Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I still don’t buy that Kristina & now Valerie are gay and into woman. The only reason the writers are going there again is because there’s only like one free guy on the show. And, that is Chase. Right now, he’s trying to hook up with the teacher. I know having more then 3 black people on contract is the norm for GH but a new dude for Val would be nice. As for, Kristina she can go back to where she was before. I like the actress when she first started on the show and did a great job during the Kiefer storyline but her expiration date was over due a long time  ago. Also, since it can’t be said enough. Sonny & Carly STFU! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

But I am here for Kristina and Valerie!  They have two very solid, unoccupied actresses. Why not?

They also had more chemistry in their one scene months ago than I've seen with any of the other young couples that FV has teed up since he started

• Love 6
11 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Her and Kristina have chem, and certainly more that Krissy ever had with Parker, so I think this may be a pairing I can get behind if the writers actually write for them. 

It's the actually writing for them part I'm most concerned about.  This was, what, their third scenes since Kristina's been back?  So it feels like they jumped into this pretty quick.  I mean, IIRC, Val did have a little "hmmm" moment after the kiss to make Parker jealous, but that was eons ago in show time.

And then you look at Lucas and Brad, who should be getting major POV in this baby swap storyline, but are barely present.  And you look at Terry, who has no life outside of being Liz's BFF from childhood (do we even know if Terry likes men or women?),  And it's just...I feel like the show thinks it's being progressive, but just having the characters there, but not allowing them to have story in any real way, is kinda lame.

Then again, most of the characters who aren't Sonny/Carly/Jason don't have story in any real way.

• Love 3

Show: Okay, 'Cameron buys the pot from the dealer, bakes the brownies, but before he  can get them to Oscar, Franco takes and eats them, and he gets goofier than usual.' Done! Now to film it....

ABCD: Hey, we don't want to show underaged kids buying pot, or pot brownies, so you're gonna have to rewrite it...

Show: Ew.... okay, then Cameron can tell the dealer that the deal is off....

ABCD: Oh, we want Cameron to have consequences for his actions, so he's going to be forced to buy the pot from the dealer, then get busted.

Show: *sighhhhhh*

This is the only show where the response from the 'heroes' to two elderly people with Alzheimer's are lost isn't Silver Alert, but "DON'T CALL THE COPS!"

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's the actually writing for them part I'm most concerned about.  This was, what, their third scenes since Kristina's been back?  So it feels like they jumped into this pretty quick.  I mean, IIRC, Val did have a little "hmmm" moment after the kiss to make Parker jealous, but that was eons ago in show time.

And then you look at Lucas and Brad, who should be getting major POV in this baby swap storyline, but are barely present.  And you look at Terry, who has no life outside of being Liz's BFF from childhood (do we even know if Terry likes men or women?),  And it's just...I feel like the show thinks it's being progressive, but just having the characters there, but not allowing them to have story in any real way, is kinda lame.

Then again, most of the characters who aren't Sonny/Carly/Jason don't have story in any real way.

Oh yes, I'm not denying that the writing for their LGBT+ characters is trash. They think just having some present is enough, like you said, but they refuse to actually give them any real "meat" storyline wise, so to speak. It's honestly so tiring. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like the show thinks it's being progressive, but just having the characters there, but not allowing them to have story in any real way, is kinda lame.

Bingo. The show pretends to be diverse but then does nothing with that diversity.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

This is the only show where the response from the 'heroes' to two elderly people with Alzheimer's are lost isn't Silver Alert, but "DON'T CALL THE COPS!"

Ugh, I know. I mean, Sonny's not wrong to worry about how Mike might react to two unknown people approaching him, but given that Mike doesn't recognize Sonny all the time, it's kind of moot. And it's not as if Sonny or Carly can be held responsible for Mike running off. So stupid.

I forgot to mention this yesterday: Did anyone else feel like the scene where Margaux and Jordan are talking about the jazz club, the writers forgot Jordan had just gotten married? Margaux pushed a bit hard for Jordan to come with. I know married couples don't always have to be together, but considering we'd had scenes where Jordan and Curtis were bemoaning their lack of time together, it was weird. I wouldn't be surprised if the writer forgot Jordan and Curtis had gotten married, heh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I know. I mean, Sonny's not wrong to worry about how Mike might react to two unknown people approaching him, but given that Mike doesn't recognize Sonny all the time, it's kind of moot.

And it's not like Chase at Kelly's where they thought it was an old man getting angry. They know who they are and what they have, so it's not going to be haphazard.

And an distraught Marcus wants Mike arrested. OHHOWEVUL!

25 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

And an distraught Marcus wants Mike arrested. OHHOWEVUL!

It is a bit extreme, don't you think? Mike has Alzheimer's, too. I hate that they're making Marcus such a pill. He has every right to be upset that his wife doesn't recognize him—that's one of the horrible, awful effects of the disease—but Mike is hardly preying on Yvonne. Sonny doesn't need to score points here, so it's gross they're using this story for that purpose. Oh, look, he's the reasonable one. Spare me.

Edited by dubbel zout
added indignation
  • Love 6

Marcus is a bit extreme, but doesn't anyone find it weird that Yvonne removed the watch/tracker she had on her wrist?

My problem with Mike is that he has used his illness to his advantage before in a very gross way, so when he says that he had no idea that she was married, I believe him because she doesn't remember her husband. But now he knows and I 100% question these lapses he is having where the woman is concerned.

And this really better be his illness, or else he will come off as completely predatory, taking advantage of a woman whose illness is progressed further than his. 

This story started out well enough and there have been some really well written moments, but him faking that he forgot, the whole Croton storyline have been terrible and I don't even know what to think of this whole thing with Yvonne.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

But now he knows and I 100% question these lapses he is having where the woman is concerned.

He doesn't recognize Sonny all the time; why would he remember Yvonne has a husband?

Having Mike fake the disease with the dumb gastropub thing was a bad move by the writers. It does taint all of Mike's subsequent illness-related lapses. TFGH: Serving the immediate plot point and ignoring its future impact.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He doesn't recognize Sonny all the time; why would he remember Yvonne has a husband?

Having Mike fake the disease with the dumb gastropub thing was a bad move by the writers. It does taint all of Mike's subsequent illness-related lapses. TFGH: Serving the immediate plot point and ignoring its future impact.

The other problem with this is that the writers put Mike faking forgetting back on the table when they had Sonny questioning that. As a viewer I have to wonder how much of this is true.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Marcus is a bit extreme, but doesn't anyone find it weird that Yvonne removed the watch/tracker she had on her wrist?

I find it odd that she's not in a locked ward.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

There are no words for this mess with Sonny, Carly, Margaux and where it's clearly going.  Just cancel it now.

He shot her dad! Like what is this? Was his name ShmayJay? Just how fat was he?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I do, too. My mother was at an assisted care facility, and her wing, for those with memory issues, was locked. Visitors had to be let in and out, there were no doors to the outside that any of the residents could get access to, and they were pretty much being watched by someone all of the time. 

I understand that conventions sometimes have to be toyed with for plot purposes, but just having two folks with dementia just stroll out of a care facility is lazy writing.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, rur said:

I understand that conventions sometimes have to be toyed with for plot purposes, but just having two folks with dementia just stroll out of a care facility is lazy writing.

How does Marcus or even Sonny let their family stay there after that? It's not even safe.

• Love 5

"If Sonny does this again, if he gets with [Margaux], I won't take him back." Please tell me I wasn't the only one who issued a hearty BULLSHIT at this declaration. It's so Carly that even in the midst of taking a stand against Sonny's roving eye, she finds a way to slam all other women as inferior to her, and that's exactly why Carly won't ever walk away for good. Other women are "fragile" and take advantage of Sonny's "vulnerability" before they ultimately "fail" him, whereas Carly's always been willing to lie and hide the bodies with a smile on her face. She'll stay with Sonny not because of the wonderful family they've created, but because it makes her feel superior and special that she can handle the perils of Sonny's business and his own personal shortcomings when others can not/will not. Whatever Sonny does or doesn't do with Margaux (and I hope they don't go there for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which being it would rob Margaux of all legitimacy as a D.A.), Carly ain't making this her hill to die on.

• Love 13

Isn't it kind of OOC for Carly to even care that he cheats anymore? Unless she's supposed to be a giant moron.

NONE OF SAM'S REASONS MAKE ANY SENSE AND ARE STUPID. Why is this even a thing? Don't they have Sam's snorkeling-conlady past for a story?

Nina: Whaaaat juuust HHAAAHPPened here we were TOOTAHLY GOHING to kiss and then you like, fuh-reaked ooowt.

Stop elongating all your vowels woman!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

NONE OF SAM'S REASONS MAKE ANY SENSE AND ARE STUPID. Why is this even a thing? Don't they have Sam's snorkeling-conlady past for a story?

Well, they can’t put “I DONT WANT TO ACT WITH STEVE” in the script.

I know there are so many circumstances and reasons for this, but I still can’t believe SBu’s Jason has not had a love interest outside of Kelly Monaco since RH in 2007/2008. 

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I agree.  When my aunt was in a memory care unit, the doors were all locked and people were stationed at the door to buzz in visitors and make sure the patients didn't get out.  This storyline is ridiculous.

So we're all pretty sure Sonny isn't going to bang Margaux, right? I mean, they are acting like it is headed that way with Carly talking about how Sonny can't ever seem to keep it in his pants, but them talking about it means it won't happen, right?  Because, gross. With all the women he has bedded, plus taking into consideration that he must not wrap it up since they all get pregnant, he has to be crawling with disease.  In fact, I'd love a "very special episode" of GH where he is in the hospital because of all the STDs he has. I'm surprised his dick hasn't fallen off.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Well, they can’t put “I DONT WANT TO ACT WITH STEVE” in the script.

Yeah, but they could put some sort of scrolling text on the bottom of the screen!

I mean Kelly could thwart their scenes this much would they be having them at all? It's all pretty odd, that's for sure.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
Just now, ulkis said:

Yeah, but they could put some sort of scrolling text on the bottom of the screen!

I mean Kelly could thwart their scenes this much would they be having them at all? It's all pretty odd, that's for sure.

I think the epic slowness of it all is bc of the actors. GH doesn’t do a slowburn with anything and hasn’t in decades. This “let’s stare and not kiss” for over a year is the writers trying to deal with difficult actors.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think the epic slowness of it all is bc of the actors. GH doesn’t do a slowburn with anything and hasn’t in decades. This “let’s stare and not kiss” for over a year is the writers trying to deal with difficult actors.

The actors aren't going to magically get any less difficult and no one is going to change their minds on what they want, so what happens?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

The actors aren't going to magically get any less difficult and no one is going to change their minds on what they want, so what happens?

They’re going to go round and round until they can’t anymore. And when that happens, when JaSam are “together,” you will see quick FTB love scenes and millisecond kisses.

• Love 1

Sam was being thrown around like a ragdoll in a badly choreographed "lust" whatever the hell that was scene in October. Why not just get it over with?   That awkward nastiness happened...what's the point of dragging it out like this?

The writers/actors/producers best bet would have been to get it out of the way, but for some reason it also seems to be slow because they want JaSam to end together no matter what.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Honestly, Nina and Valentin do not need to get back together to be blown up again because Valentin is a lying snake and Nina is a complete dumbass.

Wait, so did Valentin actually convince LWB/FS to help Dr. O go free?  I didn't see those scenes and thus how they resolved.

52 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Isn't it kind of OOC for Carly to even care that he cheats anymore? Unless she's supposed to be a giant moron.

She's also no stranger to cheating herself so maybe dial it in, hun.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sam was being thrown around like a ragdoll in a badly choreographed "lust" whatever the hell that was scene in October. Why not just get it over with?   That awkward nastiness happened...what's the point of dragging it out like this?

And that was only once after like, a YEAR of not even TOUCHING. Think about how this would be written for any other actor/character pairing. This isn’t normal. It’s clear BTS struggle.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, so did Valentin actually convince LWB/FS to help Dr. O go free?  I didn't see those scenes and thus how they resolved.

Not in today's episode, but in the previews idiot Maxie is telling him that Nathan wouldn't want his mom to go to prison.

2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And that was only once after like, a YEAR of not even TOUCHING. Think about how this would be written for any other actor/character pairing. This isn’t normal. It’s clear BTS struggle.

Oh I know it is. I just don't think it's going to change and if KM was willing to be thrown around like a ragdoll and do that type of scene 3 months ago, what leg does she have to stand on now? I just think this is stupid.  She's not going to get "out of Jasam" unless she leaves.

• Love 1
Just now, Hater said:

Oh I know it is. I just don't think it's going to change and if KM was willing to be thrown around like a ragdoll and do that type of scene 3 months ago, what leg does she have to stand on now? I just think this is stupid.  She's not going to get "out of Jasam" unless she leaves.

It’s dumb, for sure. And clearly she can’t get out of JaSam, but it seems like if she has to do it, she and/or Burton have some of their demands heard bc, again, if this was anyone else, JaSam would be together by now, etc.

• Love 1

None of Sam's reasons make any sense. Least of all she wants to be sure of herself before getting involved with Jason again. All pov and minor progress they made in giving her an identity of her own was scrapped when SBu returned. She's 2009-2012 sitting vigil on the sofa Sam again, sending Jason off to help Carson with their problems even though she has bigger ones. She's all about Jason, she's utilizing Spinelli, breaking laws, yet she's not with him. She couldn't care less about Drew, puhlease. It makes no sense that it would move thisssss sssllllloooowwwww. It only adds to the spec that BTS is an ugly mess. 

Carly is right, Sonny has always had a wandering dick, but she's no angel either. Sonny cheating on her with Margaux would be disgusting for a laundry list of reasons and Sonny being married isn't even in the top spot, but as always Carly loses me when she goes on to bash these women as weak and beneath her. Don't. Make. Me. Laugh.

I wouldn't mind trying out Jason and Margaux. That might make Carly even crazier. SBu is the only actor I've thought EH had any chemistry with since she came on. It's also a pairing that has its problems but let's be real, every pairing is problematic with this crew. It would get Margaux away from Sonny which is nothing but awkward and Jason away from Sam which is nothing but awkward. If Jason steps in on behalf of bestie Carly to try and put the kibosh on any Sonny and Margaux shenanigans, intervening here and there, that gives them the chance to connect. I don't even know if they would work, I'm just desperate for the show to mix shit up. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 5
49 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

They’re going to go round and round until they can’t anymore. And when that happens, when JaSam are “together,” you will see quick FTB love scenes and millisecond kisses.

How romantic. Soulmates!

• Love 1

I don't even know how I'm typing this because my eyes rolled so far after those Carly/Jason scenes I still haven't been able to catch them yet. I know we were supposed to feel sorry for Carly, but forget the fact I can never feel sorry for that woman but there were also so many enraging, embarrassing, annoying things in that conversation. I'll start with it being pathetic that Carly is married to a man that she trusts so little that him even being slightly nice to another woman makes her immediately assume that he'll cheat again. I guess on the one hand, I could give them props that they're not having Carly ignore the obvious signs of potential infidelity but it still makes her look pathetic. 

Then to top it off the propping of Carly and Sonny was ridiculous as usual. So all of the women Sonny has had dalliances with were all so weak compared to the uber strong and brave Carly. It was also kind of hilarious since Sam was one of those women and I'd love for her to hear how much Jason agrees how weak she is in comparison to Carly. And then the most enraging part was the explanation why those other relationships didn't work out - because THEY failed SONNY? They failed him? It would be one thing if I could just chalk it up to Sonny's biggest enablers Carly and Jason having these ridiculous views but I think the show actually wants us to believe this crap as well.

Nina is pretty much as pathetic as Carly. When she finds out about Valentin's Sasha deception I'm not going to feel sorry for her at all.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

thier kisses will be shot like this (except with the piano plinking instead of the string instrument):

https://youtu.be/yNjhj0eiDtc?t=298

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I'll start with it being pathetic that Carly is married to a man that she trusts so little that him even being slightly nice to another woman makes her immediately assume that he'll cheat again.

She's not wrong, though. LOL. Not all of Sonny's cheating is hate sex.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She's not wrong, though. LOL. Not all of Sonny's cheating is hate sex.

She's definitely not wrong. I think we can all see the story writing on the wall. As I said, it's kind of nice that they're not having Carly be oblivious and act like Sonny would never cheat but it's still pathetic that she trusts her husband so little and is still with him.

She's also no stranger to cheating herself so maybe dial it in, hun.

Not to defend Carly at all, but has she ever actually cheated on Sonny? I know she's cheated on Jax, Franco, Tony, and technically AJ but I don't remember her cheating on Sonny (I don't think she cheated on him with Lorenzo but I could be mistaken.)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

I don't think it's at all a stretch for Valerie to suddenly be questioning her sexuality. I've actually known a ton of conventionally attractive, seemingly-heterosexual women who have, after a lifetime of dating only men, confessed to me that they were dying to date or hook up with a woman. Many many "straight" women are curious

Generally speaking, I tend to be skeptical about LGBTQ stories on soaps and would prefer GH not dip into a trans child story for Aiden (I say this as a queer woman who just doesn't want LGBT stories told poorly).  But I am here for Kristina and Valerie!  They have two very solid, unoccupied actresses. Why not?

As someone who has advocated for a Kristina /Valerie relationship in the past, I am thrilled that the show is finally getting on board. And I actually despise Kristina. But she has undeniable chemistry with Val, and it’s about time we had a couple with chemistry. (Take notes, Jasam.) The fact that Valerie has been so sorely underused actually makes the retcon of her hetero relationships plausible. Because the show had no interest in her dates, it can be assumed she had none either. She just wasn’t ready to admit it to herself before.

i would be surprised if the Aiden story goes all the way into trans territory. I think it will be more about gender roles, and Aidens “weirdness “ just coming from the fact that he doesn’t like stereotypical boy things, so he is being bullied.  I also assume it will told solely from the point of view of the adults. (And Franco.) 

• Love 5

I think I'm the only one who actually likes Valentin and Nina together (I have no idea why), but even I'm sick of this get together, he lies, she leaves, he chases her, she gives in, times infinity.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 2

I’m curious about your thoughts on Rebecca Herbst & her character Elizabeth Webber? 

Today’s episode got me thinking how appreciative I’m of her. I know she had to suffer many awful storylines & got fired once or twice but here she is... still our Liz. 

Sometimes I wonder why she never moved on to bigger roles or whatever? 

• Love 10