Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

She doesn't care that he's a criminal, aside from the fact that it bothered Alexis and he was using Danny, she's never cared. So, the fact that he's no longer criming for a living isn't relevant to her relationship with him. Since he saved Danny as a means to an end and, endangered Scout with his Olivia crap and tried to murder her mother - the fact that he owns a pub doesn't feel like a mitigating factor. She should definitely stay out of his damn bar since she hates him so much, but the hatred isn't unjustified.

What has bothered me more about that relationship over the years is that whenever she wanted something from him, legal or, um,  less legal, she was sweetness and light, but the second she got it, she was back to treating him like mud on her shoe. There was never even a grace period. But I also agree with those who've pointed out that if she doesn't want to run into him, then she should stay out of the bar.that.he.owns.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Of course Jason finds the body.

I had to laugh at that scene, because I imagine we were supposed to find the kiss romantic, yet there's Jason, disengaged enough to notice something that makes him knock over the hideous decorative snowman and find dead Peyton.

What did catch his eye? From what I could tell, Peyton was hidden behind the hideous decorative snowman. Or does Jason have some sort of sixth sense for dead bodies? I would believe that.

Oh, and another thing that cracked me up was the way Sonny was talking about taking Carly to NYC, as if it were some incredibly special treat. Ugh, he's such a condescending asshole.

• Love 5
On 12/29/2018 at 8:50 AM, YaddaYadda said:

She isn't a Julian fan, he knows that, but he's turned his life around which is more than what I can say about her thug baby daddy who learned diddly squat from his 5 years of captivity.

But that's what makes Jason superior to Drew, and every other man including Sonny who keeps trying to go legit but never can.  Jason is unabashedly a criminal and he'd be okay if his kids want to follow in his footsteps.

That's what I hate about the morality of the Corinthos clan, that it doesn't matter how awful you are to other people, if you don't mean to hurt one of your own, you're a good person. Michael was in a coma and later in prison because of them, and Kristina nearly died in car bomb but that's okay, they didn't mean to do it.

On 12/29/2018 at 1:47 PM, ByaNose said:

Sonny & Margaux are so gonna have sex. We just don’t know the when & the where? It’s a perfect time for Jax to come back to console the obnoxious Carly. At least, Joss would be happy.  

Not Jax, please. he doesn't deserve to have the Shebeast forced on him again, or that snot Joss. Let Carly salve her ego with Griffin, neither of them are worth the time of day.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Your hate for Griffin knows no bounds. 

But Griffin's heart belongs to Sonny.

I’m liking scruffy Griffin though. I do wonder what woman will be put in St. Griffin’s vortex next. I think Willow looks too much like his sister and Nina’s fake daughter already tried to have her way with him. Yup! He’s a goner and next on Ryan’s hit list. 

8 hours ago, rur said:

What has bothered me more about that relationship over the years is that whenever she wanted something from him, legal or, um,  less legal, she was sweetness and light, but the second she got it, she was back to treating him like mud on her shoe. There was never even a grace period. But I also agree with those who've pointed out that if she doesn't want to run into him, then she should stay out of the bar.that.he.owns.

Exactly. She treats him like mud on her shoe in his own bar - which she willingly enters since he hired her sister Kristina, and he also hired her now former stepson.  She does not acknowledge that working for Julian has given Kristina at least some tiny sense of purpose (a place to be at given times, where she gets paid). The time she snarked at him to "keep the place family-friendly" as she left had me thinking, "well if you hate him and his bar so much, don't meet Kristina there, you brat."  When Sam's behavior (aside from Jason fixation) reminds me of Carly, that says something.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I’m liking scruffy Griffin though. I do wonder what woman will be put in St. Griffin’s vortex next. I think Willow looks too much like his sister and Nina’s fake daughter already tried to have her way with him. Yup! He’s a goner and next on Ryan’s hit list. 

Oh I figure he's heading to Sasha.  They'll grieve together, they'll sleep together, and then he'll get to do his favorite thing - morally judge a "wanton woman" - when it comes out she's not really Kiki's sister.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

The show really needs to go back to the old pacing of the A/B stories on M/W/F and the C/D stories on T/R, or something similar. I can't believe block taping affects it that much that we go for weeks without mention of stories like Aidan's bullying (I know Lulu just said something to Willow) or Kevin in Ferncliffe (I know we just saw Ryan taunt Kevin, but that aspect of the story has kind of dropped, though I get the production problems).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The show really needs to go back to the old pacing of the A/B stories on M/W/F and the C/D stories on T/R, or something similar. I can't believe block taping affects it that much that we go for weeks without mention of stories like Aidan's bullying (I know Lulu just said something to Willow) or Kevin in Ferncliffe (I know we just saw Ryan taunt Kevin, but that aspect of the story has kind of dropped, though I get the production problems).

Agreed. I've been thinking about this for a while, since it seems to me that block taping would facilitate every-other-day schedules like those of the '80s.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:03 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Sounds good to me. It's not like they were actually related. Let him be ask actual Quartermaine and then they can get together for all I care. Maybe it could bring life to both characters and if it doesn't, I can fast forward once storyline instead of 2.

I would LOVE it if one of the Fab 4 were killed. Sonny works be preferable, but Sam our Vastl Carly would be my second choice. I hesitate to say Jason because Monica lost enough.

They are actually related.  They are brother and sister.  They were raised brother and sister, so it's still incest.  I'm not sure why adopted relationships on this show are always discounted.  Isn't Lucas Bobbie's child?  Isn't OG Wiley Brad and Lucas's? Geeze.

• Love 2

Since he saved Danny as a means to an end 

He didn't save Danny as a means to an end.  He felt guilty about bumping the article about Danny's bone marrow transplant from the front page of paper, and found out that he was a match.  He was willing to commit to the procedure prior to learning that Danny was his grandson.  He used the fact that he was a match for Danny after his true identity had been uncovered.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

They are actually related.  They are brother and sister.  They were raised brother and sister, so it's still incest.  I'm not sure why adopted relationships on this show are always discounted.  Isn't Lucas Bobbie's child?  Isn't OG Wiley Brad and Lucas's? Geeze.

I don't think they are generally . . . I just think on the board the relations between various Corinthii are scoffed at because they're Corinthii in general and because the show tends to tell, not show with them to show they're the big Corinthii Bunch. Like the time Joss said she couldn't imagine leaving Kristina and Dante off her family tree in her school project. Okay, I can imagine Joss maybe bonding enough with Kristina in off screen gh land to say that. But Dante? When? They've shown and they've said that Dante never spent much time at Sonny and Carly's. And if they did spend enough time together that Joss can't imagine leaving him off the family tree, they did it without Lulu, his wife and her cousin? And yet she didn't mention Lulu, because it was to show the Corinthii were all just so close.

And then there was Morgan, who called Michael 'Mikey' right off the SORASed bat as a lazy shorthand way to convey their brohood even though no one had ever called him Mikey in his then 16 years on the show, and Michael and Morgan pretty much had antagonistic scenes together until he died and now it's Morgan gingerbread penguin houses even though Morgan's whole time as a sorased character his family pretty much wanted him to shut up.

Anyway, I'm the person who brought up pairing Kristina/Michael in the first place and I said it would be soapy, and that would be because people do consider them related. I don't care, because whether biological or not it's tv and they still seem to have more chemistry with each other than anyone else.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

But then, does that mean there are men you think he has chemistry with? Hmmmm?

Romantically, he has chemistry with no one. But he’s always been better with his male relationships on the show....Sonny, Jason, AJ, Morgan, to name a few.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

He isn't adopted. He's AJ's son; not Sonny's. Sonny raised him and normally I would think that is great. I'm very pro-adoption. This isn't the same situation as Wiley or Lucas, though. Plus, Sonny is an ass, so anything to piss him off or freak him out is fine with me. And since there is no blood relation, there is no great threat of weird birth defects that are the reason for incest laws in the first place.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

He isn't adopted. He's AJ's son; not Sonny's. Sonny raised him and normally I would think that is great. I'm very pro-adoption. This isn't the same situation as Wiley or Lucas, though. Plus, Sonny is an ass, so anything to piss him off or freak him out is fine with me. And since there is no blood relation, there is no great threat of weird birth defects that are the reason for incest laws in the first place.

Sonny did adopt him. Through coercion and threats, but AJ never took him to court to reverse signing away his rights, so legally Michael was adopted by Sonny. At the end of the day, Michael sees Sonny as his father and all the various Corinthii as his siblings.

• Love 3

Michael does consider himself as Sonny's son. But he's aware that he's not a blood relation.

side question:  Jason raised Michael when he was a baby. At what point did Michael start thinking of Sonny as his father? How old was he when he learned that AJ sired him?

Didn't Alexis raise Kristina apart from Sonny?  I remember Kristina getting together with Sonny's family on special occasions when she was a child but I don't think she ever actually lived with him and Michael.

12 hours ago, ulkis said:

Like the time Joss said she couldn't imagine leaving Kristina and Dante off her family tree in her school project. Okay, I can imagine Joss maybe bonding enough with Kristina in off screen gh land to say that. But Dante? When? They've shown and they've said that Dante never spent much time at Sonny and Carly's. And if they did spend enough time together that Joss can't imagine leaving him off the family tree, they did it without Lulu, his wife and her cousin? And yet she didn't mention Lulu, because it was to show the Corinthii were all just so close.

That must be an incredibly complicated family tree.  But I bet Joss would be all too happy to leave Avery's mother off it.  And is AJ going to be on it since he's Michael's bio-dad? It would give her the chance to put Jason on, and Drew and Oscar. Sam will of course be on because of Kristina and because she is Jason's True Love but not Julian even though he's Avery's uncle. All sorts of people get put on a family tree who are only tangentially related, that's what family trees are for.

Kristina does consider Michael as her brother right now, and vice versa. But they're more like casual cousins than a real brother and sister, and if they started to have feelings for each other it would be both be forbidden (soapy)  and permitted because they're not DNA related.  The time for that is past now though, it would have been better done with the previous Michael who had a lot of inappropriate sexual chemistry with Kristina.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

side question:  Jason raised Michael when he was a baby. At what point did Michael start thinking of Sonny as his father? How old was he when he learned that AJ sired him?

Jason raised Michael for the first two years or so of his life. Then he gave up his claim after Carly married AJ because he thought it was best for Michael. Within a year after that, Carly was pregnant with Sonny's child and living with him and Michael in the penthouse. AJ had zero access to Michael by this point. During the time that Sonny and Carly were divorcing but Sonny put AJ on the meathook and then adopted Michael. When Sonny and Carly reunited after her car accident and supposed death,  Michael who was now being played by Dylan Cash asked Sonny if he could call him dad, so he was 6 to 8 years old when Michael view him as his dad. He learned AJ was his father prior to this because AJ went after custody when Carly died and wanted to change Michael's name to Alan.

As for Kristina, she had lived with Sonny for a short period of time when Alexis was diagnosed with cancer and the kids has been in each other's lives ever since.

Edited by nilyank

Did Bobbie not know that Carly was her daughter until after Michael’s birth? I thought that was revealed around the time Tony left Bobbie for her, but this episode seemed like only Luke knew the truth. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Did Bobbie not know that Carly was her daughter until after Michael’s birth? I thought that was revealed around the time Tony left Bobbie for her, but this episode seemed like only Luke knew the truth. 

Bobbie did not know until Virginia came to town and saw her with Carly. This was some time after Michael was born and Carly returned after she gave birth. Bobbie was PISSED because Luke told her that her daughter Caroline died.

13 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Carly told Bobbie about a month and a half after this episode.

7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

We almost got Nik/Robin. :(

That effing Burton.

Why didn't anyone tell Jason "go away little boy"?

I feel bad because I know it's how Guza wanted me to feel but shut up Tony.

Not that I think this means they should have kept her, because no, but Sarah and Liz were cute around this time. It's too bad they were never able to make that character work with another actress.

I feel like the reason that Bobbie never found about Carly for so long was because Culliton kind of forgot about it instead of putting it off on purpose. It was pretty contrived that Luke wouldn't tell Bobbie, what, a year after she and Tony divorced? I enjoyed Luke this episode except when he told Edward "happy new year to you and your whole blood sucking clan." Sheesh. I suppose he was being defensive on behalf of Carly, but still overly snarky.

I think they should have killed off Edward after David Lewis died. Edward was a buffon clown easy opponent with the recast.

Hot Nikolas! Hot Stefan!  . . . oh, and Katherine.  eeeh.

Would have been nice to see Lucky, but otherwise, decent episode to re-visit.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

That effing Burton.

Why didn't anyone tell Jason "go away little boy"?

I feel bad because I know it's how Guza wanted me to feel but shut up Tony.

Not that I think this means they should have kept her, because no, but Sarah and Liz were cute around this time. It's too bad they were never able to make that character work with another actress.

I feel like the reason that Bobbie never found about Carly for so long was because Culliton kind of forgot about it instead of putting it off on purpose. It was pretty contrived that Luke wouldn't tell Bobbie, what, a year after she and Tony divorced? I enjoyed Luke this episode except when he told Edward "happy new year to you and your whole blood sucking clan." Sheesh. I suppose he was being defensive on behalf of Carly, but still overly snarky.

I think they should have killed off Edward after David Lewis died. Edward was a buffon clown easy opponent with the recast.

Hot Nikolas! Hot Stefan!  . . . oh, and Katherine.  eeeh.

Would have been nice to see Lucky, but otherwise, decent episode to re-visit.

But I don't remember Luke ever being defensive of Carly.  I remember him as always sneering "Caroline" at her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Yep. She [Sarah] was so boring.

It's wild to think that Nikolas didn't have a pairing people were really rooting for until Gia, when it was a completely different Nikolas lol.  But I guess he had enough family drama to keep him afloat, which I don't think the shipper culture of soaps today would really allow.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's wild to think that Nikolas didn't have a pairing people were really rooting for until Gia, when it was a completely different Nikolas lol.  But I guess he had enough family drama to keep him afloat, which I don't the shipper culture of soaps today would really allow.

The obsession with romantic relationships was always present, but you’re right, there’s definitely something different about the way TV, and soaps particularly, is watched these days. GH also allowed Jason to be single whenever Robin went out of town and that would never happen today.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's wild to think that Nikolas didn't have a pairing people were really rooting for until Gia, when it was a completely different Nikolas lol.  But I guess he had enough family drama to keep him afloat, which I don't the shipper culture of soaps today would really allow.

Yup. He really didn't have room for a romance. Well, actually, Lucky was his bromance lol. Seriously. Hate-meet, tentative curiousity, on edge around each other because both of them were beaten over the head with "family is everything, well, except that guy who happens to be your brother", slowly thawing. It was more developed than most of the romances of the last ten years lol, hell maybe 15.

I guess it's extra weird too because TC was so good looking.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Yup. He really didn't have room for a romance. Well, actually, Lucky was his bromance lol. Seriously. Hate-meet, tentative curiousity, on edge around each other because both of them were beaten over the head with "family is everything, well, except that guy who happens to be your brother", slowly thawing. It was more developed than most of the romances of the last ten years lol, hell maybe 15.

I guess it's extra weird too because TC was so good looking.

LOL. Their relationship was really well-done.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

It [Lucky and Nikolas' sibling relationship] was more developed than most of the romances of the last ten years lol, hell maybe 15.

We still get great siblings-learning-to-love-each-other stories, have you already forgotten Kiki and Sasha?  Liz and Rebecca Budig?  Detective Chase and Dr. Michael Easton?

#eyeroll #alltheeyerolls

• Love 4
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It was weird. Personally, I was rooting for Robin/Nikolas, but that couple never got off the ground. It really seemed to be happening, they spent a lot of time together after he was shot in the throat, and IIRC, she was the first person to whom he was able to speak in full sentences. They shared their grief after Katherine's "death." They even had parental disapproval going for them! (From Stefan, though I don't think Mac was any too fond of the Cassadines, though he might have preferred one to a gangster). A Jason/Robin/Nikolas triangle seemed to be a no-brainer, but...

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, HeatLifer said:

LOL. Their relationship was really well-done.

One of the reasons the Niz affair was just so . . . ugh. I know that was a typical trope for soaps, and they could have done it, but it should have been done way more carefully. Although really, I would buy more that the three characters decided they wanted a threeway instead of throwing their relationship with Lucky away. Thanks be to TC and JJ for trying to salvage the relationship later.

8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

The obsession with romantic relationships was always present, but you’re right, there’s definitely something different about the way TV, and soaps particularly, is watched these days. GH also allowed Jason to be single whenever Robin went out of town and that would never happen today.

well Lulu has been off-screen married for 6 months now, and there is technically Maxie too I guess? Is she dating Peter? Does anyone know?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

well Lulu has been off-screen married for 6 months now, and there is technically Maxie too I guess? Is she dating Peter? Does anyone know?

I’m not convinced yet that Dante won’t be recast, so I’ll get back later on that one. But Maxie’s to me is completely normal and they’ve teased her and Peter up the ass. As in, that will happen.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’m not convinced yet that Dante won’t be recast, so I’ll get back later on that one. But Maxie’s to me is completely normal and they’ve teased her and Peter up the ass. As in, that will happen.

I was going to say though, even though Lulu has been off-screen married you still have people going "when's she gonna be paired when's she gonna be paired" and proclaiming that they're doing Chase/Lulu even though she makes him lunches and tells him what a little cutie he is. So while the show has kept her unhookedup for now you're right in that the shippers is antsy for her to be paired up, even though a lot of them don't even care about Lulu that much lol.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was going to say though, even though Lulu has been off-screen married you still have people going "when's she gonna be paired when's she gonna be paired" and proclaiming that they're doing Chase/Lulu even though she makes him lunches and tells him what a little cutie he is. So while the show has kept her unhookedup for now you're right in that the shippers is antsy for her to be paired up, even though a lot of them don't even care about Lulu that much lol.

Yeah, people really itch for romantic pairings or they usually think the character is “boring” and don’t pay attention to any other relationships, such as familial or friendship. Your popularity is directly linked to your pairing.

• Love 1

I don’t watch anymore, but tuned in today. 

Wow. TC was a beautiful young man and so perfect as young Nikolas. 

I always hated Jax and Brender as a couple. I was Sonny and Brenda all the way. 

Its still funny to me how MBE and SN can still generate amazing chemistry as Steve and Kayla on Days, but had zilch as Stephan and Katherine. 

I can’t watch old Luke without it being colored by how I eventually came to feel about later Luke and TG. 

Watching this made me feel old. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

They definitely seemed to be chem testing her with LWB/FS too, both before Dante left and after.

Dante (DZ) had a unique look that he might be hard to recast. Of course, most soap actors are replaceable but DZ was so unique. Personally, I wished they bring back Julie Marie Berman back as Lulu. Emme Rylan talks like a 12 year old and worst yet looks it. JMB is a better actress. Unfortunately, with DZ already gone it’s never gonna happen. They would have to hire a unknown actor to play Dante. I can’t even picture a known soap actor playing Dante. Any ideas?

• Love 2

I could see Dom coming back, especially when he has a family to raise.  But that's just me.  I'm sure he can find work here and there like Billy Miller, but is it worth it over a steady income?

Edited by Hater

I think it could go either way. They could also be waiting to lowball ER into Girl Reporter On Recurring Status. I'm pretty sure her contract is up in March or April.

Edited by ulkis