Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

On a less emotional note - how long until Oscar and Joss decide they want to have sex before he dies?  (And a part of me hope they do, and she gets pregnant, and we get another little Quartermaine out of it.)

Meh, I don't need to hear Carly screech her way through a Joss pregnancy storyline, swearing up and down that she'll be keeping that baby from the EVUL QUARTERMAINES' toxic influence.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

A story about an 8-year-old's sexuality is not something GH should ever attempt.

Certainly not until they tell real stories with the (who?)s, Kristina/Valerie, and Terry, actually let them drive stories instead of being ornaments.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Blooper of the day:

Maxie to Jordan:  You'd have no way of knowing when our (Nathan) anniversary would be.  

Ugh, wasn't Jordan at Naxie's wedding, since she was Nathan's boss?  It's like the writers forgot that while Brianna is new to the role of Jordan, but the character of Jordan has been around almost longer than Nathan. Pay attention writers.  

Memo to Sonny, when Mike starts ranting, raving and punching, it's time to put him in a facility that can take care of him better than you can.  

So, LIz' boys were at Laura's inauguration, but LUlu's kids weren't?  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 8

So Laura’s inauguration was held outdoors in the freezing cold. Then before they can even get a cup of coffee, Laura demands that Jordan give her a briefing in her office in one hour. Geez, Laura. Take a breath and have a piece of cake.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ertainly not until they tell real stories with the (who?)s, Kristina/Valerie, and Terry, actually let them drive stories instead of being ornaments.

THis.  They went to the trouble of bringing in a trans actress to play a doctor connected to Liz, yet we've seen Terri about 5 times since then, including in a story where she's the lead doctor.  

ertainly not until they tell real stories with the (who?)s, Kristina/Valerie, and Terry, actually let them drive stories instead of being ornaments.

THis.  They went to the trouble of bringing in a trans actress to play a doctor connected to Liz, yet we've seen Terri about 5 times since then, including in a story where she's the lead doctor.  

• Love 2

Just watched yesterday’s episode and I was amazed at how dusty it was. Between Oscar, Cam/joss, Anna, and michael/Monica  those dust particles really affected my eyes. Sorry, not sorry, TFGH has been really good as of late. 

• Love 8

Lulu aggressively shoving her phone in Jordan's face seeking comment for her story was so obnoxious, it makes want to, like, I don't know...maybe slam her fingers in her laptop really hard or something. Just anything to make her CHILL for five minutes. She got so aghast at Jordan mentioning Nathan's name on Maxie and Nathan's anniversary, yet she can't hold a conversation like a normal person without doggedly pursuing a story angle. Her pushback against Peter's cautioning words was pretty awful, too. I can't wait until she finds out about Ryan and realizes how oblivious she's been the whole time.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

. I can't wait until she finds out about Ryan and realizes how oblivious she's been the whole time.

I’m waiting for a lot of people to get the smug knocked out of them when the Ryan reveal finally happens.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I’m waiting for a lot of people to get the smug knocked out of them when the Ryan reveal finally happens.

Which, at this current rate of progress, won't be until summer. I am officially over this story.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

Lulu aggressively shoving her phone in Jordan's face seeking comment for her story was so obnoxious, it makes want to, like, I don't know...maybe slam her fingers in her laptop really hard or something

How smug was she. She's been a reporter for 5 minutes and her sense of entitlement was off the charts.  

• Love 7

Lulu has been a reporter for over a year now (which in soap time is a while) but yeah I really don't have anything to say for her now. All her stories are sensationalistic writing about serial killers or psychopaths.

@TeeVee329 I don't know.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu has been a reporter for over a year now (which in soap time is a while) but yeah I really don't have anything to say for her now. All her stories are sensationalistic writing about serial killers or psychopaths.

Hiding under her nose, just like LWB/FS was doing this time last year. #ugh

• Love 2

I hope Ava hears about Mike punching Sonny and takes him to court for endangering Avery.  But really, I'd rather Sonny and Carly dead. Go, Ryan!

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Are we supposed to have any idea who did this to her?  It just rings like, "We need a story for Anna and Dr. Michael Easton, hey, let's give Anna an infectious disease he can investigate!".  Ugh.

They put Finn and Anna together because they were both single and the show didn't know what to do with them and now that they are together, they still don't know what to do with them. It's really ridiculous.  Why not just give them separate stories?they're living together now, thanks in part to Emma deciding that her grandmother should live out of wedlock with this guy, so it's not like they'll never see each other.

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ava will for sure, and then be accused to helping him. Lulu, maybe Mac, Jordan and Curtis. But Carly, Sonny and Jason will remain untouched.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope Ava hears about Mike punching Sonny and takes him to court for endangering Avery.  But really, I'd rather Sonny and Carly dead. Go, Ryan!

Yeah, I'm thinking that having the audience actively rooting for the psychopathic serial killer to take out Sonny and Carly is not the show's intention. LOL

• Love 15
30 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Hell yeah, Mike! Hit him again!! Then go slap Lulu! 

I'm not on social media, are the majority rooting for Ryan? 

I only pay attention to the main GH hashtag on twitter if I'm not busy at work between 2-3pm... and a few actual GH fans that I follow. 

The majority of what I have seen is people rooting for Ryan to up his body count of actual people/characters on contract that at are FV pets.  People don't think he has killed off enough names for being a serial killer. People are also wondering why Felicia and Lucy aren't featured more in this story. (Or they know why ...vets not pets... but are wishing the vets were around more). 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

They put Finn and Anna together because they were both single and the show didn't know what to do with them

I think they also paired them because Anna\McBain were good together. And, to be fair, Finn\Anna are better than Sam\Silas - despite the writing. With better writing they might even be good.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think they also paired them because Anna\McBain were good together. And, to be fair, Finn\Anna are better than Sam\Silas - despite the writing. With better writing they might even be good.

And Finola loves Easton, and most likely vice versa.

• Love 1

I do think Finola Hughes and Michael Easton have chemistry, but it's the writing that makes me dislike them, I hate the manufactured effort to make them Breezy and Light-Hearted.  And I really hate that Dr. Michael Easton is always getting involved in her cases, like one never-ending Bring Your Boyfriend To Work Day.  They need a sounding board for Anna in those type of stories?  Bring in Anna Donely to be her mentee.  Because Dr. Michael Easton is not John McBain, HE IS A DOCTOR.

• Love 4

He's also a germaphobe with a support lizard. That's an interesting match for Anna and it could be entertaining. They could be individuals, with interesting, distinct stories, who are dating. Those interesting, distinct stories could intersect in interesting ways, resulting in unexpected character interactions, because they are together.  Almost as if this were a soap opera

• Love 3

The entire inauguration, just like the election, annoyed me.  Because Laura didn't earn that mayoral position, it was simply a plot contrivance.  And that brat Spencer will never pay for sabotaging the original one so Laura had a second chance.  

Also, shut up, Lulu--always and forever.

• Love 3

Are there people who actually like Lulu?  Her character is almost as obnoxious as Carly. Plus she's clueless. Ryan, make her go away. What is the point of having a serial killer in town if he's not killing off the right people. I know I'm not the only viewer with a list. 

I'm not really connecting with the Oscar story but I don't want him to die. The emotional cues from the Robin/Stone story are not going to be recreated. And as much as I like the Cam actor, having Joss's new love obviously waiting in the wings is distasteful. I'm pretty sure we can all see how this story is going to go. Unless something radical happens I'm not interested in this.

After the Ryan story is resolved I really want Ava to get her child back. Carly and Sonny are so awful... there is nothing new I can say.

Where is Robert Scorpio? He makes everything better and everything needs to be better. He could be a special investigator or a hospital administrator or anything, just be in Port Charles being delightful.

• Love 6

Today's Webber boys scenes were a pleasure. I wonder if the showrunners have any idea how rare it is to find three authentic, intuitive actors to play young brothers? (I'm sure they do, given previous Jake, current Danny, etc etc.)  I hope we see more scenes with the three of them. 

I truly hope Laura gets Kevin back and their marriage can be more or less intact, despite his doozy of a secret. But I did get an old-timey lump in my throat when she pronounced herself "Laura Webber." 

• Love 10

Was it odd to anyone else that she is reverting to Webber, given that the last name was originally given to her by the stepfather who abused her?

I will always think of her as Laura Spencer. That said, that was also from a man who once assaulted her. A no win, I guess.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

Was it odd to anyone else that she is reverting to Webber, given that the last name was originally given to her by the stepfather who abused her?

I will always think of her as Laura Spencer. That said, that was also from a man who once assaulted her. A no win, I guess.

She should just go by Laura, a la Madonna.

18 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Today's Webber boys scenes were a pleasure. I wonder if the showrunners have any idea how rare it is to find three authentic, intuitive actors to play young brothers? (I'm sure they do, given previous Jake, current Danny, etc etc.)  I hope we see more scenes with the three of them. 

So enjoyable.  I love the vibe they have.  Super authentic. 

39 minutes ago, paisley said:

What is the point of having a serial killer in town if he's not killing off the right people. I know I'm not the only viewer with a list. 

It's very disappointing.  I mean, Kiki wasn't my favorite, but she would've been way down on the list.  Instead we get her and two randos. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

Memo to Sonny, when Mike starts ranting, raving and punching, it's time to put him in a facility that can take care of him better than you can. 

It's too big a blow to the giant Sonny Corinthos ego for him to admit that he can't handle his increasingly agitated father.

Aidan looked adorable in his little sweater vest and bow tie.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do think Finola Hughes and Michael Easton have chemistry, but it's the writing that makes me dislike them, I hate the manufactured effort to make them Breezy and Light-Hearted.  And I really hate that Dr. Michael Easton is always getting involved in her cases, like one never-ending Bring Your Boyfriend To Work Day. 

At least the majority of the teenage stuff is finally over now that they've said ILY.

MW's makeup was pretty heavy today. It looked nice, but she's usually not so painted.

Shut up, Girl Reporter.

Again with the baking-is-weird stuff and Aidan. What's next, we learn he likes his clothes clean and pressed and that's somehow extra significant? Ugh.

4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I'm thinking that having the audience actively rooting for the psychopathic serial killer to take out Sonny and Carly is not the show's intention.

I don't think I've ever wanted something more on this fakakta show.

6 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

Fucking patriarchy.

• Love 2

Lulu was unreal in her obnoxiousness...her getting all offended for Maxie over Jordan mentioning Nathan was cringe inducing considering Maxie herself barely cared. 

Her mother today though was the exact opposite. Her best episode since she returned, imo. She finally got a backbone with Kevin and played her inaguration with much dignity and stoicism...and this is by someone who has never been a big Laura fan. Just loved her today.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, paisley said:

After the Ryan story is resolved I really want Ava to get her child back. Carly and Sonny are so awful... there is nothing new I can say.

Ava and Sonny have shared custody which was finally resolved. Prior to that, it was a constant battle where one parent had sole custody and made it difficult for the other parent to see Avery. Until the other parent would get some leverage, the roles would be reversed. It was beyond irritating to watch. Both Ava and Sonny would love to cut the other parent out, but with Avery actually now speaking, it would cruel for that child to lose someone else after Morgan and Kiki.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

On a less emotional note - how long until Oscar and Joss decide they want to have sex before he dies?  

I’m guessing that’ll be the agenda for the day he marked “be with Joss”.

10 hours ago, Perkie said:

I can’t decide if a trans story revolving around Terri would be a good thing or a bad thing. I like Terri, and I’d like to see more of her, but I think I’d prefer it if her gender identity wasn’t driving the story, as if that were the only noteworthy thing about her.

4 hours ago, paisley said:

S&C will almost certainly point to Ava’s relationship with Ryan as further evidence that she’s a danger to Avery, and take back full custody.  And since Ryan has now targeted the Unkillable, I guess that’s it for him. That’s a shame. I was hoping for a little more culling of the herd.  

While Ryan may be my favorite part of the show right now, the Webber boys are in second place and gaining. I really love the dynamic, especially between Cam and Aiden.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too big a blow to the giant Sonny Corinthos ego for him to admit that he can't handle his increasingly agitated father.

Plus it lets him play the pity card.  Woe is me, my father punched me in the face.  Feel bad for me everyone.  

• Love 3

I couldn't help but think at the inauguration that Laura doesn't have a chief of staff? a campaign manager? who ran her campaign? It's a perfect opportunity for the show to bring on a few new, young, unconnected to the canvas people while Kevin knocks off a few more cast to even things up.

and apropos of nothing-- I love Liz's boys. It's a really small thing-- but the bit of business about Cam wanting to wear comfortable shoes, and Liz making him change, was such a nice, natural beat to play. And they also further developed the bullying plot, with Cam catching on, and Jake admitting he knew it was going on, but he doesn't know who might be doing it because they don't share hallways/playground time. 

As far as the Webber boys are concerned, something is doing their jobs, and I appreciate it. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Again with the baking-is-weird stuff and Aidan. What's next, we learn he likes his clothes clean and pressed and that's somehow extra significant? Ugh.

I'm not watching the show so maybe there's more to it but really? baking is why he's being bullied?  I watch cooking and baking shows with boys and men (including "manly" NFL players) all over them.  It seems stupid that the fact that Aiden likes to bake is grounds for bullying; nowadays its a road to fame and fortune.  It's pretty mainstream.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

As far as the Webber boys are concerned, something is doing their jobs, and I appreciate it. 

Who knew people would respond to something as normal as that. 

I was never a huge Elizabeth fan, but I really enjoy those scenes and the best thing they did was soras Cameron, finally. I think the two young actors are doing a good job too, acting wise. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I can’t decide if a trans story revolving around Terri would be a good thing or a bad thing. I like Terri, and I’d like to see more of her, but I think I’d prefer it if her gender identity wasn’t driving the story, as if that were the only noteworthy thing about her.

I don't think her gender identity needs to drive the story, but like I've said previously, it feels like she's an ornament, the show can pop her on-screen every few weeks to doctor it up or be a talk-to for Liz and the show can pat itself on the back for being progressive.  They should mix her around a bit more, have her make a friend outside of Liz, tell a B-story romance (as I've also asked before, do we even know if Terri likes men or women?).

But I guess this is a step forward from Joss and Oscar's invisible trans friend this time last year.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ava and Sonny have shared custody which was finally resolved.

I don't know if "resolved" is the right word, given that Ava still has to grovel every time she wants to see Avery. It's resolved as far as Sonny and Carly are concerned, given they have primary physical custody of (in fact if not legally) and control access to Avery.

This situation is one of my biggest pet peeves at the moment: Ava goes on and on about how much she loves Avery, etc., but then she's willing to permanently leave town with "Kevin," taking Avery for a month or so at a time. WTF? Another reason Avery should have been a tock. Or have Ava decide she doesn't need to be a big part of her life. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Stanwyck said:

I'm not watching the show so maybe there's more to it but really? baking is why he's being bullied?  I watch cooking and baking shows with boys and men (including "manly" NFL players) all over them.  It seems stupid that the fact that Aiden likes to bake is grounds for bullying; nowadays its a road to fame and fortune.  It's pretty mainstream.

There's more to it. It's being written that he has a whole set of interests and behaviors that mark him as different and weird in the eyes of kids. The interests we've heard about so far including baking, princess-themed paraphernalia, and a television show that is aimed at young girls. The lack of acceptance he's encountering is making him withdrawn and fearful. This week his teacher had a talk with Liz and said she thought he was in the process of discovering his "identity." Those are the data points thus far.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1

What aggravates me is that none of this in and of itself means anything. I know this is the beginning of the story, but for now it's just reinforcing tired gender stereotypes. Boys must be gay if they like baking and princesses because baking and princesses are only for girls. 

• Love 6

I don't want Cam to end up with Joss. I do NOT want to see him boxed up in the "Jason" roll in this whole Robin/Stone redux. Having him fixated on Joss will kill the interesting, multi-faceted character they are developing. Let him focus on his family and friends and date around like a normal teenager. For this reason alone, I hope Oscar gets his miracle cure. 

I actually hope Shiloh will save him! Can you imagine the look on Jason's face. yellow-onion-head-emoticon-05.gif

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know if "resolved" is the right word, given that Ava still has to grovel every time she wants to see Avery. It's resolved as far as Sonny and Carly are concerned, given they have primary physical custody of (in fact if not legally) and control access to Avery.

What type of custody situation do Valentin and Lulu have, since you brought this up? Last year when they were at Shriners Valentin basically bullied Lulu into shared custody but then he and Nina weren't amenable to sharing holidays, and that is all I've heard since.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

What type of custody situation do Valentin and Lulu have, since you brought this up? Last year when they were at Shriners Valentin basically bullied Lulu into shared custody but then he and Nina weren't amenable to sharing holidays, and that is all I've heard since.

During the time that Nina was mad at Valentin for giving Peter to Faison (giving a baby to a crazy man) she got into Lulu's corner in regards to Charlotte's custody.  They never dwelved on it, but it was briefly mentioned that Valentin and Lulu share custody.  I believe it's one week with one parent and the other week with other, based on things Lulu has said recently regarding her having Charlotte or Valentin having her.  

Lucy being absent from Gail's will reading after being told about it on-screen by Alexis, but apparently being around for the book launch that's the background for Nina and Valentin's scenes was everything I hate about this show in a nutshell.

Of course, we knew Serena wouldn't be there, but it was almost like they were trolling us.  "Gail left money for Serena's kids to go to medical school, if she ever has any, if we ever let her be a real character on this show!  Oh look, here's Willow!".  UGH.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What aggravates me is that none of this in and of itself means anything. I know this is the beginning of the story, but for now it's just reinforcing tired gender stereotypes. Boys must be gay if they like baking and princesses because baking and princesses are only for girls. 

I agree.  I would love it if GH would actually do something outside the box and have it be that this is just Aiden's personality.  I know they have every intention of going either the homosexual or transgender route, and I'm sure they are all patting themselves on the back for being so "now" and "with it", but it is just tired. Plus, these writers would have no clue how to pull that storyline off, anyway.  It will turn out annoying, offensive, and who knows what else. How about instead, you have it play out that he's just a little boy who likes to bake and likes the shows that he likes?

• Love 17