Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

That pot dealer was really weird. Sell the dope to someone else. What's the big deal? 

I fully expected him to be an undercover cop, he was so adamant about the whole thing.  

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

I’m curious about your thoughts on Rebecca Herbst & her character Elizabeth Webber? 

Today’s episode got me thinking how appreciative I’m of her. I know she had to suffer many awful storylines & got fired once or twice but here she is... still our Liz. 

Sometimes I wonder why she never moved on to bigger roles or whatever? 

BH doesn't strike me as the most secure person, may have had something to do with her not pursuing other acting jobs.  Maybe she felt she couldn't hack it? Maybe getting married young and raising children at that age made her want a more steadier paycheck than going out and auditioning and so forth. I'm not a fan of Liz since around Lucky/Liz but Becky has always done her job.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I think I'm the only one who actually likes Valentin and Nina together (I have no idea why), but even I'm sick of this get together, he lies, she leaves, he chases her, she gives in, times infinity.

Pull up a seat, it's been awfully lonely at my table of one.

I have no idea why I like Valentin and Nina together either, there are a million reasons to not like them, but then again, people actually like Sonny and Carly, and/or Jason and Sam. Or, as my Mother used to say, that's why they don't make just one flavor of ice cream (or words to that effect).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And just a reminder, Sonny and Carly are, like, the core relationship/romance of the show these days.

This is the part that gets me.  After Ron was fired, they made this huge production of turning CarSon into the matriach/patriarch of the show.  Thanskgiving, Christmas and New Year's was all Corinthi that year (more so than usual).  They were the be all and end all, because they understand and accept each other and always find their way back to each other, blah, blah, bhal. 

And yet now, since they have no idea what to do with them, they are going to throw another woman in Sonny's path, a woman who would not sleep with this man in her right mind, yet somehow will forget what he's done and sleep with him anyway.  It's just awful. 

• Love 12

I had to laugh that Carly basically accused Margaux of deliberately finding Mike and Yvonne so she could be the hero. Like Margaux set the whole thing up. 

55 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

even I'm sick of this get together, he lies, she leaves, he chases her, she gives in, times infinity.

Valentin and Nina aren't the only ones in this sort of dance. Jason/Sam, Anna/Finn (though they're finally going somewhere), Franco/Elizabeth to some extent (the wedding keeps getting postponed), etc. One couple doing a dance is okay, but this show has way too many.

I liked that Elizabeth focused on how the pot might have affected Oscar adversely rather than harangue Cam for getting busted. I liked Alexis's "You're a good friend" to Cam. Blaming Kristina for Cam wanting to buy pot was ridiculous. Kristina overreacted, but Alexis phrased the whole thing really badly.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I think I'm the only one who actually likes Valentin and Nina together (I have no idea why), but even I'm sick of this get together, he lies, she leaves, he chases her, she gives in, times infinity.

I kind of like them, too,  mainly because I appreciate James Patrick Stuart. If I forget (which I do most of the time) that he's supposed to be the scariest Cassadine of them all, then I like the character, too. I think Stuart commits to the part he's been tasked to play, and even if  when  he does hurt Nina again, he will be conflicted. I like that there's some shades of gray there. Nina I don't care that much about, but that stems more from MS than from the character itself. 

• Love 9

Random thoughts from today:

- Nina/MS is wayyyyy too blonde.  Her hair blends into her skin and today they both blended into her dress.

- Alexis could've been more tactful with Kristina, but she's right: she cannot win with her.  Kristina overreacts to EVERYTHING Alexis says. 

- LOL at Jason basically telling Carly to just wait and see if Sonny bangs Margeux. 

- I'm really over this whole Alzheimer's story--specifically because it's become all about Sonny's man pain. 

- I was so happy when Cam spilled why he was buying the weed and didn't come up with some idiotic lie.

• Love 7

Well, I might be in the minority here but I could actually see what would draw Margaux to Sonny.....she obviously has daddy issues up the wazoo, she's seeing a more beaten down vulnerable Sonny who's dealing with a dead son, a senile father and is actually the only one of his godawful clan to show her some sympathy and kindness. and honestly, as much as Mo may not be liked here I much prefer to see EH with someone that tries, sometimes, even if only until they're bored, than the likes of BM who acts like he's doing every woman (except KM) a favor by sharing the screen with him and looks either nonplussed, bored or like someone said here a few days back, like he wants someone to murder him, EH and Mo have chem and I like were they're headed. They look good together. I too, like Mike, wish that him, Yvonne, Sonny and Margaux could have stayed around the jazz club and made a night of it. 

I'll start with it being pathetic that Carly is married to a man that she trusts so little that him even being slightly nice to another woman makes her immediately assume that he'll cheat again.

Pretty much sums it up. And if Carly is right as others say, then go to your husband about it, don't ask your bff to be a spy and bottle all your insecurities and distrusts. 

Honestly, watching today made me question whether Carly was just looking for a reason to sabotage that marriage herself. It's almost like she wants Sonny to cheat so she can blow him off.

But god was it sickening watching herself pat herself on the back about how Sonny goes after weak women. Meanwhile her stupid ass is crying over a scarf and Margaux just save her FIL not only from possibly disappearing forever but also getting his possible criminal charges dropped. And topping it off by flirting with her husband.

Jason needs to either fuck Carly which we all now it's what she wants, or he needs Faison's swift, leathery boot to kick him off the harbor. Does this man have a personal life?

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Bawoman said:

Well, I might be in the minority here but I could actually see what would draw Margaux to Sonny.....she obviously has daddy issues up the wazoo

She has daddy issues because her dad up and disappeared out of her life. Why did he disappear out of her life - because Sonny KILLLED HIM! How does any self-respecting woman bed the guy who did that, no matter how nice he's being towards her? I actually agree with you that MB and EH have chemistry and I hate Sonny/Carly enough, and especially Carly, to not mind seeing that relationship blow up and see Carly's head explode (even if it would just be temporary.) But the show would need to do another retcon of this storyline and not have Sonny be the one who killed Vincent otherwise it's way too much ick and does the character of Margeaux no favors whatsoever.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She has daddy issues because her dad up and disappeared out of her life. Why did he disappear out of her life - because Sonny KILLLED HIM! How does any self-respecting woman bed the guy who did that, no matter how nice he's being towards her? I actually agree with you that MB and EH have chemistry and I hate Sonny/Carly enough, and especially Carly, to not mind seeing that relationship blow up and see Carly's head explode (even if it would just be temporary.) But the show would need to do another retcon of this storyline and not have Sonny be the one who killed Vincent otherwise it's way too much ick and does the character of Margeaux no favors whatsoever.

I did much prefer it when they were addressing the issue and Margaux was shown trying to deal with it and holding Sonny accountable. But suddenly the scarf incident and she folded like tomorrow's laundry and got all star eyed. So I get it. I would have liked something like Sonny finally breaking down and admitting to her what he did out of guilt and asking for forgiveness....a guilt ridden heartfelt and selfless admission of guilt and apology to me could make a difference between implausible and wrong and a decent redemption story. Have her process this and have her forgive him (or not) as is her pregorative, if she thinks their love could save him from continuing to lead a lifestyle who's beginnings a long time ago caused her so much pain in her life. Or something.

Sadly on this show though you get either wrong and chem-y, or tepid and vanilla. And if made to chose my mind will always wander to the 1st. Because it's true soaps have never been or will be a place for viewing healthy relationships or looking for moral or ethical guidance.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Then to top it off the propping of Carly and Sonny was ridiculous as usual. So all of the women Sonny has had dalliances with were all so weak compared to the uber strong and brave Carly. It was also kind of hilarious since Sam was one of those women and I'd love for her to hear how much Jason agrees how weak she is in comparison to Carly.

Really. I was coming here to say the same thing, but I knew someone would have gotten there first. Who are these weak women in Sonny's past, anyway? I wouldn't describe Alexis that way. Or Olivia. Or Hannah. Or Reese. Or Emily. Or Claire. Or Martina, in the brief time we had her. Or Margaux, if it goes that far. Almost all of them were/are well educated and successful in difficult jobs they didn't get because a man set it up for them or a girlfriend died and willed stuff to them. How is Carly "strong" in comparison, with her history of breakdowns that were not always a legal gambit? I'm not of the opinion that mental illness makes someone weak, but I'm just saying: none of those other Sonny girlfriends ever ran around the park stabbing people with a sickle when life wasn't going well. 

Claudia and Ava, if we include them, aren't what Carly was describing either.  

So, who are these examples of the "wounded bird" type he falls for? Brenda and the badly rewritten/recast version of Kate? I can't remember much about Lily, but my take on her was more that she was kind of understated; I don't remember her as clingy and damaged. But even if we concede her to Carly, it's still a lopsided ledger.    

Carly's exalted opinion of herself and skewed view of others could be really funny sometimes if the show played her for satire, but the writing buys into it.  

In better news, I continue to really love Liz in these parental scenes. That's some real-mom acting from Becky Herbst, some of her best in all the time she's been on the show.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

I’m curious about your thoughts on Rebecca Herbst & her character Elizabeth Webber? 

Today’s episode got me thinking how appreciative I’m of her. I know she had to suffer many awful storylines & got fired once or twice but here she is... still our Liz. 

Sometimes I wonder why she never moved on to bigger roles or whatever? 

I remember BH from a show called Space Cases that was on back when I was a kid. I didn't like that character. I remember really disliking Elizabeth for the longest time, too.  Might have carried over from childhood.  I remember people getting into big fights of JaSam vs. Liason and me just over here thinking both girls suck and I liked him with Robin.  Somewhere along the way, I started liking Liz, though.  I can't really pinpoint exactly when, but she really started to grow on me and I really like her now and absolutely love that she doesn't take crap from Carly.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Did they fire the editing staff?  One minute Nina is down to her bra and panties, the next she is back in her dress, then back to bra and panties.

I noticed that, too.  Mostly because I was thinking about how I could do without that ick scene and then being annoyed that I felt like I was seeing it twice.

I also think that the brownie storyline seems oddly edited.  Almost like they first intended for pot to be in the brownies and.. dun dun dun... unsuspecting people are now eating the brownies and getting high! To the story that we have here, but was poorly edited and so it doesn't make sense why they were doing some of the shots of the brownies and what was getting done with them.

7 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Why do they write Kristina like she's a teenager? If I didn't watch the show I would never guess she's in her mid-twenties.

And not even and older teenager.  Kristina is acting how I acted when I was around 15 and thought I knew everything and my parents were complete morons.  I outgrew it around 16-17. Kristina is 20 and just a brat who overreacts to everything Alexis says or does.  Alexis could say she was going to order pizza, ask Kristina what kind she would like, and Kristina would flip out accusing Alexis of thinking Kristina can't provide for her own food.  And no one ever calls her out on it! I'm ready for Kristina to either get a fine dose of reality or to meet up with Ryan in a dark alley.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I remember BH from a show called Space Cases that was on back when I was a kid. I didn't like that character. I remember really disliking Elizabeth for the longest time, too.  Might have carried over from childhood.  I remember people getting into big fights of JaSam vs. Liason and me just over here thinking both girls suck and I liked him with Robin.  Somewhere along the way, I started liking Liz, though.  I can't really pinpoint exactly when, but she really started to grow on me and I really like her now and absolutely love that she doesn't take crap from Carly.

I'm just the opposite.  I used to like Elizabeth.  I go through phases of watching and I came back in shortly before her rape. That was such a powerful story.  But, then I started to hate her. About the time Jake was conceived.  I do appreciate it people who don't take crap from Carly.  But, she seems hypocritical to me.  But, to be fair, I've been more or less in an off phase only watching once a month or so, probably since a little before Jason "died."  Somewhere in that area.  Actually the TMK storyline really ticked me off, but I think I only took a short vacation and was watching more regularly for a while.  Anyway, I always liked Jason and Sam. I don't like Jason with "good" people because he's a killer.  It seems ridiculous to me that someone in the business of saving lives, like Elizabeth (a nurse), and Robin (a doctor) would be OK with being someone who willfully decides who dies.  At least Sam has a murky past and is a better fit, IMO.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And she's the youngest Brenda!Bot yet, right?  Or was Carly's divorce lawyer younger?  Not a cute look.

I just...I can't even, you guys!

She is, although Kate #2 was only year older.

12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

- I was so happy when Cam spilled why he was buying the weed and didn't come up with some idiotic lie.

Especially after the inane—and totally unnecessary—lies about the brownies.

5 hours ago, Bawoman said:

Sonny finally breaking down and admitting to her what he did out of guilt and asking for forgiveness.

So then we can watch her ultimately not charge him for murder because he confessed so sweetly? No, thanks.

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

In better news, I continue to really love Liz in these parental scenes. That's some real-mom acting from Becky Herbst

She's finally getting some good writing. They could have had her fly off the handle and berate Cam for his idiocy; instead she gets to acknowledge his heart is in the right place but his brain needs to catch up. It helps that they didn't have Cam trying to score Oxycontin or something similar, and that the general attitude toward pot has mellowed (heh).

57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Where did this Gemini club come from? Does Sonny own that too? 

I think it's been mentioned once or twice before. Sonny doesn't own it, for a change. Watch him buy it so Mike has a safe space to go to, though.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So then we can watch her ultimately not charge him for murder because he confessed so sweetly? No, thanks.

She won't charge him regardless.  She'd be implicating her mom in it if she did.

4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I remember BH from a show called Space Cases that was on back when I was a kid.

Oh yeah, I remember "Space Cases".  She was the one girl's invisible friend who turned out to be real and maybe switched places with her, or something?

Anna, it's not going to help your strained relationship with Robin or help Robin accept her half-brother that you went so hard to make Dr. O take responsibility for holding Peter hostage for a lousy month, when you didn't do half as much to work to avenge what Liesl did to Robin and Robert.

...which was promptly immediately nullified by Peter when he backed off of testifying against Liesl. Peter's creepy obsession with Maxie and little James needs to stop. Maxie, Nathan may not have wanted his mother in prison, but I'm sure he didn't want to be murdered via a setup by his father and half-brother, either.  

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4

Wow, the kids are awesome today. Joyful baby Wylie and delightful Avery made it possible to ignore the intensive b.s. going on around them. Perhaps focus should be on them. I could watch an hour of happy baby Wylie.

• Love 5

What a farce that naming ceremony for "Wylie" was.  The show had no interest in making it a moment about Brad (who had zero family or friends there, couldn't KT have filmed one more episode?) or Lucas (no Maxie, no Lulu, no Valerie) or them as a family, it was all about the Corinthii.  And Sonny holding AJ's grandson makes my teeth itch.

And, GASP!, anvils about Willow being the real Wylie's mother, what an unexpeczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

At least Obrecht is free, take that, Anna and Dr. Michael Easton.  And thanks to Maxie, she now knows she has a hot pot of tea she can pour about Nelle's baby.  I wonder if she'll go to Brad about this first.

• Love 5

Was that a new baby Riley? He's adorable. The show does such a good job at finding cute babies.

"You'd think the three of you would have learned by now: Never say never." Liesl is not wrong.

Oh, the horror of Julian picking up Avery. And LOL that the Corinthii are so against Ava seeing her and "using her for her grief." As if they don't do that themselves.

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And, GASP!, anvils about Willow being the real Wylie's mother, what an unexpeczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

giphy.gif

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

What a farce that naming ceremony for "Wylie" was.  The show had no interest in making it a moment about Brad (who had zero family or friends there, couldn't KT have filmed one more episode?) or Lucas (no Maxie, no Lulu, no Valerie) or them as a family, it was all about the Corinthii.  And Sonny holding AJ's grandson makes my teeth itch.

And of course Brad and Lucas don't have their own home this ceremony could have been in, it was at Casa Corinthos.

• Love 4

So, to review, local business owner, Julian, who is doing everything he can to distance himself from his mob past by owning a gastropub and living on the straight and narrow, is currently dealing with trying to be there for his girlfriend whose son is dying of brain cancer as well as dealing with the loss of his own niece and trying to be there for his sister who has lost her oldest daughter. He tries to go pick up his other niece who is scheduled to be with her mother to take to said mother. He discovers he is being left out of the naming ceremony for his grandson because of previous mob ties. This is our bad guy.

Meanwhile....

Current mob boss Sonny Corinthos, father of niece previously mentioned doesn't want to hand over the girl even though it is against the custody agreement. His reasoning for this is that the girls mother is too upset over the loss of her oldest daughter so she should be around youngest daughter.  Because that makes sense in mobsterville.  He also is no only invited to the naming ceremony but is hosting it because his wife is the adopted half-sister of the father (same father who is the biological son of big bad Julian).  Oh, and his other storylines don't involve cancer and dead nieces. They involve him blaming others for the murder he committed and trying to get in the DA's pants even though, as already mentioned, he is married.  Not that that has stopped him the previous 30 times he has cheated on his wife.  This, folks, is your hero.

Sounds about right for this fakakta show.  No wonder ratings are going in the crapper.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh yeah, I remember "Space Cases".  She was the one girl's invisible friend who turned out to be real and maybe switched places with her, or something?

Yes. She was Suzie. Suzie was the invisible friend of Jewel Stait's (of Firefly fame) Catalina.

3 hours ago, ciarra said:

Oh, and I never want to see JPS's hairy chest again.  Could Nina and Valentin do it in the dark next time?

Or how about we just allow them to do it privately and we never see it again? Loving that idea.

• Love 4

"I have you now. I'm never letting you go." Yikes. That sounds more like a threat than a romantic declaration.

The weird looks between Julian and Willow were anvilicious and WTF at the same time. Neither has any idea who the other is, right?

Sam's mostly black outfit was a little sober for a naming ceremony.

Ugh, the return of crying Anna. There was no reason to sob out an invitation to your Christmas party, Anna.

The penny dropping when Liesl heard Michael's baby supposedly was stillborn was hilarious. "Really?" 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The weird looks between Julian and Willow were anvilicious and WTF at the same time. Neither has any idea who the other is, right?

Didn't Julian intervene with the birth mother in person at some point?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, that would explain it, but how did Julian find her? I don't think he got it from Alexis.

4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For sure by phone.  The offscreen show had us speculating that he had met with the mother, thrown a bunch of money and/or threatened her to sign away her rights.  

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

how did Julian find her? I don't think he got it from Alexis.

He snuck into Diane's office, when she and Alexis were meeting about it, and read the info, including name and phone number about the birth mother.  

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The penny dropping when Liesl heard Michael's baby supposedly was stillborn was hilarious. "Really?"

And a very odd way to get that info out there.  "James won't be with his father......Michael won't be with his child".  Uh, huh?  Random info much.  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

So, to review, local business owner, Julian, … is our bad guy.

Meanwhile....

Current mob boss Sonny Corinthos, … is your hero.

Let's not ignore Sighing Sam, with a past as a grifter, currently "in love" with a killer, reacting to being in the same room as Julian as equivalent to being exposed to a deadly disease.

• Love 4

That very good natured, curious baby, spent more time in Sonny's arms than he did in Lucas or Brad's. 

I am really trying to understand WTF is wrong with this show when it comes to Julian.

The Avery actress is leaps and bounds better than the Danny actor. And now that she talks, yes, she should be allowed to say if she wants to spend time with her mother. 

Valentin/Nina are still gross.

Willow saw a picture of Wiley and now she thinks he's her baby, but her real baby is dead. And this is such a mess. I actually like the actress.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Perkie said:
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

how did Julian find her? I don't think he got it from Alexis.

He snuck into Diane's office, when she and Alexis were meeting about it, and read the info, including name and phone number about the birth mother.  

Oh, right, I remember this now.

And also this:

20 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The offscreen show had us speculating that he had met with the mother, thrown a bunch of money and/or threatened her to sign away her rights.  

I know this part was just spec, but you'd think if Julian had threatened Willow, she'd have had more of a reaction to him than staring longingly at him.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rur said:

Let's not ignore Sighing Sam, with a past as a grifter, currently "in love" with a killer, reacting to being in the same room as Julian as equivalent to being exposed to a deadly disease.

THiS.  And I was also annoyed by Lucas' reaction.  He and Julian had made up about a week ago, so long as Julian kept his distance from the baby.  Lucas was acting like that scene never happened.  

48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

but you'd think if Julian had threatened Willow, she'd have had more of a reaction to him than staring longingly at him.

I didn't think she was staring longingly, I thought she was caught by surprise and a little scared.  She did look longingly at the photo of the baby.  

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

because she'll get with Mikey and help him raise that kid?  Who...cares?

But, but, but, she'll be angsty about who to pick, Chase or michael.  I mean, the anticipation......

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No probs! 

So are we thinking that'll be the endgame, she gets her "baby" back because she'll get with Mikey and help him raise that kid?  Who...cares?

I'm still waiting for the double-twist that Nelle played everyone again and Jonah isn't Michael's son after all.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Perkie said:

And I was also annoyed by Lucas' reaction.  He and Julian had made up about a week ago, so long as Julian kept his distance from the baby.  Lucas was acting like that scene never happened.  

Lucas hates Julian whenever the plot demands it. It's so stupid.

5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm still waiting for the double-twist that Nelle played everyone again and Jonah isn't Michael's son after all.

I wish, but no Corinthos can ever lose, especially to a "schemer" like Nelle.

• Love 3