Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

CN someone please tell me what Julian did that would have justified sonny having him thrown out of the house as Bobbie suggested would have been appropriate? I mean, other than just showing up to get his niece for her regularly scheduled visit with her mother?

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

We always knew it was short-term, whether that was the show's call or KT's is unclear.  But I wonder if she'll be back when Baby Swap 2018 goes boom.  Why else have her learn the secret from Brad?

I wonder if she's going to be the one to connect the dots for Leisl. I mean, Leisl knows Nelle's baby wasn't stillborn but she doesn't know Brad got the baby. That has to get out somehow.

• Love 3

Amnesia!Morgan would definitely be sleeping around and that's a decent retcon for Nelle knowing about his intense love of penguins - and all the other things Nelle knew about Morgan that the audience didn't even know*

*Because those things were stupid bs from crappy writers, but still.

Plus, I could actually see Morgan giving up custody to the Whos

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

When was Ryan last on? The pacing on this show is mind boggling bad. 

Between baby Wiley/Jonah and little Avery at least there was some cuteness amongst the boredom (Fanna, Peter, Chillow), grossness (Valentina) and rage inducing hypocrisy (Carson & crew). That baby sure loved Parry! He was all smiles and such a happy looking little guy. I had to laugh at the end of the episode he looked so pooped. Put in a hard days work and ready for a nap. 

I guess they're moving along the baby story. Thank goodness, the suspense was killing me...

• Love 3

Just de-lurking to say, OMG, I hate the Nina/Valentin pairing SOOOO much. SOOOO much. Like...I really really hate that couple. Separate? Meh, fine. Together? Please give me a hot poker to jab in my eyes.

Please let me know if I'm not being clear. I don't want there to be any confusion about how I feel.

/returns to the shadows.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

When was Ryan last on? The pacing on this show is mind boggling bad. 

Last week, I think, and I'm pretty sure he's not on again until next week, but we get to see Kevin, too, so I guess it evens out. Presumably Ryan is killing people offscreen in his down time?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Presumably Ryan is killing people offscreen in his down time?

I'm pretty sure he's plying Ava with vodka and convincing her that Kiki's death is a good thing.  

• Love 2

Making Sam the godmother is a crock.  She isn't even maternal with her own children.  She passes them off as if they are friends or something.  The only time she's been motherly is with Scout after her birth. Another reason why Jason and Sam are terrible together, she has an additional kid that she treats as a prop and just doesn't fit into her 'family of three.'  Michael doesn't make much sense either outside of being Lucas's cousin and the plot point.

Edited by Hater

I find the fact that they were opposed to a baptism or baby dedication and just wanted this to be a naming ceremony, but are still sticking with having godparents amusing/annoying. I mean, a show that thrives on crime isn't going to be too big on religion. I get that. But they wanted to take all of the religion out of the ceremony, but still have godparents.  Why not give them a separate title, as well?

This storyline with Willow is really making me like Chase.  I know I'm going to be extra annoyed when she chooses to be with Michael, a character with all the personality of wallpaper, instead of adorable Chase. Then again, I also wish Brad and Lucas could keep Wiley and I know that won't happen.  Taste in company aside, they are clearly a better, safer, and more stable choice for parents. Willow leaving Chase for Michael and the two of them raising Wiley as Jonah is just going to make me stabby.

And speaking of stabby, Ryan, please come kill the Corinthi clan.  This, of course, includes Sam and Jason.  You can decide whether or not to include Max and Milo.  Spare Diane.  I like her relationship with Alexis.

• Love 12

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, but I am livid at the absurdity of Lucas and Brad having the naming ceremony at Casa Corinthos.  It's all so contrived.  And, seriously, fuck you, Bobbie, with your "Julian deserved to be thrown out" comment.  First off, NO ONE told him about the party, so he thought he was just picking Avery up for her weekly time with Ava.  Secondly, how fucking dare Sonny and Carly claim that Ava shouldn't get said visit because "Avery is just a child and can't be responsible for helping make her Mother's grief less."  Oh, really?  Is that how it worked every time you demanded Avery be front and center at one of Morgan's 548 memorials?  Go to hell, you two hypocrites.

• Love 21
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Since Leisl has been sprung, why wouldn't Brit want to come back and see her, especially after Leisl's great (almost) sacrifice. 

Wellllll, Britt did betray her mom by playing her on behalf of Anna and Dr. Michael Easton.  She couldn't expect that Obrecht would be understanding about it so I understand her impulse to flee the jurisdiction, lest Obrecht find some way to have her pitched from a parapet.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Hater said:

Michael doesn't make much sense either outside of being Lucas's cousin and the plot point.

Nephew. How dare u.

I'm not so sure Willow will choose Michael eventually. I wish she would though because I think she is meh.

I hope Obrecht kidnaps James for a day or two so Maxie can stop saying fucking idiotic things about her. She amuses me at times but she is a terrible person who should be in friggin prison. I mean "oh man I have people I can lean on and so does Nina but not Obrecht." YEAH GEE I WONDER WHY.

• Love 3

Why is Lucas (who?), on his "baby's" first Christmas, hanging around Casa Corinthii instead of going to the hospital party with his mother or, I dunno, AT HOME WITH HIS HUSBAND, THE CHILD'S OTHER FATHER.  And now that Willow has (duh) been revealed as the original Wiley's mother, her pain and POV will take center stage right behind Michael's and the (who?)s will recede even further.  It is so frustrating.

Speaking of Bobbie, as much as she pissed me off yesterday, her and Monica rock-paper-scissor-ing over who read the Christmas story versus dressed up as Santa was pretty cute.  I approve of them taking on the mantle.

I don't know why Chet is randomly back, but compared to some of these other narbos, I guess I don't mind it.  Put him with Maxie over LWB/FS, I say.

I guess only off-screen skiing could cure TJ and Molly's heartache about their super close bestie friend Kiki. #eyeroll

Anna being all touched LWB/FS deigned to be nice to her, barf.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Why did they even bother killing off Kiki? It has affected nothing, except for Ava having a big dramatic scene, and she usually has one anyway. I gotta wonder if it was just Frank being a petty ass to Hayley Erin.

• Love 7
On 12/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, HeatLifer said:

I think the epic slowness of it all is bc of the actors. GH doesn’t do a slowburn with anything and hasn’t in decades. This “let’s stare and not kiss” for over a year is the writers trying to deal with difficult actors.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:04 PM, LexieLily said:

The actors aren't going to magically get any less difficult and no one is going to change their minds on what they want, so what happens?

On 12/19/2018 at 4:06 PM, HeatLifer said:

They’re going to go round and round until they can’t anymore. And when that happens, when JaSam are “together,” you will see quick FTB love scenes and millisecond kisses.

So what I'm getting here is that this "epic romance" is the same place when I last watched this show, more than six months ago. Good to know.

On 12/19/2018 at 4:34 PM, HeatLifer said:

And that was only once after like, a YEAR of not even TOUCHING. Think about how this would be written for any other actor/character pairing. This isn’t normal. It’s clear BTS struggle.

Case in point, how quickly did Sam and "Jason" jump back in bed when Billy Miller was supposed to be Jason? And as they love to mention now, he wasn't even acting like "real Jason" back then and running to Carly and Sonny's side every two minutes. 

• Love 1

I need someone to explain to me like I'm 5.

Is this show supposed to be ironic? Between Carly being all about how everyone should be good to each other and not only Christmas when she starts 90% of the shit and yells at people because reasons and Julian actually having just gone to talk to Willow to convince her to let Lucas and Brad keep the baby, this show is the upside world. 

Also, that baby steals every scene he is in. And Chase is adorable but Michael is the awesomest awesome that ever awesomed the bland, so whatever.

3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I give up. What does FTB stand for?

Fade to black, I think?

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think the show is very determined though. Because then they would just write it. Even if KM or whoever doesn't want them to. 

They were determined enough to get Sam away from Drew, though, so what's the point if not JaSam?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Case in point, how quickly did Sam and "Jason" jump back in bed when Billy Miller was supposed to be Jason? And as they love to mention now, he wasn't even acting like "real Jason" back then and running to Carly and Sonny's side every two minutes. 

I don't remember. I think it took awhile for her to stop claiming that she wanted to be a Dr.'s wife. TBF though, I have no idea how much longer that would've gone on if JT hadn't bolted.

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

They were determined enough to get Sam away from Drew, though, so what's the point if not JaSam?

They are doing Jasam though . . . just the way @HeatLifer said, as off-screen and chastely as possible.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I mean, you can't do a triangle if the person in the middle refuses to make minimal effort with both of her love interests. But also, a triangle with twins is squicksome - especially given the Drew as Jason origins of Drew/Sam's relationship

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't remember. I think it took awhile for her to stop claiming that she wanted to be a Dr.'s wife. TBF though, I have no idea how much longer that would've gone on if JT hadn't bolted.

Ah, yes, JT bolting was the only thing that saved Robin from no one caring about her kidnapping, because I think they would have tried to play the Jake Doe/Patrick/Sam/Liz quad longer if they could. 

Just now, Oracle42 said:

I mean, you can't do a triangle if the person in the middle refuses to make minimal effort with both of her love interests. But also, a triangle with twins is squicksome - especially given the Drew as Jason origins of Drew/Sam's relationship

KM puts more effort in with Billy, at least.

2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yup that was a factor. Plus I feel like they put nuJasam together so quickly then because they had no idea what else to do with them. Patrick left in January, and by, what, June Sam was pregnant? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

KM puts more effort in with Billy, at least.

Much more - and that's not really the recipe for a good, or even a decent, triangle.

As annoying as the Sonny/Brenda/Jax,  Alexis/Sonny/Carly or Liz/Jason/Sam triangles became - the person in the middle of all of those triangle put in effort with both of the other people. I get that KeMo and BM want to work together but I think tanking a triangle on a soap is kinda dumb

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yup that was a factor. Plus I feel like they put nuJasam together so quickly then because they had no idea what else to do with them. Patrick left in January, and by, what, June Sam was pregnant? 

I was genuinely shocked by how crappy and unsoapy that reunion was. I kept thinking they were going to do something soapy at some point, but nope.

8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I get that KeMo and BM want to work together but I think tanking a triangle on a soap is kinda dumb

The problem though is this was never really a triangle in my opinion. It was the writers dragging out Sam and Drew until an appropriate time to shuffle her back to Jason. They made Sam "torn" about her feelings for maybe five minutes and then she was off to her adventures with Jason and Spinelli and being the "real" her after Drew "stifled" her.

Then in a blink of the eye she and Drew quickly came to an amicable exes place, except for their weird "wanting to do each other" body language and quirks in their scenes and ever since it's been this boring ass never-ending "build" to the big reunion with Jason. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Oracle42 said:

I was genuinely shocked by how crappy and unsoapy that reunion was. I kept thinking they were going to do something soapy at some point, but nope.

I knew it would be bad when Jason (Drew) received all of his Jason memories back during a commercial break via the car accident.

• Love 4

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm not going to complain that Drew just had to reach out for Sonny's help today to "save Christmas," ensuring that Sonny/Carly/Jason got more camera time attended the hospital party. It made Monica happy that Jason was there, and I'm sure she's classy enough to overlook Sonny and Carly's unsightly history for one day, so that's what I'm going to do, too. Oscar caring enough to make Christmas special for the sick children was really touching, especially since it gave him the chance to participate in a holiday tradition set by all the Quartermaines who came before him. As much as the show insists that the Corinthos clan is the cornerstone of GH, it's nice to be reminded that the legacy of the Quartermaines and their commitment of service to the hospital is the true fundamental mainstay.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Yeah. I do wonder if Steve hadn't returned if they would have done something soapy with them or knocked her up with twins after lol. But by the time she gave birth to Scout they knew they were working on getting Steve back.

• Love 1

There were months of Sam doing the same thing she did when "Jason" came back before - committing to the relationship that she was in and being relatively uninterested in Jason. And there were scenes in the beginning that could have been the beginning of a triangle. And I think SBu was putting in effort and KeMo was.... present , but not terribly engaged - and then she'd be all in in her scenes with Drew. 

BM renews annually. Of course TPTB are going to push Jason/Sam. And if they can't make a triangle work, then they're just going to do Jason/Sam

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I don't think it can all be put on KeMo; for as badly as SBu wanted to come back and claim the Jason role again he puts minimal effort at best into relating with Sam or either of his children.

I saw Steve put in some effort early on. He's always been awkward with the kids though. 

I was listening to his podcast with Bradford and he said that things were heating up between him and a certain someone but Spinelli interrupts them. So stupid. 

• Love 1

Dr. Hardy read the Christmas story, not The Night Before Christmas. It is nice to get to see the hospital Christmas party each year. I enjoy scenes in the hospital so much more than the mob stuff and would rather see the Quartermaines than the Cornithos clan any day.

And my goodness the Cameron actor is growing in me.  I get the impression that the writers want us rooting for Joss and Oscar, but I really don't care anything about them. I'm over the storyline and would rather see Cameron with his family and helping Aiden overcome whatever issue he is currently dealing with.

NO TO MICHAEL AND WILLOW.  Then again, Willow is kind of annoying.  But also somewhat appealing.  I don't know.  I do know that I am loving Chase and want such good things for him and being bested by a Corinthos is never good.  But it certainly is expected.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

being bested by a Corinthos is never good

If being bested means that he ends up with the much more interesting Sasha, that seems good to me.  Willow is decent, the actress seems pretty good and Carly/Sonny aren't in the middle of this, so Yay?

• Love 1

Carly: With everything you have going on, you still made time to give this to Avery. You my dear are a spectacular big sister.

Yes, it's sooooo amazing that Joss, a rich teenager in the modern era with access to the internet, bought a present for her little sister for Christmas. O. Henry is mad he never came up with that gifting scenario.

Cameron and his brothers were sweet. 

Okay, can they give more effort to Maxie droppng things/crashing into things than an infomercial?

29 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And my goodness the Cameron actor is growing in me.  I get the impression that the writers want us rooting for Joss and Oscar, but I really don't care anything about them. I'm over the storyline and would rather see Cameron with his family and helping Aiden overcome whatever issue he is currently dealing with.

I think the writers prefer Cam. To the point were I think the writers might have him on too much. Not right now, but soon in the "look, the viewers like him! Let's have him tell Carly she's like a second mom to him!" way.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

It's Maxie's first Christmas with her baby. So why did she not bring him to Anna's for Christmas Eve?  Probably the same reason Sam took her kids to Monica's when she went to the baby naming ceremony.  Children are a nuisance.  Which, okay, I can accept that in a tv show - but then stop giving so many characters babies!

I miss my show.  I miss non-sappy Anna.  I miss actual families gathering for Christmas (assuming baby James was with Mac and Felicia, why couldn't Maxie have been with them - off-screen if need be). I miss non-mob families being the core of the show.  I miss actors with a bit of personality and charisma. (Which was emphasized to me when I got to see Lucas on my screen twice this week.  Michael is as blah as blah can be. Lucas has some spark to him. Peter is about as blah as Michael.)

I miss humour, and romance between characters I actually care about. I miss starting a storyline and actually continuing it. (Are we ever going to know which Cassadine kidnapped Cassandra however long ago that happened? Are we ever going to follow up on Valentine piquing Alexis's curiousity about her father? How about the phone call Franco made to Liz's sister whenever that was? I am sure their are oodles more things that I can't currently remember.)

I am not interested in a cancer story about a teenager who first popped up on screen about a year ago and whom I don't care about. I don't care about Valentine and Nina - because Nina bugs me, and Valentine was supposed to be the baddest Cassadine who ever badded, and turns out to be a devoted father who actually seems to be less of a criminal than Sonny. I do not care about the Alzheimer's story, which may make me appear unsympathetic, but my aunt had Alzheimer's and the story shouldn't be about the son-who-was-never-close-to-his-father, but should focus on a child-who-had-a-good-relationship-with-their-parent.  I'm not interested in mobsters/career criminals/those who support them in their endeavours. I'm not interested in a bullying story about a 9-year-old.

The world kind of sucks right now.  I want happiness on my screen. Entertainment. The belief that ultimately, good will prevail.  Good. Not mobsters who are incomprehensibly seen as good, but good.  I'll take more Julian right now - at least he has left the criminal world behind and seems to be on the side of right.

Rant over.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

He's always been awkward with the kids though.

Why do you think that is, though? Is it the kid actors that are awkward? Or Steve? Why was he always good with whoever played Michael? Is it an acting choice bc Jason is/was closer to Michael so Steve plays it that way? Why was Jason always awkward with his biological children? 

So many questions. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Rant over.

*slow clap* Just wonderful.

What's amazing to me is Sonny and Carly are not only worse than ever - a feat in itself - but possibly more deified than ever.  It's unbelievable how awful they are and how much of an anchor they are on the rest of the show.

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

The belief that ultimately, good will prevail.  Good.

Unfortunately, this is something that has been lost from the show for a very long time, and it doesn’t just touch the mobster portion. Frank, especially, has gotten attached to actors who portray the bad and/or grey characters, so we never get to see or feel real justice for the good guys all around.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2