  I totally didn't understand that reaction.  

This!  Jordan just stood there looking confused.  Girl, get your ass in that elevator up to Lulu's office immediately.  

Nor does she say anything.  She had the strength to walk a mile before collapsing, she should have been screaming "It was Kevin/Ryan" the entire way.  

Totally forgot about Jordan’s non reaction. Maybe, she was still in a pissy mood after Lulu had put her in her place about the comment she made about Nathan. Basically, she was like “ Die Bitch”. LOL!!!

• Love 2

I was unspoiled, so I'm actually shocked they had Ryan stab Lulu.  Too bad it won't be fatal.  But can he be caught now?  I'm ready for this to be over so we can progress to the next part of the story where it's all Ava's fault he was free as long as he was.

To that end, shut up, Carly.  Shut up, shut up, shut up.  You have approximately zero say in Avery's custody, from a legal standpoint.

Oh, joy, tomorrow we get to see Jason and Sam play the heroes to Oscar and Joss.  Ho-hum. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Perkie said:
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Then she shows up in the elevator and almost walks a mile before anyone does or says anything.

What, and ruin things before Jason can swoop in and save the day? He's got to rescue Oscar and Joss first.

• Love 1

The Metro Court should have a sign over the front desk.  It's been "X" number of days since someone has been shot/stabbed and/or murdered here.

Joss and Oscar:  Too Stupid to Live.

They bagged his shoes, but did anyone find Lulu's driver's license in his jacket when they were looking for Kevin's ID?  And Ava was ridiculous, "I must run off with these shoes that I don't know are incriminating, and bring you slippers, asap!".

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I think he truly thought he was saving Ava's life in the moment. Now, letting AJ bleed out on the floor was definitely vintage, dickish Sonny.

• Love 2