Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

The kid playing Cam is turning out to be a really good actor. Even when he was lying to Franco, I almost believed him! (They actually look like they could be father and son.) Anyway, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before TPTB ruin Cam with some stupid ass storyline. 

The look on Sam's face as Jason came in for that non-kiss was like Jerry Seinfeld when the "close talker" approaches him. She cannot hide her disdain. 

Sonny suggesting Mike is forgetting stuff on purpose. Excellent work, Sonny. So comforting to someone with a memory disorder. Jesus God. 

• Love 10

Oof, what a clunky promo for Toys for Tots, and gross that Danny has to pimp his parents. The Danny actor is pretty wooden,.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

It should really be Stella at Turning Woods (awful name) helping to diffuse the tension between Marcus, Mike and Yvonne instead of Sonny and Carly.

I'm glad they had a Turning Woods employee come in when Sonny started yelling, but he really should have done a bit more, even if he was an under-3 day player: "Give a holler if you need anything." Bad choice of words, dude!

I don't think Lulu and Charlotte should have ambushed Elizabeth and Aiden. Call ahead! Elizabeth, at least should have had more of a head's up about what was going on. (The Aiden actor is pretty good; he's better than the Danny one.)

"Charlotte, that was really big of you." Laura, what?! An apology was the bare minimum Charlotte could give Aiden.

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

Hey Franco, two plus two usually equals four. 

Why does he care? And he's calling the school's drama department? Gross. It was dumb Cam lied in the first place—baking brownies for a sick friend isn't strange. Especially since he didn't add the pot, what's the big deal? I don't know why Cam is so squirrelly about them right now.

40 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Sonny suggesting Mike is forgetting stuff on purpose. Excellent work, Sonny. So comforting to someone with a memory disorder. Jesus God. 

And Sonny throws the gas leak in Mike's face. If Mike hadn't lied then, Sonny would have found a way to get Mike out of it. Shut up, Sonny.

Sam and Jason are more sleep-inducing than Xanax. Good grief, they're boring.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Didn't Franco's only friend get murdered? He's acting very Casual Farmer Franco about it.

Guess no Emmy bait for Roho.

This stuff with Aiden is so damn depressing.  Every story is depressing.  Cancer, murder, bullying, everything.  And zero romance to balance it out...only stiff chemistry free pairings with actors who look like they'd rather be anywhere else but in the scene.

I don't know wtf ABC is thinking here, but something has to give. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Hater said:

This stuff with Aiden is so damn depressing. 

I know, right? Gross that we're only now learning that Charlotte isn't the only one who bullied Aiden because he's "weird." This story shouldn't be dragged out.

Was the "You're a loser, Aiden!" screen on his laptop real or his imagination? I wasn't sure.

That said, the last scene with Elizabeth and Aiden hugging was really sweet. The little Aiden actor is a lot better than the Danny kid.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know, right? Gross that we're only now learning that Charlotte isn't the only one who bullied Aiden because he's "weird." This story shouldn't be dragged out.

I wasn't sure whether to take Charlotte's word on that or whether it was just her way of deflecting blame. She clearly didn't mean a word of her apology.

• Love 7

Uh, hey Lulu and Laura, you're supposed to withhold things like ice cream and heaping praise when a child misbehaves not shower them with it. I get they were pleased she did the right thing but sheesh. I can't tell if Charlotte was legitimately apologizing or parroting what Lulu told her to Aiden, I guess we'll see. The scene with Aiden and Liz was so adorable. That little boy has played Aiden for so long he and Becky have a great chemistry. I doubt the writers at all have the skills to handle this storyline without messing things up. It's delicate no matter which way they go. I was hoping they would wrap it up today but it looks like Aiden is going to get more and more depressed :( 

Franco has Cam's phone and knows he's going to a drug deal. So instead of chasing after him and following him, he goes home. Ok. 

Kelly was extra sleepy today. When I start thinking SBu is really putting in an effort, the other actor has essentially gone to sleep. I didn't find their scenes romantic or cute. They were boring and awkward as usual. There's nothing standing in the way of their reunion, Sam doesn't even display any lingering feelings for Drew. They are the anti-soap couple. I wish Jason would fall back into the harbor and take Sam with him. 

• Love 6

Charlotte creeps me out.   I don't trust her.

Why do I think I'm seeing a baby bump on Emme?  Did anyone else see that?

Has Kelly Monaco ever - in her whole career - acted with any enthusiasm/joy/exhuberance? 

I agree with @Hater:   Every story line is just so damn depressing.   Remember the old days of GH with Luke and Scorpio on their adventures?  The cranky/hilarious Quartermaine squabbles?  Hell, I'm even starting to look back on Casey the Alien with fondness.  The writers have got to figure out some sense of balance.  

I miss Tracy.  I even miss Faison.   I miss what GH used to be.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was the "You're a loser, Aiden!" screen on his laptop real or his imagination? I wasn't sure.

I think that that was real. The game is set up to "talk" to the player by the user name entered, and he didn't do well in that round. And it's one of those things that should not be a big deal, but even something he turns to for a diversion is reminding him of what his peer non-relationships are like. The game itself seems to be bullying him.   

I wish the whole story were being done that well. It started with back-to-school shopping, and now the school year is about half over. At this rate, the kids will be on summer break and they can just recast them with older actors. I had no idea how to read the end of Monday's scene at Liz's, when Charlotte said she was just glad she was able to make Aiden feel better. Laura made a face that would be an appropriate response if Charlotte had just said that minority groups should be put in concentration camps. Was Charlotte's line reading about making Aiden feel better supposed to come off as insincere and nasty, and Genie Francis's acting was supposed to match the intent rather than the execution? Because the Charlotte actress just sounded like she always does.  

Earlier, I really didn't like the way Lulu's revelation that her nephew was the bullying target was positioned as the rebuttal to Ninny's statement that the other parents were the ones who needed to toughen their kid up. Even if Charlotte were victimizing a kid not related to Lulu or anyone else on the canvas, it would still be wrong.  

I think Max Gail has generally done a great job with the dementia story, but they've played the character of Mike on front burner for too long, and the cracks are starting to show. I get that there are good days and bad days, but this doesn't seem like that. It's more like he's as good or bad as the story of the moment needs him to be.  

Now I'm just trying to guess whether it's Chris or Shelly who saw Away from Her.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Uh, hey Lulu and Laura, you're supposed to withhold things like ice cream and heaping praise when a child misbehaves not shower them with it.

You've seen how Laura parents Spencer, right?  "So you lied and flew internationally by yourself after stealing my credit card?  Let's have pizza!".  Ugh.

• Love 8

co-sign. is this supposed to be a 'twist" Charlotte's not the big bad.. there is another bigger badder kid.. that even the teacher is totally unaware of.  I'm also getting definite creeper vibes from that Charlotte kid. When Aiden didn't immediately accept her apology, she looked like she was trying to control him with her MIIIIIIIIIIND.

this Franco narcing on Cam is annoying.. it says right in the texts that Cam changed his mind about the drugs.  Also, I don't know how drugs are dealt these days.. but insisting on being paid after a sale is called off is just poor customer service.. Also, because I was curious, I looked up whether NY had decriminalized marijuana-- and it's legal for medicinal (but not recreational use) and if he buys less than 25 grams-- it's only a fine. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

this Franco narcing on Cam is annoying.. it says right in the texts that Cam changed his mind about the drugs.  Also, I don't know how drugs are dealt these days.. but insisting on being paid after a sale is called off is just poor customer service.. Also, because I was curious, I looked up whether NY had decriminalized marijuana-- and it's legal for medicinal (but not recreational use) and if he buys less than 25 grams-- it's only a fine. 

Why not go to Cam first and have him explain it?  Oh, right, that wouldn't be dramatic.  Also, as if that dealer couldn't unload whatever piddly amount of weed Cam was going to buy.  Insisting on his money was so dumb.  

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Perkie said:

Having just put my mother in a nursing home in January and watching her with her dementia, let me just say that if I walked in and some guy was macking on her like Mike is with Yvonne, I would be as pissed as Marcus is.  The show seems to be playing this like CarSon are right in letting MIke's relationship continue but no, not good.  Also, there are hoops and whatnot to go through to get in and out of my mother's nursing home, so no way MIke and Yvonne could just leave.  

Even forwarding through the JaSam crap, it took forever for us to get through this episode at Haus Nutmeg because of us stopping the DVR and talking about our respective experiences with our parents with Alzheimers. The consensus is that Marcus should be further along in accepting that the Yvonne he knew is slipping away, and soon, he will be taking care of an entity that looks like his wife, but isn't his wife.

Carly and Sonny have been more accepting and adaptable to Mike's situation (Marcus is still trying to tell Yvonne that she's his wife, rather than working in whatever reality she's in, like Sonny). What pisses us off is that it should be Stella and the other at the nursing home to counsel Marcus, and not Sonny/Carly. Also, they do need to have more orderlies to watch over and step in, and it's not Sonny's job to so. It's also pissing us off they shoehorned the Croyton subplot into Mike's storyline to make it all about Sonny, and to make Mike more aware and lucid at times than he should be, all to benefit Sonny.

Hopefully, Marcus' need for counseling opens an opportunity for Dr. Andre to return, because he's one person who can relate to Marcus directly. Maybe with Drew in possession of the USB, it's in the future.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

but insisting on being paid after a sale is called off is just poor customer service.

I don't know that drug dealers are all that much into "good customer service." I saw another show where someone went to borrow money from a loan shark.  She handed it right back after he handed it to her (don't remember why), and he said he'd be by on the first of the month for the interest.

10 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Uh, hey Lulu and Laura, you're supposed to withhold things like ice cream and heaping praise when a child misbehaves not shower them with it. I get they were pleased she did the right thing but sheesh. I can't tell if Charlotte was legitimately apologizing or parroting what Lulu told her to Aiden, I guess we'll see.

I'm more in line with this than Nina interrupting everyone to tell how empowered Charlotte is and it's all Aiden's fault, and THEN give Charlotte ice cream. All things considered, even if Charlotte is just going through the motions, I'll but it for now.

One thing about Aiden that we're speculating: Aiden is high-functioning autistic, and his monotone and non-reaction to Charlotte's apology is giving us indication. It's interesting, but if Show is going there, hopefully Show won't fuck it up.

Michele Satafford smiling & mugging is so annoying. On, Y&R she was jazzy hands & would repeat her lines twice. On GH she’s always smiling & mugging within an inch of another actors face. She’s awful. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

All things considered, even if Charlotte is just going through the motions, I'll but it for now.

I buy it, if only for the reason she knows she got in trouble and she doesn't want Mommy and Papa on her case about it, so she apologized.  Even if she thinks "eh, what's the big deal?" if it stops her from bullying Aiden and she starts being nice to him, I consider it mission accomplished until she can mature enough to truly realize what she did was shitty.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

I'm more in line with this than Nina interrupting everyone to tell how empowered Charlotte is and it's all Aiden's fault, and THEN give Charlotte ice cream. All things considered, even if Charlotte is just going through the motions, I'll but it for now.

One thing about Aiden that we're speculating: Aiden is high-functioning autistic, and his monotone and non-reaction to Charlotte's apology is giving us indication. It's interesting, but if Show is going there, hopefully Show won't fuck it up.

I think they are going to go with a trans story regarding Aiden and am 100% certain they are going to eff it up.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I think they are going to go with a trans story regarding Aiden and am 100% certain they are going to eff it up.

Oh god please no. Those stories are incredibly important, but I don't think GH is the right storyteller. 

• Love 3

It feels like they teased Kristina and Valerie ten zillion years ago, but I guess it's now a go.  As I said then, I dunno about yet another Spencer/Corinthos pairing, and another pairing with a cop forced to excuse the Corinthii.  But, I dunno, there is something there, way more so than there ever was with Parker.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It feels like they teased Kristina and Valerie ten zillion years ago, but I guess it's now a go.  As I said then, I dunno about yet another Spencer/Corinthos pairing, and another pairing with a cop forced to excuse the Corinthii.  But, I dunno, there is something there, way more so than there ever was with Parker.

This is a legitimate question: do Valerie and Kristina even know each other aside from Valerie being the former mistress of Kristina's brother?

They've been friends for a while (and maybe were roommates?  Did Val live in that off-screen apartment with Amy 2.0 as well?), they referenced today them kissing to make Parker jealous last year.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Jason drops Sam and her angst to run to Carly and Sonny and their angst. 

Those stockings are very ugly.

I've been waiting on them to circle back to Val and Kristina, but I did not expect Val's reaction. 

Lulu, girl reported, is an idiot. Whatever she's doing, please, make her stop. 

I feel bad for Cameron. The road to hell really is paved with good intentions.

• Love 1

When Liz said that Aiden always liked to place house more than go outside, was anyone else yelling at the tv, "That's because he was always locked in the attic!"? 

That said, do we really need what looks like two separate gender-issue stories going on at the same time? Especially when the known gays we have on the canvas are never on the screen? 

• Love 2

Kelly and Burton attempting acting

***Ring, ring, ring***

Carly:  Hey.  Mike is lost with his new married girlfriend! The cops are involved

Jason: UGH the cops?  Who called?

Carly: Her husband, he's upset

Jason: Ahh, the cops! I'm the super hero

Carly: We can really use your help

Jason:  Ok, master...I'll be over in a second

Jason: Sam, I have to leave your lame stalker storyline

Sam: No problem <whispers> go go go go

Jason: SEEYA! <politely grabs his jacket like a doorman"

AHH YES......Sam decided this was a better life.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hater said:

Kelly and Burton attempting acting

***Ring, ring, ring***

Carly:  Hey.  Mike is lost with his new married girlfriend! The cops are involved

Jason: UGH the cops?  Who called?

Carly: Her husband, he's upset

Jason: Ahh, the cops! I'm the super hero

Carly: We can really use your help

Jason:  Ok, master...I'll be over in a second

Jason: SEEYA! <politely grabs his jacket like a doorman"

AHH YES......Sam decided this was a better life.

What is that quote? When someone shows you who they are, believe them? Jason clearly hasn't learned a damn thing from his time in captivity because as long as Carly and Sonny need him for their self-created drama he's not going to ever put Sam, Danny or Jake first.

• Love 3

They've cast so many duds under FV that I am freaking almost shocked about how good the Cam actor is. I don't know how great he is at just acting, but he's decent and he has some charisma and has chemistry with everyone so far.

• Love 9

Lulu is a total piece of shit for using and betraying Chase like that and for breaking the law. Real investigative journalists do not resort to breaking the law and compromising police investigations to get their stories, Lulu.  

Well, I'm glad they are doing something with Val, cuz I do like her.

I wonder what kind of prep is done with a child actor before going into a gender issue storyline. I mean, it seems kind of intense and complex for a kid as young as Aiden to play, unless they have a certain level of maturity. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

They've been friends for a while (and maybe were roommates?  Did Val live in that off-screen apartment with Amy 2.0 as well?), they referenced today them kissing to make Parker jealous last year.

I feel like they are going to go the th route that Val is now struggling with her sexuality and it's going to take a lot for me to buy that one. She was willing to publicly make out with Kristina to make Parker jealous and is now all worried about how things look? Not buying it. And doing this the same time that they are doing what I can only assume is a trans storyline with Aiden is going to be too much for me. We never see Lucas as is.

How about instead of this, we let Val be the one to figure out Kevin is really Ryan? And Aiden's issue can be not that he is trans but just that he likes different things that people consider girl things. Then, let's put Kristina with Terry.

• Love 3

I think people might be jumping the gun with the idea that the Aiden thing will be a trans story. Liking to play house and enjoying stereotypically girl things and being trans are two very different things. Now of course he could be, but I think that that's a bit stereotypical and probably one of the things people may be bullying him with. 

• Love 8

Did that loser "krissy" say "Lulu was being shady about something" in regards to Valerie's affair with Dante?

Corinthi Klan suck!

I think BS is a pretty woman but sometimes on screen she comes across as being very aggressive in the jaw area.

Lexi's eyebrows..... 

Edited by Hater
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I feel like they are going to go the th route that Val is now struggling with her sexuality and it's going to take a lot for me to buy that one

Yeah, I think they're gearing up to have her come out as gay. They seemed to kind of retcon the pretext of her past relationships with men like Dante and Curtis (so maybe she won't be bi). And all that about her being a shut in/wallflower as a teen, so she never really got a chance to explore herself. So, I think we're supposed to believe that she fell into compulsory heterosexuality as an adult.

I'll go with it, but because we never got to actually know Valerie as a person in the three or so years that she's been around. 

Her and Kristina have chem, and certainly more that Krissy ever had with Parker, so I think this may be a pairing I can get behind if the writers actually write for them. 

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 4

Ugh, Sam and Jason. Her message beep on her phone is really loud.

What's the difference between a Tinder date and getting hit on a rando hipster?

Watching Chase shut down Girl Reporter was so satisfying. Too bad Officer Murphy was an idiot not to secure that police file.

That pot dealer was really weird. Sell the dope to someone else. What's the big deal? 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, Sam and Jason. Her message beep on her phone is really loud.

What's the difference between a Tinder date and getting hit on a rando hipster?

Watching Chase shut down Girl Reporter was so satisfying. Too bad Officer Murphy was an idiot not to secure that police file.

That pot dealer was really weird. Sell the dope to someone else. What's the big deal? 

That Sam thinks she can ever attain a higher position than #3 on Jason's Most Important People list is pretty funny.  And #3 is really a pipe dream, since Michael probably easily fills that spot. 

Chase having Lulu's number was great, but Lulu just cannot help herself from being shady in regard to getting her ~story. 

The pot dealer scenes were so dumb.  As if the kid couldn't sell it to any of his vast number of other customers he kept talking about.  Making it sound like his supplier was a drug kingpin--ok, kid.  Having said that, Cam actor continues to impress me.  I find myself rooting for him.

• Love 4

By now, it's back to focusing on props on the set when these two are in a scene.  I was brave enough to catch part of a scene with Jason promising his aid to Sam.  So remorseful Sam is going to  make restitution to those folks she left destitute and Jason is going to part ways with his blood money? 

Did Liz say Aidan likes to play house or play in the house?

Spare me from any s/l involving Krissy.

Charlotte is Bad Seed 2018.

Girl reporter sucks.

I like Max Gail but everything adjacent to him except Stella is not good.

Why did I think we were going to get some Robert Scorpio?

Did Liz say Aidan likes to play house or play in the house?

Spare me from any s/l involving Krissy.

Charlotte is Bad Seed 2018.

Girl reporter sucks.

I like Max Gail but everything adjacent to him except Stella is not good.

Why did I think we were going to get some Robert Scorpio?

• Love 1

I don't think it's at all a stretch for Valerie to suddenly be questioning her sexuality. I've actually known a ton of conventionally attractive, seemingly-heterosexual women who have, after a lifetime of dating only men, confessed to me that they were dying to date or hook up with a woman. Many many "straight" women are curious

Generally speaking, I tend to be skeptical about LGBTQ stories on soaps and would prefer GH not dip into a trans child story for Aiden (I say this as a queer woman who just doesn't want LGBT stories told poorly).  But I am here for Kristina and Valerie!  They have two very solid, unoccupied actresses. Why not?

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 6