• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Questions about the throwback episode.  

Who was the guy with Maxie?

who was the woman with Mac?

the silver haired fox with Audrey?

The guy with Lainey?

was that Brook Lynn with Ned?

The woman with Mac was Felicia played temporarily by Sandra Ferguson.

Silver haired guy with Audrey was Edward Quartermaine played by Jed Allen.

I believe that was Brook Lynn with Ned. 

Edited by texastornado
Sorry for the double post, not sure what happened!
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Only a bit. It's sad that "progress" means seeing a character onscreen.

Seriously. We hadn't seen Kevin since...Laura and Carly went to Ferncliff? Which was, I think, a day or two before Mary Pat was murdered.

• Love 1

I kind of hope Lulu is arrested for a day or two for looking at the files. 

That said, do people really need an article to think maybe there's a serial killer? And isn't the paper Lulu works for a trash rag? Did she and Peter already transform it into srs business?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

That said, do people really need an article to think maybe there's a serial killer? And isn't the paper Lulu works for a trash rag? Did she and Peter already transform it into srs business?

Lulu would scream freedom of the press or something totally irrelevant like that.

I hope the citizens of PC don't need Girl Reporter telling them there's a possible serial killer running around town, but who knows? The town isn't exactly chock full of Mensa members. And I think Peter has transformed to rag into a respectable publication. All it took was his say so.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Only if Scam gets arrested too for being a shithead and going through people's belongings.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Dear show, 

BM and TB have zero chemistry. Stop trying to make it happen.

Thank you ever so kindly,

Me.

They're terrible. And even if there was a spark of chemistry, Billy is there to tank it. 

I've never watched a soap where there wasn't at least one pairing that had some chemistry that I could root for. Or at least have a shred of interest in. On top of terrible writing and casting and directing (I'm starting to think the actors are directing themselves in one take with no rehearsals whatsoever at this point, the scenes are that clunky) the actors pile on by clearly protesting what they're paid to portray. Not every couple is going to be a winner, and believe me, show, we don't like suffering through the cruel and unusual punishment that is the current Jasam reunion anymore than the actors like to play it, but to be so obvious about it and still keep your job is amazing. 

I give TB credit because she is trying. Her character is terrible but at least unlike some others she does her job and acts out what's on the page for better or worse. Kim and Julian by and large stink, but Tamara gave it her best, imo. It's clear they're testing out Kim and Drew and once again she's giving it a shot while her scene partner grunts, rolls his eyes, sighs and stares at the craft services table off screen. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Only if Scam gets arrested too for being a shithead and going through people's belongings.

I'm all for it lol.

13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope the citizens of PC don't need Girl Reporter telling them there's a possible serial killer running around town, but who knows? The town isn't exactly chock full of Mensa members.

Is Lulu so shitty a reporter that she needed Carly to come up with the frame angle or is Carly just that amazing that she can do anyone's job better than they can?

Why was Carly even on today? Bleh.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss needs to have a tall glass of STFU. I would ask what 15 y-o goes into someone's place of business and disrespects him like that, but I remembered whose daughter she is. Those scenes were terrible on so many levels. The entitled tone for one. 

Dear show, 

BM and TB have zero chemistry. Stop trying to make it happen.

Thank you ever so kindly,

Me.

I agree.  I also feel like, even though there is only 8 years between the actors, there seems to be a bigger age gap.  Maybe it's because I saw TB as Carly so many years ago.  Maybe it's because she is so skinny that her skin just kind of hangs there making her look older.  I don't know.  But I feel like they are much more like a closer in age aunt/nephew or a brother and sister than former lovers destined to be together. Besides, it's really refreshing to see people able to be friends and co-parent without constantly falling into bed together. Let them just stay friends.

And in that regard, more scenes with Drew and his friends (Curtis and even Franco), please.  Friendships are terribly lacking on this show.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

They're terrible. And even if there was a spark of chemistry, Billy is there to tank it. 

I've never watched a soap where there wasn't at least one pairing that had some chemistry that I could root for. Or at least have a shred of interest in. On top of terrible writing and casting and directing (I'm starting to think the actors are directing themselves in one take with no rehearsals whatsoever at this point, the scenes are that clunky) the actors pile on by clearly protesting what they're paid to portray. Not every couple is going to be a winner, and believe me, show, we don't like suffering through the cruel and unusual punishment that is the current Jasam reunion anymore than the actors like to play it, but to be so obvious about it and still keep your job is amazing. 

I give TB credit because she is trying. Her character is terrible but at least unlike some others she does her job and acts out what's on the page for better or worse. Kim and Julian by and large stink, but Tamara gave it her best, imo. It's clear they're testing out Kim and Drew and once again she's giving it a shot while her scene partner grunts, rolls his eyes, sighs and stares at the craft services table off screen. 

Kim and Drew are about a year too late.  Billy and Tamara never sparked.  In retrospect, Tamara was a terrible hire as she was hired because Frank liked her and not necessarily for who her character was going to be, which was Drew's past lover. Same thing for the actor they cast to play his son.  He can't act. He doesn't remotely look anything like Drew.  It's a mess.  These are things a producer would think about before hiring people and making decisions like this.  But Frank Valentini will do as he pleases.  

And let's say Kim/Oscar weren't originally going to be Drew's past, they could have recasted Oscar especially just like they did with Cameron.  They haven't.  Garren is awful and looks nothing like his "parents."

Margo was brought on to play a love interest to Drew or at least hook up with him and then was passed on to Sonny in favor of a cancer storyline about Oscar and for Carly to cry over a scarf? 

FV could have let Billy go, he decided not to and at this point I don't feel bad for anyone, especially not this show because they 100% knew what they were getting when he resigned a contract.  He was not going to be playing this as anything other than what you see now.  He has no memories of her, he feels nothing towards her and until the script actually moves in that direction..this is what it will be.  Billy has done this before on this show and Frank knows it.   Why bring him back if you know what you're going to get? Beats me.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I hope the citizens of PC don't need Girl Reporter telling them there's a possible serial killer running around town, but who knows? The town isn't exactly chock full of Mensa members.

Is Lulu so shitty a reporter that she needed Carly to come up with the frame angle or is Carly just that amazing that she can do anyone's job better than they can?

LOL. Lulu's track record as a reporter is...spotty, shall we say, so it doesn't surprise me someone else had to suggest the frame. It exasperates me that everything falls into her lap like that. At least we see Sam breaking and entering, heh. Lulu just waits for someone else to do the work for her.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kim and Drew are about a year too late.  Billy and Tamara never sparked.  In retrospect, Tamara was a terrible hire as she was hired because Frank liked her and not necessarily for who her character was going to be, which was Drew's past lover. Same thing for the actor they cast to play his son.  He can't act. He doesn't remotely look anything like Drew.  It's a mess.  These are things a producer would think about before hiring people and making decisions like this.  But Frank Valentini will do as he pleases.  

Well Oscar is not suppose to look like Drew. He supposed to look like Jason, as he and Drew were identical twins. But nope, the actor is really bad and shoud have been casted again when the cancer story started up. It's not like he and the actress that play Joss are interesting to see like Robin/Stone or Lucky/Liz when they were the angsty teens on this show.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Well Oscar is not suppose to look like Drew. He supposed to look like Jason, as he and Drew were identical twins. But nope, the actor is really bad and shoud have been casted again when the cancer story started up. It's not like he and the actress that play Joss are interesting to see like Robin/Stone or Lucky/Liz when they were the angsty teens on this show.

Well yea he looks nothing like Drew, old face or new face.  I don't look at him and say "That kid resembles Steve Burton" in the least.  It seems FV is trying to do Stone/Robin Part Deux with them.

20 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I agree.  I also feel like, even though there is only 8 years between the actors, there seems to be a bigger age gap.  Maybe it's because I saw TB as Carly so many years ago.  Maybe it's because she is so skinny that her skin just kind of hangs there making her look older.  I don't know.  But I feel like they are much more like a closer in age aunt/nephew or a brother and sister than former lovers destined to be together. Besides, it's really refreshing to see people able to be friends and co-parent without constantly falling into bed together. Let them just stay friends.

And in that regard, more scenes with Drew and his friends (Curtis and even Franco), please.  Friendships are terribly lacking on this show.

I notice the age difference between them as well.  Kim as a character is just horribly developed and I have no clue why Drew and her would have anything remotely in common at this point.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Hater said:

And let's say Kim/Oscar weren't originally going to be Drew's past, they could have recasted Oscar especially just like they did with Cameron.  They haven't.  Garren is awful and looks nothing like his "parents."

Margo was brought on to play a love interest to Drew or at least hook up with him and then was passed on to Sonny in favor of a cancer storyline about Oscar and for Carly to cry over a scarf? 

FV could have let Billy go, he decided not to and at this point I don't feel bad for anyone, especially not this show because they 100% knew what they were getting when he resigned a contract.  He was not going to be playing this as anything other than what you see now.  He has no memories of her, he feels nothing towards her and until the script actually moves in that direction..this is what it will be.  

Yes! Cast based on acting ability.  Cast based on looking like the parents.  I don't care.  But, when the person cast can't act and looks nothing like the parents, I'm left wondering how he ever got the job.  And having him in scenes with the guy who plays Cameron REALLY puts the actors lack of acting ability on display.

• Love 4

Yikes, today was obnoxious mother/daughter day. Between Joss acting just like that buttinsky asshole of a mother of hers and Lulu and Laura thinking inciting panic among PC citizens is the preferred news to spread, I wanted to puke.

• Love 4

Joss has a hell of a lot of nerve to go to Julian’s bar and tell him to back off from Kim so Oscar’s parents can “get back together”. They haven’t been “together” for 14 years. And be respectful of your elders, young lady. You owe Julian an apology and deserve to get a stern lecture from him. And could LuLu just go walk off a pier? She is just too stupid to live.

• Love 8

I actually enjoyed the Ryan/Kevin scenes and the Liesl/Nellie scenes.  Lindstrom is playing Ryan for grins and it’s fun. I’ve found my GH “heroes” and they’re villains. 

At at least they aren’t Corinthi. 

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

I actually enjoyed the Ryan/Kevin scenes and the Liesl/Nellie scenes.  Lindstrom is playing Ryan for grins and it’s fun. I’ve found my GH “heroes” and they’re villains. 

At at least they aren’t Corinthi. 

I totally agree with you. And how sad that we have to root for the villians these days. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

loved Dr. O being all, "Welp, I'll just hang on to this secret until I need it."  My girl!

I also thought KG looked stunning today.  the hair and makeup were on point.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The Kevin/Ryan story is making progress, FINALLY,

How? Ryan goes to Ferncliffe to taunt Kevin. He's done that before. Ryan creepily encourages Ava. He's done that before.

What I got out of today, was that Ryan asked Kevin to fill in the spots in his knowledge and I think that means Kevin will tell him things that will be wrong so that when Ryan tells them to Laura, she'll know something's off.  I think if that's the case, then it's progress.  Of course, if we don't see Kevin again until February, then yeah, no progress.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 5

Nooo! WTF?! Ryan didn't kill anybody for Christmas! Fucking Scrooge! He better kill somebody for New Year's, and by somebody I mean Carly.  

OMG, I think Griffin's hair was "acting" today. It was flat, showcasing that he is "sad."

I feel sorry for the people in 10 years who get one of these lame ass episodes as their holiday flashback.

• Love 7

Joss needs to shut up. Kim  and Drew were nothing to each other but a quick fling and IMO I believe she lied about the nature of their relationship.

Speaking of Drew, does anyone think Jason's accidental meeting with the guy from Drew's past is related to him warning Sonny about Margaux. Then Sonny is shown asking Margaux about Jason. Maybe far fetched, but it could be a connection.

I would care about Willow's story if she wasn't so bland. They should have picked a more experienced actress.

• Love 2

I don’t think Kim has chemistry with either Drew or Julian. She is so dour for a young person. Joss needs to calm the F down and go back to school. Maybe, she can take her dopey boyfriend with her. These two are definitely not Love in the Afternoon. I’m curious who Kevin next victim will be? A contract or day player? I haven’t heard any rumblings. Although, I haven’t seen that annoying Amy in ages. Of course, Chet did show up a few days ago. Nah! No one would it’s her.  I do like seeing Genie Francis though. She brings such sincerity to the role and isn’t all OTT.  It was great seeing Nelle again. The actress can’t quit this role. LOL!!!! I’m thinking Willow will marry Michael so she can see the baby more. She has the hots more for Chase but I guess she likes Michael enough to go through the motions. Chad Duell has horrible luck with love interests. I’m sort amazed he’s still in on the show. He doesn’t generate any heat which is odd for a young guy on a soap opera. How has he survived this long? 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Chad Duell has horrible luck with love interest. I’m sort amazed he’s still in n the show. He doesn’t generate any heat which is odd for a young guy on a soap opera. How has he survived this long? 

Maurice Bernard likes him.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I don’t think Kim has chemistry with either Drew or Julian. She is so dour for a young person. Joss needs to calm the F down and go back to school. Maybe, she can take her dopey boyfriend with her. These two are definitely not Love in the Afternoon. I’m curious who Kevin next victim will be? A contract or day player? I haven’t heard any rumblings. Although, I haven’t seen that annoying Amy in ages. Of course, Chet did show up a few days ago. Nah! No one would it’s her.  I do like seeing Genie Francis though. She brings such sincerity to the role and isn’t all OTT.  It was great seeing Nelle again. The actress can’t quit this role. LOL!!!! I’m thinking Willow will marry Michael so she can see the baby more. She has the hots more for Chase but I guess she likes Michael enough to go through the motions. Chad Duell has horrible luck with love interest. I’m sort amazed he’s still in n the show. He doesn’t generate any heat which is odd for a young guy on a soap opera. How has he survived this long? 

Maurice, Laura, and now Burton again.  He endeared himself to them and now he's locked in.

It's not luck either.  He just sucks.  He has zero charisma and never did.  While Roger, Billy, etc lack "acting skills" these days, at some point during their soap lives there was charisma there.  CD never had it.  I still don't view Michael as a man in his 30s.  He comes across as a child that needs his butt whipped by mommy, daddy, and uncle Jasus.   It doesn't help that CD just has that look that exudes "white bread." 

I find it unfortunate that all the love interests he's had outside of maybe KA as Starr/Kiki, girl who played the hooker were better actors imo yet all succumbed to his "dick of death" as they say.

Chloe could act circles around him. 

Teresa Castillo wasn't fantastic but she had more presence than he did.

The woman who played Rosalie was also better in their brief thrust on screen and of course HE turned out to be  better overall as well.

The actress who plays Willow better hope she's paired with Chase or her time is ticking....

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I feel sorry for the people in 10 years who get one of these lame ass episodes as their holiday flashback.

That is sweetly optimistic that you think this mess has another 10 years in it...

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Hater said:

The actress who plays Willow better hope she's paired with Chase or her time is ticking....

What she hopes for and what they will have her character do are two different things. I think Willow will get with Michael to have access to Wiley and be part of his life that way.

11 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That is sweetly optimistic that you think this mess has another 10 years in it...

In 2011, did any of us think this show would still be on in Dec. 2018 with Roger Howarth as a recast Franco engaged to Liz??

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Elizabeth and Franco will get married. He keeps wanting to postpone it, and they hate having her happy for any length of time.

I think they will.  But then what happens after that?  It seems that pairing has nothing else to play out after they get married.  Unless they will go there and turn Franco back into a villain.  I tend to think they won't do that because of Uncle Frank.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder if Elizabeth and Franco will get married. He keeps wanting to postpone it, and they hate having her happy for any length of time.

I am good with any and every postponement of this. I actually think she would ultimately be happy that she didn't make it legal.

Okay maybe I am just projecting my feelings.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Has the Emma actress always been this bad? I remember thinking she was cute a while back. Now I don't like seeing her because her "acting" takes me completely out of the scene.

Yes.  Brooklyn is cute but was never much of an actress.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I actually think she would ultimately be happy that she didn't make it legal.

Soaps are weirdly prudish this way. Everyone has to get married! When the show had a budget, it was fun to see the weddings, but now they're just sad. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I am good with any and every postponement of this. I actually think she would ultimately be happy that she didn't make it legal.

Okay maybe I am just projecting my feelings.

I believe you speak for multitudes.

• Love 6

Let's recap. Felicia and Mac have been worrying about Kevin's strange behavior off-screen and went on their cruise partly to get away from the Ryan Chamberlin Murders anniversary hoopla. Felicia was a key player in Ryan and Kevin's past, knows all about Kevin's mental breakdown, and was the object of Ryan's obsession. This is the twenty-fifth anniversary of the murders and Kevin is all of a sudden acting completely out of character and spending time with people he never would before while distancing himself from his wife and friends. And - Felicia has no answers for Laura to why Kevin could be acting this way? She doesn't suggest perhaps Kevin is in the beginnings of another mental break?

Random Extra #45445 figures it out in five minutes that Ryan Chamberlin might still be alive just in time for Ryan to kill him. Wonderful. Now this can drag on until February.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Soaps are weirdly prudish this way. Everyone has to get married! When the show had a budget, it was fun to see the weddings, but now they're just sad. 

I think that's because for soaps they use that as the third act so to speak of a relationship. They could use the first time a couple has sex I suppose but in most cases that would be too soon.

• Love 1

I skipped through the episode but I have said it before but the hospital lighting is terrible.  It does none of these actors favors, except maybe Becky.  They were looking rough, all three.

Margo had a nice dress.

Edited by Hater

My goodness, Emma has certainly grown up. She still annoyingly treats adults like they're her peers, but I'll take her brand of precocious over Spencer's any day of the week, so it could certainly be worse. Anna and Finn always seem to be aiming for quirky and charming in ways that don't often work for me, but Finn abruptly leaving only to return with Roxy was pretty cute. I just really like Roxy, okay.

I think even the PCPD will have enough sense to realize that the murder of a filmmaker and (I'm assuming) the disappearance of his Ryan Chamberlain documentary footage would only be committed by someone with close ties to the story. Ryan, my dude, I've enjoyed your stint, but I think you've overplayed your hand here.

It seems like odd timing to dump this shady person allegedly from Drew's past into his lap when he's already busy enough with a sick son and the show's insistence that Drew/Kim be the square peg that fits into a round hole, but whatever. I was actually fine with Jason's scenes today other than the commentary about how fucking amazing he is at pool (better than Drew, naturally). Jason's perfect, that message comes through loud and clear, there's really no need to keep spamming me with unsolicited reminders.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kim comes across so creepy in the preview "This is the night we conceived Oscar."

Something Drew has no way of knowing whether or not that is actually true. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover it.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
18 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kim comes across so creepy in the preview "This is the night we conceived Oscar."

Something Drew has no way of knowing whether or not that is actually true. Creepy doesn't even begin to cover it.

Yeah, that's just bizarre.  It would be one thing if Drew asked (though even that seems kind of weird), but to just be like "hey, lemme tell you about the night we banged and I got pregnant" is super creepy.  Especially because there hasn't been some special ~connection between the two of them up til now.  

• Love 3

I kind of like Hank. He has personality. I also find him far more attractive than almost the entire male cast and he's just your average joe. At least his skin is nice and it doesn't look like its dried and pruney.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3