Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, that's just bizarre.  It would be one thing if Drew asked (though even that seems kind of weird), but to just be like "hey, lemme tell you about the night we banged and I got pregnant" is super creepy.  Especially because there hasn't been some special ~connection between the two of them up til now.  

This has nothing to do with the topic, but can you show me/tell me how to do a multi-quote like you just did? 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Yeah, that's just bizarre.  It would be one thing if Drew asked (though even that seems kind of weird), but to just be like "hey, lemme tell you about the night we banged and I got pregnant" is super creepy.  Especially because there hasn't been some special ~connection between the two of them up til now.  

Since Oscar’s birthday is Oct 22, Kim is lying to Drew

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, bamajen said:

Since Oscar’s birthday is Oct 22, Kim is lying to Drew

Or you know, the writers totally forgot because timelines, who needs them when you can pull something out of your ass like ringing in the New Year by banging and trying to make this whole stupid thing romantic.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Random Extra #45445 figures it out in five minutes that Ryan Chamberlin might still be alive just in time for Ryan to kill him. Wonderful. Now this can drag on until February.

As long as it drags on until Valentine's Day so Ryan can kill again. Super disappointed he is just killing a random day player for New Year's! What a total rip off! He better kill at least one more feckless regular!  

Finn + Anna not even equal to Tracey + Hepburn wax figures. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It legit sucks that we’re 99.9% never going to get a recast of Emma.

I like Brooklyn Rae Silzer. If the writers are doing like the show did with Robin/Kimberly and plan to have her grow up with the role, I think they got lucky with a great young actress.

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 3

"There are some things we'll never be even on...some things you just can't take back"

"Well, I'm sorry you feel that way"

Really? Sonny, you think you drape your scarf over some girl and she'll forgive and forget you killing her father? Ugh....the clueless, tone deaf entitlement. Your ass knows you did so too, at least pay the girl enough respect and keep quiet. And good on Margaux for getting her spine back, somewhat.

I liked Hank too...seemed unpretentious, and not in a fake soap way. Seems almost too good for this show.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

When was that said?

I think it had to do with, "We'll wait until after his birthday to tell him he's dying."  And he found out before, and was sulking for his birthday.  So no NYE conception, unless Kim is a horse? 

Also, those were fugly pants TB was wearing. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Has the Emma actress always been this bad? I remember thinking she was cute a while back. Now I don't like seeing her because her "acting" takes me completely out of the scene.

She has reached young Robin level of irritating for me.

7 hours ago, Hater said:

I kind of like Hank. He has personality. I also find him far more attractive than almost the entire male cast and he's just your average joe. At least his skin is nice and it doesn't look like its dried and pruney.

He's a little too Matt Lauer for me.

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎19 at 8:41 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Random thoughts from today:

- Nina/MS is wayyyyy too blonde.  Her hair blends into her skin and today they both blended into her dress.

- Alexis could've been more tactful with Kristina, but she's right: she cannot win with her.  Kristina overreacts to EVERYTHING Alexis says. 

- LOL at Jason basically telling Carly to just wait and see if Sonny bangs Margeux. 

- I'm really over this whole Alzheimer's story--specifically because it's become all about Sonny's man pain. 

- I was so happy when Cam spilled why he was buying the weed and didn't come up with some idiotic lie.

And I think I heard Jason say this was the worst thing that has ever happened to Sonny.  Wait, what?  Losing Morgan should be at the top of  that list.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, bannana said:

And I think I heard Jason say this was the worst thing that has ever happened to Sonny.  Wait, what?  Losing Morgan should be at the top of  that list.

It is but Jason wasn't there when it happened so he really cannot compare but you would think that he remember what it felt like when he thought Jake had died. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Has the Emma actress always been this bad? I remember thinking she was cute a while back. Now I don't like seeing her because her "acting" takes me completely out of the scene.

I don't think she was too bad when she was younger. But now, she's old enough to be conscious of the fact that she's supposed to be "acting" and that's what we're seeing in the scenes. The question now is, will she learn/grow out of it and really  become an actor, or will she be stuck in this mode for the rest of her GH life.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Hater said:

This is the guy playing Hank.  I think he has potential to be good.

But he will have to turn out to be shady, cuz Jason's has already deemed him to be, and Jason is never wrong. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It is but Jason wasn't there when it happened so he really cannot compare but you would think that he remember what it felt like when he thought Jake had died. 

This version of Jason barely seems to remember Jake exists. 

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Linny said:

Anna and Finn always seem to be aiming for quirky and charming in ways that don't often work for me

Bingo.  The show/the actors/both are definitely trying to make this pairing capital b Breezy, but it often feels forced.

And relatedly, so they brought up Rebecca Budig and then...nothing?  What was the point? 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Ryan randomly killed some random today?  That's so stupid!

And who gets the blame? Felicia?

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I missed yesterday, what's a Hank?

Someone who looked at a hit man and thought he was a SEAL.

WHICH NO ONE ELSE IN THE MILITARY MADE A CONNECTION FOR DECADES!

Seriously. You have this very proficient hitman, and a missing SpecOps, and no one made a connection maybe one and the same?

(I know it's not true, but really..)

• Love 3

I've never treated NYE like a big romantic holiday, but is it? Griffin is acting like celebrating with Anna and Finn is like interrupting a Valentine's Day dinner. Anyway, Emma is there.

2 hours ago, rur said:

[Brooklyn Silzer is] old enough to be conscious of the fact that she's supposed to be "acting" and that's what we're seeing in the scenes.

I'd rather see a bit of self-consciousness than the weird, preternaturally precociousness that the Disney kid actors have.

Speaking of self-conscious, though, I thought Peyton (the Ryan doc director) was way too coy. He practically telegraphed he was going to die.

2 hours ago, TVbitch said:
14 hours ago, Hater said:

This is the guy playing Hank.  I think he has potential to be good.

But he will have to turn out to be shady, cuz Jason's has already deemed him to be, and Jason is never wrong. 

I had to laugh that Jason was all suspicious that Hank thought he was Drew. Yes, being mistaken for your identical twin is certainly unusual.

The preview: Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked? Oh, Ned. That's getting into First Amendment territory, and you don't want to go there.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, makelemons said:

This version of Jason barely seems to remember Jake exists. 

Uncle Drew took more time and care with Jake than Lassie has ever done.

They have basically back burned Jake with Burton's return and pushed Oscar/Cameron/Aiden more to the center with the occasional Danny to prop his parents.

It's a shame because Hudson is probably the best actor of the "young set."

Edit: Hank is a contract role according to twitter.  So another new hire for Frankie? 

Edited by Hater
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The preview: Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked? Oh, Ned. That's getting into First Amendment territory, and you don't want to go there.

If he wants them revoked on the grounds that Lulu has zero education or training as a journalist, well...

And hey, remember how Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD to keep Laura in this thing?  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, rur said:

I don't think she was too bad when she was younger. But now, she's old enough to be conscious of the fact that she's supposed to be "acting" and that's what we're seeing in the scenes. The question now is, will she learn/grow out of it and really  become an actor, or will she be stuck in this mode for the rest of her GH life.

This is a great way of putting it. She’s not natural. It all looks very manufactured and fake, and it doesn’t help that she always has this cheesy smile in nearly every one of her scenes. I’m just hoping the actress eventually gets another job, so I can see Emma as a real character.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, rur said:

[Brooklyn Silzer is] old enough to be conscious of the fact that she's supposed to be "acting" and that's what we're seeing in the scenes.

I'd rather see a bit of self-consciousness than the weird, preternaturally precociousness that the Disney kid actors have.

We watched, and it hit me she is the same age as Maisie Williams in first season of Game of Thrones, Maisie's first acting gig. And Maisie can act rings around Brooklyn Rae. So, yeah, she needs to step up or get better scripts to work with. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What better way to continue to paint Ned as being "bad for Port Charles" and Laura to be the great savior mayoral candidate?

29 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And hey, remember how Spencer committed ELECTION FRAUD to keep Laura in this thing?  Ugh.

You know what?  I think you're mistaken. /Sonny voice

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What better way to continue to paint Ned as being "bad for Port Charles" and Laura to be the great savior mayoral candidate?

Then wouldn't it go a little more like: Y..You know what?  (long pause) I... I think you're uh.. I think you're mistaken (weird smile as he says "mistaken").?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Then wouldn't it go a little more like: Y..You know what?  (long pause) I... I think you're uh.. I think you're mistaken (weird smile as he says "mistaken").?

Also said in a whisper.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Let me be the first to say,

BWAAHAHAH AHAHAHA Jason's extra special New Year's Eve hair!!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He doesn't look good.  Sam is "so hot" for him though. That's what the audience is suppose to believe at least.

Anytime Burton gets close to her face or is about to kiss, Kelly has this look on her face:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.31.50 PM.png

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3

A random critique/observation - it struck me today that, with Kiki no more, Willow has emerged as the female lead of the twentysomething set and...that's kinda weird, no?  I mean, they did an okay job easing her in, but it just speaks to the hollowness of that age range that there apparently can only be one at a time.

Speaking of Keeks, so Ryan's kill count is now two randoms (and at least with Mary Pat, we knew her a little and mourned her because she briefly made Carly miserable.  This producer parachuted in just to be killed) and her.  What is with this show and doing these serial killer storylines with zero stakes?  It was the same with Paul!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jason is now connected to the Ryan murders and the Ryan/Kevin switch. Wonderful. 

Who didn't see that coming? He has no storyline but is involved with everyone else.

Laura hasn't figured this out yet. Can't believe GF came back for this.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also said in a whisper.

Ah yes.  That's very important.

1 hour ago, Hater said:

He doesn't look good.  Sam is "so hot" for him though. That's what the audience is suppose to believe at least.

Anytime Burton gets close to her face or is about to kiss, Kelly has this look on her face:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.31.50 PM.png

What? You mean looks that fluctuate between "you disgust me and I am trying not to retch being this close to you" and the"you are such a friggin moron"smirk don't make you feel the love in the afternoon?

• Love 6
Just now, BlancheDevoreaux said:

What? You mean looks that fluctuate between "you disgust me and I am trying not to retch being this close to you" and the"you are such a friggin moron"smirk don't make you feel the love in the afternoon?

They have negative body language.  Burton put his hands back into his pockets during their last kiss.

Kim and Drew are on the same level, maybe worse. 

• Love 4

Well, the nicest thing I can say about the JaSam kiss was that it was a marginal step up from Drew and Kim's, which was "cover your eyes and watch through your fingers" levels of awkward. Seriously, Drew acted so uptight during Kim's recounting of their sexual history that the subsequent kiss was nakedly forced and came out of nowhere. It was like Drew was kissing his sister or something, yeesh. Just YIKES all the way around.

Hey 2019, cut my man Curtis a break and don't send him stumbling upon any more bloody crime scenes, alright? Let him enjoy some peace with his wife for more than five minutes, please.

I typed and then deleted a whole paragraph about the ludicrous implausibility of Ryan transporting a dead body completely undetected on one of the busiest nights of the year, because none of that matters now that Jason has found the body. There's no room for logic and reason when Jason will surely solve the case based on nothing more than the sheer infallibility of his existence.

• Love 8

Krew was terrible.  The only thing I will say is they have basically come out of nowhere.  There has been ZERO romantic indications between those two (not even a stare, a longing look, a hug...nada) and then suddenly she's recounting some nonsense and they kiss?

This show makes no sense. There needs to be build up to these things. 

I know partially this was a plot point for Julian but to me they are really going there with them, so they need to really work on it because it's not good.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Hater said:

They have negative body language.  Burton put his hands back into his pockets during their last kiss.

Kim and Drew are on the same level, maybe worse. 

I don't understand how the director or EP lets any of this negative body language air.  Aren't they all being paid to act?! Fake it!

i guess hands in pockets is the new mouth wipe! 

Edited by makelemons
Mispelled word
  • Love 3

Did Ryan start sleeping with Ava after he killed MaryP? Because he definitely slept with here after he murdered Kiki.

Sam cleans up well. I wish they'd put more effort in her clothes. Drew/Kim have no chemistry and the talk Kim was having was just really awkward and uncomfortable. Also, was she pregnant for more than 10 months? Seriously, writers.

16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Did Ryan start sleeping with Ava after he killed MaryP? Because he definitely slept with here after he murdered Kiki.

Sam cleans up well. I wish they'd put more effort in her clothes. Drew/Kim have no chemistry and the talk Kim was having was just really awkward and uncomfortable. Also, was she pregnant for more than 10 months? Seriously, writers.

Yes the whole conversation was awkward. Let me tell you something you do not remember when we slept together and made Oscar and discuss other things you have no idea about in the worst and most boring possible way & then this will lead us to a kiss? BM gave her nothing in that scene.  But instead of having Kim blab that much, get to the point and have her crying or something! Anything...like WTF was that? 

16 minutes ago, makelemons said:

I don't understand how the director or EP lets any of this negative body language air.  Aren't they all being paid to act?! Fake it!

i guess hands in pockets is the new mouth wipe! 

Or holding onto objects like purses during the kiss. lol

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2

One thing I did like today was Laura and Scotty.  As I've said before, while the ship has sailed and sunk and resurfaced and sunk again on them being a romantic couple, I do really like them as friends, people who've known each other a long time and still think fondly of each other and support each other.  Them acknowledging the pain that Ava is going through re: Kiki's demise is something they're both sadly familiar with was a nice beat.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ned wants Lulu's press credentials revoked? O

No.  Today, Ned asked Jordan if there is a leak in the PCPD since they were the only ones going with the serial killer angle until Lulu's article came out.  Jordan said Lulu had been hanging around the past few days and she cuts her some slack since she's Dante's wife.  That's when Ned said to cut her privileges, which is more about making sure Lulu doesn't get a chance to overhear something or snoop into a file.  

• Love 4

Does Ryan own an invisibility cloak or something.  How the eff is he able to transfer the bodies to high populated locations without anyone knowing?  I'll give them a pass on Mary Pat, because I think he shoved her head in the barrel the night before the party and the gallery is not an overly populated area.  With Kiki, he might get a bit of a pass, since he could have moved the body while everyone was at the church for the wedding and no one was at the Star.  But this one?  No one saw him go into the Metrcourt, up the elevator, through the restaurant and onto the balcony with Peyton's body?  Shut up with that nonsense.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No.  Today, Ned asked Jordan if there is a leak in the PCPD since they were the only ones going with the serial killer angle until Lulu's article came out.  Jordan said Lulu had been hanging around the past few days and she cuts her some slack since she's Dante's wife.  That's when Ned said to cut her privileges, which is more about making sure Lulu doesn't get a chance to overhear something or snoop into a file.  

There are two murders within two months of each others, both on holidays. (That is an angle and a connection even if Lulu wouldn't have thought of it when she wrote her article). Both were women, both in some form worked in the medical field. How hard would it have been for a reporter or a citizen to come up with a serial killer theory? The PCPD isn't that special, Ned.

No jokes about Lulu's journalism smarts or lack thereof, please. :) 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

There are two murders within two months of each others, both on holidays. (That is an angle and a connection even if Lulu wouldn't have thought of it when she wrote her article). Both were women, both in some form worked in the medical field. How hard would it have been for a reporter or a citizen to come up with a serial killer theory? The PCPD isn't that special, Ned.

Yeah, but Lulu DID get her information from the PCPD file, so Ned isn't wrong.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If he wants them revoked on the grounds that Lulu has zero education or training as a journalist, well...

Whatever Ned's complaint of Lulu is, as mayor of Port Charles, though, he's on very shaky legal ground demanding her press credentials revoked. He'd be better off refusing comment whenever she asked.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That got dropped faster than a hot potato. I really wanted the FBI to come to town and put the fear of God into Spencer. Or better yet, send him to juvie for a bit to give him a taste of accountability for his actions.

• Love 3

Sounded they sped up Auld Lang Syne about triple the speed.

Why the handheld camera action lens even in the metro court? It looks so amateurish!

Michael and Kristina still have the best chemistry. Just do it show, it would be soapy.

I really thought Maxie and Peter were gonna kiss by now. Just get the hell on with it already. See, they should have kissed at Christmas, because now when will they do it? A month from now is the anniversary of Nathan's death! That's pretty much the worst day they could pick.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

he's on very shaky legal ground demanding her press credentials revoked.

He wasn't asking for her press credentials to be revoked.  Jordan say she lets Lulu hang out at the PCPD because she's Dante's wife and she misses him.  Though we know that Lulu's hanging out so she can get quotes from Chase and snoop into files.  Ned was essentially saying, stop letting Lulu hang out since she's clearly getting privileged info that she shouldn't.  

• Love 6